Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Page 4 of 5[ 193 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 


Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

Spoiler:
That's Shimon Aizawa. He's an actor for the movie set where set the body was found. And no, no connection to Red Hoodie.

Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6431

if only it finally came out here :larry:
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Godot's the Man

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Posts: 88

So I spoiled myself for this game shortly after it came out, and have been further reading plot details recently, though one thing in Case 3 confuses me.
Spoiler: Major Case 3 Spoilers
So I know Tsukasa Oyashiki found Hyōdō's body originally but then she came back and it was gone, how did that happen. Who moved it. Then from what I can understand, she takes the sculptures down to the freezer, while taking the body with her. (Also does she know shes moving the body or is it by accident?) If so, how come in the flashback of GK2-3 they have pictures of the body and all. They discuss the body like they have it, they even say they found it in one of Tenkai's deserts but I thought Oyashiki moved it with the ice sculptures, therefore no one should have seen it and it defiantly shouldn't be in a desert(I know about the forged autopsy, but still.) Then in the present, she dumps the body into the the water, and it thaws. Just a little confused as to where Hyōdō's body is, and the circumstances surrounding the case in general


If any one could please clear this up for me that would be great.
Image
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

Spoiler: Case 3 spoilers
I'll just go through what happens in order... assuming I remember correctly, of course ^^"
The killer kills Hyoudou, and puts his corpse in Tenkai's dessert.
Oyashiki finds the corpse, and takes a photo of it. Everything they talk about the corpse in the flashback is the info from this picture.
The killer moves Hyoudou's corpse, by wrapping it in a blue cloth and replacing it with one of the people in Hyoudou's ice sculptures
Oyashiki and Tenkai were big fans of Hyoudou as a sculptor, so she took photos of his sculptures, moved them to the freezers, and then made it look like they had melted.
At some point in the next 18 years, Oyashiki noticies/realizes that Hyoudou's corpse is in the ice sculpture. She sets up a trap for Hyoudou's killer, leading to the present events in the case.
Also, IIRC, she doesn't dump Hyoudou's body in the fountain directly; she dumped it in the river in one of the side rooms, and from there is flowed into main fountain.

Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Godot's the Man

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Posts: 88

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler: Case 3 spoilers
I'll just go through what happens in order... assuming I remember correctly, of course ^^"
The killer kills Hyoudou, and puts his corpse in Tenkai's dessert.
Oyashiki finds the corpse, and takes a photo of it. Everything they talk about the corpse in the flashback is the info from this picture.
The killer moves Hyoudou's corpse, by wrapping it in a blue cloth and replacing it with one of the people in Hyoudou's ice sculptures
Oyashiki and Tenkai were big fans of Hyoudou as a sculptor, so she took photos of his sculptures, moved them to the freezers, and then made it look like they had melted.
At some point in the next 18 years, Oyashiki noticies/realizes that Hyoudou's corpse is in the ice sculpture. She sets up a trap for Hyoudou's killer, leading to the present events in the case.
Also, IIRC, she doesn't dump Hyoudou's body in the fountain directly; she dumped it in the river in one of the side rooms, and from there is flowed into main fountain.


Ohhhh, thanks I get it now.
Thanks!
Image
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7318

Case 5
Spoiler:
On the Ace Attorney-wikia, it says about Mari Miwa that "It is hinted while she was an orphanage caretaker that she openly engaged in pedophilia." How is that hinted?

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

GoingforMiles wrote:
Case 5
Spoiler:
On the Ace Attorney-wikia, it says about Mari Miwa that "It is hinted while she was an orphanage caretaker that she openly engaged in pedophilia." How is that hinted?

I... don't remember that at all o.O
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7318

No, I'd even read it beforehand, and I couldn't see it :udgy:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

Gender: Male

Location: Spain

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:47 am

Posts: 68

I haven't played the game, but I don't think an Ace Attorney game would ever talk about pedophilia. I'm pretty sure it was a prank, or maybe a misinterpretation of the Japanese text.
I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7318

Well, in the fan translation I watched, the judge said
Spoiler:
there's a special place in hell for child molesters and people who spoil movies
, but it didn't in any way connect with that.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7318

In the logic chess against Yumihiko
Spoiler:
there is one point when Yumihiko says that maybe he isn't suited to be a prosecutor after all, to which one of the options is "I'm suited to be a prosecutor!" And later, Yumihiko says that his father told him something about fine feathers make a fine bird "but this is not a down jacket!" and one of the options are "It would look better on me." Does anyone know the dialogue if you pick those answers?

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Posts: 1166

It's always a regular failed pick dialogue, from what I know.
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7318

:sadshoe: Okay, thanks.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

GoingforMiles wrote:
:sadshoe: Okay, thanks.

Spoiler:
Can't verify this (saw it on a youtube comment), but apparently if you say, "You're a failure as human being!" you get a 100% penalty from him and lose Logic Chess
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7318

Hahaha, that's what he deserves if he says that in that situation...
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing how the logic chess failure dialogues are always just the same generic failure dialogue. They had the potential for some really great conversations.
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

Spoiler: GK2-3
I didn't get to that part yet myself, but coincidentally, why was Tenkai imprisoned for being an accomplice to murder for full 18 years? I mean, for all I know, the punishments for being an accomplice to a murder aren't that harsh (examples: Adrian, Sal)

Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

Nearavex wrote:
Spoiler: GK2-3
I didn't get to that part yet myself, but coincidentally, why was Tenkai imprisoned for being an accomplice to murder for full 18 years? I mean, for all I know, the punishments for being an accomplice to a murder aren't that harsh (examples: Adrian, Sal)

Spoiler:
Sal was an accessory to murder, which is completely different. An accessory is somebody who helps out with the crime after the fact, so Sal, Lana, Iris, and Armstrong could be tried as accessories. Someone like Morgan Fey or Shih-na would be an accomplice
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title

Caring for misc things

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:17 pm

Posts: 5

I finished AAI2 and I'm confused

Spoiler: Heavy Spoilers about AAI2-Case 5
Why did Simon Keyes kidnap John Marsh? There was no reason for it other than benefiting Blaise Debeste and Patricia Roland (Which, as I recall Simon hated with all his soul).
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

Spoiler: Answer
If Blaise kidnapped John, Patricia would get acquitted. Simon kidnapped John so Blaise couldn't. When he called Edgeworth and realized his mistake, he was already on his way back to the courthouse with Regina and couldn't return to the refrigerated warehouse
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

JesusMonroe wrote:
Nearavex wrote:
Spoiler: GK2-3
I didn't get to that part yet myself, but coincidentally, why was Tenkai imprisoned for being an accomplice to murder for full 18 years? I mean, for all I know, the punishments for being an accomplice to a murder aren't that harsh (examples: Adrian, Sal)

Spoiler:
Sal was an accessory to murder, which is completely different. An accessory is somebody who helps out with the crime after the fact, so Sal, Lana, Iris, and Armstrong could be tried as accessories. Someone like Morgan Fey or Shih-na would be an accomplice

Spoiler:
lel, I wrote Adrian as an example? I must have had to strong idea of her being in Detention Center and too weak memory of the actual case.



Last edited by Nearavex on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

I didn't mention Adrian because it's kind of a bad example. She'd be arrested for tampering and desecration if I had to guess. In real life, she'd be in jail a lot longer than she was in AA
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 924

Maybe she got time off for good behavior?
Image
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

JesusMonroe wrote:
I didn't mention Adrian because it's kind of a bad example. She'd be arrested for tampering and desecration if I had to guess. In real life, she'd be in jail a lot longer than she was in AA

No, no. I was talking about my mistake, not the fact that you didn't address it.

Also, AA law seems to not care that much aboit tampering with a crime scene or lying on the stand. I guess the prisons are too filled up with more important criminals.

Aside form GK2-2 prison. They can even afford for the single-person cells.

Another question: Does Bansai call Edgeworth "Mitsurugi-kun"? =3
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6068

He calls everyone with kun, so yes.
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

Hahah, for some reason, something is funny to me about this.
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

Bit random but on case 2 and becuase of a screensho and title of music I know who the mastermind behind it all is , Is it still worth playing AAI-2 :(:(
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

Yes
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

Behind the case or behind the game?

Also, how does one spoil themselves with screenshot and music titles....? Huh...?


Last edited by Nearavex on Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7318

Screenshot? + the title "Mastermind" something something
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 924

Definitely worth playing still. I accidentally spoiled myself around the time DD came out, but I still loved the game, even if I wasn't as surprised as I could have been. Seriously, the final case is so intense, you'll have plenty left to be surprised about.
Image
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

Well the becuase I saw a youtube vid and it showed a certain character and then someone put a comment of the music which judging by it , its safe to assume it is the final case and the person behind it all. But now I just wanna know why and how they pulled it all off lol
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

Well the becuase I saw a youtube vid and it showed a certain character and then someone put a comment of the music which judging by it , its safe to assume it is the final case and the person behind it all. But now I just wanna know why and how they pulled it all off lol
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

the fire mage

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:51 am

Posts: 123

i had the final villain of case 5 of the first game, trails and tribulations and both investigations games spoiled before getting to them. they did not ruin it for me as i am more interested in the why then the who when it comes to this sort of thing.
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1631

I think Whodunit is extremely important for the mystery and for example I wouldn't have liked a case like 1-4 nearly as much if I knew who the culprit was beforehand. I think it's kind of similar to the taxonomy levels of "expository, analytical and perspective writing" that whodunit, is basic, howdunit is more complex and whydunit is the... well, deepest. It's like whydunit is the meaningful and most important thing to get right when it comes to the narrative whereas the other two elements are the most meaningful in creating a good mystery.

I did have the culprit of AAI2 spoiled beforehand as well, and it didn't bother me because when the whole plot was so intertwined and complex I was way more curious in knowing why he did it.

But yeah I guess that's my point. The who and how are the biggest contributors to the mystery whereas the why is the real meat of the story if I'm not completely off the mark.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

I agree. The "why" especially allows great characterization for the villains, which is why I think the villains in GK2 are so amazing but so weak in GK and DD
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Kevin Wright: Ace Attorney

Gender: Male

Location: Wright and Co. Law Offices

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Posts: 44

I think Shigaraki should get his own game.
Kevin Ace Attorney Image Image
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

I am on case 4 and I got to the end pretty fast and it seems about as long as case 1 , I just want to know is case 5 long as case 3 ? becuase case 4 felt wayyyy too short compared to case 2 and 3 .
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

Kevin Ace Attorney wrote:
I think Shigaraki should get his own game.

I think he shouldn't - he really doesn't fit the protagonist role.
Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

davech1987 wrote:
I am on case 4 and I got to the end pretty fast and it seems about as long as case 1 , I just want to know is case 5 long as case 3 ? becuase case 4 felt wayyyy too short compared to case 2 and 3 .

It's like two hours longer than Case 2 I think, but shorter than Case 3
Page 4 of 5 [ 193 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO