Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 2 of 2[ 70 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Why is capcom tight lipped about the US/EUR release dateTopic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I'm not sure about this, but Eshiro has an awful lot of control over the english release and how they plan to advertise it, and it seems to me like he doesn't care all that much about the overseas release. Ace Attorney needs way more promotion than it gets if they want to keep it from staggering.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Maybe its just me, but the international release of the game has seemed like an afterthought for Capcom. Its like they're thinking "oh, they created such a fuss over AAI2 that we are gonna let them have AA5"

adit2789 wrote:
Maybe its just me, but the international release of the game has seemed like an afterthought for Capcom. Its like they're thinking "oh, they created such a fuss over AAI2 that we are gonna let them have AA5"

I genuinely doubt it; the localization team has been working alongside the Japanese developers, after all.

I know what you're saying is true, but with the way capcom has handled their international marketing efforts and how the japanese players got so much better stuff, I can't help but feel (from time to time) that our loyalty and interest in the series is being underestimated

It's not about how loyal and interested the fans are, but how many of these fans exist.

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Screw it. Guys, I'll tell you everything. Capcom will release a trailer on Nintendo Direct 9/13, and at the end, it'll say fricking either July 25 or a week ago and mess up. :wellington:
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

fourtrass wrote:
Screw it. Guys, I'll tell you everything. Capcom will release a trailer on Nintendo Direct 9/13, and at the end, it'll say fricking either July 25 or a week ago and mess up. :wellington:

Wait, guys. When I said that the Direct was on the 13th, I was looking at LAST YEAR'S September Direct. My apologies.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

aplab23207 wrote:
fourtrass wrote:

Wait, guys. When I said that the Direct was on the 13th, I was looking at LAST YEAR'S September Direct. My apologies.

Oh my gosh, I was waiting to skim through it for DD info all day during classes, and go online seeing that nothing happen. You super troll, you :sob:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

fourtrass wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:
fourtrass wrote:

Oh my gosh, I was waiting to skim through it for DD info all day during classes, and go online seeing that nothing happen. You super troll, you :sob:

I didn't troll you, I just miscalculated! Image
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

"Lies, forget them." - Auron

Bump.

According to the official Ace Attorney page, source here:

"Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies arrives in North America and Europe on 24th October, exclusively as a digital download for the Nintendo 3DS eShop priced at $29.99 / €24.99!"
"I wish I was Stevie Wonder so I never have to see you again." - Filthy Frank

I demand that we have this case locked, Rrrrrrrrrrright nao!

YES!!!! Finally we get a date!!! Now that we have a solid date I am sure i can hold out for a month

Sorry for double posting, but I can't help but be a little worried that the release window is too close to the release of pokemon x and y. Some people have already mentioned that true fans WILL get AA5 on day 1, but I'm not convinced. People will spend $40 on Pokemon X/Y and then have to spend an extra $30 on AA5. Combined this with the fact that the game is only available digitally, it seems like suicide from a sales perspective.

You're right. They should release it in the end of september so I can get it sooner :P

Sillyness aside, it will probably affect sales but I hope they get to make a price-drop a month later or so and promote it regularily in the eShop but of course that would just be a plaster on the wound.

Still, at least it's two weeks after X and Y is out. That's still in its release window but I think depending on the promotion it gets around release it could still sell farily well, especially since it's at a lower price-point and it looks gorgeous.

At the end, thats what it all comes back to: Promotion. What you say is theoretically true, but only in the case of proper promotion efforts. Its been mentioned before, but capcom has been sorely lacking in any promotional efforts outside of the capcom-unity site and fan sites.

I hope that Capcom is trying to go with a strategy that revolves around releasing the game quick in a digital format, and then take their time with a physical launch of the game.

Now that we have release date, this thread is kinda pointless ^^'

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Sligneris wrote:
Now that we have release date, this thread is kinda pointless ^^'

They are technically still being tight lipped about the DLC release date, although that's much less of a bothersome thing. I'd still like to know though.

But yeah this topic is pretty pointless at this point. We have a release date, one that's not as bad as I thought. (I was starting to think late November).

Still, they could have announced this like a month ago.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

I'm guessing the DLC case will come out a month after the initial release of the main game, just like in Japan.

linkenski wrote:
I'm guessing the DLC case will come out a month after the initial release of the main game, just like in Japan.

Basically, this is what i think:

Most likely to happen: Comes out 15 to 30 days after the game
Less likely to happen: Released as Day one DLC
Least likely to happen: Released more than a month after the game.

Personally, I'm hoping for day one DLC but "shortly after" seems to be what's probably going to happen.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

As much as I'd like to have access to it immediately I love anticipating DLC for games I have already beaten. It also helps fill out the game between Dual Destinies and PLvsAA (not much though :P) which is likely coming Q1 where I live.

linkenski wrote:
As much as I'd like to have access to it immediately I love anticipating DLC for games I have already beaten. It also helps fill out the game between Dual Destinies and PLvsAA (not much though :P) which is likely coming Q1 where I live.

Europe? Man, after DD gets localized only in English, the Europeans get PLv.AA earlier than I do.

It's solely because the level-5 release schedule is months off in the US. PLvsAA is even getting multi-5 as far as I know and it still comes out earlier in Europe :D
We're already getting PL6 this november and there in the US it's slated to come out in the same window as PLvsAA releases over here :P

linkenski wrote:

This is how I felt before hearing the contents of the case, and in a way waiting and playing the DLC case when I first play the game does ruin that for me. On the other hand, I'm doing this big chronological PW marathon so I figured if it comes out shortly after the game itself I'll just wait.

I'm hoping they do some sort of post Case 5 DLC (kind of what 1-5 was for GS1) later on, even though I know right now they are saying they aren't planning on more cases.

Unfortunately it seems we're at the end of the road for extra content for GS5. They've said themselves that they aren't planning more DLCs at this point. I'm guessing they've started working on GS6 or GK3. Man I hope Shu Takumi will at least return as co-writer, because I don't dig Takeshi's ideas all too much. At least he's passionate.

ADA McCoy wrote:
linkenski wrote:

This is how I felt before hearing the contents of the case, and in a way waiting and playing the DLC case when I first play the game does ruin that for me. On the other hand, I'm doing this big chronological PW marathon so I figured if it comes out shortly after the game itself I'll just wait.

I'm hoping they do some sort of post Case 5 DLC (kind of what 1-5 was for GS1) later on, even though I know right now they are saying they aren't planning on more cases.

If you're that hell bent on playing the games chronologically, you'll wanna play the DLC case between Cases 2 and 3. Not really for a spoiler-type reason, but it'll increase your experience. For sure.

But doesn't it lessen the impact of, for example
Spoiler:
Pearl's entrance in case 5?

linkenski wrote:
But doesn't it lessen the impact of, for example
Spoiler:
Pearl's entrance in case 5?

It does do that, although to my knowledge that's the only spoiler for the rest of the game that's spoiled.

But any of us who kept up with the news knew it was coming up anyway. So it isn't that big of a deal to me.

Spoiler:
I see it as being kind of the same thing as Maya's appearance in 2-1.

Well that's probably right. I'm also tempted to play it cronologically if it's indeed day-1 DLC, but I feel like it's better to wait until you've beaten the main story somehow.

linkenski wrote:
Well that's probably right. I'm also tempted to play it cronologically if it's indeed day-1 DLC, but I feel like it's better to wait until you've beaten the main story somehow.

Keep in mind, my opinion is very much based on my Phoenix Wright marathon. Since I knew this might be the last game we get in the states, I decided to go back and play through all the games and read all the manga in order (I put up a guide topic for anyone else wanting to a while ago) so for me, there's something about Case 5 of DD being the real last case that appeals to me more than going back and playing the DLC case afterward.

My options, with pros and cons, are this (assuming the DLC comes out later and isn't day one DLC):

1. Play the DLC case between cases 2 and 3. This means waiting for the DLC to come out. Considering I'm still playing through JFA, I still have 4 games and all of the manga left to go, so chances are I won't be playing Dual Destinies right on release day. However, if I speed through the rest of the stuff, I'm left waiting with an unused GS5 on my system for who knows how long. But doing it this way really will give a better sense of finality as Case 5 is no doubt a better "end" to my marathon than the DLC case. But the spoiler we talked about is uncovered early. So,
PROS: Storyline ties up better and there's a sense of finality. This also makes GS5 the first game with 6 cases, all ready to be played.
CONS: Waiting around after release to get the DLC. One spoiler is revealed early. The thrill of getting a new case a little bit after completing the game is gone.

2. Play the DLC case when it comes out, and play GS5 all the way through first. This means playing GS5 the minute I finish Apollo Justice. Doing it this way means that I get the pleasure of beating a GS game, and then soon after suddenly getting a new case to play, something we all used to wish could happen on the old games. It means the introduction of a certain character won't happen early. However, based on the little bit of non-spoilery info I've heard about both the final case and the DLC case, the DLC case is kind of "filler", which is great in the middle of a game but isn't necessarily the best ending to my marathon. It means any wrap up and conclusion in the final case will take a back-seat to this, which isn't as satisfying as having the end really be the end. So,
PROS: Get to play DD right at release. One spoiler isn't revealed early. Great feeling of getting a new case down the road.
CONS: Kind of weird tonally to go from conclusion to filler. Isn't the end case, so its lack of finality would be noticeable while I'm doing my marathon. Waiting around for the next case.

So based on this, my decision was to wait and play the DLC case in the middle. I feel like story and tone wise it will work better. However, that's assuming that the DLC will be Day one or released shortly after. If it ends up being in December or something then I'm not going to wait around.

Then I'm really hoping DD turns into being the new big eShop hit like Pushmo or something. I don't know why I think that's likely, but the game looks very appealing because of its graphics and in Japan its first-week sales were comparable to Apollo Justice, which I think is the best-selling Ace Attorney in the west too. I'm thinking the sales might actually surprise us, if they end up promoting the game around its launch, more than they currently have.
Page 2 of 2 [ 70 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)