Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 1[ 28 posts ]

Favorite Non-Main AA CharactersTopic%20Title

A Seeker of Truth

When discussing favorite Ace Attorney characters, a lot of the time our fallback answers are usually the ones that end up taking the spotlight in their respective games. They vary from person to person of course - some characters such as Franziska, Godot and Athena are people's favorite in the series, while others REALLY don't like them- and not EVERYONE'S favorite characters happens to be a main character, but generally speaking most of us (myself included) generally place the Ace Attorney 'superstars' as our personal favorites. There's nothing wrong with this of course, but I feel like it'd be interesting to see what people's favorite 'minor' Ace Attorney characters are. They can be supporting characters, villains or heck, even victims, and it doesn't matter TOO much if they're recurring; so long as they aren't a defense attorney, prosecutor, judge, detective (well, none that show up in more then one case, anyways), sidekick or a lone wolf (a.k.a Shi-Long Lang, who fits into NONE of these categories), anyone's fair game. And with that, let the discussion begin! :redd:

---

Let's see, I'd say my three favorite characters who don't take the spotlight are Maggey Bryde, Robin Newman, and Angel Starr; I could name others, but those were the first three to pop into my head. I like Maggey because essentially, she's like a female Dick Gumshoe, only much more unlucky; for some reason, I find a female Gumshoe-ish personality to be quite cute :maggey: I like Robin Newman because
Spoiler: DD Case 3
I love her plot twist, and I find that her tomboyish traits mixed with her overtly feminine ones makes her a pretty fun character.
Finally, I like Angel Starr because... I dunno, I just find her charismatic. She can be both sweet and cold, devoted and fiercely independant, charming and standoffish; she has a bunch of character traits that seemingly contradict each other, but in my eyes makes her all the more compelling.

...and yes, I realize most of my favorites are all girls; so sue me :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Re: Favorite Non-Main AA CharactersTopic%20Title

The video game boy; the one who wins

For DD, it's definitely Dr. Crab and Myriam Scuttlebutt. In the other games I like Gant, Shigaraki (especially his young self), Cammy Meele, Calisto, Shih-na, Lauren Paups and Tyrell Badd.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Oldbag. I'm not kidding. I don't think anyone really likes her, but she's so embedded in the AA canon. She's like the weird family member that you have to indulge sometimes, no matter how uncomfortable she may make everyone else. I think she's hilarious.

... Then again, there's pretty much nothing from the first three games that really bothers me.

Also: Misty Fey, Vera Misham, Will Powers, Lotta Hart, Lamiroir, Maggey Byrde, the DeLites, Damian and Jinxie Tenma, Robin Newman, Yuri Cosmos.

I'd have to say Wendy Oldbag, Lotta Hart, Maggey Byrde, Viola Cadaverini, Director Hotti, Bikini, Lamiroir, Spark Brushel, Robin Newman, Colias Palaeno and...Moe the clown (even though he can be really annoying).

I like Lamiroir and Colias Palaeno because they actually gave help to the protagonists of the games, rather than hindering them.
Maggey is always really cheerful, even if she has terrible luck, and I think it's nice that Gumshoe has someone who actually respects him. :sadshoe:
I like funny characters a lot, so Director Hotti, Bikini, Spark Brushel and Moe are all favourites, even if they can be a tad grating at times. I think I especially like Bikini. I also like Viola because of how she scares everyone around her, despite how frail she is.
Wendy Oldbag and Lotta Hart are the recurring characters I like the best, again despite all the trouble they cause. :wendy:
Robin I like for the reasons most people have mentioned.
Spoiler: DD Case 3
I never expected that twist, but retrospectively I can see there were probably quite a few signs.

Coyote wrote:
Oldbag. I'm not kidding. I don't think anyone really likes her, but she's so embedded in the AA canon. She's like the weird family member that you have to indulge sometimes, no matter how uncomfortable she may make everyone else. I think she's hilarious.

I actually really like Oldbag. Sure, she can be annoying at times, but I always feel really entertained when she appears. I like how she annoys Edgeworth. I think that makes her one of the funniest side characters, which are always my favourites.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Coyote wrote:

... Then again, there's pretty much nothing from the first three games that really bothers me.

Also: Misty Fey, Vera Misham, Will Powers, Lotta Hart, Lamiroir, Maggey Byrde, the DeLites, Damian and Jinxie Tenma, Robin Newman, Yuri Cosmos.

I was going to post my opinions, but it looks like someone has said pretty much everything for me. Thanks.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Gardevoir lover

Let's see, of the top of my head.
Robin Newman, Lauren Paups, Maggey byrde, Adrian andrew and Herman Crab.
...You shouldn't be surprised that most of these are women, not a lot of the Ace attorney males grab my attention.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Oh my goodness, Ron and Dessie. I feel quite bad for forgetting them. :ron:

A Seeker of Truth

I'm honestly a little surprised how many times I've spotted people mentioning Oldbag thus far, given that she's a windy old chatterbox and a stalker besides. However I must confess, I like her well enough too; she's just a humorously cantakerous character that, though she'll never be a favorite, always sticks out in my mind :phoenix: Plus she's the only recurring character to appear in each game of the Phoenix Wright Trilogy, so that's got to count for something, right? :phoenix:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

1000% Knight

In DD, it's Crabs.

For the series as a whole...

gee, I wonder
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Bad Player wrote:
In DD, it's Crabs.

gee, I wonder

あ、わかった、名前はナイトリーさんじゃないか?(´∀`。)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Bad Player wrote:
In DD, it's Crabs.

gee, I wonder

Hmm...

Klavier?

1000% Knight

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
In DD, it's Crabs.

gee, I wonder

あ、わかった、名前はナイトリーさんじゃないか?(´∀`。)

またそれかぁ?!

Y'know

JesusMonroe wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
In DD, it's Crabs.

gee, I wonder

Hmm... Klavier?

Nah, it's definitely Athena.

The law is full of contradictions.

Maggey Byrde, Orla, Robin Newman, Sasha Buckler, and Shoe. :shoe:
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Ace Explorer

Nearavex wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
In DD, it's Crabs.

gee, I wonder

Hmm... Klavier?

Nah, it's definitely Athena.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's Cody.
Well? Are we going or what?

A Seeker of Truth

Bad Player wrote:
In DD, it's Crabs.

gee, I wonder

How the HECK did I forget Crabs? :payne: That doctor is just all kinds of cool; good call there :apollo: The favorite character gag has ran through this thread for a bit, so I'm not going to bother adding onto it.... well, other then saying that I'm PRETTY sure it's not Athena :phoenix:

While I'm at it, I have another to add to my list (though depending on your viewpoint it might be cheating); Gregory Edgeworth :gregory: The reason why... well, just play through AAI2's third case and you'll see what I mean :trucy:

:)

Orla Shipley

Such a cute and adorable little thing.

Shi Long Lang is my personal favorite, I guess i'd say Furio Tigre is my 2nd favorite just because we share our hatred of Circular Watches and most importantly SQUARE WATCHES!

Isn't Shi-Long Lang main? He was on the cover of the game. If you want to say underrated, then yeah, I agree. I love that guy

I've said this before but I love Valant. I feel like Takumi "accidentally" created an amazing character with him. Also, Shimon Aizawa

1000% Knight

Maleel wrote:
Shi Long Lang is my personal favorite, I guess i'd say Furio Tigre is my 2nd favorite just because we share our hatred of Circular Watches and most importantly SQUARE WATCHES!

Also cleavage :hotti:

[Whip the cream!]

In Dual Destinies: Mayor Tenma and Dr. Crab. As for the other games I love Bikini, Adrian, Kristoph, Ron, Badd and Shigaraki.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Hold on, let me ask my manager.

Some of my favorites are Matt Engarde, Kristoph Gavin(does he count as main?) Damon Gant,
Spoiler: DD spoiler
Phantom "Fulbright"(when he's not in Fulbright's persona)

I guess I just like bad guys.

"Eggs?"

My faves would have to be (from DD) Robin Newman, Aura Blackquill (she's not a main charchter, right?), and Dr. Crab. And my most favorite?
Spoiler: Kind of main charachter...?
Yuri Cosmos! Just hearing his name gets me to laugh, all because of that one image forever imprinted into my mind of him spazzing out and losing his stars while his scooter goes haywire. Don't forget, kids, he's the center of the cosmos - and apparently a big fat liar too.

As for my favorite non-main characters altogether... that's gonna take a while, so I just... won't say them.
*cough* Oldbag *cough* :wendy:
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

For DD, it's definitely Dr. Crab.
Spoiler: 5-DLC
Honestly I was kinda impatient when I played the first day of Turnabout Reclaimed a few days ago because I knew he wouldn't show up until the second. I love me some grumpy characters and this one is actually an absolute darling. I like how blunt and straightforward he is both in attitude and moral, that he's not "picking sides" but willing to share his information with whoever asks for it, and that when he finally admits to breaking the law for the benefit of the aquarium animals, he's prepared to take the consequences if it gets mentioned in court and he doesn't think less of Phoenix for doing his job involving possibly bringing it up.

I ended up liking Sasha Buckler and Robin Newman way more this time around, I liked them enough in 2013, but especially Sasha I didn't remember much about and I find them both amazing. They're both really funny and seem r-eel-y nice and friendly. I love Sasha's pirate-persona as well, and Robin is just... lovely.
Love Aura Blackquill. Unpleasant at times but also a fun and interesting person. I really like her interactions with Simon and Apollo respectively. A bit of a jerk with a good core and a silly sense of humour. It really got to me when
Spoiler: 5-5
All was said and done with the trial she had forced into existance and she said she was glad Simon and "the princess" were innocent. Doesn't excuse that she tried her darndest to put the blame on said "princess" but it showed she had accepted that she had been mistaken and could lay off some of her grudges.

And Damian and Jinxie Tenma are great and absolutely adorable.

[Whip the cream!]

Haha. Those are my DD-favourites as well, when it comes to non-main DD-characters.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Maggey
Juniper
Lana Skye
Adrian Andrews
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Adrian, Armie, and Aura.

Happy Maria

Moe is such an underrated character. Iris,Max,Daryan,Alita,Kristoph....they're all rather good.
Page 1 of 1 [ 28 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)