Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 4 of 4[ 146 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: THE Blackquill Dojo!Topic%20Title

Apollon Flame

Sligneris wrote:
Wait, how did Fulbright put it on him?

He electrocuted him 'til he finally could? ^.^d
A King

in name

alone...

Adrian in black wrote:
I could see that happening.

...I bet it did happen.

...three Christmases in a row.

Simon likes to think he's the one in control but Bobby can be very persuasive <3

Scent wrote:
Sligneris wrote:
Wait, how did Fulbright put it on him?

He electrocuted him 'til he finally could? ^.^d

:pearl-blush:... I mean aww poor Simon.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Louise wrote:
Oh my god that comic is amazing :gant:

I saw this on tumblr, it's so cute. Bobby makes Simon a Christmas jumper

Spoiler: saving space

He looks good in pink.

May main concern is what those reindeers are doing on the sweater...

OH GOD WHY!
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

BonnyMono wrote:
Louise wrote:
Oh my god that comic is amazing :gant:

I saw this on tumblr, it's so cute. Bobby makes Simon a Christmas jumper

Spoiler: saving space

He looks good in pink.

May main concern is what those reindeers are doing on the sweater...

OH GOD WHY!

I was actually hoping to get myself one of those but they sold out a couple of weeks ago :payne:
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

The video game boy; the one who wins

Actually, I find myself liking him more now than when I watched the game being played. I've seen more than one person here saying he's forced, I agree with that and dearly hope that it's supposed to be him trying too hard to be dark and edgy, and not the developers trying too hard to make him seem dark and edgy. Otherwise I find him... sweet. To me, he's the kind of person that makes me go "aww" rather than "wow". When I watched the playthrough I got tired of all the "twisted, twisted, he's so twisted, look, a twisted samurai", but looking back, he was kind of twisted.

And he laughs at his own jokes.

That is all.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Actually, I find myself liking him more now than when I watched the game being played. I've seen more than one person here saying he's forced, I agree with that and dearly hope that it's supposed to be him trying too hard to be dark and edgy, and not the developers trying too hard to make him seem dark and edgy. Otherwise I find him... sweet. To me, he's the kind of person that makes me go "aww" rather than "wow". When I watched the playthrough I got tired of all the "twisted, twisted, he's so twisted, look, a twisted samurai", but looking back, he was kind of twisted.

That is all.

I fully agree, except for the fact that I actually found him positively wonderful from the start, even though some things got a bit tired, but I think and hope that it's him trying too hard, wanting a kind of persona after all the stress he's been through. But I got tired at times. Yes, yes, "Fool Bright", yes, yes, the judge is bald, we get it. But he really amuses me. He laughs at his own jokes, like Miles said, I loved it when he fell asleep and snored in court (Aristotele, you tiring lecturer!), and when he left the courtroom... And his British lingo! :bellboy: "The loo."
I think I might have a tad bit of a game-crush, actually. (Not because he uses the word "loo", mind you. :kudo: )

And he share his name with my very young brother from another mother... that is, my half brother, not my "bro". And it's cute because this brother is a todder. :edgey:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Ultimate Survivor

GoingforMiles wrote:

That is all.

This is interesting. I'm of two minds here. I would actually agree that he is a bit forced in some ways, as much as I ultimately enjoy him as a character. The most obvious forced thing I could thing of was

Spoiler:
that cutscene (cutscenes?) where you see a black and white image of Simon slashing at the screen with a katana, followed by blood splattering.

That was a little try-hard and 2edgy for me.

And of course, the aforementioned "Twisted Samurai" business. As a character himself, though? In the final assessment, I found him more gruff and quirky than outright edgy.

The fact that he IS actually formidable in court makes up for some of those shortcomings, I think.
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

Probably due to how he acted towards Athena in the first cases, I've been thinking about
Spoiler: 5-5
if there was ever a time, maybe whe he first met her after all those years, when he regretted what he had done for her sake.
Personally I think that would be an interesting take on it, extremely sad, but definitely not strange in the view of where it led him.

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Probably due to how he acted towards Athena in the first cases, I've been thinking about
if there was ever a time, maybe whe he first met her after all those years, when he regretted what he had done for her sake.
Personally I think that would be an interesting take on it, extremely sad, but definitely not strange in the view of where it led him.

Yes! That's a very interesting thought. Makes me think of following quote from Rozencrantz and Guildenstern are dead by Tom Stoppard: “There must have been a moment, at the beginning, were we could have said -- no. But somehow we missed it. ”

GoingforMiles wrote:

That would not only make a lot of sense, but it could also provide some very interesting dark conversations in future games. I believe the biggest problem with Athena's and Simon's relationship is that we hardly see them interract at all, which just leaves me more confused than touched by his sacrifice.

Speaking of dark, what made people think Dual Destinies was any darker than other installments in the series? I personally think Apollo Justice is more depressing and scary than Dual Destinies.

On a completely unrelated note, I posted this some time ago on the "Best of the Ace Attorney fandom", but I figured it could be posted here as well:

Spoiler:

Sadly not drawn by me.

[quote=Thane]That would not only make a lot of sense, but it could also provide some very interesting dark conversations in future games. I believe the biggest problem with Athena's and Simon's relationship is that we hardly see them interract at all, which just leaves me more confused than touched by his sacrifice.

Speaking of dark, what made people think Dual Destinies was any darker than other installments in the series? I personally think Apollo Justice is more depressing and scary than Dual Destinies.[/quote]

My thoughts excactly. And there is something really eery about the atmosphere in Apollo Justice.

[Whip the cream!]

I too have a problem with how Simon's and Athena's relationship is portrayed. It's "tell, don't show" rater than the "show, don't tell" and it's a bit irksome. It all could have been handled way better.

On a totally different note: Even though this, perhaps, doesn't make much sense because it's not really comparable, as well as, they don't refer to him as a "samurai" in the Japanese version, do they?, I found this absolutely adorable (on TV-tropes "fridge"-page about Dual Destinies): "Edgeworth's secret love of the Steel Samurai series reaches a whole new level once it dawns on you that now he has his own personal samurai now as the Chief Prosecutor, and therefore the "Twisted Samurai" Simon Blackquill's boss." ...aww. :acro:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

They call him a ronin, though. He's not a samurai in the traditional sense, but a wanderer without a master. Then, Nick proves his innocence and he's freed, so he goes and swears loyalty to Edgeworth. Yaaay.

Edgeworth doesn't have a particular motif to his design except that cravat of course so I've seen Japanese artists portray him both as a knight and/or a samurai. By this point, though, Edgey might as well be represented as a feudal lord.

I remember finding pictures, but I can't find them now. :sad-maya:

Since I can't find it, you guys can have this one of Gin.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

[Whip the cream!]

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
They call him a ronin, though. He's not a samurai in the traditional sense, but a wanderer without a master. Then, Nick proves his innocence and he's freed, so he goes and swears loyalty to Edgeworth. Yaaay.

Edgeworth doesn't have a particular motif to his design except that cravat of course so I've seen Japanese artists portray him both as a knight and/or a samurai. By this point, though, Edgey might as well be represented as a feudal lord.

I remember finding pictures, but I can't find them now. :sad-maya:

Since I can't find it, you guys can have this one of Gin.

Yes, that's why I safeguarded, haha. I thought something might have been off with the text but I couldn't be sure since I'm not in touch with Japanese culture and whatnot.

Interesting!

And, oh, that is one good picture!

Thought he'd be an Edgeworth-ripoff.

Boy, was I wrong.

:)

Simon Blackquill: Ace Attorney Investigations
Make is canon please capcom. Thanks.

He was an awesome character. A true fighter.

The Twisted Samurai

Chloe wrote:

This would be the best thing ever.

But I don't know, they'll prolly meh him off... or.... now that I think about it.

Every prosecutor, that was not Godot, was directly mentioned (with I direct, I am not talking about that there is a guy in some distant past how loved to drink coffee or sumthin' like that) in later games.

So there may be a good chance.
After all, he's kinda tied to Athena and Athena is part of the Agency.
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Chloe wrote:

I believe I made a post like that on Miiverse. But seriously: We need a 3D Investigations, one with Blackquill, and one with a younger Edgeworth. I kinda liked his PLvsAA voice.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

"Eggs?"

Spoiler:
A little off-topic but... You know how Simon was proven innocent, and supposedly went to Eldoon's afterwards? I wonder how that went... Does he even like noodles? Would it have been too salty? Did he eat the noodles at all?

Yes, these are the questions I ask. Hooray for pointless questioning! I get a penalty.

I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Anyone else think Zachary Quinto could play Simon Blackquill?
http://gyakutenfanatic.deviantart.com/a ... 1412808914
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

GoingforMiles wrote:

I actually brought this up in the headcanon thread (though, I guess you mentioned it first. Rats). Anyway, this is probably the most frustrating part about Simon (and Ace Attorney) for me

I've mentioned many times before that I do like Simon so I don't think it needs repeating, but I feel like characters like him, Klavier, and Lang could be so much more if they were treated more seriously. Yeah, it's Ace Attorney and every character is kooky but so are Edgeworth, Valant, and Badd at points, and they ended up feeling so real

I don't know. I usually like characters more when I think of probable events that were never stated. Simon is a pretty tragic character if you think about it; spending sleepless nights next to the prisoners that he prosecuted all for a little girl that he's protecting only for a sense of duty. There were probably so many nights where he just cried because he felt so utterly alone (I like to think that deep down, Simon really appreciated Fulbright despite how he acted). I think a monologue from Simon could've gone a long way

I'm not even sure what I'm saying at this point so I'll leave it at this--Lang is a silly character but he does have a serious side which fleshes him out quite a bit and makes him pretty great. Blackquill's serious side is the same as his "serious in court" side.

Yeah, they could've done more with his character, small things even, to make him feel more rounded. That's why I felt Lang was so much better handled in GK2, in that sense he felt somewhat unfinished in the first one. It kind of makes me think there could be some potential in having Simon making a brief return if there's a GS6, although it could be a catastrophe as well.

GoingforMiles wrote:
Yeah, they could've done more with his character, small things even, to make him feel more rounded. That's why I felt Lang was so much better handled in GK2, in that sense he felt somewhat unfinished in the first one. It kind of makes me think there could be some potential in having Simon making a brief return if there's a GS6, although it could be a catastrophe as well.

I feel like the biggest opportunity they had for it is gone, though. I mean, I wasn't bothered by the fact that people thought the Phantom was Fulbright with shaky evidence, but I was bothered that Simon bought it so easily. I mean, that guy is your best friend, Simon. You think it would bother him a little or shake him up but he didn't seem to care (maybe he suspected him from the beginning?)

I don't know. It would've been a nice mini-arc if Simon opposed the Mood Matrix the entire game but then actually believed its credibility when it was used on Fulbright. Then, when it's revealed Fulbright is dead, Simon actually gets really pissed

I guess they rightfully thought it would've been to similar to I-5 where the rival defended defended his detective friend (a masked impostor) from the main character and wanted to do something different

I'll still hold some hope out for Simon in GS6, though. I was disappointed going into AAI2 about the writers discarding Lang besides his cameo in Case 2, but I loved the way they made him the rival in the final case again, in a way that didn't feel forced

Yeah, that was what I was getting at. They could have, and maybe should have, taken the opportunity to flesh him out a bit in GS5, but if they decide to have him appear anymore, there's still room for his character to grow.

Simon's Ultimate Fanboy

So I'm still new to the board and am still unelligible to create a new thread

And I found this :larry: I am so happy to know there are many who also adore the monochrome cinnamon roll slash ball of fluff :pearl:

SIMON BLACKQUILL is life.
Spoiler:
And it made me ecstasic when I knew he's gonna appear in AA6.
If you happen to know some nice fanfiction, arts and more sweet stuff please do know that I'll be very grateful if you share them with me!

Ace GalPal :D

BUMP!

Siggy Made By Nadindi Avii Made By the Lovely Chloe
Page 4 of 4 [ 146 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)