Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 4[ 150 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The Dual Destinies Progress Charter!Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

A place for folks to post their updates on progress through the latest game!

Since I imagine many of us will be starting of at roughly the same time it's just a place to put down your immediate thoughts on whatever happened in the game where you are at.

Just in case you are worried about diving into those 'case X discussion' topics and being spoiled about the later details of a case you are halfway through you can post safely here for discussion of a specific point in a case.

Just please, tag it safely and clearly so that we don't ruin anyone's day.

Spoiler: I just beat the first case! Entire Case 1 Spoilers
It was pretty awesome, I had no idea that things would escalate so intensely to the point a murderer would be so bold as to try and bring the entire courtroom down again and I actually laughed aloud at Gaspen Payne's flight from the courtroom. If we do get a GS6 I'm hoping they make that a running joke. Some of the humour throughout is pretty awesome as well, still intentionally getting some things wrong just to see the Court's response to them. Only thing that infuriated me was screwing up on the marks made by the cart. I kept tagging the skid marks on the floor and missing the bandanna with no clue as to why the marks on the bandanna would be relevant.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The Dual Destinies Progress Charter! (Tagged Spoilers)Topic%20Title

A.K.A. Court or Court-Records.

Just beat case 2 :D
Great so far :DDD
Spoiler: CASE TWO
NINE TAILS VALE

Ultimate Survivor

I've gotten to the point right before Case 2's first trial and I'm really enjoying myself so far. The setups for the cases have been pretty interesting, and I love all of the new characters and animations. More specific comments...

Spoiler: All of Case 1, villain of Case 2
Is Tonate the creepiest witness of all time? That animation where he hunkers down and smiles evilly while holding the "bomb" was...ack. I also loved his breakdown - I was playing the game really late last night and had to cover my mouth because I was laughing so hard.

The logical progression of the murder was a little hard to get my head around sometimes and I think the wording could have been a bit better for some of the contradictions, but I liked the general complexity of case 1. Not the best case 1, but a worthy introduction to the game.

The game is making me laugh a LOT, mostly because of the character animations and stupid puns. I have been laughing at - I think? - unintentionally funny stuff, too, like Phoenix's description of analytical psychology as "a way to solve the problems of the heart" or something silly like that.

I guess I'm a little disappointed that they showed both case 1 and case 2's villains in the opening cinematic, but another member made a point in the other thread that this game parallels the first to some degree, so it made more sense. L'belle DOES kind of give off a Redd White vibe. It doesn't really ruin it for me to know the villain right away, but I do like the sense of mystery before you find out. Oh well.

I have a feeling L'belle's breakdown is going to be awesome.

Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Pierre wrote:

Only thing that infuriated me was screwing up on the marks made by the cart. I kept tagging the skid marks on the floor and missing the bandanna with no clue as to why the marks on the bandanna would be relevant.

Spoiler:
I did the exact same thing. Only reason I got it was because I happened to highlight the bandana by accident.

Gettin' Old!

TheIdioteque wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Only thing that infuriated me was screwing up on the marks made by the cart. I kept tagging the skid marks on the floor and missing the bandanna with no clue as to why the marks on the bandanna would be relevant.

Spoiler:
I did the exact same thing. Only reason I got it was because I happened to highlight the bandana by accident.

Granted once we solved the problem...at least it made sense why we were getting it wrong.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Just beat case 2 and writing here before going to bed. I have a lot of important stuff going down this weekend.

So far it's both better and worse than I expected if that makes any sense.

The writing is much sharper and less monotone than in AAI and the mysteries I've been put through have been excellent, as in BETTER than in Takumi's games. Case 2 really brought some unexpected turnabouts in ways I'd never conceived in other games. I can't tell you enough about how awesome Revisualization is and how well it worked as a story-mechanic at the end of thr cases.

There are some glaring flaws both gameplay- story- and generally writing-wise that bug the shit out of me.

In the end I can see this turning out to be a very memorable Ace Attorney game, but maybe it won't really tip the Takumi games because of certain things attributed to those aspects i mentioned just being a little sub-standard. But it's great and I dig it so far.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I'm taking my time with the cases and taking notes for my fan project in progress; so far, halfway through the day 1 trial of case 2. (Since I've left that thread for so long, it seems like many of my viewers left it as a lost cause. My apologies for the unannounced hiatuses, but thankfully, the thread's been recently revived.)

I don't have much else to say about the story, gameplay, or mystery aspects that I haven't already stated in other threads. However, I can at least compare the scripts and voice acting, and the localization has blown me away on several accounts.

First off, I didn't expect the jokes could become that much funnier than they already were. I was dead wrong as usual. Many of the ones scattered about are worth a smile or two, but others had me in fits. There's a very subtle difference between Japanese and American humor, but it's more easily detectable through direct comparison of lines and dialogue. (Thanks to my project, I'm able to do just that.)

Then, there's the voice acting. As corny or cheesy as some of these lines may sound, I have to give my appraise to the script writers and voice actors. It's more difficult to make lines match in time with the animation than it seems, and the performance has to be done just right, to prevent too hasty or lagging speech patterns. Though I was disappointed with some of Athena and Fulbright's lines when I first heard them, several times later, I quickly became accustomed. They're not too bad after all. I didn't dislike Apollo's voice when I first heard it, but ironically, I'm still not used to Acaba's performances.

Besides, I'm having too much fun dubbing them myself as I play. Yes, my mother did come in to my room and ask why I was talking to myself.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Art Person

I'm up to Case 2, Day 1 Trial
Current Status:
- Florent's Hair hasn't changed colour
- I'm still not used to the character's new voices, and at first couldn't tell Nick's from Apollo's (Apollo's is deeper than Phoenix's which is weird...) Also, Fulbright's voice isn't as over the top with "JUSTICCCEEEEE!!!!" As I had hoped, but Then again, I've only heard the 1 line he says in Case 2.

I'm currently on Case 4, and apart from the TONS of typos scattered throughout the dialogue (seriously, I feel like I notice one every 2 or 3 minutes) I'm extremely impressed so far.

There is, however, one thing I feel I should mention about the end of Case 3, because it really stuck out like a sore thumb.

Spoiler: Major Case 3 spoilers
Was anyone else super disappointed with the lack of an "Announce the Truth" recap thing? Out of all the cases to not have one, they probably chose the worst possible case because there were SO many moving parts, and the logic changed so often that I felt like once the verdict was read, I was sitting with all the pieces to a puzzle and a pretty good idea of the picture on the box, but not 100% sure how to put them all together.

Plus, I was pretty annoyed that I had to go out of my way to prove that the murder had to have taken place on the stage because Means completed the statue, only for it to later be revealed that he never actually finished the statue and therefor COULD have committed the crime in the art room all along. Which I even assumed was the case at first, because it wouldn't be hard to fake a statue that was underneath a sheet!

All that aside, it was a fantastic case, and Means's transformation was pretty amazing. The entire segment after that blackboard came out had some of the best courtroom scenes in the series's history. I just wish they hadn't left it all so confusing. The more I think about it, the more I can talk myself through how exactly Means moved the body, planted all the fake evidence, etc. but it would have been a lot cleaner if the game had bothered to do it for me. It never even brought the awl up again to explain when and how Means faked it.

Gettin' Old!

Fulbright talks for you guys? I can't recall him getting any voiced lines.

Just finished the first day of court on the second case.

Spoiler: Day 1 Trial Case 2
I really like Mayor Tenma's style though I'm not quite sure what to think of Blackquill...was a little disappointed I couldn't perceive. Also I'm not sure I quite buy his powers of suggestion, they seem really interesting at times, like when he attempts to convince Mayor Tenma to confess in his daughter's place. Yet at some points they seem unbelievable like when he suggests Athena leave court for a run and she almost belts it. I do like how Fulbright for all his goofiness is something of a competent detective, keeping an eye on Blackquill appropriately. Also does Blackquill actually carry a sword in his official art or something? I can't imagine they'll allow a weapon to a convict but he keeps striking that pose and something keeps slicing so I'm never really sure as it's always just out of shot.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Art Person

Pierre wrote:
Fulbright talks for you guys? I can't recall him getting any voiced lines.

He talks when they're introducing Blackquill in that cutscene in Case 2.

Also, I've noticed 2 typos so far (Maybe 3, but I can't recall it) In one of Apollo and Trucy's dialogues. Although, I'd like to quote the game: "Was it really just a typo?"
Spoiler: Case 1
Ted Tonate's testimony and it's contradiction seem to be their safety-net :hotti:

迷探偵

Explanation for typos: We're all still in the MASON system!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:

This is why the court should switch to the Jurist System, where the juries are filled with Grammar & Spellcheck Nazis.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Gettin' Old!

Ash wrote:

Gaaah the mindgames!

It's just in early beta so the bugs ain't hashed out yet.

Though they did sort of just shift the jurist system under the rug as far as I can see...I imagine something as monumental as that would have been introduced by now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Having slept on it
Spoiler: case 2 villain
Florent's motive suuuuxxxxx and they actually had to add something to it very contrived-like AFTER the trial.
This is my main gripe with Yamazaki. Usually Takumi almost always gave some extra care to the motive aspect of his criminals but in a lot of the more unimportant cases Yamazaki seems to just brush it off as if mystery and victory is more important than payoff.

A.K.A. Court or Court-Records.

BEAT THE GAME
Thoughts here:
Spoiler: The whole game
I was really upset about the length of DAYS for each case. The cases in and of themselves were great, but I feel like secretly we got stuck spinning our wheels. I wish there would have been more variation in the characters, and that case 4 and 5 didn't blend. BUT
The plot was good, and I did enjoy that. I'm a little sad I beat it so fast, but I think it's just the fact that I've gotten really good at this now.

In Justice We Trust

I wish I had come across this thread sooner. I beat the game last night (yes, I need a life). There's something to be said for playing through the game without spoiling oneself beforehand. While I saw some things coming, there were some moments that legitimately surprised me. I strongly advise against reading spoilers for cases you have yet to solve yourself. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Spoiler: First Case, saw it coming, killer's identity mentioned
Tonate's the killer. The opening cutscene made it pretty clear.

Spoiler: First Case, didn't see it coming, killer's identity not mentioned
It's not revealed right off the bat, so I figured I should keep this a spoiler, just in case. So Juniper's got a crush on Apollo, ah? Something tells me we're going to see a lot of people shipping them before too long...

Spoiler: Second Case, didn't see it coming, crucial evidence overturned
Tenma's the Amazing Nine-Tails, not Kyubi. Capcom did a very good job of making it look as though Kyubi was the Amazing Nine-Tails.

Spoiler: Second Case, saw it coming, killer's identity mentioned
L'Belle's the killer, of course. We saw as much in the opening cutscene. I know it's supposed to be a reference to the first game, but I feel there are better ways to reference the first game than outright telling the player who the killer is.

Spoiler: Third Case, didn't see it coming, characters' secrets revealed
Meek little Juniper's a student at Themis, and Student Council President to boot! Capcom, please make Juniper a judge in AA6. I'm trying to picture her giving out penalties...

Also, I sure didn't expect Robin to secretly be a girl, nor did I expect Hugh to be twenty-five and a cheater (though admittedly, that was his parents' doing).

Spoiler: Third Case, saw it coming, killer's identity mentioned
Means is the killer. I started to suspect as much once he started talking about his methods. They did a decent job of keeping the evidence from pointing to him until the end, but I just didn't buy the idea that Robin or Hugh was the killer.

Spoiler: Fourth Case, didn't see it coming, unexpected suspect revealed
Athena is implicated in Clay's murder at the end. That certainly came out of nowhere. As far as I recall, her presence at the space center is only revealed after her arrest.

Spoiler: Fifth Case, didn't see it coming, killer's identity mentioned
At first, I thought the spy must have been the woman next to Aura in the HAT-1 photo, since I hadn't seen her yet. Nope, she's dead. Then I thought it could be Aura, though her actions made me think there was something wrong with that conclusion, not to mention I liked her, so I really didn't want her to be the spy. Yuri? Well, it seems possible, but why would he sabotage his own project? Phoenix quoted my thoughts verbatim when I finally found the answer. You've got to be kidding me. Detective Fulbright is the spy. Characters changing personalities on the stand isn't exactly rare, but that is one I never would have expected. Nicely done, Capcom. I completely fell for his "In justice we trust" façade. Of course, it helps that I had had since the second case to get used to his fake personality.

I'll always love you, Max.

Surf's Up!

I've finished the first two cases so far, and I am looking forward to starting case three.

There is only one....And thank goodness.

Gotten all the way to Case 4, and I'm a bit confused on something, maybe someone can explain it for me.

Spoiler: Case 4 Trial Day 1 and Case 1 Spoilers, including villain
So, if I am recalling this right, during the first case one of the main reasons behind Juniper being a suspect was because Tonate had apparantly gone to visit Apollo in the courtroom lounge to speak with him about the bomb, because Apollo had asked for information on it before the trial. Therefore, she could have activated the bomb because she was there with Apollo, Tonate, and Detective Arme.

But as we see in the opening to case 4, Tonate never went to the courtroom lounge to speak to Apollo, or tell him about the bomb. Proof is seen as Apollo doesn't have it listed under evidence, we never actually see Tonate until the not-exactly-a-surprise appearance later, and Apollo didn't know the bomb was in the transport case.

In fact, to make it a little bit more confusing, if the bomb was in the transport case, how'd the case survive the explosion and the majority of the courtroom get destroyed? Shouldn't the bomb have devastated the case? Shouldn't Athena and Wright have jumped on both of these issues? (At least Athena, cause she was in the lounge when Tonate supposedly was there) Is there an explanation in game that I gotta wait on?

Shuda51 wrote:
Gotten all the way to Case 4, and I'm a bit confused on something, maybe someone can explain it for me.

Spoiler: Case 4 Trial Day 1 and Case 1 Spoilers, including villain
So, if I am recalling this right, during the first case one of the main reasons behind Juniper being a suspect was because Tonate had apparantly gone to visit Apollo in the courtroom lounge to speak with him about the bomb, because Apollo had asked for information on it before the trial. Therefore, she could have activated the bomb because she was there with Apollo, Tonate, and Detective Arme.

But as we see in the opening to case 4, Tonate never went to the courtroom lounge to speak to Apollo, or tell him about the bomb. Proof is seen as Apollo doesn't have it listed under evidence, we never actually see Tonate until the not-exactly-a-surprise appearance later, and Apollo didn't know the bomb was in the transport case.

In fact, to make it a little bit more confusing, if the bomb was in the transport case, how'd the case survive the explosion and the majority of the courtroom get destroyed? Shouldn't the bomb have devastated the case? Shouldn't Athena and Wright have jumped on both of these issues? (At least Athena, cause she was in the lounge when Tonate supposedly was there) Is there an explanation in game that I gotta wait on?

Spoiler:
He was lying about meeting with Apollo, trying to make himself seem less suspicious. It was he who took out the bomb in the first place, planning to steal it. I dunno why Athena didn't jump on it when he brought it up, but it didn't matter anyway. (As for that switch, someone did indeed steal it while he wasn't looking. This will be explained later.)

Btw, that case is built to withstand shock and blast pressures, which is why it can transport a bomb at all.

Art Person

Current Status:
Case 2, Day 2, Trial (Close to end)
L'Belle's current Hair colour: Green

I've enjoyed it so far, and love Filch's character and animations! But... this seems to be when spelling errors kick in.

Gettin' Old!

Update!

Spoiler: Just Beat Case 2! Spoilers Abound
Man it hit me pretty hard with the Nine-tails True Identity. That part was pretty awesome since I really liked the character of Damian Tenma. His resolve for his daughter and the length's he'd go to protect her were quite touching and it made for a very interesting witness in the form of Tenma Taro. The other characters were alright as well, I did not like how the villain was revealed from the second the case began, that does not sit well with me. Fortunately having seen the intro to the third case it seems to be a bit more ambiguous. Filch was highly entertaining at times the poor guy and I definitely didn't see him tying into the plot as much as he did. Didn't think he'd be in the Forbidden Chamber. Finally I thought the villain breakdown was a little meek, at least compared to Ted Tonate's rather spectacular ending. At one point I had a slight hunch that his perfume might contain a slight sleeping agent (as in one comical scene it knocks out Filch) and he'd used this to his advantage on Jinxie to make her sleepwalking Tenma Taro dreams tie into the case but hey I'm happy with how things turned out. Overall a nice case, though clearly just filler to introduce Blackwell. Needed more Fulbright in the second day trial. :garyuu:

Made by Chesu+Zombee

I didn't like the breakdown in case 2 too much either. They've gone from exaggerated to almost non-sensical at this point. They're kinda like in GK2 IMO though not as freaky. (seriously some of the breakdowns in GK2 are just BIZARRE!!)

Gettin' Old!

linkenski wrote:
I didn't like the breakdown in case 2 too much either. They've gone from exaggerated to almost non-sensical at this point. They're kinda like in GK2 IMO though not as freaky. (seriously some of the breakdowns in GK2 are just BIZARRE!!)

Er...not quite I didn't think the breakdown was extreme enough for Case 2. Thought it was rather tame.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yeah it was tame, but I thought it was because the breakdown was too weird. It's liked in GS1-4 all the breakdowns show the witnesses being in extreme pain or anger but in GK1-GS5 the breakdowns (so far) have been mostly about the witnesses just doing overly weird stuff or exaggerating their gimmick. Tonate is an exeption. He was about to freak out and then broke his jaw by crushing it into the bomb but Florent just overdid his spraying... I don't know I just feel like the breakdowns used to make more sense somehow, before GK and GS5.

Beat case 1, THE GAME IS SO GOOD ;-; I'm enjoying the game so so much, I wish I downloaded it as soon as I got my 3DS on Friday and not waited until today, I'm an idiot.

Just on case 2 at the bit where they're at the crime scene.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Text of Steel!

Having played up until case 3 trial day 1 here's my thoughts so far

Spoiler: First case
I liked it! It was nice seeing Phoenix back in action with his awesome new look and some of the jokes really just made me laugh like the judge bragging about his special mahogany gavel. Missing the track wheel marks on Apollo's bandage made me feel bad that I missed something like that for a few minutes. Ted's breakdown was great and the the twist was neat of the order of events for a first case. It was a nice introduction case and a good way to kick off the game

Spoiler: Second case
I like the mayor. He's a good dude. Filch is pretty great as well. L'Belle is an interesting guy I'll give him that much. And Simon. Man Simon has not disappointed me. I can see him being my favorite prosecutor yet as I keep going with the game. And Taka is also pretty great. Shame I can't perceive in court because of Taka but I get why because they want the Mood Matrix to be the main thing. The grand twist of the case really got me good and I loved the re-visualization segment. Especially when the 3D is up all the way. That is how you do 3D on the 3DS. So fantastic. I also like how elaborate the scheme was. So complicated and ridiculous but I'm a fan of that sort of stuff. I never thought L'Belle was smart enough to pull off a scheme like that. Overall it got pretty ridiculous at times like the mayor pretending to be Tenma Taro but I really enjoyed this case. Easily one of the best 2nd cases of the series

Spoiler: Third case day 1 investigation
Not much I can really say. Fairly short investigation phase but I like how the case is mirroring the mock trial Juniper wrote. Speaking of mock trial that mock trial with Apollo and Klavier was neat to go over the facts of the real murder. I just wished the mock trial was more like a trial with cross examining Athena in character for even a couple of times would have been nice. Just to see some good old Apollo and Klavier face off like the good old days. And it was nice seeing Klavier for his grand 2 minutes of cameo but it makes me that much more mad knowing that's about as long as he's going to appear for the rest of the game. I am a fan of how this case is tackling the dark age of law theme directly. Definitely gives you some food for thought if you imagine actual law schools teaching people to get results no matter what and the consequences of the legal system being reduced to a game of who can win rather than properly serving justice

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of case 3 plays out!

Art Person

Beat case 2 and up to Trail Day 1 in Case 3!

Spoiler: Case 2 thoughts
So, there were some parts that really sucked me in, gameplay-wise, I adored Filch's animations, and L'Belle's character and voice worked really well with his image. His breakdown was hilarious as well, with his phones going off on his suit.
Errors aside, It's an enjoyable case, and its introduction to Bobby and Simon were great! Bobby's air-headed "Which justice is more just" moments are hilarious! And his over-the-top animations are so funny! Athena's personality is over-emotional, I pictured her a little differently, but no complaints.

Things I didn't like are how they force you to investigate only what they want you to, and they remove the "Examine" button randomly. (And it's blatantly obvious as to what to find now too, with the cursor glowing red, I liked useless banter when you select irrelevant, yet examinable objects.) Also, It's odd not moving logically from one spot to those in the nearest vicinity, rather everywhere in the game, but at least it's a little faster.

Spoiler: Case 3 thoughts so far
It's great! NO spelling errors so far, presenting your badge actually gets non-default remarks, and Phoenix's "Strike three, I'm out" and his fifty shades of grey comments were hilarious! I like the personality diversity, and how I'm feeling the intended emotions for the characters, like Hugh being arrogant, and Myriam the game's selfish reporter, lookin' for her scoop! :lotta: .

The introduction scene of Athena arriving outside the school, reminded me so much of Persona, with that anime drawing of students entering a school, and I thought that was funny, but at the same-time, a little out of style for a core AA game.

That mock trial with Klavier was so pointless, I thought you'd play as Apollo, not play an investigation phase with "Talk" as the only option, but it was an interesting way to see how you'd play as judge (in Athena's position)

世界中

I finished the first case, and am currently up to investigating the Kyubi Mansion in Case 2

What was Athena talking about Apollo changing after he put on the jacket though?? I can't wait to play and find out :phoenix:

I'm at the end of case 3 now... CRAP
Spoiler: Hugh
I admit it... I laughed when he broke because of the voice-acting!
it was still kinda touching though. This case definitely has feels but I feel like there should be even more of it.

Gettin' Old!

TheBaronAndEma wrote:
I finished the first case, and am currently up to investigating the Kyubi Mansion in Case 2

What was Athena talking about Apollo changing after he put on the jacket though?? I can't wait to play and find out :phoenix:

Apollo realised he looked amazing and would make a great career as a Street Fighter, s'why he left.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

...aand I beat it.
Spoiler: I'm dissapointed
that basically Means had no motive at all. They didn't even touch on that... This might be one thing to ruin the game if none of the villains have compelling motives.

Edit: I was wrong. I just missed a vital piece of dialogue.

Idol of Polar Bears

I'm about halfway through Case 3, Investigation Day 2.

Spoiler: Case 3
I busted a gut when it was revealed that Robin is actually a girl. Now that 'M' rating makes a lot more sense when you realize what it means in the context of their love triangle.

Pierre wrote:
TheBaronAndEma wrote:

Apollo realised he looked amazing and would make a great career as a Street Fighter, s'why he left.

Spoiler: And he earned himself a great pupil

Gettin' Old!

XD That's an awesome picture, I figure Ken's head is Photoshopped but is that some original artwork of muscley Apollo for the body and suit?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Actually, it's from the concept art designs for Street Fighter 4. I dunno what the artists were thinking, but it was brilliant.

Gettin' Old!

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Actually, it's from the concept art designs for Street Fighter 4. I dunno what the artists were thinking, but it was brilliant.

For real? That's not photoshopped?

You think they were intentionally giving him an Apollo Justice outfit? Same company after all and it's just uncanny.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

For real? That's not photoshopped?

You think they were intentionally giving him an Apollo Justice outfit? Same company after all and it's just uncanny.

Ah, whoops, no it's not. This is where I found it. They're done rather professionally, though.

Running from the angry mob!

Just finished case 2!

Spoiler: case 2 spoilers, well not really but just in case
It seemed to go on forever. I loved most of the characters but I don't know, it just kind of bored me at times. I only got excited again when we went inside Polly's head.

Fulbright was my fave new character there. Blackquill's awesome too.

Some animations were creepy though, L'Belle constantly stroking his flower and Tenma looking like he was cupping someones balls.

Just at the beginning of case 3!
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Gettin' Old!

Working my way through testimony in Case 3 Trial day one.

One thing I find disappointing is how the Mood Matrix doesn't 'cost' anything from the health bar. Means I can guess freely I mean come on....Phoenix gambles with his soul with the Magatama and any time he presents bad evidence. Isn't it time Apollo and Athena got cracked down on for their fumbles wasting the court's time when using their powers?

Edit:

Spoiler: Case 3 Day One Trial
So I conquered it. Entire thing turned into a game of 'I'm Spartacus' in the end which...I guess means that until we can prove one of them is the killer the entire thing is a shambles. I liked the revelation about Newman's sex but I wish she wasn't so ditzy as a girl....I guess Newman is both extremes. I do like how at least they keep the manliness around even when the facáde is up. I also think it's cruel to expose her as a girl and then use this to convict her....seems cruel. Like forcing a Gay man out of the closet on public television. Still things are quite interesting and it's good to finally see some of Athena's failings, like a little self doubt and jumping the gun so early. I'm also less inclined to believe it's always 'her' to the rescue in court as I've seen Apollo do that from the assistant role a fair few times. Guess it's more just the main lawyer passing the idiot ball to the next one rather than Athena outshining everyone.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 1 of 4 [ 150 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)