Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 30 posts ]
 


Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

This has been on my mind but when does this game take place in the Ace Attorney universe? Does it take place before Apollo Justice since he has his attorney badge and he is with Maya. Or is it after Apollo Justice and shortly before the events of Dual Destinies as when the game starts he is in Europe, I am more so on the idea that it takes place after since he tells Apollo in Dual Destinies that he was in Europe where he met Athena. So I am just wondering where does this all fit?
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

sans.

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3170

The game pretty clearly takes place before AJ, going by Maya's age and Phoenix having his badge. If memory serves Maya says "Zvarri" at one point, so that puts it after 3-2. So it's either in one of the gaps between cases in T&T or between T&T and Phoenix's disbarment.
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

This is true that does make a bit more since,I don't think Phoenix would just up and take the bar again in Europe if it can even work that way.
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title

The King of All

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am

Posts: 566

The Professor Layton timeline goes as this:
Last Specter, Eternal Diva, Miracle Mask, Azran Legacy, Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Vs. Phoenix Wright, Unwound Future.

Vs Phoenix Wright has to be after Diabolical Box because Layton and Luke
Spoiler: Diabolical Box Spoiler
meet the real Inspector Chelmey in the beginning of Diabolical Box
and the fact that Luke is wearing his clothes from the original trilogy.

If this game was canon, it would take place in the years 2018-2019 because of Maya saying "Zvarri!", but since there isn't a firm date of when Vs Phoenix Wright takes place, a date can't be placed except that the game takes place before February 2019, the date of Bridge to Turnabout.

And there you go, a timeline explanation for Vs Phoenix Wright, I hope I helped! :phoenix:
The king of all, Sir Duke
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

Deadpool 9 wrote:
The Professor Layton timeline goes as this:
Last Specter, Eternal Diva, Miracle Mask, Azran Legacy, Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Vs. Phoenix Wright, Unwound Future.

Vs Phoenix Wright has to be after Diabolical Box because Layton and Luke
Spoiler: Diabolical Box Spoiler
meet the real Inspector Chelmey in the beginning of Diabolical Box
and the fact that Luke is wearing his clothes from the original trilogy.

If this game was canon, it would take place in the years 2018-2019 because of Maya saying "Zvarri!", but since there isn't a firm date of when Vs Phoenix Wright takes place, a date can't be placed except that the game takes place before February 2019, the date of Bridge to Turnabout.

And there you go, a timeline explanation for Vs Phoenix Wright, I hope I helped! :phoenix:


This is generally what I've found but I disagree with your point about it taking place BEFORE Bridge to the Turnabout. It seems like it would take place after Bridge to the Turnabout, possibly in the last month before Phoenix loses his badge. We know that Maya doesn't become Master of Kurain for at least another year (according to the date from JFA) but she's not present at Phoenix's last trial. I don't know if DD does anything to explain this.

Anyway, it's possible that it takes place before, but it seems more likely its after considering they don't mention anything about it in 3-5. Although personally, I'm leaning towards viewing it as non-canon
Spoiler:
based on the fact it apparently doesn't "explain" or give a "logical", "real world" explanation for the magic book teleporting them places, like "it was just a dream" or "there's some strange X-Files stuff going on". Apparently they really did go through a magic book, so either it's canon and Phoenix just kept on living his normal life after this without even telling anyone about it or it's non canon. Or it is canon, and it will be revealed that magic teleporting books do exist when Capcom and Cyan announce Phoenix Wright Vs. Myst in 2017.

"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title

The King of All

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am

Posts: 566

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Deadpool 9 wrote:
The Professor Layton timeline goes as this:
Last Specter, Eternal Diva, Miracle Mask, Azran Legacy, Curious Village, Diabolical Box, Vs. Phoenix Wright, Unwound Future.

Vs Phoenix Wright has to be after Diabolical Box because Layton and Luke
Spoiler: Diabolical Box Spoiler
meet the real Inspector Chelmey in the beginning of Diabolical Box
and the fact that Luke is wearing his clothes from the original trilogy.

If this game was canon, it would take place in the years 2018-2019 because of Maya saying "Zvarri!", but since there isn't a firm date of when Vs Phoenix Wright takes place, a date can't be placed except that the game takes place before February 2019, the date of Bridge to Turnabout.

And there you go, a timeline explanation for Vs Phoenix Wright, I hope I helped! :phoenix:


This is generally what I've found but I disagree with your point about it taking place BEFORE Bridge to the Turnabout. It seems like it would take place after Bridge to the Turnabout, possibly in the last month before Phoenix loses his badge. We know that Maya doesn't become Master of Kurain for at least another year (according to the date from JFA) but she's not present at Phoenix's last trial. I don't know if DD does anything to explain this.

Anyway, it's possible that it takes place before, but it seems more likely its after considering they don't mention anything about it in 3-5. Although personally, I'm leaning towards viewing it as non-canon
Spoiler:
based on the fact it apparently doesn't "explain" or give a "logical", "real world" explanation for the magic book teleporting them places, like "it was just a dream" or "there's some strange X-Files stuff going on". Apparently they really did go through a magic book, so either it's canon and Phoenix just kept on living his normal life after this without even telling anyone about it or it's non canon. Or it is canon, and it will be revealed that magic teleporting books do exist when Capcom and Cyan announce Phoenix Wright Vs. Myst in 2017.

Spoiler: Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright
Actually, you're right, it has to be after 3-5 because up until 3-5, Edgeworth was abroad, and he shows up in PLVSAA, so the game needs to take place after 3-5 but before Phoenix's last case which is a few months later

The king of all, Sir Duke
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

What did he do this time...?

Gender: Male

Location: On trial

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:05 am

Posts: 257

I hate to keep saying this, but the demo of PL vs AA had Maya say that they haven't seen each other since Trials and Tribulations. (thus shattering the 4th wall, but it's a demo.)
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title

The King of All

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am

Posts: 566

Danchat wrote:
I hate to keep saying this, but the demo of PL vs AA had Maya say that they haven't seen each other since Trials and Tribulations. (thus shattering the 4th wall, but it's a demo.)

I don't think that was in the full game and besides, the Dual Destinies demo broke the 4th wall too, and that wasn't in the full game either
The king of all, Sir Duke
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

Well I am starting to think this game may not be canon in the Ace Attorney universe...if it is then Wright has some explaining to do.
Spoiler:
This game obviously takes place after Trials and Tribulations due to Maya saying Zivari! and the special episode reference to Godot and how he never has more than 17 cups of coffee in a trial. In the first special episode Nick said an entire year had passed since the events of the game, and he was still donning his attorney's badge. That makes it the year 2020. At this point Wright has since been disbarred but acts if though he is still a lawyer. Now this brings me to one of three conclusions. This game is just not canon at all and the special episodes are just silly things that utterly destroy the 4th wall and should have no baring on the canon. The second conclusion I can come to is maybe Wright is still able to practice law in some circles and still has ties to the Legal League of Attorneys and he is able to practice law abroad. The third one is that this game takes place sometime during the events of Dual Destinies or sometime after,however that is the least likely out of all of them because Maya still refers to herself as a Spirit Medium in training and it would contradict the Layton time line...so all in all my head hurts.
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

sans.

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3170

You can probably wrangle the main game as being canon, but the special episodes are sooooo not. There's not even a ghost of a fourth wall there.
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Posts: 250

Bolt Storm wrote:
You can probably wrangle the main game as being canon, but the special episodes are sooooo not. There's not even a ghost of a fourth wall there.

Haha yeah it is interesting to think about though on what if the special episodes are canon.
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gardevoir lover

Gender: Male

Location: Puerto rico

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am

Posts: 2022

The special episodes aren't canon so you can't really include that.
Phoenix did say he went to Europe a lot in DD, when i read that this is the first thing that came to mind.
I like to think that in those visits he takes a bit of time to visit Layton.

I think it may take place in between the second and third cases of AA3. Which would kind of explain something that bugged me from AA3, you'd think Phoenix would have known about the impersonator sooner than when he got the info from Gumshoe, so maybe he was in London in that time?
Image

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Loyal subject of His High Leafiness

Gender: Male

Location: Bonnie Scotland

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:56 pm

Posts: 6

If the game is canon, then it definitely takes place after "Bridge to the Turnabout" because:

Spoiler: Chapter 6 spoiler (less spoilery edition)
There's a comment on some statues in the game looking like the Ami Fey statue in Hazakura Temple.


Spoiler: Chapter 6 spoiler (more spoilery edition)
Maya will say: "Hey! Check out all those statues! These sorta remind me of the statue of Ami Fey in the Hazakura Temple" if you examine the statues in the small room in the ruins.


Spoiler: Overall plot spoiler
The ending of the game where it is revealed that magic isn't real certainly makes it not incomparable with the Ace Attorney universe. The fact that it's never mentioned again in-game can be hand-waved by saying that either nobody ever asked, or that they were told off-screen.


It would therefore have to fit somewhere in the period between ''Bridge to the Turnabout'' (February 10, 2019) and Zak Gramarye's trial (April 19), but also taking into account Maya and Wright's cameo appearances in the Edgeworth games (i.e., March 13 and April 6). So basically either mid-to-late February or mid-to-late March of 2019.
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gardevoir lover

Gender: Male

Location: Puerto rico

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am

Posts: 2022

I just realized this means that the first Layton trilogy takes place in 2018 with this game into account.
Image

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Loyal subject of His High Leafiness

Gender: Male

Location: Bonnie Scotland

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:56 pm

Posts: 6

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I just realized this means that the first Layton trilogy takes place in 2018 with this game into account.


The idea that the entire AA timeline is based on one mentioned date for the DL-6 Incident is odd enough, but to have another video game series base their timeline off that date too? :meekins:

"Not content with just one video game series, the date of the DL-6 Incident turned its sights on the Layton series as well. Will no franchise be safe?"
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

I've vanished, like a ghooooost...

Gender: Female

Location: Unfortunately, in school...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 am

Posts: 583

Spoiler:
The fact that Maya says 'Zvarri' may or may not be a reference to Luke Atmey. Zvarri is a real word, you know, not just a catchphrase...
But I do see your point. Like I said, it MAY OR MAY NOT BE a reference.


ALL OF Y'ALL IGNORE THIS POST PLZ
I AM IN SCHOOL, SO IF I END UP NEVER POSTING HERE AGAIN THAT'S WHY :larry:
For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:


Last edited by TheBlackquillz on Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

Uh... It isn't a real word?
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

I've vanished, like a ghooooost...

Gender: Female

Location: Unfortunately, in school...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 am

Posts: 583

I TAKE IT BACK. I read an article once explaining how Zvarri is a real word, but then the original author of the article put up another article saying that he was a troll, and then he took down both articles.

Ugh. Sorry. Zvarri isn't a word, so just ignore that other post.

:shoe:
I AM IN SCHOOL, SO IF I END UP NEVER POSTING HERE AGAIN THAT'S WHY :larry:
For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Say what? What sort of site even publishes such articles...?
Image
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title

Calm, pacified attorney

Gender: Male

Location: Dinamarca!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1584

It belongs after T&T and before AJAA. Maya says "Zvarri" a lot and Nick is so famous he gets to represent something something "Legal League of Attorneys" on tour or something.

As for Layton and Luke I say it's after Lost Future when Luke returns to Layton, which he does in my headcanon.
Takumi vs Yamazaki andMissile.
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

An Enigma Among Humans

Gender: Male

Location: I'm at soup!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Posts: 1068

linkenski wrote:
It belongs after T&T and before AJAA. Maya says "Zvarri" a lot and Nick is so famous he gets to represent something something "Legal League of Attorneys" on tour or something.

As for Layton and Luke I say it's after Lost Future when Luke returns to Layton, which he does in my headcanon.

In YOUR headcanon. I agree with that first one, but I think it takes place between Diabolical Box and Unwound Future.
Image
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Posts: 162

Possibly sometime during one of the Investigations games.
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

I've vanished, like a ghooooost...

Gender: Female

Location: Unfortunately, in school...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 am

Posts: 583

I think I've figured it out, everybody.
Spoiler: Here we go
As of timeline in Ace Attorney universe, it's obvious that it belongs between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice due to the fact that Maya says Zvarri and references Godot in a special episode, and he still has his badge.

As of timeline in Professor Layton universe, this is still shady but is slightly obvious that it happens between the end of Curious Village and the beginning of Unwound(Lost) Future. Luke has his blue sweater on, which means it happens after Azran Legacy. And, having played the Azran Legacy, it seems to be that there isn't much time between the end of Azran Legacy and begining of Curious Village. And since Luke leaves right after Unwound Future, so that's out of the question. To me, personally, I think it happened between Diabolical Box and Unwound Future.

Smithee wrote:
Possibly sometime during one of the Investigations games.

That'd have to be Ace Attorney Investigations 2, considering Phoenix makes two cameos in the first one. This, of course, would also mean that AAI2 takes place between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice.
I AM IN SCHOOL, SO IF I END UP NEVER POSTING HERE AGAIN THAT'S WHY :larry:
For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

TheBlackquillz wrote:
I think I've figured it out, everybody.
Spoiler: Here we go
As of timeline in Ace Attorney universe, it's obvious that it belongs between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice due to the fact that Maya says Zvarri and references Godot in a special episode, and he still has his badge.

As of timeline in Professor Layton universe, this is still shady but is slightly obvious that it happens between the end of Curious Village and the beginning of Unwound(Lost) Future. Luke has his blue sweater on, which means it happens after Azran Legacy. And, having played the Azran Legacy, it seems to be that there isn't much time between the end of Azran Legacy and begining of Curious Village. And since Luke leaves right after Unwound Future, so that's out of the question. To me, personally, I think it happened between Diabolical Box and Unwound Future.

Hold on..
Spoiler: Not so fast
If I recall correctly, Layton and Luke only met the real Chelmey in Diabolical Box and onwards, which means it has to be after Diabolical Box.

Image
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

I've vanished, like a ghooooost...

Gender: Female

Location: Unfortunately, in school...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 am

Posts: 583

Nurio wrote:
Hold on..
Spoiler: Not so fast
If I recall correctly, Layton and Luke only met the real Chelmey in Diabolical Box and onwards, which means it has to be after Diabolical Box.

Well then, there you go. It happened between T&T - AJ for Ace Attorney and it happened between Diabolical Box and Unwound Future for Prof. Layton, everyone.
(PS. Someone needs to make a Professor Layton smiley right now)
I AM IN SCHOOL, SO IF I END UP NEVER POSTING HERE AGAIN THAT'S WHY :larry:
For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

pumpkin pie

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 759

Spoiler:
Phoenix and Maya apparently spent five years in Labyrinthia. How is this explained? Does time pass slower there?

"Apollo, you have, like, three different backstories. Who even are you?!"
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

I've vanished, like a ghooooost...

Gender: Female

Location: Unfortunately, in school...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 am

Posts: 583

MBr wrote:
Spoiler:
Phoenix and Maya apparently spent five years in Labyrinthia. How is this explained? Does time pass slower there?

Naw. They were just on drugs.

But as a real answer:
Spoiler:
They were brainwashed by Darklaw when she was forced to bring them to Labyrinthia, hence everyone thought they had been around for five years. They had just actually been there for a day or two. During the trial, Phoenix regains his memories exactly how he does in Case 1 in Justice for All. And how Maya regains her memories and stuff? Never got explained...

I AM IN SCHOOL, SO IF I END UP NEVER POSTING HERE AGAIN THAT'S WHY :larry:
For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

¡Protesto!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Posts: 17

Hold it! In AAI we see Phoenix, Maya and Pearl, but in AAI2 we can see only Phoenix and Maya. The game is between AAI and AAI2 or AJ.
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Feroz El Mejor wrote:
Hold it! In AAI we see Phoenix, Maya and Pearl, but in AAI2 we can see only Phoenix and Maya. The game is between AAI and AAI2 or AJ.

While it's a nice theory, it is far from concrete proof. I mean, Pearl could easily just have been back at the office while she forced Maya and Phoenix to go on a stroll or something.
Image
Re: Where in the timeline does this belong?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Location: ???

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 2940

Actually,Maya references Hazakura temple late game,so it takes place after 3-5. In the Layton universe though,I'm not sure.
Spoiler: Layton trilogy original
it takes place before the third game as Luke is still there,and it takes place after the second game since we see the real Inspector Chelmey at the start. But where's Flora? And why do they say something about going on another quest at the end? They can't be referring to the third game,since they had no idea what was going to transpire. Maybe Clive's note? I dunno. Still pretty tricky to pinpoint.

Hi,I'm Southern Corn,but you can call me SC. My friends are great,and my enemies irate.

Story CrafterSC's Case Rankings™SC's LinksMysterious QR CodeCountdown to the Apocalypse

What is a quadrilateral with one 90° angle called? PM me the answer. Those who succeed get a free cookie! :cookie:
Page 1 of 1 [ 30 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO