Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 2 of 2[ 51 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Time TravelersTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Yeah, some of the bad ends are pretty crazy.

And yeah, Shindo is a boss. Just wait until you get to some of his later stuff.

As for your speculations: no comment. :minuki:
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

迷探偵

It was announced about two weeks ago that the prices of most of Level 5's (DL) games would be cut in half in a campaign, so I had patiently been waiting for this day (the campaign started today).

So I finally got Time Travelers (and Inazuma123). Excited!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

1000% Knight

I still haven't finished it... I played a bit a bit ago, but then I went back Bravely Default. ^^" I think I got up to 5 o'clock in this before stopping... Things are heating up, and starting to come together...!
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

迷探偵

About six hours in the game, and nearing the end-game (now at 18:00). It plays similar to Machi and 428, but Time Travellers is a lot easier because the game autojumps to the right persons and shows what it was what went wrong, but I am having fun with the game. Especially loving all the 428 references.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

迷探偵

Just finished the game, clocking in at 10 hours. Gameplay-wise, it's really just a shorter and easier 428. Independent running storylines, Time Locks and Time Stops (or whatever they were called there) are what you get right at the beginning of 428 (and TT doesn't even use TIPS jumping), so I had no trouble getting through the game. New were the QTEs. I didn't care for them too much, but didn't mind them either. Storywise, it's a bit predictable for a time travel story, but fun all the same. Ressenti☆Man's story is the most fun IMHO (the two times I was really surprised at the game were both during his story), but the overall story is interesting enough to play through.

I am used to Kamaitachi no Yoru and other Chunsoft sound novels, so I was a bit surprised to see walking and talking polygon models in the game though...

元・超会社員級の管理人

I'm curious, what bits in Ressenti☆Man's story surprised you?

Spoiler:
Personally, I was surprised at Chiriko getting her neck snapped, even though that turned out to be fake. Can't recall if there was anything else that really shocked me, but it's been a few months and frankly it was a little above my Japanese level.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
I'm curious, what bits in Ressenti☆Man's story surprised you?

Spoiler:
Personally, I was surprised at Chiriko getting her neck snapped, even though that turned out to be fake. Can't recall if there was anything else that really shocked me, but it's been a few months and frankly it was a little above my Japanese level.

Spoiler:
The same part. Seeing people shot down as part of a bad ending is one thing, seeing someone close killed in front of your eyes as part of the story is another thing. And then she turned out to be alive, and while it was touching, I felt kinda cheated. Until they decided to really kill off Ressenti☆Man at the end with the bomb, and I was still like 'wait.. this is just a bad ending, right..?'

元・超会社員級の管理人

Spoiler:
Oh, yeah, the ending scenes where everyone got offed were actually pretty well done, though it also made it even more clear that Mikoto would be undoing everything to cap off the story.

Wooster wrote:

Last edited by Bolt Storm on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Broken spoiler tags. Go me.

迷探偵

Oh, and about an earlier comment about Mikoto's role in the story:

Spoiler:
I think it's as follows:

(1) Muffler Mikoto: sees everybody getting shot in the lab, takes those memories with her when she is sent back
(2) Back to the Future Mikoto: helps Shindou, hears about the time traveling
(3) 'Neutral' Mikoto: sees Resenti☆Man become a hero, learns about the bomb
(4) Coat Mikoto: meets up with Kamiya (knows the bomb is deactivated)
(5) Tama - Mikoto: runs mostly around dressed like the cat-mascot Tama of 428. Joins Yuuri at the end.
(6) Final chapter Mikoto

One of the Mikoto's after (2) must have given Shindou the knowledge for his bet (probably Tama-Mikoto)...

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
Especially loving all the 428 references.

Darn wii region-locking :sadshoe:

In other news... I played about half an hour of TT since my last post before going back to Animal Crossing (due to the English release and other people playing it)

1000% Knight

FINALLY finished it. Clocked in at exactly 14 hours, but considering I played it in short bursts over a long period of time, it felt pretty long.

I really liked it. As far as time traveling stories go, this one isn't particularly great, but... I thought the characters were really well done.

Spoiler: Endgame
I thought it was pretty hilarious when the teacher came out of nowhere and started shooting everyone.

I'm also really glad we found out what happened to Yuuri in the end. When the credits were playing, the one time I was disappointed about was the lack of a final Yuuri+Mikoto scene. (It wasn't quite the Yuuri+Mikoto scene I wanted, but... oh well.)

Page 2 of 2 [ 51 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)