Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 6 of 7[ 260 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Possible hints of pairings (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

[Whip the cream!]

Sweet-Tsubaki wrote:
I usually am not a fond of gay pairing because it's more often than not two friends and since they're both the same sex people feel like they should be paired together without any regard to chemistry or actual canon clues or even personality match and the way the relationship is actually described...

This post felt more like a debate-thingie about why you like or dislike certain pairings, than a post about hints, but moving on...
I don't ship (even though I can see the appeal of some pairings), but nevertheless, what you say about gay pairings can easily be applied to straight pairings as well - just because two people are of the opposite sex they are bound to be together. No chemistry required. I definitely see more of this when it comes to heterosexuality (even though the whole deal is a tad bit overused in both cases) than homosexuality. Not to mention the real world, heck, a little boy can hardly play with a little girl before adults ask if they are going to get married when they grow up and whatnot.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

:)

I really adore Juniper/Athena. I loved Athena's determination to prove Juniper innocent. I love the nicknames they give each other. For me it felt much deeper than a friendship and I feel they have something special going on. Not sexually, but the anime cutscene in 5-3 made me decide that I wanted to ship this.

I'm also fond of Apollo/Juniper. I think they are a really appealing and plausible pair with some cool hints. I was expecting to be a die hard Athena/Apollo fan when the game first came out.

The law is full of contradictions.

My OTP is Phoenix/Maya. SAY WHAT YOU WILL HE WAS WILLING TO RUN ACROSS A BURNING BRIDGE TO CHECK IF SHE'S ALRIGHT! :pearl: <High five! Let's be shipping buddies!)

I also love Apollo/Juniper and Gumshoe/Maggey! Mia/Diego is so sad. And lets not forget the most hinted to love in the game! Grossberg/Redd! :redd: :grossberg: XD jkjk
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Ucha Nekome wrote:
My OTP is Phoenix/Maya. SAY WHAT YOU WILL HE WAS WILLING TO RUN ACROSS A BURNING BRIDGE TO CHECK IF SHE'S ALRIGHT! :pearl: <High five! Let's be shipping buddies!)

I also love Apollo/Juniper and Gumshoe/Maggey! Mia/Diego is so sad. And lets not forget the most hinted to love in the game! Grossberg/Redd! :redd: :grossberg: XD jkjk

What about Apollo/Athena and Blackquill/Athena and Metis/Aura?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Gardevoir lover

My favorite pairing is Apollo/Juniper.
:sillytrucy: They look cute together.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:

What about Apollo/Athena and Blackquill/Athena and Metis/Aura?

I sorta see Blackquill/Athena but not entirely yet. Metis/Aura is so obvious it's not even funny. Edgeworth even suggests it.
As for Apollo/Athena I don't see it at all...It seems to me they were strongly hinting at Apollo/Juniper and I don't double ship.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*

Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

Wow... its been a while since I was here. Anyway, I hate to say it but Justicyckes has topple Nick/Maya as my top otp in Ace Attorney, though I still ship the two of them.

Cykequill... I'll be honest, I'm not really against it, but I just don't feel anything romantic with them. Thaey are however my brotp, loving each other like brother and sister.

But yeah, Justicykes all the way!

My headcanon for Dual Destinies is that there's an almost palpable sexual tension between Athena and Apollo.

It doesn't help that little Apollo has to work with all these beautiful women Phoenix attracts like a moth to a flame.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:
My headcanon for Dual Destinies is that there's an almost palpable sexual tension between Athena and Apollo.

It doesn't help that little Apollo has to work with all these beautiful women Phoenix attracts like a moth to a flame.

That reminds me. I once tried to analyze the situation where Apollo leaves the agency using Freudian psychosexuality as the context instead. I couldn't stop laughing by the end of it, especially given that Apollo later returns ashamed.

It's a lion's pride in that agency. And that makes Edgey a lion tamer.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: Dual Destinies Pairing thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Ben Credable (PI) wrote:
Wow... its been a while since I was here. Anyway, I hate to say it but Justicyckes has topple Nick/Maya as my top otp in Ace Attorney, though I still ship the two of them.

Cykequill... I'll be honest, I'm not really against it, but I just don't feel anything romantic with them. Thaey are however my brotp, loving each other like brother and sister.

There are three types of Pairings in my world:
1: Boyfriend/girlfriend pairings (OdoKoko, NaruMayo): I think of them as a couple, and a good one, at that.
2: Sibling pairings (YugaKoko): I think of Thena and Quilly as siblings, not a couple.
3: "We're just friends" pairings (OdoShino (Junipollo), KaguMari (MetisXAura)): I ship these as friends, not couples. Especially Metis and Aura, that's pretty weird.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Ben Credable (PI) wrote:

There are three types of Pairings in my world:
1: Boyfriend/girlfriend pairings (OdoKoko, NaruMayo): I think of them as a couple, and a good one, at that.
2: Sibling pairings (YugaKoko): I think of Thena and Quilly as siblings, not a couple.
3: "We're just friends" pairings (OdoShino (Junipollo), KaguMari (MetisXAura)): I ship these as friends, not couples. Especially Metis and Aura, that's pretty weird.

Actually Metis probably didn't have any romantic feelings for Aura. But Aura's another story. Keep in mind I don't ship these two. But when EDGEWORTH insists that Aura had romantic feelings, you listen.

I agree with you on friend-shipping (as in their only friends), sibling-shipping (as in they see each other as family), and couple-shipping. But I disagree with you on who I ship. (Keep in mind I have no clue about Japanese names.)

All of my couple ships: Phoenix/Maya, Apollo/Juniper, Mia/Godot, Gumshoe/Maggey

All of my sibling/family ships: Simon/Athena Apollo/Athena Pearl/Trucy Phoenix/Apollo (I like to think of Apollo as his adopted son he likes to troll.) Phoenix/Trucy (Of course) Phoenix/Athena (The older daughter) Phoenix/Pearl (The middle daughter) Phoenix/Edgey/Larry (Their like brothers. Edgey's the cool uncle, and Larry's the uncle no one wants to admit their related to.)

(If you haven't noticed I think of the Wright Anything Agency as a family. :phoenix: )

All of my best bud ships: Phoenix/Edgey Gumshoe/Edgey Apollo/Athena Pearl/Trucy

The video game boy; the one who wins

Quote:
(I like to think of Apollo as his adopted son he likes to troll.)

That.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Ucha Nekome wrote:
Actually Metis probably didn't have any romantic feelings for Aura. But Aura's another story. Keep in mind I don't ship these two. But when EDGEWORTH insists that Aura had romantic feelings, you listen.

Ah, yeah, I remember it now. He was pretty subtle about wording it, so it could go either way. Still, this pretty much confirms Edgey as a __________ shipper.

I'll leave it to others to fill in the blank.

GoingforMiles wrote:
Quote:

That.

Seconded. Best part of GS4+ Phoenix.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:

Ah, yeah, I remember it now. He was pretty subtle about wording it, so it could go either way. Still, this pretty much confirms Edgey as a __________ shipper.

GoingforMiles wrote:
Quote:

That.

Seconded. Best part of GS4+ Phoenix.

Yeah it was subtle, but it's Edgeworth! Hinting AT ALL, no matter how subtle it is, would be like yelling he ships it into a microphone. And he tends to pick up on these things. (Thinks back to Trials and Tribulations.) Even though I don't like her, he was right about Iris's feelings at the time. And even though I still think her character is a cop-out I'll put that aside to prove my point. Edgey's good at spotting the relationships people have or had.

And yes I loved AJ Phoenix as well. He made me drop the 3DS and yell "WHAT?!" When he said. "This is a game."
For a while I thought Phoenix had broken the 4th wall! Hell I felt like I was watching Blazing Saddles with all the 4th wall shit they were throwing at us. XD But eventually I figured out that this was the jurist system...You can still see bits and pieces of that trollish attitude towards Apollo in DD. I'm glad they kept at least some of it in.

A Seeker of Truth

Ucha Nekome wrote:
Yeah it was subtle, but it's Edgeworth! Hinting AT ALL, no matter how subtle it is, would be like yelling he ships it into a microphone. And he tends to pick up on these things. (Thinks back to Trials and Tribulations.) Even though I don't like her, he was right about Iris's feelings at the time. And even though I still think her character is a cop-out I'll put that aside to prove my point. Edgey's good at spotting the relationships people have or had.

Except when it comes to himself; "... D-Do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?" Then again, I find him more likeable because of that; it'd be weird if he thought himself as some sort of lady killer :edgey:

Ucha Nekome wrote:
And yes I loved AJ Phoenix as well. He made me drop the 3DS and yell "WHAT?!" When he said. "This is a game."
For a while I thought Phoenix had broken the 4th wall! Hell I felt like I was watching Blazing Saddles with all the 4th wall shit they were throwing at us. XD But eventually I figured out that this was the jurist system...You can still see bits and pieces of that trollish attitude towards Apollo in DD. I'm glad they kept at least some of it in.

Ditto; I prefer DD Phoenix, but AJ Phoenix is still pretty cool :hobohodo: Then again, when it comes to Ace Attorney, essentially every protagonist gets trolled by the prosecution, witnesses, judge, friends, each other, etc. It comes with the role :trucy:

--

Now moving onto the shipping topic, I am a Phoenix x Iris and Apollo xA thena shipper. I do support Phoenix x Maya and Apollo x Juniper shipping as well, but I prefer the aforementioned ones myself :maya:

Pheonix x Iris I support because not only is there evident signs of mutual affection on both their parts in 3-5, but I find any interaction they have with each other quite cute and full of feels :phoenix: Phoenix x Maya DOES work in my mind, but the 6-year age difference makes it feel weird to fully support; I feel like they would make a lovely couple, but they wouldn't be my first choice as a shipping :ron:

As for Apollo x Athena... I dunno, I feel like there's chemistry there :apollo: Their personalities just sort of mesh well, and they have a lovely back and forth that makes me feel they'd be equals in a relationship if one ever started, and it could flourish. :apollo: I support Apollo x Juniper to some degree because they're both lovely characters and Juniper clearly has the hots for Apollo, but personally I feel inclined to prefer the former; they just have such contrasting personalities that I can't quite fully wrap my mind around a pairing, though I haven't really read any Apollo x Juniper fanfiction, I grant you :ron:

... and yes, I just wrote 3 whole paragraphs illustrating my SHIPPING preferences of all things. Wow, I'm a dork :edgey:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Quote:
As for Apollo x Athena... I dunno, I feel like there's chemistry there :apollo: Their personalities just sort of mesh well, and they have a lovely back and forth that makes me feel they'd be equals in a relationship if one ever started, and it could flourish.

I've been so annoyed with this pairing. Because I haven't felt that they'd fit as a couple at all, and I've sort of taken for granted that the majority of the people who ship them do it just because it's a young guy and the new young woman and therefore they must get together (and there's my written in stone-headcanon that Apollo is gay but I've dwelled enough on that). And then I read this and just feel... a calmness. It wouldn't be the end of the world if it happened. It could even work nicely. Now, I still think their relationship is more buddy-like. And I still think that Athena isn't really in the right place in her life emotionally to get into a romantic relationship, especially not with an older person (even if Apollo isn't that much older, and not the most mature person himself). But now I'm not against people shipping them anymore.

GentlemanGamer wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:

Except when it comes to himself; "... D-Do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?" Then again, I find him more likeable because of that; it'd be weird if he thought himself as some sort of lady killer :edgey:

Ucha Nekome wrote:

Ditto; I prefer DD Phoenix, but AJ Phoenix is still pretty cool :hobohodo: Then again, when it comes to Ace Attorney, essentially every protagonist gets trolled by the prosecution, witnesses, judge, friends, each other, etc. It comes with the role :trucy:

--

Now moving onto the shipping topic, I am a Phoenix x Iris and Apollo xA thena shipper. I do support Phoenix x Maya and Apollo x Juniper shipping as well, but I prefer the aforementioned ones myself :maya:

Pheonix x Iris I support because not only is there evident signs of mutual affection on both their parts in 3-5, but I find any interaction they have with each other quite cute and full of feels :phoenix: Phoenix x Maya DOES work in my mind, but the 6-year age difference makes it feel weird to fully support; I feel like they would make a lovely couple, but they wouldn't be my first choice as a shipping :ron:

As for Apollo x Athena... I dunno, I feel like there's chemistry there :apollo: Their personalities just sort of mesh well, and they have a lovely back and forth that makes me feel they'd be equals in a relationship if one ever started, and it could flourish. :apollo: I support Apollo x Juniper to some degree because they're both lovely characters and Juniper clearly has the hots for Apollo, but personally I feel inclined to prefer the former; they just have such contrasting personalities that I can't quite fully wrap my mind around a pairing, though I haven't really read any Apollo x Juniper fanfiction, I grant you :ron:

... and yes, I just wrote 3 whole paragraphs illustrating my SHIPPING preferences of all things. Wow, I'm a dork :edgey:

My dislike of Phoenix/Iris comes from my dislike of Iris's character and the choices she makes...hell even her look. Don't get me wrong I don't mind people who ship them...but...I just can't stand Iris herself. She had so many opportunities to stop that crazy plan by saying "Phoenix, both you and your friends are in trouble. This is what's going to happen, GTFO. I will see you later I have something to apologize to you about." (Mind you she probably wouldn't word it like that.) If she had spoken up, I might have forgiven what a cop-out character she is. By cop-out I mean with her very existence Phoenix is right...again...I like it when Phoenix is wrong...It gives him room for growth. Now he has another excuse to trust people blindly. >:( But like I said these are personal issues I have with her character.

As for Maya's age...People keep forgetting she's gonna be 28 in the next game...That's not so bad considering some people are 10 years apart when they marry. Some even older. :maya: Phoenix has allot of love for Maya even he doesn't know about. (When she gets kidnapped he nearly passes out and panics like a maniac. Just the THOUGHT of her being in danger compels him to run across a burning bridge he was extremely hesitant to even walk over when not on fire.) When upset in DD just a letter from her was enough to cheer him up. And I have a theory why Pearl ships Phoenix and Maya so hard. If Maya had a secret crush she didn't want anyone to know about...Who do you think she would go to? Pearls of course. It also explains why she gets upset and tries to shut pearls up instead of laughing it off as just another "kid's say the darnedest things" type of thing. Like I said it's just a theory and I could be reading too much into it.

Like you I wrote a couple paragraphs saying why my OTP is my OTP...Where did my afternoon go?

GoingforMiles wrote:
Quote:
As for Apollo x Athena... I dunno, I feel like there's chemistry there :apollo: Their personalities just sort of mesh well, and they have a lovely back and forth that makes me feel they'd be equals in a relationship if one ever started, and it could flourish.

I've been so annoyed with this pairing. Because I haven't felt that they'd fit as a couple at all, and I've sort of taken for granted that the majority of the people who ship them do it just because it's a young guy and the new young woman and therefore they must get together (and there's my written in stone-headcanon that Apollo is gay but I've dwelled enough on that). And then I read this and just feel... a calmness. It wouldn't be the end of the world if it happened. It could even work nicely. Now, I still think their relationship is more buddy-like. And I still think that Athena isn't really in the right place in her life emotionally to get into a romantic relationship, especially not with an older person (even if Apollo isn't that much older, and not the most mature person himself). But now I'm not against people shipping them anymore.

I agree I think of them as friends. I prefer Juniper and Apollo cause the game actually hints at that. And while I don't think Apollo is aware of Juniper's feelings. I'm certain he DOES care for her. I can't help cheering Junie on! Go, Juniper!

I've always felt like Maya could very well have a secret crush on Phoenix even if I don't think it's answered if she has one. That said, I love his unconditional and selfless caring for her.

And about Junie and Polly, yes, he definitely seems to care about her, somehow I feel that if they were to spend more time together he could be someone she'd open up to and ask for advice and such because I feel like her crush on him is mixed with admiration. I also think the way he's seemingly unaware of her obvious feelings for him is kind of cute.

A Seeker of Truth

GoingforMiles wrote:

I can agree with that :phoenix: I so ship them, but I couldn't imagine either of them dating anytime soon; both of them are just so... I dunno... immature, I guess. Not in that they're bratty, but in that they both feel like they have some growing up to do before they got into a relationship. In the meantime, they make great friends :phoenix:

Ucha Nekome wrote:
I agree I think of them as friends. I prefer Juniper and Apollo cause the game actually hints at that. And while I don't think Apollo is aware of Juniper's feelings. I'm certain he DOES care for her. I can't help cheering Junie on! Go, Juniper!

Well, I won't deny I love a good underdog story myself; the shy girl getting the cute guy, or the dorky guy getting the cute girl. It's an old and cheesy tale, but I still like it all the same; I'm old fashioned like that, I guess. Even if this isn't my first choice of a ship, I'd support Apollo x Junie wholeheartedly if it became canon one day; Junie is shy, lovable and adorable, so I'd love to see in her a relationship with a decent guy :apollo:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

A Seeker of Truth

Ucha Nekome wrote:
My dislike of Phoenix/Iris comes from my dislike of Iris's character and the choices she makes...hell even her look. Don't get me wrong I don't mind people who ship them...but...I just can't stand Iris herself. She had so many opportunities to stop that crazy plan by saying "Phoenix, both you and your friends are in trouble. This is what's going to happen, GTFO. I will see you later I have something to apologize to you about." (Mind you she probably wouldn't word it like that.) If she had spoken up, I might have forgiven what a cop-out character she is. By cop-out I mean with her very existence Phoenix is right...again...I like it when Phoenix is wrong...It gives him room for growth. Now he has another excuse to trust people blindly. >:( But like I said these are personal issues I have with her character.

Yeah, I can get that :yogi: She's a bit of a doormat; she lets other people makes the call, and doesn't let herself go against the plans that people give her, however much she may disagree with it. I feel like with Phoenix that part of her could change, but then again, I'm biased; I like her character but not some of her actions, so naturally I'm more inclined to hope the latter could go away. Illogical perhaps, but most shipping isn't logical anyways, just preferences :phoenix: And yes, I do agree the whole 'he was right to believe in her' thing was a bit of a cop-out; kind of eschewed the whole 'don't trust people blindly if you don't want to experience heartbreak' lesson that he learned from 'Dahlia'. That's the one thing I don't really like about the ship if I were to be completely honest with myself :ron:

Ucha Nekome wrote:
As for Maya's age...People keep forgetting she's gonna be 28 in the next game...That's not so bad considering some people are 10 years apart when they marry. Some even older. :maya: Phoenix has allot of love for Maya even he doesn't know about. (When she gets kidnapped he nearly passes out and panics like a maniac. Just the THOUGHT of her being in danger compels him to run across a burning bridge he was extremely hesitant to even walk over when not on fire.) When upset in DD just a letter from her was enough to cheer him up. And I have a theory why Pearl ships Phoenix and Maya so hard. If Maya had a secret crush she didn't want anyone to know about...Who do you think she would go to? Pearls of course. It also explains why she gets upset and tries to shut pearls up instead of laughing it off as just another "kid's say the darnedest things" type of thing. Like I said it's just a theory and I could be reading too much into it.

Like you I wrote a couple paragraphs saying why my OTP is my OTP...Where did my afternoon go?

Well, you certainly have a lot of canonical evidence to support your claim :maya: My verdict is... extremely probable, though unconfirmed until AA6 :phoenix: I still go with my Phoenix x Iris guns, but the loyalty Nick shows for Maya and the lengths he goes to protect her certainly lends a lot of credence to the shipping. Plus, one of my favorite fan-fics ever centers all around the Nick x Maya shipping, so I can't exactly say I don't like it :phoenix: :maya: Why do I still ship Phoenix x Iris then? ... I suppose because that's who I initially shipped after TandT, and I'm stubborn like that :sillytrucy:

GoingforMiles wrote:
I've always felt like Maya could very well have a secret crush on Phoenix even if I don't think it's answered if she has one. That said, I love his unconditional and selfless caring for her.

And about Junie and Polly, yes, he definitely seems to care about her, somehow I feel that if they were to spend more time together he could be someone she'd open up to and ask for advice and such because I feel like her crush on him is mixed with admiration. I also think the way he's seemingly unaware of her obvious feelings for him is kind of cute.

Another hint to Maya's feelings is the end of Farewell my Turnabout. In a desperate situation, she could have drawn anything...Hell she could have drawn a clue! But she drew Phoenix. That's just so damn cute! XD Sorry I can't help but gush over them. :pearl:

A Seeker of Truth

Ucha Nekome wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

Another hint to Maya's feelings is the end of Farewell my Turnabout. In a desperate situation, she could have drawn anything...Hell she could have drawn a clue! But she drew Phoenix. That's just so damn cute! XD Sorry I can't help but gush over them. :pearl:

This is kinda going against my prime ship, but whatever; in 3-2 after Desiree tells the story and Nick says he'd probably fall in love after something like that too, Maya tells him that he'd do the same for her. At the time I didn't think much of it, but if you consider she's putting her and Nick on the same level as a married couple there... :maya: maybe it's over-interpreting it, but I think that it could another sign of Maya's true feelings, part of me hopes it is anyways :maya: You know what, darn it all, I'm switching ships; the Maya boat just feels too tantalizing to resist, what with all this canonical evidence. Well done you lot, well done :phoenix:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Ucha Nekome wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:
Quote:

Not only is Juniper Apollo's admirer, she's also Athena's childhood friend. And I'm sure Athena would never forgive him if he let Juniper
Spoiler: Case 1 and 4
die in the courtroom bombing.
As for AthenaXJuniper, In Case 3, Athena clearly stated that Juniper calling her "Thena" makes them seem more like sisters, thus making it a sibling pairing.

The cape is self-fluttering

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:

Actually, AAI has left me with the impression he's more of a FranziskaxLarry shipper.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

A Seeker of Truth

Adrian in black wrote:
Actually, AAI has left me with the impression he's more of a FranziskaxLarry shipper.

Really? I kind of got the impression she hated Larry's guts, or at least annoyed her a lot. If I may ask, what did he say to imply he was shipping them? :eh?:

GentlemanGamer wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

This is kinda going against my prime ship, but whatever; in 3-2 after Desiree tells the story and Nick says he'd probably fall in love after something like that too, Maya tells him that he'd do the same for her. At the time I didn't think much of it, but if you consider she's putting her and Nick on the same level as a married couple there... :maya: maybe it's over-interpreting it, but I think that it could another sign of Maya's true feelings, part of me hopes it is anyways :maya: You know what, darn it all, I'm switching ships; the Maya boat just feels too tantalizing to resist, what with all this canonical evidence. Well done you lot, well done :phoenix:

Woot bring on the confetti!

GentlemanGamer wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:

Really? I kind of got the impression she hated Larry's guts, or at least annoyed her a lot. If I may ask, what did he say to imply he was shipping them? :eh?:

This random exchange of much hilarity.

Spoiler: AAI 1-5
-
:edgeworth: : Larry, I wonder if you might know what this is?
:larry2: : Nope, not a clue!
:edgeworth: : You didn't even look at it!
:larry2: : Nah, that's because the only thing I can see right now is the form of my lovely Franzy!
:ka-whip: : Oh? In that case, allow me to help you sear my form into you for all eternity! *whips him several times*
:larry: : Eek! Aaaah! Whippity-Whip Triiiiip! *collapses*
:edgeworth: : Now THIS is a trip I'm willing to endorse, especially if we can finally get some peace here.
-Miles Edgeworth, Larry Butz, and Franziska von Karma, present unrelated evidence to Larry, case 5, AAI: Miles Edgeworth

Though truthfully, I'm only half-serious about Edgeworth being a shipper. I'm aware his main focus there is the case itself, and what he really wants is Larry's cooperation.

It's just, the conversation seems to imply that, under certain conditions, Edgeworth would not be opposed to that match.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

A Seeker of Truth

Ucha Nekome wrote:

The defendant, GentlemanGamer is hereby declared to be...
:not-guilty: ... of making a poor decision :udgey: Court is adjourned :phoenix:

I tried to avoid the change, but I couldn't help it; everything seemed to feel so canon, so RIGHT that I couldn't resist any longer :phoenix: Phoenix x Maya all the way now :kissy:

On that note, do you think GS6 will see them finally shipped? It's pretty much a garauntee she'll be making a return in some form or another, her letter to Nick in Dual Destinies all but sealed that, but in what capacity? As an old friend? Girlfriend? Or something more? My money's on one of the first two, personally; I think the fandom would explode with excitement (or in some people's case, utter rage) if the latter ever became true, and I don't think the developers would want to risk it, sadly :phoenix:

Last edited by GentlemanGamer on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

A Seeker of Truth

Adrian in black wrote:
This random exchange of much hilarity.

Spoiler: AAI 1-5
-
:edgeworth: : Larry, I wonder if you might know what this is?
:larry2: : Nope, not a clue!
:edgeworth: : You didn't even look at it!
:larry2: : Nah, that's because the only thing I can see right now is the form of my lovely Franzy!
:ka-whip: : Oh? In that case, allow me to help you sear my form into you for all eternity! *whips him several times*
:larry: : Eek! Aaaah! Whippity-Whip Triiiiip! *collapses*
:edgeworth: : Now THIS is a trip I'm willing to endorse, especially if we can finally get some peace here.
-Miles Edgeworth, Larry Butz, and Franziska von Karma, present unrelated evidence to Larry, case 5, AAI: Miles Edgeworth

Though truthfully, I'm only half-serious about Edgeworth being a shipper. I'm aware his main focus there is the case itself, and what he really wants is Larry's cooperation.

It's just, the conversation seems to imply that, under certain conditions, Edgeworth would not be opposed to that match.

I don't think he would be, actually :edgey: I don't think he'd care too much who Franziska or Larry dated so long as they wouldn't bug him too much. :butzthumbs: Unless you're an Edgey x Frenzy shipper, in which case letting the two of them date would break his heart, but I digress :trucy: In semi-seriousness, it certainly be interesting if Franziska and Larry DID date; she'd either whip some sense into him and get him to finally grow up, or cause him to collapse into a quivering puddle of nerves and scratches. It'd be interesting to see the former, but my money's probably on the latter; sorry Larry :larry:

GentlemanGamer wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:

I tried to avoid the change, but I couldn't help it; everything seemed to feel so canon, so RIGHT that I couldn't resist any longer :phoenix: Phoenix x Maya all the way now :kissy:

On that note, do you think GS6 will see them finally shipped? It's pretty much a garauntee she'll be making a return in some form or another, her letter to Nick in Dual Destinies all but sealed that, but in what capacity? As an old friend? Girlfriend? Or something more? My money's on one of the first two, personally; I think the fandom would explode with excitement (or in some people's case, utter rage) if the latter ever became true, and I don't think the developers would want to risk it, sadly :phoenix:

OK I know it probably won't happen...and god is it cliche... but I think it would be adorable If Maya, who wanted to pass on the family blood, was getting married to someone she didn't love. (Athena can confirm this without him asking.) No he's not guilty of murder or anything. They just didn't love each-other. Anyways Phoenix were put in a situation were he had to defend her fiancee. But he found he hated the situation. I can see him for the first time blowing up at a not-guilty defendant. Anyways he wins the case but is miserable and he can't figure out why. Then in a sudden realization he figures out he's in love with Maya then runs off to stop the wedding with a mighty OBJECTION!!!

^This is what happens when my inner fangirl goes nuts people...

The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*

Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

Ucha Nekome wrote:
GentlemanGamer wrote:
Ucha Nekome wrote:

OK I know it probably won't happen...and god is it cliche... but I think it would be adorable If Maya, who wanted to pass on the family blood, was getting married to someone she didn't love. (Athena can confirm this without him asking.) No he's not guilty of murder or anything. They just didn't love each-other. Anyways Phoenix were put in a situation were he had to defend her fiancee. But he found he hated the situation. I can see him for the first time blowing up at a not-guilty defendant. Anyways he wins the case but is miserable and he can't figure out why. Then in a sudden realization he figures out he's in love with Maya then runs off to stop the wedding with a mighty OBJECTION!!!

I can get behind this.

Anyway, I guess I can clarify more as to why Justicykes really works for me. I ship them just as much as friends as I do as a couple, mostly because my feelings toward shipping have really changed over the years.

The chemistry I felt between the two was something I haven't felt since...well since both Nick and Maya started working together. They're the closest of friends, and can be empathetic to each other's feelings. As such, they would support one another through the best of times and worse. Athena and Apollo just really hit it off becoming friends during the game for me, and their teamwork is some of the best I've seen in gaming for a long time.

Its through this I feel that a relationship started between the two of them, nothing would really change about how they would act with each other. They would still be the best of friends, partners, and support each other. The romance would be secondary in their minds I would believe...and for me, that just feels a whole lot more deep than anything else.

If the next game has Apollo and Juniper becoming a couple or something like that, I would be fine with it, as long as Athena and Apollo still work as the best team in Ace Attorney.

Adrian in black wrote:

Of course he wouldn't, but I'd be more careful with what I'd wish for if I was in his place. Who knows when Larry would shut up for good. It just wouldn't seem right that way, ya know?

On a completely different note, now I'm wondering what would happen if I start looking at this series in a completely different light that is somewhat influenced by the words of Dr. Sigmund Freud regarding psychosexuality. Who wants to join me? o/

Quote:
On a completely different note, now I'm wondering what would happen if I start looking at this series in a completely different light that is somewhat influenced by the words of Dr. Sigmund Freud regarding psychosexuality. Who wants to join me? o/

I await your analysis with terror-filled anticipation.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:

Of course he wouldn't, but I'd be more careful with what I'd wish for if I was in his place. Who knows when Larry would shut up for good. It just wouldn't seem right that way, ya know?

lol wut

...NAILED IT

A Seeker of Truth

Ucha Nekome wrote:

I don't care if it's cliche, that IS quite adorable :phoenix: For added chuckles/adorableness, we could have Pearls slapping Nick after the wedding; not because she disagrees with him stopping it, but because like a dunce he took too long to act on how he truly felt about her when it's been obvious to Pearly since day one :pearl: Just a thought :godot:

Ben Credable (PI) wrote:
I can get behind this.

Anyway, I guess I can clarify more as to why Justicykes really works for me. I ship them just as much as friends as I do as a couple, mostly because my feelings toward shipping have really changed over the years.

The chemistry I felt between the two was something I haven't felt since...well since both Nick and Maya started working together. They're the closest of friends, and can be empathetic to each other's feelings. As such, they would support one another through the best of times and worse. Athena and Apollo just really hit it off becoming friends during the game for me, and their teamwork is some of the best I've seen in gaming for a long time.

Its through this I feel that a relationship started between the two of them, nothing would really change about how they would act with each other. They would still be the best of friends, partners, and support each other. The romance would be secondary in their minds I would believe...and for me, that just feels a whole lot more deep than anything else.

If the next game has Apollo and Juniper becoming a couple or something like that, I would be fine with it, as long as Athena and Apollo still work as the best team in Ace Attorney.

This :apollo: Very well put; this is pretty much how I feel about this ship, except you put it a lot more eloquently then I probably would :trucy: They don't seem like the characters that would be all 'lovey-dovey' and constantly fawning over each other (Feenie and Dahlia/Iris, much? :phoenix: :dahlia: ); they would be pretty much the same, but now confident in the knowledge that the other cares for them on a deep, emotional level, and that would result in a healthy relationship. It's just something that I innately feel would... work (See Chapter 3 and 4 of this fanfiction. They're not very long, each chapter is a short one-shot, and they're very much in character here https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10143440/1/Just-a-Note) :apollo: Apollo x Juniper would be cute and adorable too, I won't lie; I just prefer these two is all :trucy:

[Whip the cream!]

GoingforMiles wrote:
Quote:

That was... beautiful. :acro:

(I reacted similarly; I also took for granted that young man+new young woman= love was the reason, but... yeah.)
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

GoingforMiles wrote:
Quote:

I await your analysis with terror-filled anticipation.

Do note that I said a light "somewhat influenced by... psychosexuality", so it's not quite an analysis as much as it is just me screwing around with this game.

Just for clarification, what Freud focused on regarding psychosexuality is the development cycle of a child into adulthood. But I am not going to be talking about kids growing up. I am going to be talking about certain characters that have gained steady development over the course of one or a few games, and making parallels to sexual or romantic drives when applicable. That way, I don't end up trailing a bit too far from this thread's topic.

And I will be starting with this game, naturally.

Before I jump into anything, though, I'd first like to point out the plot of Dual Destinies is totally a cover-up for a romance drama. Let's not call Athena a "black-hole Sue" (or whatever she's been called). Let's instead call her the "target" or the "finish line", and the other three on the box are competitors. On that thought, we can add Edgey, Aura, and Juni to the roster.

Next is to replace the "Dark Age of Law" with the prompt "Who can 'satisfy' this Goddess of Plot Devices with the best and quickest results?"

Finally, we replace the promotional slogan of "Phoenix's return to law" with "Phoenix's reunion with the law". From there, everything can be set into place, from his surprisingly sudden rejuvenation to Apollo's leave of absence to satisfy a different desire, to Edgeworth's commitment to Blackquill's recuperation...

Erm, before I do explain myself, is there anyone in this thread who doesn't want me to continue? I have a feeling some of you will be cursing me from afar for this... ( ´ ³`)~♪

Edit: Well, all I can leave you guys with is that this series has always been about getting the girl anyway. Her name just happens to be "Truth".

A Seeker of Truth

To be honest, as curious as I am I'm not quite sure I want to read it; as curious as I am, I'm also a little scared to, as childish as it may sound :oops: That said, I don't mind you posting it; if you DO post it though would you mind put it into a spoilers box in case me or others would rather not read it? :oops: That'd be much appreciated; hope you don't mind my saying so :phoenix:

Quote:
Do note that I said a light "somewhat influenced by... psychosexuality", so it's not quite an analysis as much as it is just me screwing around with this game.

Just for clarification, what Freud focused on regarding psychosexuality is the development cycle of a child into adulthood. But I am not going to be talking about kids growing up. I am going to be talking about certain characters that have gained steady development over the course of one or a few games, and making parallels to sexual or romantic drives when applicable. That way, I don't end up trailing a bit too far from this thread's topic.

I know I know, it's just the name Freud sending a horrified-fascinated shivering down my spine. Seriously though; it does sound interesting.
Page 6 of 7 [ 260 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)