Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 24 posts ]

Does Apollo know?(GS4 major spoilers)Topic%20Title

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

In Case 2 of Dual Destinies, Apollo gets an incoming call from Wright. His ringtone is a shortened version of The Guitar Serenade. Does anyone remember what Apollo thought of that song in his game? I wonder if he suspects he knows Lamiroir in a different way.(her son.) He did feel that way when he met her. Do you guys think that maybe Apollo thinks he's related to her? Just an idea I got when I heard that ringtone.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage
Re: Does Apollo know?(GS4 major spoilers)Topic%20Title

Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.

Do you have a link to the track? I can't quite remember it exactly. I was pretty surprised when Apollo didn't recognize that outfit from the third case of the game though, I thought it looked quite similar to Lamiroir's.

I doubt his ringtone means anything, if that's what you're implying. Phoenix had the Steel Samurai theme, and he wasn't a fan of the show - for all we know, Trucy just changed Apollo's ringtone and he doesn't know how to change it back. Or maybe he just really likes her music.

If they're going to continue the Gramarye family subplot, then they're probably going to put a bit more oomph into it than that.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:
I doubt his ringtone means anything, if that's what you're implying. Phoenix had the Steel Samurai theme, and he wasn't a fan of the show - for all we know, Trucy just changed Apollo's ringtone and he doesn't know how to change it back. Or maybe he just really likes her music.

It's obviously implying something more.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:

:objection:
I don't see why it should imply anything more. Its just a small nod to the previous game.

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Hahex wrote:
Do you have a link to the track? I can't quite remember it exactly. I was pretty surprised when Apollo didn't recognize that outfit from the third case of the game though, I thought it looked quite similar to Lamiroir's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ5yc9pZEZg
Skip to 9:37. It's a digital version of the song, but the player skips it.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

TheDimensionofTime wrote:
Hahex wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ5yc9pZEZg
Skip to 9:37. It's a digital version of the song, but the player skips it.

Oh yes, I remember that moment now. Better than that low bit arrangement that they did for Nick's phone :P

Hahex wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:

:objection:
I don't see why it should imply anything more. Its just a small nod to the previous game.

Think outside of the box, my friend.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

oh man! I can't believe I completely missed this fact. Must have had the music turned down (playing in bed probably lol)
Thanks for pointing it out :hobolaugh:
meow!
ニャー

いぎあり!!

The video game boy; the one who wins

Apollo liked that song (or at least Lamiroir's singing) so it doesn't have to mean anything. I find it more interesting that he's got a song written by his rival as his ringtone. :klavier:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Apollo's Ringtone for those who wanted it. (I couldn't find a high quality version of it, sad how it didn't exist in the soundtrack list.)

Also, Apollo is completely oblivious of who Lamiroir is.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

It's obviously just a nod to AJ and Polly likes the tune.

But for all we know they could still make the asspull that Apollo suddently knows about Lamiroir's real identity at the beginning of the next game... but i don't think this piece of music is an implication of anything as it stands right now, or they would hammer it in your face like "I'm fine x1000"
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

linkenski wrote:
It's obviously just a nod to AJ and Polly likes the tune.

But for all we know they could still make the asspull that Apollo suddently knows about Lamiroir's real identity at the beginning of the next game... but i don't think this piece of music is an implication of anything as it stands right now, or they would hammer it in your face like "I'm fine x1000"

On a scale of being the butt of everyone's jokes to going emo and leaving the Agency, how will Apollo react once he learns his boss kept the truth from him all that time?

If he hits Phoenix again in an overly dramatic cutscene while yelling 'take that!', I would be so happy. Of course it's Thalassa's fault, but Phoenix should probably realize he's got a responsibility to his apprentice and to his daughter.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I know a lot of people would hate this, but I'd love to see Thalassa die in the game kinda like Misty died before Maya got to really meet her.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Thane wrote:
If he hits Phoenix again in an overly dramatic cutscene while yelling 'take that!', I would be so happy.
That would be so funny just from having that proverbial brick finally fall. Whatever way the scene would play out would just be icing.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

*sigh* Oh fine. I concede, but only because my attempt at a joke clearly went over all your heads.

Thane wrote:
On a scale of being the butt of everyone's jokes to going emo and leaving the Agency, how will Apollo react once he learns his boss kept the truth from him all that time?

If he hits Phoenix again in an overly dramatic cutscene while yelling 'take that!', I would be so happy. Of course it's Thalassa's fault, but Phoenix should probably realize he's got a responsibility to his apprentice and to his daughter.

I'd say somewhere in-between. He certainly wouldn't let it go just like that, but I doubt he'd swing on Lamiroir's cloak another jacket and leave again. I'd also like to see him take out his anger on Phoenix, but regardless, he shouldn't hold a grudge. What's the point of making him suspicious of a friend and becoming so depressing in this game, only to have him start it all over in another? Heck no. I was relieved to find out that Apollo didn't leave the agency permanently, and he sure isn't going to escape my, I mean, their watch again!

I'm sure Trucy would forgive Phoenix right away. She's such a good girl.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
*sigh* Oh fine. I concede, but only because my attempt at a joke clearly went over all your heads.

Thane wrote:

I'd say somewhere in-between. He certainly wouldn't let it go just like that, but I doubt he'd swing on Lamiroir's cloak another jacket and leave again. I'd also like to see him take out his anger on Phoenix, but regardless, he shouldn't hold a grudge. What's the point of making him suspicious of a friend and becoming so depressing in this game, only to have him start it all over in another? Heck no. I was relieved to find out that Apollo didn't leave the agency permanently, and he sure isn't going to escape my, I mean, their watch again!

I'm sure Trucy would forgive Phoenix right away. She's such a good girl.

You've got a point there...but it is as you say, he shouldn't just shrug it off. But how do you portray that in a game like this? I mean, they can't have an entire case where Phoenix and Apollo run around in complete silence due to Apollo's hurt feelings.

Heh, hopefully she would. Nothing seems to bring her down, after all...which is incredibly creepy.

I hope he wouldn't take it out on Phoenix.

Phoenix doesn't actually know that much about the Granmarye's, only about Thalassa's shooting and Magnifi's demise. Lamiroir seemed to be a little too worried about the person she was before she lost her memory, I'm thinking it could be a possibility that there's another dark secret in the Granmarye family, and that's why she abandoned Apollo (and didn't even tell her next husband or daughter about him), and why she said that the time would have to be right before she went to Apollo and Trucy.

Phoenix Soul wrote:

Phoenix doesn't actually know that much about the Granmarye's, only about Thalassa's shooting and Magnifi's demise. Lamiroir seemed to be a little too worried about the person she was before she lost her memory, I'm thinking it could be a possibility that there's another dark secret in the Granmarye family, and that's why she abandoned Apollo (and didn't even tell her next husband or daughter about him), and why she said that the time would have to be right before she went to Apollo and Trucy.

I'm having a hard time sympathizing with that. Apollo and Trucy constantly work together, but don't know they're related. Worse, Apollo's boss and Trucy's father KNOWS this, but doesn't say anything for well over a year. Phoenix doesn't have to know everything, but he's got a responsibility to tell them what he DOES know.

As for Thalassa...I don't know, the more she waits, the less believable her story becomes. Does she even care? When is the time right, and how would she know? I can't imagine what kind of story would keep her from telling her children they're related, and that she's alive.

The video game boy; the one who wins

Quote:
I mean, they can't have an entire case where Phoenix and Apollo run around in complete silence due to Apollo's hurt feelings.

I'd actually like that if it was well written. It could be either hilarious or heartbreaking. Like, a grumpy/silent and thoughtful Apollo and Phoenix trying to cheer him up, and the whole thing will eventually solve itself either by Phoenix presenting the right evidence or with a TAKE THAT!-Apollo-punch. xD

Quote:
I'm thinking it could be a possibility that there's another dark secret in the Granmarye family, and that's why she abandoned Apollo

I've always thought she did that because she got pregnant at a pretty young age (she's 18 years older than Apollo so she probably got pregnant at 17) and wasn't ready to become a parent at the time.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Thane wrote:
Phoenix Soul wrote:

I'm having a hard time sympathizing with that. Apollo and Trucy constantly work together, but don't know they're related. Worse, Apollo's boss and Trucy's father KNOWS this, but doesn't say anything for well over a year. Phoenix doesn't have to know everything, but he's got a responsibility to tell them what he DOES know.

As for Thalassa...I don't know, the more she waits, the less believable her story becomes. Does she even care? When is the time right, and how would she know? I can't imagine what kind of story would keep her from telling her children they're related, and that she's alive.

I kind of forgot to actually make my proper point in my previous post. :bellboy:

I think Phoenix knows that he's not aware of everything, and because of that, and out of respect for Thalassa, whom is, after all, Apollo and Trucy's biological mother, is keeping quiet. He may actually want to tell Apollo and Trucy the truth, especially after they've both suffered, but is hiding the truth for Thalassa/feels that it's not really his place to tell them.

As for Thalassa - I agree with you. Her actions in hiding Apollo suggest to me that she wanted to hide him from her family (though GoingforMiles idea is also very plausible), but at this point, who is there to hide him from? Magnifi and Zak are dead, and Valant is in prison.

There would really have to be a good explanation for why Thalassa is still hiding from her children. Basically, I hope that Apollo wouldn't really take it out on Phoenix, as the blame should really lie with Thalassa. I'm not saying it's right that Phoenix is hiding the truth, but I can at least partially see why he is.

Phoenix Soul wrote:
Thane wrote:
Phoenix Soul wrote:

I kind of forgot to actually make my proper point in my previous post. :bellboy:

I think Phoenix knows that he's not aware of everything, and because of that, and out of respect for Thalassa, whom is, after all, Apollo and Trucy's biological mother, is keeping quiet. He may actually want to tell Apollo and Trucy the truth, especially after they've both suffered, but is hiding the truth for Thalassa/feels that it's not really his place to tell them.

As for Thalassa - I agree with you. Her actions in hiding Apollo suggest to me that she wanted to hide him from her family (though GoingforMiles idea is also very plausible), but at this point, who is there to hide him from? Magnifi and Zak are dead, and Valant is in prison.

There would really have to be a good explanation for why Thalassa is still hiding from her children. Basically, I hope that Apollo wouldn't really take it out on Phoenix, as the blame should really lie with Thalassa. I'm not saying it's right that Phoenix is hiding the truth, but I can at least partially see why he is.

I quite agree that this is mainly Thalassa's mess, but her actions (or lack thereof) is something I simply don't understand, which is why I want Phoenix to step up as a boss and parent, and take responsibility. By now, Apollo has more than enough reason to get mad at Phoenix, even if he should direct his anger at Thalassa first.

Also, it doesn't matter what Thalassa thinks or feels; Phoenix is legally Trucy's father, and as such Thalassa's feelings can't dictate how he raises his daughter.

Thane wrote:
You've got a point there...but it is as you say, he shouldn't just shrug it off. But how do you portray that in a game like this? I mean, they can't have an entire case where Phoenix and Apollo run around in complete silence due to Apollo's hurt feelings.

Keep it to blue commentary. Don't make it into a big deal unless it's the topic of conversation. Let the playable character note that Apollo tries to avoid a certain topic. There's plenty to go with this.

Quote:
Heh, hopefully she would. Nothing seems to bring her down, after all...which is incredibly creepy.

It's called psychological barricading (okay, no it's not, but it's something like it); building up your defense against onslaughts of mental warfare. Trucy had mastered it since a young age; Phoenix later picked up on it. Maya had a relatively weaker version of it.

...I'm not sure what I'm talking about anymore.

Fuuuuuuuudge! - Phoenix Wright

The ringtone seems just like a nod to the game. I guess they, at least, referenced it, not like the Juror System, that just got forgotten.

I hope they would resolve Apollo's storyline in the future. It would be cool if his father would become important in the plot or something.
Page 1 of 1 [ 24 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)