Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 6 of 6[ 224 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Re: Turnabout Reclaimed discussion threadTopic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

JesusMonroe wrote:
The Thought Route was usually that but the two orcas thing completely blindsided me. I was fooled. By the way, does anyone know why they lied about their being two orcas in the first place (before Azura died)?

And linkenski, I'm kind of confused. I was just looking at older posts on this thread and the ones on the first page make it seem like you played the case then but now you're saying that you finished it a month ago. Are there two different people using your account?

I got the case on its release date, then played week to week until the second day of trial, got bored, then picked it up again and beat it last month.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

"Eggs?"

Spoiler:
Did anyone else crack up when they saw the title of Rimes's testimony, "The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright" too? In fact, all of Rimes's rhymes are hilarious, even if we have to reread them a couple times to fully understand what he said.

Also, if you haven't played the game yet (AND YOU SHOULD), play the DLC before the last case.
Spoiler:
I played the DLC after case 5, and it was SOOoOoOoOO awkward talking to Fulbright... And seeing Blackquill in cuffs again was just... saddening.

I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

It's a shame Capcom isn't planning more DLC because AA is the perfect series for it

The video game boy; the one who wins

TheBlackquillz wrote:
Spoiler:
Did anyone else crack up when they saw the title of Rimes's testimony, "The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright" too? In fact, all of Rimes's rhymes are hilarious, even if we have to reread them a couple times to fully understand what he said.

YES.

Quote:
It's a shame Capcom isn't planning more DLC because AA is the perfect series for it

Indeed. And it would kill some abstinence waiting for new titles. Also, I honestly thought they were going to release a ton of them just to make money.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

What Miles said (or well, agreed with). Both about the Dissin' of Phoenix Wright and about the DLCs.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

GoingforMiles wrote:
TheBlackquillz wrote:
Spoiler:

YES.

Quote:

Indeed. And it would kill some abstinence waiting for new titles. Also, I honestly thought they were going to release a ton of them just to make money.

The problem is that both Yamazaki and Takumi are working crunch-time on the next full games, so if they were to add more DLC, it would undeniably slow down the overall development cycle of the next game.

But otherwise I agree. Ace Attorney is perfect for DLC. I'd even argue it could be cool if they released standalone cases, like how Rise From The Ashes was standalone in Japan, but on the eShop.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

This was the first case in DD I ever failed, because:
Spoiler:
I couldn't understand Rimes' rhymes

Also:
Spoiler:
I would have preferred it if Klavier was the prosecutor. He hears Phoenix gets his badge back, and learning that he is defending a client, prosecutes the case to make up for the trial 8 years ago. He wants to face Phoenix in a fair fight. Admittedly this creates a contradiction because Athena meets Klavier for the first time in 5-3, after this case.

I just want Klavier to get some more love in this game.

There's already a contradiction in this case since Phoenix doesn't understand crap about the Mood Matrix in the tutorial case. Maybe he got hit by a fire extinguisher or two

The cape is self-fluttering

MBr wrote:
This was the first case in DD I ever failed, because:
Spoiler:
I couldn't understand Rimes' rhymes

Don't feel bad.
Spoiler:
I got so much secondhand embarrassment from reading the rhymes, I screwed up in a couple of places myself. Though I admit The dissing of Phoenix Wright made me LOL.

Quote:
Also:
Spoiler:
I would have preferred it if Klavier was the prosecutor. He hears Phoenix gets his badge back, and learning that he is defending a client, prosecutes the case to make up for the trial 8 years ago. He wants to face Phoenix in a fair fight. Admittedly this creates a contradiction because Athena meets Klavier for the first time in 5-3, after this case.

I just want Klavier to get some more love in this game.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I felt like this was a lost opportunity. A Phoenix vs. Klavier trial would have been fitting.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

WOOOOOOOOOOW. I did not know this until today! Let me fill you in here!

So I'm reading through the Janet Hsu blogs when I come across a line of text reading, and I quote:

Quote:
"Hello! I’m Yuki Nakamura. I’m a game designer here at Capcom and the scenario writer for the DLC episode."

Did U C that? "Yuki Nakamura, scenario writer for the DLC episode."

So the DLC episode, ironically the best case in the entire game... is NOT written by Yamazaki? Yuki Nakamura should be lead writer for AA6.

迷探偵

Unlike what a lot of people think, most of these games aren't actually typed/written by just one person. Yamazaki is the scenario director of GS5, he is responsible for the main story/final calls/etc. He leads a team of other writers, one of which apparently Nakamura. But usually people only refer to the head writer, also because it's different to say what one person precisely contributed to each scenario for us. Kitajima Yukinori is for example credited as a game scenario writer for both Layton VS GS and GS5, and he even helped with titles as 428, Time Travelers, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, but you hardly hear his name when discussing these games.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Your Friendly Neighborhood Eccentric.

Spoiler: A 'little' confusion...
Maybe if I wasn't watching playthroughs at oh-dark-thirty-in-the-morning, things would probably make more sense, hurr hurr.

But anyway, the whole Shipley being inside the skull rock + Orla's headbutting it parts... I don't understand. My guess is that she must've sensed something was off and that she was merely trying to open it and use her lifesaver trick, but...

Sorry... Something just seems off to me, and I'm currently too braindead (again) to try to put my finger on it.

The law is full of contradictions.

TheBlackquillz wrote:
Spoiler:

Also, if you haven't played the game yet (AND YOU SHOULD), play the DLC before the last case.
Spoiler:
I played the DLC after case 5, and it was SOOoOoOoOO awkward talking to Fulbright... And seeing Blackquill in cuffs again was just... saddening.

I know what you mean. This was pretty much me every time I saw him!
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
Unlike what a lot of people think, most of these games aren't actually typed/written by just one person. Yamazaki is the scenario director of GS5, he is responsible for the main story/final calls/etc. He leads a team of other writers, one of which apparently Nakamura. But usually people only refer to the head writer, also because it's different to say what one person precisely contributed to each scenario for us. Kitajima Yukinori is for example credited as a game scenario writer for both Layton VS GS and GS5, and he even helped with titles as 428, Time Travelers, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, but you hardly hear his name when discussing these games.

Here's a link to one of his official sites in English, in case no one can read the Jp Wiki page. He even had a hand in Okamiden and Chaos Rings among many other titles.

Hikari-chan wrote:
Maybe if I wasn't watching playthroughs at oh-dark-thirty-in-the-morning, things would probably make more sense, hurr hurr.

But anyway, the whole Shipley being inside the skull rock + Orla's headbutting it parts... I don't understand. My guess is that she must've sensed something was off and that she was merely trying to open it and use her lifesaver trick, but...

Sorry... Something just seems off to me, and I'm currently too braindead (again) to try to put my finger on it.

Spoiler:
It's more likely Orla was acting up because of the sleeping pills she swallowed. They found only one of those pills still left intact, so the rest were dissolved already. She was just trying to keep herself awake. :(

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

"Eggs?"

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Hikari-chan wrote:

Spoiler:
It's more likely Orla was acting up because of the sleeping pills she swallowed. They found only one of those pills still left intact, so the rest were dissolved already. She was just trying to keep herself awake. :(

Spoiler: Let's use the power of science
Or the power of Google. Anyway, I found out that orcas do not have a sense of smell. This would automatically strike out any possibility that Orla smelled the blood and tried to get the captain out. However, orcas are extremely intelligent. Also note that the skull rock had at least one hole in it (proven by the poster showing the coins inside), so most likely Orla saw the captain, noticed something was wrong, and tried to save him.
Science! :notes:

Oh, by the way, Rubia. Oral only ingested those sleeping pills during the trial when Marlon fed her all those fish. She hadn't been fed the sleeping pills before Shipley was killed - only time she had a sleeping pill was during trial - so she wouldn't have head-butted the rock to stay awake because she was wide awake anyway.

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:

Last edited by TheBlackquillz on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

OBJECTION!

I really liked this case a lot.
Spoiler: Thoughts
I never thought there were 2 orcas
'The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright' was hilarious :D
Did anyone else besides me suspect Dr. Crab before Rimes? I honestly thought he (Crab) would be the villain
If Azura died because of a heart attack why was she allowed to be in the show anyway?

Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Enoshima Junko-chan!

grim_tales wrote:
I really liked this case a lot.
Spoiler: Thoughts
I never thought there were 2 orcas
'The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright' was hilarious :D
Did anyone else besides me suspect Dr. Crab before Rimes? I honestly thought he (Crab) would be the villain
If Azura died because of a heart attack why was she allowed to be in the show anyway?

Spoiler:
I don't think Azura told anyone that she had a heart condition. Sasha did, which caused the fight between her and Jack Shipley.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
Also Thoughts on TR and 5-5 spoilers
It was definitely weird seeing Fulbright in TR, I did wonder was he the real Fulbright or the Phantom? maybe I should have played this case before 5-5.. idk.. oh well :(
Also thinking about Azura's death in TR, Rimes said he loves animals or whatever so maybe he should be more understanding... did he not know about his girlfriend's heart condition?

Spoiler:
It was the phantom. If a recall correctly, the real Fulbright died a year before 5-5. We never met him, that much is for sure.

In another vein, I think they did a much better job making Crab suspicious than with Hugh in 5-3.

OBJECTION!

Yeah, I agree about Crab
Spoiler:
One pose he had (that sort of 'evil smile' pose) just seemed suspicious to me so it was almost a surprise to find out he wasnt a particularly nice good guy (he didnt seem likeable to me anyway).
I felt Rimes was the opposite, his transformation would scream 'evil' in other AA games but it was both shocking and very funny, and sad at the end :(

Turnabout Reclaimed was somewhat interesting with everyone thinking the orca had murdered the victim when the victim fell to there death I did feel sorry for Mr. Shipley and Ms. Summers the ending was fine a bit sad though
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

NoiR

Oddly enough

Spoiler: Orla the Orca
I figured out that there were two Orcas when we learned that there was two different songs. I have NO real idea how I came to the conclusion but my jaw dropped and I was just like "WOAH THERE'S TWO ORCAS" and then when it really was revealed I almost cried tears of joy LOL

Overall this case was really good. I don't really see it being the best case of the game like a lot of people here seem to suggest, I feel that the pacing was kind of off towards the end of the case. I LOVED all of the characters in this case though.

"Eggs?"

James Granger wrote:
Turnabout Reclaimed was somewhat interesting with everyone thinking the orca had murdered the victim when the victim fell to there death I did feel sorry for Mr. Shipley and Ms. Summers the ending was fine a bit sad though

P-Punctuation much?

*ahem* Anyway, I agree with you. The ending was a bit sad, but it was happy at the same time. Speaking of the ending, did anyone else think...
Spoiler: The "One Month Later" part
...that whenever someone said "There's a special guest on the show!", they were talking about Blackquill? I honestly thought for a while there that Simon was making a special debut as Redstache.
:simon:

The video game boy; the one who wins

It's nice, and feels fresh in that there wasn't any actual murder. Its general tone was pretty sweet in a sense, especially with what might be the happiest AA-case-ending ever. Which felt nice having just dealt with 5-5. The investigations, and the mystery itself up until the end where everything started coming together, weren't really memorable, though, for me, what made the case was the ending and the characters. I liked every character present (and the victim seemed like a nice person too), and I really appreciated that Pearl had a more prominent role and got to do some forensicking... and even Apollo got to help with the case eventually. Overall, a smooth case with nice characters, not the most interesting one in the bunch but replayable and I can't think of any direct flaws with it. Also:
- O-order! I will have order, or Prosecutor Blackquill is gonna yell at us!
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 6 of 6 [ 224 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)