Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 2 of 2[ 63 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Marketing of Dual Destinies outside JapanTopic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

BonnyMono wrote:
fourtrass wrote:
So, um... going back to the e-Shop (sorry, I know I'm changing the subject) they have updated the page with the price and release date, but you still have to search Dual Destinies in order to find it.

Nintendo should advertise it on Nintendo direct (Whenever it's being held.) If not, then we're screwed.

I'm sure that's going to happen. Actually, considering most Nintendo Directs happen early in the month, it should happen somewhat soon, like in the next two weeks.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Tomorrow is a Nintendo Direct.

http://press-start.com.au/2013/09/30/ni ... -tomorrow/

7:00 PDT
16:00 CEST

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Good stuff, now let's all cross fingers we'll get that awesome 31/5 Dual Destinies trailer in english! Either way I just hope they're gonna promote Dual Destinies (why wouldn't they?! They need their E-Shop to do better!)
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

In the past they advertised even more niche eShop games, e.g. Code of Princess, so I am optimistic Nintendo will show AA:DD in at least some form.

Ultimate Survivor

Yeah, there's no way it won't be featured. Ooh, I'm excited... :maya:
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

I'm trying to expect the worst, just because... I really hate being dissapointed :P

I fully expect Dual Destinies to be mentioned, although it probably won't be given it's own category. I've never seen a third-party game given a special "spotlight" like what happens in the Japan version all the time. I don't think we'll get a trailer, personally, I think it will show up in a reel with a whole other bunch of 3rd party games.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

You know, it would be amazing if they translated the Nintendo Direct trailer.
I just really want to hear Sam Reigel's and Orion Acaba's voice acting.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

BonnyMono wrote:
You know, it would be amazing if they translated the Nintendo Direct trailer.
I just really want to hear Sam Reigel's and Orion Acaba's voice acting.

I doubt they will, but on the off chance they did that would be amazing.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

linkenski wrote:
Good stuff, now let's all cross fingers we'll get that awesome 31/5 Dual Destinies trailer in english! Either way I just hope they're gonna promote Dual Destinies (why wouldn't they?! They need their E-Shop to do better!)

HELL YEA! Image I really want to hear Acaba shout "I'm fine!" If not, then I'll just wait until the release.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

aplab23207 wrote:
linkenski wrote:

HELL YEA! Image I really want to hear Acaba shout "I'm fine!" If not, then I'll just wait until the release.

As exciting as it would be to hear Phoenix's, Athena's, Simon's, and Apollo's voices in action, there's no question that for me the MOST exciting would be that little clip of Edgeworth at the end. WE'D FINALLY KNOW WHAT HIS VOICE SOUNDS LIKE! WE'D KNOW IF HE'S BRITISH OR NOT!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

ADA McCoy wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:
linkenski wrote:

As exciting as it would be to hear Phoenix's, Athena's, Simon's, and Apollo's voices in action, there's no question that for me the MOST exciting would be that little clip of Edgeworth at the end. WE'D FINALLY KNOW WHAT HIS VOICE SOUNDS LIKE! WE'D KNOW IF HE'S BRITISH OR NOT!

Doesn't Athena speak in a slight British accent? She DID study in Europe (America in the Japanese version). And I wonder what Apollo's voice will be like. And I hope Edgeworth will be voiced by Liam O'Brien!
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

aplab23207 wrote:
Doesn't Athena speak in a slight British accent? She DID study in Europe (America in the Japanese version). And I wonder what Apollo's voice will be like. And I hope Edgeworth will be voiced by Liam O'Brien!

I don't remember hearing any British in her voice in her "Hold It!", but I guess it's possible. I don't know a lot of voice actor's names; what did Liam O'Brien do recently?

More importantly it would show off Blackquill's voice actor. He doesn't speak in any cutscene in the game, so all we're gonna hear is his Objection and "Shut it!" sound.

Ultimate Survivor

ADA McCoy wrote:
aplab23207 wrote:

I don't remember hearing any British in her voice in her "Hold It!", but I guess it's possible. I don't know a lot of voice actor's names; what did Liam O'Brien do recently?

Off the top of my head: Liam O'Brien voices Dio in Virtue's Last Reward and Akihiko in Persona 3, if you're familiar with those games. I'm pretty sure he does a lot of anime too.

Art Person

I'd really hope DD's shown. (That nintendo direct is at midnight for me, I'm not sure if that's tonight or tomorrow midnight though!?)

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

emimprov wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

Off the top of my head: Liam O'Brien voices Dio in Virtue's Last Reward and Akihiko in Persona 3, if you're familiar with those games. I'm pretty sure he does a lot of anime too.

And he hosted All Work No Play with Sam Riegel.

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

My gosh, we'll be finding out within twenty minutes whether or not they have put out something for us and what it is Whhhoop :edgeworth:
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Wow right now they're actually focusing on 3rd party titles, with footage and everything. There's a chance Dual Destinies will be here too!

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Someone start a new thread now! English demo confirmed for today!
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Ultimate Survivor

This isn't "marketing" per se, but I wonder when we're going to start seeing official reviews of Dual Destinies. Since we're a little more than two weeks out from the release date, I imagine they'll be cropping up soon...

It could be considering that the major sites recieved exclusive builds of the game not too long ago for previews, but otherwise this might be one of those where they are restricted to post their reviews only from launch date and onwards.
For this franchise I don't really care too much about reviews. Most Ace Attorney games get 7-8/10 and since most gaming publication sites value gameplay and presentation over story I take reviews with a grain of salt. On Gamespot one of the pros of AAI was "Great Story" and I can't talk for everyone but I sure don't agree with that, but it actually made me try the game.

I also played Bioshock Infinite becase all sites and everyone around me kept saying I should play it, so I hyped it up and all but I didn't really see what it was in there that people were so stunned by. It was a great concept with flawed execution but all the gaming sites said it was "Revolutionary" and "perfection" and all sorts of exaggerations. That game was the final nail in the coffin for me. I don't listen to reviews anymore when it comes to judging whether a game has a good story because the people rating it, are on a deadline and can't always go into extensive analysis of the story to, maybe realise it's not as good as they thought.

Ultimate Survivor

linkenski wrote:
It could be considering that the major sites recieved exclusive builds of the game not too long ago for previews, but otherwise this might be one of those where they are restricted to post their reviews only from launch date and onwards.
For this franchise I don't really care too much about reviews. Most Ace Attorney games get 7-8/10 and since most gaming publication sites value gameplay and presentation over story I take reviews with a grain of salt. On Gamespot one of the pros of AAI was "Great Story" and I can't talk for everyone but I sure don't agree with that, but it actually made me try the game.

I also played Bioshock Infinite becase all sites and everyone around me kept saying I should play it, so I hyped it up and all but I didn't really see what it was in there that people were so stunned by. It was a great concept with flawed execution but all the gaming sites said it was "Revolutionary" and "perfection" and all sorts of exaggerations. That game was the final nail in the coffin for me. I don't listen to reviews anymore when it comes to judging whether a game has a good story because the people rating it, are on a deadline and can't always go into extensive analysis of the story to, maybe realise it's not as good as they thought.

I mean, I'm personally going to get Dual Destinies no matter what, but I still like to look at reviews and compare them to my own opinions once I've completed the game (though I agree that these official reviews should generally be taken with a grain of salt). And hopefully positive reviews will do something for sales by enticing people who weren't initially interested or who hadn't heard of the game before.

Famitsu gave the game really good scores from what I remember, but yeah, I've never seen an official English review of an AA game that was above 8.5 or so.
Page 2 of 2 [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)