Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Getting perfect rips, the serious wayTopic%20Title

Programmer

So you guys might have noticed that there are some rips of this game on the site now. While they are credited to me, I did not submit them and did in fact not compose the sheets. I did make an extraction tool. I don't like sheets, but I don't mind them being there.

However, I find it far better to have real access to the sprite data in the game. And unlike the last guy, I like to share my methods with the public. The game is reasonably nice in how it stores the assets. It uses some simple custom archive files that I managed to reverse engineer the format of. And in those there are stock file formats.

I wrote a tool to deal with these files in ActionScript 3. The source code is public in case anyone is curious on how it all works. It's mostly gui code and such, the real code lies in my support library.

Of curse, most people here doesn't know anything about programming. For those there is just the option of using the prebuilt version of the tool.

You will need a copy of the game ROM in order to use my tool. I am not distributing that. You have to obtain it yourself. If you don't know how I recommend asking your nearest friend who seems to have all the latest games on handlabeled discs before they are released in stores for assistance.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!
Re: Getting perfect rips, the serious wayTopic%20Title

The protagonists of my fangame!

Henke, you wouldn't know anything about the models in GK1 and Apollo Justice, would you?

Programmer

The 3d models? I am afraid I do not. I don't know much about those games, if anything. The games are just using a few big files that contain everything.

Edit: I cracked the file format of the files in AJ. Most of the graphics is stored in some unknown (likely raw) formated files. But the 3d models are luckily stored in the Nintendo stock file formats. If you want to you can use the support library I linked to in the OP to fish them out of the game.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

1000% Knight

So, uh, how exactly do you rip the graphics with this stuff? What do you do with the source code and support library?

...Or rather, since I'm one of those people that know nothing about programming, what do I do with the GKTool.air file?
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Programmer

You need Adobe Flash if you want to compile the code. It should work with the open source flex compiler too, but my tools are not made using it.

As for the AIR file, install the AIR runtime in order to install and run it.

The protagonists of my fangame!

I can't open the .fla files that make up the support library. Also, is there a manual or something for GKTool? I can't figure out the NCER editor.

Programmer

The fla files is technically not part of the support library, they are various test files for it. The actual library code is in the Nitro package. The fla files are saved in the latest version of flash I used to edit them. For most of those that's cs 5.5. Your version of Flash may simply be too old. But most of them are little more than saying "use this class as the document class". It should be trivial to make equivalent files in any flash version from CS 4 and up. CS 3 won't work due to me using the Vector class, and the CS 3 compiler doesn't support that. And anything older than CS 3 doesn't even support ActionScript 3.

As for GKTool, there is no manual available. The editor is not completed (but it should be working). But what you want is to just extract the graphics. Just click that button and take a 10 minute break while everything is output as png files.

1000% Knight

W...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

GKTool is amazing, henke! All of a sudden, all of the images from GK2 were on my computer! *_* They're really unorganized, but whatever.

Thanks SO much! ^_^ For making GKTool, and also for such a quick reply.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Programmer

They are exactly as organized as they where in the game. The first two folder levels corresponds to names in the real fs, while the numbers are indexes in the archives, subarchives and NCER files.

EDIT: I cracked one of the image formats used by AJ. It is just 16 bit width, 15 bit height, 1 bit unknown, XBGR 16 bpp palette and then tiled pixel data at either 4 bpp or 8 bpp. I wrote a reader for it.

Could you please make a tutorial on how to use the AIR GKTool for a noob?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Pol74698 wrote:
Could you please make a tutorial on how to use the AIR GKTool for a noob?

NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT! NECRO ALERT!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)