Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title

"Eggs?"

Not to be the one to point out the obvious, but the version of this game that was just released in America... is the exact same thing as the one released in England. So why the huge time gap?!

I am prepared to present evidence to prove my case. First, the VA for Luke. That's the Brit Luke, not the 'Murican Luke I know and love. Don't get me wrong, the Brit Luke is an okay VA, but I'm so used to my Luke that it just... bothered me. Second, the text. I noticed it right away whenever someone "realiSed" something, and they didn't "realiZe" it. And who could miss the "defenCe" and "defenSe" difference? And the trademark "Your Honour" and "Your Honor". Finally, my final, decisive piece of evidence, Your Honour (not Honor) is this: nothing changed. There's almost ALWAYS a difference between certain sentences (In Prof. Layton) that change in the American and British versions, but I have yet to see one. And I'm really far into the game.

Point proven? No purpose for the delay between the American and British release dates.
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!
Re: America and British the same? (Spoilers, maybe?)Topic%20Title

Call me James

TheBlackquillz wrote:
Not to be the one to point out the obvious, but the version of this game that was just released in America... is the exact same thing as the one released in England. So why the huge time gap?!

I am prepared to present evidence to prove my case. First, the VA for Luke. That's the Brit Luke, not the 'Murican Luke I know and love. Don't get me wrong, the Brit Luke is an okay VA, but I'm so used to my Luke that it just... bothered me. Second, the text. I noticed it right away whenever someone "realiSed" something, and they didn't "realiZe" it. And who could miss the "defenCe" and "defenSe" difference? And the trademark "Your Honour" and "Your Honor". Finally, my final, decisive piece of evidence, Your Honour (not Honor) is this: nothing changed. There's almost ALWAYS a difference between certain sentences (In Prof. Layton) that change in the American and British versions, but I have yet to see one. And I'm really far into the game.

Point proven? No purpose for the delay between the American and British release dates.

I think this has already been discussed. Something along the lines of them not wanting two Layton games released in such a short time period, I think was it.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

"Eggs?"

Eh... I guess I didn't say that clearly... I knew that they used the gap for the two games not being released so close together, but my point was that if they were so intent on waiting forever, why didn't they fix up the text and make some of the lag spots better during that time?

Sorry if there was a confusion... :larry:
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I just don't understand why they couldn't at least get Lani Minella to voice Luke in the US version for consistency's sake. If they changed nothing else, they could have at least done that.

The cape is self-fluttering

TheDoctor wrote:
I just don't understand why they couldn't at least get Lani Minella to voice Luke in the US version for consistency's sake. If they changed nothing else, they could have at least done that.

..........I actually prefer the UK Luke, even if he sounds barely old enough to be out of diapers. I'm not sure why it was ever necessary to get a new VA for the US version.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Y'know

Phoenix and Maya still use American spellings, right?

A Kirby and AA fan

Sierra Mikain wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

..........I actually prefer the UK Luke, even if he sounds barely old enough to be out of diapers. I'm not sure why it was ever necessary to get a new VA for the US version.

It's the other way around. They first had the US VA, but the UK people complained that this Luke doesn't have a convincing enough English accent, and thus Level 5 searched for a new VA... The UK VA.

Ace Explorer

Nearavex wrote:
Phoenix and Maya still use American spellings, right?

Nope. I'll admit, when I first noticed Layton using the British spelling, I thought it would've been cool for them to split it up like that.
But then I saw 'defence' in Phoenix's text box and all my hopes were crushed.
Well? Are we going or what?

The cape is self-fluttering

Nurio wrote:
Sierra Mikain wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

It's the other way around. They first had the US VA, but the UK people complained that this Luke doesn't have a convincing enough English accent, and thus Level 5 searched for a new VA... The UK VA.

Well now, I never knew that.

Good decision, though. The accent with the old Luke was all over the place at times.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The video game boy; the one who wins

I think Luke (The UK one, I've hardly heard the US version) sounds a bit like a British version of Bart Simpson... and I don't even mean that in a bad way.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Apollon Flame

Meh, I like UK Luke better than the other one. The other one sounds like a screeching child. =/

But since this isn't a Luke VA topic: I wasn't bothered much by the fact that the script utilized A LOT of British slang, on the contrary, I thought it gave the game this sort of unique aura, especially for Labyrinthia.
A King

in name

alone...

We should totally have a Luke VA topic though xD

Eater of minds

I didn't really realize that it was practically a UK localization version until after I checked the threads here :sadshoe:

The whole time, I was led to believe that defense was meant to be spelled defence and that I was wrong all along =A="

"Defence" confused me as well. I'd never seen it spelled like that before from what I can remember.
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)