Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen

Page 2 of 2[ 49 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Ghost Trick's futureTopic%20Title

beterbomen wrote:
gems_01 wrote:
^ hey! haha I take it you don't want Sissel as the protagonist either? Not that I have anything against him.

Well, I would like Sissel as the protagonist, but if he's not, I won't be bothered.
What I meant was: "Finaly someone who also wants to see a sequel be made, and isn't afraid that the original's ending will be ruined by it somehow!"

Oh I see. Well Ghost Trick was so crazy good that I have faith the makers would be able to set up a plausible sequel in that implausible world :keiko:
Mostly I just wanna play another GT game!

gems_01 wrote:
beterbomen wrote:
gems_01 wrote:
^ hey! haha I take it you don't want Sissel as the protagonist either? Not that I have anything against him.

Well, I would like Sissel as the protagonist, but if he's not, I won't be bothered.
What I meant was: "Finaly someone who also wants to see a sequel be made, and isn't afraid that the original's ending will be ruined by it somehow!"

Oh I see. Well Ghost Trick was so crazy good that I have faith the makers would be able to set up a plausible sequel in that implausible world :keiko:
Mostly I just wanna play another GT game!

Same!

EDIT: I found this in another thread. It's something I wrote some time ago about a potential GT sequel, and what we can do about it; I want to share it here, too:

beterbomen wrote:
Takumi said in an interview that he'd work on more Ghost Trick if the fans demanded it, and really, I think we should, for reasons I already outlined earlier. You're right about it being a shame to let this thing die or fade away, and we shouldn't let it happen.
I think the main reason fans haven't really voiced their demand for more Ghost Trick is because of the same reasons you displayed: they feel the game is good as it is, and they're afraid that a sequel will somehow deminish the original.
Let me be clear here: It won't. Any sequel, no matter how crap, is not going to re-write the original. It's not going to make the story any worse, because of how nicely contained it is. Even if it's crap, we can just ignore it and enjoy the original for what it is.
It's common when dealing with situations like this, where a great new IP comes out with no clear plans or ideas about it's future, for it's fans to adopt a "We should just be happy with what we got" stance, but I think that's the wrong idea here. We should make it clear to Capcom and Takumi how much we enjoyed Ghost Trick if we want them to do anything new with it.

Personaly, I think Ghost Trick is the future for Takumi's work, more than Ace Attorney. AA is a great series, but after all this time it's starting to age a bit. It's still great, but the constant demand of it's fans for more has boiled it down a bit, leading to stupid fan-service games like AAI. (nothing against AAI, by the way, but... yeah, it was mostly there to give the fans what they wanted. Ema, anyone?)
I think that what its fans are really asking for every time they demand a sequel is not really a return of the characters and stories of the old games, but rather another great combination of story and gameplay that the series provideded when it introduced those. Ghost Trick is still young, and can provide that kind of experience with a greater ease than Ace Attorney can.
We shouldn't be afraid to demand more. In fact, we would be stupid not to. A sequel isn't going to kill Ghost Trick, I'm sure of that.
Letting it go, leaving it at this to slip away into obscurity and fade from memory is what's going to kill it. We can't, and shouldn't, let that happen.
Takumi is going to work on other things at some point, and Capcom is going to give up on Ghost Trick at some point. If we want this to happen, we have to make it clear to Capcom what we think of Ghost Trick fast.
So let it be heard: We want more!

Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

^ so true! the fact that GT had a true ending means that a sequel can be ignored by fans who have problems with it, or it could add more awesomeness to the series. I feel it would be the latter for me :odoroki:

I don't see why people wouldn't be more encouraging about a sequel. Ghost Trick design wise is so fresh and unique that I'd love to see more games like it. I saw a funny thing the other day of Ace Attorney characters made into the GT design. I'm not saying I want an ace attorney/ghost tricks crossover (I definitely don't), but I think it just shows how unique and cool the design is.
Spoiler:

I wouldn't want GT to be a one-off trick. Though I don't agree the Ace Attorney series should be put to rest (GS5 and many more please!)

gems_01 wrote:
I wouldn't want GT to be a one-off trick. Though I don't agree the Ace Attorney series should be put to rest (GS5 and many more please!)

Oh, me neither. I'm looking foward to GS5 as much as you, I think. What I meant was just that Ghost Trick can deliver that "wow" feeling we get from AA more easily because it's not so weighed down by things introduced in earlier games (yet). The world of AA is a familiar place, with characters and rule which we've gotten to know so well, we instincively know how they "tick", and would be able to tell right away about if they started acting in "off" ways. That limits innovation. Ghost Trick's world, on the other hand, is still mostly a mystery (and may stay that way for longer because of the way the storytelling is build - assuming they stay close to the precedent the original set). There are many questions left unanswered, and we haven't even seen that much of it yet(even with everything that happened in the game, we still only get to see a handfull of locations, and only get to meet a handfull of people).
--------------

Dubbleposting?! Oh no!
And so, the thread - and the forum - grinds to a halt once again.
*Sigh*

Ghost Trick 2 isn't going to apear anytime soon like this, you know.
--------------

OBJECTION!

gems_01 wrote:
^ so true! the fact that GT had a true ending means that a sequel can be ignored by fans who have problems with it, or it could add more awesomeness to the series. I feel it would be the latter for me :odoroki:

I don't see why people wouldn't be more encouraging about a sequel. Ghost Trick design wise is so fresh and unique that I'd love to see more games like it. I saw a funny thing the other day of Ace Attorney characters made into the GT design. I'm not saying I want an ace attorney/ghost tricks crossover (I definitely don't), but I think it just shows how unique and cool the design is.
Spoiler:

They all look so good drawn in the GT way, it suits them especially, Mia, Maya and Edgey :D
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Gettin' Old!

grim_tales wrote:
gems_01 wrote:

Spoiler:

They all look so good drawn in the GT way, it suits them especially, Mia, Maya and Edgey :D

Yeah they look fantastic, but I dunno...I think Edgeworth should look more...handsome, his nose don't seem quite right even if it looks dead on with the style.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I'm also in the camp that a sequel would be great, but I also find it difficult to do. It's not that I think that the ending would be ruined, but more the reverse: that the ending ruined most chances of a sequel. (I feel sort of silly adding a spoiler tag here, as most people probably already played the game but I'll do it just to be safe.)
Spoiler:
Time was rewritten, so that most of the motivation for the first game is gone. Sissel still has the meteorite inside him, though, which the ending made a point of showing without a doubt. So, as people have said, having someone die near Sissel could give them Ghost Tricks. Or die near another meteor shard, whether it be the park one or another that landed elsewhere. Having Sissel be the hero again would be pointless. His motivation was thinking he was human, an wanting to know why he died. Keeping it secret that he's a cat was a big part of the plot, although in replaying it, there are plenty of clues to that effect. Someone suggested Sissel's kittens? I doubt that's possible, as Sissel is dead and doesn't age, not even to maturity (unless that already happened). Pretty sure a dead person cannot have kittens, though, even with this magic.

I have another theory which would also make it hard to make a sequel.
Spoiler:
The way the game was written, it almost implies that each species gets its own style of Ghost Trick. Cats get the manipulate trick, dogs get the swap trick (although with age it turns into manipulation tricks, it seems), and humans can manipulate living creatures. It'd be hard to pull off the same trick as the first game, as we're already prepared for it. Unless this is not the rule, I don't imagine a convincing sequel could be made.

I don't like the idea of going to another planet, though. I think the blue skin was just a case of making them color coded for our convenience, and such a minor feature that it doesn't make them less human. The game is more fantastical than sci-fi, and I'd rather not have the two cross. Magic space rocks? It's been done before, and I'm fine with it staying a mystery, since they didn't ever reveal the city or countries involved.

gems_01 wrote:

Ahaha. I see what you did there.

Based on the ending you could still have the same cast and have it based in the future from where the ending leaves off since Sissel at the end says
Spoiler:
"And it looks like.. ill have plenty to watch here for quite a while.."
Page 2 of 2 [ 49 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen