Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

RATE 5 STARS ON THE ESHOP!!Topic%20Title

The Missing Link

Generally, I don't care about ratings or anything of the sort and I know very well that this game is hitting the top of the charts on the eShop right now, but two questions arise: 1) How long will it be up there? 2) How long will they keep this series alive outside of Japan? I feel the Ace Attorney series is seemingly always on it's last leg. With AAI2 never making it overseas and this game itself only getting a digital release and only in English. I'd like to to come up with more ways to help promote one my favorite series, but the immediate one I can think of is simply take a few seconds of your time to give the game 5 stars as a way to thank and show our appreciation to Capcom and in hopes that the longer it dominates the charts the more the game will be seen and recognized and continue to sell.

Long story short.... I really hope the series will be kept alive.
Re: RATE 5 STARS ON THE ESHOP!!Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Huh I'd totally forgotten there was a rating system on the e-shop. I think it's just there for potential customers rather than looked at by Capcom or anyone but it can't hurt to vote.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Expert bluffer

This series does indeed seem to be in trouble due to Capcom noticing an overall decrease in profit...and it doesn't help that many fans are boycotting this game due to the digital-only release.
I doubt that Capcom looks at the ratings, but on the off-chance that they might...sure.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Well, it is seen by Capcom indirectly. Better ratings = potentially more customers looking at the game = perhaps more sales = larger installbase for the game = more apparent interest in the series.

As soon as my 3DS isn't tied up with doing my Animal Crossing New Leaf routine, I'll go to the eShop and rate 5 stars for sure. I had also totally overlooked the rating system.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Gettin' Old!

DragonCactus wrote:
This series does indeed seem to be in trouble due to Capcom noticing an overall decrease in profit...and it doesn't help that many fans are boycotting this game due to the digital-only release.
I doubt that Capcom looks at the ratings, but on the off-chance that they might...sure.

Well I don't know about that, I doubt anyone is really going to maintain the boycott because it's digital only, unless they have legitimate reason like....no access to internet at all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Attorney

Boycotting a digital only release is the dumbest thing ever. You got the game in English, be happy and appreciative about it.

Expert bluffer

Pierre wrote:
DragonCactus wrote:

Well I don't know about that, I doubt anyone is really going to maintain the boycott because it's digital only, unless they have legitimate reason like....no access to internet at all.

From what I read, it's more that they really want a box so that it can collect dust on their shelves and never be opened again. One did say something along those lines. I understand the preference for physical copies, I'd prefer it that way as well, but boycotting the game will only hurt the series.
As for internet access, there are some public areas that often offer DS-compatible wi-fi. If not, try an area with Nintendo Zone...
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

The Law 'Shark'

Some of them detest the idea of digital only games, which is also makes this a problem for them...
It's not quite as black and white as having a pretty case...some of them are morally biased too.
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Ace Attorney

Then that's their own fault if they refuse to buy the game in a way that is completely accessible to them, and frankly, childish and petty.
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)