Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 2[ 67 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Athena Cykes FanclubTopic%20Title

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Athena Cykes - the newest member of the Wright Anything Agency, continuing the trend of being a lawyer with pointy hair and making goofy faces.

My favourite character, of course.

Re: Athena Cykes FanclubTopic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I was about to add to your Cykes photo gallery, but then I came across some really comical NSFW stuff, searching on google images... I'm probably not gonna post it here, but lol xD
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Enoshima Junko-chan!

You're not the only one :yogi:

I thought she was a lot better as a playable character than an assistant. Though, she was helpful enough, I guess. I like the way she frequently changed emotions to complete ends of the spectrum

Plus, she introduced five really cool themes to the series

The law is full of contradictions.

I love Athena. While you might not find that's a popular opinion here. I for one adored her! In her own case she was just hilarious! I truly love her character, and though I don't like how they explained her past and power, (this gave people stupid reasons to hate her...Which is why I really wish they would have come up with something better) I love the idea of her power and she and Simon are my favorite new characters. :athena: :simon: People can whine and complain all they want but Athena is here to stay! Woot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4huYuLkNPQ
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Enoshima Junko-chan!

My only criticisms for Athena are how her past was explained. There's nothing wrong with her actual personality. She's like Maya, in the way that she puts on a smile because she doesn't want people to worry about her problems.

Stepladders are a type of ladder so.....

I love :athena: I'm glad this topic was made! She's such a great character.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

JesusMonroe wrote:
I thought she was a lot better as a playable character than an assistant. Though, she was helpful enough, I guess. I like the way she frequently changed emotions to complete ends of the spectrum

Plus, she introduced five really cool themes to the series

I agree here. I actually quite liked her quite much until the final cases, introduction aside.(maybe the developers should've been a bit more decisive on whether she should be a mainstay as a playable character or not at all though, but whatevs)

And her designs is nice and I also liked the touch in the localization where she would use different languages for catchphrases since she had learned from studying in europe. It's a nice touch that makes sense, and besides in the JP version her english lines just reminds me of Klavier instead.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Enoshima Junko-chan!

What's awesome about Athena is that her strengths are stereotypical female traits - sensitivity, compassion, empathy - which she uses in her work. Such traits are often portrayed as negative traits. I think there's a quote in DD where she says something along the lines of "Your emotions are valid and valuable." I also hear that people with ASD like her for her quirky nature.

And the Mood Matrix is a great addition. Athena finds an unusual emotion and deduces why the witness feels that way. Of course, they could deny it, but it only creates more discord. Like when Athena points out Robin's happiness towards Juniper's dress - he denies it, only to reveal his feelings of anger to something else. I always felt like Perceive was lacking in this area. Sure the witness feeling nervous during a testimony is important, but most of the time in the games it's not well executed.

Finally, screencapping Athena mid-animation gives some amusing and creepy results.
Spoiler: images
She probably makes this face when trying to get info out of Fulbright
Missed it by this much
Ew

Art Person

I love those screens! So many meme-inspiring facial expressions from one character.
(I just had to :sillytrucy: )
Spoiler:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

PERFECT

The video game boy; the one who wins

Haha oh, Athena's expressions are great.

Also,

MBr wrote:
What's awesome about Athena is that her strengths are stereotypical female traits - sensitivity, compassion, empathy - which she uses in her work. Such traits are often portrayed as negative traits. I think there's a quote in DD where she says something along the lines of "Your emotions are valid and valuable." I also hear that people with ASD like her for her quirky nature.

these are some interesting points I haven't thought of myself or heard mentioned before. :athena:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

The law is full of contradictions.

The first case in my Fan Web series will be an Athena case!
You can check out the thread here.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30688
I'm gonna be playing Athena, and Maya in case anyone's wondering. My sister will be playing Pearl.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

Kahk-kahk!

Athena is pretty awesome, yep! Though I hope she gets her own game so her character can be expanded upon a bit more.

Also so I can see more of her... interesting expressions. :thena-hair:
One day I might have a proper signature...

"Eggs?"

This may be just me and my somewhat dirty mind, but...

doesn't this smiley ----> :thena-hair: look really wrong?

Like, say, Daryan Crescend wrong? :pencileraser:
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Athena is my favorite female character so far. I even made a fangame starring her! Also, if you
Spoiler: Case 5
record Athena's breakdown on the iOS version, you can CLEARLY see her terrified if you pause mid-animation.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Enoshima Junko-chan!

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Athena is my favorite female character so far. I even made a fangame starring her! Also, if you
Spoiler: Case 5
record Athena's breakdown on the iOS version, you can CLEARLY see her terrified if you pause mid-animation.

Do you mean this?
Spoiler: 5-5
Or maybe it's the animations where she hugs herself or covers her ears (good reason for that)? Either way, she's shaking and it tears me apart when she looks at you with her empty eyes. That's an advantage of the 3D character models, it allows for subtle details like this.

Playing the iOS version gave me much more appreciation for the intricacies of the character designs, particularly Athena, Blackquill, Fulbright, and Robin.

I'd like to see your fangame, as I am an :athena: nerd.

I'm also going to write a character analysis of Athena soon. When I replayed the game on iOS, I took a bunch of screenshots for this reason and because I love DD.

Apollo's Bracelet OP

I wanna join the fanclub too. She is an awesome character and it's too bad we only had her as playable in one case. Phoenix always seems to take the spotlight somehow. :(

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, if the made a Dual Destinies live action film, Athena should be played by Shailene Woodley.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

You know, a Mario game!

It seems there are more people that like Athena than I thought. Everyone seems to think she's a mary sue, but I don't. I actually like her, she's my second favorite female character in the franchise next to Franziska. I think her getting her own game would be pretty cool, but if she did, what would Apollo and Phoenix be during the game? Would it be like the GK series, where they simply don't appear, or will it be like Apollo Justice, where they come up with an excuse for them not to be defending anymore?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Kahk-kahk!

dimentiorules wrote:
It seems there are more people that like Athena than I thought. Everyone seems to think she's a mary sue, but I don't. I actually like her, she's my second favorite female character in the franchise next to Franziska. I think her getting her own game would be pretty cool, but if she did, what would Apollo and Phoenix be during the game? Would it be like the GK series, where they simply don't appear, or will it be like Apollo Justice, where they come up with an excuse for them not to be defending anymore?

I think Polly should make a small appearance, but hopefully Nick will stay far away from the spotlight... We've seen enough of him, and I really don't think he should be shoehorned into Athena's game just because he's an iconic character of the series. Plus it gives more time for other characters to develop.

Also, apologies for my ignorance on such matters, but with regards to her being a "mary sue", what does that term even mean? And how does it apply to Athena?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

It's kind of hard to explain, but Mary Sues are characters that are always right, liked by every other character, have a one of a kind power or item that isn't explained, are never punished for bad actions (and are even praised for them), have a trauma that goes away easily and is used to make the reader pity them, and can do everything by themselves.

This link explains it better: http://www.springhole.net/writing/whatisamarysue.htm
That site even includes a litmus test for Sues.

Athena has some Sue traits, but isn't even close to actually being a Mary Sue. There are a lot worse characters in fiction.

Kahk-kahk!

Ah, ok, I see. I don't see how she is either.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image

Why can't anyone make a animated sprite to work on Ace Attorney Online for the defense bench? ;_;

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

Actually, spriter member Mijumaru is currently working on a full set of her animated court sprites following with former member Rajin's designs to be used in fangames (including AAO). You can find them all so far here. There are only a few now but they look really good! Patience for a full set! :athena:
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Then again, any choices for a live-action Athena? My personal choice is Shailene Woodley.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I'm wondering what a live action Athena's hairstyle would look like. Sometimes I'm not sure if her hair is awesome or ridiculous.

A Kirby and AA fan

Ah, yes. The anime hair syndrome. It looks cool in animated form, but when you stop to think about it, a lot of the hair is honestly very ridiculous.
I, personally, am not a huge fan of live-action versions of anything, truth be told. Something will always seem off about them.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

MBr wrote:
I'm wondering what a live action Athena's hairstyle would look like. Sometimes I'm not sure if her hair is awesome or ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure her bangs will be shorter, and point down instead of up. I can already imagine live action versions of the DD characters...

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Well, I think Shailene Woodley has the face for Athena Cykes. She has a heart shaped face, like Athena (I wonder why...).

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

MBr wrote:
Well, I think Shailene Woodley has the face for Athena Cykes. She has a heart shaped face, like Athena (I wonder why...).

You're right. Here's a comparison:
Shailene...

and Athena.

Last edited by Yash K. Productions on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Kirby and AA fan

Psst! IMDB doesn't allow hotlinking! Better to upload that image somewhere that allows hotlinking. In fact, I've done that for you:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I find images like this show off her facial features better.

Here we can see the wide cheekbones and pointed chin, like Athena.

I like Athena she'll make a great defense lawyer
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I did an analysis of Athena's character on tumblr a while back. It's long, though.
http://michael-laser.tumblr.com/post/99 ... r-analysis

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

TheBlackquillz wrote:
This may be just me and my somewhat dirty mind, but...

doesn't this smiley ----> :thena-hair: look really wrong?

Like, say, Daryan Crescend wrong? :pencileraser:

... Oh yes, this is absolutely Daryan Crescend wrong--

Our dirty minds HELPPPPP

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Athena Internet Defense Force

Make way, I'm joining your club. I feel like the criticism thread didn't go well for me so I'll just go somewhere I can gush instead.

Okay, NO, she's not the most well-designed character ever but it doesn't really bother me that much. Personally I'd like to see her take the role Phoenix kind of did in 5 next time out (that is as a major protagonist but the plot doesn't center around her).

MBr wrote:
It's kind of hard to explain, but Mary Sues are characters that are always right, liked by every other character, have a one of a kind power or item that isn't explained, are never punished for bad actions (and are even praised for them), have a trauma that goes away easily and is used to make the reader pity them, and can do everything by themselves.

This link explains it better: http://www.springhole.net/writing/whatisamarysue.htm
That site even includes a litmus test for Sues.

Athena has some Sue traits, but isn't even close to actually being a Mary Sue. There are a lot worse characters in fiction.

People love to through around the term "Mary Sue" for any female character that has any sort of traits that are either domineering and have heavy interactions with other cast members (specifically any one who is breaking up a ship). Mary Sue was originally used to describe characters in usually fanfiction (or fiction) that were self insertions and went above and beyond any real sense of logic in the series. I don't think Athena really does anything that is sue like and honestly think she is a very well rounded character. One of the big things that I think people don't realize is that usually sues/stus tend to lack a lot or any flaws. Athena certainly does stupid things, and acts in ways that aren't perfect because she is an actually character.

Anyways...I love Athena. Maya has always been my favorite character, but Athena has moved her way up my fav. ranks super fast. I was actually extremely disappointed she only had 1 case, but conversely, I think it's probably my favorite and (IMHO) the best written case in the game. So I was pleasantly surprised how much I love her and I don't care in the least bit. <3

Winter Flag Trademark

I like Athena Cykes too. I'm a fan of her. Although, she would've been better if she were a Psychologist-Attorney. In any case, I'm waiting for the complete album of Athena's Sprites. I'm on the urge on creating a Fancase of her. But till the complete Sprite is released, I can't do that.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

A Kirby and AA fan

Ace Pointer wrote:
Although, she would've been better if she were a Psychologist-Attorney.

Huh? Isn't that what she is? Am I misunderstanding you?
Page 1 of 2 [ 67 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)