Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Page 2 of 2[ 63 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title

The video game boy; the one who wins

Listening to the Opening and Investigation themes makes me all nostalgic now. And I haven't even played the game myself. Nor do I remember how long ago it was I watched it... Anyway, I think they're really nice and fit the atmosphere of the game.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

linkenski wrote:
I dunno. I think JFA's OST is a mixed bag but it does introduce some really memorable themes, some of which they even decided to stick with for T&T and future titles, like the Logic & Tricks theme, Maya 2002, Eccentric People (also used in AJAA), Psyche Lock and Core 2002 (although that kinda pissed me off because I initially thought it was exclusive to Matt Engarde's character)

It is a mixed bag but there's definitely more bad than good. When I put the entire soundtrack and shuffle, the games that have songs I skip the most are JFA and AAI (though in the case of AAI, I think it still has more great themes than JFA and those themes are so great that they elevate the soundtrack). I also skip a lot from DD, if you count the anime cutscene music
Quote:
But other than that, I actually really like the Court Begins in JFA as well as CE ~ Allegro, all of the investigation themes ("opening" and "middle") even the frantic and almost silly pursuit theme was great IMO because it sounds so wild. Not much of a melody but I don't really care. As long as they contribute to the tone within the game I like it.

Court Begins is meh. CE~Allegro is one of my least favorites in the series (I can't really explain why. It just feels off-putting). It does have the best investigation themes in the series, though. I'll give it that (with GK2 in a close second)

I've mentioned before that Pursuit~Lying Coldly is my favorite theme in the series (though that might not be true anymore. It's still very high up). The main complaint I've heard is that it doesn't feel like a Pursuit theme, to which I say, "That's the point." It's not supposed to sound like a Pursuit theme. It's supposed to sound like an Edgeworth Pursuit theme and with that, it does its job perfectly (and does contribute to the game's tone). With Questioned, I just never feel the tension or excitement when I hear it play. I dunno. It doesn't do its job as a standalone piece of music, either, unlike every other one. I think it's ok.

Quote:
And I have to be honest, I feel like AAI2's OST is growing on me, but I just really don't dig any of Iwadare's reminisence themes. I think they're cliche, frontloaded with emotion so it doesn't have the proper subtlety that you typically find in the other games (although one or two of them in DD were subdued enough to be likable IMO) but I think sometimes it feels like he's trying too hard to make his music tell the story rather than make the game do that and then have his music complimenting it. That crap must be hard to work on alongside the guys penning the script (heck the OST is probably something that is developed without very much insight so they can get everything done during crunch-time).

None of the other composers had proper subtlety, though. Some tracks did, just like Iwadare's. Heartbroken Maya, DL-6, Classroom Trial, Fire Carves Scars, True Pain, Steel Samurai's Ballad, Bitter Taste of Truth, Forgotten Legend, Hurt Kitsune, Fate Smeared, False Relations, Torn Apart Countries, Girl's Lost Memories, and Tragic Memories are all clearly "trying too hard." That's not to say I don't like those themes, as some of them are my favorites in the series. The only ones I'd call "subtle" are Light and Shadow at the Film Studio, Shadow at Dusky Bridge, KG-8, IS-7, Fall of House of Lang, and Departure from Regret. The others I didn't mention are swing themes

Quote:
EDIT: Have to comment on Ghost Trick now you mention it. I think it was great too, but like you say JesusMonroe, I think maybe too that some of it is pretty forgettable. Strangely I find the main theme to be one of the blandest though. I didn't like it the first time I heard it and now I merely think of it as a memento of how great the game was overall but I still don't like the actual track. When I think of Ghost Trick's music the first thing that comes to mind are The Last Desperate Struggle (EPIC!), The jazzy-snazzy theme of that annoying writer who's kidnapped her own daughter, and Detective Jowd's theme.

I just re-listened to the main theme and I realized I only like about the first 60 seconds (but those are a damn good first 60 seconds). To be fair, though, I haven't listened to the Ghost Trick OST nearly as much as AA's, so I'll get on that and give more of my thoughts
OrderOfTheNick wrote:
But Gregory's theme is a remix of Great Revival.

You just blew my mind. I never realized that
GoingforMiles wrote:
Listening to the Opening and Investigation themes makes me all nostalgic now. And I haven't even played the game myself. Nor do I remember how long ago it was I watched it... Anyway, I think they're really nice and fit the atmosphere of the game.

I always liked the Middle theme for this game and thought Opening was ok but now I love Opening, especially the part 46 seconds in

Oh yeah, that's great.

And I so have to listen to Gregory's theme now :gregory:

Here's the orchestrated version. It was clearer here (and it also does IS-7, which makes it clear that the theme is a remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QpBFK-Q1js

Two other themes I want to mention from the GK Series: Solution!
Splendid Deduction and Calm Moment are great themes. I remember first hearing Calm Moment and thinking it was ok but after the endurance rounds of Cases 3, 4, and 5, the theme just feels absolutely euphoric

Haha, good. I'm usually quite musical but I couldn't hear it at all with the regular ones... it was clearer in that one. And also a very good orchestra version.

I agree about the Solution themes - I'm not a fan of them otherwise, I mean they fit in their context but I don't listen to them outside of the game, but the one of GK2 I even put as one of my favourites from that game, and the GK one isn't half bad either. :edgey:

Y'know

I now just realized how Solution! themes are way less memorable than Won the Case! ones.

Opposite for me. The only Won the Case that comes close for me is AJ's. The others don't make me feel nearly as victorious, bittersweet, and slightly melancholic

Both won the case and solution are probably the least interesting themes for me. If we're talking bittersweet and melancholic I'd say that goes for nearly every ending theme in my opinion, especially JFA and AJ.

Y'know

JesusMonroe wrote:
Opposite for me. The only Won the Case that comes close for me is AJ's. The others don't make me feel nearly as victorious, bittersweet, and slightly melancholic

I said memorable.

I said nothing about their quality :P

Still the opposite for me. I can't really recall the victory themes for the OT besides the beginning of JFA's

Something I noticed about the game is that it kept alternating between Gumshoe's original theme and his AAI theme. I thought it was a little strange. i wish I could remember the select moments his original theme played so I could try to develop a pattern. I remember one of them being when he displays the secret weapons, so maybe it's when the game harkens back to a moment from another game?

Y'know

I think his new theme is meant to play during his "hero moments", except it gets completely overused, really.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I didn't like that either. In fact I never really liked his theme that much, but I thought it was iconic in the least. I thought the AAI rendition was okay at first though, but it got old really quick with how it was rythymizied IMO.

I feel like the original was a bit too melancholic or something and the new one is too jumpy.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Servant of the Goddess of Law

Honestly the soundtack for this game is one of the reasons why I think AAI2 is the best Ace Attorney game in the series to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL_ZMmUaazo

JesusMonroe wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL_ZMmUaazo

The longer it went on, the cooler it became. Great use of an otherwise somewhat repetitive song.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Spoiler: Case 5 Music
The Fall of the House of Lang is my favourite. I never really cared for Lang's standard theme, but this does a good job of being melancholic and catchy.

Ultimate Prosecutor

One with the best OST in the series.

Logic Chess ~ Opening
Objection! 2011
Confrontation ~ Moderato 2011
Confess the Truth 2011
Confrontation ~ Allegro 2011
Confrontation ~ Presto 2011 (I liked more than the first one)
Pursuit ~ Wanting to Find out the Truth

And the characters music.

Tateyuki Shigaraki ~ Joking Motive
Yumihiko Ichiyanagi ~ First-Class Reasoning
Marī Miwa ~ Hugs and Kisses
Ryōken Hōinbō ~ The Tone of an Assassination
Hakari Mikagami ~ Goddess of Law
The Man Who Masterminds the Game (My favorite so far)
Yumihiko Ichiyanagi ~ First-Class Farewell
Gregory Edgeworth ~ Defense Attorney’s Knowledge

Feels so awesome when it starts.

Happy Maria

Sorry for the Necropost.

Imo,the Best way to compare the two investigation games' ost is that the first one is more Edgeworthey, :edgey:and the second one is more Edge Worthy :hobohodo:

If you get my point :P

A Kirby and AA fan

Southern Corn wrote:
If you get my point :P

I don't. At all. =P

Happy Maria

Probably should explain then :p

The first investigation game uses more classical and classy music,like piano. So it would suit Edgeworth very well. So it's Edgeworthey. On the other hand,the sequel uses really edgey music,like rock and jazz,so it's more 'Edge' worthy,you see.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A Kirby and AA fan

Southern Corn wrote:
Somid say it would should Edgeworth very well

Happy Maria

Nurio wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Somid say it would should Edgeworth very well

U wot m8

Autocorrect-You're bestest friendly ass wall asses you archEr neremnisis :will: oops wait what the hex did Is just typos
Page 2 of 2 [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)