Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 2[ 52 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bugs and typosTopic%20Title

Programmer

Lets collect any issues with the game.

I found a god to honest bug. In the final case there is a spot where the name tag is replaced with the text "Invalid Message".
Spoiler: case 5, investigation day 2
It's the examination dialog for the desk cleaning robot in the robotics lab.

Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!
Re: Bugs and typosTopic%20Title

迷探偵

It seems several people have trouble with disappearing text lines (see also viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27862)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

It's so strange the game has all of these bugs and typos in it. The series has tended to be very good about that kind of thing usually. I guess it could have been because of the faster release time?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

迷探偵

Maybe. They did remove a bug that was in the Japanese version, so it's a bit of a shame to see other bugs pop up now.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

As far as bugs go, I admit the disappearing lines in the backlog is one of the lesser ones. I've been having that pop up recently, only started about Case 2, Day 2 investigation or so. So I'm glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully, there'll be a patch put out, since it's a downloadable game only.

I'm taking images as I'm going through the game. I'm kinda floored by the amount of typos in this game, but then again, they were trying to get this out overseas as soon as they could. Most of them lack words. Is there a terminology for that, by the way, or are those technically considered typos?

Anyway, here are some images from 5-2 (Monstrous Turnabout). I may be mistaken on some of them. Sorry for the bad quality. iPod Touch is pretty bad.

Spoiler: images galore
Should be "as" instead of "and."

Should be "needlessly depict," though it may be a phrase I don't know.

Should be "do you mind."

The "you" is forgotten again.

Forgot the "the" before "detective."

Forgot the "you" again.

On Apollo's statement, the apostrophe is in the wrong place because they are referring to more than one villager.

Has "your" instead of "you."

Has "going fool us" instead of "going to fool us."

On Athena's line, there should be a comma between before Apollo's name.

Should be "has flown the coop" instead of "flow the coop."

On L'Belle's statement, he says "a hundred times more times!" There's one "times" too many.

Says "identity" instead of "identify."

There are plenty of ways to fix this, but the easiest way is probably to remove the "has."

Apollo's bottom question lacks the question mark.

On Apollo's line, he says "side of river" instead of "side of the river."

Programmer

And the credits have the same issue as with the end photo of AAI: they don't fully fade out the image. They only set the alpha to something like 0.01. That's just barely enough to make out the general shapes of things as they load in the background.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Art Person

I'm surprised that there are so many, and I'd feel bad if they skipped proof-reading for a faster release, It can be a little off-putting.

Spoiler:
I found another one, Case 2 Day 1 Trial:
Quote:
Judge: "Well, let's see if the defense can response before Prosecutor Blackquill draws his sword.

It should be "respond" not "response"

Programmer

I recall spotting that last typo myself. It is probably the only typo I can recall.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Here's a really weird one. It's a spoiler for case 3, so don't open unless you've finished that.

Spoiler: Case 3
So in case 3 Means turns out to have killed Courte with his staff, and it's inside the statue with her until the statue is broken. Thus before the mock trial starts, he doesn't have his staff... in the Japanese version. In the English version, he's holding it even then!

Kudos to hoso_boso for the photo, though a few people on GAF noticed the contradiction themselves.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I wish I WERE the best.

Just to make sure, is there any way to report the bugs directly to Capcom staff? I'm hoping they can patch up that particular aforementioned Case 3 bug and hopefully practically all of the other typos spotted. Maybe I should try Capcom Unity but I'm wondering if there is another way.

And I'm hoping the rest of you reported the bugs to Capcom. They can't really patch the bugs and typos without even knowing what they are anyway.

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Just to make sure, is there any way to report the bugs directly to Capcom staff? I'm hoping they can patch up that particular aforementioned Case 3 bug and hopefully practically all of the other typos spotted. Maybe I should try Capcom Unity but I'm wondering if there is another way.

And I'm hoping the rest of you reported the bugs to Capcom. They can't really patch the bugs and typos without even knowing what they are anyway.

There's a topic about the typos over on Capcom Unity. Not sure about the bugs though.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

I wish I WERE the best.

Should I report the bugs and typos at the Ace Attorney or the Tech Support section?

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Should I report the bugs and typos at the Ace Attorney or the Tech Support section?

Not sure. the topic I saw was in the Ace Attorney section under the Feedback area. It might be good to put it in Tech support as well though. Your call.

I wish I WERE the best.

Alright, created a thread about this in Tech Support. I urge anyone to report the bugs and typos you've found to post it on the thread so Capcom staff will work to patch this. I should probably make the same thread in the Feedback section on Ace Attorney.

Hopefully, they can patch this in a day or three.

Art Person

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Alright, created a thread about this in Tech Support. I urge anyone to report the bugs and typos you've found to post it on the thread so Capcom staff will work to patch this. I should probably make the same thread in the Feedback section on Ace Attorney.

Hopefully, they can patch this in a day or three.

Thanks! I found another and posted it there
Spoiler: Case 2
Trucy: "Doesn't look Daddy's going to make it, so let's get going."
(It should say "Doesn't look like Daddy's...")

QBnoYouko wrote:
Actually, this particular one is correct as it is. There shouldn't be another comma in there at all.

I finished the game earlier today and I only counted about 11 typos (including missing words). I'm shocked to see there's so many more, but I have to add that there was one particular typo that was repeated since it appeared in a flashback a bit later.

Also, regarding the possibility of Capcom patching these typos, has there been a precedent yet of patching a game on a Nintendo platform? I know there's firmware updates, but not game updates as far as I'm aware.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Joe4evr wrote:
QBnoYouko wrote:
Actually, this particular one is correct as it is. There shouldn't be another comma in there at all.

I finished the game earlier today and I only counted about 11 typos (including missing words). I'm shocked to see there's so many more, but I have to add that there was one particular typo that was repeated since it appeared in a flashback a bit later.

Also, regarding the possibility of Capcom patching these typos, has there been a precedent yet of patching a game on a Nintendo platform? I know there's firmware updates, but not game updates as far as I'm aware.

Well Nintendo just released a patch for the saving glitch in Pokemon X and Y. I would imagine they could do a similar thing for DD.

Joe4evr wrote:
QBnoYouko wrote:

Haven't played it, so it could make sense in context, but why would she tell Apollo to remember himself? I don't think he's in any risk of forgetting his existence.
(You might want to google "let's eat grandma". ;)

It doesn't make sense in context. The image itself provides an excerpt of the conversation anyway.

Desert rose, why do you live alone?

There's a point where someone says "then than". I didn't take a picture though.

I had a problem that I don't think any of you had, but I could be wrong.

During perceiving, when I hit the "perceive" button, that stops the text progression, it would not let me go back, it would not let me perceive, it was just stuck, all I could do is move the eye around, I tried shouting gotcha in the mic but it did not help.

This may have been done by hitting the perceive button right as the prompt to either repeat the testimony, or back out, was about to come up. I, unfortunately, had to close the game, and I lost some progress =(

I won't lie, I really wish they fixed all these issues, and hopefully they will soon, if they don't, that is a real slap in the face.

Programmer

Now that's a tight timing issue. You need at best to time it to within a 60th of a second.

I wish I WERE the best.

marco23p wrote:
I had a problem that I don't think any of you had, but I could be wrong.

During perceiving, when I hit the "perceive" button, that stops the text progression, it would not let me go back, it would not let me perceive, it was just stuck, all I could do is move the eye around, I tried shouting gotcha in the mic but it did not help.

This may have been done by hitting the perceive button right as the prompt to either repeat the testimony, or back out, was about to come up. I, unfortunately, had to close the game, and I lost some progress =(

I won't lie, I really wish they fixed all these issues, and hopefully they will soon, if they don't, that is a real slap in the face.

I haven't experienced that issue at all but maybe you should report the issue to Capcom Unity's Tech Support. Remember that wishing Capcom would fix an issue when they didn't know it existed in the first place isn't exactly what you would call productive.

And while we're on the topic, I should have known that people were eventually going to claim that a digital release allowing a faster localization caused more typos and bugs to appear and that none of this would have happened if a retail release occurred instead.

AnsweringNOW wrote:

And while we're on the topic, I should have known that people were eventually going to claim that a digital release allowing a faster localization caused more typos and bugs to appear and that none of this would have happened if a retail release occurred instead.

I don't think these things had anything to do with the digital release (in fact the digital release makes it easier for future copies to come with any possible patches that are released) but I do think it has to do with the fast localization. But that would have still happened even if it had been released physically.

And I'm fine with it, if it means it's easier/cheaper for Capcom to localize future installments, even if there are some typos in the game.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

I FOUND A RIDICULOUS BUG. In Case 5-5 in the last testimony consultation (I was found guilty, not three straight mistakes) and Apollo was my partner, APOLLO WASN'T THERE. The background was there, and Phoenix and Apollo were talking, but there was no model to be seen. This is a pretty big bug if you ask me. (Sorry no pics, it was late and I was feeling the case haha)

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

I had the game crash and force my 3DS to restart when I tried to check the conversation log! It was on the second day of the second trial, after hearing the first testimony but before the cross-examination. I assumed it was some issue with the log not knowing how to deal with testimonies, since they're set aside from the rest of the dialogue, but I made it back to that same point and was able to check it without any problem so I don't know. Maybe it's a random problem with the log in general. Now I'm nervous about checking it for anything ever... which sucks because it's one of the features I was most looking forward to!

As for typos: Judging by how many of the typos are either omitted words or the use of incorrect forms of words that are nonetheless not misspelled, I get the feeling the localization team relied way too heavily on a spellchecker to polish up the script. To be fair, I get the feeling that this has been the case with pretty much every localized Ace Attorney game. It's annoying, but I kind of learned to block it out after Justice For All. The writing is still fun, even with silly problems like these.

D.A. McCoy wrote:
Well Nintendo just released a patch for the saving glitch in Pokemon X and Y. I would imagine they could do a similar thing for DD.

There was also a patch for Mario Kart 7, I think it was to fix some shortcut glitches online or something. It's definitely possible to patch 3DS games, at least for Nintendo. There is, of course, the matter of how cooperative Nintendo would be with a third-party developer trying to release a patch......

FennekinWright wrote:
I had the game crash and force my 3DS to restart when I tried to check the conversation log! It was on the second day of the second trial, after hearing the first testimony but before the cross-examination. I assumed it was some issue with the log not knowing how to deal with testimonies, since they're set aside from the rest of the dialogue, but I made it back to that same point and was able to check it without any problem so I don't know. Maybe it's a random problem with the log in general. Now I'm nervous about checking it for anything ever... which sucks because it's one of the features I was most looking forward to!

As for typos: Judging by how many of the typos are either omitted words or the use of incorrect forms of words that are nonetheless not misspelled, I get the feeling the localization team relied way too heavily on a spellchecker to polish up the script. To be fair, I get the feeling that this has been the case with pretty much every localized Ace Attorney game. It's annoying, but I kind of learned to block it out after Justice For All. The writing is still fun, even with silly problems like these.

D.A. McCoy wrote:

There was also a patch for Mario Kart 7, I think it was to fix some shortcut glitches online or something. It's definitely possible to patch 3DS games, at least for Nintendo. There is, of course, the matter of how cooperative Nintendo would be with a third-party developer trying to release a patch......

It sounds like 90% of the log errors are happening in case 2. I'd at least avoid using it until later cases.

Also, my guess would be Capcom could just release the patch as free "DLC" or something.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

The only bug I've seen so far is a minor one in case 2 with modeling: a missing charm on Fulbright's head for an instant before it flashes in place by the next line.

As much as I replay the case, I don't run into any other bugs. I frequently return to the title screen, as to let the game reset its variable counters. Plus, a little break once in a while - say, 40 - 50 minutes of play at a time - is good for the eyes.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Also caught a small mistake in the log where Apollo says "Silence!" instead of Blackquill.

The miracle finally happen...

Spoiler: Newman, Case 3 : Finale
"And you know what? I think I'll stick with become a prosecutor after all"

Finding typos is so much fun...

The cape is self-fluttering

I did find a few... such as using the past tense of a verb instead of present tense...

An interesting one is in case 5 where

Spoiler:
Edgeworth addresses Pearl as "Pearls."

Hmm...or maybe it isn't a typo and Phoenix is rubbing off on the guy more than we thought? :hobolaugh:

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Spoiler: All the mistakes I found in Case 3
It should be either "one" or "ones," depending on if she was referring to Apollo or both him and Athena.

Needs a "to" in between "have" and "cross-examine."

Question without the question mark.

Same deal. Lacks a question mark.

Days are always cardinal numbers. Odd that this would be a mistake, considering that they're right during scene changes.

Should be "It" rather than "I."

Needs "out" between "just" and "of."

Has an ordinal number again instead of cardinal.

Missing "you" between "all" and "wish."

Man, even Pig Latin? Don't think they end with "ey." Not sure how you mess that up when you did it right for another word in the exact same sentence.

"I meant," not "I'm meant."

Another question without the mark.

"That," not "That's."

What?

The "don'!" should be "don't!"

Another "you" forgotten.

Has "overlooked" instead of "overlook."

There's gotta be a "be" here.

Missing the "the" after "from." I also think it's clearer to have "10-minute" written out instead of the actual time stamp when saying it that way.

The abbreviation of professor is missing the period.

In short, the first "of" should be omitted, shouldn't it?!

21 in total.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

The amount of typos is overwhelming. This is ridiculous. Although I will admit that I didn't notice any of these, because I speed read. :/

My name is Judge.

In playing the game I noticed the typos, but they didn't bother me too much. There were one or two that were obnoxious but I've since forgotten them.

WHAT I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN, HOWEVER.

In the cutscene in Case 5 where Edgeworth drives to the Cosmos Space Center, he pulls up, and gets out of his car, and it says Ohgawara Space Center instead of Cosmos Space Center, FROM MULTIPLE ANGLES. HOW. DO. YOU. MISS. SOMETHING. LIKE. THAT!?

On a less obnoxious but still unfathomably irratating note, the writing on Ponco's bandages is still very much in Japanese, which you could handwave away by saying Metis--in her love of all things Japanese--taught Athena the Japanese language, but still, I highly doubt that is the case.

Percei wrote:
WHAT I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN, HOWEVER.

In the cutscene in Case 5 where Edgeworth drives to the Cosmos Space Center, he pulls up, and gets out of his car, and it says Ohgawara Space Center instead of Cosmos Space Center, FROM MULTIPLE ANGLES. HOW. DO. YOU. MISS. SOMETHING. LIKE. THAT!?
It's just that Capcom of Japan saw zero need to commission BONES to redraw that scene exclusively for the English version.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

My name is Judge.

It's such an obnoxious error though. One that could be forgiven if it was always in the background only noticible to those who pay obnoxious attention, but they focus on the Space Center sign, lingering on it specifically. And in the opening for Case 4 it says Cosmos Space Center, to boot.

Surf's Up!

Bolt Storm wrote:
Here's a really weird one. It's a spoiler for case 3, so don't open unless you've finished that.

Spoiler: Case 3
So in case 3 Means turns out to have killed Courte with his staff, and it's inside the statue with her until the statue is broken. Thus before the mock trial starts, he doesn't have his staff... in the Japanese version. In the English version, he's holding it even then!

Kudos to hoso_boso for the photo, though a few people on GAF noticed the contradiction themselves.

Spoiler:
Maybe in the localised version, he has two staves: One he killed Courte with and a spare. After all, nowhere in the text does it say that he only has the one staff.

Programmer

A problem is that the animation was designed with the rod in his hand, it might look odd without it.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

It looked just fine in the Japanese version.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Page 1 of 2 [ 52 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)