Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 7 of 29[ 1153 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 29  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

Sorry for my bad English. I don't care about spoilers (because I won't be able to play the game) so if a "Yes" or "No" isn't enough you can explain it.

1. Do Apollo or Simon testify in the game?
Spoiler: GS5 spoiler
Everyone talks about an image of Athena splattered in blood. In which case does that show up? Is that the goriest image in the game?

Spoiler: GS5 Case 5 spoiler
Why does Athena have a black Psyche-Lock?

Ash wrote:
AmethystnoHoshi wrote:
Also
Spoiler:
what is the deal about Apollo and Phoenix splitting up?
Spoiler:
Apollo's on the trail of something that kinda forces him to leave the agency[/vague]

Spoiler:
Could someone expand that explanation?

I heard that the last case in this game was the shortest in the entire series. Is that true?

6. Could you say every character who has a vocalized interjection in this game?
It is true that Mood Matrix doesn't work with Phantom because s/he doesn't have emotions?

Was Simon innocent for the murder he supposedly commited? Who did he supposedly killed? If he was innocent, why was he arrested?

Moni_22 wrote:
Mr.Devil wrote:
I have a question... Case 4 or 5 spoilers.

Spoiler:
Does Kaguya have a breakdown?

Spoiler:
No.

More details:

Spoiler:
You cross-examine her just once, but she isn't present herself. She talks by her robot. So yeah, no breakdown.

Spoiler:
Why does she talk by her robot?

Bad Player wrote:
jaydrick0620 wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5? I think
WHy do they use the bombed courtroom?

Spoiler: Case 5
Whatshername demands that they hold a trial or else she'll start killing hostages, and the only courtroom that wasn't being used that day was the destroyed one.

Spoiler:
Who is she?

Wow, I'm so sorry, that was a LOT of questions.
I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

The Reaper ~

SweetieBot wrote:
Sorry for my bad English. I don't care about spoilers (because I won't be able to play the game) so if a "Yes" or "No" isn't enough you can explain it.

1. Do Apollo or Simon testify in the game?
Everyone talks about an image of Athena splattered in blood. In which case does that show up? Is that the goriest image in the game?

Why does Athena have a black Psyche-Lock?

Spoiler:
Could someone expand that explanation?

I heard that the last case in this game was the shortest in the entire series. Is that true?

6. Could you say every character who has a vocalized interjection in this game?
It is true that Mood Matrix doesn't work with Phantom because s/he doesn't have emotions?

Was Simon innocent for the murder he supposedly commited? Who did he supposedly killed? If he was innocent, why was he arrested?

Spoiler:
Why does she talk by her robot?

Spoiler:
Who is she?

Wow, I'm so sorry, that was a LOT of questions.

I'll try:

Spoiler:
Both.

Spoiler:
Cases 1 and 5, it's a flashback. Yeah, probably.

Spoiler:
Black Psyche Locks appears when someone is hiding something unconsciously.

Spoiler:
He's looking for his friend's murderer. And at first, he thought it was Athena, so he wanted to be far from her.

Spoiler:
I can't really say, but probably because there is only one investigation. It's the longest in the game though.

Spoiler:
Phoenix, Apollo, Athena, Jin, Miles, Klavier and Gaspen. Basically lawyers and prosecutors in the game.

Spoiler:
Yes.

Spoiler:
He was innocent, and he "killed" Athena's mother, who was his teacher in psychology. He was protecting Athena from being accused.

Spoiler:
She kidnapped people to force them to do a trial to save his brother, so obviously she couldn't be present.

Spoiler:
I already answer that xD So yeah, Kaguya.

About question 3...

Spoiler:
I already know that. I don't speak English very well, I think I didn't explain it correctly, sorry. I mean, what is Athena trying to hide?

Thank you very much, and sorry for asking so many questions xD

The Reaper ~

SweetieBot wrote:
About question 3...

Spoiler:
I already know that. I don't speak English very well, I think I didn't explain it correctly, sorry. I mean, what is Athena trying to hide?

Thank you very much, and sorry for asking so many questions xD

Oh xD Well...

Spoiler:
How to explain it... She is hiding what she saw when her mother died. She saw Phantom killing her mother, but she was afraid of that and she uncounsciously hides it, because it was a trauma for her. But at the end she remembers and the psyche locks break.

Godot's the Man

Are any plot threads continued from GS4? Please be vague, just want to know how good GS5 is as a follow up to GS4?

For example...
Spoiler: Plot thread from GS4 that is continued in GS5, no plot details
The fact that Black Physic Locks are explained.

Master of sharp things!

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Are any plot threads continued from GS4? Please be vague, just want to know how good GS5 is as a follow up to GS4?

For example...

Aside from that, no.

Godot's the Man

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:

For example...

Aside from that, no.

How about returning characters from GS4? Are there any? How about from GS1-3? Obviously aside from the ones announced pre-release? No names please, just give me an idea how many. Are they useful or do they fee like fan service similar to AAI?
Just in general, does GS4 feel like a follow up to GS5?

The Reaper ~

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Blademaster_Orca wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:

For example...

Aside from that, no.

How about returning characters from GS4? Are there any? How about from GS1-3? Obviously aside from the ones announced pre-release? No names please, just give me an idea how many. Are they useful or do they fee like fan service similar to AAI?

Spoiler:
Besides the characters announced (Miles, Pearl...) there aren't characters from other games.

Well in this game Phoenix is the main character but Apollo does have a lot of protagonist so I'd say it feels like a follow up to both GS3 and GS4.

Godot's the Man

Moni_22 wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:

Spoiler:
Besides the characters announced (Miles, Pearl...) there aren't characters from other games.

Well in this game Phoenix is the main character but Apollo does have a lot of protagonist so I'd say it feels like a follow up to both GS3 and GS4.

Spoiler: Response to the answer above, really no GS5 spoilers
You know what, as much as I would love to see some other returning characters, Im actually really happy. They dealt with returning characters terribly in AAI, I mean Ema in AAi-3 *shudder*. Happy they have new characters and new plot lines to explore. Only returning character I was ever happy about was DeKiller in GK2, since hes an awesome character, and he actually added to the plot. Happy to see GS5 wont be plagued by this (although Ive heard they dealt with Trucy terrible, but she kind of needed to be in GS5.)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Blademaster_Orca wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:

For example...

Aside from that, no.

Here, a more specific answer without revealing any particular spoilers.

Spoiler:
Besides those announced pre-release... there's one who only appears in flashback. In present-day, none. And of course, no characters from the GK games. That recurring character doesn't have a major part in the story.

It feels more like its own story, rather than any sort of follow-up. The focus is placed on the new characters rather than the old, and Apollo's backstory is only lightly touched upon (which doesn't involve Trucy in any way). And, there's but one investigation scene in the game where only GS1-3 characters are present. Though Phoenix still takes the greater majority of the protagonist role, the cases revolve around Athena and Simon.

The end also leaves a few mysteries, as if prepping for the next game, but without giving those loose ends much attention. So, it's still a solid ending, but an obvious attempt at advertising interest in GS6.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Godot's the Man

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:

Spoiler:
Besides those announced pre-release... there's one who only appears in flashback. In present-day, none. And of course, no characters from the GK games. That recurring character doesn't have a major part in the story.

It feels more like its own story, rather than any sort of follow-up. The focus is placed on the new characters rather than the old, and Apollo's backstory is only lightly touched upon (which doesn't involve Trucy in any way). And, there's but one investigation scene in the game where only GS1-3 characters are present. Though Phoenix still takes the greater majority of the protagonist role, the cases revolve around Athena and Simon.

The end also leaves a few mysteries, as if prepping for the next game, but without giving those loose ends much attention. So, it's still a solid ending, but an obvious attempt at advertising interest in GS6.

Spoiler: Minor recurring character spoilers
I assume your talking about Maya? How long is that flashback? I thought it was just for like one second say, something like, this is Maya she used to help me with cases. Also what do you mean by "One investigation scene in the game where only GS1-3 characters are present." Without giving away any plot details.

The Reaper ~

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:

Spoiler:

I assume your talking about Maya? How long is that flashback? I thought it was just for like one second say, something like, this is Maya she used to help me with cases. Also what do you mean by "One investigation scene in the game where only GS1-3 characters are present." Without giving away any plot details.

It's not exactly a flashback:

Spoiler:
Phoenix receives a letter for Maya, and while he is reading it that images appears.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Moni_22 wrote:

Spoiler:
Phoenix receives a letter for Maya, and while he is reading it that images appears.

Yes it is. There's a jump back in time. That's the very definition of a flashback.

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
There is only one investigation part in case 5, and it's one without Apollo or Athena around. Pearl and Edgeworth join him instead. So, technically, I should have said "GS1-2".

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Godot's the Man

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
There is only one investigation part in case 5, and it's one without Apollo or Athena around. Pearl and Edgeworth join him instead. So, technically, I should have said "GS1-2".

Ohhh, got it now. Thanks for all the answers!

The Reaper ~

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Moni_22 wrote:

Spoiler:

Yes it is. There's a jump back in time. That's the very definition of a flashback.

Well... yeah, but I think a flashback is more like a cutscene, that was just an image.

Give her the dick.

Spoiler: Case 3
Was it ever stated that this case was Athena's first case as a defense lawyer?

Regarding case 3:

Spoiler:
Does Chishio have some dumb 'tragic past' reason for crossdressing? Does she stop doing it after the reveal? Is it stated or implied that she and Rei get together?

1000% Knight

Agent 54c wrote:

Spoiler:
It's pretty much outright stated :P

elsabloodstone wrote:
Regarding case 3:

Spoiler:
Does Chishio have some dumb 'tragic past' reason for crossdressing? Does she stop doing it after the reveal? Is it stated or implied that she and Rei get together?

Spoiler:
Not really, it's just that her parents made her (although they don't state why)
Yes she does
No it isn't, at all

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
Agent 54c wrote:

Spoiler:
It's pretty much outright stated :P

elsabloodstone wrote:
Regarding case 3:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Not really, it's just that her parents made her (although they don't state why)
Yes she does
No it isn't, at all

Welp. Expected, but still pretty disappointing.
Thanks for answering!

Last edited by elsabloodstone on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

How many mood matrix overload sequences are there? when, who and what emotions? what do you do with them? but no plot details, please. :)

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Do we learn more about Apollo's father? Just yes or no please.

u r not my byrd

Can people mark their spoilers more... specifically? One of the spoiler tags just said 'GS5 Spoiler' or something and I got spoiled on something quite big to do with why the rating was a PEGI-16. (I knew the vague details, didn't know who it was, etc.) (This is probably my fault since it DID say GS5 Spoiler but I'd like people to be more specific with their spoiler tags)

Anyway, questions.
1) What prosecutors play in each case?
2) Does Edgeworth have a new Objection voice?
3) IIRC, there's a case which Apollo and Phoenix both take? Who takes what part of the case and why do they switch? (I'm not sure if it's been answered already)

I'm also still wondering why some people ask for the whole plot of the game (or some big plots), can't you just wait until the game comes out for that? :yuusaku:

The Reaper ~

unfitbrute8 wrote:
Do we learn more about Apollo's father? Just yes or no please.

Spoiler:
No.

ATeaAtLaw wrote:
1) What prosecutors play in each case?
2) Does Edgeworth have a new Objection voice?
3) IIRC, there's a case which Apollo and Phoenix both take? Who takes what part of the case and why do they switch? (I'm not sure if it's been answered already)

Spoiler:
1. Gaspen
2. Simon
3. Simon
4. Simon
5. Miles and then Simon.

Spoiler:
I'm not sure, but I think it's new.

Spoiler:
Yes, there is. First part is Apollo, then Phoenix. The first part is the trial when the bomb in case 1 explodes. So because of Apollo was injured Phoenix takes his place.

u r not my byrd

Moni_22 wrote:
Spoiler:
1. Gaspen
2. Simon
3. Simon
4. Simon
5. Miles and then Simon.

Putting this in a spoiler because it's better to be safe.
Spoiler: Prosecutors
Damn, is there no Klavier? I thought Klavier was in a case?

ATeaAtLaw wrote:
Moni_22 wrote:
Spoiler:
1. Gaspen
2. Simon
3. Simon
4. Simon
5. Miles and then Simon.

Spoiler: Answer to Prosecutors
Klavier is only in the mock trial of case 3, and doesn't appear in any real court during the game.

The Reaper ~

DimensionalGuy wrote:
ATeaAtLaw wrote:
Moni_22 wrote:
Spoiler:
1. Gaspen
2. Simon
3. Simon
4. Simon
5. Miles and then Simon.

Klavier is only in the mock trial of case 3, and doesn't appear in any real court during the game.

^- This, and besides.

Spoiler: Mock trial
The mock trial is really short, and doesn't feel like a real trial at all.

u r not my byrd

DimensionalGuy wrote:
ATeaAtLaw wrote:
Moni_22 wrote:
Spoiler:
1. Gaspen
2. Simon
3. Simon
4. Simon
5. Miles and then Simon.

Spoiler: Question relating to the answer
What is the mock trial? Do you play in the mock trial?

ATeaAtLaw wrote:
Can people mark their spoilers more... specifically? One of the spoiler tags just said 'GS5 Spoiler' or something and I got spoiled on something quite big to do with why the rating was a PEGI-16. (I knew the vague details, didn't know who it was, etc.) (This is probably my fault since it DID say GS5 Spoiler but I'd like people to be more specific with their spoiler tags)

I asked about which case does "that" appear in, so I couldn't be more specific with the spoiler tag. Sorry anyway.

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

Do we ever see Simon from the front? In-game I mean.
Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.

Just one more question, sorry: How old is Simon?

The Reaper ~

Voodoo Lady wrote:

Spoiler:
Yes.

SweetieBot wrote:

He's 28.

Moni_22 wrote:
Voodoo Lady wrote:

Spoiler:
Yes.

SweetieBot wrote:

He's 28.

While I'm glad he's not ridiculously young like most prosecutors, he looks much older than 28...

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

Oh yeah-- has the fandom agreed upon which of these cases is worst? From what I've seen it looks like that would be 5-2, but I don't think it's agreed upon to the extent that 2-3 or 4-3 were.
Voodoo Sprites

The Reaper ~

Thane wrote:
While I'm glad he's not ridiculously young like most prosecutors, he looks much older than 28...

Probably because of the eyes, but he doesn't look too old.

Spoiler: Case 5
His 21-year-old younger self did look young.

Voodoo Lady wrote:
Oh yeah-- has the fandom agreed upon which of these cases is worst? From what I've seen it looks like that would be 5-2, but I don't think it's agreed upon to the extent that 2-3 or 4-3 were.

I don't really dislike any cases unlike other AA games. But if I have to chose my least favourite... maybe 5-1 or 5-2, though there are some parts I really like.

How much are the cases in GS5 connected, compared to GK2?

1000% Knight

Evooooooooooooooooooooo

I'd say about an AJ-level of connectedness

The Reaper ~

Bad Player wrote:
Evooooooooooooooooooooo

Really? I think they are much more connected.

Spoiler: Cases
Like case 1 is the continuation of first part of case 4, who is directly followed by case 5. Also in both case 1 and 3 the suspect is Juniper, in case 3 we learn more about her and Athena. Case 2 is the only one who isn't really connected, though we meet Simon and Fulbright there, so it's important.

1000% Knight

Moni_22 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Evooooooooooooooooooooo

Like case 1 is the continuation of first part of case 4, who is directly followed by case 5. Also in both case 1 and 3 the suspect is Juniper, in case 3 we learn more about her and Athena. Case 2 is the only one who isn't really connected, though we meet Simon and Fulbright there, so it's important.

Spoiler: My reasoning
If we think of 5-4 and 5-5 as the same case...

4-1 and 4-4 are intimately connected, just like 5-1 and 5-4.
4-3 is thematically connected with the "lack of decisive evidence" and lets us learn more about important stuff for the overarching plot (Gramaryes), 5-3 is thematically connected with the "dark times of the law" and lets us learn about important stuff for the overarching plot (Athena's past)
4-2 isn't really connected, but introduces your assistant, prosecutor, and detective; 5-2 isn't really connected, but introduces your assistant, prosecutor, and detective.

The Reaper ~

Bad Player wrote:
Moni_22 wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
Evooooooooooooooooooooo

Spoiler: My reasoning
If we think of 5-4 and 5-5 as the same case...

4-1 and 4-4 are intimately connected, just like 5-1 and 5-4.
4-3 is thematically connected with the "lack of decisive evidence" and lets us learn more about important stuff for the overarching plot (Gramaryes), 5-3 is thematically connected with the "dark times of the law" and lets us learn about important stuff for the overarching plot (Athena's past)
4-2 isn't really connected, but introduces your assistant, prosecutor, and detective; 5-2 isn't really connected, but introduces your assistant, prosecutor, and detective.

Spoiler:
Mm well you have your points. But I didn't feel like AJ's cases where too connected. AA5 feels more like a GK game so it feels the cases are one big story like GK and GK2, though not THAT connected.

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

Oh yeah-- do we see Gaspen outside of the prosecutor's bench?
Voodoo Sprites
Page 7 of 29 [ 1153 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 29  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)