Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 2 of 2[ 67 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Athena Cykes FanclubTopic%20Title

Winter Flag Trademark

Nurio wrote:
Ace Pointer wrote:
Although, she would've been better if she were a Psychologist-Attorney.

Huh? Isn't that what she is? Am I misunderstanding you?

I meant that she'll also be an attorney, and also a Psychologist at the same time. Look, what I meant to say is that she'll be an attorney as a job, but also a side-job, well, Psychologist. Now got that? :ron:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

eyyyy

Yeah, I gotta admit, Athena is one of my favorite characters, especially someone who was just added to the series.
Her ability is quite unique too, I never would have thought of a Mood Matrix!

She does make the goofiest faces, I mean, I found this on google some hours ago:
Spoiler:

Kinda creepy, ain't it?

Winter Flag Trademark

C0SM1C-ECL1PSE wrote:
Yeah, I gotta admit, Athena is one of my favorite characters, especially someone who was just added to the series.

She does make the goofiest faces, I mean, I found this on google some hours ago:
Spoiler:

Kinda creepy, ain't it?

1) Athena Cykes is my Favorite Character too. :basil:

2) Mood Matrix is a pretty good one. Won't you agree? Isn't it a good one? :apollo:

3) Creepy or Evil? It looks as if Athena Cykes is laughing an evil laughter! :bite:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

http://michael-laser.tumblr.com/post/100621463172/athena-cykes-making-silly-faces-part-1-part-2

Winter Flag Trademark

Ahaha. Some of them are the silliest things I've ever seen! I think that Silliness runs through her blood. Am I right, or am I... Wright? :-P

eyyyy

Ace Pointer wrote:
1) Athena Cykes is my Favorite Character too. :basil:

2) Mood Matrix is a pretty good one. Won't you agree? Isn't it a good one? :apollo:

3) Creepy or Evil? It looks as if Athena Cykes is laughing an evil laughter! :bite:

I totally agree, maybe she IS evil
:ron: maybe not....she's too funny to be evil...

eyyyy

MBr wrote:

Goofiest faces of all time - your host- Athena Cykes

Scratch spriter

Quote:

You know what would be funny?

YOU DYING!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Of course she is evil)

Winter Flag Trademark

Hesseldahl wrote:
Quote:

YOU DYING!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Of course she is evil)

ROFL. That's it. I can't handle it any longer. I'm probably Laughing Hard when I saw your post on the thread. Now, these sprites of Athena Cykes looks more like she's a half-demoness whom is on her Human Form. LOL! Perfectly Amazing Topic, Bro! :godot:

Wait. Her Widget should be flashing Black/Purple since she's on her Evil Mood. I know that I said the WRight Statement. Any Objections?

Gettin' Old!

Hesseldahl wrote:
Quote:

YOU DYING!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Of course she is evil)

Just popped in on a whim and saw this.

This is fantastic.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Winter Flag Trademark

Not to mention, she looks evil and crazy on those sprites. Yahahahahahahaha... :hobolaugh:

(Gotta Love the Cykes, bro! ;P)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Those are creepier than her traumatized animations.

I can't draw hands to save my life.

Location: Watching you make sprites from outside your window.

Poison Velociraptor wrote:
dimentiorules wrote:
It seems there are more people that like Athena than I thought. Everyone seems to think she's a mary sue, but I don't. I actually like her, she's my second favorite female character in the franchise next to Franziska. I think her getting her own game would be pretty cool, but if she did, what would Apollo and Phoenix be during the game? Would it be like the GK series, where they simply don't appear, or will it be like Apollo Justice, where they come up with an excuse for them not to be defending anymore?

I think Polly should make a small appearance, but hopefully Nick will stay far away from the spotlight... We've seen enough of him, and I really don't think he should be shoehorned into Athena's game just because he's an iconic character of the series. Plus it gives more time for other characters to develop.

Also, apologies for my ignorance on such matters, but with regards to her being a "mary sue", what does that term even mean? And how does it apply to Athena?

Sorry if my answer is late... But, "Mary Sue" equates to "Generic Character".
Male Mary Sue's are Gary Stu's.

I can't draw hands to save my life.

Location: Watching you make sprites from outside your window.

C0SM1C-ECL1PSE wrote:

Spoiler:

Kinda creepy, ain't it?

Athena Cykes - The newest animatronic at Freddy's pizza. AND THE CREEPIEST ONE.

I've felt worse.

SeanTheSpriter wrote:
Poison Velociraptor wrote:
Also, apologies for my ignorance on such matters, but with regards to her being a "mary sue", what does that term even mean? And how does it apply to Athena?

Sorry if my answer is late... But, "Mary Sue" equates to "Generic Character".
Male Mary Sue's are Gary Stu's.

I've also seen Mary Sue used to mean "too many connections within the plot" or "overpowered as hell" or "in the way of my yaoi fanfiction."
If you asked me, the term Mary Sue lost all meaning long ago.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

"Eggs?"

sumguy28 wrote:
I've also seen Mary Sue used to mean "too many connections within the plot" or "overpowered as hell" or "in the way of my yaoi fanfiction."

I always assumed that a Mary Sue was just the generic "new character who has everything going right for them and is never defeated", but that works too.
sumguy28 wrote:
If you asked me, the term Mary Sue lost all meaning long ago.

Yes.

And honestly, Athena's not that much of a Mary Sue - think back to case 1 in Dual Destinies, where she's all like
Spoiler: *shrugs* Dunno
"I can't handle the courtroom yet, oh no, nervous breakdown, wahhh" and she needs Phoenix to come in and save her from Payne - so technically SHE lost to Payne?

:yogi:
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Gettin' Old!

Actually from what you posted "Mary Sue" means both: "Too many connections to the plot" and "Overpowered" all rolled into one.

It also includes everyone good of importance liking her and pandering to her.

*exit stage left*
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Derper

Basically, characters like Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice, Miles Edgeworth, Mia Fey, Maya Fey, Franziska von Karma, Klavier Gavin, etc. are Stus and Sues along with Athena.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Gettin' Old!

Reglare wrote:
Basically, characters like Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice, Miles Edgeworth, Mia Fey, Maya Fey, Franziska von Karma, Klavier Gavin, etc. are Stus and Sues along with Athena.

Phoenix hits dislike from a number of non-villainous people as he goes. He's also constantly called a rookie and berated despite a consistent win-record. He's also actually the most powerless of the cast, having no power that belongs to him. The Magatama is technically a tool anyone can use and came from other people originally as a gift.

Miles is universally disliked because of his past as a "Demon Prosecutor" he also has clear problems and weaknesses.

Apollo gets made fun of constantly and doesn't have the best working relationship with the resident detective in the game.

Mia Fey DIES so welp that's pretty bad. The inability to exist it pretty problematic. Even then she's hardly THAT connected to everything and doesn't actually have much relevance to the plot. Indeed her main reason to exist is to counteract the weaknesses of....

Maya Fey...pretty worthless outside of her ability to summon Mia which she can't even do at will. Which lets her give sage advice as a handy plot device. This was actually explored pretty well in the first game as she has her own doubts about how useful she can be.

Franziska: Has an abundance of problems and weaknesses as a balanced character should, we see her actively break at the end of JFA2 and her gradual growth from basically a shadow of Manfred to someone who is willing to do what is right. It's especially interesting towards the latter cases of AAI2 actually. Her growth is subtle and gradual. She also doesn't really have any unique powers to give her dominance over an investigation or situation. The draw to her initially is in her bloodline and gimmicky whip not something "new" that she brings to court.

Klavier: I'm not going to defend much because he is pretty carefree and developed. The thing is while Klavier is helpful he's never really tied into the plot all that well. Not on a deeply personal level that actually matters. Yes his brother is pretty villainous, yes the "filler" case related to his band, yes the case that got Phoenix disbarred was against Klavier. It's just never anything truly important to him though, nothing he has much personal stake in. He gets over his brother's evil disappointingly fast sure but disbarring of Phoenix isn't about Klavier. In any case Klavier's not great but I enjoyed having a prosecutor that had already underwent a revelation and was a "truth" prosecutor.

Still I only came to clarify what a Mary Sue is considered normally so I'll just step on out now *exit stage right*
Made by Chesu+Zombee

There's a difference bewteen 'liked' and 'not disliked'. Characters are usually neutral to each other and treat people according to their personality. For example, Redd White didn't punch Phoenix because he disliked him, he punched him because he's a jerk. When they really do dislike someone, it's normally about a personal offense, like the grudge Oldbag has over that time Phonenix accused her of murder.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Like what was said before, Mary Sue as a term has lost its meaning since it has been applied to characters who have some kind of strength over the others or simply characters one doesn't like. Honestly, there's far worse characters in fiction than the worst Ace Attorney characters.

Gettin' Old!

MBr wrote:
Like what was said before, Mary Sue as a term has lost its meaning since it has been applied to characters who have some kind of strength over the others or simply characters one doesn't like. Honestly, there's far worse characters in fiction than the worst Ace Attorney characters.

:sadshoe: Is my voice so quiet? I thought I'd defined it for you.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

That's the old meaning, but people use the term for a bunch of different things constantly, so we can say that it has indeed lost its meaning. If we're going with that definition, it doesn't apply to Athena or any other AA caracter. There are few characters from profesional works that really fall under the real Mary Sue category, actually.

Gettin' Old!

luck wrote:
That's the old meaning, but people use the term for a bunch of different things constantly, so we can say that it has indeed lost its meaning. If we're going with that definition, it doesn't apply to Athena or any other AA caracter. There are few characters from profesional works that really fall under the real Mary Sue category, actually.

I wouldn't really say it's the "old meaning" more a general meaning. Though if you really don't want to use the term "Mary Sue" then don't...just use the terms that make up the phrase Mary Sue. It's a blanket term anyway and while that might make it ambiguous, it's perfectly alright to just use the specific problems that resulted in calling someone a Sue in the first place.

Anyway I only came in here to talk about the definition of "Sue", I'm not so offensive as to pick fights in specific fan clubs.

Enjoy Athena! :basil:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Y'know

I return after a year or so and people still bash Athena. Well okay.

Gettin' Old!

Nearavex wrote:
I return after a year or so and people still bash Athena. Well okay.

For crying out loud I didn't say one thing against Athena :ron:

No one is bashing anything here you are sensing antagonism where there is none
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Y'know

Quote:
I return after a year or so and people still bash Athena have that Mary Sue discussion. Well okay.

Not much a difference for me, but fine enough.
Page 2 of 2 [ 67 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)