Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 1 of 1[ 15 posts ]

Episode two discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This is the discussion thread for DGS episode two, "The Adventure of the Unbreakable Speckled Band"! Please use spoiler tags when discussing any plot points of the episode that haven't been officially announced.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Episode two discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

So, for those of you wondering how this episode works:

Spoiler: Gameplay spoilers
According to a walkthrough site that got ahold of the game early, the episode doesn't have any trial segment, or cross-examinations. Everything is done via investigation, Joint Reasoning, and, at times, direct answers/presenting (think of court proceedings when not in testimonies.)

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Mia Payne

Bolt Storm wrote:
So, for those of you wondering how this episode works:

Spoiler: Gameplay spoilers
According to a walkthrough site that got ahold of the game early, the episode doesn't have any trial segment, or cross-examinations. Everything is done via investigation, Joint Reasoning, and, at times, direct answers/presenting (think of court proceedings when not in testimonies.)

That's a shame, I hope there's enough meat for an entire episode...

Spoiler:
could you possibly link the site you got it from?

Oh right, this was a thing.

For those who say that this case didn't happen
ACCEPT THE TRUTH.
~UltrawaveStudios~

Beautiful flower

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
For those who say that this case didn't happen
ACCEPT THE TRUTH.

BUT I CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH :larry:

Gah, case 2 is really interesting. I'm very sad that one of my suspicions is confirmed, but on the upside we get to see new characters!

Spoiler: Case 2 new characters and their relationships
Like Holmes and Iris! It's pretty sad that Holmes didn't get to investigate his BFF's murder, but incidentally a murder happened right under his nose. I'm also curious if we'll see Iris' reaction to her relative's(?) death.

Of course, this is assuming the victim is someone they both know, but from case 2 intro it seems like there are different holmeses and watsonss in this game. Or were the ones in case 2 intro supposed to represent characters in novel that Iris wrote? :meekins:

Besides that, I'm curious if case 2 would answer loose threads in previous case.

Spoiler: Case 1 HEAVY spoilers, murderer detail
mainly if we'll learn what Jezail's motive is. Why did she kill Watson? Why did she not tell her motives? I think the motive is not personal since murderers when exposed usually break down (emotionally) and goes on a motive rant, like Dahlia or Kristoph.

Besides that I can't say much about case 2, but judging from Case 1 it probably will be quality as well.I watched the intro and a little bit of gameplay on Bolt's stream before I had to eventually go to bed. I had planned to catch up with the rest of the stream but apparently the account has been suspended? How am I gonna quench this thirst uggh

Edit: Edited stuff because I don't know what constitutes as spoilers, also because i keep thinking of more stuff to write right after I hit the Submit button.
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

元・超会社員級の管理人

Unfortunately, Capcom had the DGS archived videos taken down. Sorry!

Also, about this episode's culprit...

Spoiler: Episode two culprit
The episode was fairly different from the original Holmes story, but in the end it was Roylott both times, huh? Very cheeky, Takumi.

Wooster wrote:

Beautiful flower

Bolt Storm wrote:
Unfortunately, Capcom had the DGS archived videos taken down. Sorry!

Noooooooooo! :larry: and thus the truth is lost forever...

Quote:
Also, about this episode's culprit...

Spoiler: Episode two culprit
The episode was fairly different from the original Holmes story, but in the end it was Roylott both times, huh? Very cheeky, Takumi.

That's interesting! I knew that even though some of these cases are based on Sherlock Holmes stories, they'd be different. I wonder what kind of twists Takumi would put in them!
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

Racing through the sky like a Missile

I've only begun this case... but why can I not stop laughing!? It seems everything Ryu tries to do, despite the circumstances, gets up getting topsy-turvy on him... thanks to Susato.

Also, new headcanon: Ryu is secretly a dog.

Also, Holmes is secretly a ninja. He teleports in and out and slips things around. "Gee, whiz. There sure are a lot of criminals aboard this ship. Perhaps it's because it's traveling to London?"
No, that's not an actual line in the game, but it's very appropriate.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

1000% Knight

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME, CAPCOM

Spoiler: DGS-2
HE WAS CLUTCHING A CRESCENT MOON EARRING

THE MURDERER IS ATHENA RIGHT

EDIT:
Spoiler: Cases 1 and 2
In the case 1 thread, I said my hunch was that Jezail would be the last victim... I kinda think/hope the murder weapon will be Karma.

also...

KARMA?! SERIOUSLY?!!?

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Bad Player wrote:
EDIT:
Spoiler: Cases 1 and 2
In the case 1 thread, I said my hunch was that Jezail would be the last victim... I kinda think/hope the murder weapon will be Karma.

also...

KARMA?! SERIOUSLY?!!?

Spoiler:
The irony is so strong. I can imagine Barok at some point mentioning how much karma's a b*tch, and Ryu objects, saying it's actually a guy.

...I can only wish.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spoiler:
Why. In the words of another great attorney that lost his best friend: "DAAAMNIIIT! IT'S NOT FAAAAIR!" I knew he'd die beforehand, but damnit, I'm still crushed. And the way it all went down is just so frustrating. In general I don't like those accidental killings based on misunderstandings that could have easily been avoided, and to kill off such an important character that way feels... disappointing. At least it wasn't "tripped over a cat", but hey. Also I'm getting tired of the Susato tosses.

I did like how they pulled off a case without a single testimony. I also liked the overall atmosphere and the characters. I expected Sherlock to be a bit eccentric and silly, but I didn't expect... that. Love the presentation of the deduction parts, it reminds me of Ghost trick which is always a good thing in my book, and Sherlock and Ryu make a great, flashy dynamic duo (I mean, he even unlocked the handcuffs just so Ryu could swirl and point around). Niko looks like Nahyuta with Klavier's hair colour and hairswirl and Athena's plot-point-crescent-moon-earring. We never got to meet her cat :( Ryu is becoming the Maya of this game with his second arrest and having to be stopped from ringing the alarm and eating cheese from a mouse trap.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Happy Maria

Going for Miles wrote:
Spoiler:
Why. In the words of another great attorney that lost his best friend: "DAAAMNIIIT! IT'S NOT FAAAAIR!" I knew he'd die beforehand, but damnit, I'm still crushed. And the way it all went down is just so frustrating. In general I don't like those accidental killings based on misunderstandings that could have easily been avoided, and to kill off such an important character that way feels... disappointing. At least it wasn't "tripped over a cat", but hey. Also I'm getting tired of the Susato tosses.

I did like how they pulled off a case without a single testimony. I also liked the overall atmosphere and the characters. I expected Sherlock to be a bit eccentric and silly, but I didn't expect... that. Love the presentation of the deduction parts, it reminds me of Ghost trick which is always a good thing in my book, and Sherlock and Ryu make a great, flashy dynamic duo (I mean, he even unlocked the handcuffs just so Ryu could swirl and point around). Niko looks like Nahyuta with Klavier's hair colour and hairswirl and Athena's plot-point-crescent-moon-earring. We never got to meet her cat :( Ryu is becoming the Maya of this game with his second arrest and having to be stopped from ringing the alarm and eating cheese from a mouse trap.

Spoiler: D-2
Haha, well, this is certainly an interesting case. My major problem when solving it was that it was a bit short and…well, yeah, it's not fair at all. A little bit of an anticlimax.

The Susato tosses are a little overused here, but I think they decease in number throughout the game.

The presentation thing is one of the best parts of the game, it's very well done and Joint Reasonings are probably used the best here. Sherlock himself is also the best. I love seeing him randomly hang on the wall with a tiara on his head out of nowhere. I also like the part where he explains a snake did it…and Susato immediately deconstructs every part of that ridiculous premise. And also the red herring of Niko being the revolutionary for no reason. And speaking of…

I will also absolutely say that I believe Niko to be Armie's ancestor. Both blonde little girls with Russian heritage. It could work, really.

My biggest problem with this case now (don't read if you haven't completed DGS2) is that

Spoiler: DGS2 story
It feels even more pointless now that it's revealed Asougi never actually died. It feels like a waste of time after all that, which is a disappointment because I actually liked the risk it took with regards to that.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Haha, well, this is certainly an interesting case. My major problem when solving it was that it was a bit short and…well, yeah, it's not fair at all. A little bit of an anticlimax.

It was really short! I think it works for this case in particular though, they still managed to squeeze in quite a bit of content to it. Anticlimax, yes. I think Susato made a good point about that by the end of it.
Asougi had a bit of an almost rebellious stroke to him and seemed very idealistic, I thought that would somehow land him in trouble.

Quote:
I love seeing him randomly hang on the wall with a tiara on his head out of nowhere. I also like the part where he explains a snake did it…and Susato immediately deconstructs every part of that ridiculous premise.

Oh my god, yes. Also with recent adaptions of Sherlock stories painting him as this supercool supermind I loved how they turned that around here.

Quote:
I will also absolutely say that I believe Niko to be Armie's ancestor. Both blonde little girls with Russian heritage.

Oh, that's true. They do look quite similar. Maybe she did make it to America then after all (now I don't know whether they will return to that point later in the game, but I'll say that for the time being)

The Enigma

Going for Miles wrote:
Spoiler:
Quote:
I will also absolutely say that I believe Niko to be Armie's ancestor. Both blonde little girls with Russian heritage.

Oh, that's true. They do look quite similar. Maybe she did make it to America then after all (now I don't know whether they will return to that point later in the game, but I'll say that for the time being)

Whaaaaat are you guys talking about??

Spoiler:
Niko is obvs the ancestor of Phoenix! I mean, how else are we supposed to explain his Russian tendencies

All kidding aside, I hope you enjoy case 3, GFM! It's pretty fun, though kinda gets old because you spend the whole time in court. The ending will surprise you...
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Spoiler: ^
But as Holmesie deducted in this case, Ryuu himself is a Russian revolutionary!

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street