Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 7[ 242 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 


Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

sans.

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3174

This thread is for discussion of all things case five-related. Spoiler tags don't need to be used in this thread when discussing the basics of case five. They should be used when discussing earlier cases (though, let's be honest here, this is a final case, so odds are everything is related to a past case somehow) or the later parts of case five.
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:29 am

Posts: 33

I think the name for this episode it out. Can't translate it though.

Spoiler: An image of the name
Image
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Derper

Gender: Male

Location: Volley of Cannons

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Posts: 224

WarChild wrote:
I think the name for this episode it out. Can't translate it though.

Spoiler: An image of the name
Image

Spoiler:
Someone on gamefaqs said that it's Turnabout to the Future

Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

sans.

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3174

That is the correct translation, yes.
Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Posts: 77

Who are the Defendant, Victim, Defense and Prosecutor?
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2131

Probably somewhere near the end of the first investigation phase:

Spoiler:
Oh, wow, a letter from Mayoi, and Hami-chan and Mitsurugi actually doing stuff! And a robot rebellion! Definitely didn't expect the latter...


Absolute end of (first?) investigation part:

Spoiler:
The returnt of... BLACK PSYCHO LOCKS?!

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2131

Very big spoiler warning! It's a screenshot of the last moment of the last trial (no shot/name of the criminal), so look at your own risk (but it's so awesome!)

Spoiler:
Image


Overal impressions:

Spoiler:
Okay, so we have a weird combination of GS1-4, GS1-5, GS2-4 in terms of case structure I couldn't help but think 'oh, hey, they did this in that case', and 'oh, that's from that case'. It works as a bit of fanservice, but despite a great portrayal of Odoroki, I don't see it as one of the stronger cases of the game...

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

woosh

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:31 am

Posts: 22

Ash wrote:
Probably somewhere near the end of the first investigation phase:

Spoiler:
Oh, wow, a letter from Mayoi, and Hami-chan and Mitsurugi actually doing stuff! And a robot rebellion! Definitely didn't expect the latter...



Spoiler:
Could you talk at all about what the letter is about?

:O
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2131

Ridley wrote:
Ash wrote:
Probably somewhere near the end of the first investigation phase:

Spoiler:
Oh, wow, a letter from Mayoi, and Hami-chan and Mitsurugi actually doing stuff! And a robot rebellion! Definitely didn't expect the latter...



Spoiler:
Could you talk at all about what the letter is about?


Spoiler:
Nothing very interesting. She talks a bit about the bombing case and asks whether Nick's seen the Steel Samurai thingies she sent him. The things you'd ask when a friend was involved in such a case :P

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

A Trustworthy Witness

Gender: Male

Location: Witness Stand

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:52 am

Posts: 23

Ash wrote:
Very big spoiler warning! It's a screenshot of the last moment of the last trial (no shot/name of the criminal), so look at your own risk (but it's so awesome!)

Spoiler:
Image


Overal impressions:

Spoiler:
Okay, so we have a weird combination of GS1-4, GS1-5, GS2-4 in terms of case structure I couldn't help but think 'oh, hey, they did this in that case', and 'oh, that's from that case'. It works as a bit of fanservice, but despite a great portrayal of Odoroki, I don't see it as one of the stronger cases of the game...


Spoiler:
If you don't mind me asking, what makes Apollo's portrayal great in this case?He doesn't seem to have gotten that much attention since the second half of case 4, so I'm pretty curious as to what the developers have in store for him.

By the way, that picture is awesome. I think anyone would confess after seeing those three fingers pointed at their direction!
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2131

Ben Lyon wrote:
Ash wrote:
Very big spoiler warning! It's a screenshot of the last moment of the last trial (no shot/name of the criminal), so look at your own risk (but it's so awesome!)

Spoiler:
Image


Overal impressions:

Spoiler:
Okay, so we have a weird combination of GS1-4, GS1-5, GS2-4 in terms of case structure I couldn't help but think 'oh, hey, they did this in that case', and 'oh, that's from that case'. It works as a bit of fanservice, but despite a great portrayal of Odoroki, I don't see it as one of the stronger cases of the game...


Spoiler:
If you don't mind me asking, what makes Apollo's portrayal great in this case?He doesn't seem to have gotten that much attention since the second half of case 4, so I'm pretty curious as to what the developers have in store for him.

By the way, that picture is awesome. I think anyone would confess after seeing those three fingers pointed at their direction!


The short answer w/o going too much into details (and as you already mention case 4):

Spoiler:
Hey, a backstory for Odoroki! Something to explain his motivations! A private life! And, more important, we see Odoroki acting on his own, for realistic reasons (and not just because of Aoi). Much better than I-am-practically-a-puppet-to-tell-Naruhodo's-story GS4 Odoroki

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 am

Posts: 7

I really want to know. Can someone tell me who is the victim (and the culprit) in case 5?
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2131

Victim & murderer spoilers:

Spoiler:
Victim: Aoi Daichi (Odoroki's friend) in the present, Kiduki Mari (Kokone's mother) in the past.
Murderer (both): International Spy "Phantom" (mostly posing as Detective Ban)

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 am

Posts: 7

Ash wrote:
Victim & murderer spoilers:

Spoiler:
Victim: Aoi Daichi (Odoroki's friend) in the present, Kiduki Mari (Kokone's mother) in the past.
Murderer (both): International Spy "Phantom" (mostly posing as Detective Ban)

Spoiler:
Man, thank you. I really thought the culprit was either Athena, Simon or Fulbright. The suspense was killing me. Haha, but I'll still play it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it! :)
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Calm, pacified attorney

Gender: Male

Location: Dinamarca!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1589

Ash wrote:
Spoiler:
Hey, a backstory for Odoroki! Something to explain his motivations! A private life! And, more important, we see Odoroki acting on his own, for realistic reasons (and not just because of Aoi). Much better than I-am-practically-a-puppet-to-tell-Naruhodo's-story GS4 Odoroki


Can someone tell me impressions on how it was executed, spoiler-free? Does it fit Apollo's character as you know him, or did it feel contrived?
Takumi vs Yamazaki andMissile.
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Posts: 5

Ash wrote:
Victim & murderer spoilers:

Spoiler:
Victim: Aoi Daichi (Odoroki's friend) in the present, Kiduki Mari (Kokone's mother) in the past.
Murderer (both): International Spy "Phantom" (mostly posing as Detective Ban)



Spoiler:
Did they really... make Fullbright the culprit? That's pretty cool, actually
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Alabama

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 am

Posts: 205

Spoiler:
So is Simon Blackquill actually innocent of his earlier charges? Or does he still remain villainous to the end? If he the prosecutor of the final case, or is Edgeworth?
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 9:12 am

Posts: 27

One question
Spoiler:
Do all three attorneys get equal importance, stake, value, and moment to shine? Please elaborate.
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2131

TheIdioteque wrote:
Spoiler:
So is Simon Blackquill actually innocent of his earlier charges? Or does he still remain villainous to the end? If he the prosecutor of the final case, or is Edgeworth?


Spoiler:
He's innocent. And Blackquill takes over from Edgeworth in the last part.


Whooop wrote:
One question
Spoiler:
Do all three attorneys get equal importance, stake, value, and moment to shine? Please elaborate.

Spoiler:
I didn't count acting time, but they all have their moments during this last trial. Phoenix as the leader, Athena as the focal point of the case, and Apollo acting for both his friend, as his own conscience

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Français or English ?

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Posts: 3

Spoiler:
A pic of Black Psychos Locks of Athena. (Escuse me for my english, I'm belgian).


Spoiler:
Image
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Seasoned Animator

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Posts: 269

Spoiler:
Athena with those black locks... How can they be broken?


Spoiler:
OK, if Phoenix is the main attorney, Athena's the focal point and Apollo's doing something else, who will be his co-council?

Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I wish I WERE the best.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Posts: 324

Spoiler:
Is it the green robot that testifies in the broken courtroom the same one that Kaguya is seen with in Case 4? Because I'm pretty sure Kaguya is speaking through the robot as the nametag says "Kaguya" when the robot is speaking.


Also...

Spoiler: Big spoilers here!!
Was the Fulbright that worked with the crew in previous cases the real Fulbright or was it Phantom who killed him?


And I gotta say...about the final boss...

Spoiler: Final boss spoilers!!!!
I was not expecting Fulbright to take off his mask and reveal Hoshinari! I thought Phantom was actually Hoshinari for a second. Then he transformed into Ichiro and I wondered what mask he was going to reveal next. Of course, I didn't expect the next mask to be Phoenix himself. Makes me wonder how Phoenix feels when he sees himself.

And the breakdown...Pretty epic.
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Master of sharp things!

Gender: Male

Location: New York City

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:06 am

Posts: 2011

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
Is it the green robot that testifies in the broken courtroom the same one that Kaguya is seen with in Case 4? Because I'm pretty sure Kaguya is speaking through the robot as the nametag says "Kaguya" when the robot is speaking.


Spoiler:
It is. For reasons in the story, Kaguya sends the robot to speak for her as she is otherwise unable to see Nick in person.



Quote:
Also...

Spoiler: Big spoilers here!!
Was the Fulbright that worked with the crew in previous cases the real Fulbright or was it Phantom who killed him?


Spoiler:
I'd like to know that myself. Maybe they left that up to the player to decide, since Fulbright did seem to get a bit wackier around the time of the fourth case, at least to me.



Quote:
And I gotta say...about the final boss...

Spoiler: Final boss spoilers!!!!
I was not expecting Fulbright to take off his mask and reveal Hoshinari! I thought Phantom was actually Hoshinari for a second. Then he transformed into Ichiro and I wondered what mask he was going to reveal next. Of course, I didn't expect the next mask to be Phoenix himself. Makes me wonder how Phoenix feels when he sees himself.

And the breakdown...Pretty epic.


Spoiler:
I thought he wasn't actually Phantom, but a subordinate who Phantom had doing his bidding. And that the real Phantom had sniped him at the end of his breakdown.


As for the breakdown itself, it's probably my favorite In the whole series. It's as outrageous as it is ridiculous. From his objection (and with Phoenix's voice, as well!), all those masks, and not even getting to see his real identity at the end... just amazing.

Image
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Chords of Steel

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Posts: 37

I'm still trying to assimilate the whole thing..I mean it's definitely a shocking ending.

Spoiler:
A part of me is a lil bit disappointed that we didn't get to see the Phantom's face but on the other side it adds mystery to the story. At first i thought that the whole mask after mask was a little to much..but hey! All in all it was a great breakdown.
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I wish I WERE the best.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Posts: 324

Spoiler:
I'm thinking that after disguising himself with so many masks, he had lost his true identity. So even if we did see his face, it's unknown if it's his true face or if it's just another mask. I liked the fact we never see Phantom's face so it adds more intrigue to his character.

I've read somewhere that Fulbright died a year before the present case (don't know which case they're talking about but I'm assuming they meant 5-2).

And can anyone translate to what happened with everyone in the credits?
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2131

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler: Big spoilers here!!
Was the Fulbright that worked with the crew in previous cases the real Fulbright or was it Phantom who killed him?

Spoiler:
It was always Phantom. The real Ban Gouzou had been dead, and the Phantom had taken over his identity.

Charlieboy90 wrote:
I'm still trying to assimilate the whole thing..I mean it's definitely a shocking ending.

Spoiler:
A part of me is a lil bit disappointed that we didn't get to see the Phantom's face but on the other side it adds mystery to the story. At first i thought that the whole mask after mask was a little to much..but hey! All in all it was a great breakdown.

Spoiler:
The Phantom didn't have his 'own' identity, so that's why you never see his true face.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I play videogames.

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 12:32 am

Posts: 159

Spoiler:
I'm in the courtroom right as Fulbright's called to the stand (after you find out he's the true culprit) so it looks like this is the final day. If so, I think it would have been better to have C4+C5 as one large final case. Not that it would make a difference in play length obviously, but there wasn't really a need for Case 4 to end. Was the "not guilty" verdict for Hoshinari the reason perhaps? Still seems strange though because the case isn't technically solved.

Anyways, looks like I'm almost at the end, so I shall keep playing....

Image Image Image
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I wish I WERE the best.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Posts: 324

Spoiler:
I'm going to assume that case 4 is figuring out how Daichi Aoi was killed and case 5 is with Mari Kizuki, right? And why did they hold the trial at the bombed courtroom?


Oh, and...

Spoiler: Final boss spoilers
Did Edgeworth say they found Fulbright's corpse and discovered he had died a year before one of the present cases? Just to make sure if Fulbright died of natural means or if he was murdered by Phantom.

And what was Phantom rambling on about before his breakdown?


Last edited by AnsweringNOW on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

We are one

Gender: Male

Location: Geneva.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Posts: 167

Ash wrote:
Spoiler:
Hey, a backstory for Odoroki! Something to explain his motivations! A private life! And, more important, we see Odoroki acting on his own, for realistic reasons (and not just because of Aoi). Much better than I-am-practically-a-puppet-to-tell-Naruhodo's-story GS4 Odoroki


:holdit:

Spoiler:
Where can I find Odeko-kun's backstory?

Image
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Gender: Female

Location: Yamanashi, Japan

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Posts: 539

I just finished last night, but I get the feeling I missed something

Spoiler: Motive
Can someone clarify the phantom's motive for me re: Mari? I can't remember exactly why he set out to kill her, and why he bombed the HAT-1 launch in the first place...I was more focused on figuring out the order of events, so it appears I missed some details

Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I play videogames.

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 12:32 am

Posts: 159

Spoiler:
That. Was. Some. Breakdown. Oh, man... This game really went all out. Stuff seems to be left hanging about the spy's background though.

And can someone help me out? When Edgeworth arrives with the news that the real Fulbright is actually dead, he mentions a mysterious dead body (or something like 謎の死体) found a year ago. Was anything about this mentioned earlier? Perhaps I simply forgot, but when Edgeworth said this, I got confused and wasn't sure if this was referenced earlier. Or did I completely misread the text altogether...?

Edit: Never mind, I think I've got it.

Good game overall. I enjoyed pretty much everything and I'm looking forward to GS6 for sure... But I have some Objection!s... or suggestions rather. I hope they allow us more freedom during investigations. Let us examine every area. It was such a waste because every area looked so interesting. Especially 九尾村. Playing the game, I couldn't help but feel like this was not quite a GS game and this is probably why.
The developers seemed to think it was a pain, but I enjoyed having to navigate around by myself. I would not mind going back to the original format of having to go from point A to point B to get to point C or D. And if they include the note/memo, you really shouldn't get stuck at all. Like I mentioned somewhere else, aside from if you pick up the game after not playing it for a while, you don't need it at all in this game since you're forcefully taken almost everywhere.

Like I said, overall I think the game is great, but the investigation section was quite disappointing to me.

About this quote from the Famitsu interview with Mr. Eshiro. What was this about anyways...? I read it as them saying the message you get from presenting is different for each evidence. However, you still get the "this is unimportant" type dialog out of certain evidence.

Quote:
また、もう1回テキストを読み返したいとか、全部の証拠品を突き付けたいってユーザーさんもいらっしゃると思います。ですので、濃く遊ぶユーザーさんのためには、つきつけメッセージも全部変えたりといったところはちゃんと対応しています。やはりそこはシリーズの伝統なので。何をつきつけても「それは関係ない」と出たり、探偵パートで何を調べても同じメッセージではつまらないですよね。それをやると開発側の手抜きだと思われちゃうので、もう自分たちで自分の首を絞めつつ、スタッフが必死にテキストを書いてくれました(笑)。



And did Pearl foreshadow Maya's return during the credits...? Hmm...

Edit: Also noticed we don't hear from Yugami's sister in the credits.

Image Image Image
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

sans.

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Posts: 3174

Just finished it myself.

Spoiler:
I agree that the pacing of this and case 4 was really odd. It definitely felt like one big case, and while that might have been what they were going for on purpose, it was strange to have the 'final' case be one investigation and one day of trial (even if it was a pretty long day).

Phantom was not the most interesting of final foes, but I will admit I didn't see Fulbright being the culprit at all until they pointed out the escape route used. I did enjoy getting to Perceive one last time, though.

Poor Pearl - she was doing so well as assistant up until the trial, and then she went and vanished for the whole time. I was hoping she'd stand in court for once. Really none of the returning characters besides Phoenix/Apollo were used that well.

Hey! My current life situation is [low-level internal screaming], so I may be slow to respond to things. Thanks for understanding!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Master of sharp things!

Gender: Male

Location: New York City

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:06 am

Posts: 2011

Bolt Storm wrote:
Just finished it myself.

Spoiler:
I agree that the pacing of this and case 4 was really odd. It definitely felt like one big case, and while that might have been what they were going for on purpose, it was strange to have the 'final' case be one investigation and one day of trial (even if it was a pretty long day).

Phantom was not the most interesting of final foes, but I will admit I didn't see Fulbright being the culprit at all until they pointed out the escape route used. I did enjoy getting to Perceive one last time, though.

Poor Pearl - she was doing so well as assistant up until the trial, and then she went and vanished for the whole time. I was hoping she'd stand in court for once. Really none of the returning characters besides Phoenix/Apollo were used that well.


Spoiler:
Regarding Pearl, that's kind of the issue with returning characters, isn't it? Everyone wants one character or another to come back, but unless they're put to good use or at least featured properly for the whole case, it's rather pointless and disappointing as shown with Pearl. I know Pearl served a purpose in delivering Maya's letter and explaining the black Psyche-Locks, but I'd have thought she would've at least shown up earlier in the game instead of just half a case.


I have the same issue with Klavier, but that's for another thread.

Image
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2131

NinjAngel wrote:
I just finished last night, but I get the feeling I missed something

Spoiler: Motive
Can someone clarify the phantom's motive for me re: Mari? I can't remember exactly why he set out to kill her, and why he bombed the HAT-1 launch in the first place...I was more focused on figuring out the order of events, so it appears I missed some details

Spoiler:
I don't remember the motive anymore, but I think it was spy-stuff. The phantom had to bomb HAT-1, because it carried the 'Future' capsule with the moonrock (=evidence of him). The same reason he attacked the center in the present

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

You want STARS? I'll give you STARS!

Gender: None specified

Location: New York~

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:37 am

Posts: 85

I have a question about the final boss.
Spoiler:
In his breakdown, you can see him flipping through various masks. Does that mean that the phantom pretended to be all those people at certain points? Or was it just for that breakdown?

ImageImage
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:56 am

Posts: 10

FreeFurNawlz wrote:
I have a question about the final boss.
Spoiler:
In his breakdown, you can see him flipping through various masks. Does that mean that the phantom pretended to be all those people at certain points? Or was it just for that breakdown?


Spoiler:
Nah, I think that it was trying to show the Phantoms identity crisis, that he didn't know who he was through the usage of the old characters. I'm pretty certain he never was any of them (exept bobby)
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I wish I WERE the best.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Posts: 324

So...

Spoiler:
What happened to all the characters in the credits?
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Posts: 2196

SeanHK wrote:
Spoiler:
And did Pearl foreshadow Maya's return during the credits...? Hmm....


What's this? Please do tell about this.
Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Reaper ~

Gender: Female

Location: Spain 8D

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Posts: 58

Bolt Storm wrote:
Just finished it myself.

Spoiler:
I agree that the pacing of this and case 4 was really odd. It definitely felt like one big case, and while that might have been what they were going for on purpose, it was strange to have the 'final' case be one investigation and one day of trial (even if it was a pretty long day).

Phantom was not the most interesting of final foes, but I will admit I didn't see Fulbright being the culprit at all until they pointed out the escape route used. I did enjoy getting to Perceive one last time, though.

Poor Pearl - she was doing so well as assistant up until the trial, and then she went and vanished for the whole time. I was hoping she'd stand in court for once. Really none of the returning characters besides Phoenix/Apollo were used that well.


Spoiler:
Yeah, it was a bit strange. But I don't know why, I really enjoyed the last case. First part was full of emotions, because of the whole "you have to save both Athena and Blackquill". Then last part was a total mindfuck xD I found it epic yet at the same time a bit bizarre.

I never really suspect Fulbright, it was a character I really liked, I thought "they've finally done a good replacement for Gumshoe" (I like Gumshoe but I also prefer to see new characters). But the more I saw him, the more I was unsure. And when it was discovered that he was the Phantom, I nearly cried xD But oh well, he was a good villain.

And I really like that final cutscene, not what you expect from an AA game xD, but it was beautiful to see them all happy.

Overrall I think this AA is really good. Love the new characters.

Image
Re: Case 5 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

~chansey~

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Posts: 21

Spoiler: Just finished the game!
Just finished the game! It was awesome! (Like all Gyakuten games.)

But wow I say. Ban. I was totally shocked. During the whole 5th case I was thinking; who is it? I couldn't see anyone fitting. First I presented Kaku Hozumi (first defendant), then Yuugami's (Blakcquill's) sister (yeah yeah, I know, stupid) and it wasn't before I actually considered Ban that it hit me... Hard. Well played Capcom, I say. You totally got me.

All in all I really enjoyed the last case. It was special, which last cases are supposed to be. Many twists and turns, and special things happening. Yeah, really the highlight of the game.


Ash wrote:
NinjAngel wrote:
I just finished last night, but I get the feeling I missed something

Spoiler: Motive
Can someone clarify the phantom's motive for me re: Mari? I can't remember exactly why he set out to kill her, and why he bombed the HAT-1 launch in the first place...I was more focused on figuring out the order of events, so it appears I missed some details

Spoiler:
I don't remember the motive anymore, but I think it was spy-stuff. The phantom had to bomb HAT-1, because it carried the 'Future' capsule with the moonrock (=evidence of him). The same reason he attacked the center in the present


Spoiler:
He had to kill her because she was a threat to revealing his identity. Blackquill went to her with a voice recording with him, which while not being so good as to track a specific person, you could find out other things. Like that he didn't have any feelings...

And bombing the HAT-1 was to get rid of the moon stone with his blood on it. Yeah, he bombed a spacecraft. To get rid of a stone. Biggest overreaction ever. :payne:
Page 1 of 7 [ 242 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO