Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 4 of 9[ 329 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - PLvsGS editionTopic%20Title

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but does the game reference any specific case in the AA series? When does this game take place in AA's timeline? *Assuming it's canon*

I will lol hard if PL VS AA has more references to AJ than AAI does.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
I'm up to chapter 5 atm, and I don't think I've seen a single reference to either franchise outside of the blue badger in the prologue case.

EDIT: Maya said "Zvarri!". That's it, though, and I'm almost at the end.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Spoiler:
Does the game imply Phoenix and Layton live in the same 'universe'/reality, or that when they're not in the fake city world thing, they return to their own Layton Universe and GS Universe?

Spoiler:
Does Phoenix really spent x years making bread etc, or is it a false memory that he 'remembers' making bread for years?

LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
iunno, not quite finished yet xP I'll answer when I find out if Bolt or Ash don't beat me to it.

Spoiler:
It's a fake memory.

OBJECTION! That's a clear contradiction!

I have a lot of questions so let's just begin:

Is there a gallery where you can see things like Profiles, Music, Cutscenes, Voice Clips, etc. like in the Professor Layton games?

Is there a Hidden Door like in the Professor Layton games?

Does the trunk hold things like Layton's Journal, the Mysteries that need to be solved, the Puzzle Index, etc.?

What happens to non story puzzles that you missed, are they sent to something similar to Granny Riddleton?

Does Professor Layton ever Cross Examine witnesses like Phoenix does without his help though?

Spoiler:
Can you give a little explanation as to the Storyteller's role in the end? I know he handed out some sort of pages containing stories, but if he's the true villain, can you explain it a little?

Spoiler:
What happens to the whole group in the end? How do they get sent back home or does it even show them getting sent back home? (As you can see, I don't particularly care if I'm spoiled)

Do they give a good reason for Phoenix losing his memory and thinking he is a bread maker? Does he ever question why he's a bread maker wearing a blue suit?

And finally, does the Professor have a voiced "Wait a sec" (In Japanese) and "Take that!" (In Japanese)

Derper

When a court episode(s) DLC would come, what would the new plot be about?
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Has anyone who has beaten the game checked the credits to see who composed the music for this game?

If not, would someone be willing to? :D

元・超会社員級の管理人

Answer ALL the questions!

icer wrote:
Spoiler:
Does the game imply Phoenix and Layton live in the same 'universe'/reality, or that when they're not in the fake city world thing, they return to their own Layton Universe and GS Universe?

Spoiler:
They live in the same universe. Phoenix comes to London for a sort of exchange program with the London Bar Association.

SkylarHewitt7 wrote:
I have a lot of questions so let's just begin:

Is there a gallery where you can see things like Profiles, Music, Cutscenes, Voice Clips, etc. like in the Professor Layton games?

Is there a Hidden Door like in the Professor Layton games?

Does the trunk hold things like Layton's Journal, the Mysteries that need to be solved, the Puzzle Index, etc.?

What happens to non story puzzles that you missed, are they sent to something similar to Granny Riddleton?

Does Professor Layton ever Cross Examine witnesses like Phoenix does without his help though?

Spoiler:
Can you give a little explanation as to the Storyteller's role in the end? I know he handed out some sort of pages containing stories, but if he's the true villain, can you explain it a little?

Spoiler:
What happens to the whole group in the end? How do they get sent back home or does it even show them getting sent back home? (As you can see, I don't particularly care if I'm spoiled)

Do they give a good reason for Phoenix losing his memory and thinking he is a bread maker? Does he ever question why he's a bread maker wearing a blue suit?

And finally, does the Professor have a voiced "Wait a sec" (In Japanese) and "Take that!" (In Japanese)

Just gonna put these in spoiler tags to save space, even the non-spoiler questions:

Spoiler: Non-spoiler questions
Yep, though it's only got Art/Voices/Music/Movies, no Profiles.

No Hidden Door, either.

Yep. There's no minigames like in Layton though.

Yep, they get sent to the librarian of Labyrinth City, Nazomi, and you can talk to her to solve them.

Nope, no cross-examination for Layton, unfortunately.

Yep, there's a good reason. He doesn't really question it until after he starts getting his memory back though.

Layton has a "HOLD IT!" shout, but instead of "TAKE THAT!" he yells "EUREKA!" like Edgeworth. (Well, he yells "KORE DA", which is translated as "EUREKA" in the AAI games. Don't know if they'll keep that when they translate it to English.)

Spoiler: Spoiler question 1
He's one of the founders of the town and in charge of the people behind the scenes working to create the illusion of magic. His stories come true through a combination of trickery and subliminal influence caused by chemicals in the ink.

Spoiler: Spoiler question 2
They all just get on a boat and leave the city to go back to London.

Reglare wrote:
When a court episode(s) DLC would come, what would the new plot be about?

Good question. The episodes so far have been sort of silly with little regard for the fourth wall, so I imagine something like that.

DeMatador wrote:
Has anyone who has beaten the game checked the credits to see who composed the music for this game?

I'm actually kicking myself because I totally missed that when I saw the credits the first time. But I'm replaying the final case, so I'll be sure to jot it down when I see it.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Derper

Thanks for the answer!
Guess it'll be some time before we get to see serious DLC episodes if there's any then.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

1000% Knight

DeMatador wrote:

Kitagawa Yasumasa was one of them. Didn't have enough time to see the other, sorry ^^"

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Bad Player wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

Kitagawa Yasumasa was one of them. Didn't have enough time to see the other, sorry ^^"

Woah, that's awesome, he's the guy who's doing the WE ARE ROCK-MEN series of MegaMan tribute albums with Masahiro Aoki.

So he's a Capcom composer... Maybe the other one is a Level-5 guy? Maybe Tomohito Nishiura himself?

Thanks for the info, BP ;D

EDIT: Just thought of this, does anyon have the promo CD lying around? That should have the composers' names, right? :D

Spoiler:

Legit?

1000% Knight

@DeMat: Checked. No luck :(

@Sligneris: Yep.

The King of All

Spoiler:
On the Ace Attorney Wiki, there was a list of the game chapters and the final one was called "The First Story". What does that mean?

The king of all, Sir Duke

元・超会社員級の管理人

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Spoiler:
On the Ace Attorney Wiki, there was a list of the game chapters and the final one was called "The First Story". What does that mean?

Spoiler: Simple answer
It's the name of a picture book Mahoney had growing up, and plays a key part in the final case.

Spoiler: Very spoilery answer
It's the name of a picture book Mahoney got from her father, the Story Teller. Mahoney was extremely traumatized by her role in a disaster ten years ago, in part because her father had jokingly warned her not to touch a certain lever or the witch Bezella would take her over. When the disaster happened, Mahoney thought she had caused it by throwing the lever and was so traumatized her personality basically retreated into a shell and she did nothing but call herself Bezella, and she refused to eat or do anything. To try and save his daughter, the Story Teller wrote a storybook - The "First Story" or "Story of Beginning" - about a brave little girl who helped the town stop one of Bezella's underlings. At the story's end, Bezella is still 'at large', but the girl and the townspeople won't lose to her. This started to take Mahoney out of her shell, and the Story Teller decided to reconstruct the town in a medieval theme and position himself as its king to make the stories seem real and thus prevent Mahoney from slipping back into her trauma.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

OBJECTION! That's a clear contradiction!

I have a few questions, not as many as last time thought:

This is more of a soundtrack question, why does Professor Layton have two themes for this game? I've seen all the Cutscenes and only one version of it was used in the Cutscenes. I only heard the other version (I think it's number two in the soundtrack list) in the TGS demo I watched on YouTube.

Spoiler:
Since Edgeworth evidently makes an appearance in the credits, can I be right to assume they are using the Ace Attorney style of credits by showing the characters that appeared throughout the game (that kinda contradicts Edgeworths appearance but still) or are they using the Layton styled credits by showing funny pictures that have to do with the game's story?

Spoiler:
Another spoiler question, I saw that the Storyteller's one eye mask thing is gone during the final cut scene, can you explain what happened to it or if there is some sort of meaning behind it?

Another soundtrack question, does Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2012 work well in the witch trials or is it even used in the witch trials (I'm assuming it is)?

And finally, does Professor Layton have all the courtroom animations Phoenix has (sweating, tapping evidence, etc.)? And if so could someone post a picture of a few of them? I know he has pointing, slamming his hand on the desk, and shaking his head.

A true gentleman always objects!

Spoiler:
What chapter does Layton prosecute and who does he prosecute? I would hate it if he betrayed Mahone. Speaking about betrayal, What does Luke talk about when he testify's in Maya's trial? I got spoiled.

1000% Knight

In order

@Skylar:
*shrug* They were pretty similar, iirc. They just used them at different moments when they felt like it.

Spoiler:
More Layton-ish.

Spoiler:
No meaning.

Spoiler:
I... don't remember if Objection! 2012 is used in witch trials lol. IIRC, it's used a bit, but not as the main objection theme. It worked fine, at any rate.

Spoiler:
He doesn't have one-to-one correspondence with Nick's sprites. I think his court sprites are mostly his regular investigation sprites.

@PL:
Spoiler:
Final chapter, against Mahone.

Spoiler: a bit more spoilery for the same question
As Bolt put it one time, it's more like 1-5 where the prosecution and defense are fighting together for the same goal, rather than Layton "betraying" Mahone.

Spoiler:
He testifies about what he saw, like any witness would xP Mostly about how he heard a scream, ran into the room, and saw Maya and Layton.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Whoops, BP beat me to it. I'll just clarify one answer.

Spoiler: Objection 2012
Yeah, it's used as the Objection! theme in the Witch Trials. I think it's also used outside of court on a few occasions.

Wooster wrote:

The King of All

Are there any AA investigation parts or do the witch trials just last a day?

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
The trials all last one day. There are Layton-esque investigations, but for the most part you're whisked right into court after the crime happens.

Spoiler:
From a different thread;
"During the main game, Maya says "Zvarri!" once, implying PLvAA takes place after 3-2. However, the first DLC episode takes place a year after PLvAA, and they say that Nick is still defending and whatnot, but Nick should be disbarred by then."

Tell us about this DLC episode, please. Is it a trial? Do we see Edgeworth again? Is it in the UK or back in American-Japan (or somewhere else entirely)

迷探偵

icer wrote:
Spoiler:
From a different thread;
"During the main game, Maya says "Zvarri!" once, implying PLvAA takes place after 3-2. However, the first DLC episode takes place a year after PLvAA, and they say that Nick is still defending and whatnot, but Nick should be disbarred by then."

Tell us about this DLC episode, please. Is it a trial? Do we see Edgeworth again? Is it in the UK or back in American-Japan (or somewhere else entirely)

Spoiler: First DLC scenario spoilers
It's just Nick & Maya (and another familiar face) revisiting the professor and Luke in London: it's very meta in the sense that they mention it's just a DLC scenario for fun and one shouldn't pay too much attention to it and so on.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Who are the witnesses for the final trial? how many chapters does バーサappear in? Does Gumshoe appear? sorry for double posting. It's hard to remember not to.

Last edited by professor layton on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

元・超会社員級の管理人

professor layton wrote:
Who are the witnesses for the final trial?

Spoiler: Final trial
In order: Mahoney, the ten-man patrol guarding the belltower (they have names, but they're mostly glossed over), Madalla, Jordolla, and the Story Teller. Kurone also hops up on the witness stand, but since she's a cat she doesn't actually testify - she's just there so Mahoney lets slip a few details.

professor layton wrote:
how many chapters does バーサappear in?

Four, I think.

professor layton wrote:
Does Gumshoe appear?

No.

Wooster wrote:

The King of All

(Not sure if this is a spoiler, so I'll put this in a spoiler just in case)
Spoiler:
What kind of character is Bartly? Was he a witness?

Ash wrote:
Spoiler:
It's just Nick & Maya (and another familiar face)

Spoiler:
Oh do tell who. :sparkly-maggey:

迷探偵

Deadpool 9 wrote:
(Not sure if this is a spoiler, so I'll put this in a spoiler just in case)
Spoiler:
What kind of character is Bartly? Was he a witness?

Spoiler:
He's the prosecutor in London.

icer wrote:
Ash wrote:
Spoiler:
It's just Nick & Maya (and another familiar face)

Spoiler:
Oh do tell who. :sparkly-maggey:

Spoiler:
Mahone

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Can you give a complete overview of all the DLC puzzles and episodes have been about? (Don't just say "It's just the cast doing silly things" please.) :will:

元・超会社員級の管理人

professor layton wrote:
Can you give a complete overview of all the DLC puzzles and episodes have been about? (Don't just say "It's just the cast doing silly things" please.) :will:

There's a new one out tomorrow, but thus far:

Spoiler: Episode 1
Phoenix, Maya, and Mahoney arrive at Layton's office a year after the game. The group discusses tea for a while, and there's a puzzle (for Mahoney) about mixing potions.

Spoiler: Episode 2
The group goes for a walk out in the London park from the beginning of the game, where the car is inexplicably still crashed, though Luke goes missing. Chelmey stops by and explains that since PLvsAA is so popular, they've elected to re-enact the crash from the start of the game to draw tourism. After a puzzle of decoding parrot phrases, Maya finds Luke cooped up in the car.

Spoiler: Episode 3
The group returns to Labyrinth City and are greeted by Jordolla and the Story Teller. Jordolla's a bit stage-shy, and the Story Teller has a rather mundane 'story' in his book from when he was in the hospital. Maya and Luke solve a sliding puzzle of putting a mural back together.

Spoiler: Episode 4
The group stops by Croix's bakery, where Jeeken is now working and Chuuken is hanging out with Kurone. Jeeken is still wearing his armor at Croix's request. Croix, mad at Mahoney for not letting her know the group was coming, has them solve a puzzle (about what I can't quite recall). After some prodding, they work out that Jeeken is working to make money to buy Jordolla a birthday present, much to his embarrassment.

So really, nothing too important. And there's not even a ghost of a fourth wall.

Wooster wrote:

How many refenences are there to AJ, Curious village, Miracle mask and AAI?

Spoiler:
You mentioned that the Story teller was in the hospital. Why was he in the hospital?

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Spoiler: Maybe spoiler, just in case.
What role does Jordalla play in the story?

1000% Knight

She's the head prosecutor for Labyrinth City.

(unless you wanted more detail (spoilers))

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

I see. So do you face off against her at one point?

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
yup

Ex Metu Veritas

I've been meaning to ask this for ages now
Spoiler:
who are the culprits in each case/trial chapter and what are their breakdowns? And if anyone knows where to find the breakdowns on youtube I'd appreciate it.

Shut up, Hitler

What happened with DLC in this game? I remember reading at release it would feature a director's cut or something, did that happen and was there anything else beyond that in the vein of GS5's Turnabout Return?

元・超会社員級の管理人

RA Kaiparahbat wrote:
Spoiler:
who are the culprits in each case/trial chapter and what are their breakdowns? And if anyone knows where to find the breakdowns on youtube I'd appreciate it.

Check the breakdown page on the AA Wiki. There's not really video clips anywhere of them, though.

Wolverfrog wrote:
What happened with DLC in this game? I remember reading at release it would feature a director's cut or something, did that happen and was there anything else beyond that in the vein of GS5's Turnabout Return?

I'm not sure where the Director's Cut thing came from (I think it might have been a mistranslation) - there was a number of brief, free episodes taking place after the main game with some extra puzzles, though. As far as I know there are no future DLC plans.

Wooster wrote:

Shut up, Hitler

Bolt Storm wrote:
RA Kaiparahbat wrote:
Spoiler:

Check the breakdown page on the AA Wiki. There's not really video clips anywhere of them, though.

Wolverfrog wrote:

I'm not sure where the Director's Cut thing came from (I think it might have been a mistranslation) - there was a number of brief, free episodes taking place after the main game with some extra puzzles, though. As far as I know there are no future DLC plans.

What are these episodes like? Court segments, or just dialogue? Nothing like an extra case then, or something similar?

元・超会社員級の管理人

The episodes are set up like events out of the Layton half of the game - pretty much all dialogue, some automatic movement between locations, and a puzzle thrown in.

Wooster wrote:
Page 4 of 9 [ 329 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)