Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 5 of 6[ 224 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Re: Turnabout Reclaimed discussion threadTopic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

TheBlarghMan wrote:
Spoiler:
...though I'm kinda disappointed that Rimes' breakdown wasn't a crazy rap of some sort.

Spoiler:
A breakdown rap, or a rap breakdown?

sumguy28 wrote:
Half-Life 3 confirmed. So possible GK3 teaser?
Also, minor nitpick:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Judge: That young lady... Didn't I meet her once before, a long time ago?
Phoenix: Yes, that's Pearl Fey, my old friend.
Judge: Well, well. Didn't she grow up to be a lovely young lady!
*cue Taka landing on Judge's head*
However, the Judge has never seen Pearl as a child. Whenever Pearl was in the courtroom, she was channeling Mia.

Spoiler:
Well, ever since Franziska showed him a photo of Mia being channeled, I suppose he innately assumed that whenever Pearl showed up in court, she looked different because she was also channeling.

That, or he could have seen little Pearl in the lobby at one point that we don't know.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

1000% Knight

Udgey also could've seen a picture of Pearl during 3-5, when she was missing and everyone was searching for her.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

TheBlarghMan wrote:
Finished the case last night.

Spoiler:
I liked the twist of having no big "villain." I kept expecting the game to pull out some sinister behind the scenes character at some point, but that never came.

What bothers me the most is the fact that the court was ready to convict Rimes of murder, though, without any sort of motive being established at all. I guess the implication was that he killed Shipley due to being discovered or something. Until Blackquill presented the fingerprint evidence at the end, though, there hadn't been a scrap of evidence presented that showed Rimes killed Shipley, just that he was responsible for moving the body. An accidental death and a cover up (which it turned out to be) was just as plausible as murder, and yet everyone was ready to throw the book at him.

Outside of that, the case was pretty good. The big twist with two orcas was one I never saw coming, the characters were all well done, and the logic flowed pretty well, although that one part with pointing out that the body falling into the pool wasn't in the camera footage tripped me up for a while (I assumed that the boy just fell in during some part of the footage they didn't show us). Pearl certainly had a much bigger role than before, which was great. The humor was probably the best in the game as well. That sharknado reference and the final testimony from Rimes had me laughing.

...though I'm kinda disappointed that Rimes' breakdown wasn't a crazy rap of some sort.

Spoiler: T-R
Rimes did say that Shipley was protecting the whale and was gonna fill the pool. Even though that's not what happened, but that's the motive part you were wondering about.

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Idol of Polar Bears

Marlon Rimes is officially my favorite new character.

It's not as if Pearl was never in the courtroom. Just because the game never presented them together, it doesn't mean there isn't the possibility that he saw her, for example, she could've been in the audience.

Did anyone see the "alternate" bad ending?

Spoiler:
If you lose all your health during the portions where Rime throws accusation back at Orla, the game ends with Sasha's verdict as "Not Guilty" but Orla gets taken away by PETA, er, the animal control group thing, and is said to never be seen again. Something like that.

QBnoYouko wrote:

Spoiler:
If you lose all your health during the portions where Rime throws accusation back at Orla, the game ends with Sasha's verdict as "Not Guilty" but Orla gets taken away by PETA, er, the animal control group thing, and is said to never be seen again. Something like that.

Still not that bad, really. At least not compared to one of the potential bad endings in the fifth case.

Spoiler:
It would have been nice if the game had given you to option to object when The Judge was about to declare Sasha 'Not Guilty' the first time, that way you could have maybe gotten an ending where Marlon was convicted. Not because I hate the character or anything, but because it would have kinda given a feeling of freedom within the case.

Thane wrote:
QBnoYouko wrote:

Spoiler:

Still not that bad, really. At least not compared to one of the potential bad endings in the fifth case.
Oh, I have to try that. I fooled around with choices for cases 1-3 but wanted to finish up 4 and 5 as best as I could.

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

Am I the only one who unlocked Phoenix' college pink sweater with this case? I never heard about a third costume for Phoenix.

Also, a question.

Spoiler:
Why did they taught the orcas different songs?

I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

Don't worry, I got that costume too.

Oh look, a ladder!

zpattack12 wrote:
Don't worry, I got that costume too.

Any screenies?
*Insert witty signature here*

Spoiler: Unlocked Costume
This is from a page on C-R. I don't feel like finding my camera to take a screenshot from my own copy, but that's what it looks like.

SweetieBot wrote:
Am I the only one who unlocked Phoenix' college pink sweater with this case? I never heard about a third costume for Phoenix.

Also, a question.

Spoiler:
Why did they taught the orcas different songs?

It was something that came out of finishing the Quiz DLC in the Japanese version. Now that they moved it to the end of Turnabout Reclaimed. If you ask me, I woulda gone for the pirate version

Spoiler:
After changing orcas, they wanted to go with a different show. This was also one way they could better keep track between Ora and Orla.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

I didn't expect to like this case as much as I did. Although Sasha could get a little annoying, I really enjoyed Rimes and Dr. Crab. Even DePlume. This might have been the most fun I had playing AA5, although sometimes I rolled my eyes (the singing fantasy cutscenes? not my thing). I liked the twist about the killer--it wasn't who I expected until closer to the end--and the killer's reasoning.

I was a little bummed at the revisualization result was because I figured it out a while ago. I was also very meh about cross examining Orla. I've seen people comment that since we cross examined Polly, why not an orca? But I don't agree.

Spoiler: Azura and Sasha spoiler
I was a little bummed they simply said "oh Azura had the same heart condition as Sasha" and left it at that. I had two suspicions...
1. Azura and Sasha were sisters.
2. Azura and Sasha were the same person (which is the reason why the orca was never put down).

But we didn't get any answers.

1000% Knight

defenses wrote:
(the singing fantasy cutscenes? not my thing)

Well, it would've been a really boring cutscene if they just stood there singing it, wouldn't it have been? :P

Quote:
I was also very meh about cross examining Orla. I've seen people comment that since we cross examined Polly, why not an orca? But I don't agree.

Yeah, I sorta agree. Cross-examining an animal was a hilarious, one-time thing. There isn't that much of a need to repeat it. Plus, cross-examining a parrot is a lot different than cross-examining an orca, since a parrot can actually speak and "testify."
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
defenses wrote:

Well, it would've been a really boring cutscene if they just stood there singing it, wouldn't it have been? :P

They should have included some fight scenes and sang "Fight Together" by Namie Amuro. Oh wait, wrong anime

Quote:
Quote:
I was also very meh about cross examining Orla. I've seen people comment that since we cross examined Polly, why not an orca? But I don't agree.

Yeah, I sorta agree. Cross-examining an animal was a hilarious, one-time thing. There isn't that much of a need to repeat it. Plus, cross-examining a parrot is a lot different than cross-examining an orca, since a parrot can actually speak and "testify."

While we didn't need to press every statement in Orla's testimony to make Blackquill's lid pop, I didn't care. I went a second round the first time I went through. It's always an endearing moment to find a smiling whale on the witness stand. Anyway, the important part came after those lines of questioning, though the game could have progressed after pressing any one statement, really.

Still, I enjoyed reading Orla's testimony much more than Polly's, though Polly's is still up there among the best witness testimonies ever. Now, the only thing we need is the return of Missile into investigations.

Oh look, a ladder!

zpattack12 wrote:
Spoiler: Unlocked Costume
This is from a page on C-R. I don't feel like finding my camera to take a screenshot from my own copy, but that's what it looks like.

That looks just as ridiculous as before.

Hooray for weird fashion in the 2020's
*Insert witty signature here*

Wotter boy

This case took Turnabout Academy's spot as my favorite case in the game.
Though I'm disappointed that Trucy and Apollo basically didn't exist in the case, Trucy more than usual, but I was very happy that Pearl actually had some USE!

Tbh, they should've made this case about all the returning characters though, with Nick as the defense attorney, and Trucy as his assistant, with Athena only helping for the Mood Matrix segments. Pearl's role was fine, though Klavier should've been the prosecutor, imo. Fulbright's role was minimal, so there would be no need to replace him. I loved the Ema, Franziska and Lisa Basil references in this game.

GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's co-council

Bad Player wrote:
defenses wrote:

Quote:

The thing is that Polly's testimony is actually decisive, because you prove the killer's connection to DL-6. But Orla's testimony is just useless.

Spoiler:
Nick needed Orla to take the stand so he can show how Rimes commanded her, ok. But cross-examining her was just a waste of time, because it didn't change anything.

I'm not English. Excuse my grammar errors.

I just finished the DLC case.

Spoiler:
To be honest I am genuinely surprised by how good the case was. I thought it was going to be a lot shorter so the length of the case shocked me. I am also quite glad Pearl had more of a role but I still think her role could have easily been changed for Trucy (taking away the giving the magatama power thing) The plot twist was completely awesome

Apollon Flame

I'm proud about this case because of TWO things:

Spoiler: TR spoilers
1. I thought the vet would be the villain because of "the villain is always the last character to be introduced", and...

2. Like previously mentioned, there was no big baddie.

Also, like Athena, I started not liking Dr. Crabs, but afterwards, he seemed more likable.

A King

in name

alone...

Ultimate Survivor

Scent wrote:
I'm proud about this case because of TWO things:

Spoiler: TR spoilers
1. I thought the vet would be the villain because of "the villain is always the last character to be introduced", and...

2. Like previously mentioned, there was no big baddie.

Also, like Athena, I started not liking Dr. Crabs, but afterwards, he seemed more likable.

1. Yeah, it was nice that that wasn't the case. I was glad to be caught off guard.

Spoiler:
2. Yup, Marlon's "reveal" was really interesting. His transformation was a cool misdirect, because most of the time transformations mean GUILTY. But he didn't actually murder anyone.

Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Godot's the Man

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Tbh, they should've made this case about all the returning characters though, with Nick as the defense attorney, and Trucy as his assistant, with Athena only helping for the Mood Matrix segments. Pearl's role was fine, though Klavier should've been the prosecutor, imo. Fulbright's role was minimal, so there would be no need to replace him. I loved the Ema, Franziska and Lisa Basil references in this game.

I missed the Franziska and Lisa Basil references. Can you point it out to me, or at least describe what the reference was?

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

GyakutenGodot wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

I missed the Franziska and Lisa Basil references. Can you point it out to me, or at least describe what the reference was?

At one point, someone mentions that the defense should get 40 lashes with a fish and Phoenix comments that it'd be better than getting lashes from a whip. :ka-whip:

When learning what the TORPEDO system stands for, Phoenix comments that he "hopes it's not SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access pass-protected", a reference to the default phrase Lisa Basil gives when presenting evidence to her. :basil:
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Slezak wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:

At one point, someone mentions that the defense should get 40 lashes with a fish and Phoenix comments that it'd be better than getting lashes from a whip. :ka-whip:

When learning what the TORPEDO system stands for, Phoenix comments that he "hopes it's not SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access pass-protected", a reference to the default phrase Lisa Basil gives when presenting evidence to her. :basil:

I seen that comment about the TORPEDO but I somehow didn't make the connection to Lisa Basil. I actually tried to figure out the joke behind it but nope.

My secret? You'll need a magatama!

Hopefully I'll finally be downloading this over the weekend. Have I heard right that it's only just over 100 blocks in size? That seems awfully small for an entire case, unless Capcom sneakily included most of its data in the main game download.
Hypotenuse Man wrote:
The way I envision it is this:

"Mask *jazz hands!* DeMasque."
Win. Just win! :jazzron: :jazzsneeze: :jazzedgy: :Keko-hands:
Check out my Apollo Justice crossword! More to come soon!

Apollon Flame

If there's anyone that doesn't have the time, money or both to try Turnabout Reclaimed, there are already some LPs of it over at YouTube.
A King

in name

alone...

Godot's the Man

WOW! This Case was really something else! Did not expect it to be so good.

So some general comments..
Spoiler: Whole Case Spoilers
Marlon Rimes being the bad guy (I know he didn't kill Shipley but still, he was the one who set all the events of the case in motion) was a HUGE twist. Did not see that coming, especially with the killer in case 3 (that's what I'm up to) being really obvious (at least to me). Kept thinking to was going to be Dr. Crab since usually if you meet someone for the first time after the first day of trial, they're usually the killer (Vasquez, Acro). Happy to see GS5 breaking the predictable formula. Also find it really funny that Marlon is the first black guy in the series and is insanely stereotyped with his look and his obsession with rapping, and then to make matters worse, he turns out to be the bad guy also. Final twist was pretty good, though throughout the whole case I had my suspicion about there being two orcas. What mainly gave it away for me earlier was the Ora/Orla thing, I figured they had to have put it in there for a reason, otherwise the calling her by different name, mind you one with a one letter difference, was stupid from a writers perspective. However by the time they revealed it, I had just figured I was wrong. Other than that, just an all together great case, and a superb addition to the game.

One final non spoilery comment. I like how in this game the attorneys sometimes present theories that are wrong. This has happens a lot in all the cases I've played so far (up to Case 3.) I don't really remember this happening in previous AA games. Really adds to the plots of each case in my opinion.

Objection Goddess

Spoiler: case spoiler and case 5 spoiler
Wow, was I like the only one that suspected Marlon Rimes from the start? I mean there just was SOMETHING I didn't like about that guy, it was the same suspicion I had about Fulbright and that ended up being right, just I didn't know what was shady about him.

Anyway that being said I really enjoyed this case, I just wish that there had been more cameos in this one, but I loved the couple of references. But I do agree, with all the music theme to this case Klaiver Gavin should had been the prosecutor, not only for that fact but also as stated before it would make sense for Phoenix to face off against him in a fair trail this time. Also would had been fun to see Ema if possible, they referred to her but that's all. I mean

Spoiler: Case 5 spoiler
after all this case came out after quite a number of people already beat the game, so once you see Fulbright you're like 'great it's the phantom bastard again' so his character isn't quite the same as if you were playing this right after case 2 (even though there was just something about Fulbright that nagged me from the start and once I found out he was the phantom I could see why I didn't like him unlike Gumshoe and Ema)

So really it wouldn't have hurt to maybe have had Fulbright on the side maybe meet Wright at some point during the investigation but maybe Ema could had been the detective assigned to the case. You could have had a comedy bit with how maybe Ema couldn't stand him and his justice speeches, and he could claim he was helping her out in the name of justice and whatnot. I could just picture this scene

Ema: We have to investigate this area scientifically!
Fulbright: But we have justice on our side! Besides that's what the boys at forensics do their job for justice!
Ema: Are you telling me I can't do my job? Go back to babysitting that inmate!
Fulbright: *pout face* You mean you have no use for my justice?
Ema: NO! Now get lost!
Klaiver: Watch out for Fraulein, she has some dangerous claws when she draws them.
Ema: YOU TOO! Oh hi Mr. Wright! *Drastic change to happy mode* You want to help me investigate this area?
Klaiver: F-fraulein?! Why are you helping him and not me?
Fulbright: Mr. Lawyer, how is your justice greater than ours?
Pheonix: ^^; That's because I brought her a pack of snackoos...
Athena: THAT'S why you've been carrying those around?

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spoiler: Case
I too found the case better than expected. Sometimes it felt like they didn't really know which direction to head, I mean with the balance between wacky and serious, but I thoght it would be more... gimmicky and halfbaked, so I'm very pleased. I liked Pearl's role in this case, it felt like we got to know her 17-year-old self better than in case 5, and her presence made sense. And it was cute seeing her and Trucy interact. :trucy: Too little Apollo though...

I agree with everyone who said Klavier should have been the prosecutor, I thought it somewhat strange that Simon actually took this case, this actually feels excactly like a case Klavier would enjoy, and it would make better use for him than his role in case 3.

The new characters were really good. At first I thought Sasha was quite irritating, but she grew on me. I thought Marlon was a nice character, but I didn't like him after the transformation at all. And the transformation itself, I hated it. I've accepted ultra sensitive hearing and spirit channeling and all that, because it's established in the game, a skinny guy sudenly and with no explanation turning into a beef is not. Someone in this thread complained about Phoenix's reaction Norma's wardrobe malfunction, and I agree; no way would they put in comments like that if she were thin, and referring to her as a sea lion... for a while I actually thought the fact that she's a heavy person (read: woman) would be left alone, but appearently I was wrong. Also I thought she was attractive :bellboy: Dr. Crab... I don't know why, but I really liked him. He was quite good-looking as well :bellboy:

The whole conclusion of it all was really sad. Especially as Marlon really had no reason at all to be angry with Orla. But I liked that it turned out to be an accident after all, especially since I was annoyed with the transformation because I thought that "Great, the nice guy is the killer, so of course they have to make all that a facade and to top it off make him more evil-looking". But I was disappointed when it turned out he wasn't even a vegetarian. :sadshoe: What more... as someone on Youtube commented, that information update in the Mood matrix where Marlon's giant evil overlooker head appears above the crime scene is, as they put it, "pure nightmare fuel". Cross-examining the orca was indeed unnecessary, but Phoenix yelling because "squawk"/"fweet" doesn't make a proper testimony never gets old. And a testimony called "The dissin' of Phoenix Wright" is pure gold.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

Spoiler: The whole case
I really enjoyed it! I thought it was going to be a tad bit cheesy, and, like Miles said before me, "gimmicky", but I was very pleased. It went smoothly and I never got bored with it. It had a very sad lack of Apollo, though!

I liked the characters, and Dr. Crab is a new favourite of mine. Due to Sasha's design I had some prejudices about her before even playing the game, I thought she looked rather obnoxious, but I liked her. I also enjoyed her and Athena's chemistry, it felt as they could be great buddies. It was nice to meet Pearl again, and, as some people already stated, she felt more "useful" and less "fanservice-y" in this case, and it also felt as we got to know her better. The nickname "Little Fry" was completely adorable as well... :acro: And it was cute how she interacted with Trucy and Athena. I actually liked Athena more in this case than in previous cases. It was cute how much she loved the show etc.

Norma was good fun, I liked that they had a heavy yet good looking and stylish woman in the game (because some people, media etc. seem to think that's a contradiction) - Phoenix's reaction to her "wardrobe malfunction" as well as comparing her to a sea lion was utterly uncool, though, very disappointing.

I loved the environments as I adore sea creatures and water and such! Beautiful and colourful.

Marlon's (I almost wrote "Marlon Brando's") transformation bugged me a lot. I liked him before it, but that was just... over the top, and he became annoying after it. "The dissin' of Phoenix Wright", though... That was amusing. Oh, Phoenix, you fool, how didn't you know that the walkie-talkie was broken, yo!? Haha. His reasons for doing what he did and everything, though... very sad. It was quite touching. I also liked that there were no murders, only accidents and such. But I found it a tad bit odd that both Sasha and Azura had the same heart condition, what are the odds?

I agree with many people that Klavier would be a better fit to this case, but Simon and his "don't badmouth the birds" were absolutely endearing, and I wouldn't want to be without it.
Aaaand I'm not really interested in animals per se, but I adore sea creatures, and the penguins were adorable, so... It was verrrry cute, actually.
And and and on another note, that pirate-music was really catchy.

Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Spoiler: Case
What more... as someone on Youtube commented, that information update in the Mood matrix where Marlon's giant evil overlooker head appears above the crime scene is, as they put it, "pure nightmare fuel".

Spoiler:
Here, my friend, is some more nightmare fules concerning Marlon:

The bottom two are fine, but the rest... uh... eh... wha-at!?

The top left: Proto Badger with a coopa-schnoopa-whattawhatta-turtle-shell. And those others are just plain disturbing.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I finished the case last month. Overall it was a bit meh. I think the whole Orca concept was something they ended up doing because they thought it would make for a hilarious case... but the result was just kinda unfunny and dull. Aside from the humor though, I actually thought that, ironically, this case had the best crime motive out of all of them (Including 5-3 and 5-5)... but since it all had to involve that animal the impact was lost because of legal thing such as punishment in regards to animals and stuff.

They tried to make the Orca live on the Parrot gag from 1-4 but it just made far less sense here, both for Phoenix and his motive for defending it with "all he got!" AndI thought the "in-your-face" references to how similar defending an Orca was to "a certain past case" (says Phoenix) was unnecessary.

The singing is just.... ugh, who at Capcom wanted to see that crap become a reality!? For what purpose? Whose laughter??
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Yeah. I thought this case was a bit overrated, too. It's basically a better version of Turnabout Big Top

Remember how you said the writing feels different on the newer games? This was the only case I noticed it in (and Turnabout Countdown. I can't explain it, but that felt like it was trying to be an AA case. Kind of like a fan game, where something is just off). I can't explain what I didn't like about it. There were certain segments where you exposed a contradiction in Marlon's testimony and he was like, "Oh, I guess that's right." WHAT? That's all you have to say?

Plus, I didn't like the characters. I didn't like Norma (though I don't really understand what people mean when they say her breakdown was in bad taste? I'm not trying to add fuel to a fire. I was just indifferent about it), I didn't like Sasha (though I LOVE the pirate theme she had), and I thought Marlon was ok. I was also indifferent about Crab. I know he's popular so I might have to replay parts of the case...

What I DID like about the case is that it's the "hardest" case in Dual Destinies (and the only one where I got parts of the "Thought Route" wrong), I liked Pearl's reappearance and it didn't feel forced to me, I was actually surprised by the killer, I liked his motive, and it was pretty funny at parts

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

What? In my case, I thought every single bit of the Thought-Route segment was just a reaffirmation of what had already been told throughout the case. I thought every single answer was obvious, but I might just have had the right hunch or something.

But yeah I agree too about most stuff you said JesusMonroe, and ESPECIALLY about it being Big Top 2.0. The culprit's actions seemed like a blatant carbon-copy of Acro's to me (with few tweaks, but that's a given).
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

The Thought Route was usually that but the two orcas thing completely blindsided me. I was fooled. By the way, does anyone know why they lied about their being two orcas in the first place (before Azura died)?

And linkenski, I'm kind of confused. I was just looking at older posts on this thread and the ones on the first page make it seem like you played the case then but now you're saying that you finished it a month ago. Are there two different people using your account?

JesusMonroe wrote:
The Thought Route was usually that but the two orcas thing completely blindsided me. I was fooled. By the way, does anyone know why they lied about their being two orcas in the first place (before Azura died)?

There was one orca on the show, and they had to get rid of it because the Dangerous Animal Control Association (or something) thought it killed someone. Of course, the public hadn't really caught on that there was a killing at all (even though a certain novelist declared it as such), so they kept the other one in to keep the show going. As to why they didn't just announce to the world that one of their members died of a heart attack, I have no idea why. Maybe it's so that there can be a DLC case about Nick defending an orca? :ron:

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
There was one orca on the show, and they had to get rid of it because the Dangerous Animal Control Association (or something) thought it killed someone. Of course, the public hadn't really caught on that there was a killing at all (even though a certain novelist declared it as such), so they kept the other one in to keep the show going. As to why they didn't just announce to the world that one of their members died of a heart attack, I have no idea why. Maybe it's so that there can be a DLC case about Nick defending an orca? :ron:

That's not really what I meant.

There were two orcas named Ora and Orla. They washed up on the shore and Shipley rescued them. Marlon didn't know there were two orcas but Shipley, Buckler, and Crab did.

Azura was doing a show and died of a heart attack. This is where it gets confusing for me. Crab didn't know about Azura's heart condition, but I'm assuming that Shipley did because that's the reason he didn't want Sasha participating in the Redstache show. For some reason, even though Crab and Shipley moved Ora to another aquarium and are keeping her alive, Shipley never tells Crab that Ora never killed anyone. Sasha assumes that Ora is put down

My issue is, when Ora and Orla were first beached, why didn't Shipshape advertise saying, "Come to our show! We have two orcas!" They were keeping it a secret so that when it does look like Azura is killed, everybody assumes an orca was never put down (and they're right, but Sasha does think one was put down)

I seem to recall there was mention of Orla's condition, being the smaller and weaker of the two sisters. Ora wanted to repay Shipley's kindness with her stellar performance, so she got the role. Orla was left as reserve until Ora was to be removed.

As to why Shipley didn't tell Crab, who helped him move the orca in the first place... well, I dunno. He didn't ask?

Page 5 of 6 [ 224 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)