Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

Evidence why I think Capcom is gonna reveal DGS at SDCCTopic%20Title

Mia Payne

So, why do I think that? There's THREE main reasons, followed by some smaller reasons:

1. The Ace Attorney Sale on 3DS eShop
I believe that the sale is to get final "scrap money" before the reveal of the new game, as well as getting people to associate the name Ace Attorney without the name Phoenix Wright, which now instead of thinking "oh, Phoenix Wright" the less informative people will think "Oh, Ace Attorney, I played that trilogy and liked it"

2. The timing of the San Diego Comic Con panel
The Capcom panel is on July 9th, which just so happens to coincide the with the exact release date of the Japanese version. Self-explanatory

3. The nature of the panel
"World of Capcom" taking place July 9th, 5pm to 6pm has this little tidbit for the description "...reveals and first looks exclusive to SDCC"

So, what do you guys think?
Re: Evidence why I think Capcom is gonna reveal DGS at SDCCTopic%20Title

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Your evidence put your point together so nicely! :butzthumbs:

And I sure as heck hope you're right! I would scream if we get news this early that the game is getting localized! :larry2: I've been hearing constant fears that the game has no chance of being localized, but hey, I have hope, and to see a nice positive logical backing of that notion makes me feel more confident that the idea may be realized. :acro:

But hey, even if it's not announced that day, it's not like it's confirmed it won't be. *Crosses Fingers*
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3

Mia Payne

Misokrattz wrote:
Your evidence put your point together so nicely! :butzthumbs:

And I sure as heck hope you're right! I would scream if we get news this early that the game is getting localized! :larry2: I've been hearing constant fears that the game has no chance of being localized, but hey, I have hope, and to see a nice positive logical backing of that notion makes me feel more confident that the idea may be realized. :acro:

But hey, even if it's not announced that day, it's not like it's confirmed it won't be. *Crosses Fingers*

I agree wholeheartedly

It certainly would be a good moment to confirm the localization. The Western fans are still on a high, because DGS will be released in a few hours and the longer Capcom wait the more anxious the fans will become.
They also not only started the sale, but also released the four Ace Attorney 3DS themes in the US and Europe.

Quote:
World of Capcom
Moderator Francis Mao (Capcom) and a panel of Capcom staff members share the latest updates on all the new and upcoming Capcom games including Street Fighter V, Resident Evil 0, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, and more; plus sneak peeks at all the latest Capcom merchandise and licensing products coming your way soon. Also, some exclusive first-looks and reveals just for SDCC.

DGS localization certainly would fit the "reveal" part and maybe they even have some English screens for us as "exclusive first looks". I am hopeful.

1000% Knight

IIRC, didn't they reveal the DD localization really soon after the Japanese announcement? (They never explicitly said it, but the reasoning behind it was obviously that after GK2 was never localized, they wanted to appease the Western fans ASAP and confirm the localization rather than leaving them in an agitated "is it going to get localized or is AA over in the west?!" state.)

Of course, given how different DGS is, they could've wanted to wait a bit longer to release this. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Art Person

I thought DD's english announcement was done so early to please us after the GK2 outcry?
This is different, PLvsAA's announcement was about 2 years after Japanese release, so I don't think we'll get it anytime soon (Sooner than later would be nice though).

SuperAj3 wrote:
I thought DD's english announcement was done so early to please us after the GK2 outcry?
This is different, PLvsAA's announcement was about 2 years after Japanese release, so I don't think we'll get it anytime soon (Sooner than later would be nice though).

The announcement came 10 months after the Japanese release, but you can't compare it. PLvsAA was published and localized by Nintendo.

Nick Wright: Ace Attorney

Blizdi wrote:
So, why do I think that? There's THREE main reasons, followed by some smaller reasons:

1. The Ace Attorney Sale on 3DS eShop
I believe that the sale is to get final "scrap money" before the reveal of the new game, as well as getting people to associate the name Ace Attorney without the name Phoenix Wright, which now instead of thinking "oh, Phoenix Wright" the less informative people will think "Oh, Ace Attorney, I played that trilogy and liked it"

2. The timing of the San Diego Comic Con panel
The Capcom panel is on July 9th, which just so happens to coincide the with the exact release date of the Japanese version. Self-explanatory

3. The nature of the panel
"World of Capcom" taking place July 9th, 5pm to 6pm has this little tidbit for the description "...reveals and first looks exclusive to SDCC"

So, what do you guys think?

Plus the fact, the only AA game to ever not be released was AAI2, in english that is. Considering I think DD did pretty damn well, I doubt they won't release it in engrish. It's not super strong evidence, but it's something. :phoenix:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

And if we get a trailer similar to the TGS 2014 one, then... Adam Howden as Ryu, pleeeeeeeease!!! :accordion-head:
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Mia Payne

There's still 10 minutes of the panel left, I', hopeful... But it's Capcom, they really DO know how to disappoint.

Edit: 3... words... that need to be said.

FUCK YOU CAPCOM

The King of All

Dang, nothing DGS related was shown :sadshoe:. Hopefully Capcom announces a localization sooner or later.
The king of all, Sir Duke

"Lies, forget them." - Auron

Not to rub salt into the wound but, in the end what was the "exclusive first-looks and reveals just for SDCC."?
"I wish I was Stevie Wonder so I never have to see you again." - Filthy Frank

The King of All

Johnathan wrote:
Not to rub salt into the wound but, in the end what was the "exclusive first-looks and reveals just for SDCC."?

From what I've read, they showed off Ken in SFV and the Mega Man Legacy Collection.
The king of all, Sir Duke

Capcom surely know how to disappoint, even though they didn't promise anything...

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

Unfortunately that wasn't the case, which is a big disappointing considering how awesome this game is from Bolt's livestream and such.

The Great Ace Attorney: Tales of Ryunosuke Wright and with the setting of this game they could localize it perfectly.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Bad Player wrote:
IIRC, didn't they reveal the DD localization really soon after the Japanese announcement?

Exactly, but remember, that Christiansson or whatever his name was, guy, was laid off before the release of DD and he was the one who pushed hardest for AAI2 to come to the west and seemingly the Ace Attorney guy at Capcom US, but with new management I guess there will be new release-strategies.

Maybe they outsourced localization to Nintendo this time. If so, it will not come out before 2017 in the west. Who knows?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Gettin' Old!

I thought this one was confirmed as not coming over west.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

All I've been able to get out of their Twitter accounts and an email response--aside from nigh-total radio silence--was "no plans to announce at this time."

That pretty much means "please go away, we don't know and can't tell you because the people above us aren't telling us either."

Gardevoir lover

Pierre wrote:
I thought this one was confirmed as not coming over west.

We just assume that's thecase because it looks like something that wouldn't come stateside.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street