Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 2 of 3[ 92 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Ideas/theories you had about the game that didn't pan ouTopic%20Title

I had 2 pretty crazy theories throughout cases 4 and 5:

Spoiler: Case 4
In my headcanon, Sol Starbuck is old Larry Butz with a new pseudonym. His age kind of matches up too!

Spoiler: Case 5 and 4-4
When it was revealed that Athena stabbed the phantom's hand, I immediatly thought of Kristoph's scar. I thought he would somehow turn out to be the phantom, that his black psyche locks would come into play and that he was the one man who singlehandedly gave birth to the dark age of the law.

Gettin' Old!

Gourry wrote:
I had 2 pretty crazy theories throughout cases 4 and 5:

In my headcanon, Sol Starbuck is old Larry Butz with a new pseudonym. His age kind of matches up too!

Spoiler: Case 5 and 4-4
When it was revealed that Athena stabbed the phantom's hand, I immediatly thought of Kristoph's scar. I thought he would somehow turn out to be the phantom, that his black psyche locks would come into play and that he was the one man who singlehandedly gave birth to the dark age of the law.

Both of these ideas are awesome XD

Starbuck totally reminded me of Larry as well
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I hope I'm not the only one who thought of this.
Spoiler: End of Case 1
Apollo: I'll be taking a leave of absence.
Athena: What do you mean a leave!?
Phoenix: At least tell me your reason.
Apollo: I'm sorry, but this is something I have to do. *leaves*
Trucy: Maybe you should have paid him more, Daddy.
Phoenix: Actually, I don't pay him at all.
Athena: ...That's harsh. Shouldn't we go get him back?
Trucy: And offer him twice the pay!
Athena: But... 2 times 0 is still 0.
Trucy: ...Well, I have free vouchers for my show.
Phoenix: It's alright, Trucy. He'll come back sooner or later. (I'll personally make sure it happens.)

...I apologize if I ruined that scene for anyone.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Legal Aid

Just to be safe spoilers for the entire game.

Spoiler:
I thought that Clay Terran was a spy since the only way the moon rock could be stolen was if it was an inside job and he was around back when the HAT-1 was active. The fact that the photo of a man leaving the scene in the video and it look like him didn't help matters.

Spoiler:
I thought when Apollo left the Agency that he was going to switch careers and help the prosecution it didn't help that the eye patch and the jacket screamed to me Von Karma style attorney.

Spoiler:
The real final culprit behind everything wasn't a human but a robot, one that Athena's mother designed to understand human emotions only things went wrong and her creation ended up killing her.

It would explain the reason why the fake Fulbright hardly had emotions or an identity it had none to begin with in the first place. It could only imitate the emotions of the people it knew like the original Bright or Solomon Star Buck something like that could make a perfect spy.

Spoiler:
Prosecutor Black quill was really covering for his sister because he figured out a long time ago that she was the one who really killed Metis she did say after all that she would rather kill someone with her own hands after all. I also though that she could have been one of the people who could have killed Clay Terran.

Surf's Up!

Spoiler: Case 1
Ted Tonate blew up Courtroom No. 4

Spoiler: Case 5
When they mentioned that the Phantom got stabbed in the hand by Athena, that Blackquill would force "Fulbright" to take off his gloves.

Also, that Starbuck was another of Larry's personas.

machinimator

There was a pretty crazy thought I had during case 5.

Remember the robo-hostage crisis? You never quite actually SAW Aura pulling the strings on it all for quite some time. I sort of thought about the possibility that the aspect of "Robots that can register someone's feelings" would come into play - and Ponco might have actually seen Aura coming back frustrated and alone, knowing her brother was going to die tomorrow...Then, I thought the robots might have somehow surmised that their master wanted to achieve Blackquill's freedom by any means necessary.

I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Ultimate Survivor

For a while I was almost certain that

Spoiler: Case 4 and 5
Cosmos was the mastermind behind both Clay and Metis's murders. No, this didn't make sense at all after a certain point, but I was convinced it was him up until we saw the security footage showing the Phantom sneaking by. "Oops, way too lanky and no facial hair...no way it's Cosmos."

I'm sorry I doubted you, great Director. ;_;

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Spoiler: Case 1
Ted Tonate blew up Courtroom No. 4

When they mentioned that the Phantom got stabbed in the hand by Athena, that Blackquill would force "Fulbright" to take off his gloves.

Spoiler:
Those both threw me for a loop. I was super surprised that Fulbright's glove didn't come into play at all.

Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

After the final case....
Spoiler:
after seeing the case laid out I thought that the phantom was going to be Kristoph, seeing that the grudge he held was 7 years old and the phantom had a stab wound to his right hand. Kristoph is the phantom.i wish

When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

machinimator

In general, I'm pretty sure the games are going to do everything they can to make sure that if you play game D first, but then realize you love it so much and want to play all the others, you can theoretically play C, B, then A, and while the story would be a bit out of order, nothing super-important will be spoilt for you.

Plus, unlike many other video games, the spoilers are a big part of the gameplay. So, if you're already aware of Dual Destinies' biggest spoiler (that Blackquill is really an android duplicate of Edgeworth sent by aliens to destroy the world with a moon cannon on the HAT-1, of course...) from a later game, then playing Dual Destinies becomes annoyingly easier.
I'm gone for so long, and the colors got all psychedelic! Woohoo!

Just a fellow PW fan!

When I saw Starbuck pop up I actually thought it was Larry. I was really surprised when he turned out to be a new character.

All shall bow before the mighty Godog!!!

Spoiler:
In case 5, though I knew all evidence pointed to Fulbright being the phantom, I wanted it so badly to be Arme. I really liked Fulbright, and when they first started speculating as to who the phantom was I thought it was Arme and the story would be tied up nicely like that. When everything clearly pointed in Fulbright's direction I got pretty sad...

Ultimate Survivor

Kav wrote:
When I saw Starbuck pop up I actually thought it was Larry. I was really surprised when he turned out to be a new character.

Haha, I saw him referred to as Space Larry on a few other sites...
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Spoiler:
I convinced myself before the game and throughout that Juniper Woods was the killer in the final case. I knew before the game that the killer in the last case was such a person that guessing who it was could be considered an accomplishment from someone posting on a facebook page about how they guessed who the killer was, meaning it couldn't have been someone making their first appearance in the last case. I also knew that Athena would have black psyche locks thanks to a related video spoiler thumbnail, which made me think she was protecting someone or had a memory she didn't want and was repressing, namely that of Juniper being the killer. My suspicions increased when she said she'd been in and out of the space centre as a child. I also remember seeing a new animation with her hiding her eyes with her hat in a late case, though I can't be sure, which really made me suspicious. I felt pretty stupid after how it ended up turning out. Kind of thought Fulbright's presence at the space centre was way too blatantly suspicious to be anything more than a red herring.

(´Д`)y~~ get out

Spoiler: Whole game
I kind of spent the whole game hoping against hope that Klavier, Pearl and Trucy would do anything more than make token appearances. Trucy's only major role is as a damsel in distress (which is pointless because Phoenix, being a ~man of justice~ and all of that, would have tried to work something out with Aura and save everyone even without the desperation angle), Klavier just shows up 'cuz he's famous and helps Apollo a little, and Pearl shows up to be cute and do a little exposition. Edgeworth is basically the only returning character who makes any difference in the storyline or has a significant role.

Gettin' Old!

jjaystar wrote:
Spoiler:
In case 5, though I knew all evidence pointed to Fulbright being the phantom, I wanted it so badly to be Arme. I really liked Fulbright, and when they first started speculating as to who the phantom was I thought it was Arme and the story would be tied up nicely like that. When everything clearly pointed in Fulbright's direction I got pretty sad...

You ain't alone brother.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangh...
We don't always get what we want, do we? It really threw me for a curve!

Gettin' Old!

Spoiler: Case 3
I was sort of hoping Means would be like "Ohohoho well if you are having trouble in court *presents evidence* You can always use a secret weapon! The end justifies the means after all!" and the evidence he gives you is clearly forged. Then during the trial a point would come up where you can actually find the truth the conventional way (with a little thought) or use the obviously forged evidence to answer. Then of course the prosecution tests it's integrity and the trial ends with Athena losing her badge and Juniper getting the guilty verdict, much like what happened to Phoenix. It would also work for Means' objectives as well!

Made by Chesu+Zombee

All this time when Apollo was wearing the bandages over his eye, I thought he had been injured somehow that was pertinent to the story. I never realized that he would need both his eyes to perceive, but the fact that it requires such a tremendous amount of concentration it sorta makes sense. He went pretty badass about it though xD
He coulda just used an eyepatch!

Dracarys!

For a good chunk of the case, I was really suspecting that Detective Arme killed the victim. With the non-linear story telling, they'd made a good set-up to use "the victim is the killer" as a plot twist. They were even getting ready to call her to the stand at one point. This thought just kept getting stronger and stronger after they pointed out that Cosmos had a solid alibi and that Arme had been shooting at him. Cosmos even had his breakdown, despite having already been confirmed to not be the culprit (because SOMEBODY needs to have a breakdown in each case). Then...

Then they ended the case, without figuring out who had done it.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

jjaystar wrote:
All this time when Apollo was wearing the bandages over his eye, I thought he had been injured somehow that was pertinent to the story. I never realized that he would need both his eyes to perceive, but the fact that it requires such a tremendous amount of concentration it sorta makes sense. He went pretty badass about it though xD
He coulda just used an eyepatch!

It makes it all the funnier, considering what the DLC case features.
Spoiler: Poor Apollo,
having to stay at the office until Trucy comes back. (In Japanese, Trucy was in school, but America doesn't have high school during the summer. Hm...) Then, after she does come back, she has a schedule of her own for him. He doesn't get to visit the aquarium until after the case is resolved. He looks so sad about it, I can't help but laugh.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

Spoiler:
I definitely thought that Athena was going to turn out to be a killer, because I accidentally saw a screencap of the younger her being covered with blood before I played the game. My running theory for a while was that Blackquill had killed someone important to her, like her father for example (based on that cutscene) and had turned evil as a result of her grief. I guess it was kind of silly in hindsight... I'm glad her and Blackquill turned out to be innocent, because I adore the both of them.

I did make a guess at her being a super advanced android at some point, like a few other people, but rationalized it couldn't be possible since... well, robots don't usually age. Possible if she was a cyborg though, as in her mother really did perform experiments on her and tampered with her brain, hence her hypersensitive emotion detecting abilities.

Oh, I also thought when Aura first appeared, after your first interaction with her in the robot lab, that she'd end up being the one who killed Metis and pinned the blame on her brother. I figured her motive could be that she was jealous of Metis' talent and success with robotics and wanted her out of the picture. Dropped that theory pretty damn fast. Mmm... although that could of worked if you thought about it. Instead of trying to pin the blame on her brother, she could of been trying to pin the blame on Athena, but her brother got involved and ruined her plans, getting himself convicted in her stead. Her demand for a retrial would of been her attempt to set things straight (as she wanted them) but... if she had been the culprit it might of backfired in her face spectacularly, so maybe not.

Gettin' Old!

gallowsCalibrator wrote:
Spoiler:
I definitely thought that Athena was going to turn out to be a killer, because I accidentally saw a screencap of the younger her being covered with blood before I played the game. My running theory for a while was that Blackquill had killed someone important to her, like her father for example (based on that cutscene) and had turned evil as a result of her grief. I guess it was kind of silly in hindsight... I'm glad her and Blackquill turned out to be innocent, because I adore the both of them.

I did make a guess at her being a super advanced android at some point, like a few other people, but rationalized it couldn't be possible since... well, robots don't usually age. Possible if she was a cyborg though, as in her mother really did perform experiments on her and tampered with her brain, hence her hypersensitive emotion detecting abilities.

Oh, I also thought when Aura first appeared, after your first interaction with her in the robot lab, that she'd end up being the one who killed Metis and pinned the blame on her brother. I figured her motive could be that she was jealous of Metis' talent and success with robotics and wanted her out of the picture. Dropped that theory pretty damn fast. Mmm... although that could of worked if you thought about it. Instead of trying to pin the blame on her brother, she could of been trying to pin the blame on Athena, but her brother got involved and ruined her plans, getting himself convicted in her stead. Her demand for a retrial would of been her attempt to set things straight (as she wanted them) but... if she had been the culprit it might of backfired in her face spectacularly, so maybe not.

She totally still could have been a cyborg/android though! Her ageing can be explained by her going off to Europe for refits.

Also I agree I'd thought and hoped and prayed Aura was the killer so I could crack her on the witness stand. I'd assumed she was doing it to protect her brother but wanted Athena to suffer. I thought she was murderer of Clay Terran.

Made by Chesu+Zombee

Like others, I also thought

Athena might be a robot.

One I haven't seen mentioned here yet:

At first, rather than guessing Robin was a girl, I thought "he" was trying to hide the fact he had feminine interests or was a crossdresser or was gay, and that this was the reason for his over-the-top "manly" behavior. It sounds silly now that I've finished the case, but at the time, I even went as far as to think that maybe Robin had a crush on Hugh and was jealous of Juniper (Hence, "I'll never be as pretty as Juniper!") and that was the actual "love triangle" the school paper referred to and the reason for the tension in their friendship. It wasn't a serious theory, but at one point, after discovering Robin was a girl, the thought even briefly crossed my mind, "What if Hugh was a girl too?" Then I realized how ridiculous that was and yeah. I think the whole "Robin is a girl" twist just confused me and made me feel like any strange thing was possible, so my thought process stopped making sense. Also, I was really tired. Hahaha

Kimmychi wrote:

At first, rather than guessing Robin was a girl, I thought "he" was trying to hide the fact he had feminine interests or was a crossdresser or was gay, and that this was the reason for his over-the-top "manly" behavior. It sounds silly now that I've finished the case, but at the time, I even went as far as to think that maybe Robin had a crush on Hugh and was jealous of Juniper (Hence, "I'll never be as pretty as Juniper!") and that was the actual "love triangle" the school paper referred to and the reason for the tension in their friendship. It wasn't a serious theory, but at one point, after discovering Robin was a girl, the thought even briefly crossed my mind, "What if Hugh was a girl too?" Then I realized how ridiculous that was and yeah. I think the whole "Robin is a girl" twist just confused me and made me feel like any strange thing was possible, so my thought process stopped making sense. Also, I was really tired. Hahaha

Yep, I thought the same thing!

Am I the only person who loves Athena?!

I was thinking maybe one of the robots had killed someone, even more so when you find out they can be controlled. Thought there would be the whole "how can we convict a non human" in court or whatever.

This is a very small, silly one, but...
I was aware something wasn't right with Robin with the whole liking girls clothes, but my first thought was he was going to turn out to be gay or a cross dresser XD Guess games still can't really go there yet. Wasn't too suprised when he was actually a she.

EDIT - Just read Kimmychi thought just like me about this XD my bad for not reading properly.

... You're kidding, right?
Huh? What do you mean?
This is your best attempt at a sig?
Uh, yeah... You don't like? I like. I think you're just green with envy.
... You're an idiot.

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

Spoiler:
I tough they would reveal that the Phantom was not a single person, but a team (just like the Yagatarasu).

Or a least they would reveal his/her face.

Also, I suspected Fullbright, but I tough he was the real Phantom and not just a costume.

emimprov wrote:

But was anyone else disappointed by the fact that...

Spoiler: Minor Blackquill spoiler I guess
when Blackquill told stories about his fellow prisoners, he never referenced past AA culprits? I thought for sure they were going to throw some references in there, but it doesn't seem like they did.

Spoiler: Me too
I waited him to reference Godot or someone else. I feel bad that most culprits on Ace Attorney seem to banish from earth (except for certain someone that re-appears on GK2, that's some unwanted cameo).

Remember Missile.x?...You don't!?

Spoiler: 2nd case
That Filch was a highly involved accomplice, because even though it was blatantly L'Belle I figured he was covering to save his own neck more so that he was.

Spoiler: 5th case
I thought it was going to turn out that Soloman was the murderer after all, just because either Phoenix and Apollo mentioned at the start that his sigh was weird and over the top and then it arose that the killer didn't experience normal emotions so I thought he could have been putting his emotions on. I'm actually vaguely disappointed that he wasn't, because now I feel weird not actually knowing who the phantom is...

Spoiler: 5th case
I was torn between thinking that Athena became a lawyer because her Dad or someone was in jail after what Blackquill said, but also thinking she might have done it for him...which was correct.

I had a few, but I'm struggling to think of them now so I'll put other ones up later.
My frilly cravat makes one strong fashion statement.

The law is hard, but it is the law!

Spoiler: AAI DD
I totally thought the phantom was going to be "Shih-na", and that she had managed to escape. Then I realized AAI didn't sell very well, so they likely wouldn't do that. I also thought Clay was the spy who killed Metis, and then another spy killed him later, because of...I don't know, some reason. I was very sad when it turned out to be Fulbright, and I totally believed him when he said his family was taken hostage. Sadly, it wasn't meant to be. :larry:

Spoiler:
I assumed Aura was the killer, and she used the robots to do her bidding

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spoiler: DLC
Due to Mrlon's sudden and extreme change, for a moment I thought maybe he was really the captain, who had just faked his death... :eh?:

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Gettin' Old!

GoingforMiles wrote:
Spoiler: DLC
Due to Mrlon's sudden and extreme change, for a moment I thought maybe he was really the captain, who had just faked his death... :eh?:

I wish, the victim was a really great person.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I posted it what, three times already? These here were my theories before the game was released. And then I walked right into spoiler waterfall. ._. I still am enjoying the plot, or rather, a let's play of it, but I hardly can have any theories, now...

Spoiler:
Sligneris wrote:
Simon's innocence was actually pretty obvious, just like the fact the murder he was convicted for related to Athena's closest ones. Edgeworth's role in Case 5 was just as predictable.

Although I would expect Simon to be the defendant of the last case with Edgeworth as his greatest foe rather than ally and Phoenix being the one who decided to defend him, despite his friend's accusations. Considering Edgeworth still-present hatred for crime, it would make sense, I think.

Also, I expected Blackquill being allowed to prosecute explained by corruption of sorts in the law system (rather than Edgeworth's allowance), as it appeared in the game's premise. - we were to see the Dark Age of Law after all. My scenario pictures Blackquill as a tool in it - taken out of prison to prosecute cases for a corrupted person in law enforcement.

I definitely pictured the last case to be a way for these corrupted bigwigs of getting rid of Prosecutor Blackquill after he did not succeed in his task - after all he didn't win a trial against us, Ace Attorneys. And now, after we took his opportunity to save himself from death sentence he sees us defending him. That would be kinda surprising for him, I think.

Eureka!

I was starting to believe that Juniper was the culprit for a couple of reasons.
1. Her shy demeanor seemed a bit forced when you take into account her totally robotic behavior at the beginning of Case 3. She could very well have been the emotionless Phantom.
2. A leaf was found in the corridor that led to the Launch Pad/Museum. It was mentioned in an earlier case that Juniper had to walk through the mountains to go from the city to home and vice-versa. Perhaps a leaf got stuck to her shoe?
3. During the second day of investigation, Phoenix finds her in the Museum. It's possible that she was hiding there the entire time after the Launch Pad switch, perhaps in the rocket replica.

The main problem of course is how a little girl was the spy all those years ago? I was thinking that she was a robot, and perhaps that was why the Phantom didn't have any real emotion.

Well, Athena did have childhood memories with her...

Zoinks

Bjc72 wrote:
I was starting to believe that Juniper was the culprit for a couple of reasons.
1. Her shy demeanor seemed a bit forced when you take into account her totally robotic behavior at the beginning of Case 3. She could very well have been the emotionless Phantom.
2. A leaf was found in the corridor that led to the Launch Pad/Museum. It was mentioned in an earlier case that Juniper had to walk through the mountains to go from the city to home and vice-versa. Perhaps a leaf got stuck to her shoe?
3. During the second day of investigation, Phoenix finds her in the Museum. It's possible that she was hiding there the entire time after the Launch Pad switch, perhaps in the rocket replica.

The main problem of course is how a little girl was the spy all those years ago? I was thinking that she was a robot, and perhaps that was why the Phantom didn't have any real emotion.

This is an incredible theory and it would have been ridiculously awesome if things had turned out this way.

Spoiler:
I guess the only shortcoming would be how the robot 'grew' over all those years...although as the series is set in the future, crazier things could happen :basil:

3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Here's what I thought:
Upon seeing that picture of Courte with the arrow shot in her side before release, I thought that the culprit was O'Conner.

After Apollo felt sorry for accusing Athena, I thought he was going to confess his love to her, but was probably stopped by Athena slapping him.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

earthlings on fire

Spoiler: 5-3
I started to think that maybe Courte wasn't dead at all and somehow the "mock" trial was supposed to be a "real" one to see how the students would react, and that they would find another unrelated body while investigating (in order for the game to still have a victim in the case)

ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Juniper looked quite suspicious to me.

Paul Sohn

I was so curious because there are 3 courses in Themis Legal Academy and Lawyer and Judge course has their own teachers, but where's Prosecutor course teacher?

Yet I'd believed the teacher of Prosecutor course would be Lana :lana: , nothing revealed about that in game...

I'm Korean, I beg your apology for my horrible english grammer.

plsontaesung wrote:
I was so curious because there are 3 courses in Themis Legal Academy and Lawyer and Judge course has their own teachers, but where's Prosecutor course teacher?

Yet I'd believed the teacher of Prosecutor course would be Lana :lana: , nothing revealed about that in game...

Spoiler: Answer
There's likely a lot more teachers than we saw, but I'm pretty sure Courte also taught to the Prosecution classes. Klavier even says that she was his mentor, IIRC.

"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Page 2 of 3 [ 92 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)