Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

How did Iwadare compose the music?Topic%20Title

Enoshima Junko-chan!

By that, I mean what software did he use. I noticed in the credits that only he is credited for music, not any ensembles or musicians. I can't find any reference to how he does things.
Re: How did Iwadare compose the music?Topic%20Title

Well there is electronic music software like Synthesia, Garageband, etc.
So I'm gonna take a wild, wild guess and say that he takes the old music and makes digital orchestra remakes (MIDIs and whatnot). Kinda like Gyakusheets.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. A prosecutor is one who seeks the conviction of a defendant. But I don't think that's all we are....[marquee[img src="AAI_Miles_Edgeworth_Full_Running_West_1.gif] Chasing da truth on a daily basis!][/marquee]

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I'd actually bet that most of the music in DD is "new" (not as in not taken from previous themes but as in not taken from the midi files). I think the interpretations of the reoccurring themes in DD are different enough from the originals that he wouldn't be able to just convert the MIDIs.

Keep in mind too probably a lot of the music is still "MIDI"-ish (as in not actual audio files) but just with the 3DS' more advanced sound system. However, a lot of the songs sound like they definitely have real recordings of actual instruments in them.

So my guess is that he probably has the traditional composer setup - a synthesizer/electric keyboard of some kind hooked into software that can record, sample, and interpret those notes, as well as lots of Digital MIDI possibilities. He likely has a couple of instruments he favors lying around too. I have no experience in this stuff but from what I've seen of film/game composers working this seems to be the general way they do it.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

The video game boy; the one who wins

I think he used the power of friendship.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

This post is a little late, but thanks for the insight. I believe Layton vs. Wright actually credited the musicians/ensembles who performed the music.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)