Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 29[ 1153 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next

"I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Time for a time-honored C-R tradition. The trouble with trying to find out something about a game like Ace Attorney is that you can't just wander into a thread and start looking, lest you hit a wall of spoilers. So what do you do?

Well, you come here. This thread can be used to ask any question about the game, and someone who has it will do their best to answer you. Answers will be properly spoiler tagged, of course.

As for questions, use your own judgment when it comes to spoiler tags - asking "how's the Judge's voice" doesn't need a spoiler tag. Asking "I saw a video of character Y killing victim X, why did Y do that" does.

Also, this topic shouldn't be used for walkthrough questions - we'll have a separate one for that. :minuki:

Ask away!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies EditionTopic%20Title

The Chords of Steel

Let's get the ball rolling.

Does Ema appears or is she referenced at all?
Also, what about Trucy's and Klavier's character themes? Are they the same from AA4 or are they updated remixes?

Godot's the Man

I shall start with a few questions.

1. How many cases are there?
2. Is there a flashback case? If not is there at least an old case that is mentioned?
3. Are the returning characters fanservicey like in AAI or are they actually useful.
4. Is there a final boss, in the sense that there is someone who is involved with all the cases that you face off with at the end? Just Yes or No.
5. Do Case 2 and 3 take place after Case 1?
6. Do we get to play as anyone besides the characters already announced? Just yes or no. Also. Are there any other prosecutors we get to play against besides the ones already announced.
7. How good is the first case as far as first cases go. Better than 4-1? Can you rank it compared to other first cases?
Even if you can just answer one question thats fine. Thanks!

Last edited by GyakutenGodot on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:21 am, edited 6 times in total.

I just got one: Does Maya show up?

Spoiler: Case 1
Is it known from the start that there's a victim, like it was something that was edited out of the demos?

Charlieboy90 wrote:
Let's get the ball rolling.

Also, what about Trucy's and Klavier's character themes? Are they the same from AA4 or are they updated remixes?

Trucy has an updated version of her AJ theme. We could hear it back in June in some Capcom show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8QvY_2g8Rw 9:50, there are no spoilers.

GyakutenGodot wrote:
I shall start with a few questions. Non are spoilery at all, but i will put them in a spoiler just to make sure.

5. Is it true that Case 2 and 3 take place after Case 1?

I guess you mean before? ;) I'll put it in spoiler tags just to be sure, but actually this is long known from promotional material.
Spoiler:
Case 2 definitely takes place before case 1, because that's the case they'll meet Athena for the first time. And case 3 is the case they'll meet Juniper Woods for the first time.

GK2 spoilers for the question just in case:
Spoiler:
Does Yumihiko show up? Just "yes" or "no", please!
If there's a reference but he doesn't appear, that would still be "no".

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Alright, here are my questions.

1. How many cases are in the game?

2. Does Ema Skye appear in the game at all? Please do not give any story details; Just a "yes or no" would be great.

3. Does Fransiska Von karma appear in the game at all? Please do not give any story details; Just a "yes" or "no" would be great.

4. How would you compare the end case/ending/finale of the game with the endings of the other games? Is it a Cliff-Hangar? In your opinion, does it make a good possible series finale? (for us western fans out there) Please don't give any actual story details; Try to be as vague as possible and respond without mentioning anything about the actual ending; I'm just interested in your opinions on it.

5. (This question requires knowledge of the Manga so no worries if no one can answer this) Does the game contradict the Official Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth manga in any way? (Specifically regarding characters who were in the manga, if they say something like "I haven't seen you since that case from T&T" or something like that, thereby contradicting the post-GS3 manga.) However, please don't tell me the details, as in "Yeah, this person says the last case they did together was 3-5", but rather just a "Yes" or "No".

Thanks to hoever ends up responding to this!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Last edited by D.A. McCoy on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Please don't use spoiler tags when the questions don't need them! At least label them properly or describe them. For example, how am I supposed to know if I can read ADA McCoy's questions or not?

Godot's the Man

Lusankya wrote:
Please don't use spoiler tags when the questions don't need them! At least label them properly or describe them. For example, how am I supposed to know if I can read ADA McCoy's questions or not?

You make a valid point. I put mine in spoilers as well, but I stated that there were no spoilers in them. We're just trying to be safe rather than sorry here. But year for the future the person asking questions should state whats being spoiled before the spoiler. For example state GS3 spoilers, or Case 1 spoilers.

Lusankya wrote:

I apologize; I was trying to be as cautious as possible. What defines what should be tagged. For instance, If I'm asking if a character returns or not, does both the question and the answer need spoiler tags, or only the answer?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

元・超会社員級の管理人

ADA McCoy wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

I apologize; I was trying to be as cautious as possible. What defines what should be tagged. For instance, If I'm asking if a character returns or not, does both the question and the answer need spoiler tags, or only the answer?

For questions that don't themselves spoil part of the game, there's no need to tag them. So asking if Ema returns is fine - but the answer should be spoiler tagged.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Spoiler:
Is Athena related to Apollo and/or Trucy in any way?

Bolt Storm wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:
Lusankya wrote:

For questions that don't themselves spoil part of the game, there's no need to tag them. So asking if Ema returns is fine - but the answer should be spoiler tagged.

Thanks. i fixed it.

ADA McCoy wrote:

Only the answer in this case. Questions don't need spoilers, if they don't spoil anything (without a corresponding answer).
E.g. your second question: "Does Ema Skye appear in the game at all? Please do not give any story details; Just a "yes or no" would be great." doesn't spoil anything, because the reader still doesn't know whether she appears or not. They will only know if they also read the answer.

But knowing this question exists is helpful for me, because now I don't have to ask it myself. ;)

In short:
- Don't spoiler tag questions, unless they give information away without the need of an actual answer (e.g. "why did person X murder victim y?" is a spoiler because it gives the murderer away even without an answer. "Who is the killer of case z?" isn't a spoiler, becauser without answer we don't know anything more than before)
- If you use spoiler tags, label/describe them properly.
- If you answer multiple questions, answer each of them separately and make clear what question you're actually answering. Then people can easier look up just the answer of a specific question without reading others they don't want to know.
- For answers always use spoiler tags when in doubt.

Ok, that wasn't that short, but I hope you get my point. :)

Edit: @AdaMcCoy: Thank you for editing your post. I really appreciate it.

Lusankya wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

Only the answer in this case. Questions don't need spoilers, if they don't spoil anything (without a corresponding answer).
E.g. your second question: "Does Ema Skye appear in the game at all? Please do not give any story details; Just a "yes or no" would be great." doesn't spoil anything, because the reader still doesn't know whether she appears or not. They will only know if they also read the answer.

But knowing this question exists is helpful for me, because now I don't have to ask it myself. ;)

In short:
- Don't spoiler tag questions, unless they give information away without the need of an actual answer (e.g. "why did person X murder victim y?" is a spoiler because it gives the murderer away even without an answer. "Who is the killer of case z?" isn't a spoiler, becauser without answer we don't know anything more than before)
- If you use spoiler tags, label/describe them properly.
- If you answer multiple questions, answer each of them separately and make clear what question you're actually answering. Then people can easier look up just the answer of a specific question without reading others they don't want to know.
- For answers always use spoiler tags when in doubt.

Ok, that wasn't that short, but I hope you get my point. :)

Edit: @AdaMcCoy: Thank you for editing your post. I really appreciate it.

No problem! Thanks for explaining that to me!

Art Person

1. Is Maya present in the game?
2. Are there any recurring characters accused of Murder? (Just a "yes or "no" will suffice)

Just a reply for those who ask if Maya appears in the AA5 game.

Spoiler:
Image Overall yes, Maya appears. It's on gamefaqs.

woosh

AdventureWriter28 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
can anyone translate what she's saying or knows the context of this?

:O

What happened to the jurors?

Ridley wrote:
AdventureWriter28 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
can anyone translate what she's saying or knows the context of this?

Spoiler:
It's Phoenix saying something along the lines of: "Maya. For a long time, this girl helped me out as my assistant." So this is probably a flashback, judging by the 2D graphics?

Mia Fey, Ace Attorney.

I have two questions. I just want a yes or no answer, if that's okay.
1. Is Ema Skye in the game or referenced at all?
2. Is Kristoph Gavin mentioned at any point?
"We never really know if our clients are guilty or innocent. All we can do is believe in them. And in order to believe in them, you have to believe in yourself."

Signature by MidnightJasper~

There is only one....And thank goodness.

General non-spoilerly question:

Do all the returning characters have a remixed version of their original themes? If so/not, spoiler list them.

Shadow Magician wrote:
I have two questions. I just want a yes or no answer, if that's okay.
1. Is Ema Skye in the game or referenced at all?
2. Is Kristoph Gavin mentioned at any point?

Spoiler:
I heard that Kristoph is mentioned in case 3, no proof or specifics yet...

Photographer Fanatic

Does Detective Gumshoe get a mention at all? Yes or no will suffice.

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

What's are the dates of the earliest and latest cases chronologically?

New here. Couple questions.
For those who have finished the game, how does it compare? Also how does the last case stack up against other final cases?
In your opinion is there any significant difference in this game that would warrant an M rating? Keep as spoiler-free as possible.
What's the general tone of the game? Is it more or less light- hearted than previous entries? Again keep the answer spoiler-free, or as spoiler-free as possible.
Lastly, how long is the game? If you could post your exact playtime

Time Paradox

Spoiler: Lategame spoilers(?)
Does an older Maya shows up, other than the flashback ?

Tag your spoilers. One-day suspension. -Bolt

Godot's the Man

Flying walrus wrote:
In your opinion is there any significant difference in this game that would warrant an M rating? Keep as spoiler-free as possible.

I havent played it, but read a minor spoiler on the the "Dual Destinies got an M rating?!" thread here. Apparently, yes the game is darker and more violent in tone. There is one scene apparently were...
Spoiler: Minor Spoilers, no names
Someone gets completely splattered with someone else's blood.

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Flying walrus wrote:

I havent played it, but read a minor spoiler on the the "Dual Destinies got an M rating?!" thread here. Apparently, yes the game is darker and more violent in tone. There is one scene apparently were...
Spoiler: Minor Spoilers, no names
Someone gets completely splattered with someone else's blood.

Thanks.

Spoiler: In regards to the minor spoiler...
Huh. That does sound M worthy. I'm all for a darker tone but hopefully it doesn't go too overboard with it.

Regardless, very excited for the game. Hope "Fall" doesn't mean December :yuusaku:

Tea time.

Any mention of anything Gyakuten Kenji related? Or at least any small cameos/references?

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

1. Does any of the original music (basically anything from the other games, to be honest) return in critical or nostalgic moments? Like in the final case from Trials and Tribulations?
2. Do any of the characters from previous games get new animations? (If so, would it be possible to post it somewhere? I don't particulary care if I get spoiled)

(Sorry if these have been asked already, by the time I've finished reading this thread I've already forgoten most of the questions posted here :sillytrucy:).

Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy

Does the guilty party in case 1 (not that we don't know who it is, but w/e) have a breakdown, and if so, what is it like?
Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Voodoo Lady wrote:
Does the guilty party in case 1 (not that we don't know who it is, but w/e) have a breakdown, and if so, what is it like?

Spoiler: Case one culprit
Yes. You can see it here.

Wooster wrote:

Godot's the Man

Bolt Storm wrote:
Voodoo Lady wrote:

Spoiler: Case one culprit
Yes. You can see it here.

So Bolt, now that you finished Case 1, can you comment on how you feel it compares to other first cases?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I'd like to ask someone who's played the game, how is the writing compared to the other numbered GS games? I've been skeptical as I don't think Mr. Yamazaki quite hit the spot with the script in AAI, though it could've been because of localisation as well.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

The Real Human Being

AdventureWriter28 wrote:

Spoiler:

To click? Or not to click? That is the question.
Whether it is better to know for sure and perhaps be saddened,
By the irreconcilable stone of truth.
Or to deny, and live in hopeful agony, To live another day with empty chamber
To load, to pull, to sleep.
And wait no longer, to see the glory with mine own eyes.

>write the above down
>go to sleep
>wake up the next day
>see new posts have been written
>Decide to quote one
>Wants to be dramatic
>find out spoiler text can be seen when quoted from a spoiler.
>I am an idiot.

King Derpey III

I have seen a screenshot featuring

Spoiler: Possibly a HUGE spoiler
Athena Cykes with black psyche locks.

Is this photoshopped? Just yes or no answers.

Spoiler:
No, it's not photoshopped.

Last edited by DonteTheDA on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nick + Maya = win

AdventureWriter28 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
But, is this just one of Phoenix's flashbacks?

Don't repost spoiler answers in different phrasing without tags. -Bolt
Page 1 of 29 [ 1153 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)