Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Page 1 of 2[ 63 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 


The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

In my opinion, this game has the best OST in the entire series. There are hardly any tracks I dislike. Some of my favorites include:

Bonds ~ A Heart That Believes
Confess the Truth 2011
Confrontation ~ Presto 2011 (second favorite theme in the entire series. Really emulates the feeling of "final testimony")
Gregory Edgeworth ~ A Defense Attorney's Knowledge
Great Revival
Issei Tenkai ~ Sweet Happiness
Marie Miwa ~ Hugs and Kisses
Prosecutor's Murmur
Pursuit ~ Wanting to Find the Truth (second favorite Pursuit theme)
Reminiscence ~ IS-7 Incident (best Reminiscence theme ever)
Spoiler: Case 5
Reminiscence ~ Fall of the House of Lang
The Great Monster Borumosu
The Man Who Masterminds the Game

Solution! ~ Calm Moment (this, JFA's, or Splendid Deduction is my favorite victory)
Tateyuki Shigaraki ~ Joking Motive
Tsukasa Oyashiki ~ Sweet Dance
Yumihiko Ichiyanagi ~ Ichiryuu's Farewell
Yutaka Kazami ~ Brandished Flavor

I know I did a lot (I'd do more if I could lol) but I just love a lot of the music in this game. If you like a theme but don't know the Japanese name and don't want to look it up in fear of spoilers, you can still describe it
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7303

Oh yes, the soundtrack is awesome. My favourites are:

Logic chess
The final villain's theme
Investigation
Goddess of law
Pursuit
Zheng fa
Solution (I tend not to like them very much but this is great)
Mari Miwa - hug and kiss
The gentleman's thief
Shigaraki's theme (mainly the intro)

And in its context
Spoiler: Case 5
Yumihiko's new theme is awesome.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

I couldn't tell you WHICH series soundtrack is better, this one, or Dual Destinies; they both have awesome court/confrontation and character themes, are all kinds of awesome, and there are next to no tracks on either that I actually don't like. For now, I'll say I prefer AAI2's because of it's superior Pursuit theme and the fact that it, unlike Dual Destinies, has got an epic orchestra arrangement, but that opinion is subject to change :phoenix: Anyhoo, I like a LOT of the music here, so I'll just name some of the highlights :edgey:

Logic-Chess: Every version of this theme is just cool; it has traces of the original Logic theme and evokes a certain thoughtfulness, but has a catchy and pulsing melody that highlights the stand-off between Edgeworth and his opponent, and how he's pressed for time.

Miles Edgeworth- Objection 2011: Undeniably the most catchy remix of 'Great Revival' we've heard yet; this track has a spirited, jazzy feel that evokes a triumphant, turnabout feeling. While I hesitate to call it the 'best' Objection theme in the series, it's definitely one of them.

Pursuit: I don't care who you are, but if you deem any other Pursuit theme in the series as better then this, I honestly must question your tastes. The melody has a rock-flair and a fast pace to it that always gets my adrenaline pumping whenever I listen to it; it's the sort of music that makes you want to scream 'OBJECTION!' and point your finger dramatically. The latter bit sounds weird I know, but try listening to it and tell me I'm wrong :trucy:

Gregory Edgeworth- A Defense Attorney's Knowledge- You hear hints of 'Great Revival' here, but the father's theme is definitely distinct from his son's; with an upbeat and refined rhythm, it perfectly captures the intelligent and virtuous spirit that is Gregory in a melodic fashion. It's probably my favorite character theme in the series, bar-none- sorry Godot- and if you give it a listen, I'm sure you'll see why.
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

Very well said, GentlemenGamer, and I agree with a lot of your choices, GoingForMiles

As for the Pursuit theme, it's my second favorite :p I like Lying Coldy more, but to be fair, I think the soundtracks fit each game well. I couldn't imagine playing AAI with GK2 music and vice versa

And not to spoil much, but let's just say that Case 4 will introduce an "Allegro" version for Logic Chess

What do you two think of the Presto theme?
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

JesusMonroe wrote:
Very well said, GentlemenGamer, and I agree with a lot of your choices, GoingForMiles

As for the Pursuit theme, it's my second favorite :p I like Lying Coldy more, but to be fair, I think the soundtracks fit each game well. I couldn't imagine playing AAI with GK2 music and vice versa

And not to spoil much, but let's just say that Case 4 will introduce an "Allegro" version for Logic Chess

What do you two think of the Presto theme?


I can see why Lying Coldly is your favorite; it is indeed a catchy and incredible Pursuit theme. I still perfer AAI2's, but I would say it's my second favorite, for sure :phoenix: And agreed on the soundtrack thing; even if we may prefer one soundtrack to another, each one suits its game perfectly and for better or for worse, is irreplacable :phoenix:

I, uh, kind of spoiled myself on the Allegro theme; I have the soundtrack on my iPod, so I may have kinda sorta already listened to it (though not the rest of the themes) :edgey: I still prefer the opening, but I enjoy the Allegro theme very much; it's fast pace brings a certain intensity to the theme which I love :phoenix:

As for the Presto theme, I quite enjoy it :phoenix: I like it better then AAI's Presto theme: while I find AAI's Presto to be catchier, AAI2's fits better with the other confrontation themes in the game, musically speaking. I mean in AAI, the Presto and Objection themes kind of clashed, so when the former transitioned into the latter, it kind of felt like the intensity dropped a little. Plus, it seemed quite different from the Moderato and Allegro themes before it, and seemed less of a musical continuation of those themes and more like something else altogether. It was still amazingly catchy, but it felt out of place :ron: With AAI2 though, the theme feels musically in tune with the other pieces and is a great piece in and of itself :phoenix: But hey, that's just my opinion; feel free to take it with a grain of salt :godot:
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7303

While the Presto of AAI was one of the catchiest tunes ever I guess this one fits in better with the rest if you get what I mean (You can say a lot about Edgeworth but he isn't the funkiest guy on earth and neither are his games :edgey: ). So this one, it doesn't stand out to me at its own but it's good and it gets you in the right mood, especially the very first second of it gives the feeling that an important confrontation is going down.

Edit: I realize that I said almost excactly the same thing as Gentlemangamer, but I didn't read his reply until after I'd posted my own so I'm not a copycat, we just seem to be pretty much in agreement about the Presto theme, haha. :phoenix:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

GoingforMiles wrote:
While the Presto of AAI was one of the catchiest tunes ever I guess this one fits in better with the rest if you get what I mean (You can say a lot about Edgeworth but he isn't the funkiest guy on earth and neither are his games :edgey: ). So this one, it doesn't stand out to me at its own but it's good and it gets you in the right mood, especially the very first second of it gives the feeling that an important confrontation is going down.

Edit: I realize that I said almost excactly the same thing as Gentlemangamer, but I didn't read his reply until after I'd posted my own so I'm not a copycat, we just seem to be pretty much in agreement about the Presto theme, haha. :phoenix:


It's all good; while it's slightly similar to mine, I didn't get the impression you were trying to copy :phoenix: And I'm in agreement with you about your opinion on the Presto theme; to me it felt more... well, thematic then anything, and doesn't make for a particularly great stand-alone listen in my opinion :ron:

Speaking of Confrontation themes, I also really liked the Moderato and Allegro themes this time around. The guitar accompiniment (or at least something that felt eerily similar to guitar) made it feel quite epic. It made every confrontation feel meaningful, and made me feel driven to search for that oh so elusive contradiction :trucy: Off-hand I'd say they're my favorite in the series, but I'm sure there are some other ones that I'd place higher upon a relisten; most, if not all of the Cross-Examination/Confrontation themes in the games are really quite good :trucy:
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7303

Haha, good. It was more when I'd just posted my opinion, read yours and felt like "Oh. Well." :phoenix: I had forgotten what the Moderato/Allegro sounded like, and while it sounded quite good I can't help but feel annoyed by them, but I think that is mostly because in the fan translation I watched, the player pressed every statement in the confrontations so they all took much longer time than necessary, so I got a little bit tired with that. :edgey:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

GoingforMiles wrote:
Haha, good. It was more when I'd just posted my opinion, read yours and felt like "Oh. Well." :phttp://www.forums.court-records.net/posting.php?mode=quote&f=42&p=1251028#hoenix: I had forgotten what the Moderato/Allegro sounded like, and while it sounded quite good I can't help but feel annoyed by them, but I think that is mostly because in the fan translation I watched, the player pressed every statement in the confrontations so they all took much longer time than necessary, so I got a little bit tired with that. :edgey:


Heh... that's happened with me to a couple themes in the games. I'll spend to horrendously long on one part of the game for whatever reason- sometimes investigations, sometimes cross-examinations- and the themes that once sounded SO good starts to annoy me to bits. :sadshoe: :sadshoe: That feeling usually passes - either with time or a simple transition to a different theme, depending on how fed up I am with it- but I can understand not being attached to a certain theme as a result :phoenix:

On a different note, next to-or perhaps ahead of- Trials and Tribulations, I think this soundtrack had the BEST character themes in the series :jake: I mean, Ray Shields? Gregory Edgeworth? Justine Courtney? Jeff Masters? I could go on and on, but they were all brilliant; they were all catchy, distinct, and matched the character it represented to a T. My personal favorite (as I think I've already mentioned) was Gregory Edgeworth's followed closely by Ray Shield's, but that was just me. What about you guys? :eh?:
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7303

I wasn't that fond of Gregory's actually. I don't mean it's bad, but I don't think special of it. But I agree that they really nailed the character theme's this time around. Ray's and Justine's are super, and I really lik Mari Miwa's as well, and it fits her like a glove.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

GoingforMiles wrote:
I wasn't that fond of Gregory's actually. I don't mean it's bad, but I don't think special of it. But I agree that they really nailed the character theme's this time around. Ray's and Justine's are super, and I really lik Mari Miwa's as well, and it fits her like a glove.


I'm okay with that; opinions are fabulous things, and they'd be boring if we all shared the same one :trucy: I don't even know why I like Gregory's theme so much, I just find it really catchy and uplifting :phoenix: Perhaps its because of the orchestrated rendition done of the theme for the game's arrange album; when something is orchestrated, whether or not the original tune is that good or not, it brings a certain beauty to it :phoenix:

Mari Mawa-or Patricia Roland, if you prefer- IS a pretty good character theme in that fits her character wel though; it really captures the overtly-affectionate (bordering on niavete) part of her personality with an undertone of darkness that suggests she's a more serious and thoughtful person then she looks. Not one of my favorites in terms of stand-alone listens, but it's a fun little tune to play every once in a while :yogi:

Going back to my mention of the AAI2 orchestra album, what did you guys think of it? I personally loved every track of it, particularly as it captured essentially all the musical highlights (save Ray Shields theme, though that probably would've been difficult orchestrate, so I'm fine with that :trucy: ) of the game and arranged them so they sounded absolutely majestic as an orchestrated score :phoenix: It was the sort of album that really did justice to Iwadare's work on the original album, and made me wish this series had more arranges then it does: I mean Apollo Justice was barely covered, the Investigations mini-album was good though felt lacking, and Dual Destinies hasn't been touched at all (though granted it's still fairly new :ron: ). Imagine orchestra and jazz renditions of all this untouched material... it would be excellent :godot: But hey, that's just me being selfish; we've already got MANY good arrangements of the series thus far after all, so I shouldn't complain :jake:
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7303

Actually I didn't know there were orchestra versions of the AAI2 music as well, but I'm listening to it now and it does indeed sound powerful. :maya: Like you said, it really did justice to the scores. "Goddess of law" was really majestic and church-y (although it's hard not to be with an organ), which suited the theme of her... theme. And "Confrontation" and... a pleasant surprise to me was the "Logic" score, it sounded really soft orchestrated, and I lthink it was fun that they included it, especially since it's not the first you think of when speaking of the soundtrack, to me it feels more like a nice little background sound than an actual song, and it turned out real nice.

Overall I think it's cool with those orchestra and jazz versions, they really manage to keep the essence of the songs while giving a new feeling to it. :phoenix:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

GoingforMiles wrote:
Actually I didn't know there were orchestra versions of the AAI2 music as well, but I'm listening to it now and it does indeed sound powerful. :maya: Like you said, it really did justice to the scores. "Goddess of law" was really majestic and church-y (although it's hard not to be with an organ), which suited the theme of her... theme. And "Confrontation" and... a pleasant surprise to me was the "Logic" score, it sounded really soft orchestrated, and I lthink it was fun that they included it, especially since it's not the first you think of when speaking of the soundtrack, to me it feels more like a nice little background sound than an actual song, and it turned out real nice.

Overall I think it's cool with those orchestra and jazz versions, they really manage to keep the essence of the songs while giving a new feeling to it. :phoenix:


A pretty good summary of the AAI2 Orchestra , in my opinion :phoenix: I pretty much agree with all that you said here, particularly your thoughts on the 'Logic Suite': Logic Chess was great but all the other Logic themed....themes (now I'm doing it too! :shoe: ) felt more filler-y to me then anything else originally. This rendition of them though makes them sound perfectly lovely and thoughtful, and is definitely the surprise highlight of the album for me :phoenix: Pretty much everything here was great; the suites were great, the character themes were well done (I particularly enjoyed Gregory Edgeworth's theme, but you could've already guessed that :jake: ), the Objection and Persuit themes were suitably epic, 'Bonds' was as poignant as the theme from the game, 'Great Revival' was grand and almost cinematic, and the final track (ironically called) 'Opening', though not my favorite piece, was a good mesh of music from throughout the album. I've already downloaded this album, but if Capcom were to officially release this album via iTunes or Amazon or somewhere (along with a fully localized version of the game, while they were at it :godot: ) I would buy it just to support it :trucy:


..heh, it's funny; I said I agreed perfectly with your summary, but then I proceeded to talk in length about the album more in length. Hahaha... :oops: Anyways, I'm glad you were able to discover some 'new' AA music, and that you enjoyed it :trucy:
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

I love the Presto theme and it's one of my favorite tracks. It ramps up the tension to huge levels and it gives such a, "You're going down, fucker" kind of feeling. I liked it before but with context it's just amazing. I kind of wish the GS games got a Presto theme (or if they made the allegro themes in AAI as intense as the Allegro themes in the GS series AND we also had a Presto). Anyway, I actually think the confrontation themes were relatively weak, but I usually don't like them. The only Confrontation/CE themes I like are Presto 2009, Presto 2011, the part from 0:17 to 0:24 of Allegro 2011, Allegro 2004 (especially 0:44 to 1:14), and Allegro 2013

I also loved all the character themes. I'm with you on Gregory Edgeworth, GG. It fits the character perfectly. To be honest, I never thought Godot's theme was that memorable and always thought "The Bitter Taste of Truth" was a stronger piece of music. But yeah, I love all the character themes, especially Gregory Edgeworth's. I think Tsusaka Oyashiki's (Katherine Hall) is also amazing as well as Issei Tenkai (Jeff Masters). I pretty much like all of the character themes in the game that it's hard for me to decide what I like best. The theme of the final boss in this game is another favorite

I also didn't know there was an orchestrated version. I'm listening now and I love it so far. I might post more thoughts later...
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Got distorted by the vodka something idk

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:03 am

Posts: 25

So, yes. I did like GK2's OST. While I believe all AA ost is good, I'm going to compare GK2's OST to that of GK1, seeing as how it is the most comparable game and OST to GK2.

When it comes to the Objection and Pursuit themes, I prefer the first AAI, because AAI's objection was more well-suited for the game, and I found Lying Coldly to be more catchy than WtFtT. I was okay with both games' Moderate and Allegro confrontations equally, and I prefer GK2's Presto over GK's because I thought it was more fitting for a final confrontation, and that GK's one was a bit too fancy for Edgeworth's taste. As for character theme's, I like Miwa's, Kazami's, mikagami's and the The Man Who Masterminded the Game, but the rest were just meh. I liked the first three simply because they were great pieces and were well suited for their characters, and TMWMtG well supported its character's role in the final case, and I found it to be better than AAI' final villain's corresponding theme because imo GK2's final villain was better than the one in GK, making it more memorable. Overall, I think GK2 had a great soundtrack, both in comparrison to GK1 and the OST in the other games in the franchise.
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7303

GentlemanGamer wrote:
..heh, it's funny; I said I agreed perfectly with your summary, but then I proceeded to talk in length about the album more in length. Hahaha... :oops: Anyways, I'm glad you were able to discover some 'new' AA music, and that you enjoyed it :trucy:


Haha, no harm in that; keep this thread going :edgey: Well, I'm glad you brought it up so that I could discover it. :phoenix:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

JesusMonroe wrote:
I love the Presto theme and it's one of my favorite tracks. It ramps up the tension to huge levels and it gives such a, "You're going down, fucker" kind of feeling. I liked it before but with context it's just amazing. I kind of wish the GS games got a Presto theme (or if they made the allegro themes in AAI as intense as the Allegro themes in the GS series AND we also had a Presto). Anyway, I actually think the confrontation themes were relatively weak, but I usually don't like them. The only Confrontation/CE themes I like are Presto 2009, Presto 2011, the part from 0:17 to 0:24 of Allegro 2011, Allegro 2004 (especially 0:44 to 1:14), and Allegro 2013

I also loved all the character themes. I'm with you on Gregory Edgeworth, GG. It fits the character perfectly. To be honest, I never thought Godot's theme was that memorable and always thought "The Bitter Taste of Truth" was a stronger piece of music. But yeah, I love all the character themes, especially Gregory Edgeworth's. I think Tsusaka Oyashiki's (Katherine Hall) is also amazing as well as Issei Tenkai (Jeff Masters). I pretty much like all of the character themes in the game that it's hard for me to decide what I like best. The theme of the final boss in this game is another favorite

I also didn't know there was an orchestrated version. I'm listening now and I love it so far. I might post more thoughts later...


I can agree with a fair bit of what you said versus the confrontation themes: this game's presto, while not as powerful as AAI's (in my opinion) was still intense and really gave a 'final showdown' sort of feel to it. The moderato and allegro themes I personally enjoy, but they're never album highlights; they're catchy and they're good in game for building tension, but aside from 'Presto' they're not exactly cream of the crop :yogi:

I'm also kind of with you with Godot's theme; it was good and catchy, but not as unforgettable as other character themes... or at least in game. The jazz arrangement of the theme was BRILLIANT and made his character theme more enjoyable to me, but in the game itself, it wasn't REALLY the musical highlight. Back to AAI2 though.... WOOT; I'm glad there's another Gregory Edgeworth fan in the house :phoenix: However you ARE right, pretty much EVERY character theme in this game is great; some are more enjoyable to me then others, but all of them fit their character to a T and are catchy to some degree or another :trucy:

Woot; I'm glad you're enjoying it :phoenix: I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it later on :apollo:

GoingforMiles wrote:
GentlemanGamer wrote:
..heh, it's funny; I said I agreed perfectly with your summary, but then I proceeded to talk in length about the album more in length. Hahaha... :oops: Anyways, I'm glad you were able to discover some 'new' AA music, and that you enjoyed it :trucy:


Haha, no harm in that; keep this thread going :edgey: Well, I'm glad you brought it up so that I could discover it. :phoenix:


Always happy to help :trucy: I'm a fan of video game music myself, and since I've been into Ace Attorney I've been keeping a close eye on any new albums/arranges/etc that are released. :jake: Unless you're keeping a close eye on the AA music scene though, it's the sort of thing that's easy to miss, so I'm glad I was able to point people towards it :trucy:

KōhīKazeToGengakki wrote:
So, yes. I did like GK2's OST. While I believe all AA ost is good, I'm going to compare GK2's OST to that of GK1, seeing as how it is the most comparable game and OST to GK2.

When it comes to the Objection and Pursuit themes, I prefer the first AAI, because AAI's objection was more well-suited for the game, and I found Lying Coldly to be more catchy than WtFtT. I was okay with both games' Moderate and Allegro confrontations equally, and I prefer GK2's Presto over GK's because I thought it was more fitting for a final confrontation, and that GK's one was a bit too fancy for Edgeworth's taste. As for character theme's, I like Miwa's, Kazami's, mikagami's and the The Man Who Masterminded the Game, but the rest were just meh. I liked the first three simply because they were great pieces and were well suited for their characters, and TMWMtG well supported its character's role in the final case, and I found it to be better than AAI' final villain's corresponding theme because imo GK2's final villain was better than the one in GK, making it more memorable. Overall, I think GK2 had a great soundtrack, both in comparrison to GK1 and the OST in the other games in the franchise.


By the sound of it, the Objection and Pursuit themes sounds like the only recurring themes that were better in AAI then AAI2, and I can level with that; AAI's Objection, though less intense then the sequel's, felt really fitting to Edgeworth, and the Pursuit theme was just awesome and adrenaline pumping in and of itself :trucy: The character themes you mentioned were all pretty great as well; Miwa's was charmingly eccentric, Mikagami's felt epic and intimidating, while The Man Who Masterminded the Game definitely was catchy and final boss-y.

Now personally speaking, I enjoy AAI2's Objection and Pursuit themes more then AAI's as well as lot more of the character themes that you mentioned, but that's all simply a matter of taste, and there's no helping that :trucy: In any case, we agree on the most important point here; AAI2 had a GREAT soundtrack, and was a great contribution to the series musically. :apollo:

While I'm thinking of comparisons however, I'm curious; how would you all rank the albums in the series (not counting arrangements)? My order would go something like this:

AAI2>DD>AAI>T&T>PW>AJ>JFA

This album's my top favorite because there was nary a track I DIDN'T like; there were some that weren't as catchy to me as others and some that were only worth a listen or two, but on the whole it was superb :apollo: Conversely, JFA is my least favorite AA album because, while it's still good and introduces some of the more prominent themes in the series (Miles Edgeworth, for example) just didn't feel as great as the others in the series :ron:
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

Damn. The orchestra was pretty great. I noticed they usually combined two songs into one piece (GE and the IS-7 Incident (though, I don't know if the IS-7 incident is already a slowed down version of Greg's theme), Pursuit and Trifle of Fate), but I couldn't piece what the second song in Kay's theme was

Anyway, I thought Kay's theme was the standout of the track but I liked pretty much all of them. Actually, I don't know if I prefer Kay's theme or Bonds. I love the Bonds theme and generally think the AA series needs more happy/sad themes. The only other one I can think of is Elise Deauxnim's theme and some victory themes. Gregory Edgeworth's was great, but I liked the IS-7 portion more. I'm also glad they did the Logic Suite. I always felt bad for that song because most people have only heard the first ten seconds. It's a great track, though. I would've like the final boss' theme orchestrated if that was possible, as well as Yumihiko's second theme and the Solution! theme. I pretty much liked all of the orchestrated versions besides Mikagami's. It was good but I skip it when I'm listening through all of it :ron:

Anyway, if I were to compare the music of the Investigation series, this is how I'd do it
Spoiler: Not a spoiler. Just a lot of text
Pursuit AAI>Pursuit AAI2
Objection AAI2>Objection AAI
Villain Themes AAI2>Villain Themes AAI (I don't really think AAI has any standouts besides Calisto's in this...)
Character Themes AAI2=Character Themes AAI (Couldn't decide whether I prefer Gregory, Tateyuki, Tenkai, and Oyashiki or Kay, Shi-Long Lang, and Badd)
Investigation Themes AAI>Investigation Themes AAI2
Confrontation Themes AAI2>Confrontation Themes AAI
Crisis of Fate>Trifle of Fate
Prosecutor's Murmur AAI2>Prosecutor's Murmur AAI
Solution! ~ Calm Moment>Solution! ~ Splendid Deduction (though I flip-flop between these two a lot)
"People" Themes AAI>People Themes AAI2 (I prefer Doubted, Interesting, and Noisy over Lamenting, Strange, and Restless)
Reminiscence Themes AAI2>Reminiscence Themes AAI
Great Revival AAI2>Great Revival AAI
Confess the Truth 2011>Confess the Truth 2009 (I flip these two a lot, too)


I also enjoy video game music. Ace Attorney, Zelda, and Paper Mario have some of my favorite soundtracks

My list is pretty much the same as yours. I'll also include notable tracks that I love from each

7. Justice for All
Spoiler:
Pearl Fey ~ With Pearly
Reminiscence ~ Scars Carved by Fire
Reminiscence ~ Steel Samurai's Ballad
Victory Theme
Search ~ Core 2002
The Prosecutor Themes


6. Phoenix Wright
Spoiler:
Objection!
Pursuit ~ Cornered
Reminiscence ~ DL-6
Reminiscence ~ SL-9
Victory
Steel Samurai

I know I had more themes for Justice for All but the rest of the ones for PW are ok while I think the majority of JFA is just bad, especially that Objection theme. I don't know what they were thinking with that


5. Apollo Justice
Spoiler:
Tell the Truth
Thrill Theme ~ Suspense
Pursuit ~ Overtaken
Kitaki Family
Troupe Gramarye
Recollection ~ A Fate Smeared by Tricks and Gadgets
Recollection ~ Forgotten Legend
Drew Studio


4. Trials and Tribulations
Spoiler:
Pursuit ~ Caught
Court Begins
Cross Examination ~ Allegro
Tell the Truth
The Bitter Taste of Truth
The Fragrance of Dark Coffee (I know what I said before but it's still pretty good)
Trés Bien (I fucking love this one)
Elise Deauxnim ~ Gentle Melody (Love this one, too. Most underrated track of the series)
Luke Atmey's Theme


3. Ace Attorney Investigations
Spoiler:
Kay Faraday
Tyrell Badd
Shi-Long Lang
Confrontation ~ Presto
Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly
Bando Land Theme
Yatagarasu
Reminiscence ~ KG-8 Incident
Calisto Yew
Interesting People
Doubted People
Dick Gumshoe
Solution!
Reminiscence ~ Torn Apart Countries
Two Embassies


2. Dual Destinies
Spoiler:
Athena Cykes - Courtroom's Revolution (Used to be my favorite, but Phoenix's sometimes beats it. Not sure)
Questioning - Allegro 2013
Athena Cykes - Let's Do This!
Apollo Justice - I'm Fine!
Phoenix Wright - Objection!
Phantom Theme
Pirate Sisters Ales - Adventures Across the Seven Seas
"Countdown to the Future"
Won the Case - Everyone's Victory
Pressing Pursuit - Keep Pressing On (Really warmed up to me)
Illegal of Destiny
Reminiscence - Tragic Memories
Reminiscence - Wandering Heart
Robot Laboratory - Unerasable Past
Thought Route - Resonance of the Synapses
Mood Matrix / Get a Grip on Yourself!
Noisy People
Simon Blackquill - Distorted Samurai
Florent L' Belle - Je Suis L'Belle!
Go Forth! - Amazing Nine Tails
Bobby Fulbright - The Secret Word is Justice!
Nine Tails Vale - Home of the Yokai
"Turnabout to the Future"


1. Ace Attorney Investigations 2
Spoiler:
Everything


Might make a top 30 Ace Attorney themes later...it'll be difficult
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

I'm glad you enjoyed the Orchestration so much :phoenix: Pretty much every track was amazing and a worthy listen (though come to think of it, I think I'm in agreement with you on Mikagami's theme in that I tend not to listen to it all that much ), and was one of those albums that both left me satisfied and wanting more :phoenix: As for what I mean by the latter... like you said, there's still some great themes from the game that were untouched, which is a real pity :sadshoe: Plus, there are two other games in the series' whose music has been left untouched for arranges, AAI and DD, and then I start wondering about the possibilities and just how awesome it would be if Iwadare would... :ron:

...*clears throat* Moving on, I'm always happy to meet a fellow video game music fan; I only know one other person in my community that likes the genre, as most think it to be 'nerdy', 'weird', or 'filled with blips and bloops', descriptions that which doesn't really do it justice :phoenix: My favorite soundtracks, other then Ace Attorney, come from a few different series: in no particular order, there's Persona (either this series' or Ace Attorney take the top spot as my favorite, I couldn't tell you which :ron: )Zelda, Mario, Mega Man Zero, Chaos Rings, The World Ends With You, Jet Set Radio and Professor Layton. They all have something different to offer in terms of style and mood, but I find them all exceedingly catchy and I often can get entranced and addicted to any of these series' music for DAYS at a time :trucy:


Anyhoo, I might as well make my list of series musical highlights as well; looks to be fun, though I do admit I agree with a lot of your choices so it may be hard to be original :godot:

7. Justice For All
Spoiler:
-Questioning- Moderato AND Allegro
-Pressing Pursuit
-Telling the Truth
-Psyche-Lock
-Maya Fey- Turnabout Sisters
-Eccentric
-More Happy People
-Shelly De Killer- A Murderous Gentleman's Pleasure
-Investigation- Middlestage
-Great Revival- Miles Edgeworth
-Hotline of Fate


6. Phoenix Wright
Spoiler:
Phoenix Wright-Objection!
-Maya Fey- Turnabout Sisters
-Dick Gumshoe's Theme
-Old Age, Regret, Retribution
-The Steel Samurai
-Ema Skye
-Jake Marshall- Detective from the Wilderness
-Damon Gant- Swimming Anyone?
-Rise From the Ashes- End


5. Apollo Justice (I KNOW I originally put this at 6 but... meh. This and PW are interchangable in my books, and I feel particular to it after listening to orchestrations of it's soundtrack)
Spoiler:
-Courtroom Lobby- New Prelude
-Apollo Justice- A New Trial is in Session!
-Pressing Persuit- Cornered
-Trucy Wright- Child of Magic
-Klavier Gavin- Guilty Love
-Ema Skye- Scientific Detective
-Kitaki Family
-Gamarye Troupe
-We Won Our Case!- Our Victory


4. Trials and Tribulations
Spoiler:
-Phoenix Wright- Objection!
-Pursuit
-Godot- The Fragrance of Dark Coffee
-Mask!DeMasque- Pleeeease Listen!
-Luke Atmey- I Just Want Love
-Tres Bien
-Furio Tigre- Swinging Zenitora
-Elise Deauxnim- Gentle Melody
-Investigation- Middlegame



3. Ace Attorney Investigations
Spoiler:
-Logic (I LOVE the orchestration of this, but the track itself isn't a favorite in it's own album. I wonder why? :ron: Well, it just would feel wrong not to include it.)
-Miles Edgeworth- Objection!
-Confess the Truth
-Confrontation- Presto
-Pursuit- Lying Coldly
-Kay Faraday -The Great Truth Burglar
-Shi-Long Lang- Speak Up, pup!
-Blue-Badger March
-Tyrell Badd- The Truth isn't Sweet
-Callisto Yew- Let Me Laugh at the Cool
-Crises of Fate
-Dick Gumshoe- I Can Do it When it Counts, Pal!
-Solution!- Splendid Deduction



2. Dual Destinies:

Spoiler:
-ALL the Objections :)
-Questioning- Allegro
-Pursuit
-Trucy's Theme
-The Amazing Nine-Tails
-Simon Blackquill- Distorted Showmanship
-Thought Route
-Suspicous People (I don't know why, I just find this theme catchy :) )
-Apollo Justice -I'm Fine!
-Mood Matrix


Oddly enough, I don't end up listening that much to the second disc/half of the soundtrack as much; I don't know why :ron:

1. Prosecutor's Path:

Spoiler:
-Miles Edgeworth - Objection!
-Logic Chess
-Investigation- Middlegame
-Ray Shields- Joking Motive
-Confrontation- Presto
-Pursuit
-Gregory Edgeworth: A Defense Attorney's Edgeworth
-Remiscence- IS-7 (actually only listening to it carefully now, but liking it immensely :)
-Bonds
-Shimon Aizawa
-The Man Who Masterminds the Game

Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright


Last edited by GentlemanGamer on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

Gender: Male

Location: Britannia

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:35 am

Posts: 165

This game had genius music, especially all the sub-characters such as Shigaraki and Mikagami... I also really liked the investigation music.

Especially enjoyed:
Trifle of Fate
Reproducing the Scene 2011
Pursuit
Joking Motive
Ichyiruu's Farewell
Gregory Edgeworth's
Issei Tenkai's
Confess the Truth
Logic Chess Opening and Endgame

Objection! wasn't bad, but sometimes I felt it was a little 'over the top' compared to the 2009 version, which had more of a calm, assertive feel.

(I think I can admit that JFA is my least favorite as well.) :beef:
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

Image

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)


Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

venser wrote:
This game had genius music, especially all the sub-characters such as Shigaraki and Mikagami... I also really liked the investigation music.

Especially enjoyed:
Trifle of Fate
Reproducing the Scene 2011
Pursuit
Joking Motive
Ichyiruu's Farewell
Gregory Edgeworth's
Issei Tenkai's
Confess the Truth
Logic Chess Opening and Endgame

Objection! wasn't bad, but sometimes I felt it was a little 'over the top' compared to the 2009 version, which had more of a calm, assertive feel.

(I think I can admit that JFA is my least favorite as well.) :beef:


Good picks, good picks; then again though, with a soundtrack as rich as AAI2, you could select pretty much ANY track and it'd be a good pick :apollo:

Mmmm... I can understand that :ron: This game's Objection, though I personally liked it a lot, felt especially grandiose and dramatic; sure it was nice, triumphant and catchy, but a tad ill-suited to Miles' :edgey:

Yeah... it had some great tracks, but JFA wasn't nearly as catchy when compared to the other games in the series :larry: The soundtrack is good enough that it's worth not being forgotten, but apart from that, I don't think anyone can say it's a favorite :ron:
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1494

I came up with a fan translated name for Yumihiko's themes. Here they are:

Sebastian Debeste ~ The Best Reasoning
Sebastian Debeste ~ The Best Farewell
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 326

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
I came up with a fan translated name for Yumihiko's themes. Here they are:

Sebastian Debeste ~ The Best Reasoning
Sebastian Debeste ~ The Best Farewell


Sounds good to me :jake: While on the topic of fan-translated names, what would one do for Mr. Shields' track? In English it'd be

Raymond Shields ~ Joking Motive

Which doesn't make much sense to me :ron: What does 'joking motive' even mean?
Jeremiah 29:11-“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title

Deception&&contradiction

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:32 pm

Posts: 158

Best soundtrack? Not to me..still belongs to AAI.

Spoiler:
But most atmospheric and suited Soundtrack?

Absolutely.

With the exception of some tracks, (like weird people) NO track fell out of place or throwaway.
Every single track conveyed the characters and mood really.
They really accentuated and almost fleshed out the moments even better

Like Yumihiko, Lang and Kay especially..
With the amount of melancholic/slow themes, I'm sad that Edgeworth's theme did not get a version along those lines when
Spoiler:
in jail. Really missed opportunity


I like Greggy even more partially due to his theme..

And the pursuit theme is a good piece of music but it never felt "right" for a cornered theme to me..and it's clearly struggling with the DS soundchip..it needs what Dual Destinies had but I feel it need to give a cornering tempo and Edgeworth's style..still good but could be better...
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

Mechashadow wrote:
-snip-

(Psst, to do spoilers, the first tag needs to be [spoiler=], not just [spoiler]. I've fixed it for you now, but watch out for that in the future!)
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

Mechashadow wrote:
With the exception of some tracks, (like weird people) NO track fell out of place or throwaway.

Actually, Restless People is a track that has strangely grown on me recently (same with interesting people from AAI). I kind of love the zaniness of it and it just has a very catchy tune. I'm not as good at explaining why I like music like GentlemanGamer, but this is a pretty great track (that is, unless you were referring to strange people).

I know I mentioned this one earlier, but Confess the Truth 2011 is another one that has really grown on me. This might be one of the best AA themes ever. It really captures the essence of the game and makes you feel like you're conquering something larger than yourself (and failing). It encapsulates how smart and sinister the villains in this game are. I love it. CTF 2009 had a pretty great "revelatory" feel, but I just love how the new one sounds so cold and dark

God, I love Iwadare
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1631

I still don't like Iwadare that much, but I think AAI2's soundtrack is OK compared to AAI which has a soundtrack that just feels like it overstays its welcome IMO.

I think music-wise I'd still rank it like this overall:

AA1 > AA2 > DD > AA3 > AJAA > AAI2 >> AAI

It's kind of hard and unfair to rank them like so though when there are a few pieces that really sell you on the whole OST and then there are a lot you don't like in each of them. Blame my like for AA1's soundtrack on nostalgia or something, I don't mind. I think the fact that they made arrangements for them in PLvsPWAA definitely had something to do with why I suddently hold it in such a high regard. But just for the record I feel like the first game had the best CE Moderate and Allegro themes, the best Court Begins (by FAR), second best Pursuit (because AJAA tops everything) and best "Unusual people" theme (aka Marvin Grossberg's theme) plus, gotta respect the classics. It's thanks to Masakasu Sugimori that the franchise still uses the simple, yet tension-filled "Suspense" theme.

As for AAI2, I don't wanna give the impression that it sucks because it's so low on the list but quite frankly I think it's held back by an awful choice of MIDI sound engine just like AAI1 was. But it has gotten rid of my gripes when it comes to Pursuit which is now both catchy and consistent in how it keeps the heat going. Lying Coldly suffered from taking too long to "get to the point" if you catch my drift. Most of that theme just felt like Iwadare and his band just jamming along and showing off his piano skills IMO. It felt like it was not ready in the moment you wanted it to be there. But yeat, AAI = much better. Maybe top 3 or 4 material.

Still think Tell The Truth is awful just like in AAI, although this one doesn't grind my gears as much. I felt like AAI's was way too emotion heavy and obvious "cry with me plz" to the point where I just got annoyed whenever it played.

But I think there's a kind of quirkiness and originality to most of the tunes that play during investigations that, while initially coming off as very "not-Ace Attorney", it makes them memorable and I like them a lot. Makes the game stand out as a whole in a good way. Core 2011 is also quite a break from the norm, but it does the job much better than both Core 2009 and core 2013.

It does not win on reminiscence themes though. I can't remember them very well even though one or two of them play in, like, every single case in the game. I don't really care for Iwadare's rhodes, sad-sniff-sob themes that again just sound like they're trying too hard to evoke emotion. I think he did a much better job with those he made in Dual Destinies, though AJAA, AA1 and AA3 take the cake in the big picture here IMO.

Overall: A good memorable soundtrack with a couple of bad eggs in it, and that's my opinion on AAI2's OST.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

My feelings on Iwadare are that he makes more memorable tracks. Of course, I do think he makes better tracks compared to Sugimori, Kimura, and Horiyama, and I do respect Sugimori for setting the style of the series (and I can't speak as highly of the original because I haven't played PLvAA yet), but there are simply more tracks I prefer from the Iwadare games (also, TIL that Iwadare composed T&T). Plus, I think Iwadare's themes are a little catchier and they invoke more emotion when I do hear them, knowing the context behind them (a great example is The Bitter Taste of Truth)

Sidenote: Isn't the "unusual people" theme from AA Congratulations Everybody? That is my favorite of the bunch for the record

Anyway, as I was saying. There are a lot of instances where I prefer Sugimori. The original AA does have the best Court Begins theme by far. Something that I hated about DD is the fact that I think Iwadare missed the point of "Court Begins." It's supposed to give the feeling of, "the battle is beginning" and "the battle is over." I think the original, T&T, and AJ captured this perfectly. JFA was ok. Guardians of the Law isn't really a court begins theme. DD just sucked. I've already said enough about the Pursuit themes (and I pretty much love any theme that's a reminiscence theme...except Classroom Trial and I Blame You)

Just my 2 cents
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1631

You're right, Congratulations Everybody is actually the "Unusual People" of AA1, I got that wrong.

But I dunno, I feel like a lot of Iwadare's tracks are just more big on the cliches of traditional genres like pop and jazz, whereas especially Sugimori is good at making music that feels inheritenly videogamey. I can't really say in general that Iwadare make the "most memorable tracks" though. AAI is forgettable to me, AAI2 is memorable and DD is also memorable.

I just feel like with AA1 and then Ghost Trick that while I initially thought the soundtracks was "strange" I ended up finding it really memorable. But in the end I just think my gripe with Iwadare is just the small details, like how he shoehorns so much electric piano into everything, his insisting use of solos that put the song into halftime that ruins the flow and the ingame tension, and then there's too many artistic pauses. I think AAI and DD suffers most from the things I mentioned though.

And it's not like I think Iwadare is an amateur. He's clearly talented, but I simply don't find his style to resonate with me as much as some of the other composers' did.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

Mechashadow wrote:
Best soundtrack? Not to me..still belongs to AAI.

I don't know whether it's something with me, but I still think AAI actually has the worst soundtrack of all games. Almost everything sounds horrible. Well, maybe just all "Investigation", "Confrontation", "People", "Tricks" and "Pursuit" themes. Which is almost everything in gameplay.
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1631

I can relate. I think AAI has the worst OST in the franchise too, but I felt like intially they gave off a good impression but by the end of it I was fed up with it. It was too bland and uninspired I guess?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

See, that's weird because I thought the AA2 soundtrack was bland and uninspired. Different strokes for different folks and all that I guess
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title

Deception&&contradiction

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:32 pm

Posts: 158

JesusMonroe wrote:
Mechashadow wrote:
With the exception of some tracks, (like weird people) NO track fell out of place or throwaway.

Actually, Restless People is a track that has strangely grown on me recently (same with interesting people from AAI). I kind of love the zaniness of it and it just has a very catchy tune. I'm not as good at explaining why I like music like GentlemanGamer, but this is a pretty great track (that is, unless you were referring to strange people).


Restless people, I mean. I dunno it just sounds so jarring compared to the rest of the tracks while strange ppl somehow fits in to me..It could only be said to be Scones' theme in my view and maybe that Tres Bien dude from T&T..too..eh...peppy. But it does fit someone whose head is on fire..

JesusMonroe wrote:
See, that's weird because I thought the AA2 soundtrack was bland and uninspired. Different strokes for different folks and all that I guess


I'm on the same page as you AA2 was the worst for me..I only liked hotline of fate..which is based off the Cornered theme but actually is'nt. I think it stands to date as the only game whose Cornered theme I did'nt like and that's saying a lot..AA3 is second only cos' the other soundtracks are waaaay better..it's good on its own..just not as great. Now Ghost Trick, that's another story..
JesusMonroe wrote:

Sidenote: Isn't the "unusual people" theme from AA Congratulations Everybody? That is my favorite of the bunch for the record

I think the original, T&T, and AJ captured this perfectly. JFA was ok. Guardians of the Law isn't really a court begins theme. DD just sucked. I've already said enough about the Pursuit themes (and I pretty much love any theme that's a reminiscence theme...except Classroom Trial and I Blame You)

Just my 2 cents


Ah yeah, when I heard Lotta Hart theme, it took me way back when a friend introduced me to the game and I was hooked on it playing it after school..
Classroom theme too? Really? :edgeworth: It was one of the better ones..I don't blame you for I blame you tho' :basil:
I agree with the reminiscence theme being weak here in GK2..I think only Greggy's stood out./=
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

From what I gather "Congratulations Everybody" wasn't actually just mistranslated "Blissful People? That's what it says on the wiki, at least...
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

Mechashadow wrote:
Restless people, I mean. I dunno it just sounds so jarring compared to the rest of the tracks while strange ppl somehow fits in to me..It could only be said to be Scones' theme in my view and maybe that Tres Bien dude from T&T..too..eh...peppy. But it does fit someone whose head is on fire..

Fair enough. I think it's a good enough theme in its own right but it does sound a little out of place on the soundtrack. It seems more like a JFA/AAI type of theme
JesusMonroe wrote:
See, that's weird because I thought the AA2 soundtrack was bland and uninspired. Different strokes for different folks and all that I guess


Quote:
I'm on the same page as you AA2 was the worst for me..I only liked hotline of fate..which is based off the Cornered theme but actually is'nt. I think it stands to date as the only game whose Cornered theme I did'nt like and that's saying a lot..AA3 is second only cos' the other soundtracks are waaaay better..it's good on its own..just not as great. Now Ghost Trick, that's another story..

Yeah, I hate JFA's soundtrack, which is a big deal cause I think the soundtrack is like 30-40% of an AA game. I like other themes on the track, though, the big ones being Investigation~Middle, Tell the Truth, Maya 2002, the Reminiscence themes, and Pearl's theme. I like the soundtrack to Ghost Trick but it's a little forgettable. I only remember Missile's theme and the main theme (both being fantastic)
Quote:
Ah yeah, when I heard Lotta Hart theme, it took me way back when a friend introduced me to the game and I was hooked on it playing it after school..
Classroom theme too? Really? :edgeworth: It was one of the better ones..I don't blame you for I blame you tho' :basil:
I agree with the reminiscence theme being weak here in GK2..I think only Greggy's stood out./=

IS-7 is a fan-fucking-tastic theme. SS-5 is good but it doesn't really feel like a reminiscence theme. It seems a little too dark and tragic for an incident that's not that dark and tragic, though. Lang's is very good as I think it kind of sounds like a reminiscing warrior. Kay's is also very good, but overplayed in the game. (Anyone else notice how every reminiscence theme in GK2 is a remix). And yes, I hate the Classroom Trial theme. It's one that I always skip when I have the complete OST on shuffle
Nearavex wrote:
From what I gather "Congratulations Everybody" wasn't actually just mistranslated "Blissful People? That's what it says on the wiki, at least...

Yes, but it's also sometimes mistranslated as "Boisterous People" and "Stupid People"
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1631

I dunno. I think JFA's OST is a mixed bag but it does introduce some really memorable themes, some of which they even decided to stick with for T&T and future titles, like the Logic & Tricks theme, Maya 2002, Eccentric People (also used in AJAA), Psyche Lock and Core 2002 (although that kinda pissed me off because I initially thought it was exclusive to Matt Engarde's character)

But other than that, I actually really like the Court Begins in JFA as well as CE ~ Allegro, all of the investigation themes ("opening" and "middle") even the frantic and almost silly pursuit theme was great IMO because it sounds so wild. Not much of a melody but I don't really care. As long as they contribute to the tone within the game I like it.

And I have to be honest, I feel like AAI2's OST is growing on me, but I just really don't dig any of Iwadare's reminisence themes. I think they're cliche, frontloaded with emotion so it doesn't have the proper subtlety that you typically find in the other games (although one or two of them in DD were subdued enough to be likable IMO) but I think sometimes it feels like he's trying too hard to make his music tell the story rather than make the game do that and then have his music complimenting it. That crap must be hard to work on alongside the guys penning the script (heck the OST is probably something that is developed without very much insight so they can get everything done during crunch-time).

But what the heck, I think AAI2 has a lot of memorable themes. It's certainly a better OST than AAI for me but doesn't quite feel very "Ace Attorney" but maybe that's a good thing because that's what It thought when I first heard Apollo Justice's music and now I like it because it stands on its own.


EDIT: Have to comment on Ghost Trick now you mention it. I think it was great too, but like you say JesusMonroe, I think maybe too that some of it is pretty forgettable. Strangely I find the main theme to be one of the blandest though. I didn't like it the first time I heard it and now I merely think of it as a memento of how great the game was overall but I still don't like the actual track. When I think of Ghost Trick's music the first thing that comes to mind are The Last Desperate Struggle (EPIC!), The jazzy-snazzy theme of that annoying writer who's kidnapped her own daughter, and Detective Jowd's theme.

I would like to hear what a modern-day Ace Attorney would sound like if Masakazu wrote the OST for it, but I'd also be pretty anxious because some of his music is just loud and all over the place (speaking of which... we don't actually know who's composing for DGS, but I think it's safe to assume the GK team has Iwadare with them for the next game too)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

JesusMonroe wrote:
IS-7 is a fan-fucking-tastic theme. SS-5 is good but it doesn't really feel like a reminiscence theme. It seems a little too dark and tragic for an incident that's not that dark and tragic, though. Lang's is very good as I think it kind of sounds like a reminiscing warrior. Kay's is also very good, but overplayed in the game. (Anyone else notice how every reminiscence theme in GK2 is a remix).

Huh? What is IS-7 Incident a remix of?
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1544

Gregory Edgeworth's theme. Though, IS-7 was played first in the game, so technically Gregory's theme is a remix of IS-7
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Posts: 48

JesusMonroe wrote:
Gregory Edgeworth's theme. Though, IS-7 was played first in the game, so technically Gregory's theme is a remix of IS-7

But Gregory's theme is a remix of Great Revival.
Re: The Music of AAI2Topic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am

Posts: 202

I have just finished case 2 and so far with the music I think the objection and confess the truth music is much better in the 1st game Love presuit lying coldly and confess the truth 2009 and the testimony theme in AAI2 doesnt seem as good but still got rest of game to finish yet lol
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Page 1 of 2 [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Magpie [Spider] and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO