Court Records
http://forums.court-records.net/

"I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27487
Page 26 of 29

Author:  BonnyMono [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Klonos Heart wrote:
So, in the Japanese version, Fulbright just said "Justice!" instead of "In justice we trust!"?

Also...
Spoiler: Case 5-5
About Athena's knife, I always thought it was the same knife which killed Terran...

Spoiler:
It is the same knife.

Author:  Hahex [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

BonnyMono wrote:
Klonos Heart wrote:
So, in the Japanese version, Fulbright just said "Justice!" instead of "In justice we trust!"?

Also...
Spoiler: Case 5-5
About Athena's knife, I always thought it was the same knife which killed Terran...

Spoiler:
It is the same knife.

Spoiler:
As far as presenting evidence goes, it may as well be the same. But the actual knife they used are different, they have the same shape and look because they're part of a standard issue toolbox for the space center

Author:  dimentiorules [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

This is one thing I don't get.

Spoiler:
In case 5, Pearl reveals that black psyche locks guard secrets the person isn't consciously aware of, yet in the previous game, Kristoph Gavin had them, yet he was obviously aware of his secret! It doesn't make any sense to me.

Author:  Hahex [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

dimentiorules wrote:
This is one thing I don't get.

Spoiler:
In case 5, Pearl reveals that black psyche locks guard secrets the person isn't consciously aware of, yet in the previous game, Kristoph Gavin had them, yet he was obviously aware of his secret! It doesn't make any sense to me.

Spoiler:
Kristoph was incredibly possesive of his secrets the point of paranoia. Its possible that during his time of the 7 years, he mannaged to force his real motive for murder so far down into his subconscious that he, at the time, almost completely forgot about the motive. It certainly seemed at the time that Kristoph was attempting to feign ignorance. However, at court, when he was faced with evidence, he was forced to recall the details of his murder.
Alternatively, the source that Pearl read is only one interpretation of what they could actually be. Perhaps somewhere there's an alternative explanation for what the black psyche locks could also be: a secret so dark that the locks themselves turn black. In both occurrences, the secrets hidden have to do with a murder so perhaps that is another possible criteria for the colour of the lock.
And then the most likely explanation is that Capcom simply added the definition while ignoring the specifics of the previous black lock sighting (although that seems a little peculiar, seeing as I seem to remember Phoenix recalling Kristoph's locks after seeing Athena's)

Author:  Sligneris [ Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

dimentiorules wrote:
This is one thing I don't get.

Spoiler:
In case 5, Pearl reveals that black psyche locks guard secrets the person isn't consciously aware of, yet in the previous game, Kristoph Gavin had them, yet he was obviously aware of his secret! It doesn't make any sense to me.

Where is it ever stated? "Obviously" does not mean "canonically" :P

Author:  Sligneris [ Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

A question... How are Athena's mannerisms? I demo she was speaking German, in trailer French, and how does it look in the full release?

Author:  TheDimensionofTime [ Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

She is often overemotional, and she speaks international words like a tourist in my opinion. European weeaboo :godot:

Author:  Jean Descole [ Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

TheDimensionofTime wrote:
European weeaboo :godot:


She isn't nearly as bad as that one guy from the Professor Layton games, but yeah. Pretty much.

Author:  Miss All Sunday [ Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Oh yeah, I just thought of something.

What's the equivalent of "Fool Bright" in the Japanese version?

Author:  Bad Player [ Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

emimprov wrote:
Oh yeah, I just thought of something.

What's the equivalent of "Fool Bright" in the Japanese version?

Is that Blackquill's name for Fulbright? He just calls him "ossan" (old man) in the Japanese version.

Author:  Miss All Sunday [ Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Bad Player wrote:
emimprov wrote:
Oh yeah, I just thought of something.

What's the equivalent of "Fool Bright" in the Japanese version?

Is that Blackquill's name for Fulbright? He just calls him "ossan" (old man) in the Japanese version.


Yeah, it is. Hmm. I thought it'd be more specific, seeing as the English version is a play on words.

Bugs me that they made it two words and not just "Foolbright," though. /nitpick

Author:  linkenski [ Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Yeah I agree, but it is really just one of a handful of oddities in the localization.

Author:  Gentle Criminal [ Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

I know its a little late for this from my old post but i found the proof i needed while i was playing Case 1
Spoiler: Athena's leg
Image

Author:  Pessimistic_Fool [ Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

That might not mean what you think it means. ;)
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hollow_leg

Author:  Koop [ Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.

Author:  BonnyMono [ Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Koop wrote:
Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.

You haven't heard? Gumshoe's the chief of the police now!

Author:  Joe4evr [ Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Koop wrote:
Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
Real reason: They wanted to introduce more new characters.

In-game reason: Fulbright is Blackquill's assigned detective, whereas Gumshoe is (allegedly) still assigned to Edgeworth.

Author:  Huldra [ Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Koop wrote:
Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.

The only things which remind of Gumshoe
Spoiler:
are suggestions of possible paycuts made by prosecutors

Author:  DragonCactus [ Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Huldra wrote:
Koop wrote:
Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.

The only things which remind of Gumshoe
Spoiler:
are suggestions of possible paycuts made by prosecutors


I'm wondering if Gumshoe is even still assigned to Edgeworth at this point now that Edgeworth has been promoted.

Author:  Jammin' Ninja [ Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

I just want to know if...
Spoiler: General
Every killer will be spoiled in the episode's intro sequence. I definitely hope not and if that's the case, I'll try to look away.

Author:  Gentle Criminal [ Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Jammin' Ninja wrote:
I just want to know if...
Spoiler: General
Every killer will be spoiled in the episode's intro sequence. I definitely hope not and if that's the case, I'll try to look away.


Spoiler: Full game spoiler
It was only for case 1 and 2 that showed who the killer was. The rest of the cases dont :sillytrucy:

Author:  Shadow Magician [ Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.
Spoiler:
What does Athena call Pearl in the localisation of Reclaimed?

Author:  BonnyMono [ Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Shadow Magician wrote:
Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.
Spoiler:
What does Athena call Pearl in the localisation of Reclaimed?

I believe it was "Ms. Athena" or "Athena".

Author:  Joe4evr [ Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

BonnyMono wrote:
Shadow Magician wrote:
Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.
Spoiler:
What does Athena call Pearl in the localisation of Reclaimed?

I believe it was "Ms. Athena" or "Athena".
They meant it the other way around, which is "Pearly".

Author:  BonnyMono [ Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Joe4evr wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:
Shadow Magician wrote:
Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.
Spoiler:
What does Athena call Pearl in the localisation of Reclaimed?

I believe it was "Ms. Athena" or "Athena".
They meant it the other way around, which is "Pearly".

:oops: Looks like I have read it the other way around...

Author:  mew4ever23 [ Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

BonnyMono wrote:
Koop wrote:
Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.

You haven't heard? Gumshoe's the chief of the police now!


Really? Where's that nugget of info in game?

I mean, as good as Fullbright's theme is, some times he left me saying "I miss Gumshoe".

Author:  Rubia Ryu the Royal [ Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Koop wrote:
Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.

Yes, its name is Stepladder. When it heard that Charley wasn't examinable in this game (outside of the Quiz DLC), it wobbled and collapsed into depression. Gumshoe had just been using it to clean some upper shelves in Edgeworth's new office, but fell over and hit his head. He's now resting at the Hickfield Clinic and needs some time to recuperate. When he reawakens, he may have some symptoms of amnesia, but he'll be fine.

Sadly, no one can fix poor Steppy's creaky joints anymore. You fought a long hard battle, Stepladder, may you rest in peace. :larry:

Author:  scarlet-flowers [ Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Case 3 inconsistency

Spoiler:
Wait so ok, didn't Myriam give the tape to the police because she has tapes everywhere? BUT then later they say that Hugh was given it by Professor Means to give in to the police? Or was it that Myriam gave it to Professor Means who gave it to Hugh who gave it to the police?
idontunderstand

Author:  Rubia Ryu the Royal [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

scarlet-flowers wrote:
Case 3 inconsistency

Spoiler:
Wait so ok, didn't Myriam give the tape to the police because she has tapes everywhere? BUT then later they say that Hugh was given it by Professor Means to give in to the police? Or was it that Myriam gave it to Professor Means who gave it to Hugh who gave it to the police?
idontunderstand

Spoiler:
Myriam claimed to have recorded it, but she didn't. That tape was taken from a different recording anyway, and Means gave it to Hugh to give to the police.

Author:  scarlet-flowers [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:
Case 3 inconsistency

Spoiler:
Wait so ok, didn't Myriam give the tape to the police because she has tapes everywhere? BUT then later they say that Hugh was given it by Professor Means to give in to the police? Or was it that Myriam gave it to Professor Means who gave it to Hugh who gave it to the police?
idontunderstand

Spoiler:
Myriam claimed to have recorded it, but she didn't. That tape was taken from a different recording anyway, and Means gave it to Hugh to give to the police.


Oh I see.

Author:  scarlet-flowers [ Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:
Case 3 inconsistency

Spoiler:
Wait so ok, didn't Myriam give the tape to the police because she has tapes everywhere? BUT then later they say that Hugh was given it by Professor Means to give in to the police? Or was it that Myriam gave it to Professor Means who gave it to Hugh who gave it to the police?
idontunderstand

Spoiler:
Myriam claimed to have recorded it, but she didn't. That tape was taken from a different recording anyway, and Means gave it to Hugh to give to the police.


Oh I see.

Author:  Krayzel [ Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Hello there, I just completed case 3 and I must say some things got me quite confused here...

Spoiler:
First, it is said that Prof. Means' staff has been used to look like Phoenix's arm on the statue; that implies he wouldn't have it until the body is being moved at the center of the stage, so during the mock trial. However, at the very beginning of the case, we meet Prof. Means right before the mock trial, in the Lecture Hall... and he does have his staff at that moment. Does it mean the body would have been moved before the mock trial started (and also before Means' speech, because Juniper is inviting him to get ready to give his speech before Athena and Phoenix leave the place), but after the announcement inviting the students to get in the Lecture Hall? I don't know, the timing looks way too short for me. Not to say it simply contradicts the facts, as they're stated.

Another thing: what about the awl? Maybe I forgot that part, but did the blood actually belong to Courte? Was it the real murder weapon, or it's nothing but phony evidence (and the murder weapon is Prof. Means' staff/spear)? That piece of evidence seems to have been completely forgotten during the second day of the trial. :yogi:

Author:  Joe4evr [ Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Krayzel wrote:
Hello there, I just completed case 3 and I must say some things got me quite confused here...

Spoiler:
First, it is said that Prof. Means' staff has been used to look like Phoenix's arm on the statue; that implies he wouldn't have it until the body is being moved at the center of the stage, so during the mock trial. However, at the very beginning of the case, we meet Prof. Means right before the mock trial, in the Lecture Hall... and he does have his staff at that moment. Does it mean the body would have been moved before the mock trial started (and also before Means' speech, because Juniper is inviting him to get ready to give his speech before Athena and Phoenix leave the place), but after the announcement inviting the students to get in the Lecture Hall? I don't know, the timing looks way too short for me. Not to say it simply contradicts the facts, as they're stated.
Spoiler: Your first point

Author:  Sligneris [ Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

...Is that bug... guaranteed to happen? ._.

Author:  Rubia Ryu the Royal [ Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

I think so. I've seen the error in my version as well, and it doesn't disappear no matter how many times I try to "reset". Let's just pretend he's holding a hologram.

Author:  BonnyMono [ Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I think so. I've seen the error in my version as well, and it doesn't disappear no matter how many times I try to "reset". Let's just pretend he's holding a hologram.

What if.... he had a spare one?

Author:  sumguy28 [ Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

BonnyMono wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I think so. I've seen the error in my version as well, and it doesn't disappear no matter how many times I try to "reset". Let's just pretend he's holding a hologram.

What if.... he had a spare one?

That kind of makes it worse.
Spoiler:
Because that would mean he brought the murder weapon to the trial when he could have brought a clean staff/spear.

Author:  SANC [ Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

A number of things are missing in the profiles like clicking on show and then it says "Nothing here yet." Anyway for Aristotle Means his name origin is easy. Aristotle was one of the most famous philosophers ever and as for his surname Means well it's simply "as a result of this" or "the translation of this is" or perhaps it's because he tells his students to win by any means necessary.
As for Yuri Cosmos well cosmos is to do with space and Yuri after Yuri Gagarin. Candice Arme is simply pronounced can disarm as she specialises in bomb disposal.

Author:  Sligneris [ Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Jinxie calls Fulbright a ghost, once she sees him.
Spoiler:
Does she call him a phantom in Japanese version?

Author:  Rubia Ryu the Royal [ Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Sligneris wrote:
Jinxie calls Fulbright a ghost, once she sees him.
Spoiler:
Does she call him a phantom in Japanese version?

Spoiler:
Nah, she just literally calls him a ghost/monster. The term for "The Phantom" is a different one, since it's written using the kanji for "lost spirit".

Page 26 of 29 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/