Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 39 posts ]

Case 4 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This thread is for discussion of all things case four-related. Spoiler tags don't need to be used in this thread when discussing the basics of case four. They should be used when discussing earlier or later cases, or later parts of case four.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Case 4 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

To get things started, case four is titled Turnabout up to the Stars (星になった逆転, The Turnabout that Became a Star).

Spoiler:
The case seems to focus on Apollo, and starts in court.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Bolt Storm wrote:
To get things started, case four is titled Turnabout up to the Stars (星になった逆転, The Turnabout that Became a Star).

Spoiler:

So it looks like we get to play as bandaged Apollo. That would look so cool in court!
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

What happened to "Phoenix is the main character"

He has, what, only two cases now?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Art Person

linkenski wrote:

At the moment, only 1 confirmed case, as Apollo gets 2 and 4, and Athena gets case 3.
Unless It's like GS3-5 where you play as more than one character, It seems like It'll probably be an even spread. However with the Anime cutscenes, Phoenix may still be the main character?

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Spoilers has it that the structure is Phoenix-Apollo-Athena-Apollo/Phoenix, which makes only 4 cases.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Procrastinating...

Bolt Storm wrote:

Spoiler:

If it starts in court, then....

Spoiler:
It probably would be the case in where the courtroom gets bombed. Maybe... :think-think-think:

So... How's life?

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

Quote:

Is the first name supposed to be your attempt at localization? It sounds kind of awkward...

元・超会社員級の管理人

capefeather wrote:
Quote:

Is the first name supposed to be your attempt at localization? It sounds kind of awkward...

Erm, yeah. :payne: "Up to the Stars" is a fairly common turn of phrase, so it sounded more natural to me than The Turnabout that Became a Star. The latter is a more literal translation.

Wooster wrote:

My name is Judge.

linkenski wrote:

Contrary to popular belief, Apollo does still exist and was woven pretty heavily into Phoenix's storyline with GS4. It would be unfair to not give Apollo at least almost equal footing as Phoenix.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Percei wrote:
linkenski wrote:

Contrary to popular belief, Apollo does still exist and was woven pretty heavily into Phoenix's storyline with GS4. It would be unfair to not give Apollo at least almost equal footing as Phoenix.

This.

I thought Apollo would be treated as a simple sidekick, hope he at least gets 1/3 of the main-character-ness. This is looking more and more likely lately :D

My name is Judge.

DeMatador wrote:
Percei wrote:
linkenski wrote:

This.

I thought Apollo would be treated as a simple sidekick, hope he at least gets 1/3 of the main-character-ness. This is looking more and more likely lately :D

I will accept nothing less than 1/2... maybe 7/16 or 3/8, but Athena is not a protagonist, she is a plucky teenage sidekick. I'm not sure if it was confirmed or not, but I thought we only partially played as Athena in Case 3?

I can't believe I even opened this section >_< I don't want to be spoiled...

We do play as Athena in Case 3 during most of the case and as Apollo during the mock trial.

My name is Judge.

Bolt Storm wrote:

Spoiler:

I will say, I think removing the "Up" would make it a less clunky title, like "Turnabout to the Stars" or something along those lines.

迷探偵

(I hope) at the final part of the case now.

Spoiler:
Hey, they should have given Odoroki this backstory in GS4! And Jin's sister is awesome :3

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

I'm calling it "The Celestial Turnabout" or something like that. Way simpler. Does it mean the same thing though

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

迷探偵

I am not going into details, but Turnabout to the Stars is alright. Or anything with stars. *cough*

Just finished this case:

Spoiler:
WTF end! (in a welcome way). The case was too long though, and the way Odoroki disappeared from the case is not really satisfying, considering Aoi, and Odoroki knowing Hoshinari and all

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I wish I WERE the best.

So can anyone tell me the names of all the characters and the victim?

Spoiler:
And who is the guy dressed like a captain? I just saw his breakdown and I honestly thought it was one of the best I have seen. I mean, he damaged court property in his breakdown!

Yep, That breakdown... Awesome...

迷探偵

AnsweringNOW wrote:
So can anyone tell me the names of all the characters and the victim?

Spoiler:
And who is the guy dressed like a captain? I just saw his breakdown and I honestly thought it was one of the best I have seen. I mean, he damaged court property in his breakdown!

Spoiler:
Hoshinari Taiyou (Astronaut /defendant)
Aoi Daichi (Victim/Apollo's best friend)
Oogawara (don't remember first name. It think it was Uchuu though) (Head of GYARAX / the Battleship Yamato captain)
Yuugami Kaguya (the robot scientist / sister of Jin)
Ponko-chan (robot)

I wish I WERE the best.

Ash wrote:
Spoiler:
Aoi Daichi (Victim/Apollo's best friend)

Spoiler:
I'm going to assume that Aoi is his first name, even though all the other names have their last name placed first. Unless I'm wrong about that and Daichi is indeed his first name.

And I'm actually happy to see that Apollo has a friend or two. Is Hoshinari another friend of Apollo's?

迷探偵

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm going to assume that Aoi is his first name, even though all the other names have their last name placed first. Unless I'm wrong about that and Daichi is indeed his first name.

And I'm actually happy to see that Apollo has a friend or two. Is Hoshinari another friend of Apollo's?

Spoiler:
Daichi is his first name. And they are indeed friends (or at least at very friendly terms), they know each other through Aoi

I wish I WERE the best.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.

Spoiler:
I noticed that Kaguya has a green robot accompanying her. What is its name?

迷探偵

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.

Spoiler:
I noticed that Kaguya has a green robot accompanying her. What is its name?

Spoiler:
Ponta

I play videogames.

Just finished the case! : D

Spoiler:
What the heck just happened...? This is definitely a new way to end a case...!

Image Image Image

元・超会社員級の管理人

Up to day two of the trial.

Spoiler:
Well, the overarching plot is starting to show itself, it looks like. Young!Apollo was cute to see, and he's finally getting some actual backstory. Meanwhile Blackquill's sister is... well, she's there. I'm guessing she's not the criminal this time around (though that pretty much leaves the chief as a suspect), and she'll have some bigger role in case 5 (victim?). Then again if she were guilty Blackquill would probably pop his top at Wright and co., which could be interesting.

Also, I wonder if there'll be another investigation part? This is day two of the trial, after all, but there was no day one investigation.

And where's Pearly? I thought for sure she'd show up to reintroduce Psyche-Locks, but nope. If they're leaving her and Edgeworth (and anyone else) for case 5, it's going to be a mite crowded in terms of reintroductions.

Want to play more, but I've already put unhealthy hours into this game today. Probably going to hold off 'till tomorrow to finish it.

Wooster wrote:

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
The defendant found not guilty but the culprit is still at large?

Is the legal system starting to make more sense? This is definitely a new way to end a case for Ace Attorney.

Master of sharp things!

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
The defendant found not guilty but the culprit is still at large?

Is the legal system starting to make more sense? This is definitely a new way to end a case for Ace Attorney.

Spoiler:
It is a bit of fresh air, isn't it? Though considering Athena suddenly gets pinned for the crime right after the verdict is handed down, it's not quite as far off as I'd hoped. I'm kind of glad it transitioned into the next case as it did, I don't think crowding so much into one case would've worked as well.

迷探偵

Regarding the ending:

Spoiler:
I thought it fine at first, also because the case would become too long, but looking back, I still think it feels strange to have a case end like that. Case 4 & 5 aren't seperate cases: they are the one and the same, and now it just stops somewhere w/o any resolution. In the past, like in GS1-2, defendents have switched during cases, so just 'the defendant changed' shouldn't be enough of a reason. The GK team like to connect cases to present a larger storyline, but this isn't connecting cases, just cutting them up.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Finished the case.

Spoiler:
It was an interesting case, though about halfway through the second trial I realized we weren't going to be getting a culprit. That's actually a pretty cool twist on the formula, but I am a little disappointed it looks like case 5 will just be Athena on trial for the exact same case; I was thinking this case would go unresolved, and then another murder would pop up in case 5 and solving that would solve this one.

That said, it was a great shocker of an ending! Once Blackquill started freaking out about the fingerprints I thought it was going to be his sister, but nope, Athena!

Also, jeez, no Pearl yet after all. I wasn't expecting her and Edgeworth to be saved for the last case; that's going to get mighty crowded, especially if Klavier pops up again...

Wooster wrote:

1000% Knight

Bolt Storm wrote:
Finished the case.

Spoiler:
It was an interesting case, though about halfway through the second trial I realized we weren't going to be getting a culprit. That's actually a pretty cool twist on the formula, but I am a little disappointed it looks like case 5 will just be Athena on trial for the exact same case; I was thinking this case would go unresolved, and then another murder would pop up in case 5 and solving that would solve this one.

That said, it was a great shocker of an ending! Once Blackquill started freaking out about the fingerprints I thought it was going to be his sister, but nope, Athena!

Also, jeez, no Pearl yet after all. I wasn't expecting her and Edgeworth to be saved for the last case; that's going to get mighty crowded, especially if Klavier pops up again...

Exactly the same for me.
Spoiler:
Except I thought we would finally get a third day of court. If you count case 5 as the same case, though...

Also why do I have a random hunch Ban is the Big Bad...? He was there when the bomb went off, and now he randomly gave us decisive evidence at the last second? HMMMMMMM just random theorizing, though

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
That astronaut carrying the other astronaut in the beginning... Was that Aoi or Hoshinari?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
That astronaut carrying the other astronaut in the beginning... Was that Aoi or Hoshinari?

Spoiler:
It's actually Aoi.

Spoiler: more details
It's thanks to his stress-relief medicine that Hoshinari occasionally falls into a deep slumber. It was bad timing that day, with the explosions and all.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

ローカライザー

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It's actually Aoi.

Spoiler: more details
It's thanks to his stress-relief medicine that Hoshinari occasionally falls into a deep slumber. It was bad timing that day, with the explosions and all.

More specifically,
Spoiler: "GS5-4/5"
Ogawara knew that there would be a bombing, so he didn't plan to launch the rocket in the first place. He was able to get Aoi to cooperate, but he knew that Hoshinari wouldn't be able to lie about the faked rocket launch etc., so he got Aoi to slip Hoshinari a large dose of the tranquilizers, which knocked him out.

Spoiler:
How does Apollo get the bandaged eye if the beginning of Case 4 is right before the bombing?

Wotter boy

fourtrass wrote:
Spoiler:
How does Apollo get the bandaged eye if the beginning of Case 4 is right before the bombing?

Spoiler:
If I remember correctly, he used it to hinder his perceiving powers because he suspected Athena was guilty and he didn't want to feel that way. Or something of that sort...

Spoiler:
Why does he feel that way immediately after the crime?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

fourtrass wrote:
Spoiler:
Why does he feel that way immediately after the crime?

Spoiler:
I wouldn't know if he started "immediately after", but perhaps it's because Athena kept fidgeting whenever Apollo would talk about the incident or his friend. She had some bad memories of the space center, after all.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The video game boy; the one who wins

It's quite hard to judge this case in its own rights considering it's pretty much a prelude to case five. However, I wouldn't want them merged because I find it would be overbearing, and with the split first beetween player character in case four, and then between defendants between four and five, it would feel way too shattered in one case.
It started off nicely with both Apollo and Simon acting really weird. You immediately got the feeling that something was off. With Apollo being the narrator, though, it felt to me like you hardly got into his mind. Sure he was stern and focused and confused but that showed through his actions and never got an extra dimension in his thoughts, save for one single "(Clay...)". Maybe tjey wanted to avoid spoilers, but that could have been avoided if he was alone or had Phoenix with him in court. Even when the bomb is about to go off he just acts odd. His best friend was killed, so I could easily have bought him acting irrationally if it had shone through in his narration instead of "the truth can't end here!", because him going up in flames along with everything else in the courteoom would surely have brought the truth to light. As Athena said, "This is no time to be dramatic!". His heroic saving of Juniper didn't really seem to serve any function either, other than cheap drama and a reason to put him in bandages.
For the PoV switch, I would have preferred Athena to be the player character rather than Phoenix, because I think she was way underused as a lawyer and overused as an assistant, and it would have been cool to see her thoughts when she was accused.
Clay being dead was simply "NOT FAAAAAAAIIIIRRRR!". Considering we never even meet the guy alive, and that his murder is eventually overshadowed by the UR-incident, it mostly felt cruel and cheap, as it didn't really amount to much in the end. Maybe it'd feel different if Apollo had been thedefense and player character through the whole case. It could have some clever foreshadowing of future events, and most likely leave the case with a darker atmosphere that would make it stand out more. It's not that I don't like it, per se. It had an interesting feeling in the start, a dramatic bombing, Yuri is rather sweet and I really like Aura. Also the whole Fulbright thingwas intriguing. And there were quite a few funny lines. I just don't feel that it left me with much. Looking back at it after playing I mostly feel "yeah, sure". There wasn't any real satisfaction in it, nor something to really catch my interest.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 1 of 1 [ 39 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)