Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 27 posts ]

Anyone else think it was a nice touch when....(5-5 SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Resident Bookworm

Apollo used Kristophisms when he was on the witness stand? It took a bit for it to click but the mannerisms and 'EVIDENCE ABOVE ALL' logic just screamed Kristoph.

Despite what Kristoph did, he WAS Apollo's mentor for a long while. Some of it had to stick, especially since Kristoph wasn't 'evil' to Apollo before 4-1, and that's not necessarily a bad thing since it helps differentiate Apollo and Phoenix.
Re: Anyone else think it was a nice touch when....(5-5 SPOILTopic%20Title

I do like that Apollo keeps some of Kristoph's influence.

But I'm wondering, is "evidence is everything" really something specific to Kristoph? I remember seeing this sentence several times in GK2...

"Evidence is everything in court...now use that obscure piece of technology and tell me what that witness was feeling when he attended the victim's funeral!"

The video game boy; the one who wins

Oh yes. I didn't think of it myself, but I thought it was brilliant, especially since that already was one of my favourite moments in the game. :violin:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

You're not the first one to point it out, but I will say it was indeed nice little touch. I only realized it after I saw an image which first shows a screenshot of Apollo at the stand and then one of Kristoph pointing out they were basically in the same pose.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thane wrote:
"Evidence is everything in court...now use that obscure piece of technology and tell me what that witness was feeling when he attended the victim's funeral!"

"He was feeling happy! He HAS to be the killer!"
"Actually, I'm just laughing to myself about this whole situation."
"You think this is FUNNY? I find your face FUNNY, that's what! Hahaha!"
"........"
"...Have we suddenly retracted back to grade school, Wright?"
"I too have to wonder just what's so funny, Mr. Wright."
"Boss, are you feeling alright?"
"...Um, Mr. Wright? Could you please be more serious here?"
"...I'm sorry. I promise not to be the funnyman in court anymore."
"You should also take this penalty. It'd be more interesting that way."
"*sigh*"
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Gettin' Old!

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Thane wrote:

"He was feeling happy! He HAS to be the killer!"
"Actually, I'm just laughing to myself about this whole situation."
"You think this is FUNNY? I find your face FUNNY, that's what! Hahaha!"
"........"
"...Have we suddenly retracted back to grade school, Wright?"
"I too have to wonder just what's so funny, Mr. Wright."
"Boss, are you feeling alright?"
"...Um, Mr. Wright? Could you please be more serious here?"
"...I'm sorry. I promise not to be the funnyman in court anymore."
"You should also take this penalty. It'd be more interesting that way."
"*sigh*"

This conversation is wrong.

There's no penalties with the mood matrix...apparently it's so not-suited-to-the-courtroom it doesn't get penalties even.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Judge's words ring true. The Mood Matrix would be more interesting with penalties.

Joking aside, I do wish the next game uses that concept of "Evidence is everything" with a little more thought. The last case of this game felt more like the end of a play, rather than the end of a long-prolonged issue. Besides, the best kinds of entrapment are those which use the power of the law to corner those who abuse its loopholes.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Apollon Flame

I can't remember in the cases of GS5 and GK2, but in fangames the true perpetrators would be a nuisance, rapidly spouting:

Where's your evidence?! HOW could I have done that? WHY? WHEN? If I did that, why I wouldn't I do this or that over yonder blablabla
A King

in name

alone...

Expert bluffer

That pose of Apollo's with his arms folded reminded me of Kristoph. And it wasn't just me, lots of others already said so as well.

As for the Mood Matrix, well, I think there was a better way to put Athena's analytical psychology skills to use than that...especially when the phrase 'evidence is everything' is being stressed.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

Apollon Flame

DragonCactus wrote:
That pose of Apollo's with his arms folded reminded me of Kristoph. And it wasn't just me, lots of others already said so as well.

As for the Mood Matrix, well, I think there was a better way to put Athena's analytical psychology skills to use than that...especially when the phrase 'evidence is everything' is being stressed.

Woah... I had never made that connection between the poses. Thanks for sharing, it's actually made Apollo deeper. 0,.o
A King

in name

alone...

Since no one answered my previous question, and since I keep seeing people saying that Apollo's line "evidence is everything" is a reference to Kristoph, I looked myself. I searched the sentence "evidence is everything", (to be more precise, "証拠がすべて"), in the games' scripts. I found:
- 2 instances in GS1
- 1 instance in GS2
- 1 instance in GS4
- 2 instances in GK1
- 5 instances in GK2

Specifically:
Spoiler:
GS1 case 2

<Edgeworth>
法廷では、証拠がすべてなのだよ。
‥‥覚えておくといい。
In the courtroom, proof is
everything. Without it, you
have nothing. You ARE nothing.

GS1 case 5

<Ema>
検事さんの世界では、
証拠がすべてじゃないんですか!
These are prosecutors we're
talking about! Evidence is
everything to them!

GS2 case 3

<von Karma>
この社会は証拠がすべて。
‥‥学校で習わなかったの!
Proof is everything in this
world! You should have learned
that back in grade school!!

GS4 case 4

<Kristoph>
‥‥法廷は、証拠がすべて。
それだけのこと、なのですよ。
...Evidence is everything.
There is nothing more.

GK1 case 1

<Portsman>
“証拠がすべて”なのは,
法廷に限ったことじゃないよ。
The saying, "Evidence is
everything" isn't limited to
just the courtroom, you know.

GK1 case 4

<Franziska>
そうね。
でも狩魔の戦いは証拠がすべて。
I suppose. But to a Von
Karma, evidence is the only
thing that carries any weight.

GK2 case 1

<Edgeworth>
(フッ。法廷では証拠がすべて‥‥
_この私が証拠を疑うとはな)

GK2 case 3

<Gregory>
“法廷では、証拠がすべてを語る”
‥‥そうでしょう?_狩魔検事。

GK2 case 4

<Mikagami>
法廷も現場も証拠がすべて。
‥‥お話になりませんわ。

GK2 case 4

<von Karma>
忘れているようね、御剣_怜侍。
法廷では証拠がすべて。

GK2 case 5

<Marie>
“法廷では、証拠がすべて”
ちがったかしら?

So, this sentence is not uncommon so I'm not sure it was really a reference to Kristoph (but I'm not sure it wasn't either...)

Thanks, that's informative to know. How many times has "Everything is evidence" shown up?

I think it was? After all, Kristoph was his mentor... In addition to smile, all the "thump" noises and text appearing in red, it's hardly not a shoutout

However, I wonder how many times it shown up in GS5?

[Whip the cream!]

I really liked it, a truly nice touch! I mean, even though the man was depraved, he must have had some influence on Apollo.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

WaitingforGodot wrote:
I really liked it, a truly nice touch! I mean, even though the man was depraved, he must have had some influence on Apollo.

I was hoping they could explore that further instead of having Apollo accepting what Phoenix said without a shred of proof and going back to his side just like that.

With healed arms too. IVs are OP.

Yeah, it went a little too fast. But now we're getting to know what he's made of :apollo:

GoingforMiles wrote:
Yeah, it went a little too fast. But now we're getting to know what he's made of :apollo:

A wet noodle for a spine? A brain made of 50% emo? A sad future career that'll forever be linked and inferior to Athena's?

I could go on, but I won't.

[Whip the cream!]

Thane wrote:
WaitingforGodot wrote:

I was hoping they could explore that further instead of having Apollo accepting what Phoenix said without a shred of proof and going back to his side just like that.

With healed arms too. IVs are OP.

Well, that I fully agree with!

Thane wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

A wet noodle for a spine? A brain made of 50% emo? A sad future career that'll forever be linked and inferior to Athena's?

Image No.

I meant before he changed his mind. That moment sets him apart from the others and shows a bit more of how he thinks and what trust is for him. And yeah, he switched side quickly, etc. etc., that's why I said "getting to know" instead of "got to know" because I hope they will expand on this part of him further next time. And I believe I said myself I thought it went a little too fast.

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

That's exactly what I had thought of him when he made that Kristophish grin. I was beginning to fear he would be some sort of traitor and become a villain. Gladly, it didn't happen.
ImageImageImage

Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!

GoingforMiles wrote:
Thane wrote:
GoingforMiles wrote:

Image No.

I meant before he changed his mind. That moment sets him apart from the others and shows a bit more of how he thinks and what trust is for him. And yeah, he switched side quickly, etc. etc., that's why I said "getting to know" instead of "got to know" because I hope they will expand on this part of him further next time. And I believe I said myself I thought it went a little too fast.

What Thane means is, it isn't the fact that he did it, but the fact that he wasn't able to go through with it, which in my opinion, and what seems to be Thane's opinion, shows that he really isn't able to do anything on his own, and he's hopelessly lost when he is alone. Again, it all depends on interpretation, and I don't want to get into a big argument about it, because both sides have debated this in other threads at length.

WaitingforGodot wrote:

After all, even though Kristoph was a monster inside, he was still a great lawyer. I think Apollo would be wrong to ditch everything Kristoph taught him.

[Whip the cream!]

Jozerick wrote:
WaitingforGodot wrote:

After all, even though Kristoph was a monster inside, he was still a great lawyer. I think Apollo would be wrong to ditch everything Kristoph taught him.

Yes, exactly.

zpattack12 wrote:
What Thane means is, it isn't the fact that he did it, but the fact that he wasn't able to go through with it, which in my opinion, and what seems to be Thane's opinion, shows that he really isn't able to do anything on his own, and he's hopelessly lost when he is alone. Again, it all depends on interpretation, and I don't want to get into a big argument about it, because both sides have debated this in other threads at length.

I understand what Thane meant, what I meant is that even though he dropped it too quickly, which I've commented on myself, it shows potential and that he thinks differently. I don't think the developers meant to make Apollo a person who can't achieve things alone, it felt more like cowardness on their behalf, they should've taken it all the way. Even though one might argue that it was bad for Apollo's character, I think the conflict, while it lasted, shows what he might be able to do in the future if he gets the chance, and while he wanted to trust Athena, he still took a stand against Phoenix' "NooOooOo she's my friend and my friends aren't physially capable of killing"-way of trusting. (Also, considering everything that had happened to him recently I think it's natural that he's a bit irrational and all over the place, but that might not be what the developers had in mind, it's just my interpretation of it and I won't use that as an argument.) And, just to make it clear: I agree that he changed sides too quickly and without any proper reason to do so.

Jozerick wrote:
WaitingforGodot wrote:

I still find Kristoph the superior mentor than Phoenix. Phoenix didn't do crap about Apollo's growth and even left him alone to figure things out on his own. (To be fair, that's what Mia would have done too.) In the end, Apollo simply stuck with what he was most comfortable with.

After all, it was these guys who robbed him of his job and gave him another in a then-just-as-controversial position that later turned out to be better in the long run... sort of. I mean, he's not quite getting paid so much, but... All the more minions to serve the great lord Phoenix.

Plus, there's Trucy and Pearl. Who wouldn't want to hang out with them? :3

[Whip the cream!]

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
I still find Kristoph the superior mentor than Phoenix. Phoenix didn't do crap about Apollo's growth and even left him alone to figure things out on his own. (To be fair, that's what Mia would have done too.) In the end, Apollo simply stuck with what he was most comfortable with.

Yes, that's true!
Page 1 of 1 [ 27 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)