Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Page 1 of 2[ 47 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

GK2 CD Drama (Now localized too! Thanks everyone!)Topic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Excuse me for dropping by without warning. I'm just here to share something that people might be interested in. I have the five tracks from the GK2 Voice Drama listed for sharing here.

I don't mind if I have to translate them myself, but if anyone else would like to help out, feel free. I'm kinda on a busy schedule with several projects of my own elsewhere, so I'd greatly appreciate any help. If there's anyone wrong with them or people can't access the page, let me know.

Edit, oh-so several months later:

Localized Script
Spoiler: Ep 1
Larry: Ah, finally found it! I thought my stand went somewhere. *shiver* Whew, thinking about it, it's gotten kinda chilly. And wasn't that toilet further away?
Ah, well. The great Larry Butz isn't going to let this little cold hold him back! Besides, I've got just the thing for Mabel at the fair... Hehehehehe.
Hm? What the, the moon's out. And it was so dark just a moment ago.

*fwoo*

Huh? ...Oh, it's just the wind. Still, it feels kinda creepy now. Plus, it's pretty late already and there's still tomorrow, so I guess I'd better get back home!

*voom*

Wah! W-what was that!? W-what's that sound!? I-is someone there? ...Aah!

???: *huff*... *huff*...

Larry: Eeek! M-Mr. Alien...?

???: Yes... that's right. We are messengers from outer space.

Larry: Th-they're really heeere!! Ah! M-my stand, i-i-it's flying! A, a UFO... A UFO took my stand... Gaaaah!

*bonk*

1:57

Edgeworth: It's some rather pleasant weather today.

Kay: It's gotten pretty warm, huh? Mr. Edgeworth, are you taking the day off today?

Edgeworth: I don't have anything particular planned today. For once in a while, I can take it easy.

*rumble, rumble*

Edgeworth: Hm? That noise... I've got a bad feeling about it. Kay, please lock the door.

Kay: Oh, sure.

*bamf*

Kay: Ah!

Larry: Edgeyyyy!! Help meee!!

Edgeworth: Too late...

Kay: Oh, it's Larry... Whoa!

Larry: Kay, darling, you're looking just as cute today!
Wait, this isn't the time for that! Edgey, listen to me! An alien just stole my stand!

Edgeworth: An alien? Hmph, what nonsense are you going on about now?

Larry: Really, I mean it! Come on, just listen!

Edgeworth: I would if you'd stop making that sour face.

Larry: It's 'cause of what happened that I'm making one! Just hear me out, okay!?

Edgeworth: Whether or not I hear your out, I can already tell by your face that you've been caught up in some odd trouble again.

Larry: That's what I'm saying! You get it, right? At last, I've really been attacked by an alien!

Kay: A-alien... *whisper* (I hope Larry's just feeling a little sick and not anything worse...)

Edgeworth: It's alright, Kay. In any case, I'll listen to his story.

Larry: You'll really hear me out, best buddy!? I knew friends were the best people in life!

Edgeworth: Fine, fine, just start talking! I may not have much time to spend with you.

Larry: Oh, really? Okay, I'll talk...
For the upcoming fair, I figured I'd bring my Samurai Dog stand, so I set it up yesterday night.

Kay: Fair? Ah, you mean the one at Gourd Lake Park, right?

Larry: Yeah. I bet lots of people will be showing up if I set up my stand there. But then, that so important cart was snatched away by an alien!

Edgeworth: Alien, alien, you've been saying that nonsense for a while now. There's no such thing as an alien.

Larry: No, there is! There was! The UFO was there too!

Kay: Larry, you saw a UFO!? Wow! Was it really cool!?
...Uh, but now isn't the time for that, heh heh.

Edgeworth: Whether by alien or UFO, in any case, Larry's cart was stolen by someone.

Larry: That's what I'm saying! The culprit is an extraterrestrial lifeform!

Edgeworth: Good grief... How did you ever land yourself into this sort of trouble? You're ever the unlucky sap. 'If something smells, it's usually the Butz.' Nothing ever changes there, does it?

Larry: Whatever, just do something, anything! If I don't get that cart back, I'll get desperate! There'll be rumors all about me seeing aliens!

Edgeworth: Hmph... what a disappointment. It looks like my day off will have to wait.

4:58

Kay: Wow, Gourd Lake Park is already in that festive spirit! There are all sorts of carts and stalls out! Aah... but they look like they're still getting ready.

Gumshoe: It's a huge event, after all! Lots of people will be gathering here. Even us police are getting really pumped to get the security ready!

Edgeworth: Even though I didn't exactly call for you, Detective Gumshoe...

Gumshoe: That doesn't matter, sir! I'm your personal subordinate! But, finding a cart that was stolen by an alien? It's yet another troublesome case, huh.

Edgeworth: What's troublesome is this man here.

Larry: Me? Hehehe, aw shucks.

Edgeworth: That wasn't a compliment. Well? Was this place where your cart was stolen?

Larry: Yeah, I think it is. It was pretty dark and all, so I got lost on my way to and from the toilet.

Edgeworth: Well then, Larry, could you explain in a little more detail what occurred?

6:02

*testimony*

Larry: Like I said, for the upcoming fair, I figured I'd bring out my Samurai Dog stand and set it up here. The day was coming up real soon, so I had to stay late into the night.

Gumshoe: You worked for that long, pal?

Larry: Yeah, I just stuck through it. It's all for Mabel's...

Kay: Mabel?

Larry: Aah, i-it's nothing, never mind.

Edgeworth: Don't hide anything! ...Well, I doubt it's of any importance. Then? What happened?

Larry: So I worked until I tired out and needed a break, and I went to the toilets in the park.

Kay: And on the way back, you got lost, huh? Where are the park's restrooms?

Gumshoe: Just one or two minutes away.

Kay: Eh? He got lost in that short of a distance?

Edgeworth: If it's Larry we're talking about, then it's very possible.

Larry: What the heck, man! How can you say that!? That hurts, you know! I even said earlier, it was dark and all these trees look the same, so it's hard to tell.

Gumshoe: Then, when you came back, the stand wasn't there anymore?

Larry: Yeah, uh wait, no. It was still there then. Yeah, it's how I knew where to get back to.

*ding*

Edgeworth: You returned to where you saw the stand?

Kay: So, when did the alien show up?

Larry: Right when I came back. Suddenly, I heard this weird, ghghghghgh, rumbling sound. When I turned to see what it was, the alien was already standing there!

*ding*

Edgeworth: A strange sound...?

Kay: What kind of alien was it!?

Larry: Uh, well... There was only a little backlighting, so I couldn't see it very clearly, just a shadow. It kinda had this black, slippery skin, and its eyes were freakishly big!

Gumshoe: Aah! I-I've seen that thing before too, pal! On TV!

Larry: And then, all of a sudden, my stand started floating and flew up into the sky! At that moment, I saw something glowing up there.

Gumshoe: W-was it sucked up by a UFO?

Edgeworth: UFOs don't exist.

Larry: Geez, Edgeworth, you're so hardheaded. By this time, if you don't have a grander cosmic sense, you're gonna be left behind an age.

Edgeworth: What "cosmic sense"? Are you suggesting such a transcendent lifeform with so much cosmic sense would steal a stand of hot dogs!?

Larry: Well, that's uh... one of those happenings beyond our control, right?

Edgeworth: Not to mention, if the thief rides in a UFO, retrieving it back would be impossible in the first place. No matter what, we can't do anything to fetch something that's been carried out to space. Now are you satisfied?

Larry: No, not really... But, I really did see it happen. Just like that... my stand went flying up toward the moon!

Kay: Toward the moon...? Oh, yeah, yesterday was a full moon, wasn't it?

Larry: Yeah, it was. My stand went flying toward that perfectly round moon. How the heck do you explain that!?

Edgeworth: Hmm... I don't have the answer to that yet. However, there must be some contradiction to it somewhere. What happened after that cart floated off?

Larry: Well... I didn't see that.

Edgeworth: You didn't see it?

Larry: After that, I kinda lost consciousness.

Gumshoe: It's only natural to faint after seeing an alien and its UFO.

Kay: The alien didn't do anything to you, did it?

Larry: Now that you mention it, my head's been hurting a bit since then.

Gumshoe: I saw that on TV before too! People who were captured by aliens all had their bodies planted with chips!

Kay: Then, Larry also had a chip planted in his head!? Hey, there's some kind of bulge on the back of his head...

*ding*

Edgeworth: The back of his head? Hmm... I see.

Larry: S-seriously!? Edgey, this is bad! I'm being manipulated! Hurry up and take it out!

Edgeworth: Settle down! Before we get to that, there's one thing I need to confirm.

Gumshoe: Did you pick up on something, sir?

Edgeworth: I'd like to check the weather report for last night.

Kay: Weather? Okay, I'll go check it!

Larry: But yesterday night was pretty clear. It wasn't raining, and you could see the stars.

Edgeworth: All the same, I'll need a copy of the official report. Detective Gumshoe, if there are any other witnesses, search them out.

Gumshoe: Yes, sir! I'll search 'em out, sir!

10:39

Kay: I've checked up on it! Mr. Edgeworth, the weather for this area last night was clear throughout. It was so clear that there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

Larry: See? Told ya.

Edgeworth: But that gives rise to a contradiction.

Kay: A contradiction? What kind of contradiction?

Edgeworth: That would be...

Gumshoe: Mr. Edgeworth, sir! I've found a suspicious man!

Edgeworth: A suspicious man? Who, exactly?

Gumshoe: Well, it's...

Lang: Lang Zi says... "Those who suspect the House of Lang will fall prey to the wolf's curse!"

Edgeworth: Agent Lang!

Lang: Mr. Prosecutor. Just what is the meaning of this? Why am I being treated as a suspect all of a sudden!?

Edgeworth: The suspicious man was Agent Lang?

Gumshoe: Since yesterday night, there have been people who've seen Agent Lang around in this area.

Lang: Just what are you investigating here?

Edgeworth: As a matter of fact, it would seem this acquaintance of mine has once again got caught up in some troublesome matter.

Larry: No, I've been caught up in some outrageous incident!

Lang: I see. It sure does sound interesting.

Gumshoe: His hot dog stand was stolen by an alien!

Edgeworth: That is to say, we'd appreciate it if you could lend us a hand. Agent Lang, just what happened here last night?

Lang: We're still investigating.

Edgeworth: Investigating?

Lang: We've received notice that an international group of jewelry thieves are planning to carry out a large-scale transaction before long. That's what we're investigating into. They're the kind to use dynamite explosives to stir up chaos. We'd been working constantly to hunt them down.

Edgeworth: Have they been captured?

Lang: Yeah, we got the criminals... just not the important jewels. Since we don't have the evidence, those guys aren't admitting to anything. Just where could they have stashed them...?

Kay: Hmm... Then, Mr. Lang's been here since last night, huh? Did you see anything weird?

Lang: Sorry, but I'd didn't see any aliens or UFOs. If there were any, I'd definitely have noticed something.

Larry: Could it be, that the alien also snatched up the jewels?

Lang: An alien stole the jewels? Hahahaha! In that case, we might as well give up the search!

Edgeworth: ...No, it may not be as ridiculous as it seems.

Lang: What?

Kay: What do you mean? Wait, you don't mean that the jewel thief is an alien, do you!?

Spoiler: Ep 2
Kay: So the jewel thief is an alien!?

Edgeworth: No, that's not what I mean. However, last night at the same place, two things have disappeared. These two things may have some sort of connection. We can't overlook any connection it may be.

Lang: I see. Mr. Prosecutor, you sure do have a point there. Lang Zi says! "Even if there are two holes, there are more than two badgers." It's possible the two cases are connected.

Gumshoe: So the stand thief is also the jewel thief?

Edgeworth: Agent Lang, my thoughts exactly. If you don't mind, we'd like you to lend us a hand with the investigations.

Lang: Hah, in that case, there's no helping it. It looks like we're also stuck deep in this trouble. And, it's possible it's tied to this case. There's some merit to digging around here.

Edgeworth: We appreciate it.

Larry: Everyone... Everyone's working together for my sake...! I knew friends were the best people in life!

Lang: We're not doing this for you.

Edgeworth: Well then, let's hurry and search the neighborhood.

1:38

Gumshoe: Heeey! Staaand! Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Edgeworth: Detective! We aren't searching for a lost dog or cat.

von Karma: So this case really is related to the band of thieves, is it?

Kay: Huh? It's the whip lady!

Edgeworth: Why is even Prosecutor von Karma here...?

Larry: Franny! Could it be, you've come here to see me?

*whip*

Larry: Eek!

von Karma: It's only because I'm in charge of the case on the band of thieves.

Edgeworth: Is that so?

von Karma: Those thieves are the kind to use bombings to create chaos. We have yet to locate the bomb this time. That's what I'm now searching for.

Lang: So that's how it is. Fine, we'll team up.

Kay: Ah, there's someone there! Let's ask them about what happened yesterday! Excuse meee! We'd like to ask you a few things! So what happened here yesterday...?

???: What?

Larry: Bwaaah! It's the alien!

Edgeworth: No, it's...!

???: Oh, Edgey-poo! Have you come here chasing after me? You'd do anything to make this sweet old lady happy, wouldn't you? ...Wait, what the heck is wrong with my voice?

Larry: Oh, it's just the old bag.

Edgeworth: Y-you again! Why are you here!?

Oldbag: Aah-aah-ah-ah-ah-ah. Ah, fixed. I sniffed up a little of some weird gas.

Kay: Gas?

Oldbag: This thing.

Edgeworth: This is a gas mixture. It's used by divers who spend a long time underwater in areas where the water is deep. There's helium in it, so that's what changed your voice.

Oldbag: Edgey-poo! it must be Fate that led us to meet here! The two of us, Wendy and Edgey, struck by Cupid's arrows! Though we may be apart, like compasses, we point steadfast upon one another.

Edgeworth: J-just what is with that outfit?

Oldbag: It's a wetsuit, of course. I guess it's supposed to be my costume for today.

Larry: Oh, so it's for a job.

Oldbag: If it wasn't for work, I wouldn't even put this thing on. A smart hawk would hide its claws. I wouldn't just flaunt my beautiful body line to anyone! Well, if Edgey-poo wants to have a look, I wouldn't mind showing him! Only between Edgey-poo and I would we reveal ourselves to one another in secret! A

secret between only us, it's so exciting! So could I take a little peek?

Edgeworth: No, thank you!

Oldbag: Aw, shy as always.

Staff: Ms. Oldbag, what are you doing? Hurry up and get changed!

Larry: Huh? Is that one of the staff?

Oldbag: Get changed!? I've already done that!

Staff: What are you saying!? That's not the outfit! This is!

Oldbag: Ah? This isn't the right one?

Kay: Looks like she got a bit mixed up.

Larry: How'd you mix THAT up? Where did you even get that suit?

Oldbag: It was left over there. Talk about confusing. Who just left it there?

Gumshoe: Did someone forget it?

Edgeworth: Hmm... so that means someone had gone diving here.

von Karma: But swimming in this lake is prohibited; needless to say, diving.

Edgeworth: Not normally, anyway.

Oldbag: Never mind that, Edgey, help me take this thing off.

Edgeworth: Wh... why me!?

Oldbag: My, my, he's blushing! How cute.

Edgeworth: I-I am NOT blushing! We are very busy at the moment, so if you'll excuse us!

Oldbag: Oh, how cold. Well, that's fine with me too. I need to get back to work.

von Karma: I don't think I've ever met another such cantankerous old lady.

Edgeworth: Neither have I... thankfully.

Kay: Okay then, I'll try searching from above!

Edgeworth: Above?

Kay: There are lots of tall trees around here! I'll climb up and look around!

*whee*

Larry: Whoa, Kay! You're like a ninja!

Kay: Heh heh! But I'm not a ninja, I'm a Great Thief! Wow, what a great view from up here!

Edgeworth: All the way up there... Kay, be careful!

Kay: I'm fiiine! ...Aaah!

Edgeworth: Did you see something?

Kay: I saw a huge crane out in the distance! There was that really big crane and a dump truck and stuff! What a thrill!

Lang: I know the feeling. The endless wilderness, and that moment when you touch the skies! The greatest thing about it is the feeling we humans get from it.

Larry: Oh, yeah. I saw that crane yesterday at the park too.

Edgeworth: The crane? It wasn't found on the park grounds, though.

Larry: Yeah, looks like it's gone today.

von Karma: I wonder if it was used in preparation of the festival.

Edgeworth: Hmm...

Kay: Aaah! I think I just had an idea! What if the criminal disassembled the cart and disguised it as a crane so they could move it out?

Edgeworth: As a crane?

von Karma: Why a crane?

Kay: 'Cause, it'd be cool if the cart could change into a crane! Clin-clank, clunk! That crane over there could actually be the cart we're looking for!

Edgeworth: Kay, you watch too many hero TV shows. Stay up there and keep searching.

Kay: Oof... okaaay, got it!

Gumshoe: Mr. Edgeworth, I also have an idea, sir!

Edgeworth: An idea?

Gumshoe: I'll be right back!

6:55

Gumshoe: I brought him, sir!

Edgeworth: Oh, it's Missile.

Missile: Yip! Yip yip yip!

Lang: I see. You're going to use a police dog.

Gumshoe: If it's Samurai Dogs we're looking for, just leave it to Missile! He'll sniff up the scent and dig 'em out!

Larry: But my stand flew up into the air, you know? That dog can't fly after it.

Edgeworth: If it really did disappear into the sky... well, we'll try looking around anyway.

Gumshoe: Missile, chase the smell of those Samurai Dogs! They're the dogs you ate before, pal!

Missile: Yip!

von Karma: He responded.

Edgeworth: He really likes those hot dogs, apparently.

Gumshoe: Whoa, what a tug! H-he's dragging me off!

*sniff, sniff*

Missile: Yip yip yip!

Lang: Looks like he found something already. Oh, and he's got it.

Gumshoe: Missile, show it here, pal! ...Whoa!

Missile: *snarf, gobble*... *gulp* <3

Larry: H-he ate it!?

Edgeworth: Again...? What a voracious sweet tooth.

Gumshoe: Missiiile! Don't eat it, pal!

Missile: ...Urf!! Blagh!

von Karma: He spit something out.

Gumshoe: Huh? There was something inside the dog... er, the hot dog.

Lang: What? ...This! It's a jewel! If it's in a place like this...

Edgeworth: It must be the jewel the thieves stole.

Lang: Yeah, no doubt about it.

Gumshoe: Really!? But what's it doing in a Samurai Dog...?

Lang: The thieves hid it. Lang Zi says: "Your important stash of savings goes in the refrigerator!" That is, it's an ironclad rule that people think of unexpected places to hide things they find precious.

Gumshoe: Even inside a hot dog, huh?

von Karma: If it's come to this, I wouldn't know where they could hide a bomb.

Lang: We'd better call for backup.

Edgeworth: Yes, we should.

Gumshoe: Seems like Missile hurt his teeth biting into a jewel. You can take the rest of the day off, pal.

Edgeworth: Is that so. Missile, thank you for your effort.

Missile: Awooo!

9:07

Kay: Whoa! What is that!? It's some amazing treasure, isn't it!?

Larry: Ah, Kay, welcome back.

Kay: Glad to be back! Mr. Edgeworth, I saw something suspicious while I was up there.

Edgeworth: Hm, is that so. We found this jewel inside a Samurai Dog. It looks like what the thieves hid.

Kay: Huh!? The thieves hid each and every jewel into a hot dog!? Wow, they must have had a lot of time!

Larry: And they did all that while I was heading for the toilet? Wouldn't that

be, well, impossible?

Edgeworth: Hmm...

von Karma: It's strange no matter what; as if the gears in the works aren't meeting.

Edgeworth: We need to reorganize our thoughts. Larry, please tell us again what happened yesterday when your stand was stolen.

Larry: Like I said. It was cold last night, so I headed for the toilets. And after that, I got kinda lost on the way back. I thought maybe it was because it was dark... Then, I somehow made it back, and that alien showed up, and then my cart flew up into the air! Toward the moon, like, whoosh!

Edgeworth: Wait a moment. What did you say just now? Go back to it again.

Larry: Go back? Umm...

*rewind*

Larry: Edgeyyyy!! Help meee!!

Edgeworth: You went too far back! That's the very beginning!

Larry: Huh? Then what?

Edgeworth: The hot dog stand. Where did you say it flew off to?

Larry: I said toward the moon. Yesterday was a full moon, wasn't it?

Edgeworth: Strange... That is a contradiction!

Larry: Contradiction!? What of? Hey, I'm not lying here!

Kay: Contradiction? But in the record, it says it was a full moon yesterday.

Lang: Mr. Prosecutor. Just what are you pulling?

Edgeworth: Larry. You just said you got lost because it was dark. Did you really get lost because of that?

Larry: Eh? What do you mean?

Edgeworth: If the full moon was out, I wouldn't think your surroundings would be that dark.

von Karma: Ah, yes, that is true.

Lang: The moonlight is pretty bright, after all. Even more so when it's a full moon.

Edgeworth: Last night was a full moon. It's likely your surroundings were lit well enough. Yet, when we asked him why he got lost, he replied at once that it was because it was dark. Why would he come to that answer...?

Larry: Why...? But it really was dark. Before I went to the toilet, while I was working at the stand, I had trouble seeing my own hand.

von Karma: You couldn't see your own hand?

Larry: Yeah, I'm sure of it... Ah, I remember now. While my stand was still there, it really was dark!

Gumshoe: But there was the light from the full moon yesterday.

Kay: Hmm, it sure is a contradiction.

Edgeworth: Larry testified that it was dark yesterday, and yet, it's fact that yesterday was a full moon. These two points lead to only one answer!

Spoiler: Ep 3
Edgeworth: Larry testified that last night was dark. Combined with the fact yesterday was a full moon... The place he left to go to the bathroom was dark; the place he returned to was well lit. Therefore, that must be the answer.

Larry: Eh? What? What must be the answer?

Lang: So, that's the answer, huh?

Edgeworth: Agent Lang has figured it out too, I see. Yes, in other words, the place Larry left, and the place he returned to, were different places entirely.

Gumshoe: He returned to someplace different!?

Edgeworth: Most likely, after Larry got himself lost, he eventually ended up at another location.

Larry: Hey! What the heck, man! I'm not that much of a bungler!

von Karma: It's because you have no self-awareness.

Edgeworth: It's also because the scenery around the lake is rather bland. There are few landmarks to use, so it's easy to become lost at night.

von Karma: That is possible, especially so for this man.

Lang: Not so fast!
If the place he returned to was different, what happened to the cart?

Larry: Yeah, that's right, Edgeworth! My cart was still there where I left it. What, did it just move somewhere else on its own?

Kay: He has a point. It is a little weird. He may have ended up at the wrong place, but how did the cart get there?

Edgeworth: Hm. I don't have the answer to that yet, but there must be some contradiction behind it.

Kay: In that case, let's all split up and look around!

Edgeworth: Very well. Agent Lang will go with Detective Gumshoe, and Franziska will go with Kay in the search.

Larry: Huh? What about me?

Edgeworth: You're coming with me.

Larry: Why do I have to go with you!? I'd much better show Kay and Franny my full potential!

Edgeworth: Don't complain. It's to look for your stand.

Larry: Tch... Kay, Franny, we'll meet up again later~!

von Karma: If anyone finds anything, let us know at once.

Gumshoe: Good luck with the search!

Lang: Leave the investigation to us!

Kay: Okay, let's get going!

2:20

Larry: Hmm... still haven't found it. Where did it go?

Edgeworth: Something still bothers me. Was the stand really found at a different place or not...?

Larry: So, the UFO didn't move it?

Edgeworth: Hmph, that's ridiculous.

Larry: But ya know, if it wasn't for that UFO, I wouldn't keep losing my stands.

Edgeworth: Keep losing? What do you mean?

Larry: Huh? Didn't I mention it? The stand that was stolen was a second one. It even had the same Samurai Dog design.

Edgeworth: What? The second one? Hold it right there!

Larry: What? What's wrong?

Edgeworth: The stolen stand was a second one. So, there are two separate stands...

*shwing*

Edgeworth: That's it!

Larry: You figured something out?

Edgeworth: Yes. I know where your stand may be.

Larry: Wha!? Where, where!?

Edgeworth: Your stand wasn't stolen in the first place. The other one was.

Larry: Huh? What are you talking about?

Edgeworth: Last night, when you became lost on your way back from the restrooms, you found that stand and believed you returned to the right place. However, that stand wasn't the one. Because it was there, you mistook where it was for where you had been.

Larry: It wasn't mine? Then, whose was it?

Edgeworth: The thieves'.

Larry: Huh? The thieves'?

Edgeworth: Most likely. They may have set it here in preparation of their transaction, but because of the event taking place at Gourd Lake, security has become tight. To avoid suspicion, they had to move a large amount of jewelry somewhere, and a hot dog stand was a convenient place to store them. There would be plenty of these stalls around for this event, and as it turned out, they're scattered everywhere.

Larry: So it's like hiding a tree in a forest, right?

Edgeworth: And then, your unlucky self just happened to wander onto the scene of their plot.

Larry: What the? Then, the one that flew into the air wasn't mine? Oh, but I really saw that thing fly. What was that about?

Edgeworth: That, I don't know yet.

Larry: Ah, well! I'm not complaining as long as we find my stand. So, where is it?

Edgeworth: It should still be where you left it.

Larry: Where I left it... so where's that?

Edgeworth: If you knew, you wouldn't get lost, would you...? Alright. For it to be a dimly lit area, it has to be somewhere where the moonlight couldn't reach. It would be a place where the moon overhead would be covered...

*shwing*

Edgeworth: So, it must be there!

5:21

Larry: Oh, I get it. It's pretty dim on this side 'cause the trees around here are so thick.

Edgeworth: This area has many tall trees. Among them is this camphor tree. Since it's an evergreen tree, even in this season, its leaves haven't fallen.

Larry: Aha, so with all these leaves bunched up there, you can't see the sky from here.

Edgeworth: You can't see the moon from here either, so it's why it was so dark you couldn't see your own hand. And this is the only spot in the park where these evergreen trees grow so close. I figured your stand would be somewhere here.

Larry: I see~! As expected of you, Edgeworth. Come on, let's hurry up and find it! I still have work to do.

Edgeworth: You sure seem enthusiastic about it, working so late into the night.

Larry: Yeah, well~ those are the crossroads of life!

Edgeworth: Crossroads... of life?

Larry: Eheheh, it's still a s-e-c-r-e-t! Soon enough, I'll leave it to you to make that speech...

Edgeworth: Speech? For what?

Larry: Oops, I said too much. L-let's just hurry and find it already.

*ring*

Oh, I'm ringing. Ah, Mabel! Hello, it's me. What's up?

Edgeworth: You're rather lax about searching for your stand. Hey, Larry, I'll go on ahead.

Larry: Hm? Now? Of course, I'm completely fine with it!

Edgeworth: Why do I bother...

Larry: Huh? Why? Hey, wait, at least let me know why. I don't get it... What?

7:14

Edgeworth: Was it taken by someone? But, who would take a cart...?
Hm? That's...

*trot*

It's a cart. "Samurai Dogs"... There's no mistaking it. This is where Larry was.
...Hmph. And he's still busy talking on the phone? Just to make sure...

*grapple*

!? Let go! Who are you!?

*smack*

Spoiler: Ep 4
Kay: Mr. Edgeworth! Mr. Edgeworth, come on!

Gumshoe: He's coming to, pal!

Lang: Hey, Mr. Prosecutor.

Edgeworth: Where am I?

Larry: Y-you okay, Edgey?

Edgeworth: Yeah. It seems someone attacked me from behind.

Larry: When I showed up, you were already down.

Edgeworth: I was pinned and strangled from behind. During our struggle, I was struck on the head and thus lost consciousness.

von Karma: Are you alright?

Edgeworth: Yes, somehow.

Kay: Who did this to you? The criminal?

Edgeworth: N-no, I was suddenly attacked from behind. Larry, didn't you see anyone?

Larry: Huh? M-me? N-nope, nothing at all.

Edgeworth: What are you stammering about?

Larry: N-n-nothing! Anyway, I didn't see anyone. When I hurried over, you were already down. Aah! Maybe it's the work of the alien!

Edgeworth: The alien? Wait, what happened to the stand?

Gumshoe: We didn't find one, sir.

von Karma: Did you find it? How?

Edgeworth: Well...

1:39

Lang: So that's it. There were two stands after all.

Edgeworth:
The one that disappeared last night belonged to the thieves. I deduced that

Larry's was where he last left it, and I'm sure I found it here.

Gumshoe: But there's nothing here anymore, sir.

Larry: Y-yeah, when I came, there wasn't anything.

Edgeworth: Which means, someone had taken it away. If they had used a push car, it certainly wouldn't be too difficult to move it, but just who would...?

Gumshoe: Maybe the one who struck you, sir?

Edgeworth: Yes, I naturally thought so too.

Kay: But who could it be?

Lang: It could even be someone connected to the jewelry thieves.

Larry: Eh!?

Edgeworth: Larry, when you found me, did you really not see anyone?

Larry: U-um... ah, yeah, about that, I think I did see a shadow of someone running away.

Edgeworth: That's strange.

Larry: Huh? What is?

Edgeworth: Just earlier you said you didn't see anyone.

Larry: Oh, d-did I?

Lang: Something's fishy here.

von Karma: Indeed.

Larry: Wai-wai-wai-wait, there's nothing f-f-fishy about it at all!

Kay: He sure is stammering a lot.

Gumshoe: And getting more suspicious by the minute, pal!

Larry: Wh-why's everyone giving me that look like I'm the bad guy here?

Edgeworth: Larry, what are you hiding?

Larry: *twitch* I-I'm not hiding anything!

von Karma: So very suspicious. You couldn't really be a member of those thieves, could you?

Larry: Wha!? Why would I!?

von Karma: Speaking of suspicious, what's stranger than a hot dog stand being stolen by aliens? It's not inconceivable he's attempting to confuse our investigation by giving us impossible testimony.

Larry: I wouldn't do anything like that! I don't know about any jewels!

Lang: Just to be sure, we're gonna give you a full-body search.

Larry: B-but I'm not hiding anything!

*glint*

Edgeworth: This is...

Kay: It's a ring, isn't it!?

Gumshoe: Could it be one of the stolen goods!?

Lang: Let me see that... Hm? This is...!

von Karma: It looks like one of the stolen jewels.

Kay: Eeeh!? Larry, why did you... No way...

Gumshoe: *glare*

Larry: Why is everyone looking at me like that!? Y-you're wrong! That ring's got nothing to do with it! Edgeworth, say something!

Edgeworth: It's what you deserve for giving such shoddy testimony.

Larry: Don't give me that! Do something!

Edgeworth: If it's you, then I suppose I'll have to.

von Karma: So, can you prove this fool's innocence?

Edgeworth: Yes. Allow me to show you.

4:34

*rebuttal*

Edgeworth: First of all, on what grounds do you suppose Larry to be the criminal?

von Karma: It's his testimony that's confused the investigation, not to mention the ring we found on him. It's all highly suspicious.

Edgeworth: Hold it!
Yes, Yahari's testimony is certainly nonsensical. However, if he is indeed a

member of that group of criminals, would he really have needed to come and give

false testimony to me, a prosecutor? If he would just stay quiet, I would never

know he was even involved.

von Karma: Objection!
It's to obstruct the investigation. By giving that false testimony and confusing

us, he may be trying to stall for time.

Edgeworth: And for what?

von Karma: To make sure the jewels have been moved to a safe place, of course.

Edgeworth: Mmph... And yet, it was Larry's actual stand that disappeared this time. Recall that the cart the thieves used the other one to hide their spoils.

Lang: Not so fast!
If that guy's one of those thieves, that entire premise is overturned. It's only

natural to think he hid the loot in his own cart.

Edgeworth: Grk... It's no good. There's no room for error in their reasoning. If this keeps up, I won't be able to overturn their suspicion of Yahari. Not to mention, I don't have proof otherwise...

Larry: N-no way! I really don't know anything about it! I just didn't want anyone to find that cart! ...Ah!

Edgeworth: What? Just what do you mean by that?

Larry: I, um... I'm not talking! I dun wanna say it!

von Karma: So now it's come to this.

*whip*

Larry: Eek! 'Cause it's embarrassing!

Edgeworth: You think this is the time to be embarrassed!?

Larry: I can't help being embarrassed by something that's embarrassing!

Edgeworth: What an unreasonably stubborn guy. But, now I understand what your attitude just earlier was about. If you're not talking, then I'll just have to explain it myself.

Larry: Eh?

Edgeworth: You aren't a member of those thieves. However, the one who snatched away the stand I found was none other than you!

Larry: Eep!

Kay: Huh!? Then, the one who attacked you was Larry!?

Larry: I-I didn't mean to attack him! I just thought that it'd be bad if that stand was found! When I tried to cover his eyes, I accidentally knocked him over.

von Karma: And so, he tumbled over and hit his head on a rock, and that's why he fainted?

Gumshoe: But why did that even happen?

Edgeworth: He didn't want that cart to be found.

Lang: Then it wasn't one of the stolen goods, huh?

von Karma: You mean that ring, yes?

Edgeworth: No, it was not one of them. It is a present for someone called Mabel or something like that.

Larry: Ack! Edgeworth, how did you...?

Edgeworth: Mabel was the one who called you just earlier. She called to break up with you, didn't she?

Gumshoe: You were being dumped, pal!?

Larry: Aaaaaaaaaah!

Lang: Looks like a bulls-eye.

Edgeworth: Larry planned to propose to her, so that ring must have been an engagement ring.

Larry: H-how do you know so much?

Edgeworth: Earlier, you mentioned that you might ask me to give a speech. Did you mean a wedding speech, perhaps? In that case, everything ties together. And it couldn't just have been a ring you were storing in the stand, or else you wouldn't have spent so much time working on it. But, once that call came in and she dumped you, all that work had to disappear. Or rather, had to be hidden. That's why you hid the stand altogether.

Larry: Eegh...! You figured out even that much... Edgeworth, you're terrifying.

Kay: Aha, so the culprit WAS Larry, but it was for a matter unrelated to the other case.

von Karma: A false alarm...

Kay: Larry, why did she dump you?

Larry: That's what I want to know! Waaaaaaaah...

Edgeworth: You'll have time to cry later! Where did you move the stand?

Larry: *sniff* Over there.

Edgeworth: Alright. Let's go have a look.

9:20

Kay: Ah, there it is! It's the stand!

Edgeworth: Are you sure this is it?

Larry: I'm sure.

Gumshoe: He sounds kinda like a suspect.

von Karma: Wait a moment. Let's check it... Hm, these do seem to be ordinary hot dogs.

Lang: As I thought, the thieves' treasure was on another stand.

von Karma: The bomb may also be there.

Gumshoe: Oh yeah, the bomb hasn't been found yet. Talk about dangerous, sir!

Kay: Huh? Gummy, what's that you got there? A bag?

Edgeworth: I don't recall you having that earlier.

Gumshoe: I found it over there just now, sir. I thought it was something sent to the police box, and I should take it in.

Lang: You're a police officer too, you know. How about checking what's inside?

Gumshoe: Oh, now that you mention it, I am. Okay, I'll open it up!

*zip*

Gumshoe: Huh? I think I've seen this somewhere before...

Kay: Ooh, let me see!... Aaaah! Isn't this dynamite!?

Edgeworth: What!? What's something like that doing in here?

von Karma: Th-that's the bomb I've been searching for. The one the thieves use.

Gumshoe: D-d-dynamite!? What do we do with this!? I-it's gonna blooow!!

Edgeworth: Settle down, Detective Gumshoe! If it's not lit, it won't explode.

von Karma: That's right. First of all, it was left in a bag, on top of that cart.

Gumshoe: M-my hands are sh-shaking, sir... Ah! Th-the bag got caught on some kind of lever!

Larry: That's not good!

Gumshoe: F-fire!!

Larry: I told you it wasn't good!!

von Karma: Why is there fire coming from here of all places!?

Lang: The dynamite's been lit!

Edgeworth: Leave it, let's get out of here!

Larry: Aaaaaaaaaah!!

*boom*

Spoiler: Ep 5
Kay: Eeeeeeek!

Larry: Waaaaaah!

Edgeworth: ...I-is everyone alright?

von Karma: I think so...

Kay: *cough* It looks like everyone's still alive!

Lang: What was that fire?

Larry: It was the fireworks I set up for...

Lang: Fireworks? ...Ah? What's all this?

von Karma: It's the fireworks.

Kay: Whoooa, so pretty!

Gumshoe: Ah, fireworks in the winter sure are nice, pal. But why were there fireworks in the cart?

Larry: Stop! Please stop it! This can't be happeniiiiinnngg!

Edgeworth: Larry, what are you panicking about now?

Kay: Huh? Now the fireworks are forming words.

Gumshoe: Uh, "I Love M, a, b..."

von Karma:
It says "I Love Mabel".

Lang: What the hell is this?

Larry: Waahahaaaah...

Kay: M...A...R...K... Mark y me? Sounds like a code! Do we have to solve it to get it?

Edgeworth: No, I believe that's meant to be an 'R'. It says, 'Marry me'.

Lang: Huh, he mixed up one R with a K, but not the other.

Larry: *sob* Please make it stooop!

von Karma: So this was how he was intending to propose?

Larry: I prepared all this so I could propose to Mabel during the fair!

Gumshoe: So this was what you were hiding, pal?

Kay: And before he could show it, he got dumped. Poor guy.

Larry: ...I can't take this anymore...

von Karma: Stop bothering us with these foolish little ventures of yours!

*whip*

Larry: Eek! I didn't mean to!!

Gumshoe: Considering he's practically dead from emotional trauma, this is literally whipping the dead!

Larry: Tell me about it! I've lost my love and now my stand. I just don't know what to do anymore...

Edgeworth: If it's the stand you're worried about, I'd say there would still be one around, wouldn't you?

Larry: Huh? Where?

Edgeworth: Detective Gumshoe, there must be signs left from the crane car around the lake. Look for it.

Larry: Why the crane?

Kay: Wait, so, I was right!? The cart really did transform into a crane!

Edgeworth: No.

Kay: Aw, I'm wrong?

Larry: Then where is it?

Edgeworth: At the bottom of this lake.

3:00

Kay: Ah! It's the stand! It really was down there!

Edgeworth: As I figured, the jewels were hidden at the bottom of the lake.

von Karma: It's the thieves' stand, isn't it?

Edgeworth: Yes, it is. When the Interpol were close to discovering it, they must have hurried and submerged it into the lake.

Gumshoe: So they didn't send it off into the air, huh?

Larry: But, I swear I saw it. It flew up into the air.

Edgeworth: It's true that it did move upward for a moment. But that was to submerge it.

Gumshoe: What do you mean, sir?

Lang: Ah, that's where the crane comes in.

Edgeworth: That's correct. From the outset, the stolen jewels were hidden at the bottom of the lake. To complete their transaction, they would have had to pull it back up. That was what the crane was used for.

Larry: So it was that crane that I saw?

von Karma: The tank used for diving and the wetsuit were used for that purpose, I see.

Edgeworth: To use the crane wire to pull up the jewels at the lake bottom, there had to be someone to dive for them.

Larry: Then, what about the alien I saw...?

Edgeworth: It was the diver that emerged from the water.

Kay: The shiny and slippery black body was the wetsuit, and the huge eyes were the underwater mask, huh?

Edgeworth: And its voice was made by using the gas mixture with helium in it to make it sound higher.

von Karma: Confusing a diver for an alien, you truly are one annoying fool!

*whip*

Larry: Eek! But that's just what I saw!

Edgeworth: It must have been because of the silhouette cast by the full moon's light. Moreover, he was struck by one of the thieves and fell unconscious.

Larry: Eh? Someone knocked me out?

Edgeworth: Feel the back of your head.

Larry: My head? Wha!? Th-there's a bump!

Lang: What an astounding guy. You didn't even notice it until now?

Larry: I did think my head hurt a bit.

Kay: But Mr. Edgeworth, how did you figure out he was hit?

Edgeworth: Everyone must have noticed the swelling on the back of his head.

Gumshoe: Oh yeah, he was freaking out and telling us to take that chip out of his head.

Edgeworth: Yes, since he kept panicking about having 'a chip planted in it', he missed the real cause entirely. Aliens don't exist, so couldn't have a chip in his head. If we assume that it's only a bump, then it's clear enough. Simplicity is the answer.

Gumshoe: I see.

Edgeworth: Furthermore, it wouldn't make sense for him to faint purely at the sight of the aliens, no matter if he was shocked by them. He's not that delicate of a person.

Larry: Why not!? I'm plenty naive!

von Karma: He certainly had a delicate way of proposing.

Larry: Please don't bring that up again!

Edgeworth: If we put together the swelling and the fact that he fainted, we can easily deduce that he lost consciousness due to a blow to the head. And just before he lost consciousness, he claimed to have seen a UFO fleet.

Larry: Yeah, you're right. I really did see it. That's why I thought the diver was an alien.

Edgeworth: You have it backwards. It's because you thought you saw an alien that you mistook the blinking in your vision as the flickering of a spaceship.

Lang: The blinking in his vision? What are you talking about?

Edgeworth: It's what's known as "seeing stars" upon being hit. When this idiot knocked me over and I hit my head on that rock, I saw them too.

Larry: Don't bring that up anymore either! I said I was sorry!

von Karma: Unbelievable. Are you saying he mistook that for a UFO?

Kay: That sure sounds like Larry!

Larry: Eh~? Really?

Edgeworth: It's not a compliment.

Larry: Then, could I have that stand? That way, I'd have one to set up for the fair.

Edgeworth: What are you talking about? That stand was yours to begin with.

Larry: Wha? Mine?

Edgeworth: The first one to be stolen was that very stand. There aren't too many Steel Samurai Dog stands around, after all.

Larry: Oh, so it was mine all along?

Kay: Isn't that great, Larry?

Larry: Alright, with this, I'll turn over a new leaf and sell those Samurai Dogs like crazy! And find new love while I'm at it!

Edgeworth: Don't get worked up over nothing! Now, go home. It's going to be completely dark soon.

Kay: Guess this pretty much ruined your day off.

Edgeworth: We've uncovered the truth yet again. That's good enough for me. It's my job, after all.

End

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: GK2 CD Drama (Full playlist available)Topic%20Title

Thanks! It looks the playlist is private or the link is broken, though

Now it's public. I was just testing out the privacy option. It's too bad Soundcloud doesn't have an "unlisted" option like on Youtube, but oh well.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

迷探偵

I might help with editing, but not really interested in main translation. But to bring a present from the past (i.e. the old forum): the scripts for the first two episodes (thanks to JapaneseGIRL). There's an old, very rough translation of the first episode by me in that old topic too; it's not a good translation, IIRC (so long ago!), but people can use it for reference if they want.

No. 1 (Dec. 24 2010)

Spoiler:
逆転検事2 宇宙からの逆転!?第1話

0:12
ヤハリ
あー、あったあった、オレの屋台。どこに行ったかと思ったよ。
それにしても冷えてきたな。トイレも近くなる訳だって。
けど、この矢張様は、この程度では音をあげないぜ。なにしろオレは、今回のイベント中にミハルに‥‥へへへ
へへ。
ん? あれ、月が出てるや。さっきまで、真っ暗だったのに。
ん? ‥‥風かな。なんか、気味悪くなってきちゃったな。もう遅いし、あとは明日にしてそろそろ帰るかな。

うわっ! な、なんだ!?
な、なんだよ、何の音!?
だ、誰か、居る?
あっ!

???
あー‥‥あー‥‥

ヤハリ
ひえっ! う、宇宙人‥‥さん?

???
そ、そうだ。我々は、宇宙よりの使者。

ヤハリ
で、出たー!
や、や、や、屋台が、とととと、飛んでる!
ゆ、UFOだ‥‥UFOが屋台を‥‥ぎゃー!

ミツルギ
今日はなかなか良い天気だな。

ミクモ
ずいぶん暖かくなってきましたよね。
ミツルギさん、今日は暇なんですか?

ミツルギ
うム。今日は特に、・#092;定はない。
ひさしぶりに、ゆっくりできそうだ。

2:14
ミツルギ
ん? この音は‥‥
イヤな・#092;感がするな。
ミクモくん。執務室のドアに、鍵をかけてくれたまえ。

ミクモ
あ、はい。

(ドア開く)

ミクモ
お!

ヤハリ
御剣ィィ!(echo)
助けてくれ!

ミツルギ
遅かったか‥‥

ミクモ
矢張さんでしたか。‥‥うおっ!

ヤハリ
ミクモちゃーん。今日もかわいいねえ!
って、それどころじゃなかった。
御剣、聞いてくれよ。宇宙人に屋台を取られちゃったんだよ!

ミツルギ
宇宙人だと?
フン、何をバカなことを。

ヤハリ
本当なんだって!
とにかく、聞いてくれよ。

ミツルギ
うム。ひどい顔をしているな。

ヤハリ
そりゃ、ひどい顔にもなるって!
聞いてくれよ!

ミツルギ
聞かなくとも、キサマがまた厄介事に巻き込まれたというのは、その顔を見ればよく分かる。

ヤハリ
そうだろ? 分かるだろ?
とうとうオレ、宇宙人に狙われちゃったんだよ!

ミクモ
う、宇宙人‥‥
(小声で)矢張さん、病院に連れて行ったほうが良いんじゃ‥‥

ミツルギ
大丈夫だ、ミクモくん。
とにかく、話は聞いてやろう。

ヤハリ
聞いてくれるか、親友!
やっぱ、持つべきものは友達だな!

ミツルギ
いいから、早く話せ!
あまり時間は取れないかもしれん。

ヤハリ
そうなのか? じゃあ、話すけどさ。
今度のイベントでさ、とのさまんじゅうの屋台を出そうと思って、昨日の夜中まで準備してたんだよ、オレ。

ミクモ
イベント?
ああ、ひょうたん湖公園でやるやつですね?

ヤハリ
そう。オレ、そこでやる屋台に、人生賭けてたんだよ。
なのに、その大事な屋台を、宇宙人に持って行かれちゃったんだ!

ミツルギ
宇宙人、宇宙人と、さっきからバカなことを。
そんなもの、居るわけがないだろう。

ヤハリ
いや、それが居たんだって! UFOも!

ミクモ
矢張さん、UFO見たんですか! いいなあ! かっこ良かったですか?
‥‥なんて、言っている場合じゃないですよね。へへ。

ミツルギ
宇宙人やらUFOやらというのはともかく、矢張の屋台は、何者かに盗まれたのだな。

ヤハリ
そうなんだよ! 犯人は、地球外生命体だぞ!

ミツルギ
まったく‥‥どうしてこう、厄介事に巻き込まれるのか‥‥。
相変わらず間の悪い男だ。
“事件のカゲに、やっぱり矢張”と言われ続けているだけはある。

ヤハリ
とにかくなんとかしてくれよ!
オレ、あの屋台が戻ってこなかったら、ヤケになっちゃうからな!
宇宙人を見たって言いふらして、有名になってやる!

ミツルギ
フッ‥‥やれやれ。休日は、どうやらおあずけのようだな。

ミクモ
うわあ、ひょうたん湖公園はもう、お祭り気分ですね!
いろんな屋台が出てますよ!
あー‥‥でも、まだ準備中みたいです。本番になったら、絶対来よう!

イトノコ
大きなイベントッスからねえ! 結・#092;人が集まってるッス。
自分たち警察も、警備でかなり気合が入ってるッスよ。

ミツルギ
イトノコギリ刑事まで出てくるほどのことではなかったのだが‥‥

イトノコ
とんでもないッス! 自分、御剣検事の部下ッスから。
でも、宇宙人に盗まれた屋台を見つけるなんて、また厄介な事件ッスねえ。

ミツルギ
厄介なのは、この男だ。

ヤハリ
オレ? へへへ、照れるなあ。

ミツルギ
褒めてなどいない。
で? 屋台を盗まれたのは、このあたりなのか?

ヤハリ
うーん、多分、そうかな。
なにしろ暗かったし、トイレに行って戻るのにも迷ったくらいだから。

ミツルギ
では矢張、もう一度、その時の状況を説明してもらおう。

ヤハリ
だからさ、今度のイベントの時に、とのさまんじゅうの屋台を出そうと思って、その準備をしていたんだよ。
もう日にちがないから、根を詰めてたら、深夜になっちゃってさ。

イトノコ
そんなに遅くまで頑張ってたッスか。

ヤハリ
そりゃ頑張っちゃうよ。だってこれもミハルの‥‥

ミクモ
ミハル?

ヤハリ
あー、なんでもない、なんでもない。

ミツルギ
隠し事は困る!
まあ、どうせまた、ろくでもないことだろうがな。
それから? どうしたのだ?

ヤハリ
それでさ、さすがに疲れたんで、休憩しようと思って。
ついでに、トイレにでも行っておこうと思ってさ。
公園のトイレに行ったんだよ。

ミクモ
その帰りに迷ったんですね。
公園のトイレって?

イトノコ
歩いて1、2分のところッス。

ミクモ
え? そんな近くで迷ったんですか?

ミツルギ
この男なら、ありえるだろうな。

ヤハリ
なんだよ、その言い方! 傷付くだろ!
さっきも言ったけど、暗かったし、周りは木ばっかりで同じような風景だから、分かりにくかったんだよ。

イトノコ
それで、戻ったら屋台はなかったッスか。

ヤハリ
ああ、いや、その時はまだあったんだよ。
屋台があったから、ああ、ここだなって分かって、戻れたんだし。

7:15
ミツルギ
屋台を目印に戻ったわけか。

ミクモ
で、宇宙人はいつ現れたんですか?

ヤハリ
戻ってすぐだよ。
なんか、ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴって、変な音が聞こえてきてさ。
何かと思って振り返ったら、すぐそこに宇宙人が立っていたんだ。

ミツルギ
変な音‥‥か。

ミクモ
どんな宇宙人だったんですか?

ヤハリ
いやー、逆光で、影になってよく見えなかったんだけどさ。
こう、黒っぽい、ツルツルした感じの肌で、目が異様に大きかったぜ。

イトノコ
あー! じ、自分もそれ、見たことあるッス! テレビで!

ヤハリ
で、いきなり屋台が浮かび上がって、空に飛んでいっちゃったんだよ。その時、空に光る物体がいくつも見えて
さ。

イトノコ
ゆ、UFOが吸い上げたッスかね?

ミツルギ
UFOなどあり得ん。

ヤハリ
御剣は頭が固いなあ。これからはもっと広い宇宙意識を持たないと、時代に遅れちゃうぜ。

ミツルギ
何が宇宙意識だ。宇宙意識を持った崇高な生命体が、まんじゅうの屋台を盗むのか?

ヤハリ
それは‥‥何か、止むに止まれぬ事情があったんじゃないか?

ミツルギ
そもそも、泥棒がUFOならば、屋台を取り返すのは不可・#092;だ。
宇宙に持っていかれたものは、どうやっても手を出せないからな。
それでも良いのか?

ヤハリ
そりゃ、良くないけど‥‥
でも、オレは本当に見たんだぜ。
こう‥‥屋台が、月に向かって飛んでいくのを!

ミクモ
月に向かって‥‥
あ、そういえば、昨日は満月でしたね。

ヤハリ
そうそう。まんまるの月に向かって、屋台が飛んでったんだ。あれはどう説明するんだよ!

ミツルギ
うム‥‥それは、まだ分からん。
だが、どこかにムジュンがあるはずだ。
その屋台は、空に浮き上がったあと、どうなったのだ?

ヤハリ
それは‥‥そのあとはオレ、見てないんだよ。

ミツルギ
見ていない?

ヤハリ
そのあと、オレ、気を失っちゃってさ。

イトノコ
宇宙人とUFOをセットで目撃したら、気絶するのも無理ないッス。

ミクモ
宇宙人に何かされたんじゃないですか?

ヤハリ
そういえば、あれからちょっと、頭が痛いんだよな。

イトノコ
自分、テレビで見たことがあるッス! 宇宙人に捕まった人は、みんな体にチップを埋めこまれてしまうッスよ

ミクモ
じゃあ、矢張さんの頭にも、チップ入れられちゃったんじゃないですか!?
そういえば、ちょっと頭の後ろが、もり上がっているような‥‥

ミツルギ
頭の後ろが?
うム。なるほど。

ヤハリ
ま、マジで?
御剣、やべえよ! オレ、操られちまうぜ! 早く取ってくれ、ほら!

ミツルギ
騒ぐな!
それより、一つ確かめたいことがある。

イトノコ
何か、気になることでもあるッスか?

ミツルギ
昨夜のこのあたりの天気を確かめたい。

ミクモ
天気ですか?
それなら、わたしが調べてきますよ!

ヤハリ
でも、昨日の夜なら、ずっと晴れてたぞ。雨も降らなかったし、星も見えていたからな。

ミツルギ
念のため、公式な情報と照合しておきたい。
イトノコギリ刑事は、他に目撃者が居ないか、探してほしい。

イトノコ
了解ッス! 探してくるッスよ!

ミクモ
調べてきました!
ミツルギさん、昨日のこのへんの天気は、ずっと晴れでした。
雲もほとんど出ていない、快晴だったようですよ。

ヤハリ
ほらな。オレの言った通りだろ。

ミツルギ
だが、それではムジュンが生まれてしまうのだ。

ミクモ
ムジュン? 一体何がムジュンなんですか?

ミツルギ
それは‥‥

イトノコ
御剣検事!
怪しい男が見つかったッス!

ミツルギ
怪しい男だと? 何者だ。

イトノコ
それが‥‥

ロウ
狼子、曰く‥‥狼家を疑う者には、狼の呪いが振りかかる! だぜ。

ミツルギ
ロウ捜査官!

ロウ
検事さん。これはいったい、どういうことなんだ?
いきなり人を容疑者扱いとはよ!

ミツルギ
怪しい男というのは、ロウ捜査官だったのか。

イトノコ
昨日の夜、この付近でロウ捜査官を見たって人が居るッス。

ロウ
いったい、何の捜査だ。

ミツルギ
実は、この男がまた厄介事に巻き込まれたようでな。

ヤハリ
とんでもねえ事件に巻き込まれちまったんだよ!

ロウ
なるほどね。確かに、面・#124;なことに巻き込まれているらしいな。

イトノコ
宇宙人に屋台を盗まれたッス!

ミツルギ
と、いうわけで、少し協力して欲しい。
ロウ捜査官。昨夜はここで何を?

ロウ
昨夜は捜査中だった。

ミツルギ
捜査?

ロウ
国際的な宝石窃盗団が、近々大規模な取引を行うという情報があってな。その捜査中だったんだ。
ダイナマイトを使う荒っぽい連中でな。オレたちはそいつらをずっと追っていた。

ミツルギ
捕まえたのか?

ロウ
ああ、犯人たちはな。だが、肝心の宝石が出てこねえ。
証拠がないのを良いことに、奴ら、容疑を認めないでいやがる。いったいどこに隠しやがったのか‥‥

ミクモ
ふーん。じゃあロウさんは、昨日ここに居たんですね。何か見てませんか?

ロウ
残念だが、オレは宇宙人もUFOも見てねえな。居たならオレもぜひお目にかかりたかったものだが。

ヤハリ
もしかして、宝石も宇宙人が持っていったんじゃないか?

ロウ
宇宙人が宝石をか?
ハッハッハッハ! だとしたら、お手上げだなあ!

ミツルギ
‥‥いや。笑い話ではないかもしれんな。

ロウ
何?

ミクモ
どういうこと?
まさか、宝石泥棒は宇宙人だったってことですか?

to be continued...

No. 2 (Jan. 14 2011)
Spoiler:
ミクモ
宝石泥棒は宇宙人だったってことですか?

ミツルギ
いや、そうではない。
だが、昨夜同じ場所で、二つの物が消えた。
この二つ、何か繋がりがあるのではないだろうか?
その繋がりを無視することはできん。

ロウ
なるほどな。
確かに検事さん、アンタの言う通りかもな。
狼子、曰く! “穴二つあれども、ムジナは二匹とは限らない”ってな。
二つの事件は繋がっている可�\性があるってことだ。

イトノコ
屋台泥棒と、宝石泥棒がッスか?

ミツルギ
ロウ捜査官、そういうことだ。
できれば、こちらの捜索にも手を貸してもらえるとありがたい。

ロウ
ハッ、そういうことなら仕方ねえ。
そっちもずいぶん厄介なことに巻き込まれているようだしな。
それに、こっちの事件と繋がっている可�\性があるな。調べる価値はある。

ミツルギ
感謝する。

ヤハリ
みんな‥‥
みんなが、オレのために協力してくれる‥‥!
持つべきものは、やっぱり友達だよなあ!

ロウ
アンタと友になったつもりは、ないがな。

ミツルギ
では、早速付近を捜索しよう。

イトノコ
おーい、屋台ー! 出てくるッスー!

ミツルギ
刑事! 犬や猫を探しているのではないのだぞ。

カルマ
本当に宝石窃盗団に関係のある事件なんでしょうね?

ミクモ
あれ、ムチのおねえさん!

ミツルギ
何故狩魔検事まで‥‥

ヤハリ
メイちゃん! もしかして、オレのために来てくれたの?

(ムチの音)

ヤハリ
ひい!

カルマ
宝石窃盗団の事件は私の担当なだけよ。

ミツルギ
そうだったのか。

カルマ
奴ら、爆弾を使った荒っぽい手口の強盗団でね。まだその爆弾が見つかっていないのよ。
私はそれを探しているの。

ロウ
そういうこった。ま、仲良くやろうぜ。

ミクモ
あ、人が居ますよ! 昨日のこと、聞いてみましょう!
すみませーん! ちょっと、聞きたいんですけど!
昨日ここで、何か変わった‥‥

???
なんだい?

ヤハリ
だーっ、宇宙人!

ミツルギ
いや、これは‥‥!

???
あらミッちゃん、オバチャンのこと追いかけてきてくれたのかい?
オバチャンをそんなに喜ばせてどうするつもりだい?
‥‥って、この声は何なんだい?

ヤハリ
なんだ、オバチャンじゃん。

ミツルギ
ま、またあなたか! 何故こんなところに!

オバチャン
あー、あー、あーあーあーあー。
ああ、治ったよ。
なんか変なガス吸っちゃってさ。

ミクモ
ガス?

オバチャン
これなんだけどさ。

ミツルギ
これは、混合ガスだ。水深の深い場所や、長時間のダイビングにダイバーが使うものだな。
ヘリウムが含まれているので、声が変わるのだ。

オバチャン
ミッちゃん、まさかこんな所で会えるとは運命だねェ!
愛のキューピッドがオバチャンとミッちゃんを引きあわせてくれたんだョ。
離れていても、二人は磁石のように引き寄せ合うのさ。

ミツルギ
そ、その格好は、何なのだろうか。

オバチャン
ウェットスーツってやつじゃないのかい。
今日の衣装らしいんだよ。

ヤハリ
なんだ、仕事か。

オバチャン
仕事じゃなきゃ、オバチャンこんな服着ないョ。
�\ある鷹は爪を隠すってね。
オバチャンの美しいボディラインはそうそう見せびらかすものじゃないんだョ。
ま、ミッちゃんが見たいって言うんなら見せてあげなくもないけどネ!
ミッちゃんとオバチャンだけの秘密にしてくれるならいくらでも見せてあげるョ!
二人だけの秘密ってなんだかドキドキしちゃうネ! じゃあちょっとだけ見てみるかい?

ミツルギ
いいや! それは、結�\だ!

オバチャン
相変わらずシャイだねェ。

スタッフ
オバチャーン、何してんの? そろそろ着替えてよ!

ヤハリ
あれ、スタッフさんじゃん?

オバチャン
着替えろって、もう着替えてるじゃないのサ!

スタッフ
何言ってるの! それ、衣装じゃないよ!
衣装はこっち!

オバチャン
あ? これ、衣装じゃないのかい?

ミクモ
なんか、間違いみたいですね。

ヤハリ
なんで間違うかなぁ~。それ、どこから持ってきたの?

オバチャン
そこに置いてあったんだョ。紛らわしいねェ。誰が置いたんだい?

イトノコ
誰かの忘れ物ッスかね?

ミツルギ
うム‥‥誰かがここで、ダイビングをしたということか。

カルマ
でも、ここは遊泳禁止よ。ましてや、ダイビングなんて。

ミツルギ
普通はしないだろうな。

オバチャン
それよりミッちゃん、これ脱ぐの手伝っておくれョ。

ミツルギ
な‥‥どうして私が!

オバチャン
おやおや、照れちゃって! 可愛いねェ。

ミツルギ
て、照れている訳ではない!
我々は忙しいので、これで失礼する!

オバチャン
おや、つれないねェ。
ま、そういうところも良いんだけどね。
じゃ、オバチャンも仕事に戻るョ。

カルマ
こんなにのんびりやっていて、本当に見つかるのかしら。

ミツルギ
そうだな‥‥

ミクモ
それじゃ、わたし、上から探してみますね!

ミツルギ
上から?

ミクモ
この辺は、高い木がいっぱいありますからね。登って上から探してみます!

ヤハリ
うわあ、ミクモちゃん! 忍者みたいだね!

ミクモ
へっへーん、でも忍者じゃなくて、大ドロボウです!
ここからなら、良く見えますよ!

ミツルギ
あんな所まで‥‥
ミクモくん! 気をつけるのだぞ!

ミクモ
だーいじょうぶでーす!
ああっ!

ミツルギ
何か見えたのか?

ミクモ
遠くに、でっかいクレーンが見えます!
大きなクレーンとか、ダンプとか見てると、なんだかワクワクしちゃうんですよね!

ロウ
気持ちは分かるぜ。果てのない荒野、天をつくような頂。
でっかいってだけで、人は感動できちまうもんだ。

ヤハリ
クレーンって言えば、昨日この公園でも見たぞ。

ミツルギ
クレーンが? 公園内には見当たらないようだが。

ヤハリ
今日はないみたいだけど。

カルマ
お祭りの準備に使っていたのかしらね。

ミツルギ
うーむ‥‥

ミクモ
ああっ! わたし、ひらめいちゃったかも!
もしかして犯人は、屋台を分解して、クレーンに偽装して運んだんじゃないですか?

ミツルギ
クレーンに?

カルマ
何故、クレーンに?

ミクモ
だって、屋台がクレーンに変形するなんて、カッコイイじゃないですか!
ガシャンガシャン、ガシャーンって!
あそこに見えるクレーンが、屋台なんじゃないかなぁ!

ミツルギ
ミクモくん。ヒーロー番組の見過ぎだ。
引き続き、上からの捜索を頼む。

ミクモ
う‥‥。はーい、了解でーす!

イトノコ
御剣検事。自分も、考えがあるッス!

ミツルギ
考え?

イトノコ
すぐ戻ってくるッス!

イトノコ
連れてきたッス!

ミツルギ
ミサイルか。

ロウ
なるほど。警察犬を使うのか。

イトノコ
まんじゅうなら、ミサイルにお任せッス!
匂いをたどって、見つけ出すッス!

ヤハリ
でも、屋台は飛んで行っちゃったんだぜ?
犬は、空飛べないだろ?

ミツルギ
本当に空に消えたのならな。
まあ、やってみるとしよう。

イトノコ
ミサイル、とのさまんじゅうの匂いを追うッスよ!
前におまえが喰った、あのまんじゅうッス!

カルマ
反応してるわ。

ミツルギ
あのまんじゅうは、よほどうまかったと見えるな。

イトノコ
すごい引きッス!
着いて行くッス!

ロウ
早速何か見つけたみてえだぞ。
お、何かくわえてるぜ。

イトノコ
ミサイル、見せるッス!
おお!

ヤハリ
た、食べちゃったぞ!

ミツルギ
またか‥‥とんだ甘党だな。

イトノコ
ミサイル! 食べちゃだめッス!

カルマ
吐いたわ。

イトノコ
あれ。まんじゅうの中から、なんか出てきたッスよ。

ロウ
何? なっ‥‥これは!
宝石じゃねえか!
こんな所から出てくるとは‥‥。

ミツルギ
窃盗団に盗まれた宝石か。

ロウ
ああ。間違いなさそうだ。

イトノコ
本当ッスか!
でも、なんでとのさまんじゅうの中に‥‥?

ロウ
窃盗団が隠したんだ。
狼子、曰く‥‥“大事なへそくりは、冷蔵庫へ!”と、言うからな。
大切な物は、人が思いつかない意外な場所に隠すのが鉄則だ。

イトノコ
他のまんじゅうにも入ってるッスかね?

カルマ
こんな調子じゃ、爆弾もどんな形で隠されているか分からないわ。

ロウ
応援を要請した方が良さそうだな。

ミツルギ
うム。そうしてもらいたい。

イトノコ
ミサイルは宝石を噛んで、歯を痛めたみたいッスね。今日は休ませておくッス。

ミツルギ
そうか。ミサイル、御苦労だった。

ミクモ
うわあっ、何ですかそれ! すっごいお宝じゃないですか!

ヤハリ
ああ、ミクモちゃんお帰りー。

ミクモ
ただいま戻りました!
ミツルギさん、上からは怪しいものは見つかりませんでしたよ。

ミツルギ
うム、そうか。
こっちは、とのさまんじゅうの中から、この宝石が見つかったところだ。
窃盗団が隠したものらしい。

ミクモ
ええっ! 窃盗団がおまんじゅうの中に、一個一個宝石を入れたんですか?
うわ、すごい時間がかかりそう!

ヤハリ
それ、オレがトイレに行っている間にやったってのか?
さすがに無理なんじゃないか?

ミツルギ
うム‥‥

カルマ
どうも変ね。何か、歯車が噛みあっていない感じだわ。

ミツルギ
もう一度整理しよう。
矢張、昨日屋台を盗られた時の状況を、もう一度話してくれ。

ヤハリ
だからさ。夜中にオレ、寒くてトイレに行ったんだよ。
そしたら、帰りに迷ってさ。
多分、暗かったからだと思うけど‥‥
それで、なんとか戻ったら、すぐ宇宙人が出てきて、そしたら、屋台が空に飛んでったんだよ。
月に向かって、こう、ばーっと。

ミツルギ
ちょっと待て。今、何と言った?
もう一度戻れ。

ヤハリ
戻る?
えっと‥‥

(巻き戻し)

ヤハリ
御剣ィィ!(エコー)
助けてくれ!

ミツルギ
戻り過ぎだッ! 最初まで戻っているではないか!

ヤハリ
あれ。じゃあ、なんだっけ。

ミツルギ
屋台だ。どこに飛んでいったと言った?

ヤハリ
だから、月に向かってだって。昨日は満月だったろ?

ミツルギ
おかしい。それはムジュンしている!

ヤハリ
ムジュン? 何がだよ?
オレはウ�\言ってないぜ!

ミクモ
ムジュンですか?
でも、記録でも確かに昨日の夜は満月でしたよ。

ロウ
検事さん。一体何が引っかかってるんだ?

ミツルギ
矢張。おまえはさっき、暗くて迷ったと言ったな。
本当に、暗いから迷ったのか?

ヤハリ
え? どういうこと?

ミツルギ
満月が出ていたのならば、辺りがそんなに暗かったとは思えない。

カルマ
あ、確かにそうね。

ロウ
月明かりってのは、結�\明るいものだからな。
満月なら尚更だぜ。

ミツルギ
昨夜は満月。おそらく、辺りは月明かりで明るかったはずだ。
だが矢張、私たちに何故迷ったかと聞かれて、とっさに、暗かったからという答えを思いついた。
何故、そんな答えを思いついたのか‥‥

ヤハリ
なんでって‥‥
でも、確かに暗かったんだけどな。
トイレに行く前、屋台で作業している時、手元が見づらくて苦労したから。

カルマ
手元が暗くて見づらかった?

ヤハリ
ああ、間違いないぜ。
そうだ、思い出した。
確かに屋台に居る時は、暗かったって!

イトノコ
でも、昨日は満月で明るかったッスよね。

ミクモ
うーん。ムジュンですねえ。

ミツルギ
そう、ムジュンだ。
矢張の、昨日は暗かったという証言と、昨日は満月だったという事実。
この二つから導かれる答えは、ひとつ!

to be continued...

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Thanks, scripts are good. Are there only two of them? If I have the scripts for the rest of the tracks, I could settle them all myself. I'm kinda bad at distinguishing spoken Japanese. It's why I need Japanese subtitles to better understand what I'm watching or listening to.

It looks like I'm going to be the one to translate them anyway, so I'd appreciate any editing I may need.

currently stuck in P3 pitfall

I'd like to have it translated someday. I've been listening to it for like.. twice. Hngggg... I can't hold onto Takepon (Takemoto-san, Edgeworth's JP voice)'s ossan-like voice and Sawashiro-san (Franziska's JP voice) is really amazing here, too :edgey:

Oh, and thanks for providing the JP scripts!! Gotta' have a second look on it :franny: .
uhh... still waiting for a new sig to be made...

If this is still active I'd like to help! My Japanese isn't 100% perfect, but I'm sure if there was someone to edit it would be fine. I tend not to translate too literally because I like my translations to sound correct in English.

I'd help however I could, but I'd prefer to translate by scripts since I do find transcribing Japanese hard. :sadshoe:

Oh my God, this thread is still alive!

Anyone who's interested in helping, go for it! I've lately been training my ears through watching Japanese live dramas lately (well, okay, just one, but it's all I need, really.) When I'm ready, I'll see what I can get through.

If transcribing is too difficult, you can work on the scripts for the first two parts. We'd all appreciate it greatly~!

迷探偵

Is there a demand for a transcribed script in Japanese? I don't really feel like translating this, but because the chapters aren't too long, I could just write the text down if it would help potential translators... (of course, writing it down does take some time, so if it's not really needed and people are going to translate directly from the audio anyway... ^^")
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
Is there a demand for a transcribed script in Japanese? I don't really feel like translating this, but because the chapters aren't too long, I could just write the text down if it would help potential translators... (of course, writing it down does take some time, so if it's not really needed and people are going to translate directly from the audio anyway... ^^")

Listening to the CD,, I think I probably could transcribe it if it would save some trouble. My Japanese isn't perfect, so it might just need checking over afterwards.

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Oh my God, this thread is still alive!

Anyone who's interested in helping, go for it! I've lately been training my ears through watching Japanese live dramas lately (well, okay, just one, but it's all I need, really.) When I'm ready, I'll see what I can get through.

If transcribing is too difficult, you can work on the scripts for the first two parts. We'd all appreciate it greatly~!

If I have any problems with the transcribing, I'll just work on the first parts, then. :edgey:

迷探偵

So I made a quick transcript of the third episode. I don't dare say it's perfect to every moira, but I think it's enough for those who want to use text + audio to translate. Potential translators that need scripts for episode 4 & 5?

Spoiler:
逆転検事2 ~宇宙からの逆転!?
第3話
ミツルギ: ヤハリの、昨日は暗かったという証言、昨日は満月だったという事実、この二つから導かれた答えは、一つ。トイレに行く前にいた場所は暗かった。戻ってきた場所は明るかった。つまり、そういうこと。
ヤハリ: え、何それ。どういうこと?
ロウ: なるほど、そういうことかよ。
ミツルギ: ロウ捜査官も気づいたようだ。そう、つまり、行く前にいた場所と帰ってきた場所は違ったのだ。
イトノコ: 戻った場所は違う場所だったっスか?
ミツルギ: 大方、ヤハリは迷って歩き回った末に、別の場所に辿り着いたのだろうと。
ヤハリ: おーい、何言ってんだよ! オレそんなドジじゃないぜ!
メイ: 自覚がないのが問題ね。
ミツルギ: 湖の周囲は単調な光景だからね。目印になるものも少なかった。夜なら間違うこともあるだろう。
メイ: 可能性はあるわ。この男なら多いにね
ロウ: 甘いな! 戻った場所が違うってなら、屋台はどうなったってんだ?
ヤハリ: なー、そうだぞミツルギ! 屋台はちゃんとあったんだ。屋台も勝手に移動したってのか?
ミクモ: そうですね。ちょっと変ですよね。間違って戻った場所にも屋台は合ったんですし。
ミツルギ: うむ。それはまだ解らんが、何か、ムジュンがあるはずだ。
ミクモ: それじゃ、とにかくみんなで手分けして探しましょう。
ミツルギ: では、ロウ捜査官はイトノコギリ刑事と、メイは、ミクモと組んで探してくれ。
ヤハリ: え? オレは?
ミツルギ: ヤハリは私とだ。
ヤハリ: 何でオレがミツルギとなんだよ!? オレは、ミクモちゃんや、メイちゃんとのほうが力発揮できるぞ!
ミツルギ: 屋台を見つけたいなら、ワガママをいうな。
ヤハリ: ちぇー。ミクモちゃん、メイちゃん、また後でね~
メイ: 何かあったら、すぐ連絡するわ。
イトノコ: 頑張って探してくるっス。
ロウ: 捜査なら任しときな!
ミクモ: いっちょ、行ってきます!

ヤハリ: んー、見つからないな。どこに行ったんだ。
ミツルギ: 何か引っかかる。屋台が別の場所にあったのか。それとも。
ヤハリ: やっぱ、UFOが瞬間移動させたんじゃないか?
ミツルギ: ふむ、バカな。
ヤハリ: でもさ、UFOでもいなきゃ、こんなにしょっちゅうに屋台がなくなるわけないぞ
ミツルギ: しょっちゅう? どういうことだ?
ヤハリ: あれ? 言わなかったっけ? オレ、屋台盗まれるんの二台目なんだよ。しかも、同じ形のトノサまんじゅうの屋台をたて続けにだぜ。
ミツルギ: 何? 二台目だと? ちょっと待って!
ヤハリ: 何だよ、どうした?
ミツルギ: 盗まれた屋台は二台。つまり、屋台は二台あった。そうか!
ヤハリ: 何か、解ったのか?
ミツルギ: ああ。ヤハリの屋台のある場所がな。
ヤハリ: えー、どこどこ?
ミツルギ: ヤハリの屋台は、始めから盗まれてなどいなかった。二台目はな。
ヤハリ: は? 何言ってんだよ?
ミツルギ: 昨夜、トイレの帰りに迷ったヤハリは、屋台を見つけて、そこを自分が元いた場所だと思い込む。だが、それはヤハリの屋台ではなかったのだ。屋台があったせいで、元の場所だと勘違いしたんだろう。
ヤハリ: オレの屋台じゃなかった? じゃあ、誰の屋台だったんだよ?
ミツルギ: 窃盗団。
ヤハリ: え、窃盗団?
ミツルギ: 恐らくはな、宝石窃盗団はここで取引の準備をしていた。だが ひょうたん湖公園はイベントの関係で警備も厳しくなっている。怪しまれず大量の宝石を移動させるのに、屋台は好都合だったのだろう。今度のイベントでは、たくさんの屋台が出るだろうからな。現にも、あっちこっちに屋台が出ている。
ヤハリ: 木は森に隠せってヤツか?
ミツルギ: そして、間の悪いお前は、道に迷った末に、その悪巧みの現場を目撃してしまった。
ヤハリ: 何だ。じゃあ、空に飛んでたは、オレの屋台じゃなかったのか? あ、でも、オレ、屋台が飛んでくのを、確かに見たぞ。あれは、何だってんだ?
ミツルギ: それは、まだ解らんが。
ヤハリ: まー、オレは自分の屋台が見つかれば文句ないけど。で、オレの屋台はどこにあるんだ?
ミツルギ: まだ元の場所にあるはずだ。
ヤハリ: 元の場所って、どこだっけ?
ミツルギ: それが解れば迷っていないか。そうだな。薄暗かったということは、月明かりの届かない場所だ。頭上に月を覆い隠すものがある場所……つまり、あそこだ!

ヤハリ: なるほど。この辺りは木が茂ってて薄暗いな。
ミツルギ: この周辺は高い木が多い。その中でも、このクスノキだ。クスノキは常緑樹だから、今の季節でも、葉が落ちることはない。
ヤハリ: なるほど、これなら上は葉が茂ってて、角度によっては空が見えないな。
ミツルギ: ここからは月は見えなかった。だから手許が暗かったのだ。そして、この公園で常緑樹が茂っているのは、この一帯だけ。つまり、ヤハリの屋台は、この辺りにあると考えられる。
ヤハリ: なるほどね~、さすがミツルギ。じゃあ、早く見つけようぜ。作業の続きをしないといけないからな。
ミツルギ: ずいぶん張り切っているようだな。深夜まで作業をしり。
ヤハリ: それは~、人生の岐路ってヤツだよ。
ミツルギ: 人生の、岐路?
ヤハリ: てへへー、まだヒ・ミ・ツ・だ・って。そのうち、スピーチを頼みに行くかもな。
ミツルギ; スピーチ? 何だそれは?
ヤハリ: おっと、ちょっと話し過ぎたかな。は、早く探そうぜ。な、オレだ。な、ミハル! もしもし、オレオレ。どうしたの?
ミツルギ: お前の屋台を探しているというのに、いい気なものだな。おいヤハリ、先に行くぞ。
ヤハリ: ん? 今? 全然! 平気に決まってるって。
ミツルギ: やれやれ。
ヤハリ: え? 何で? おい、ちゃんと理由を言ってくれないと、解らないって。

ミツルギ: 誰かに持ち去られてしまったかのか。だが、屋台など、誰が。ん? あれは。屋台だ。トノサまんじゅう。この屋台で間違いないようだな。やはりここにあったか。ヤハリはまだ電話をしているのか。一応確認をっ! 離せ! 何者だ!

Last edited by Ash on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thank you for the transcript, I'll get started with it. :jake:

Oh, so are you working on the first two or three parts? I'd like to contribute, but I don't want to have to translate from the start if someone's already working on it. Let me know which ones I should get started with.

...Also, re-listening to the third part makes me realize how much I miss Micchan getting clobbered over the head. :3

Oh, so are you working on the first two or three parts? I'd like to contribute, but I don't want to have to translate from the start if someone's already working on it. Let me know which ones I should get started with.

...Also, re-listening to the third part makes me realize how much I miss Micchan getting clobbered over the head. :3

Well, I started a bit on the first part, but whichever parts you'd like to do are fine with me. :edgey:

迷探偵

And a transcript of episode four. Once again, made rather quickly, so there might be some small mistakes in how I wrote down the sentences, but there should be no problem if you listen to the drama while reading the script (I also didn't write down yells and stuff).

Spoiler:
逆転検事2 ~宇宙からの逆転!?
第4話
ミクモ: ミツルギさん、ミツルギさんってば!
イトノコ: 気がついたっす!
ロウ: おい、検事さん。
ミツルギ: ここは?
ヤハリ: だ、大丈夫か、ミツルギ?
ミツルギ: あ。どうやら、後ろから誰かに襲われたようだな。
ヤハリ: オレが来たら、もう倒れてたぞ。
ミツルギ: 背後から羽交い絞めにされて、揉みあっているうちに、倒れて頭をぶつけ、気を失ったようだ。
メイ: 大丈夫なの?
ミツルギ: あ、何とか。
ミクモ: 一体誰にやられたんですか? 犯人は?
ミツルギ: い、いや、いきなり後ろから襲われたのだ。ヤハリは、誰か見なかったか?
ヤハリ: え、お、オレ? ぜ、全然何も見てないぜ。
ミツルギ: 何を慌てている?
ヤハリ:いいいやや、別に。とにかく、誰も見なかったって。オレが駆け付けた時には、もうミツルギが倒れていたんだ。あー、もしかしたら、宇宙人の仕業かもな!
ミツルギ: 宇宙人か? で、屋台?
イトノコギリ: 屋台なんて、なかったっスよ。
ミツルギ; 何? 屋台がなくなっているだと? ここにあった屋台は? どうしたのだ?
メイ: 屋台を見つけたの? どうやって?
ミツルギ: それは……

ロウ: なるほど。屋台は二台あったってわけか。
ミツルギ: 昨夜消えた屋台は、窃盗団のものだ。ヤハリの屋台は、元の場所にあると推理し、確かにここで見つけたのだが。
イトノコギリ: でも、ここには何もなかったっスよ。
ヤハリ: う、うん、オレが来たとき、何もなかったし。
ミツルギ: 誰か持ち去ったということか。確かに、台車に載せれば、移動はそんなに難しくないだろうが。一体誰が?
イトノコギリ: ミツルギ検事を殴った犯人っスかね。
ミツルギ: うん、そう考えるのは自然だろう。
ミクモ: 一体誰なんでしょう。
ロウ: もしかしたら、宝石窃盗団の残党がいたかもしれねぇな。
ミツルギ: ヤハリ、私を見つけた時、誰か見なかったか?
ヤハリ: え、えーと、あ、あそういえば、逃げていく人影を見たような。
ミツルギ: おかしいな。
ヤハリ: え?何が?
ミツルギ: さっきは、誰も見なかったと言ったぞ。
ヤハリ: あれ? そ、そうだっけ?
ロウ: 何か変だな。
メイ: そうね。
ヤハリ: いやいやいやいやぜんぜんへへ変じゃないぞ。
ミクモ: すごいどもっていますね。
イトノコギリ: ますます怪しいっス。
ヤハリ: な、何でみんな、いやだな、そんなにオレのこと見んなよ。
ミツルギ: ヤハリ。何を隠している?
ヤハリ: ぎく。 な、何も、隠していないぜ。
メイ: 怪しいわね。まさかあなた、宝石窃盗団の一味なんじゃないでしょうね。
ヤハリ: え? 何でオレが?
メイ: 怪しいといえば、そもそも宇宙人に屋台を盗まれた、というのもおかしいわ。あり得ない証言をして、捜査をかく乱しようとしてると考えられなくはない。
ヤハリ: オレ、そんなことしないって。宝石何て知らねぇよ。
ロウ: 一応調べとくが、ちょっと身体検査をさせてもらうぜ。
ヤハリ; 隠してないって。
ミツルギ: これは。
ミクモ: それ、指輪じゃないですか?
イトノコギリ: まさか、盗品っスか?
ロウ: ちょっと見せてみろ。これは!
メイ: 盗品の中にあった一つと似ているわ。
ミクモ: えー、ヤハリさん、何でそんなもの……まさか!
ヤハリ; 何でみんなそんな目で見るんだよ! ち、違うって! この指輪は違うんだ! ミツルギ、何とか言ってくれよ!
ミツルギ: 自業自得だな。 いい加減な証言をするから。
ヤハリ: そんなこと言わないで! 何とかしてくれよ。
ミツルギ: 仕方のない奴だ。
メイ: あなたに、このバカの無罪が証明出来るの?
ミツルギ: うむ。やってみるとしよう。

ミツルギ: まず、ヤハリが犯人と仮定した場合の根拠は?
メイ: 捜査をかく乱するような証言。そして、この指輪という物証。容疑は濃厚だわ。
ミツルギ: 待った! 確かに、ヤハリの証言はメチャクチャだ。だが、もしヤハリが犯人の一味だとしたら、わざわざ検事の私に自らウソの証言をしにくる必要が、あるだろうか? 黙っていれば、ヤハリが関わっているとは、解らないというのに。
メイ: 異議あり! 捜査のかく乱するためだと言ったはずよ。ウソの証言で捜査をかく乱し、時間を稼いでいるかもしれない。
ミツルギ: 何のために? 
メイ: 隠した宝石を、安全な場所に移動させるため、でしょうね。
ミツルギ: だが今回消えたのは、ヤハリの本来の屋台だ。窃盗団が宝石を隠したのは、もう一台の、別の屋台だと考えられる。
ロウ: 甘いな! そのにいさんが窃盗団の一味だとしたら、その前提も全て覆る。自分の屋台にも盗品を隠していたと考えるのが自然だ。
ミツルギ: ダメだ。二人の推理にはスキがないようだ。 このままでは、ヤハリが犯人であるという推理を覆せない。他に、証拠がなければ。
ヤハリ: そ、そんな! ホントに知らんだって! オレはただ、あの屋台を見られたくなくて。あ!
ミツルギ: 何? それはどういう意味だ!
ヤハリ: それは……言えない! 言いたくない! 
メイ: この期に及んで、そんなこと。
ヤハリ: だって、恥ずかしいんだよ!
ミツルギ: 恥ずかしがっている場合か!
ヤハリ: 恥ずかしいモンは、恥ずかしいんだ!
ミツルギ: 往生際の悪い奴だな。でも、今のお前の態度で解った。キサマが言えないのなら、私が説明してやる。ヤハリは窃盗団の一味ではない。だが、私が発見した屋台を奪ったのは、キサマだ!
ヤハリ: ぎく!
ミクモ: え!? じゃあ、ミツルギさんを襲ったのは、ヤハリさんなんですか!?
ヤハリ: お、襲ったわけじゃないぞ! ただ、あの屋台を見られたらまずいと思って。後ろからミツルギの目を塞ごうとしたら、勢い誤って倒しちゃったんで。
メイ: それで転がっていた石に頭をぶつけて、気絶したというわけね。
イトノコギリ: でも、何でそんなことしたんっスか?
ミツルギ: あの屋台に見られたくないものがあったのだろう。
ロウ: それは盗品の宝石じゃないのかい。
メイ: そう、さっきの指輪ね。
ミツルギ:  あれ、盗品ではない。ミハルとやらへの、プレゼントだ。
ヤハリ: え? ミツルギ、何でそれを? 
ミツルギ: ミハルというのが、先程の電話の相手だ。そして、先程の電話で彼女には振られたのだ。
イトノコギリ: あんた、振られたんっスか!
ヤハリ: だあーーーーーーーー
ロウ: 図星みてぇだな。
ミツルギ: ヤハリは、彼女にプロポーズをしようと思っていた。指輪は、婚約指輪のつもりだったんのだろう。
ヤハリ: な、何でそこまで解るんだよ。
ミツルギ: お前は先程、私にスピーチを頼むことになるかもと言っていた。スピーチというのは、結婚式のスピーチのこと。そう考えると、全てが繋がる。そして屋台には、きっと指輪以外に、何かそれをまつわるものがあった。屋台に人生を賭けていると言っていたのは、そのことだ。だが、さっきの電話で彼女に振られてしまって、全て必要なくなってしまった。いや、むしろ隠したかった。だから屋台ごと全てを隠したのだろう。
ヤハリ: ぎー、そこまで解ってしゅうとは……ミツルギ、何て恐ろしい奴。
ミクモ: 何だ、犯人はヤハリさんで、だけど一連の事件とは無関係だったんですね。
メイは: 人騒がせな。
ミクモ: ヤハリさん、どうして振られたんです?
ヤハリ: それはオレのほうが訊きたいよ! ああーーー
ミツルギ: 泣くなら後にしろ。屋台はどこに運んだのだ。
ヤハリ: あっちに。
ミツルギ: よし。行ってみるとしよう。

ミクモ: あ、ありましたよ! 屋台です!
ミツルギ: この屋台で間違いないか?
ヤハリ: 間違いありません。
イトノコギリ: 何か、容疑者みたいっスね。
メイ: ちょっと待って。調べるわ。確かに、ここにあるのは、ただのトノサまんじゅうね。
ロウ: やはり窃盗団のお宝は別の屋台か。
メイ: 爆弾もそこにあるかしら。
イトノコギリ: そういえば、爆弾はまだ見つかっていないっスね。物騒っス!
ミクモ: あれ? ノコちゃん、何持ってるの? かばん?
ミツルギ: そのようなかばん、さっきまで持っていなかったのでは?
イトノコギリ: これはさっき、あっちで拾ったっス。交番に届けようと思って。
ロウ: あんたも警察だろう。まず中を確かめたらどうだ。
イトノコギリ: そう言われてみればそうっスね。じゃあ、開けてみるっス。あれ、これって、どこかで見たことあるような。
ミクモ: わ、どれどれ。あー、これ、ダイナマイトじゃ!
ミツルギ: 何? 何故そんなものがこんなところに?
メイ: そ、それが私が探していた、窃盗団の爆弾よ。
イトノコギリ: ダイナマイトっスか! どうするんっス、これ! 爆発するっス!
ミツルギ: 落ち着くのだ、イトノコギリ刑事。火の気がなければ、爆発はしない。
メイ: そうよ。まず、かばんを置くのよ。その屋台の上に。
イトノコギリ: 手が震えてるっス。かばんが何かレバーに引っ掛かったんっス!
ヤハリ: それダメだって。
イトノコギリ: 火が!
ヤハリ: だからダメだって!
メイ: 何でそんなところから火が出るのよ!
ロウ; ダイナマイトに燃え付いたぞ! いかん。早く逃げるんだ!

Hmmm, I think listening + translating on the spot goes much faster/easier than just writing down the script in Japanese >_> (I once did two translations of short radio dramas (this and this), but that went much faster, I think).

Last edited by Ash on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks again. It certainly would be faster as a direct translation, but keeping a transcript for these tracks would be useful nonetheless. I've tried transcribing them myself and translating from there, but sometimes I mishear what they're saying and then get paranoid about missing anything, and it's a terrible cycle of frustration from there.

I'll get started on the second ep, then. When Mirii-chan posts her part, I'll post mine so we don't go out of order.

迷探偵

And the last chapter. Again, it's probably not a 100% accurate transcript of the drama up to every moira (and I'm prone to make typing mistakes in Japanese), but it is accurate enough for those who want to translate or want to see the text while listening to the drama.

Spoiler:
逆転検事2 ~宇宙からの逆転!?
第5話
ミツルギ: み、みんな、無事か?
メイ: 何とかね。
ミクモ: とりあえず、みんな生きてるみたいです。
ロウ: 何だったんだ、あの火は?
ヤハリ: あれは、オレが仕掛けた花火の……
ロウ: 花火? あ? これは?
メイ: 花火。
ミクモ: おほー、キレイ!
イトノコギリ: ま、冬の花火も中々いいっスね。でもなんで屋台から花火が?
ヤハリ: やめろ、それはやめてくれ! それは違うんだー!
ミツルギ: ヤハリ、何を慌てている?
ミクモ: あれ、今度は何か、文字になりましたよ。
イトノコギリ: アイ・ラブ・ミハ……
メイ: I Love Miharuと読めるわ。
ロウ: 何なんだ、これは?
ミクモ: あ、また文字になった。えーと、「ケ」、「シ」、「コ」、消しゴム?
ミツルギ: いや、「ケ」、「ツ」、「コ」、「ン」、「結婚しよう」だ。
ロウ: 「ツ」が「シ」になっているんだな。
ヤハリ: ひー、ひい、もうやめてへへへ!
メイ: もしかしてこれ、プロポーズなの?
ヤハリ: イベント中に、ミハルにプロポーズしようと思って、準備しておいたんだよ!
イトノコギリ: これを隠したかったっスか?
ミクモ: その前に振られちゃったんですもんね。可哀そう。
ヤハリ: 惨めすぎる……
メイ: 迷惑な仕掛けをするんじゃない!
ヤハリ: ひー、そんなこと言われても!
イトノコギリ: 精神的ダメージで死にそうなのに、死者に鞭を打つとは、まさにこのコトっス!
ヤハリ:  ホントだよ! 愛も屋台も失ってしまった。一体オレはこれからどうすれば……
ミツルギ: 屋台ならあるではないか?
ヤハリ: え、どこに?
ミツルギ: イトノコギリ刑事、湖の周囲に、クレーン車の痕跡が残っているはずだ。それを探してもらえないか。
ヤハリ: 何でクレーンって?
ミクモ: もしかして、私が正解ですか!? 屋台がクレーン車に変形したんですね!
ミツルギ: そうではない。
ミクモ: え、違うんですか?
ヤハリ: じゃあ、どこにあるんだよ?
ミツルギ: この湖の、底にだ。

ミクモ: 屋台です! ホントにありましたね!
ミツルギ: やはり、宝石は湖の底だったか。
メイ: あれが窃盗団の屋台なのね。
ミツルギ: そうだ。国際警察が迫っていることに気づき、慌てて屋台ごと湖に沈めたのだろう。
イトノコギリ: 空に飛んでたわけじゃなかったっスね。
ヤハリ: でも、オレ、確かに見たんだけどな。空に飛んでくのを。
ミツルギ: 確かに、一旦は上に上がったのだ。湖に沈めるためにな。
イトノコギリ: どういうことっスか?
ロウ: そうか、クレーンか。
ミツルギ: その通り。そもそも盗品の宝石は、この湖の底に隠してあったのだ。取引のため、それを引き上げる必要があった。そのためにクレーンを用意していたのだろう。
ヤハリ: それがオレが見たクレーンなんか。
メイ: あのダイバー用のボンベ、ウェットスーツも、そのためのものだったわね。
ミツルギ: 湖底に沈めた宝石に、クレーンのワイヤーを引っかけるには、人が潜る必要があるからな。
ヤハリ: じゃあ、オレが見た宇宙人は……
ミツルギ: 水から上がったばかりの、ダイバーだろう。
ミクモ: ヌルヌル光る、黒っぽい肌はウェットスーツ、大きな目は、水中マスクだったんですね。
ミツルギ: そして声は、ボンベの混合ガスに含まれるヘリウムで高くなっていたのだ。
メイ: ダイバーを宇宙人と間違えるなんて、迷惑な男ね!
ヤハリ: ひー! だって、そう見えたんだよ! 
ミツルギ: 明るい満月の光で、逆光だったのも原因だろう。それに、ヤハリはすぐに窃盗団の仲間に殴られて気絶したからな。
ヤハリ: え、オレ殴られて気絶したの?
ミツルギ: 後頭部を触ってみろ。
ヤハリ: 頭、な、こ、こぶが出来ている!
ロウ: 呆れたにいさんだな。今まで気づかなかったのか?
ヤハリ: 何か、頭が痛いなと思ってたんだけど。
ミクモ: でも、ミツルギさん、どうして殴られたって解ったんですか?
ミツルギ: ヤハリの頭の後ろが腫れていることには、みんな気づいていたはずだ。
イトノコギリ: そういえば、チップを取ってくれとか、騒いでたんっスね。
ミツルギ: そうだ。「チップを埋め込まれた」だ、何だと騒いでいたせいで、本質が見失われてしまった。宇宙人などいない以上、チップを埋め込まれているはずがない。とすれば、ただのこぶだということはすぐに解る。単純な話なのだ。
イトノコギリ: なるほど。
ミツルギ: それに、いくら宇宙人を見たと思ってショックを受けたとしても、気絶するのは、不自然だ。ヤハリはそんなに繊細な男ではあるまい。
ヤハリ: なんでだよ! オレって、結構ナイーブだぞ!
メイ: 確かに、ずいぶん繊細なプロポーズの仕方だったわね。
ヤハリ: そのこと、忘れてくれよ!
ミツルギ: 気絶したこと、頭の腫れと合わせて考えれば、気を失うような衝撃が頭に加わっただろうことは簡単に推理できる。それに気を失う寸前、ヤハリはUFOの大船団を見たと言っていただろう。
ヤハリ: あそうだ、確かに見たぞ。だからダイバーを宇宙人だと思ったりしたんよ。
ミツルギ: それは逆だ。宇宙人を見たと思ったから、視界の瞬きを宇宙船の点滅だと思い違いをしたのだ。
ロウ: 視界の瞬き? 何だそれは?
ミツルギ: 殴られた時に出る、いわゆる、「星」のことだ。私もキサマに倒されて、石に頭をぶつけた時には、見たからな。
ヤハリ: もうそのことは言わないでくれよ。悪かったって!
メイ: 呆れた。そんなものをUFOと見間違えたと言うの?
ミクモ: ヤハリさんらしいですね。
ヤハリ: えー、そうかな。
ミツルギ: 褒めてはいないぞ。
ヤハリ: あの屋台、オレにくれないかな。そしたらオレはイベント中に屋台出せるのに。
ミツルギ: 何を言っている? あれはもともとお前の屋台だ。
ヤハリ: な、オレの?
ミツルギ: 最初に盗まれたという屋台が、あれだ。トノサまんじゅうの屋台が、そうそうあるわけがないだろう。
ヤハリ: 何だ、そうだったのか。
ミクモ: よかったですね、ヤハリさん。
ヤハリ: よーし、こうなったら気持ちを切り替えて、トノサまんじゅうを売りまくってやる! そんで新しい恋をするぞ!
ミツルギ: あまり張り切って空回りするんじゃないぞ。さて、そろそろ帰るか。すっかり暗くなってしまった。
ミクモ: 貴重な休みは終わっちゃいましたね。
ミツルギ: また一つの真実が明らかになったのだ。良しとしよう。それが私の仕事なのだからだ。

Last edited by Ash on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the transcriptions, I've just started on the first! :edgey:

Oh, and here I thought you were already working on it. I hurried through the 2nd ep in case anyone was waiting. Shall I move onto the 3rd one?

Oh, and here I thought you were already working on it. I hurried through the 2nd ep in case anyone was waiting. Shall I move onto the 3rd one?

I did a few lines last night, but nothing that much. It might take me a little while to complete, since I'm working on some other things at the moment, and my Japanese isn't perfect.

I was just planning on helping out with a couple of parts since there wasn't a response from other translators, but since it may take me a little while, would you rather I just did some editing or localisation?
(Sorry for the double post)

It's up to you. If you think you have a good handle on the first part, I'll leave it to you. If not, I can take it from here. Since Ash has provided the scripts, it's easy going for me for the rest of them.

And if you'd like to help with editing/localizing, then sure. This is what I have for the second part. When we've posted all of them, I'll stick 'em all in the first post.

Mikumo:
So the jewel thief is an alien!?

Mitsurugi:
No, that's not what I mean.
However, last night at the same place, two things have disappeared.
These two things may have some sort of connection.
We can't overlook any connection it may be.

Rou:
I see.
Mr. Prosecutor, you sure do have a point there.
Roushi says! "Even if there are two holes, there are more than two badgers."
It's possible the two cases are connected.

Itonoko:
So the cart thief is also the jewel thief?

Mitsurugi:
Agent Rou, that's exactly it.
If you don't mind, we'd like you to lend us a hand with the investigations.

Rou:
Hah, in that case, there's no helping it.
It looks like we're also stuck deep in this trouble.
And, it's possible it's tied to this case. There's some merit to digging around here.

Mitsurugi:
We appreciate it.

Yahari:
Everyone...
Everyone's working together for my sake...!
I knew the best people in life were my friends!

Rou:
We're not becoming friends with you.

Mitsurugi:
Well then, let's hurry and search the neighborhood.

Itonoko:
Heeey! Caaart! Come out, wherever you are!

Mitsurugi:
Detective! We aren't searching for a lost dog or cat.

So this case really is related to the band of thieves, is it?

Mikumo:
Huh? It's the whip lady!

Mitsurugi:
Why is even Prosecutor Karma here...?

Yahari:
Mei-chan! Could it be, you've come here to see me?

*whip*

Yahari:
Eek!

It's only because I'm in charge of the case around the band of thieves.

Mitsurugi:
Is that so?

Those thieves are the kind to use bombings to create chaos. We have yet to locate the bomb this time.
That's what I'm now searching for.

Rou:
So that's how it is. Fine, we'll team up.

Mikumo:
Ah, there's someone there! Let's ask them about what happened yesterday!
Excuse meee! We'd like to ask you a few things!
So what happened here yesterday...

???:
What?

Yahari:
Aaah! It's the alien!

Mitsurugi:
No, it's...!

???:
Oh, Micchan! Have you come here chasing after me?
You'd do anything to make this Obachan happy, wouldn't you?
...Wait, what the heck is this voice?

Yahari:
Oh, it's just Obachan.

Mitsurugi:
Y-you again! Why are you here!?

Obachan:
Aah-aah-ah-ah-ah-ah.
Ah, fixed.
I ended up sniffing up some weird gas.

Mikumo:
Gas?

Obachan:
This thing.

Mitsurugi:
This is a gas mixture. It's used by divers who spend a long time underwater in areas where the water is deep.
Since helium is included, it's what changed your voice.

Obachan:
Micchan, it must be Fate that led us to meet here!
The two of us, Obachan and Micchan, struck by Cupid's arrows!
Though we may be apart, like compasses, we point steadfast upon one another.

Mitsurugi:
J-just what is with that appearance?

Obachan:
It's a wetsuit, of course.
Seems like it's my costume for today.

Yahari:
Oh, it's just for a job.

Obachan:
If it wasn't for work, I wouldn't even put this thing on.
A smart hawk would hide its claws.
I wouldn't just flaunt my beautiful body line to anyone!
Well, if Micchan wants to have a look, I wouldn't mind showing him!
Only between Micchan and I would we in secret reveal ourselves to one another!
A secret between only us, it's so exciting! So could I take a little peek?

Mitsurugi:
No, thank you!

Obachan:
Aw, shy as always.

Staff:
Obachan, what are you doing? Hurry up and get changed!

Yahari:
Huh? Is that the staff?

Obachan:
Get changed!? I've already done that!

Staff:
What are you saying!? That's not the outfit! This is!

Obachan:
Ah? This isn't the right one?

Mikumo:
Looks like she got a bit mixed up.

Yahari:
How'd you mix THAT up? Where did you even get that suit?

Obachan:
It was left over there. Talk about confusing. Who just left it there?

Itonoko:
Did someone forget it?

Mitsurugi:
Hmm... so that means someone had gone diving here.

But swimming in this lake is prohibited; needless to say, diving.

Mitsurugi:
Not normally, anyway.

Obachan:
Never mind that, Micchan, help me take this thing off.

Mitsurugi:
Wh... why me!?

Obachan:
My, my, he's blushing! How cute.

Mitsurugi:
I-I am NOT blushing!
We are very busy at the moment, so if you'll excuse us!

Obachan:
Oh, how cold.
Well, that's fine with me too.
I need to get back to work.

I wonder if we really would find another such easy-going person.

Mitsurugi:
I do too...

Mikumo:
Okay then, I'll try searching from above!

Mitsurugi:
Above?

Mikumo:
There are lots of tall trees around here! I'll climb up and look around!

*whee*

Yahari:
Whoa, Mikumo-chan! You're like a ninja!

Mikumo:
Heh heh! But I'm not a ninja, I'm a Great Thief!
I've got a great view from up here!

Mitsurugi:
All the way up there...
Mikumo-kun, be careful!

Mikumo:
I'm fiiine!
Aaah!

Mitsurugi:
Did you see something?

Mikumo:
I saw a huge crane out in the distance!
There was that really big crane and a dump truck and stuff! What a thrill!

Rou:
I know the feeling. The endless wilderness, and that moment when you touch the skies!
What's really huge about it is the feeling we humans get from it.

Yahari:
About that crane, I saw it yesterday at the park too.

Mitsurugi:
The crane? It wasn't found on the park grounds, though.

Yahari:
Yeah, looks like it's gone today.

I wonder if it was used in preparation of the festival.

Mitsurugi:
Hmm...

Mikumo:
Aaah! I think I just had an idea!
What if the criminal disassembled the cart and disguised it as a crane so they could move it out?

Mitsurugi:
As a crane?

Mikumo:
'Cause, it'd be cool if the cart could change into a crane!
Gashan-gashan, gashaaan!
That crane over there could actually be the cart we're looking for!

Mitsurugi:
Mikumo-kun, you watch too many hero TV shows.
Stay up there and keep searching.

Mikumo:
Oof... okaaay, got it!

Itonoko:
Prosecutor Mitsurugi, sir, I also have an idea!

Mitsurugi:
An idea?

Itonoko:
I'll be right back, sir!

Itonoko:
I brought him, sir!

Mitsurugi:
Oh, it's Missile.

Missile:
Ruff! Rawr ruff! Ruff ruff ruff! Ruff!

Rou:
I see. You're going to use a police dog.

Itonoko:
If it's manjuu we're looking for, just leave it to Missile!
He'll sniff up the scent and find it out!

Yahari:
But my cart flew up into the air, you know?
That dog can't fly up there.

Mitsurugi:
If it really did disappear into the sky, well, we'll try looking around anyway.

Itonoko:
Missile, chase after the smell of Tonosamanjuu!
It's that manjuu you ate before, pal!

Missile:
Ruff!

Mitsurugi:
He really likes those manjuu, apparently.

Itonoko:
Whoa, what a tug!
He's dragging me off!

Missile:
Rawr ruff ruff! Ruff!

Rou:
Looks like he found something already.
Oh, and he's got it.

Itonoko:
Missile, show it here, pal!
Whoa!

Missile:
...nom. <3

Yahari:
H-he ate it!

Mitsurugi:
Again...? What a voracious sweet tooth.

Itonoko:
Missile! Don't eat it!

Missile:
...Urf!! Blagh!

Itonoko:
Huh? There was something inside the manjuu.

Rou:
What? Wh... this is!
It's a jewel!
If it's in a place like this...

Mitsurugi:
It's the jewel the thieves stole.

Rou:
Yeah, no doubt about it.

Itonoko:
Really!?
But what's it doing in a Tonosamanjuu...?

Rou:
The thieves hid it.
Roushi says! "Your important stash of savings goes in the refrigerator!" It's from that saying.
It's an ironclad rule that people think of unexpected places to hide things they find precious.

Itonoko:
Even inside a manjuu, huh?

If it's come to this, I wouldn't know where they could hide a bomb.

Rou:
We'd better call for backup.

Mitsurugi:
Yes, we should.

Itonoko:
Seems like Missile hurt his teeth biting into a jewel. You can take the rest of the day off, pal.

Mitsurugi:
Is that so. Missile, thank you for your effort.

Missile:
Rawrooo! ^o^

Mikumo:
Whoa! What is that! It's some amazing treasure, isn't it!?

Yahari:
Ah, Mikumo-chan, welcome back.

Mikumo:
Glad to be back!
Mitsurugi-san, I saw something suspicious while I was up there.

Mitsurugi:
Hm, is that so. We found this jewel inside a Tonosamanjuu.
It looks like what the thieves hid.

Mikumo:
Eeeh! The thieves hid each and every jewel into a manjuu!?
Wow, they must have had a lot of time!

Yahari:
And that happened when I was heading for the toilet?
Wouldn't that be, well, impossible?

Mitsurugi:
Hmm...

It's strange no matter what. It's like the gears in the works aren't meeting.

Mitsurugi:
We need to reorganize our thoughts.
Yahari, please tell us again what happened yesterday when your cart was stolen.

Yahari:
Like I said. It was cold last night, so I headed for the toilets.
And after that, I got kinda lost on the way back.
I thought maybe it was because it was dark...
Then, I somehow made it back, and that alien showed up, and then my cart flew up into the air!
Toward the moon, like whoosh!

Mitsurugi:
Wait a moment. What did you say just now?
Go back to it again.

Yahari:
Go back?
Umm...

*rewind*

Yahari:
Mitsurugiii!
Help meee!

Mitsurugi:
You went too far back! That's the very beginning!

Yahari:
Huh? Then what?

Mitsurugi:
The cart. Where did you say it flew off to?

Yahari:
I said toward the moon. Yesterday was a full moon, wasn't it?

Mitsurugi:
Strange... That is a contradiction!

Yahari:
Contradiction!? What of?
Hey, I'm not lying here!

Mikumo:
Contradiction?
But in the record, it says it was a full moon yesterday.

Rou:
Mr. Prosecutor. Just what are you pulling?

Mitsurugi:
Yahari. You just said you got lost because it was dark.
Did you really get lost because of that?

Yahari:
Eh? What do you mean?

Mitsurugi:
If the full moon was out, I wouldn't think your surroundings would be that dark.

Rou:
The moonlight is pretty bright, after all.
Even more so when it's a full moon.

Mitsurugi:
Last night was a full moon. It's likely your surroundings were lit well enough.
Yet, when we asked him why he got lost, Yahari replied at once that it was because it was dark.
Why would he think of that answer...?

Yahari:
Why...?
But it really was dark.
Before I went to the toilet, while I was working at the stand, I had trouble seeing my own hand.

Yahari:
Yeah, I'm sure of it.
Ah, I remember now.
While my cart was still there, it really was dark!

Itonoko:
But there was the light from the full moon yesterday.

Mikumo:
Hmm, it's sure a contradiction.

Mitsurugi:
Yes, a contradiction.
Yahari's testimony that it was dark yesterday, and the fact that yesterday was a full moon.
These two points lead to only one answer!

I think since you translate a lot quicker than me, maybe it'd be better if I worked on editing and localising.

Mikumo:
So the jewel thief is an alien!?

Mitsurugi:
No, that's not what I mean.
However, last night at the same place, two things have disappeared.
These two things may have some sort of connection.
We can't overlook any connection it may be.

Rou:
I see.
Mr. Prosecutor, you sure do have a point there.
Roushi says! "Even if there are two holes, there are more than two badgers."
It's possible the two cases are connected.

Itonoko:
So the cart thief is also the jewel thief?

Mitsurugi:
Agent Rou, that's exactly it. -Agent Lang, my thoughts exactly.
If you don't mind, we'd like you to lend us a hand with the investigations.

Rou:
Hah, in that case, there's no helping it.
It looks like we're also stuck deep in this trouble.
And, it's possible it's tied to this case. There's some merit to digging around here.

Mitsurugi:
We appreciate it.

Yahari:
Everyone...
Everyone's working together for my sake...!
I knew the best people in life were my friends!

Rou:
We're not becoming friends with you. -We're not doing this for you.

Mitsurugi:
Well then, let's hurry and search the neighborhood.

Itonoko:
Heeey! Caaart! Come out, wherever you are!

Mitsurugi:
Detective! We aren't searching for a lost dog or cat.

So this case really is related to the band of thieves, is it?

Mikumo:
Huh? It's the whip lady!

Mitsurugi:
Why is even Prosecutor Karma here...?

Yahari:
Mei-chan! Could it be, you've come here to see me?

*whip*

Yahari:
Eek!

It's only because I'm in charge of the case around the band of thieves.

Mitsurugi:
Is that so?

Those thieves are the kind to use bombings to create chaos. We have yet to locate the bomb this time.
That's what I'm now searching for.

Rou:
So that's how it is. Fine, we'll team up.

Mikumo:
Ah, there's someone there! Let's ask them about what happened yesterday!
Excuse meee! We'd like to ask you a few things!
So what happened here yesterday...

???:
What?

Yahari:
Aaah! It's the alien!

Mitsurugi:
No, it's...!

???:
Oh, Micchan! Have you come here chasing after me?
You'd do anything to make this Obachan happy, wouldn't you?
...Wait, what the heck is this voice? -...Wait, what the heck is wrong with my voice?

Yahari:
Oh, it's just Obachan.

Mitsurugi:
Y-you again! Why are you here!?

Obachan:
Aah-aah-ah-ah-ah-ah.
Ah, fixed.
I ended up sniffing up some weird gas. -I sniffed up some of the weird gas.

Mikumo:
Gas?

Obachan:
This thing.

Mitsurugi:
This is a gas mixture. It's used by divers who spend a long time underwater in areas where the water is deep.
Since helium is included, it's what changed your voice. -There's helium in it, so that's what changed your voice.

Obachan:
Micchan, it must be Fate that led us to meet here!
The two of us, Obachan and Micchan, struck by Cupid's arrows!
Though we may be apart, like compasses, we point steadfast upon one another.

Mitsurugi:
J-just what is with that appearance? - J-just what is with that outfit?

Obachan:
It's a wetsuit, of course.
Seems like it's my costume for today. - I guess it's supposed to be my costume for today.

Yahari:
Oh, it's just for a job.

Obachan:
If it wasn't for work, I wouldn't even put this thing on.
A smart hawk would hide its claws.
I wouldn't just flaunt my beautiful body line to anyone!
Well, if Micchan wants to have a look, I wouldn't mind showing him!
Only between Micchan and I would we in secret reveal ourselves to one another!
A secret between only us, it's so exciting! So could I take a little peek?

Mitsurugi:
No, thank you!

Obachan:
Aw, shy as always.

Staff:
Obachan, what are you doing? Hurry up and get changed!

Yahari:
Huh? Is that the staff?

Obachan:
Get changed!? I've already done that!

Staff:
What are you saying!? That's not the outfit! This is!

Obachan:
Ah? This isn't the right one?

Mikumo:
Looks like she got a bit mixed up.

Yahari:
How'd you mix THAT up? Where did you even get that suit?

Obachan:
It was left over there. Talk about confusing. Who just left it there?

Itonoko:
Did someone forget it?

Mitsurugi:
Hmm... so that means someone had gone diving here.

But swimming in this lake is prohibited; needless to say, diving.

Mitsurugi:
Not normally, anyway.

Obachan:
Never mind that, Micchan, help me take this thing off.

Mitsurugi:
Wh... why me!?

Obachan:
My, my, he's blushing! How cute.

Mitsurugi:
I-I am NOT blushing!
We are very busy at the moment, so if you'll excuse us!

Obachan:
Oh, how cold.
Well, that's fine with me too.
I need to get back to work.

I wonder if we really would find another such easy-going person. - I don't think I've ever met such a cantankerous old lady.

Mitsurugi:
I do too...

Mikumo:
Okay then, I'll try searching from above!

Mitsurugi:
Above?

Mikumo:
There are lots of tall trees around here! I'll climb up and look around!

*whee*

Yahari:
Whoa, Mikumo-chan! You're like a ninja!

Mikumo:
Heh heh! But I'm not a ninja, I'm a Great Thief!
I've got a great view from up here!

Mitsurugi:
All the way up there...
Mikumo-kun, be careful!

Mikumo:
I'm fiiine!
Aaah!

Mitsurugi:
Did you see something?

Mikumo:
I saw a huge crane out in the distance!
There was that really big crane and a dump truck and stuff! What a thrill!

Rou:
I know the feeling. The endless wilderness, and that moment when you touch the skies!
What's really huge about it is the feeling we humans get from it.

Yahari:
About that crane, I saw it yesterday at the park too.

Mitsurugi:
The crane? It wasn't found on the park grounds, though.

Yahari:
Yeah, looks like it's gone today.

I wonder if it was used in preparation of the festival.

Mitsurugi:
Hmm...

Mikumo:
Aaah! I think I just had an idea!
What if the criminal disassembled the cart and disguised it as a crane so they could move it out?

Mitsurugi:
As a crane?

Mikumo:
'Cause, it'd be cool if the cart could change into a crane!
Gashan-gashan, gashaaan! - Whoosh, whoosh! Whoooosh!
That crane over there could actually be the cart we're looking for!

Mitsurugi:
Mikumo-kun, you watch too many hero TV shows.
Stay up there and keep searching.

Mikumo:
Oof... okaaay, got it!

Itonoko:
Prosecutor Mitsurugi, sir, I also have an idea!

Mitsurugi:
An idea?

Itonoko:
I'll be right back, sir!

Itonoko:
I brought him, sir!

Mitsurugi:
Oh, it's Missile.

Missile:
Ruff! Rawr ruff! Ruff ruff ruff! Ruff!

Rou:
I see. You're going to use a police dog.

Itonoko:
If it's manjuu we're looking for, just leave it to Missile!
He'll sniff up the scent and find it out!

Yahari:
But my cart flew up into the air, you know?
That dog can't fly up there.

Mitsurugi:
If it really did disappear into the sky, well, we'll try looking around anyway.

Itonoko:
Missile, chase after the smell of Tonosamanjuu! -I'm pretty sure these were changed to something like 'Steel Samurai Dogs' in the fan translation.
It's that manjuu you ate before, pal!

Missile:
Ruff!

Mitsurugi:
He really likes those manjuu, apparently.

Itonoko:
Whoa, what a tug!
He's dragging me off!

Missile:
Rawr ruff ruff! Ruff!

Rou:
Looks like he found something already.
Oh, and he's got it.

Itonoko:
Missile, show it here, pal!
Whoa!

Missile:
...nom. <3

Yahari:
H-he ate it!

Mitsurugi:
Again...? What a voracious sweet tooth.

Itonoko:
Missile! Don't eat it!

Missile:
...Urf!! Blagh!

Itonoko:
Huh? There was something inside the manjuu.

Rou:
What? Wh... this is!
It's a jewel!
If it's in a place like this...

Mitsurugi:
It's the jewel the thieves stole.

Rou:
Yeah, no doubt about it.

Itonoko:
Really!?
But what's it doing in a Tonosamanjuu...?

Rou:
The thieves hid it.
Roushi says! "Your important stash of savings goes in the refrigerator!" It's from that saying.
It's an ironclad rule that people think of unexpected places to hide things they find precious.

Itonoko:
Even inside a manjuu, huh?

If it's come to this, I wouldn't know where they could hide a bomb.

Rou:
We'd better call for backup.

Mitsurugi:
Yes, we should.

Itonoko:
Seems like Missile hurt his teeth biting into a jewel. You can take the rest of the day off, pal.

Mitsurugi:
Is that so. Missile, thank you for your effort.

Missile:
Rawrooo! ^o^

Mikumo:
Whoa! What is that! It's some amazing treasure, isn't it!?

Yahari:
Ah, Mikumo-chan, welcome back.

Mikumo:
Glad to be back!
Mitsurugi-san, I saw something suspicious while I was up there.

Mitsurugi:
Hm, is that so. We found this jewel inside a Tonosamanjuu.
It looks like what the thieves hid.

Mikumo:
Eeeh! The thieves hid each and every jewel into a manjuu!?
Wow, they must have had a lot of time!

Yahari:
And that happened when I was heading for the toilet? -- And they did all that while I was heading for the toilet?
Wouldn't that be, well, impossible?

Mitsurugi:
Hmm...

It's strange no matter what. It's like the gears in the works aren't meeting.

Mitsurugi:
We need to reorganize our thoughts.
Yahari, please tell us again what happened yesterday when your cart was stolen.

Yahari:
Like I said. It was cold last night, so I headed for the toilets.
And after that, I got kinda lost on the way back.
I thought maybe it was because it was dark...
Then, I somehow made it back, and that alien showed up, and then my cart flew up into the air!
Toward the moon, like whoosh!

Mitsurugi:
Wait a moment. What did you say just now?
Go back to it again.

Yahari:
Go back?
Umm...

*rewind*

Yahari:
Mitsurugiii!
Help meee!

Mitsurugi:
You went too far back! That's the very beginning!

Yahari:
Huh? Then what?

Mitsurugi:
The cart. Where did you say it flew off to?

Yahari:
I said toward the moon. Yesterday was a full moon, wasn't it?

Mitsurugi:
Strange... That is a contradiction!

Yahari:
Contradiction!? What of?
Hey, I'm not lying here!

Mikumo:
Contradiction?
But in the record, it says it was a full moon yesterday.

Rou:
Mr. Prosecutor. Just what are you pulling?

Mitsurugi:
Yahari. You just said you got lost because it was dark.
Did you really get lost because of that?

Yahari:
Eh? What do you mean?

Mitsurugi:
If the full moon was out, I wouldn't think your surroundings would be that dark.

Rou:
The moonlight is pretty bright, after all.
Even more so when it's a full moon.

Mitsurugi:
Last night was a full moon. It's likely your surroundings were lit well enough.
Yet, when we asked him why he got lost, Yahari replied at once that it was because it was dark.
Why would he think of that answer...?

Yahari:
Why...?
But it really was dark.
Before I went to the toilet, while I was working at the stand, I had trouble seeing my own hand.

Yahari:
Yeah, I'm sure of it.
Ah, I remember now.
While my cart was still there, it really was dark!

Itonoko:
But there was the light from the full moon yesterday.

Mikumo:
Hmm, it's sure a contradiction.

Mitsurugi:
Yes, a contradiction.
Yahari's testimony that it was dark yesterday, and the fact that yesterday was a full moon.
These two points lead to only one answer!

Most of the notes I made were based on making the speech a little clearer, but I haven't changed them, in case anyone didn't like them or had a better idea.

Thanks. I felt some of the lines could have been made a bit clearer. When I post the localized scripts, I'll change the names too.

I'll get started on the first part in a bit; first want to get my blog updated. When I'm done, I'll post it here.

Finally got around to it. I've been packed with work lately. Regarding the name titles and addresses, I'll know how to tweak them later, so you don't have to worry about those. Thanks in advance.

Yahari:
Ah, there's my cart. I thought it went somewhere.
Besides that, it's gotten kinda cold. Even the toilet seems closer.
But, I, Yahari-sama, won't be beaten by the likes of this! Anyway, I've got

just the thing at this event for Miharu... Hehehehehe.
Hm? ...It's just the wind. Somehow, it feels kinda creepy now. It's pretty late

already and there's still tomorrow, so I guess I'd better get back home!

Wah! W-what was that!?
W-what's that sound!?
I-is someone there?
Aah!

???:
Hah... Hah...

Yahari:
Eeek! M-Mr. Alien...?

???:
Yes, that's right. We are messengers from outer space.

Yahari:
T-they're heeere!
T-t-the cart! I-i-it's flying!
A, a UFO... A UFO took my cart... Gaaaah!

*bonk*

Mitsurugi:
It's some rather pleasant weather today.

Mikumo:
It's gotten pretty warm, huh?
Mitsurugi-san, are you taking the day off today?

Mitsurugi:
Yes. I don't have anything in particular planned this day.
For once in a while, I can take it easy.

*rumble, rumble*

Mitsurugi:
Hm? This sound...
I've got a bad feeling about it.
Mikumo-kun, please lock the office door.

Mikumo:
Oh, sure.

*bamf*

Mikumo:
Ah!

Yahari:
Mitsurugiii!
Help meee!

Mitsurugi:
Too late...

Mikumo:
It's Yahari-san... Whoa!

Yahari:
Mikumo-chaaan, you're looking cute today too!
Wait, this isn't the time for that!
Mitsurugi, listen to me! An alien just stole my cart!

Mitsurugi:
An alien?
Hmph, what nonsense are you going on about now?

Yahari:
Really, I mean it!
Come on, just listen!

Mitsurugi:
Well, you are making a horrid face.

Yahari:
It's 'cause of that why I'm making one!
Just hear me out, okay!?

Mitsurugi:
Whether or not I hear your out, I can already tell by your face that you've

been caught up in some odd trouble again.

Yahari:
I know, right? You get it, right?
At last, I've really been attacked by an alien!

Mikumo:
A-alien...
*whisper* (I hope Yahari-san has only caught some weird illness...)

Mitsurugi:
It's alright, Mikumo-kun.
In any case, I'll listen to his story.

Yahari:
You'll really hear me out, best buddy!?
I knew the best people in life were friends!

Mitsurugi:
Fine, fine, just start talking!
I might not have much time to spend with you.

Yahari:
Oh, really? Okay, I'll talk...
For the upcoming event, I figured I'd bring my Tonosamanjuu cart and set it up

yesterday night.

Mikumo:
Event?
Ah, you mean the thing happening at Hyoutan Lake Park, right?

Yahari:
Yeah. I'd bet lots of people will be showing up if I set up my stand there.
But then, that so important cart was snatched away by an alien!

Mitsurugi:
Alien, alien, you've been saying that nonsense for a while now.
There's no such thing as an alien.

Yahari:
No, there is! There was! The UFO was there too!

Mikumo:
Yahari-san, you saw a UFO!? Wow! Was it really cool!?
...Uh, but now isn't the time for that kind of talk, heh heh.

Mitsurugi:
Whether by alien or UFO, in any case, Yahari's cart was stolen by someone.

Yahari:
That's what I'm saying! The culprit is an extraterrestrial lifeform!

Mitsurugi:
Good grief... How did you ever land yourself into this sort of trouble...?
You're ever the man who's terrible with relationships.
"Behind every case, you know it's Yahari." That saying has only continued to be

passed on.

Yahari:
Whatever, just do something, anything!
If I don't get that cart back, I'll get desperate!
I'll have rumors all about me being the one who saw aliens!

Mitsurugi:
Hmph... how disappointing. It looks like my day off will have to wait.

Mikumo:
Wow, Hyoutan Lake Park is already in that festive spirit!
There are all sorts of carts and stalls out!
Aah... but they look like they're still getting ready.

Itonoko:
It is a huge event, after all! Lots of people will be gathering here.
Even we in the police are getting really pumped to get security ready!

Mitsurugi:
Even though I didn't exactly call for you, Detective Itonokogiri...

Itonoko:
That doesn't matter, sir! I'm Prosecutor Mitsurugi's personal subordinate,

after all.
But, finding a cart that was stolen by an alien. It's yet another troublesome

case, huh.

Mitsurugi:
What's troublesome is this man here.

Yahari:
Me? Hehehe, aw shucks.

Mitsurugi:
That wasn't a compliment.
Well? Was this place where your cart was stolen?

Yahari:
Yeah, I think it is.
It was pretty dark and all, so I got lost when I went to and came back from the

toilet.

Mitsurugi:
Well then, Yahari, please explain again what happened at that time.

*testimony*

Yahari:
Like I said, for this upcoming event, I figured I'd bring out my Tonosamanjuu

cart and set it up here.
The day was coming up real soon, so I had to stay late into the night.

Itonoko:
You worked for that long, pal?

Yahari:
Yeah, I just stuck through it. It's all for Miharu's...

Mikumo:
Miharu?

Yahari:
Aah, nothing, never mind.

Mitsurugi:
Don't hide anything!
Well, no matter, it has to be some pointless matter.
Then? What happened?

Yahari:
So, I worked until I tired out and wanted to take a break.
In the meantime, I thought to head for the toilets.
So I went to the park's.

Mikumo:
And on the way back, you got lost, huh?
Where are the park's restrooms?

Itonoko:
Just one or two minutes away.

Mikumo:
Eh? He got lost in that short of a distance?

Mitsurugi:
If it's this man we're talking about, then it's very possible.

Yahari:
What the heck, man! How can you say that!? That hurts, you know!
I even said earlier, it was dark and all these trees look the same, so it's

hard to tell.

Itonoko:
Then, when you came back, the cart wasn't there anymore?

Yahari:
Yeah, uh wait, no. It was still there at that time.
The cart was there, yeah, so it's how I knew how to get back.

*ding*

Mitsurugi:
You returned to where you saw the cart?

Mikumo:
So, when did the alien show up?

Yahari:
Just when I came back.
Suddenly, I heard this weird, ghghghghgh, rumbling sound.
When I turned to see what that was, the alien was already standing there!

*ding*

Mitsurugi:
A strange sound...?

Mikumo:
What kind of alien was it!?

Yahari:
Uh, well, with a little backlighting, I couldn't see it very clearly, just a

shadow.
It kinda had this black, slippery skin, and its eyes were bizarrely large!

Itonoko:
Aah! I-I've seen that thing before too! On TV!

Yahari:
And then, all of a sudden, my cart started floating and flew up into the sky!

At that moment, I saw something glowing in the sky.

Itonoko:
W-was it sucked up by a UFO?

Mitsurugi:
UFOs don't exist.

Yahari:
Geez, Mitsurugi, you're so hardheaded. By this time, if you don't have a

grander cosmic sense, you're gonna be left behind an age.

Mitsurugi:
What "cosmic sense"? Are you suggesting such a transcendent lifeform with so

much cosmic sense would steal a cart of manjuu?

Yahari:
Well, that's uh... one of those circumstances beyond our control, right?

Mitsurugi:
And, if the thief rides in a UFO, retrieving it back would be impossible in the

first place.
No matter what, we can't do anything to fetch anything that's carried out into

space.
Now are you satisfied?

Yahari:
No, not really...
But, I really did see it happen.
Just like that... my cart went flying up toward the moon!

Mikumo:
Toward the moon...?
Oh, yeah, yesterday was a full moon, wasn't it?

Yahari:
Yeah, it was. My cart went flying toward that perfectly round moon. How the

heck do you explain that!?

Mitsurugi:
Hmm... I don't have the answer to that yet.
However, there must be some contradiction to it somewhere.
What happened after that cart floated off?

Yahari:
Well... after that, I didn't see.

Mitsurugi:
You didn't see?

Yahari:
After that, I kinda lost consciousness.

Itonoko:
It's only natural to faint after seeing an alien and its UFO.

Mikumo:
The alien didn't do anything to you, did it?

Yahari:
Now that you mention it, my head's been hurting a bit since then.

Itonoko:
I saw that on TV before too! People who were captured by aliens all had their

bodies planted with chips!

Mikumo:
Then, Yahari-san also had a chip planted in his head!?
Thinking about it, there's some kind of bulge on the back of his head...

*ding*

Mitsurugi:
The back of his head?
Hmm... I see.

Yahari:
S-seriously!?
Mitsurugi, this is bad! I'm being manipulated! Hurry up and take it out!

Mitsurugi:
Settle down!
Before that, there's one thing I need to confirm.

Itonoko:
Did you pick up on something, sir?

Mitsurugi:
I'd like to check the weather report for last night.

Mikumo:
Weather?
Okay, I'll go check it!

Yahari:
But yesterday night was pretty clear. It wasn't raining, and you could see the

stars.

Mitsurugi:
Just to be sure, I'll need a copy of the official report.
Detective Itonokogiri, if there are any other witnesses, search them out.

Itonoko:
Yes, sir! I'll search 'em out, sir!

Mikumo:
I've checked up on it!
Mitsurugi-san, the weather for this area last night was clear throughout.
It was so clear that there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

Yahari:
See? Told ya.

Mitsurugi:
However, that gives rise to a contradiction.

Mikumo:
A contradiction? What kind of contradiction?

Mitsurugi:
That would be...

Itonoko:
Prosecutor Mitsurugi!
I've found a suspicious man, sir!

Mitsurugi:
A suspicious man? Who, exactly?

Itonoko:
Well, it's...

Rou:
Roushi says... "Those who suspect the House of Rou will suffer the wolf's

curse!"

Mitsurugi:
Agent Rou!

Rou:
Mr. Prosecutor. Just what is the meaning of this?
To be treated as a suspect all of a sudden!

Mitsurugi:
The suspicious man was Agent Rou?

Itonoko:
Since yesterday night, there have been people who've seen Agent Rou around in

this area.

Rou:
Just what are you investigating here?

Mitsurugi:
As a matter of fact, it seems this man has once again become caught up in some

troublesome matter.

Yahari:
I've been caught up in some outrageous incident!

Rou:
I see. It sure is an interesting matter he's been caught up in.

Itonoko:
His cart was stolen by an alien!

Mitsurugi:
That is to say, we'd appreciate it if you could lend us a hand.
Agent Rou, what has happened here last night?

Rou:
We're still in investigation.

Mitsurugi:
Investigation?

Rou:
We've received notice that an international group of jewelry thieves are

planning to carry out a large-scale transaction before long. That's what we're

investigating into.
They're the kind of bunch who use dynamite explosives to stir up chaos. We've

been thoroughly hunting them down.

Mitsurugi:
Have they been captured?

Rou:
Yeah, we got the criminals. But, not the important jewels.
Since we don't have the evidence, those guys aren't admitting to anything. Just

where could they have stashed them?

Mikumo:
Hmm... Then, Rou-san's been here since last night, huh? Did you see anything

weird?

Rou:
Too bad, but I didn't see any aliens or UFOs. If there were any, I'd definitely

have noticed something.

Yahari:
Could it be, that the alien also snatched up the jewels?

Rou:
An alien stole the jewels?
Hahahaha! In that case, we might as well give up the search!

Mitsurugi:
...No, it may not be as ridiculous as it seems.

Rou:
What?

Mikumo:
What do you mean?
You don't mean that the jewel thief is an alien, do you!?

Yahari:
Ah, there's my cart. I thought it went somewhere.
Besides that, it's gotten kinda cold. Even the toilet seems closer. - But come to think of it,
it's a bit cold in here. And wasn't that toilet further away?

But, I, Yahari-sama, won't be beaten by the likes of this! Anyway, I've got

just the thing at this event for Miharu... Hehehehehe. -But, the great Larry Butz isn't going to let that hold him back!
Hm? ...It's just the wind. Somehow, it feels kinda creepy now. It's pretty late

already and there's still tomorrow, so I guess I'd better get back home!

Wah! W-what was that!?
W-what's that sound!?
I-is someone there?
Aah!

???:
Hah... Hah...

Yahari:
Eeek! M-Mr. Alien...?

???:
Yes, that's right. We are messengers from outer space.

Yahari:
T-they're heeere!
T-t-the cart! I-i-it's flying!
A, a UFO... A UFO took my cart... Gaaaah!

*bonk*

Mitsurugi:
It's some rather pleasant weather today.

Mikumo:
It's gotten pretty warm, huh?
Mitsurugi-san, are you taking the day off today?

Mitsurugi:
Yes. I don't have anything in particular planned this day. - I don't have anything particular planned today.
For once in a while, I can take it easy.

*rumble, rumble*

Mitsurugi:
Hm? This sound... -That noise...
I've got a bad feeling about it.
Mikumo-kun, please lock the office door.

Mikumo:
Oh, sure.

*bamf*

Mikumo:
Ah!

Yahari:
Mitsurugiii!
Help meee!

Mitsurugi:
Too late...

Mikumo:
It's Yahari-san... Whoa!

Yahari:
Mikumo-chaaan, you're looking cute today too!
Wait, this isn't the time for that!
Mitsurugi, listen to me! An alien just stole my cart!

Mitsurugi:
An alien?
Hmph, what nonsense are you going on about now?

Yahari:
Really, I mean it!
Come on, just listen!

Mitsurugi:
Well, you are making a horrid face. - I would if you'd stop making that sour face.

Yahari:
It's 'cause of that why I'm making one!
Just hear me out, okay!?

Mitsurugi:
Whether or not I hear your out, I can already tell by your face that you've

been caught up in some odd trouble again.

Yahari:
I know, right? You get it, right?
At last, I've really been attacked by an alien!

Mikumo:
A-alien...
*whisper* (I hope Yahari-san has only caught some weird illness...)

Mitsurugi:
It's alright, Mikumo-kun.
In any case, I'll listen to his story.

Yahari:
You'll really hear me out, best buddy!?
I knew the best people in life were friends!

Mitsurugi:
Fine, fine, just start talking!
I might not have much time to spend with you.

Yahari:
Oh, really? Okay, I'll talk...
For the upcoming event, I figured I'd bring my Tonosamanjuu cart and set it up

yesterday night.

Mikumo:
Event?
Ah, you mean the thing happening at Hyoutan Lake Park, right?

Yahari:
Yeah. I'd bet lots of people will be showing up if I set up my stand there.
But then, that so important cart was snatched away by an alien!

Mitsurugi:
Alien, alien, you've been saying that nonsense for a while now.
There's no such thing as an alien.

Yahari:
No, there is! There was! The UFO was there too!

Mikumo:
Yahari-san, you saw a UFO!? Wow! Was it really cool!?
...Uh, but now isn't the time for that kind of talk, heh heh.

Mitsurugi:
Whether by alien or UFO, in any case, Yahari's cart was stolen by someone.

Yahari:
That's what I'm saying! The culprit is an extraterrestrial lifeform!

Mitsurugi:
Good grief... How did you ever land yourself into this sort of trouble...?
You're ever the man who's terrible with relationships.
"Behind every case, you know it's Yahari." That saying has only continued to be

passed on. - 'If something smells, it's usually the Butz.' Nothing ever changes there, does it.

Yahari:
Whatever, just do something, anything!
If I don't get that cart back, I'll get desperate!
I'll have rumors all about me being the one who saw aliens! - There'll be rumors all about me seeing aliens!

Mitsurugi:
Hmph... how disappointing. It looks like my day off will have to wait.

Mikumo:
Wow, Hyoutan Lake Park is already in that festive spirit!
There are all sorts of carts and stalls out!
Aah... but they look like they're still getting ready.

Itonoko:
It is a huge event, after all! Lots of people will be gathering here.
Even we in the police are getting really pumped to get security ready! - Even us police are getting really pumped to get the security ready!

Mitsurugi:
Even though I didn't exactly call for you, Detective Itonokogiri...

Itonoko:
That doesn't matter, sir! I'm Prosecutor Mitsurugi's personal subordinate,

after all.
But, finding a cart that was stolen by an alien. It's yet another troublesome

case, huh.

Mitsurugi:
What's troublesome is this man here.

Yahari:
Me? Hehehe, aw shucks.

Mitsurugi:
That wasn't a compliment.
Well? Was this place where your cart was stolen?

Yahari:
Yeah, I think it is.
It was pretty dark and all, so I got lost when I went to and came back from the

toilet. - so I got lost on my way to and from the toilet.

Mitsurugi:
Well then, Yahari, please explain again what happened at that time. - Well then, Larry, could you explain in a little more detail what occurred.

*testimony*

Yahari:
Like I said, for this upcoming event, I figured I'd bring out my Tonosamanjuu

cart and set it up here.
The day was coming up real soon, so I had to stay late into the night.

Itonoko:
You worked for that long, pal?

Yahari:
Yeah, I just stuck through it. It's all for Miharu's...

Mikumo:
Miharu?

Yahari:
Aah, nothing, never mind.

Mitsurugi:
Don't hide anything!
Well, no matter, it has to be some pointless matter. - Well, I doubt it's of any importance.
Then? What happened?

Yahari:
So, I worked until I tired out and wanted to take a break. - So, I worked until I got tired out and needed a break.
In the meantime, I thought to head for the toilets.
So I went to the park's. - So I went to the one in the park.

Mikumo:
And on the way back, you got lost, huh?
Where are the park's restrooms?

Itonoko:
Just one or two minutes away.

Mikumo:
Eh? He got lost in that short of a distance?

Mitsurugi:
If it's this man we're talking about, then it's very possible. - If it's Larry we're talking about

Yahari:
What the heck, man! How can you say that!? That hurts, you know!
I even said earlier, it was dark and all these trees look the same, so it's

hard to tell.

Itonoko:
Then, when you came back, the cart wasn't there anymore?

Yahari:
Yeah, uh wait, no. It was still there at that time. - It was still there then.
The cart was there, yeah, so it's how I knew how to get back.

*ding*

Mitsurugi:
You returned to where you saw the cart?

Mikumo:
So, when did the alien show up?

Yahari:
Just when I came back. - Right when I came back.
Suddenly, I heard this weird, ghghghghgh, rumbling sound.
When I turned to see what that was, the alien was already standing there! - When I turned to see what it was,

*ding*

Mitsurugi:
A strange sound...?

Mikumo:
What kind of alien was it!?

Yahari:
Uh, well, with a little backlighting, I couldn't see it very clearly, just a

shadow.
It kinda had this black, slippery skin, and its eyes were bizarrely large!

Itonoko:
Aah! I-I've seen that thing before too! On TV!

Yahari:
And then, all of a sudden, my cart started floating and flew up into the sky!

At that moment, I saw something glowing in the sky.

Itonoko:
W-was it sucked up by a UFO?

Mitsurugi:
UFOs don't exist.

Yahari:
Geez, Mitsurugi, you're so hardheaded. By this time, if you don't have a

grander cosmic sense, you're gonna be left behind an age.

Mitsurugi:
What "cosmic sense"? Are you suggesting such a transcendent lifeform with so

much cosmic sense would steal a cart of manjuu?

Yahari:
Well, that's uh... one of those circumstances beyond our control, right?

Mitsurugi:
And, if the thief rides in a UFO, retrieving it back would be impossible in the

first place.
No matter what, we can't do anything to fetch anything that's carried out into

space. - we can't do anything to fetch something that's been carried out to space.
Now are you satisfied?

Yahari:
No, not really...
But, I really did see it happen.
Just like that... my cart went flying up toward the moon!

Mikumo:
Toward the moon...?
Oh, yeah, yesterday was a full moon, wasn't it?

Yahari:
Yeah, it was. My cart went flying toward that perfectly round moon. How the

heck do you explain that!?

Mitsurugi:
Hmm... I don't have the answer to that yet.
However, there must be some contradiction to it somewhere.
What happened after that cart floated off?

Yahari:
Well... after that, I didn't see.

Mitsurugi:
You didn't see?

Yahari:
After that, I kinda lost consciousness.

Itonoko:
It's only natural to faint after seeing an alien and its UFO.

Mikumo:
The alien didn't do anything to you, did it?

Yahari:
Now that you mention it, my head's been hurting a bit since then.

Itonoko:
I saw that on TV before too! People who were captured by aliens all had their

bodies planted with chips!

Mikumo:
Then, Yahari-san also had a chip planted in his head!?
Thinking about it, there's some kind of bulge on the back of his head...

*ding*

Mitsurugi:
The back of his head?
Hmm... I see.

Yahari:
S-seriously!?
Mitsurugi, this is bad! I'm being manipulated! Hurry up and take it out!

Mitsurugi:
Settle down!
Before that, there's one thing I need to confirm.

Itonoko:
Did you pick up on something, sir?

Mitsurugi:
I'd like to check the weather report for last night.

Mikumo:
Weather?
Okay, I'll go check it!

Yahari:
But yesterday night was pretty clear. It wasn't raining, and you could see the

stars.

Mitsurugi:
Just to be sure, I'll need a copy of the official report.
Detective Itonokogiri, if there are any other witnesses, search them out.

Itonoko:
Yes, sir! I'll search 'em out, sir!

Mikumo:
I've checked up on it!
Mitsurugi-san, the weather for this area last night was clear throughout.
It was so clear that there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

Yahari:
See? Told ya.

Mitsurugi:
However, that gives rise to a contradiction.

Mikumo:
A contradiction? What kind of contradiction?

Mitsurugi:
That would be...

Itonoko:
Prosecutor Mitsurugi!
I've found a suspicious man, sir!

Mitsurugi:
A suspicious man? Who, exactly?

Itonoko:
Well, it's...

Rou:
Roushi says... "Those who suspect the House of Rou will suffer the wolf's

curse!"

Mitsurugi:
Agent Rou!

Rou:
Mr. Prosecutor. Just what is the meaning of this?
To be treated as a suspect all of a sudden!

Mitsurugi:
The suspicious man was Agent Rou?

Itonoko:
Since yesterday night, there have been people who've seen Agent Rou around in

this area.

Rou:
Just what are you investigating here?

Mitsurugi:
As a matter of fact, it seems this man has once again become caught up in some

troublesome matter. - As a matter of fact, it would seem this acquaintance of mine has once again got caught up in some troublesome matter.

Yahari:
I've been caught up in some outrageous incident!

Rou:
I see. It sure is an interesting matter he's been caught up in. - I see. It sure does sound interesting.

Itonoko:
His cart was stolen by an alien!

Mitsurugi:
That is to say, we'd appreciate it if you could lend us a hand.
Agent Rou, what has happened here last night? - Agent Lang, just what happened here last night?

Rou:
We're still in investigation. - We're still investigating.

Mitsurugi:
Investigation?

Rou:
We've received notice that an international group of jewelry thieves are

planning to carry out a large-scale transaction before long. That's what we're

investigating into.
They're the kind of bunch who use dynamite explosives to stir up chaos. We've

been thoroughly hunting them down. - They're the kind to use dynamite explosives to stir up chaos. We'd been working constantly to hunt them down.

Mitsurugi:
Have they been captured?

Rou:
Yeah, we got the criminals. But, not the important jewels.
Since we don't have the evidence, those guys aren't admitting to anything. Just

where could they have stashed them?

Mikumo:
Hmm... Then, Rou-san's been here since last night, huh? Did you see anything

weird?

Rou:
Too bad, but I didn't see any aliens or UFOs. If there were any, I'd definitely

have noticed something. - I'm sorry, but I'd didn't see any aliens or UFOs.

Yahari:
Could it be, that the alien also snatched up the jewels?

Rou:
An alien stole the jewels?
Hahahaha! In that case, we might as well give up the search!

Mitsurugi:
...No, it may not be as ridiculous as it seems.

Rou:
What?

Mikumo:
What do you mean?
You don't mean that the jewel thief is an alien, do you!?

Finished, I hope it's okay. I know I changed a couple of lines a little from the Japanese, but I just thought it made it sound clearer in English. :basil:

I didn't need to listen to the very last bit over and over, but I did anyway. (^ω^;)ゞ

Mitsurugi:
Yahari's testimony that yesterday was dark and the fact that yesterday was a full moon... there is but one answer that arises from these two points.
The place where he was before he went to the lavatory was dark. The place he returned to was well lit. Therefore, that's how it is.

Yahari:
Eh? What? What's how it is?

Rou:
So, that's how it is, huh?

Mitsurugi:
Agent Rou has noticed it too, I see. Yes, in other words, the places from where he left and where he came back to were different.

Itonoko:
The place where he returned to was a different place!?

Mitsurugi:
Most likely, after Yahari had gotten himself lost, he eventually ended up at

another location.

Yahari:
Hey! What the heck, man! I'm not that much of a bungler!

Mei:
It's because you have no self-awareness.

Mitsurugi:
The scenery around the lake is rather bland, after all. There are few landmarks to use, so it's easy to become lost at night.

Mei:
That is possible, especially so for this man.

Rou:
Not so fast!
If the place he returned to was a different one, what happened to the cart?

Yahari:
Yeah, that's right, Mitsurugi! My cart was still there where I left it. What, did it just move somewhere else on its own?

Mikumo:
He has a point. It is a little weird. He ended up at the wrong place, but the cart was there too.

Mitsurugi:
Hm. I don't have the answer to that yet, but there must be some contradiction to it.

Mikumo:
In that case, let's all split up and look around!

Mitsurugi:
Then, Agent Rou will go with Detective Itonoko, and Mei will go with Mikumo-kun in the search.

Yahari:
Huh? What about me?

Mitsurugi:
You're coming with me.

Yahari:
Why do I have to go with you!? I'd much better show Mikumo-chan and Mei-chan my full power!

Mitsurugi:
Don't complain. It's to look for your cart.

Yahari:
Tch... Mikumo-chan, Mei-chan, we'll meet up again later~!

Mei:
If anyone finds anything, let us know at once.

Itonoko:
Good luck with the search!

Rou:
Leave the investigation to us!

Mikumo:
Okay, let's get going!

Yahari:
Hmm... still haven't found it. Where did it go?

Mitsurugi:
Something still bothers me. Was the cart really found at a different place or not?

Yahari:
So, wasn't it moved that time with the UFO?

Mitsurugi:
Hmph, that's ridiculous.

Yahari:
But ya know, if it wasn't for that UFO, my cart wouldn't always disappear on me like this.

Mitsurugi:
Always? What do you mean?

Yahari:
Huh? Didn't I mention it? The cart that was stolen was a second one. It even had the same Tonosamanjuu design.

Mitsurugi:
What? The second one? Hold it right there!

Yahari:
What? What's wrong?

Mitsurugi:
The stolen cart was a second one. So, there are two separate carts...

*shwing*

That's it!

Yahari:
You figured something out?

Mitsurugi:
Yes. I know where your cart may be.

Yahari:
Wha!? Where, where!?

Mitsurugi:
Your cart wasn't stolen in the first place. The other one was.

Yahari:
Huh? What are you talking about?

Mitsurugi:
Last night, when you became lost on your way back from the lavatory, you found that cart and believed you returned to the right place.
However, that cart wasn't yours. Because it was there, you mistook where it was for where you had been.

Yahari:
It wasn't mine? Then, whose was it?

Mitsurugi:
The thieves'.

Yahari:
Huh? The thieves'?

Mitsurugi:
They probably set it here in preparation of their transaction, but because of the event taking place at Gourd Lake, security has become tight.
To avoid suspicion, they had to move a large amount of jewelry somewhere, and a cart was a convenient place to store them. There would be plenty of these stalls around for this event, and as it turned out, they're scattered everywhere.

Yahari:
So it's like hiding a tree in a forest, right?

Mitsurugi:
And then, you unlucky sap just happened to wander onto the scene of their plot.

Yahari:
What the? Then, the one that flew into the air wasn't mine?
Oh, but I really saw that thing fly. What was that about?

Mitsurugi:
That, I don't know yet.

Yahari:
Ah, well! I'm not complaining as long as we find my cart. So, where is it?

Mitsurugi:
It should still be where you left it.

Yahari:
Where I left it... so where's that?

Mitsurugi:
If you knew, you wouldn't get lost, would you? Alright. For it to be a dimly lit area, it has to be somewhere where the moonlight couldn't reach. It would be a place where the moon overhead would be covered...

*shwing*

So, it must be there!

Yahari:
Oh, I get it. It's pretty dim on this side 'cause the trees around here are so thick.

Mitsurugi:
This area has many tall trees. Among them is this camphor tree. Since it's an evergreen tree, even in this season, its leaves haven't fallen.

Yahari:
Aha, so with all these leaves bunched up there, you can't see the sky from here.

Mitsurugi:
You can't see the moon from here either, so it's why it was so dark you couldn't see your own hand. And this is the only spot in the park where these evergreen trees grow so close.
I figured your cart would be somewhere here.

Yahari:
I see~! As expected of you, Mitsurugi. Come on, let's hurry up and find it! I still have work to do.

Mitsurugi:
You sure seem enthusiastic about it, working so late into the night.

Yahari:
Yeah, well~ those are the crossroads of life!

Mitsurugi:
Crossroads... of life?

Yahari:
Eheheh, it's still a s-e-c-r-e-t! Soon enough, I'll leave it to you to make that speech...

Mitsurugi:
Speech? For what?

Yahari:
Oops, I said too much. L-let's just hurry and find it already.

*ring*

Oh, I'm ringing. Ah, Miharu! Hello, it's me. What's up?

Mitsurugi:
You're rather lax about searching for your cart. Hey, Yahari, I'll go on ahead.

Yahari:
Hm? Now? Of course, I'm completely fine with it!

Mitsurugi:
Why do I bother...

Yahari:
Huh? Why? Hey, wait, at least tell me your reasons. I don't get it... What?

Mitsurugi:
Was it taken by someone? But, who would take a cart...? Hm? That's...
It's a cart. "Tonosamanjuu"... There's no mistaking it. This is where Yahari was.
And he's still busy talking on the phone? Just to make sure...

*grapple*

!? Let go! Who are you!?

*smack*

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

迷探偵

Yahari:
Eheheh, it's still a s-e-c-r-e-t! Soon enough, I'll be making a speech for someone...

> I might come ask you for a speech soon

>> Implying he will ask Edgeworth to be his right-hand man during his wedding ceremony (make a speech etc)
>>> Implying it won't be Phoenix.

Corrected.

Ash wrote:
Yahari:
Eheheh, it's still a s-e-c-r-e-t! Soon enough, I'll be making a speech for someone...

> I might come ask you for a speech soon

>> Implying he will ask Edgeworth to be his right-hand man during his wedding ceremony (make a speech etc)
>>> Implying it won't be Phoenix.

Phoenix? Who's Phoenix?

No, it's just your imagination. ^ There is no line break in the middle of this one long post.

Mikumo:
Mitsurugi-san! Mitsurugi-san, come on!

Itonoko:
He's coming to, pal!

Rou:
Hey, Mr. Prosecutor.

Mitsurugi:
Where am I?

Yahari:
Y-you okay, Mitsurugi?

Mitsurugi:
Yeah. It seems someone attacked me from behind.

Yahari:
When I came over, you were already down.

Mitsurugi:
I was pinned and strangled from behind, and during our struggle, I was struck on the head and lost consciousness.

Mei:
Are you alright?

Mitsurugi:
Yes, somehow.

Mikumo:
Who did this to you? The criminal?

Mitsurugi:
N-no, I was suddenly attacked from behind. Yahari, didn't you see anyone?

Yahari:
Huh? M-me? N-nope, nothing at all.

Mitsurugi:
What are you stammering about?

Yahari:
N-n-nothing! Anyway, I didn't see anyone. When I hurried over, you were already down. Aah! Maybe it's the work of the alien!

Mitsurugi:
The alien? Wait, what happened to the cart?

Itonoko:
We didn't find one, sir.

Mitsurugi:
What? The cart has gone missing? There was a cart here. What's going on?

Mei:
Did you find it? How?

Mitsurugi:
Well...

Rou:
I see. So there were two carts after all.

Mitsurugi:
The one that disappeared last night belonged to the thieves. I deduced that Yahari's was where he last left it, and I'm sure I found it here.

Itonoko:
But there's nothing here anymore, sir.

Yahari:
Y-yeah, when I came, there wasn't anything.

Mitsurugi:
Which means, someone had taken it away. If they had used a push car, it certainly wouldn't be too difficult to move it, but just who would...?

Itonoko:
Maybe the one who struck you, sir?

Mitsurugi:
Yes, I naturally thought so too.

Mikumo:
But who could it be?

Rou:
Perhaps, it may even be some remnants of those jewelry thieves.

Yahari:
Eh!?

Mitsurugi:
Yahari, when you found me, did you really not see anyone?

Yahari:
U-um... ah, yeah, about that, I think I did see a shadow of someone running away.

Mitsurugi:
That's strange.

Yahari:
Eh? What is?

Mitsurugi:
Just earlier you said you didn't see anyone.

Yahari:
Oh, d-did I?

Rou:
Something's fishy here.

Mei:
Indeed.

Yahari:
Wai-wai-wai-wait, there's nothing, f-f-fishy about it at all!

Mikumo:
He sure is stammering a lot.

Itonoko:
And getting even more suspicious, pal.

Yahari:
Wh-why's everyone giving me that look like I'm the bad guy here?

Mitsurugi:
Yahari, what are you hiding?

Yahari:
*twitch* I-I'm not hiding anything!

Mei:
How suspicious. You couldn't really be a member of those thieves, could you?

Yahari:
Huh!? Why would I?

Mei:
Speaking of suspicious, what's stranger than a cart being stolen by aliens? It is not inconceivable he's attempting to confuse our investigation by giving us impossible testimony.

Yahari:
I wouldn't do anything like that! I know nothing of any jewels!

Rou:
Just to be sure, we're gonna give you a full-body search.

Yahari:
But I'm not hiding anything!

*glint*

Mitsurugi:
This is...

Mikumo:
It's a ring, isn't it!?

Itonoko:
Could it be one of the stolen goods!?

Rou:
Let me see that. Hm? This is...!

Mei:
It looks like one of the stolen jewels.

Mikumo:
Eeeh!? Yahari-san, why did you... no way!

Itonoko:
*glare*

Yahari:
Why is everyone looking at me like that!? Y-you're wrong! That ring's a different one entirely! Mitsurugi, say something!

Mitsurugi:
It's what you deserve for giving such shoddy testimony.

Yahari:
Don't give me that! Do something about this!

Mitsurugi:
There's no helping it when it comes to you.

Mei:
So, can you prove this fool's innocence?

Mitsurugi:
Yes. Allow me to show you.

*rebuttal*

Mitsurugi:
First of all, on what grounds do you suppose Yahari to be the criminal?

Mei:
His testimony that's been confusing the investigation, as well as that ring found on him. He's highly under suspicion.

Mitsurugi:
Hold it!
Hold it! Yes, Yahari's testimony is certainly nonsensical. However, if he is indeed a member of that group of criminals, would he really have needed to come and give false testimony to me, a prosecutor? If he would just stay quiet, I would never know he was even involved.

Mei:
Objection!
It's for the purpose of obstructing the investigation. By giving that false testimony and confusing us, he may be trying to stall for time.

Mitsurugi:
And for what?

Mei:
It's to make sure the jewels have been moved to a safe place, of course.

Mitsurugi:
Mmph... And yet, what disappeared this time was Yahari's actual cart. Recall the one the thieves used to hide their spoils was one other.

Rou:
Not so fast!
If that guy's one of those thieves, that entire premise is overturned. It's only natural to think he hid the loot in his own cart.

Mitsurugi:
Grk... It's no good. There's no room for error in their reasoning. If this keeps up, I won't be able to overturn their suspicion of Yahari. Not to mention, I don't have proof otherwise...

Yahari:
N-no way! I really don't know anything about that! I just didn't want to find that cart! ...Ah!

Mitsurugi:
What? Just what do you mean by that?

Yahari:
I, um... I'm not talking! I dun wanna say it!

Mei:
So now it's come to this.

*whip*

Yahari:
'Cause it's embarrassing!

Mitsurugi:
You think this is the time to be embarrassed!?

Yahari:
An embarrassing thing is something to be embarrassed about!

Mitsurugi:
What an unreasonably stubborn guy. But, now I understand what your attitude just earlier was about. If you're not talking, then I'll just have to explain it myself.

Yahari:
Eh?

Mitsurugi:
You aren't a member of those thieves. However, the one who snatched away the cart I found was none other than you!

Yahari:
Eep!

Mikumo:
Eh!? Then, the one who attacked you was Yahari-san!?

Yahari:
I-I didn't mean to attack him! I just thought that it'd be bad if that cart was found! When I tried to cover his eyes, I accidentally knocked him over.

Mei:
And so, he tumbled over and hit his head on a rock, and that's why he fainted?

Itonoko:
But why did that even happen?

Mitsurugi:
He didn't want that cart to be found.

Rou:
Then it wasn't one of the stolen goods, huh?

Mei:
You mean that ring, yes?

Mitsurugi:
No, it was not one of them. It is a present for someone called Miharu or something like that.

Yahari:
Eh!? Mitsurugi, how did you...?

Mitsurugi:
Miharu was the one who called you just earlier. And, that call from then was about you being dumped.

Itonoko:
You were being dumped, pal!?

Yahari:
Aaaaaaaaaah!

Rou:
Looks like a bulls-eye.

Mitsurugi:
Yahari planned to propose to her, so that ring must have been an engagement ring.

Yahari:
H-how do you know so much?

Mitsurugi:
Earlier, you mentioned that you might ask me to give a speech. That speech is for the wedding. In that case, everything ties together. Furthermore, there must be something else besides the ring that you left on the cart. That's why you would toll so hard working at that stand. But, once that call came in and she dumped you, all that work had to disappear. Or rather, had to be hidden. That's why you hid the cart altogether.

Yahari:
Eegh...! You figured out even that much... Mitsurugi, you're terrifying.

Mikumo:
Aha, so the culprit was Yahari, but it was for a matter unrelated to the other case.

Mei:
A false alarm. What a troublemaker.

Mikumo:
Yahari-san, why were you dumped?

Yahari:
That's what I want to know! Waaaaaaaah...

Mitsurugi:
You'll have time to cry later! Where did you move the cart?

Yahari:
*sniff* Over there.

Mitsurugi:
Alright. Let's go have a look.

Mikumo:
Ah, there it is! It's the cart!

Mitsurugi:
Are you sure it's this one?

Yahari:
I'm sure.

Itonoko:
He sounds kinda like a suspect.

Mei:
Wait a moment. Let's check it... These do seem to be ordinary Tonosamanjuu.

Rou:
As I thought, the thieves' treasure was on another cart.

Mei:
The bomb may also be there.

Itonoko:
Oh yeah, the bomb hasn't been found yet. Talk about dangerous, sir!

Mikumo:
Huh? Noko-chan, what are you holding? A bag?

Mitsurugi:
You weren't holding a bag of that sort earlier.

Itonoko:
I found it over there just now, sir. I thought it was something sent to the police box.

Rou:
You're a police officer too. How about checking what's inside?

Itonoko:
Oh, now that you mention it, I am. Okay, I'll open it up! Huh? I think I've seen this somewhere before...

Mikumo:
Ooh, let me see! Aaaah! Isn't this dynamite!?

Mitsurugi:
What? Why is such a thing even in here?

Mei:
Th-that's the bomb I've been searching for. The one the thieves use.

Itonoko:
Dynamite!? What do we do with this!? It's gonna blow!!

Mitsurugi:
Settle down, Detective Itonokogiri! If it's not lit, it won't explode.

Mei:
That's right. First of all, it was left in a bag, on top of that cart.

Itonoko:
My hands are shaking, sir... Ah! The bag got caught on some kind of lever!

Yahari:
That's not good!

Itonoko:
Fire!!

Yahari:
That's why I said that's not good!!

Mei:
Why is there fire coming from here of all places!?

Rou:
The dynamite's been lit!

Mitsurugi:
Leave it, let's get out of here!

Yahari:
Aaaaaaaaaah!!

*boom*

...And then they all died happily ever after. The end.

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

迷探偵

Quote:
メイ: 怪しいといえば、そもそも宇宙人に屋台を盗まれた、というのもおかしいわ。あり得ない証言をして、捜査をかく乱しようとしてると考えられなくはない。
Mei:
Speaking of suspicious, it's strange that you began with saying your cart was stolen by aliens. Giving impossible testimony, attempting to obstruct the investigation; it's rather inconceivable.

>> Speaking of suspicious, what's stranger than a cart being stolen by aliens? It is not inconceivable he's attempting to confuse our investigation by giving us impossible testimony

[double negative]

Quote:
ミツルギ: 待った! 確かに、ヤハリの証言はメチャクチャだ。だが、もしヤハリが犯人の一味だとしたら、わざわざ検事の私に自らウソの証言をしにくる必要が、あるだろうか? 黙っていれば、ヤハリが関わっているとは、解らないというのに。
Mitsurugi:
Hold it!
Yes, Yahari's testimony is certainly nonsensical. However, if he is indeed a member of that group of criminals, would he really need to personally give me, a prosecutor, false testimony? Since he's not talking, we can't be sure he's even involved.

>> Hold it! Yes, Yahari's testimony is certainly nonsensical. However, if he is indeed a member of that group of criminals, would he really have needed to come and give false testimony to me, a prosecutor? If he would just stay quiet, I would never know he was even involved.

Quote:
ミツルギ:  あれ、盗品ではない。ミハルとやらへの、プレゼントだ。
Mitsurugi:
No, it was not one of them. Rather, it's a present to Miharu for whatever occasion.

>> No, it was not one of them. It is a present for someone called Miharu or something like that.

Mitsurugi:
Yahari's testimony that yesterday was dark and the fact that yesterday was a full moon... there is but one answer that arises from these two points. -Larry testified that last night was dark. Combined with the fact yesterday was a full moon...
The place where he was before he went to the lavatory was dark. The place he returned to was well lit. Therefore, that's how it is. - The place he left to go to the bathroom was dark; the place he returned to was well lit. Therefore, that must be the answer.

Yahari:
Eh? What? What's how it is? - Eh? What? What must be the answer?

Rou:
So, that's how it is, huh? So, that's the answer, huh?

Mitsurugi:
Agent Rou has noticed it too, I see. Yes, in other words, the places from where he left and where he came back to were different. - Agent Lang has figured it out too, I see. Yes, in other words, the place Larry left, and the place he returned to, were different places entirely.

Itonoko:
The place where he returned to was a different place!? -He returned to someplace different?

Mitsurugi:
Most likely, after Yahari had gotten himself lost, he eventually ended up at

another location. - Most likely, after Larry got himself lost, he eventually ended up at another location.

Yahari:
Hey! What the heck, man! I'm not that much of a bungler!

Mei:
It's because you have no self-awareness.

Mitsurugi:
The scenery around the lake is rather bland, after all. There are few landmarks to use, so it's easy to become lost at night.

Mei:
That is possible, especially so for this man.

Rou:
Not so fast!
If the place he returned to was a different one, what happened to the cart? - If the place he returned to was different, what happened to the cart?

Yahari:
Yeah, that's right, Mitsurugi! My cart was still there where I left it. What, did it just move somewhere else on its own?

Mikumo:
He has a point. It is a little weird. He ended up at the wrong place, but the cart was there too. He may have ended up at the wrong place, but how did the cart get there?

Mitsurugi:
Hm. I don't have the answer to that yet, but there must be some contradiction to it. - ..., but there must be some contradiction behind it.

Mikumo:
In that case, let's all split up and look around!

Mitsurugi:
Then, Agent Rou will go with Detective Itonoko, and Mei will go with Mikumo-kun in the search.

Yahari:
Huh? What about me?

Mitsurugi:
You're coming with me.

Yahari:
Why do I have to go with you!? I'd much better show Mikumo-chan and Mei-chan my full power!

Mitsurugi:
Don't complain. It's to look for your cart.

Yahari:
Tch... Mikumo-chan, Mei-chan, we'll meet up again later~!

Mei:
If anyone finds anything, let us know at once.

Itonoko:
Good luck with the search!

Rou:
Leave the investigation to us!

Mikumo:
Okay, let's get going!

Yahari:
Hmm... still haven't found it. Where did it go?

Mitsurugi:
Something still bothers me. Was the cart really found at a different place or not?

Yahari:
So, wasn't it moved that time with the UFO? - So, the UFO didn't move it?

Mitsurugi:
Hmph, that's ridiculous.

Yahari:
But ya know, if it wasn't for that UFO, my cart wouldn't always disappear on me like this. - ..., if it wasn't for that UFO, I wouldn't keep losing my carts.

Mitsurugi:
Always? What do you mean?

Yahari:
Huh? Didn't I mention it? The cart that was stolen was a second one. It even had the same Tonosamanjuu design.

Mitsurugi:
What? The second one? Hold it right there!

Yahari:
What? What's wrong?

Mitsurugi:
The stolen cart was a second one. So, there are two separate carts...

*shwing*

That's it!

Yahari:
You figured something out?

Mitsurugi:
Yes. I know where your cart may be.

Yahari:
Wha!? Where, where!?

Mitsurugi:
Your cart wasn't stolen in the first place. The other one was.

Yahari:
Huh? What are you talking about?

Mitsurugi:
Last night, when you became lost on your way back from the lavatory, you found that cart and believed you returned to the right place.
However, that cart wasn't yours. Because it was there, you mistook where it was for where you had been.

Yahari:
It wasn't mine? Then, whose was it?

Mitsurugi:
The thieves'.

Yahari:
Huh? The thieves'?

Mitsurugi:
They probably set it here in preparation of their transaction, but because of the event taking place at Gourd Lake, security has become tight.
To avoid suspicion, they had to move a large amount of jewelry somewhere, and a cart was a convenient place to store them. There would be plenty of these stalls around for this event, and as it turned out, they're scattered everywhere.

Yahari:
So it's like hiding a tree in a forest, right?

Mitsurugi:
And then, you unlucky sap just happened to wander onto the scene of their plot.

Yahari:
What the? Then, the one that flew into the air wasn't mine?
Oh, but I really saw that thing fly. What was that about?

Mitsurugi:
That, I don't know yet.

Yahari:
Ah, well! I'm not complaining as long as we find my cart. So, where is it?

Mitsurugi:
It should still be where you left it.

Yahari:
Where I left it... so where's that?

Mitsurugi:
If you knew, you wouldn't get lost, would you? Alright. For it to be a dimly lit area, it has to be somewhere where the moonlight couldn't reach. It would be a place where the moon overhead would be covered...

*shwing*

So, it must be there!

Yahari:
Oh, I get it. It's pretty dim on this side 'cause the trees around here are so thick.

Mitsurugi:
This area has many tall trees. Among them is this camphor tree. Since it's an evergreen tree, even in this season, its leaves haven't fallen.

Yahari:
Aha, so with all these leaves bunched up there, you can't see the sky from here.

Mitsurugi:
You can't see the moon from here either, so it's why it was so dark you couldn't see your own hand. And this is the only spot in the park where these evergreen trees grow so close.
I figured your cart would be somewhere here.

Yahari:
I see~! As expected of you, Mitsurugi. Come on, let's hurry up and find it! I still have work to do.

Mitsurugi:
You sure seem enthusiastic about it, working so late into the night.

Yahari:
Yeah, well~ those are the crossroads of life!

Mitsurugi:
Crossroads... of life?

Yahari:
Eheheh, it's still a s-e-c-r-e-t! Soon enough, I'll leave it to you to make that speech...

Mitsurugi:
Speech? For what?

Yahari:
Oops, I said too much. L-let's just hurry and find it already.

*ring*

Oh, I'm ringing. Ah, Miharu! Hello, it's me. What's up?

Mitsurugi:
You're rather lax about searching for your cart. Hey, Yahari, I'll go on ahead.

Yahari:
Hm? Now? Of course, I'm completely fine with it!

Mitsurugi:
Why do I bother...

Yahari:
Huh? Why? Hey, wait, at least tell me your reasons. I don't get it... What? - Hey, wait, at least let me know why.

Mitsurugi:
Was it taken by someone? But, who would take a cart...? Hm? That's...
It's a cart. "Tonosamanjuu"... There's no mistaking it. This is where Yahari was.
And he's still busy talking on the phone? Just to make sure...

*grapple*

!? Let go! Who are you!?

*smack*

Poor Edgey at the end there! :edgeworth:

Ash wrote:
Quote:
Mitsurugi:
Hold it!
Yes, Yahari's testimony is certainly nonsensical. However, if he is indeed a member of that group of criminals, would he really need to personally give me, a prosecutor, false testimony? Since he's not talking, we can't be sure he's even involved.

>> Hold it! Yes, Yahari's testimony is certainly nonsensical. However, if he is indeed a member of that group of criminals, would he really have needed to come and give false testimony to me, a prosecutor? If he would just stay quiet, I would never know he was even involved.

I just overlooked the first and third ones, but thanks for clearing up the second one. I got what he was saying, but I wasn't sure how to word it without "trailing" too far off. I try not to translate too literally, but sometimes the opposite happens.

Mirii-chan, thanks again. Something about the difference between the third and the fourth eps that confuses me is what happens here, actually. Before I spout more, though, I'll leave Ep 4 to you and start on the last ep sometime today.

What is with me and double posting in my own threads!? Not enough people responding? Am I revisiting them too often? What is it??

Well, I usually have a meaningful update to share anyway.

Mikumo:
Eeeeeeek!

Yahari:
Waaaaaah!

Mitsurugi:
...I-is everyone alright?

Mei:
Somehow...

Mikumo:
*cough* It looks like everyone's still alive!

Rou:
What was that fire?

Yahari:
It was the fireworks I set up for...

Rou:
Fireworks? ...Ah? What's all this?

Mei:
Fireworks.

Mikumo:
Whoooa, so pretty!

Itonoko:
Ah, fireworks in the winter sure are nice. But why did the fireworks come from the cart?

Yahari:
Stop! Please stop it! It's not truuuue!

Mitsurugi:
Yahari, what are you panicking about?

Mikumo:
Huh? Now the fireworks are forming words.

Itonoko:
Uh, "I Love Miha..."

Mei:
It says "I Love Miharu".

Rou:
What the hell is this?

Yahari:
Waahahaaaah...

Mikumo:
Oh, they're making more words. Umm, 'ke', 'shi', 'ko'... keshigomu? [eraser]

Mitsurugi:
No, it's 'ke', 'tsu', 'ko', 'n'; "Marry me".

Rou:
The 'tsu' ended up as a 'shi', huh.

Yahari:
*sob* Please make it stooop!

Mei:
So is this his means of proposal?

Yahari:
I planned to propose to Miharu during the event, so I prepared all this!

Itonoko:
So this was what you were hiding, pal?

Mikumo:
And before he could show it, he got dumped. Poor guy.

Yahari:
...I've fallen into despair...

Mei:
Don't give us these annoying contrivances of yours!

*whip*

Yahari:
Eek! How was I supposed to know!?

Itonoko:
Even when he's taken so much emotional trauma that he's practically dead, this is literally whipping the deceased!

Yahari:
Tell me about it! I've lost my love and my cart. Just what should I do now...?

Mitsurugi:
If you need a cart, you still have one, don't you?

Yahari:
Huh? Where?

Mitsurugi:
Detective Itonokogiri, there must be signs left from the crane car around the lake. Look for it.

Yahari:
Why the crane?

Mikumo:
Wait, so, I was right!? The cart really did transform into a crane!

Mitsurugi:
No.

Mikumo:
Eh? I'm wrong?

Yahari:
Then where is it?

Mitsurugi:
At the bottom of this lake.

Mikumo:
Ah! It's the cart! It really was down there!

Mitsurugi:
As I figured, the jewels were hidden at the bottom of the lake.

Mei:
It's the thieves' cart, huh?

Mitsurugi:
Yes, it is. When the Interpol were close to discovering it, they must have hurried and submerged it into the lake.

Itonoko:
So they didn't send it off into the air, huh?

Yahari:
But, I swear I saw it. It flew up into the air.

Mitsurugi:
It's true that it did move upward for a moment. It was to submerge it.

Itonoko:
What do you mean, sir?

Rou:
Ah, that's where the crane comes in.

Mitsurugi:
That's correct. From the outset, the stolen jewels were hidden at the bottom of the lake. To complete their transaction, they would have had to pull it back up. That was what the crane was used for.

Yahari:
So it was that crane that I saw?

Mei:
The tank used for diving and the wetsuit were used for that purpose, I see.

Mitsurugi:
To use the crane wire to pull up the jewels at the lake bottom, there had to be someone to dive for them.

Yahari:
Then, what about the alien I saw...?

Mitsurugi:
It was the diver that emerged from the water.

Mikumo:
The shiny and slippery black body was the wetsuit, and the huge eyes were the underwater mask, huh?

Mitsurugi:
And its voice was made by using the gas mixture with helium in it to make it sound higher.

Mei:
Confusing a diver for an alien, you truly are one annoying fool!

*whip*

Yahari:
Eek! But that's just what I saw!

Mitsurugi:
It must have been because of the silhouette cast by the full moon's light. Moreover, he was struck by one of the thieves and fell unconscious.

Yahari:
Eh? I was hit and so I fainted?

Mitsurugi:
Feel the back of your head.

Yahari:
My head? Wha!? Th-there's a bump!

Rou:
What an astounding guy. You didn't even notice it until now?

Yahari:
I did think my head hurt for some reason.

Mikumo:
But Mitsurugi-san, how did you figure out he was hit?

Mitsurugi:
Everyone must have noticed the swelling on the back of his head.

Itonoko:
Oh yeah, he was freaking out and telling us to take that chip out of his head.

Mitsurugi:
Yes. Since he kept thinking that "a chip was planted" and making a racket over it, he missed the truth behind it. Since aliens don't exist, there couldn't be a chip planted inside. If we assume that it's only a bump, then it's clear enough. Simplicity is the answer.

Itonoko:
I see.

Mitsurugi:
Furthermore, though he was shocked by however many aliens he thought he saw, it would be unnatural for him to faint. He's not that delicate of a person.

Yahari:
Why not!? I'm plenty naive!

Mei:
He certainly had a delicate way of proposing.

Yahari:
Just forget about that already!

Mitsurugi:
If we put the swelling and the fact that he fainted together, we can easily deduce that he lost consciousness due to a blow to the head. And just before he lost consciousness, he claimed to have seen a UFO fleet.

Yahari:
Yeah, you're right. I really did see it. That's why I thought the diver was an alien.

Mitsurugi:
You have it backwards. It's because you thought you saw an alien that you mistook the blinking in your vision as the flickering of a spaceship.

Rou:
The blinking in his vision? What do you mean by that?

Mitsurugi:
It's what's known as "seeing stars" upon being hit. When this idiot knocked me over and I hit my head on that rock, I saw them too.

Yahari:
Please don't bring that up anymore! I said I was sorry!

Mei:
I'm astounded. Are you saying he mistook that for a UFO?

Mikumo:
That seems like Yahari-san!

Yahari:
Eh~? Really?

Mitsurugi:
It's not a compliment.

Yahari:
Then, could you give that cart to me? That way, I could set up a cart for the event.

Mitsurugi:
What are you talking about? That cart was yours to begin with.

Yahari:
Wha? Mine?

Mitsurugi:
The first one to be stolen was that cart. There aren't too many Tonosamanjuu carts around, after all.

Yahari:
Oh, so it was mine all along?

Mikumo:
Isn't that great, Yahari-san?

Yahari:
Alright, with this, I'll turn over a new leaf and sell those Tonosamanjuu like crazy! And find new love!

Mitsurugi:
You shouldn't be in such high spirits over nothing! Now, go home. It's going to be completely dark soon.

Mikumo:
Guess your precious day off is over.

Mitsurugi:
We've uncovered yet another truth. That's good enough for me. It's my job, after all.

End

Mikumo:
Mitsurugi-san! Mitsurugi-san, come on!

Itonoko:
He's coming to, pal!

Rou:
Hey, Mr. Prosecutor.

Mitsurugi:
Where am I?

Yahari:
Y-you okay, Mitsurugi?

Mitsurugi:
Yeah. It seems someone attacked me from behind.

Yahari:
When I came over, you were already down.

Mitsurugi:
I was pinned and strangled from behind, and during our struggle, I was struck on the head and lost consciousness.

Mei:
Are you alright?

Mitsurugi:
Yes, somehow.

Mikumo:
Who did this to you? The criminal?

Mitsurugi:
N-no, I was suddenly attacked from behind. Yahari, didn't you see anyone?

Yahari:
Huh? M-me? N-nope, nothing at all.

Mitsurugi:
What are you stammering about?

Yahari:
N-n-nothing! Anyway, I didn't see anyone. When I hurried over, you were already down. Aah! Maybe it's the work of the alien!

Mitsurugi:
The alien? Wait, what happened to the cart?

Itonoko:
We didn't find one, sir.

Mitsurugi:
What? The cart has gone missing? There was a cart here. What's going on?

Mei:
Did you find it? How?

Mitsurugi:
Well...

Rou:
I see. So there were two carts after all.

Mitsurugi:
The one that disappeared last night belonged to the thieves. I deduced that Yahari's was where he last left it, and I'm sure I found it here.

Itonoko:
But there's nothing here anymore, sir.

Yahari:
Y-yeah, when I came, there wasn't anything.

Mitsurugi:
Which means, someone had taken it away. If they had used a push car, it certainly wouldn't be too difficult to move it, but just who would...?

Itonoko:
Maybe the one who struck you, sir?

Mitsurugi:
Yes, I naturally thought so too.

Mikumo:
But who could it be?

Rou:
Perhaps, it may even be some remnants of those jewelry thieves. - It could even be someone connected to the jewelry thieves.

Yahari:
Eh!?

Mitsurugi:
Yahari, when you found me, did you really not see anyone?

Yahari:
U-um... ah, yeah, about that, I think I did see a shadow of someone running away.

Mitsurugi:
That's strange.

Yahari:
Eh? What is?

Mitsurugi:
Just earlier you said you didn't see anyone.

Yahari:
Oh, d-did I?

Rou:
Something's fishy here.

Mei:
Indeed.

Yahari:
Wai-wai-wai-wait, there's nothing, f-f-fishy about it at all!

Mikumo:
He sure is stammering a lot.

Itonoko:
And getting even more suspicious, pal.

Yahari:
Wh-why's everyone giving me that look like I'm the bad guy here?

Mitsurugi:
Yahari, what are you hiding?

Yahari:
*twitch* I-I'm not hiding anything!

Mei:
How suspicious. You couldn't really be a member of those thieves, could you?

Yahari:
Huh!? Why would I?

Mei:
Speaking of suspicious, what's stranger than a cart being stolen by aliens? It is not inconceivable he's attempting to confuse our investigation by giving us impossible testimony.

Yahari:
I wouldn't do anything like that! I know nothing of any jewels! - I don't know about any jewels!

Rou:
Just to be sure, we're gonna give you a full-body search.

Yahari:
But I'm not hiding anything!

*glint*

Mitsurugi:
This is...

Mikumo:
It's a ring, isn't it!?

Itonoko:
Could it be one of the stolen goods!?

Rou:
Let me see that. Hm? This is...!

Mei:
It looks like one of the stolen jewels.

Mikumo:
Eeeh!? Yahari-san, why did you... no way!

Itonoko:
*glare*

Yahari:
Why is everyone looking at me like that!? Y-you're wrong! That ring's a different one entirely! Mitsurugi, say something! - That ring's got nothing to do with it!

Mitsurugi:
It's what you deserve for giving such shoddy testimony.

Yahari:
Don't give me that! Do something about this! - Do something!

Mitsurugi:
There's no helping it when it comes to you. - If it's you, then I suppose I'll have to.

Mei:
So, can you prove this fool's innocence?

Mitsurugi:
Yes. Allow me to show you.

*rebuttal*

Mitsurugi:
First of all, on what grounds do you suppose Yahari to be the criminal?

Mei:
His testimony that's been confusing the investigation, as well as that ring found on him. He's highly under suspicion.
-It's his testimony that's confused the investigation, not to mention the ring we found on him. It's all highly suspicious.

Mitsurugi:
Hold it!
Hold it! Yes, Yahari's testimony is certainly nonsensical. However, if he is indeed a member of that group of criminals, would he really have needed to come and give false testimony to me, a prosecutor? If he would just stay quiet, I would never know he was even involved.

Mei:
Objection!
It's for the purpose of obstructing the investigation. By giving that false testimony and confusing us, he may be trying to stall for time. - It's to obstruct the investigation.

Mitsurugi:
And for what?

Mei:
It's to make sure the jewels have been moved to a safe place, of course. - To make sure...

Mitsurugi:
Mmph... And yet, what disappeared this time was Yahari's actual cart. Recall the one the thieves used to hide their spoils was one other. - And yet, it was Larry's actual cart that disappeared this time. Recall that the cart the thieves used the other one to hide their spoils.

Rou:
Not so fast!
If that guy's one of those thieves, that entire premise is overturned. It's only natural to think he hid the loot in his own cart.

Mitsurugi:
Grk... It's no good. There's no room for error in their reasoning. If this keeps up, I won't be able to overturn their suspicion of Yahari. Not to mention, I don't have proof otherwise...

Yahari:
N-no way! I really don't know anything about that! I just didn't want to find that cart! ...Ah! - I really don't know anything about it! I just didn't want anyone to find that cart!

Mitsurugi:
What? Just what do you mean by that?

Yahari:
I, um... I'm not talking! I dun wanna say it!

Mei:
So now it's come to this.

*whip*

Yahari:
'Cause it's embarrassing!

Mitsurugi:
You think this is the time to be embarrassed!?

Yahari:
An embarrassing thing is something to be embarrassed about! - I can't help being embarrassed by something that's embarrassing!

Mitsurugi:
What an unreasonably stubborn guy. But, now I understand what your attitude just earlier was about. If you're not talking, then I'll just have to explain it myself.

Yahari:
Eh?

Mitsurugi:
You aren't a member of those thieves. However, the one who snatched away the cart I found was none other than you!

Yahari:
Eep!

Mikumo:
Eh!? Then, the one who attacked you was Yahari-san!?

Yahari:
I-I didn't mean to attack him! I just thought that it'd be bad if that cart was found! When I tried to cover his eyes, I accidentally knocked him over.

Mei:
And so, he tumbled over and hit his head on a rock, and that's why he fainted?

Itonoko:
But why did that even happen?

Mitsurugi:
He didn't want that cart to be found.

Rou:
Then it wasn't one of the stolen goods, huh?

Mei:
You mean that ring, yes?

Mitsurugi:
No, it was not one of them. It is a present for someone called Miharu or something like that.

Yahari:
Eh!? Mitsurugi, how did you...?

Mitsurugi:
Miharu was the one who called you just earlier. And, that call from then was about you being dumped. - She called to break up with you, didn't she?

Itonoko:
You were being dumped, pal!?

Yahari:
Aaaaaaaaaah!

Rou:
Looks like a bulls-eye.

Mitsurugi:
Yahari planned to propose to her, so that ring must have been an engagement ring.

Yahari:
H-how do you know so much?

Mitsurugi:
Earlier, you mentioned that you might ask me to give a speech. That speech is for the wedding. In that case, everything ties together. Furthermore, there must be something else besides the ring that you left on the cart. That's why you would toll so hard working at that stand. But, once that call came in and she dumped you, all that work had to disappear. Or rather, had to be hidden. That's why you hid the cart altogether. - Did you mean a wedding speech, perhaps? And it couldn't just have been a ring you were storing in the cart, or else you wouldn't have spent so much time working on it.

Yahari:
Eegh...! You figured out even that much... Mitsurugi, you're terrifying.

Mikumo:
Aha, so the culprit was Yahari, but it was for a matter unrelated to the other case.

Mei:
A false alarm. What a troublemaker.

Mikumo:
Yahari-san, why were you dumped? Larry, why did she dump you?

Yahari:
That's what I want to know! Waaaaaaaah...

Mitsurugi:
You'll have time to cry later! Where did you move the cart?

Yahari:
*sniff* Over there.

Mitsurugi:
Alright. Let's go have a look.

Mikumo:
Ah, there it is! It's the cart!

Mitsurugi:
Are you sure it's this one? - Are you sure this is it?

Yahari:
I'm sure.

Itonoko:
He sounds kinda like a suspect.

Mei:
Wait a moment. Let's check it... These do seem to be ordinary Tonosamanjuu.

Rou:
As I thought, the thieves' treasure was on another cart.

Mei:
The bomb may also be there.

Itonoko:
Oh yeah, the bomb hasn't been found yet. Talk about dangerous, sir!

Mikumo:
Huh? Noko-chan, what are you holding? A bag? - Gummy, what's that you got there? A bag?

Mitsurugi:
You weren't holding a bag of that sort earlier. - I don't recall you having that earlier.

Itonoko:
I found it over there just now, sir. I thought it was something sent to the police box. I thought it was something sent to the police box, and I should take it in. - I thought it might be a good idea to clarify here that Gummy doesn't realize he can open the box himself, being a detective.

Rou:
You're a police officer too. How about checking what's inside? - You're a police officer too, you know.

Itonoko:
Oh, now that you mention it, I am. Okay, I'll open it up! Huh? I think I've seen this somewhere before...

Mikumo:
Ooh, let me see! Aaaah! Isn't this dynamite!?

Mitsurugi:
What? Why is such a thing even in here? - What's something like that doing in here?

Mei:
Th-that's the bomb I've been searching for. The one the thieves use.

Itonoko:
Dynamite!? What do we do with this!? It's gonna blow!!

Mitsurugi:
Settle down, Detective Itonokogiri! If it's not lit, it won't explode.

Mei:
That's right. First of all, it was left in a bag, on top of that cart.

Itonoko:
My hands are shaking, sir... Ah! The bag got caught on some kind of lever!

Yahari:
That's not good!

Itonoko:
Fire!!

Yahari:
That's why I said that's not good!! - I told you it wasn't good!!

Mei:
Why is there fire coming from here of all places!?

Rou:
The dynamite's been lit!

Mitsurugi:
Leave it, let's get out of here!

Yahari:
Aaaaaaaaaah!!

*boom*

Oh, Larry! :larry:

Yay, only one more ep to go, guys, and I'll be able to declare this little side project over!

About that something that bothered me...
Spoiler: Ep 3, 4
How exactly did Larry manage to struggle with Edgeworth so that the latter would end up falling over? If Larry was behind him, he wouldn't have fallen backward. So he should have fallen forward, but how did that happen? Did Edgey break free from Larry's grip and end up stumbling forward? Or did Larry end up tackling him so hard into him that both of them went down together? But they clearly struggled for a bit before that happened.

I'm foncused. I mean confused.

Mikumo:
Eeeeeeek!

Yahari:
Waaaaaah!

Mitsurugi:
...I-is everyone alright?

Mei:
Somehow... - I think so...

Mikumo:
*cough* It looks like everyone's still alive!

Rou:
What was that fire?

Yahari:
It was the fireworks I set up for...

Rou:
Fireworks? ...Ah? What's all this?

Mei:
Fireworks. - It's the fireworks.

Mikumo:
Whoooa, so pretty!

Itonoko:
Ah, fireworks in the winter sure are nice. But why did the fireworks come from the cart? - Ah, fireworks in the winter sure are nice, pal. But why were there fireworks in the cart?

Yahari:
Stop! Please stop it! It's not truuuue! Stop! Please stop it! This can't be happeniiiiinnngg!

Mitsurugi:
Yahari, what are you panicking about?

Mikumo:
Huh? Now the fireworks are forming words.

Itonoko:
Uh, "I Love Miha..."

Mei:
It says "I Love Miharu".

Rou:
What the hell is this?

Yahari:
Waahahaaaah...

Mikumo:

Mitsurugi:

Rou:

Yahari:
*sob* Please make it stooop!

Mei:
So is this his means of proposal? - So this was how he was intending to propose?

Yahari:
I planned to propose to Miharu during the event, so I prepared all this! - I prepared all this so I could propose to Miharu during the event!

Itonoko:
So this was what you were hiding, pal?

Mikumo:
And before he could show it, he got dumped. Poor guy.

Yahari:
...I've fallen into despair... - ...I can't take this anymore...

Mei:
Don't give us these annoying contrivances of yours! - Stop bothering us with these foolish little ventures of yours!

*whip*

Yahari:
Eek! How was I supposed to know!? - I didn't mean to!!

Itonoko:
Even when he's taken so much emotional trauma that he's practically dead, this is literally whipping the deceased! - Considering he's practically dead from emotional trauma, this is literally whipping the deceased!

Yahari:
Tell me about it! I've lost my love and my cart. Just what should I do now...? - I've lost my love and now my cart. I just don't know what to do anymore...

Mitsurugi:
If you need a cart, you still have one, don't you? - If it's the cart you're worried about, I'd say there would still be one around, wouldn't you?

Yahari:
Huh? Where?

Mitsurugi:
Detective Itonokogiri, there must be signs left from the crane car around the lake. Look for it.

Yahari:
Why the crane?

Mikumo:
Wait, so, I was right!? The cart really did transform into a crane!

Mitsurugi:
No.

Mikumo:
Eh? I'm wrong?

Yahari:
Then where is it?

Mitsurugi:
At the bottom of this lake.

Mikumo:
Ah! It's the cart! It really was down there!

Mitsurugi:
As I figured, the jewels were hidden at the bottom of the lake.

Mei:
It's the thieves' cart, huh?

Mitsurugi:
Yes, it is. When the Interpol were close to discovering it, they must have hurried and submerged it into the lake.

Itonoko:
So they didn't send it off into the air, huh?

Yahari:
But, I swear I saw it. It flew up into the air.

Mitsurugi:
It's true that it did move upward for a moment. It was to submerge it. - But that was to submerge it.

Itonoko:
What do you mean, sir?

Rou:
Ah, that's where the crane comes in.

Mitsurugi:
That's correct. From the outset, the stolen jewels were hidden at the bottom of the lake. To complete their transaction, they would have had to pull it back up. That was what the crane was used for.

Yahari:
So it was that crane that I saw?

Mei:
The tank used for diving and the wetsuit were used for that purpose, I see.

Mitsurugi:
To use the crane wire to pull up the jewels at the lake bottom, there had to be someone to dive for them.

Yahari:
Then, what about the alien I saw...?

Mitsurugi:
It was the diver that emerged from the water.

Mikumo:
The shiny and slippery black body was the wetsuit, and the huge eyes were the underwater mask, huh?

Mitsurugi:
And its voice was made by using the gas mixture with helium in it to make it sound higher.

Mei:
Confusing a diver for an alien, you truly are one annoying fool!

*whip*

Yahari:
Eek! But that's just what I saw!

Mitsurugi:
It must have been because of the silhouette cast by the full moon's light. Moreover, he was struck by one of the thieves and fell unconscious.

Yahari:
Eh? I was hit and so I fainted? - Someone knocked me out?

Mitsurugi:
Feel the back of your head.

Yahari:
My head? Wha!? Th-there's a bump!

Rou:
What an astounding guy. You didn't even notice it until now?

Yahari:
I did think my head hurt for some reason. - I did think my head hurt a bit.

Mikumo:
But Mitsurugi-san, how did you figure out he was hit?

Mitsurugi:
Everyone must have noticed the swelling on the back of his head.

Itonoko:
Oh yeah, he was freaking out and telling us to take that chip out of his head.

Mitsurugi:
Yes. Since he kept thinking that "a chip was planted" and making a racket over it, he missed the truth behind it. Since aliens don't exist, there couldn't be a chip planted inside. If we assume that it's only a bump, then it's clear enough. Simplicity is the answer. - Yes, since he kept panicking about having 'a chip planted in it', he missed the real cause entirely. Aliens don't exist, so couldn't have a chip in his head.

Itonoko:
I see.

Mitsurugi:
Furthermore, though he was shocked by however many aliens he thought he saw, it would be unnatural for him to faint. He's not that delicate of a person. - Furthermore, it wouldn't make sense for him to faint purely at the sight of the aliens, no matter if he was shocked by them.

Yahari:
Why not!? I'm plenty naive!

Mei:
He certainly had a delicate way of proposing.

Yahari:
Just forget about that already! - Could we please stop talking about that!

Mitsurugi:
If we put the swelling and the fact that he fainted together, we can easily deduce that he lost consciousness due to a blow to the head. And just before he lost consciousness, he claimed to have seen a UFO fleet.

Yahari:
Yeah, you're right. I really did see it. That's why I thought the diver was an alien.

Mitsurugi:
You have it backwards. It's because you thought you saw an alien that you mistook the blinking in your vision as the flickering of a spaceship.

Rou:
The blinking in his vision? What do you mean by that?

Mitsurugi:
It's what's known as "seeing stars" upon being hit. When this idiot knocked me over and I hit my head on that rock, I saw them too.

Yahari:
Please don't bring that up anymore! I said I was sorry!

Mei:
I'm astounded. Are you saying he mistook that for a UFO?

Mikumo:
That seems like Yahari-san! - That sure sounds like Larry!

Yahari:
Eh~? Really?

Mitsurugi:
It's not a compliment.

Yahari:
Then, could you give that cart to me? That way, I could set up a cart for the event. - Then, could I have that cart?

Mitsurugi:
What are you talking about? That cart was yours to begin with.

Yahari:
Wha? Mine?

Mitsurugi:
The first one to be stolen was that cart. There aren't too many Tonosamanjuu carts around, after all.

Yahari:
Oh, so it was mine all along?

Mikumo:
Isn't that great, Yahari-san?

Yahari:
Alright, with this, I'll turn over a new leaf and sell those Tonosamanjuu like crazy! And find new love!

Mitsurugi:
You shouldn't be in such high spirits over nothing! Now, go home. It's going to be completely dark soon. (Way past your bedtime, Larry!) - I wouldn't get worked up over nothing!

Mikumo:
Guess your precious day off is over. - Guess this pretty much ruined your day off.

Mitsurugi:
We've uncovered yet another truth. That's good enough for me. It's my job, after all. - We've uncovered the truth yet again.

End

Quote:
Mikumo:

Mitsurugi:

Rou:

About this part, I'm not sure how to fit in the eraser part, since it doesn't have any similarities to 'marry me' or anyother similar proposal phrases.

One thought I had about this was the similarity between 'Larry' and 'marry', so instead maybe it could run something like this:

Quote:
Kay:
Oh, they're making more words. Umm, 'L...A...R...R...Y'; Larry?

Edgeworth:
No, I believe it's supposed to read, 'marry', as in 'marry me'.

Lang:
So, he mixed up the M with an L, huh.

迷探偵

As the story is set in winter and the original radio broadcast was around Christmas, maybe Merry (Christmas, holidays etc)?

Hmm, "merry" wouldn't be bad, but I have to wonder how he'd mix up 'A' and 'E'. Then, I was struck with an idea of my own. How's this?

Quote:
Kay:
Oh, they're making more words. Umm, 'M...A...R...Y'; Mary? Wait, wasn't that girl's name Miharu?

Edgeworth:
No, I believe it's supposed to read, 'marry', as in 'marry me'.

Lang:
So, he missed an R, huh.

Speaking of which, should we bother to localize Miharu's name, or keep it as is? I really like the name "Verna" (from Latin for "spring"), to match the 'haru' bit, but that's just me.

Page 1 of 2 [ 47 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)