Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 3 of 4[ 150 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: The Dual Destinies Progress Charter! (Tagged Spoilers)Topic%20Title

Wotter boy

Pierre wrote:
Regarding the cameos of Klavier and Pearl...I thought Klavier's worked well enough and I was glad to see him again. He's always been a nice guy and a standup prosecutor in the pursuit of truth so it was nice to get a break with someone so level-headed in the 'dark age of the law' especially in the case he appears in where that theme is so heavy. As for Pearl...well...she was just there for the poster I gotta admit, she didn't really bring much to the table at all. Also it's REAL weird how Athena is on 'nickname' terms with Pearly since I doubt they've met before

I too, feel like Klavier was used well.
Spoiler: Case 5/DLC
Pearl DID felt short in screen time.. But at least she got to share the investigating spotlight with Trucy in case 5.
Oh, and Athena and Pearl DO meet. ...In the DLC.

Did anyone feel like that they used a lot of "..."s in the game?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

^ Everyone knows Blackquill is a fan of Detective Badd.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I completed case 3, and am starting case 4.

Spoiler: Case 3
The twists with Robin and Hugh I never would have guessed, except maybe the whole thing with Hugh being a genius. I kinda twigged on that one.
I pretty much knew it was Means right from the start. *gives self pat on the back* I think it was because of his opposing views to Courte, and the fact he tried to be Juniper's lawyer, and how he seemed to only be in the background for a while. That being said the focus on Hugh did throw me a couple of times.

Again, I noticed some hints at homages to cases from past games. The bit with the murder being like the script seemed like in Turnabout Serenade with the Guitar's Serenade, and the part with the rope pulley reminded me of Turnabout Ablaze.

Despite realizing Means' guilt, I did find certain parts of this case really difficult. Mostly it was because I'd realized the contradiction but was unsure of which testimony to present it on.

I didn't like how they ignored Klavier's accent completely.

I found the trio of friends, and now with Myriam perhaps joining, really moving. Juniper's nervousness kind of reminds me of myself. I'm finding Athena's character more engaging now too.

Despite my really liking Apollo and Athena now, I'm also really starting to miss Phoenix. :larry:

The Twisted Samurai

Spoiler: Finished Case 3
Holy shit, so much to say.
1. I can't read "The result justifies the means" anymore....
2. It was sooo obvious who was the culprit, I mean, COME ON!
3. I had to laugh really hard when I read that MGS-reference. "I wonder what's in that cardboardbox? I do not hope SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKES!" or something along those lines.
5. I really liked the friendship-stuff between Hughe, Robin and Junie.
6. Blackquill was able to earn even more sympathy-points for me, when he psyched Athena up at the and.
7. THAT double deskslam when crossexamining Hughe, loved that. Pressed that statement 5 times, just for that.
8. I really liked the way, prosecutor Gavin acted, though, it seemed strange, that seriously no one noticed the resemblence to Junie's costume and Lamiroir, guess Apollo thought it, but Gavin could've brought that up some time.
9. Means's transformation was really cool and felt like something really fresh, dunno why, but I really enjoyed it, though we already hat a transformation, AAI case 5, forgot his name, though.

Also just finished Case 4 - trial day 1.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
Re: The Dual Destinies Progress Charter!Topic%20Title

1000% Knight

Okay, I took out "Tagged Spoilers" from the title because tagged spoilers are allowed everywhere, so having that in the thread title is redundant, and it seems it confused a few people into thinking that this is actually a "spoiler" thread.

Just a friendly reminder to keep your spoilers tagged in this thread! :basil:
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Godot's the Man

Am I the only one that LOVED Case 2? Just finished it and, wow, one twist after another. I do sympathies with those that thought it was overly complicated though, it does get a little complex at times. Ultimately though, one of the main reasons I play the series is for the mysteries and twists, and boy did this case deliver.
one thing that bothered me though was...
Spoiler: Vague Case 2 spoilers
Barely anything that happens in the first day of the trial has anything to do with what actually transpired. I mean, think back to previous AA games, the first trial usually consists of an innocent witness describing what they saw, you find some holes in their testimony that doesn't make sense, and the proceedings close for the day. In day 2 of the trial, you usually figure out how those contradictions fit into the big story. Usually its the witness just reporting what they saw, but it turned out to be wrong due to special circumstances. Think about it 1-4 Lotta with the gunshots, 2-3 with the Moe witnessing floating magician, 3-3 with Victor Kudo thinking he witnessed the crime, 4-3 with Lamior witnessing the crime through a different window than we thought, etc. In all these cases, the witness was telling the truth, but well due to special circumstances witch come to light in Day 2 of the trial, their testimonies dont line up with the facts.
In this case, the first trial was all lies from Filtch. I mean, he never really witnessed the Tenma Taro, because HE WAS the Tenma. (Additionally, he didnt even watch the whole wrestling match, so coudn't he just said he stopped watching, and then was watching the hall, maybe he's just not too bright) I thought the Tenma Taro appearing was going to be relevant to the case, but in the end it was just Filtch trying to steal a treasure. Wow. What a let down. Usually some of the accusations presented in the first day turn out to be true, not in this case. The think with the air vent (which i guess turned out to be a good red hearing), Tenma Tarro, etc all turned out to have barely any weight on the case.

Anybody else see what I'm saying? Sorry if I had a difficult time exactly articulating my problem with the case.

Last edited by GyakutenGodot on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wotter boy

Nah, I liked case 2 too. It just dragged on imo.
I'm finished, and now eagerly awaiting the DLC

All shall bow before the mighty Godog!!!

Just finished the game and I loved it!
It had everything everyone could want from all the previous games, and then added on to it!
:edgey:

Gettin' Old!

jjaystar wrote:
It had everything everyone could want from all the previous games, and then added on to it!

Congrats! Wasn't the ending the SADDEST THING EVER?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

YES IT WAS :larry:

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Pierre wrote:
jjaystar wrote:

Congrats! Wasn't the ending the SADDEST THING EVER?

I personally think the bad endings were sadder.
Spoiler:
The one when Apollo stopped smiling, Athena left the office, Simon got executed and Phoenix turned his badge in.

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

wait what??? :beef: I actually never got a bad ending for this game... and I never tried to for this very reason...I was scared of how sad they would be....
Yep, my fears were justified... that was most definitely sadder than the ending...

Zoinks

About case 3..

Spoiler: Case 3 M A J O R spoilers
I guess the true culprit was pretty predictable from the get-go, but did you guys not get thrown off by the motive? I mean, there was the whole opposing viewpoints thing, but in the final hour or so this stuff about bribes just popped outta nowhere. It just felt a bit cheap to me, considering the whole game was pretty much revolving around "the dark age of the law" and the motive had nothing to do with that theme.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Yellow Magician wrote:
About case 3..

I guess the true culprit was pretty predictable from the get-go, but did you guys not get thrown off by the motive? I mean, there was the whole opposing viewpoints thing, but in the final hour or so this stuff about bribes just popped outta nowhere. It just felt a bit cheap to me, considering the whole game was pretty much revolving around "the dark age of the law" and the motive had nothing to do with that theme.

Spoiler: Case 3 motive and theme
So, you're telling me that bribing your law teacher, is not something related to the dark age of the law? Please, by all means, explain how you fail to see the correlation.

Or just read the post of the much nicer chap underneath me, with 100% less sarcasm.

Last edited by Tiagofvarela on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

Yellow Magician wrote:
About case 3..

Spoiler: An answer
Well "the Dark Age of the Law" was about corruption mostly. Fake evidence, fake charges, false verdicts. It might not be literally about forging stuff but it's certainly about corruption in law officials.

I'd really like to see Means in Court defending by the way...I wonder if he'd go Spartan for it.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Zoinks

Tiagofvarela wrote:
So, you're telling me that bribing your law teacher, is not something related to the dark age of the law? Please, by all means, explain how you fail to see the correlation.

Or just read the post of the much nicer chap underneath me, with 100% less sarcasm.

Spoiler: Continuing M A J O R Spoilers
No, it's not, because a law teacher =/= lawyer (no offense to teachers, of course), and accepting bribes for high grades has nothing to do with forging evidence or bad verdicts.

I could dig the whole corruption angle if it wasn't the dark age of the law being stressed.

Gettin' Old!

Yellow Magician wrote:
Tiagofvarela wrote:

No, it's not, because a law teacher =/= lawyer (no offense to teachers, of course), and accepting bribes for high grades has nothing to do with forging evidence or bad verdicts.

I could dig the whole corruption angle if it wasn't the dark age of the law being stressed.

Yeah but "Dark Age of the Law" is just a title, a catchy phrase to assign to it. Probably made popular by in-universe tabloids or something, the actual issue is just corruption in legal areas.

Spoiler: Case 3-3
Also don't forget, Aristotle Means is a fully qualified defence attorney as well. So in this case Law teacher = Laywer. It works the other way as well as he brought in Lawyers and Prosecutors to give seminars.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yellow Magician wrote:
Tiagofvarela wrote:

Spoiler: Case 3 Means
Ah, right, although he does forge evidence, you say there is no connection to the fact that he also accepts bribes. I guess I can see your point, if it's the Dark age of the Law, then accepting bribes for grades doesn't really have much to do with it. :apollo:
Then again... :think-think-think: since it's in a law school, and he's a lawyer, I once again say, how can you see no connection? :eh?: Law schools are an integral part of the law system, if the schools are corrupted, how do you think the lawyers comming from there will be?

Zoinks

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Then again... :think-think-think: since it's in a law school, and he's a lawyer, I once again say, how can you see no connection? :eh?: Law schools are an integral part of the law system, if the schools are corrupted, how do you think the lawyers comming from there will be?

Spoiler: Clicking this will cause your PC to self-destruct also case 3 major spoilers
It doesn't really work that way because the bribes were meant to be a secret, so students graduating from the academy wouldn't know about them.

Also, at no point did Means or anyone else preach that accepting bribes was a-okay - simply that sometimes desperate, unsavoury measures might have to be taken for the greater good. Accepting bribes has nothing to do with the greater good.

Yellow Magician wrote:
Tiagofvarela wrote:

Spoiler: Clicking this will cause your PC to self-destruct also case 3 major spoilers
It doesn't really work that way because the bribes were meant to be a secret, so students graduating from the academy wouldn't know about them.

Spoiler: Case 3 spoilers - Themis Legal Academy
His students knowing or not that he was accepting bribes is not my point, it's the moral of the teacher.
If you are taught by someone who believes "The ends justify the means" (which you can easily turn into: "The grades justifies the money") you are bound to become corrupt yourself aren't you?

If you were 1 year old and ever since that age you were taught in a certain way, for as ridiculous and outrageous it may have been, that's how you are going to act and teach your children, that's what different cultures are. Now imagine two countries, one where every parent is corrupt, and one where every parent is as just as Bobby. Now, even if the former don't outright tell their children 'forge stuff' and 'bribe stuff', they are bound to become corrupt themselves because that's how everyone is, and the only way to 'survive' (I use that in a vague sence) is to be corrupt as well.

Back to Themis, accepting bribery obviously means you are corrupt, if you are corrupt anyone you interact with, even if they themselves aren't corrupt, should they have no reason to believe that corruption is not the way to go, they'll adopt the teachers methods, because:
1. That's how they were taught;
2. It's easier;
3. It's (shamefully) effective.

Now, imagine a teacher like Courte, do you think her students will become corrupt? I'd say they wouldn't because:
1. That's not how they were taught;
2. They were properly informed of the consequencies of doing it as well as reasons not to do it, because it would hide the truth;
3. 'It's not the right thing to do'
I believe Bribery is all in all conected to the Dark Age of the Law, especialy in a Law teaching establishment.

jjaystar wrote:
wait what??? :beef: I actually never got a bad ending for this game... and I never tried to for this very reason...I was scared of how sad they would be....
Yep, my fears were justified... that was most definitely sadder than the ending...

There's a video about it.
Spoiler: Ending

"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

BonnyMono wrote:
jjaystar wrote:

M-my heart..... :larry:

The Twisted Samurai

Spoiler: Case 4
Good filler case, other than that, meh.

Spoiler: Case 5
Best case in the history of GS, in my opinion. Even beats Bridge To The Turnabout for me. I think, Blackquill took the spot as my favorite GS-Char.

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

Spoiler: Case 5
Best case in the history of GS, in my opinion. Even beats Bridge To The Turnabout for me. I think, Blackquill took the spot as my favorite GS-Char.

I totally agree with you there.

Spoiler:
Blackquill is the most honourable characters in this game or any of the games for that matter, and he was a deeply caring person. I read on another thread that the streaks down his face are made from the tears he cried for the loss of his mentor, Metis.

jjaystar wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:
jjaystar wrote:

M-my heart..... :larry:

My heart broke right when he presented the Attorney's badge. "It's not valid evidence Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! :larry:"

The Twisted Samurai

BonnyMono wrote:
My heart broke right when he presented the Attorney's badge. "It's not valid evidence Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! :larry:"

Robin seemed to have a big impact on you, huh?

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:

NOT TRUE, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
No, seriously, Robin may very well be the best character in the series.

The Twisted Samurai

BonnyMono wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:

NOT TRUE, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
No, seriously, Robin may very well be the best character in the series.

Not in my book... I was rather annoyed when she did that "anime-like" pose, with her finger and spelling the final word of her sentence out.
The first time it seemed somewhat cute, but later on it just annoyed me.

Gettin' Old!

Likewise

I was annoyed at how overly feminine she was but then it balanced out when I realised she still had all the awesome masculinity of before.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

My brother sat with me through Case three and
Spoiler:
As it was getting closer to the truth about Robin's identity my brother and I were so certain she was gay, and we felt soooo bad for her to have her sexuality outed like that, so when you were given the option to say she was a girl (the only option that made sense) I was just like WHAAAAAAAT NO WAY MAAAAAAAN like everyone else! I was really glad that she found it relieving to have her secret out though. I like Robin, just not that damn creaking from her brace.
But does someone care to explain to me how that brace=manliness? She could have just bound her chest...but that brace was for whatever reason the epitome of manliness...

Gettin' Old!

jjaystar wrote:
Spoiler:
As it was getting closer to the truth about Robin's identity my brother and I were so certain she was gay, and we felt soooo bad for her to have her sexuality outed like that, so when you were given the option to say she was a girl (the only option that made sense) I was just like WHAAAAAAAT NO WAY MAAAAAAAN like everyone else! I was really glad that she found it relieving to have her secret out though. I like Robin, just not that damn creaking from her brace.
But does someone care to explain to me how that brace=manliness? She could have just bound her chest...but that brace was for whatever reason the epitome of manliness...

Robin wears the training brace so he's always straining his muscles I think.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Also,
Spoiler:
In terms of Robin's extreme femininity, I didn't mind it at all. I mean, she had all this girliness all pent up and all she wanted to do was let it out, but at the same time, that masculinity was a big part of who she became, so seeing both sides switching back and forth in an almost split personality kind of way didn't bother me too much. Suppression of emotions does make them more intense, after all!

Pierre wrote:

Robin wears the training brace so he's always straining his muscles I think.

Ohh that makes sense then!

Godot's the Man

jjaystar wrote:
Spoiler:

Wow, just got up to this twist and, just wow, did not see that coming. I loved how they built up to it slowly. My mind was racing as it was built up to, and I figured it out like a minute or so before it was revealed. I love these classic Ace Attorney twists, they're so well written into the plot. Forgot how much I missed them these last 4 years, without any new Ace Attorney games.

This game just keeps getting better and better...

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Before I chart my progress, I just want to say that, being as technology-oriented as I am (I'm a Computer Science major) I totally LOVE Athena's analytical psychology devices. It makes me yearn for my own little Widget buddy. I hope things like that are invented by the late 2020s in real life. Anyway...

INFO UPDATE
My Progrimeter reads: Entire game complete! Anxiously awaiting DLC cases.
My Awesometer reads: ...Holy crap, it's an Awesome Overload! My meter's overflowing while trying to read the awesomeness of the game so far! I didn't see a case I disliked at all. 5-2 was my least favorite, but still a good case. I'd go so far as to say this ties for the best game in the series with T&T. From there, the original Ace Attorney is close behind, followed somewhat closely by Apollo Justice, with Justice For All somewhat distantly behind, but still a good game. I haven't found the motivation to complete Investigations and obviously I do not have access to Investigations 2, so I can't comment on those.

Anyway, onto the case reviews! (I'll probably have to play through them again to see if I missed anything.)
Spoiler: Case 1 - The True Killer
Twistiness level: Unbraided String.
Saw it coming from the moment the case started, but then again, such is the way for an intro case.

INFO UPDATE on this matter. See Case 4 spoilers.

Interlude: the soundtrack to this game is freaking amazing and all the music fits the moods of the situations when the songs are played. It's definitely the most memorable soundtrack of the series if you don't count the nostalgia-glasses effect of the first game.
Spoiler: Case 2 - The Killer
Twistiness level: Coaxial Cable.
Once again, they felt the need to expose the killer in the opening cinematic. Oh well, finding out motivations and how he hid the crime were still interesting.

Spoiler: Case 2 - Nine-tails' Identity
Twistiness level: Masterfully-braided pony-tail.
Never would've suspected Damian as being the true Nine-Tails and the white hair in the mask belonging to L'Belle... his TRUE HAIR COLOR! Thanks for giving us the very thing we needed to prove your involvement, jerk! The AA series is not short on stupid/too-cocky villains though, so I'm not too surprised.

Spoiler: Case 3 - Character Secret 1
Twistiness level: Nylon Rope.
Robin turning out to be a female genuinely surprised me. I didn't see it coming until about a minute before it was revealed. I had my ideas when (s)he began talking about wearing the pretty costume and not being as "pretty" as Juniper, so it was a great build-up. It's nice to see a game tackling an issue like this, though I guess it's not really "tackling" it so much as including it. They don't really discuss it all too much. It's almost like they go, "Oh, he's a she? That's nice. Moving on." Though I can only hope we someday live in a society where people can be themselves and nobody pays much mind to it.

Spoiler: Case 3 - Character Secret 2
Twistiness level: Roller-coaster corkscrew.
Hugh actually being 25? "Taking a 7-year break?" Color me shocked! I mean, I knew the "pretentious bastard" wasn't really a genius and it seemed like just an act, but in the end he proved to be a genuinely nice guy who really cares about his friends. Congratulations, Mr. O'Connor, you managed to totally change my view of you for the much better. Maybe you are a genius in some respect after all?

Spoiler: Case 3 - Killer's Identity, Nature of the Crime
Twistiness level: I can't keep this up...
I figured it was probably Means from the moment they kept commenting on his creepy smile. Figuring out his MO was interesting to work through, though. Who knew the "You're a goner!" tape would turn out to be a much more significant part of the case? I also figured the crime following the script was too convenient to be true. I mean, remember 4-3? Yeah.

Spoiler: Case 4 - Case Result
Twistiness level: Pretzel
Wow, I believe this is the first case in the series where the true culprit wasn't actually found. Also, WHAAAAT? Athena's prints on the lighter? Something's rotten in the state of Ace Attorney.

Spoiler: Case 4 - Events of the Crime
Twistiness level: Oooh look at the spinny launch pads!
So the launch pads were switched, huh? Very clever move... Also, spin! Spin! SPIIIIIIIIINNNNNN! Mr. Cosmos must've bought the first generation of Galactic Segway. I keep telling people to wait until the bugs are worked out...

Spoiler: Case 4 - Connection to Previous Case
Twistiness level: Black hole! I'M BEING SUCKED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIN--never mind.
Another first for the series! I never would have even thought we'd see Mr. Tonate again. Didn't see it coming at all that he was actually falsely convicted of the bombing, but eh... he did confess to wanting to sell the bomb AND admitted to being responsible for Arme's death, so he's still a villain.

Hm... That makes me think. Consider if we had time traveling powers and had had the information from case 1. (The series is known for jumping around the timeline. It would be interesting to play the games in case-chronological order. I might do that some day.) I'm sure most of us realized that this was the trial which was cut short by the bombing. So, do you think we could've saved Detective Arme if given the chance? Perhaps not.

Spoiler: Case 5 - ...just... Case 5, man!
Twistiness level: Error: Stack Overflow
That was just... a whirlwind trial. Pearl came back, Edgeworth came back, our lovable detective turned out to be a total imposter, Apollo couldn't trust Athena until we proved it absolutely couldn't be her, at which point his trust in her was made even stronger... Geez, this entire case was one giant entangled mess of plot twist after plot twist. They kept me guessing the whole way! It's just a shame that these last two cases seemed shorter than the rest of them. Ah well, that just made it seem like they were even more densely packed with amazing story points.

Oh, and the return of black Psyche-Locks! AJ made them seem like they couldn't be broken because they were so heavily-guarded that there was no way for the secret holder to give the information up. Man oh man, this makes me think back to previous games and wonder just how many sets of "black Psyche-Locks" we ended up breaking. Those devious black Psyche-Locks are the representation of the blocks put in place by our brain and "heart" to seal away our unconsciously-repressed memories. Fascinating! This is why I love psychology so much.

I love how these games always emphasize "turning the case upside down" and thinking about it from different perspectives. Anyway, I'll keep this updated as I continue to replay and ponder about this game.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Gettin' Old!

So working on DLC Case now.

I just met Marlon Rimes
I think I hate Marlon Rimes with ever fibre of my being.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Expert bluffer

Pierre wrote:
So working on DLC Case now.

I just met Marlon Rimes
I think I hate Marlon Rimes with ever fibre of my being.

Although I won't be getting the DLC case until the 27th, I have seen Rimes both loved and hated...
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

Zoinks

Bit late to reply here (sorry!) but:

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Spoiler: Case 3 spoilers - Themis Legal Academy
His students knowing or not that he was accepting bribes is not my point, it's the moral of the teacher.
If you are taught by someone who believes "The ends justify the means" (which you can easily turn into: "The grades justifies the money") you are bound to become corrupt yourself aren't you?

If you were 1 year old and ever since that age you were taught in a certain way, for as ridiculous and outrageous it may have been, that's how you are going to act and teach your children, that's what different cultures are. Now imagine two countries, one where every parent is corrupt, and one where every parent is as just as Bobby. Now, even if the former don't outright tell their children 'forge stuff' and 'bribe stuff', they are bound to become corrupt themselves because that's how everyone is, and the only way to 'survive' (I use that in a vague sence) is to be corrupt as well.

Back to Themis, accepting bribery obviously means you are corrupt, if you are corrupt anyone you interact with, even if they themselves aren't corrupt, should they have no reason to believe that corruption is not the way to go, they'll adopt the teachers methods, because:
1. That's how they were taught;
2. It's easier;
3. It's (shamefully) effective.

Now, imagine a teacher like Courte, do you think her students will become corrupt? I'd say they wouldn't because:
1. That's not how they were taught;
2. They were properly informed of the consequencies of doing it as well as reasons not to do it, because it would hide the truth;
3. 'It's not the right thing to do'
I believe Bribery is all in all conected to the Dark Age of the Law, especialy in a Law teaching establishment.

Spoiler: Case 3 Major Spoilers
I can see where you're going with regards to general corruption at the 'foundation' of law (the academy) and The Dark Age of The Law - however, I definitely think there might have been more merit in connecting the motive to the prevailing theme directly related to what was going on in the rest of the game (the justice system itself going haywire), as opposed to just "yeah corruption exists in law schools. these are dark times we live in". YMMV, and that's fair enough.

I'm playing the DLC and am liking it so far. I can't bring myself to hate Marlon Rimes - he's such a leftfield character I'm more...surprised than anything else.

Also:

Spoiler: Major Game-wide spoilers. Do not click unless you've finished episodes 1 to 5, or else you will cry.
It's really weird seeing Fulbright and Blackquill as their 'usual' selves. Especially Fulbright. He's just so damn authentic.

Sleeping is my life.

So, um, I just started out on the game. I'm currently on the first case at this moment.

Gettin' Old!

BlueAttorney4ever wrote:
So, um, I just started out on the game. I'm currently on the first case at this moment.

XD Best hurry on that, most of the site is up in discussion on spoilers basically stay clear of all tabs and discussions until then unless you don't mind spoilers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 3 of 4 [ 150 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)