Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]
 


America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

"Eggs?"

Gender: Female

Location: Lurking through the forum...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 am

Posts: 586

Not to be the one to point out the obvious, but the version of this game that was just released in America... is the exact same thing as the one released in England. So why the huge time gap?!

I am prepared to present evidence to prove my case. First, the VA for Luke. That's the Brit Luke, not the 'Murican Luke I know and love. Don't get me wrong, the Brit Luke is an okay VA, but I'm so used to my Luke that it just... bothered me. Second, the text. I noticed it right away whenever someone "realiSed" something, and they didn't "realiZe" it. And who could miss the "defenCe" and "defenSe" difference? And the trademark "Your Honour" and "Your Honor". Finally, my final, decisive piece of evidence, Your Honour (not Honor) is this: nothing changed. There's almost ALWAYS a difference between certain sentences (In Prof. Layton) that change in the American and British versions, but I have yet to see one. And I'm really far into the game.

Point proven? No purpose for the delay between the American and British release dates.
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Call me James/Professor/whatever

Gender: Male

Location: At Fishman Island

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Posts: 589

TheBlackquillz wrote:
Not to be the one to point out the obvious, but the version of this game that was just released in America... is the exact same thing as the one released in England. So why the huge time gap?!

I am prepared to present evidence to prove my case. First, the VA for Luke. That's the Brit Luke, not the 'Murican Luke I know and love. Don't get me wrong, the Brit Luke is an okay VA, but I'm so used to my Luke that it just... bothered me. Second, the text. I noticed it right away whenever someone "realiSed" something, and they didn't "realiZe" it. And who could miss the "defenCe" and "defenSe" difference? And the trademark "Your Honour" and "Your Honor". Finally, my final, decisive piece of evidence, Your Honour (not Honor) is this: nothing changed. There's almost ALWAYS a difference between certain sentences (In Prof. Layton) that change in the American and British versions, but I have yet to see one. And I'm really far into the game.

Point proven? No purpose for the delay between the American and British release dates.


I think this has already been discussed. Something along the lines of them not wanting two Layton games released in such a short time period, I think was it.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

"Eggs?"

Gender: Female

Location: Lurking through the forum...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 am

Posts: 586

Eh... I guess I didn't say that clearly... I knew that they used the gap for the two games not being released so close together, but my point was that if they were so intent on waiting forever, why didn't they fix up the text and make some of the lag spots better during that time?

Sorry if there was a confusion... :larry:
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 924

I just don't understand why they couldn't at least get Lani Minella to voice Luke in the US version for consistency's sake. If they changed nothing else, they could have at least done that.
Image
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2792

TheDoctor wrote:
I just don't understand why they couldn't at least get Lani Minella to voice Luke in the US version for consistency's sake. If they changed nothing else, they could have at least done that.


..........I actually prefer the UK Luke, even if he sounds barely old enough to be out of diapers. I'm not sure why it was ever necessary to get a new VA for the US version.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

Phoenix and Maya still use American spellings, right?
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Sierra Mikain wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
I just don't understand why they couldn't at least get Lani Minella to voice Luke in the US version for consistency's sake. If they changed nothing else, they could have at least done that.


..........I actually prefer the UK Luke, even if he sounds barely old enough to be out of diapers. I'm not sure why it was ever necessary to get a new VA for the US version.

It's the other way around. They first had the US VA, but the UK people complained that this Luke doesn't have a convincing enough English accent, and thus Level 5 searched for a new VA... The UK VA.
Image
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Explorer

Gender: None specified

Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am

Posts: 737

Nearavex wrote:
Phoenix and Maya still use American spellings, right?

Nope. I'll admit, when I first noticed Layton using the British spelling, I thought it would've been cool for them to split it up like that.
But then I saw 'defence' in Phoenix's text box and all my hopes were crushed.
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2792

Nurio wrote:
Sierra Mikain wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
I just don't understand why they couldn't at least get Lani Minella to voice Luke in the US version for consistency's sake. If they changed nothing else, they could have at least done that.


..........I actually prefer the UK Luke, even if he sounds barely old enough to be out of diapers. I'm not sure why it was ever necessary to get a new VA for the US version.

It's the other way around. They first had the US VA, but the UK people complained that this Luke doesn't have a convincing enough English accent, and thus Level 5 searched for a new VA... The UK VA.


Well now, I never knew that.

Good decision, though. The accent with the old Luke was all over the place at times.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

I think Luke (The UK one, I've hardly heard the US version) sounds a bit like a British version of Bart Simpson... and I don't even mean that in a bad way.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Apollon Flame

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Posts: 1638

Meh, I like UK Luke better than the other one. The other one sounds like a screeching child. =/

But since this isn't a Luke VA topic: I wasn't bothered much by the fact that the script utilized A LOT of British slang, on the contrary, I thought it gave the game this sort of unique aura, especially for Labyrinthia.
A King

in name


alone...
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

We should totally have a Luke VA topic though xD
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Eater of minds

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Posts: 30

I didn't really realize that it was practically a UK localization version until after I checked the threads here :sadshoe:

The whole time, I was led to believe that defense was meant to be spelled defence and that I was wrong all along =A="
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wassup, witchy baby!

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7730

"Defence" confused me as well. I'd never seen it spelled like that before from what I can remember.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO