Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 2 of 2[ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 


Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 7320

Pierre wrote:
Spoiler:
Actually for me it was her name that was the biggest hint. Robin is a completely unisex name, there's not too many like that so it made me a little curious.


Ah seeing that concept art of Robin smashing a plate just makes me remember how AWWWWEEESSSOOMMMMEEEEE Robin is!

Spoiler:
Exactly. I was actually so convinced she was a girl I was surprised when they called her "he". :udgey:

Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14138

I actually thought it was sort of awesome his hobby.

I mean for a mega-testosterone fueled guy to be doing pottery and art which seems quite a feminine thing (well at least to me) when they could have made him have like sports as a hobby. I thought it was nice of them to break the mold a little with him.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:28 am

Posts: 38

The moment that it hit me, what it was that they were leading to in that therapy session with Robin, I immediately thought: This is one of the best twists in the history of the franchise. I think I even said it out loud to myself at the time.

And I stand by that. It was incredibly clever.

(But I do wish that Robin wouldn't spend so much time telling us how to S-P-E-L-L.)
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Athena Internet Defense Force

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:14 pm

Posts: 658

I never got my P-E-E-K... :hotti:
Image
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Lunchland Employee

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:01 am

Posts: 15

I loved Robin. We've never had a character like her. I thought the twist with her character, and the contrast between her fake and real persona, was genius. It made me genuinely happy to see her so liberated. Since she never got the chance to live as a girl until the trial, the extremeness of her character makes sense - she is playing with femininity for the first time, shuttling to extremes because she's never been allowed to before. It was really heartwarming.

I agree that it should have been fleshed out a little more after the revelation, but if Robin was ready to tell everyone anyway, her contentment makes sense.
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2781

So what was up with the chest brace? Was it there as an tool for strength training, or was it just there to help keep the 'girls' down?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14138

Adrian in black wrote:
So what was up with the chest brace? Was it there as an tool for strength training, or was it just there to help keep the 'girls' down?


Both, strains his muscles and keeps it hidden.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Heh heh.

Gender: Female

Location: Japanifornia, CA.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:38 am

Posts: 223

Spoiler: Are we still spoiler tagging?
As someone who sees and draws a lot of girly-looking anime men, I entirely missed Robin's feminine appearance until one day I felt like doodling some old characters... One of which was a rather flat-chested princess whose most feminine feature when I first designed her was her eyes. Which. Looked. Exactly. Like. Robin's.

... Yeah. I felt stupid afterwards. ... At least I figured it out before I reached the trial? :nick-sweat:


ROBIN'S THE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!... Er, you know what I mean. :oops: Quite possibly my favorite in the new cast. I kind of hope Robin shows up again as Edgeworth's new prosecutor protege or something... No, scratch that, Franziska's. :franny:
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 7320

9mayasato9 wrote:
ROBIN'S THE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!... Er, you know what I mean. :oops: Quite possibly my favorite in the new cast. I kind of hope Robin shows up again as Edgeworth's new prosecutor protege or something... No, scratch that, Franziska's. :franny:


Ohh! I would love to see that happening! Both to see more of Robin, and to see how Robin and Franziska would interact.

solastalgia wrote:
I loved Robin. We've never had a character like her. I thought the twist with her character, and the contrast between her fake and real persona, was genius. It made me genuinely happy to see her so liberated. Since she never got the chance to live as a girl until the trial, the extremeness of her character makes sense - she is playing with femininity for the first time, shuttling to extremes because she's never been allowed to before. It was really heartwarming.

I agree that it should have been fleshed out a little more after the revelation, but if Robin was ready to tell everyone anyway, her contentment makes sense.


I agree, it was absolutely endearing! And I like that, even though there was a contrast, her personality wasn't completely changed. She was still Robin, albeit more "feminine", she could still be loud and shout and act like her "masculine" self, even though it was toned down.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Seeker of Truth

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm

Posts: 328

Spoiler:
I didn't like 'him' initially, as I found 'him to be slightly REALLY obnoxious. But when he was revealed to be a girl... after that point she simply grew on me :phoenix: I just find her to be a cute, funny, and likable character overall, though in real life I would probably get tired of the constant shouting pretty quick MAAAAAAAN! :trucy:

"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gumshoe's secret admirer

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Posts: 21

Pierre wrote:
Robin Newman is A FINE EXAMPLE OF A MAAAAAAAAAN!!

I ABSOLUTELY LOOVVVVVVVVEEE HIS AWESOME INTENSITY IN THE COURTROOM!


Spoiler:
Robin alone made Dual Destinies for me. She's just such a lovable character, and I hope she returns amongst her trio of buddies in a future case. :D

"Why yes! The post office is over there. Good day sir!"
"Mirror mirror, on the wall. Who's the smartest one of all? Wiiiiidget!"

Warning: This account is SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected.
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 7320

Daxter wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Robin Newman is A FINE EXAMPLE OF A MAAAAAAAAAN!!

I ABSOLUTELY LOOVVVVVVVVEEE HIS AWESOME INTENSITY IN THE COURTROOM!


Spoiler:
Robin alone made Dual Destinies for me. She's just such a lovable character, and I hope she returns amongst her trio of buddies in a future case. :D


Spoiler:
Yes! It would be very sad if that was the last we saw of her and her buddies!

Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Posts: 176

When I first saw him, I swore he was the second coming of Apollo.

Spoiler:
Now, I just think she's the (hot) Rule 63 of Apollo.
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Posts: 7

Imagine if the trio become protagonists in a future game....
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Forensic Investigator

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:38 am

Posts: 19

Robin's the MAAAAAAAN, MAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Spoiler: JFA and DD spoilers plus personal rant ahoy!
But seriously though, I love this character a lot. Speaking as a transman here, the fact that my community even got so much as a symbolic nod in this game series means so much to me. Not only that, but she's just really endearing to me. I love hot-blooded characters in my anime, and having her alternate between being so hot-blooded and absolutely girlish over her art is a lot of fun. I think the hypermasculinity/femininity comes as a result of having to try so hard to 'pass' and not being able to nurture her feminine side.

Actually, that struggle really speaks to me, as I'm somewhat of an effeminate transman. Which, stereotypically speaking, doesn't exist in my community. I feel like, in order to be taken seriously as a man, I have to act in a similar way to Robin's 'boy' persona, while abolishing and hiding all traces of the 'girl' persona. Which really sucks.

And speaking as someone who binds- lemme tell ya, that brace IS the cause of a lot of anger! Trying to bind the girls down flat is darn near impossible if you have anything sizeable and a highly frustrating experience that even then does not guarantee passable results.

As far as the outing on the stand is concerned... yeah, that left a little of a bad taste in my mouth. Though, admittedly, I was expecting the whole trope to be played for laughs as this is the sort of thing Japan has a tendency to play for sheer hilarity over seriousness. But then, at the same time, the amount of weight and gravity given to the attempted outing of Adrian Andrews' mental condition in Justice For All set me up to expect a lot more respect towards this issue. So I was a little disappointed. Not offended, just. Disappointed.


All seriousness aside, yes. I would VERY much like the three friends to be the stars of a future game. Cool, collected Defense Attorney Hugh, Hot-Blooded Prosecutor Robin and the fair Judge Juniper Woods. Can we, please?
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

"Eggs?"

Gender: Female

Location: Lurking through the forum...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 am

Posts: 586

Spoiler: MMMMMMM
When it comes to Robin... he *ahem* SHE is my second favorite character in Dual Destinies. In a way, she reflects me, minus the whole "I'm a guy" charade. I'm really loud at times, I can be really sweet when I want to, I'm artistic, and I might (JUST MIGHT) want to be a prosecutor. In short, she really is a close second when it comes to my faves.

And if you were wondering... I have two number one favorite charachers. *cough*lookatmynameitsaysBlackquillz*cough* and my third favorite would have to be Apollo.

I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Procrastinator

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:55 am

Posts: 36

The characters, including Robin of course, are really what makes Turnabout Academy in my opinion. Hopefully we'll get to see more of him and the other gang in a future Ace Attorney game or spin off (Hugh O'Conner Ace Attorney anyone?)
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7717

Three takes on Robin's character and her presentation in the game.

http://fucknovideogames.tumblr.com/post/65180020197/transphobia-in-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual
http://laurakbuzz.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/why-i-think-dual-destinies-is-incredibly-gender-progressive/
http://androgynousanime.blogspot.se/2014/03/robin-newman-ace-attorney-and-bipolar.html
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

Spoiler: Big rant
Uegh, regarding the first, gender and all "social justice" topics are extremely annoying like this.

Trying to force people to accept everything, like you have any right to dictate what others should think or feel about you or what you're doing. Forbidding anything that somehow offends you, despite not being an attack.

You have rights to have equal rights. That's it. That was neither a condemnation, nor a mockery, just some fun with fictional characters, but some must just soo sensitive to consider it "offensive". They are so close-minded behind that stupid shell. Kinda ironic, since they call that literally everyone who doesn't share their view.

Another reason I hate humanity.

Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7717

Spoiler:
A little respect and validation as a human being isn't that much to ask for, though. Of course it's impossible to dictate what other people think and feel about you but if those thoughts and feelings are based on prejudice or a shitty view of humans the very least they could do is not to act upon them. Also, fiction and fictional characters don't exist in a vacuum, and neither does the ideas that inspire them. When it comes to Robin, I wouldn't say it was a condemnation either (then again, I'm not trans, and neither is Robin, but she did live kind of like a transwoman). I did however think it was interesting how there are both people who think the dealing with Robin was respectively transphobic and transprogressive.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Y'know

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Posts: 787

Spoiler:
Except there really isn't much of disrespect like that these days, and when it is, it violates the law and human rights. Not to mention that most of the times, it's just over-sensitivity.

Really, the one case I can remember in which it was actually something that mattered was when someone was killed. But other times, it was people getting butthurt over video games and cosplays, even despite the fact that members of relevant minorities were speaking up in defense of supposedly "offensive" material. That much is really messed up.

Another thing I do have problem is that in some cases becoming different seems to give privileges instead of equality these days, because everyone is so scared of having trouble in case they might offend you.

The more controversial closing the doors before you is, the bigger chances of success you have, which I myself strongly believe is, say, last Eurovision. About which I don't want to talk more, nor want to speak of the individual in question - focus on earlier paragraphs if at all possible...

Man, this is getting just like Tumblr. We should stop, I'm starting to get annoyed at myself for bringing something like this here. Good thing it's spoilered, at least. :ron:

I myself am not sure what to think about Robin. She was fun, but I do feel like she didn't inspire nearly as much love from me as it did from others. Maybe I just didn't exactly like her playful attitude on a trial about the murder of her teacher, with her friend charged of her murder...
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7717

I was just about to make the guess that your comprehension of the term "social justice" comes from Tumblr. :sahwit: I think the general tumblr mentality is "problematic" as they love to say, but I do hope that you misunderstood what I was getting at in the spoiler tag, otherwise you scare me.

I did find Robin rather sweet and fun, but I'm not head over heels with her either. I think she was more of an interesting concept than an interesting person, and somewhat flat (no pun intended) when they could've done more with her character.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Pitching in on the "social justice" thing... I've had a few occasions where I called someone a girl and was scolded how insensitive I am for not respecting this person for thinking she's of the gender of cosmic fairies or something like that.
It's highly annoying to be called insensitive/offensive when you just act normally and respectfully. To be told you're doing things wrong when, really, you're not doing things wrong at all and even try to do it as right as sanely possible. And this is mostly because of these so-called "social justice warriors" who only make matters worse than they actually are. They are the people who make problems where there are none.

On a parallel topic... In the same way, I believe anti-racism is worse than actual racism because it seems much more widespread and propagates the problem more than the actual racism. (By anti-racism, I am talking about the people who think everything is racist and actively try to combat it.) ...But maybe that's a can of worm I shouldn't open. I just needed to rant a little as well... My apologies.
Image
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7717

That's a nice strawman you've got there. Have something to say about Robin instead of pitching in on the off-topic discussion we were just trying to give up on?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

GoingforMiles wrote:
That's a nice strawman you've got there. Have something to say about Robin instead of pitching in on the off-topic discussion we were just trying to give up on?

I don't at all see how it is a strawman... It wasn't even so much an argument (though if people wanted to argue about it, I wouldn't have stopped them.)
As for why I am getting the flak for going off-topic while I didn't even cause it... That baffles me a little.
But sure, thanks for trying to negate my post completely...

Spoiler:
Also, for some reason, typing here goes with the speed of about 1 letter per second right now... Strange (and annoying).

Image
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7717

Yeah, I did try to negate it because it annoyed me so I didn't feel like just leaving it without talking back, but I didn't see the point in making something of the "reverse rascism is worse than actual rascism" and the "cosmic fairy" stuff either.

And I never said the off-topic thing happening was your fault, but after it had been pointed out and wrapped up to go back to topic it just felt unnecessary to burst in and pick it up again... although mostly me wanting to be haughty. :eh?:

Okay, yeah, I know, now I'm the one still being off-topic. So this will be the last thing I say here unless it's about Robin.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

GoingforMiles wrote:
Yeah, I did try to negate it because it annoyed me so I didn't feel like just leaving it without talking back, but I didn't see the point in making something of the "reverse rascism is worse than actual rascism" and the "cosmic fairy" stuff either.

And I never said the off-topic thing happening was your fault, but after it had been pointed out and wrapped up to go back to topic it just felt unnecessary to burst in and pick it up again... although mostly me wanting to be haughty. :eh?:

Okay, yeah, I know, now I'm the one still being off-topic. So this will be the last thing I say here unless it's about Robin.

I think the best thing you could've done was to report it for being off topic... But now you came off sort of condescending, especially with the false accusation.
I mentioned that the anti-racism thing isn't something relevant (though it was a parallel topic), but that I simply needed that out of my system. I understand that this isn't exactly the right place for it, so I actually would've understood it if you had reported it, but not calling me out on it.
As for the cosmic fairy thing, that was in reply to the topic about genders and the social justice warriors. While the people who called me insensitive/offensive didn't actually identify themselves as cosmic fairies (I don't exactly remember what it was), it was certainly something equally silly, which is why I used that term.

But I do agree that it is getting REALLY off topic now, so I'll actually say something about Robin now! (Gasp!)

I did like Robin as a character. She was funny, though I saw the plot twist coming from a mile away. When I saw Robin introduced as a guy, I thought 'he' looked a bit feminine... And having a unisex name, I figured that one of the plot twists would be that she was a girl. That certainly made the whole mood matrix stuff even easier than it was already.
As for how it was handled... I'd say it was poorly so. I mean, switching between personalities like that... like others have pointed out, that's some cause for concern. And they really could've given us a better reason as to why Robin was forced to be a guy in the first place, because now this just seemed like a convenient plot device (existing solely for the plot) that didn't even go anywhere.
Image
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 861

Spoiler: Robin images
Image
Image
Image


Oh, Tumblr. The place where trigger warnings are everywhere and everything is offensive.
Spoiler:
We figure out Robin is female not because she likes frilly clothes, but because she exhibits a large amount of anger to the brace, which Robin refers to as "masculine." If the player selects the "You like to dress like a girl" choice, you get this:

Athena: "Robin Newman! You like to dress like a girl!"

Robin: "That's right! And I'm never gonna change! I'll show you how real men cross-dress!!!"

This doesn't work because 1: Robin isn't lying, and 2: she still insists on being male. And I don't know where they get the transgendered stuff from. Maybe I'm just being ignant. If characters were girls because they like frills, then Edgeworth is obviously a lady.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM HERE, MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

11037
Re: Robin Newman: The MAAAAANLIEST!!! {SPOILERS}Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7717

MBr wrote:
Oh, Tumblr. The place where trigger warnings are everywhere and everything is offensive.
Spoiler:
We figure out Robin is female not because she likes frilly clothes, but because she exhibits a large amount of anger to the brace, which Robin refers to as "masculine." If the player selects the "You like to dress like a girl" choice, you get this:

Athena: "Robin Newman! You like to dress like a girl!"

Robin: "That's right! And I'm never gonna change! I'll show you how real men cross-dress!!!"

This doesn't work because 1: Robin isn't lying, and 2: she still insists on being male. And I don't know where they get the transgendered stuff from. Maybe I'm just being ignant. If characters were girls because they like frills, then Edgeworth is obviously a lady.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM HERE, MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!


Tumblr... </3 Yeah, that's right. The frilly clothes part was just the starting point, leading to the discovery of the brace anger which lead to the conclusion.

"The transgendered stuff" isn't suggesting Robin herself is trans, rather on a symbolic level, because Robin's life was kind of like a transwoman "in the closet" so to speak, like, she keeps up a facade and everyone sees her as a man even though deep down she knows she's a woman and wishes to be able to express it. Not sure if Capcom even made the connection, but imagine Robin with a dick and without the boobs and the brace and the rest would still work.

I thought it was interesting how people could both write off Robin's characer as transphobic and trans progressive, but I felt like the one who wrote about transphobia was pointing to the completely wrong things, like that with the frilly clothes and "Capcom suggests Robin only pretended to be a girl", well yeah, she was? I mean, I would've understood if they'd had an issue with the outing, but other than that? Nah.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 2 of 2 [ 69 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO