Page 2 of 4[ 152 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - DGS editionTopic%20Title

Mia Payne

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
Danielinhoni wrote:
Classic Holmes, I see. Yay.

No. Not at all. His conclusion is completely wrong in EVERY scenario, not even CLOSE to the actual one

I think that's the point. It wouldn't be much of an AA game if Sherlock Holmes just takes over the entire investigation. Besides, I wouldn't say Holmes is truly an idiot; more like he's just fond of being stupid... in the lovable way.

No it's really not. It would be different if he's SLIGHTLY off target, but he's COMPLETELY off track

Just a cute lil' bun-bun

Wow, I never thought sarcasm could slide past someone that way xP I have mixed feelings about Holmes. Sure, it would've been nice to get someone actually competent and have a challenge for once, but it gives somewhat of a new perspective on the Holmes character, a legend which turned out not to be true and just the dream of a foolish man and a young girl's mind :P

So yeah, I'm not all that happy, because I geuss they could've worked better by going the other way, but now I'm curious to see the other side.

There is only one truth!

Danielinhoni wrote:
I think no one has asked this but, we all feared Sherlock would actually be somewhat of a myth when speaking of the Sherlock we all know, and that in fact we would get someone who is actually very careless, jumps way too son on conclusions and actually makes a lot of mistakes in their reasoning. From a gameplay standpoint, that'd be the adequate thing to have, but is that actually true?

My question is, does Sherlock actually appear to be competent in a higher sense than the rest of the series' logic rivals? Does he reach interesting conclusions by himself? How does Ryuunosuke know what parts of Sherlocks' reasoning are shakey? Is it because the reasoning is ridiculous, because Ryuunosuke wants to find another conclusion/can't believe it and that point clashes with his thoughts, or is he just actually smarter than Holmes' himself even though the reasoning is completely valid?

Sherlock's logic is goofy and rather "careless", but he is very good at observations and investigations, just not conclusions. He doesn't fight Ryuu's corrections either. Sherlock and Ryuu make a team, one finds the stuff, the other explains the stuff, and they each acknowledge each others' skill without jealousy. Sherlock does seem to have a sense for knowing when he is needed and he does have an uncanny ability to set up a line of theories that will help you find the truth when you pick them apart. Sherlock seems to know how to provide direction to investigations that you might not be able to piece together yourself that easily.
Sherlock isn't playing dumb in my opinion IMO. True, he is smarter than he appears, and most definitely could trick a culprit or Ryuu if he set his mind to it, but that just isn't his personality type. He is just a really big goofy dork who presents himself honestly. I think the true test of his ability will appear when someone he cares about is threatened ... (and I think in the last case in particular we saw an inkling of the sorts of things Sherlock is capable of when gets enthusiastic about saving someone).

But to address a point, Iris has clearly written her Sherlock tales so that Sherlock is cool in the stories (turning goofball DGS Sherlock into canon Sherlock). I am under the impression she writes stories so that silly Sherlock theories from cases become the truth in her stories. (Case 2)

Just a cute lil' bun-bun

Thank you for the detailed answer! Well, it's nice to know that Sherlock does contribute in some way, at least. I guess that means the direction Sherlock took was well executed, so I'm happy with that.

Another tiny question: from what I've seen, it seems it's what they are, but is Joint Reasoning just a streak of glorified point-at-the-picture/presents? If so, that's kind of disappointing, even though the presentation is spot-on and gorgeous.

JesusMonroe wrote:
How many cases are there? Is it 4? If it's 5, are they five full cases or is it more like DD with one case being split into two? Or is it like T&T where Case 4 isn't a full case?

Now that the game has been played, has the answer to this question changed? Or is Bolt's answer still correct?

Just a cute lil' bun-bun

They are 5 cases in total, each with their independent premise and story, although events from one case may be reflected onto another. However, the first 3 cases are strict in their gameplay (either trial-only or investigation-only).

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
Sherlock isn't playing dumb in my opinion IMO. True, he is smarter than he appears, and most definitely could trick a culprit or Ryuu if he set his mind to it, but that just isn't his personality type. He is just a really big goofy dork who presents himself honestly. I think the true test of his ability will appear when someone he cares about is threatened ... (and I think in the last case in particular we saw an inkling of the sorts of things Sherlock is capable of when gets enthusiastic about saving someone).

Well, I didn't mean to say he's playing any tricks on the audience; rather pointed out that simply calling him an idiot isn't quite right. When he's serious, however, he knows exactly what to do in a given situation, which makes me think the title given to him in the last trailer "God of Tricks" is well-suited.

Still, he got scolded by Iris for rushing in headlong into danger. I personally think Iris is the perfect complement to this goofy Sherlock Holmes. She's the voice of reason to his madness, all the while being a cute, innocent 10-year-old.

Danielinhoni wrote:
Another tiny question: from what I've seen, it seems it's what they are, but is Joint Reasoning just a streak of glorified point-at-the-picture/presents? If so, that's kind of disappointing, even though the presentation is spot-on and gorgeous.

Yes, you could say it's just that. On the other hand, the ability to scan around a person's vicinity and being able to present things on the person or nearby is a pretty big step the devs took. It really adds to the 3D feel of the game.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Danielinhoni wrote:
They are 5 cases in total, each with their independent premise and story, although events from one case may be reflected onto another. However, the first 3 cases are strict in their gameplay (either trial-only or investigation-only).

This is interesting. By "investigation-only" do you mean that the case is solved on the crime scene (like AAI)?

There is only one truth!

JesusMonroe wrote:
Danielinhoni wrote:

This is interesting. By "investigation-only" do you mean that the case is solved on the crime scene (like AAI)?
Yes. The joint investigations basically mount to a Presto moment like in AAI.

Ultimate Survivor

How is Barok/Baroque (I've seen both spellings - don't know which is correct) as a rival? Is he fun to go up against/take down in court?

Does this game's "final boss" (assuming it has one) have any connection to previous cases? Are they intimidating? How do they compare to previous final villains in the AA series? (A good final villain is really important to me in AA games, if you couldn't tell.) It might be hard, but... I guess try to be as non-spoilery as possible with those answers?
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.

There is only one truth!

emimprov wrote:
How is Barok/Baroque (I've seen both spellings - don't know which is correct) as a rival? Is he fun to go up against/take down in court?

Does this game's "final boss" (assuming it has one) have any connection to previous cases? Are they intimidating? How do they compare to previous final villains in the AA series? (A good final villain is really important to me in AA games, if you couldn't tell.) It might be hard, but... I guess try to be as non-spoilery as possible with those answers?

Bolt is probably best equipped to answer the first question. Going up against Barok seemed a lot like taking on AA-trilogy Edgeworth, but with more antics. I assume you have seen one of the more infamous ways Barok objects. Barok doesn't damage that often though, so it can be hard to tell you are making progress against him by visuals alone. It helps if you can understand all the smack he is talking about Ryuu, Ryuu's arguments, Ryuu's assistants, and the witnesses. My understanding is extremely limited, but I am under the impression that he begins to care less about the facade of politeness he puts on the further you go into a case. (He stops apologizing for some of the out-of-line stuff he does, etc.) (Personally I think he gets progressively more drunk off camera every time you cross examine.)

Second question
Spoiler: Second question
I think it's up for debate who the final boss truly is. There's the person with the breakdown at the end of the final case, but there is ... someone else ... that comes to mind who is perhaps the true boss when you think about the whole series of events. Both potential final boss-like characters are connected across cases, but only two of the cases strongly. The other three cases seem to do more building overarching plot for future DGS installments and character development.

Depending on which person you believe to be the final boss, I think your reaction will change. For the people who watched the playthrough, one of the characters the chat absolutely loved because their antics were simply fabulous. The other person the chat loved to hate, a true magnificent bastard: by the end everyone wanted to see that person locked in solitary with Oldbag, barbequed, and the ashes thrown off of Dusky Bridge for good measure.

Also keep in mind the bosses encountered in DGS1 are definitely not the final bosses of the DGS series. There is continuing plot and unexplained darkness still lurking in London. In other words don't expect Moriarty.

You might not want to open the answer to this question because it could eliminate suspects for you if you want to play guess the boss. Answered with yes/no and a uselessly vague one sentence why.
Spoiler: Are they intimidating?
No. Neither candidate is the intimidating personality type.

You almost definitely do not want to open this if you want to guess the final boss on your own because I am going to compare the AA character most like the DGS final boss in my answer.
Spoiler: How do they compare to previous final villains in the AA series?
One candidate has an atmosphere a bit similar to Sōta Sarushiro/Simon Keyes and persistence that would impress Alba. The developers almost make you feel bad for taking this guy down. almost.

The other is just in a class of their own. There is one obvious AA character to compare this person with, but I won't (and I hope no else does either!) for spoiler reasons I hope you will appreciate later. Ambiguity means you don't really know what to make of this person the first go around. And then you find out ... things. I personally consider this person the true final boss of the game, and I was very impressed. I really would like to say more, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Where does "Reasoning War" from the OST play?

Are the new judges any different from usual?

Tiagofvarela wrote:

1. It plays in several situations, most of which I figure are in court. Take it as kinda like "next" level past the usual Logic and Trick during more suspenseful moments.

2. The Japanese judge is a pretty smart fellow. He always keeps order in his court and moves things along at a fair pace. He also doesn't stand for shady prosecutors trying to hide things or shady witnesses trying to get away before he's finished with him.

The English judge doesn't leave much of an impression on me, actually. Like the Japanese judge, he's also pretty focused on the truth. However, since most of the attention goes to the actual jurists, he himself seems really ordinary... but at least he so happens to look like Santa Claus, so there's that. :)
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

元・超会社員級の管理人

emimprov wrote:

I've seen Barok referred to as a character whose characterization comes from the subtleties, and that's very accurate in my opinion. In court, he's very focused on his goals and keeps his personal thoughts and feelings well in check, but he's not an emotionless wall, either. I'd say he puts up a very strong fight compared to some of the other rivals, so actually getting him to react (which happens way less than other prosecutors) is always satisfying.

The final boss is... hm.

Spoiler: No specific game spoilers, just answers to your question
The final boss in this game does have connections to past cases, but I wouldn't say they're tremendously intimidating or put them in the upper echelon of AA villains. Like Alba, they're mostly memorable for their persistence before going down; the trial segments with them go on for a very long time, and they always seem ready to pull something out to save their hide.

In some ways it's kind of a shame, because their introduction and the final takedown are actually pretty great, in my opinion. Taking them down in particular is a really great court moment for reasons I won't go into, but it loses a bit of impact because you've been chasing them for so long at that point and you kind of just want it to be over.

They do have a decent amount of personality and backstory, and some great animations, so I'd rank them above Alba or Phantom, but overall a bit weak. They feel a bit more like a one-off villain than a whole-game villain, is the thing.

Spoiler: Vague spoiler addendum
There is a character you could make a case for being a whole-game villain, and they're significantly more loathsome than the actual final boss, but you don't get to face off with them in the final case directly.

Tiagofvarela wrote:

The two reasoning war tracks play at the end of cases 2 and 5, I think.

The judges are... judges? I think Rubia covered it. The Japanese judge has little patience for witnesses trying to pull something, but the English judge gets overshadowed by the jurors of any given case. He has a few nice animations, but more personality would have helped.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler, but just to be on the safe side, I've marked it as one.
Spoiler: Jury System Question
I've been watching a lot of DGS streams and I can't help but notice how the juries in each case are always either encountered later as a character, or have been encountered in a previous episode. Especially strange to me was case 5, where all of the juries were from past cases, but now they behaved completely differently! What's up with that?

Mario222041 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a spoiler, but just to be on the safe side, I've marked it as one.
Spoiler: Jury System Question
I've been watching a lot of DGS streams and I can't help but notice how the juries in each case are always either encountered later as a character, or have been encountered in a previous episode. Especially strange to me was case 5, where all of the juries were from past cases, but now they behaved completely differently! What's up with that?

Spoiler:
Short answer: It's a small world they live in.

Longer answer: It's understandable that the dev team didn't want to spend too much time modeling new characters for relatively minor roles in the trial. The old man from case 4 and the old surgeon from case 5 are different people; just like how the typewriter and the telegram operators are two different people. They definitely look alike, though, and it's a point Ryu picks up on. Iris simply passes it off as "coincidence".

Why Dimitri Dimiglasky was there as well, who knows. He's not even a citizen of the country; just a tourist.

And now, I have a question of my own.
Spoiler: case 2 victim
Whatever happened to Asogi's body anyway? They were aboard a ship, so they couldn't simply find a coffin to set him in.

I can only think of two possibilities: either they really did just toss him overboard, or they kept him until they landed in HK and had the funeral there, while Niko turns herself in to the police for manslaughter. However, I feel like I'm missing a third option somewhere...

Health bar or exclamation points?

Neither. They're Ryu's student badges. :p

Okay, so they work like the exclamation points. I'd say the overall difficulty of this game well matches that of the original games.

Winter Flag Trademark

Does anyone know what the names mean in Japanese? I really want to know what does "Tatetsuchi", "Asogi Kazuma" stands for in Japanese. If it's possible, does anyone know if "Ryunnosuke" has any sorts of name-pun attatched or something?

Spoiler: Opinion, Case II Spoilers.
I think DGS Case 2 is kinda the same of Turnabout Sisters in the original GS.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

I am saddled with unnecessary feelings.

Ace Pointer wrote:
Does anyone know what the names mean in Japanese? I really want to know what does "Tatetsuchi", "Asogi Kazuma" stands for in Japanese. If it's possible, does anyone know if "Ryunnosuke" has any sorts of name-pun attatched or something?

Ryunosuke means either "Dragon" or "Herald", as for Asouji I know that one of his kanji is "Righteousness" and another "Twin Blades" along with "True", as for Tatetsuchi I honestly can't answer that at the moment.

Ace Pointer wrote:

I may come out with a complete list for all the characters eventually, but for now, the main ones from the 1st case:

• Naruhodou Ryuunosuke
    Ryu's name was probably picked not only to sound like Ryuuichi, but also to match Natsume Souseki with the name of a fellow prolific writer, Akutagawa Ryuunosuke, author of works like The Spider's Thread, Dragon: The Old Potter's Tale, and most famously In a Grove. It's a nice match up with Sir Arthur C. Doyle's Sherlock Holmes.
  • Mikotoba Susato
    The term "mikotoba" (usually pronounced "okotoba") is a formal expression that means "availing myself to your kind offer/word". It's rather fitting for a legal assistant, as one who trusts the judgment of the attorney. (Naturally, to make it sound more like a name, the "koto" in the middle of her surname is replaced by the kanji for the musical instrument koto. It sounds prettier.)
    I'm not sure where her first name came from, though. Usually the name "Susato" would be written to have the kanji for "pure village", but since she's a town girl, the "to" is replaced by the kanji for "metropolitan".
  • Asougi Kazuma
    This guy's name is spoilery. Asougi's name may have the kanji for "duo" and "justice", but
    Spoiler: Case 2
    it also sounds like the term for "funeral service". Thus, it came to pass that he would be dieded.

As for his first name, it has the kanji for "one truth"; and Kazuma is a pretty common way to pronounce it as a name. Not bad.

Interestingly, his sword's name is Karuma. Ya know, like Karma in "von Karma"...? Geez, this guy was vengeful, and I have no idea why.
  • Auchi Taketsuchi
    Auchi has always been Payneful. :3 Anyway, I can only imagine his name was taken to sound like the original Payne's name, which was Takefumi. "Tsuchi" literally means "earth", but it can also mean "soil", as in "the very soil that one comes from".
    I figure it makes a nice little parallel to Ryuunosuke's comparison with his descendant, Ryuuichi.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

How old is Ryu anyways?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Same as Asogi: 23.

Speaking of which, has Bolt or anyone else noticed that the title screen changes depending on your last save? I thought that was a neat little detail they added for this game.

Same as Asogi: 23.

And for some reason Susato is supposed to be only 16, younger than Maya or Athena in their first games...
I think she looks like the oldest assistant, could easily be 23 too.

"Eggs?"

Speaking of which, has Bolt or anyone else noticed that the title screen changes depending on your last save? I thought that was a neat little detail they added for this game.

They sorta did that for PLvsPW too, so maybe they're continuing that fad.
Did I just say 'fad'? I meant trend.
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

Wikia Ace Attorney Wiki admin

Oh screw it.

Is there anything other than Natsume Sōseki's age that gives an unambiguous indication of what year the game takes place in? Sherlock's age in his canon is pretty ambiguous as far as I can tell.

Sherlock's age is well documented, actually, but here, he's only in his early 30s.
Wikipedia wrote:
An estimate of Holmes's age in "His Last Bow" places his year of birth at 1854; the story, set in August 1914, describes him as 60 years of age. Leslie S. Klinger, author of The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes, posits the detective's birthdate as 6 January.

There's a video commentary from Takumi included in the first pack of the DLC (the free one) where he brings up a draft of the game. It showed Ryu and Holmes in court, and the year was set in 1897. Sounds about right. The Bengoshi Act was first implemented in 1893, and Professor Mikotoba mentioned that the turn of the new century was upon them.

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

In regards to Soseki's stay in London, I'm guessing DGS is a little bit on the alt history side, since Soseki was in London from 1901-1903, and he left in January.

Spoiler: Very minor, about Soseki's stay in DGS London
He left sometime between February and April in DGS, however.

I imagine there are some minor details that are different, up to and including the very years he even studied abroad. Sherlock's also 34 in game, and since the game seems to be on the cusp of 1900, even his birth year may be different in DGS canon....

I would probably take 1897, all things considered, but tbh we probably just got lucky when we got a date in GS1 at all (and it's not like these games have ever tried to be consistent in that regard).

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Ok, so a question.

Spoiler: Case 3 spoilers
A key to figuring out the true solution to The Runaway Room is figuring out that the game just gaslighted you; that is, figuring out that the Phoenix Wright Omnibus had been tampered with during the trial. However, from what I've seen/heard, the game doesn't force you to check the Feeniebus until after it's been tampered with. Is that the case? If so, does the game tell you that it's important to check it out as soon as you get it? Is there a way to figure out it's been tampered with if you hadn't checked it beforehand?

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Gettin' Old!

Do character breakdowns/confessions come voiced like they did in PLvsPW?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

What is/are the co-counsel over the various cases?

Is Holmes ever right on any of his deductions (obviously not Joint Reasoning, just other remarks which turn out to be true).

Does Holmes ever appear in court? Witness or otherwise?

CourtroomShenanigans wrote:
Ok, so a question.

Spoiler: Case 3 spoilers
A key to figuring out the true solution to The Runaway Room is figuring out that the game just gaslighted you; that is, figuring out that the Phoenix Wright Omnibus had been tampered with during the trial. However, from what I've seen/heard, the game doesn't force you to check the Feeniebus until after it's been tampered with. Is that the case? If so, does the game tell you that it's important to check it out as soon as you get it? Is there a way to figure out it's been tampered with if you hadn't checked it beforehand?

Spoiler:
God, Phoenix, you're such a pain in this game. And literally on fire.

It's entirely up to you to check the bus beforehand, but to acquire those pieces of forged evidence, then yes, you have to check them. Also, yes, the game hints that you should check out the crime scene for yourself first. Though, really, anyone playing through the game first would want to explore the bus. It's so amazing in 3D.

That said, even after checking myself, I forgot what was forged and what wasn't. However, taking a look at the fake blood in contrast to the real blood, it's pretty clear the fake blood is too bright. The luggage is a spot that might be more easily missed, though I did remember to check it before.

Pierre wrote:
Do character breakdowns/confessions come voiced like they did in PLvsPW?

Unfortunately, no. There's a lot less voice work in this game, but the endings to cases are usually voiced.

Tiagofvarela wrote:
What is/are the co-counsel over the various cases?

Is Holmes ever right on any of his deductions (obviously not Joint Reasoning, just other remarks which turn out to be true).

Does Holmes ever appear in court? Witness or otherwise?

Case 1: Asogi
Case 2, 3, 4: Susato
Case 5: Iris

Outside of the joint reasoning segments, Holmes isn't as decisive in declaring deductions, but he is pretty on the spot about what he suspected. Of course, we only get his word for it. (But I believe him. :D )

Holmes appears in court once at the stand and then hops by the bench to drop in some evidence. We don't cross examine him, and we don't even recognize him at first.

Surf's Up!

How many blocks does this game take up?

I have two questions...

Spoiler: Possible Gameplay Spoilers???
I want to know exactly how a Closing Argument works. I think I've heard it happens at predetermined times? I've also heard that it is similar to pointing out the contradictions between witnesses testimonies. Does that mean during a Closing Argument, the jury will give testimony or something akin to it?

Spoiler: Concerning DLC
I've heard it is coming in 8 waves. Is it coming one wave per week or sporadically? Also, I've heard that they are short episodes with art and other neat things. Does that mean there is no gameplay (as in making choices or pointing out contradictions) at all in the DLC?

I apologize if they've already been answered. I didn't see them, but I've also been really cautious of spoilers, so I might not have looked thoroughly enough.

Loziano wrote:
I have two questions...

Spoiler: Possible Gameplay Spoilers???
I want to know exactly how a Closing Argument works. I think I've heard it happens at predetermined times? I've also heard that it is similar to pointing out the contradictions between witnesses testimonies. Does that mean during a Closing Argument, the jury will give testimony or something akin to it?

Spoiler: Concerning DLC
I've heard it is coming in 8 waves. Is it coming one wave per week or sporadically? Also, I've heard that they are short episodes with art and other neat things. Does that mean there is no gameplay (as in making choices or pointing out contradictions) at all in the DLC?

I apologize if they've already been answered. I didn't see them, but I've also been really cautious of spoilers, so I might not have looked thoroughly enough.

To your first question, I don't think it counts as spoilers, since the trailers already showcase a bit of it. And it is exactly as you said. They come whenever the jury comes to a very rushed verdict, as guided by the prosecution, so it's all automatic. The jurists give testimony ("judicial findings", as it's titled), and it's up to you to figure out if two of them contradict, complement, or otherwise somehow relate to one another. Whichever relation they have is clear through the statements themselves. Convince at least four of the jurists to overturn their votes and the trial can continue.

To your second question, these aren't spoilers either. They're explained on the official website, in fact. The content comes every week since the release date, and each packet adds more to your DLC collection. There are the "Short Shorts", which are the silly episodes that may or may not add to the canon of the game, the art, bonus music, and voice clip galleries, and finally some video commentaries from the development team that sneak a peek into the game's production. Those Shorts are episodes, rather than gameplay segments, though you still do have to hit the next button, so it's not completely without user input.

Sadly, for those who do not understand Japanese, they do not come with subs. I also haven't seen anything outside of the first pack, which was free until the 19th, so I can't speak for the other packs.

迷探偵

To go into details for the DLC: There are six categories.

- Short Shorts are precisely what the name implies: short (comedic) episodes reminiscent of the DLC episodes in Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney. There is no actual gameplay save for hitting next, but as of the second episode, it seems they are sorta canon (not important canon, but at least it's not overly meta like in Layton VS AA).
- Art has concept art and additional comments by Nuri.
- Music features BGM are used in the game, and their unused variants (As there are two composers, both would make a track and they'd see which one would get in the final game). The BGMs are also accompanied by comments by the respective composer.
- Voice clip gallery (one character per pack)
- Video archive (The Special Court segment and a Jump Festa developer's introduction video are available in the first DLC packs)
- 3DS theme (one per pack)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Surf's Up!

Is that just the base game, or does that include all of the DLC?

Either way, I'm going to need a bigger SD card.

Without the DLC. The initial pack marked "Episode 0", the one that was free, takes up a tiny chunk of its own, but it's the smallest amount of data of all the packs (< 100 blocks). The rest of them range among 2-300 blocks each. There are 8 in total, so that's a lot.

Thinking about it, it's a good idea I didn't try to get all the DLC. I don't have enough memory on this card to hold it all together with a complete set for PLvsAA and the Youtube & Nico Douga apps...

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Do you consider this a spiritual successor to AJ:AA. From what I gather, people have slightly mixed reactions to it.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Page 2 of 4 [ 152 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street