There is only one truth!
Gender: None specified
Rank: Desk Jockey
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:58 pm
This topic is open spoilers about everything
. Turn back now if you do not wish to see them. (Sorry, but I could not fit that in the title)
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1 left many unresolved plot points and asides that will (hopefully!) be addressed in future installments. For your theorizing convenience, here is a list of many of the unresolved plots and little incidents of note. If you do not see something on this list that should be there, please suggest any additions or links to threads where a plot is being discussed. I would like this list to be as complete and comprehensive as possible, so absolutely send me your feedback!
Please note that I will be editing this post frequently with corrections and new additions as I encounter them. The list will also be subject to reorganization as needed.
If anyone could post the message on the disks, that would be very helpful. I don't have the list of names right now or the message.
Use this thread to speculate about these unresolved plots!
List of unresolved plot pointsMajor conspiracy
• What is the "darkness
" lurking in London that Sherlock Holmes mentioned? (End of case 4
• What is the international incident involving Japan and England?
• The top-secret government information that Robert Crogley (Egg Benedict) stole was very short and said the following in Japanese Morse code: "K. Asougi, A. Sasha, T. Gregson, J. Watson. The above four people"
What does this mean? How are these four people related?
• What was the rest of the Japanese Morse message? The two disks recovered only contained part of the complete message. Were additional disks made? Why was the message only partial?
• Who was the Japanese Morse message intended for?
• How did the government find out certain top-secret information had been leaked in the first place?
• Who is A. Sasha? (It has been noted the name could be a pun on "ansatsu" (暗殺) -- assassination)
• Why did Cosney Megundal want top-secret government information that Robert Crogley had access too? Did he intend to pass it along to anyone in particular or blackmail the government?
• Is Tobias Gregson more than a detective at Scotland Yard since he was asked personally to recover government secrets? Who is giving him these secret orders?Case 1
• Why did Jezail Brett kill John H. Watson? Her motive was never established.
• Why was Japanese undercover agent Satoru Hosonaga at the restaurant with John H. Watson?
• Why was John H. Watson teaching at Teito Yūmei University for three years?
• Why did John Watson leave Iris Watson in the care of Sherlock Holmes? It was stated in case [?] that he left because of a case related to Sherlock, but what is it in particular?Case 2
• Why was Japanese undercover agent Satoru Hosonaga sent to protect Kazuma Asougi? (Hosonaga CLAIMED he was sent to be Asougi's bodyguard because international tensions/dislike of the exchange program might lead to an assassination attempt. Is this really the truth?)
• What was Kazuma Asougi's mission? (It's the name of his OST!)
• What was Kazuma Asougi's purpose for traveling to Japan?
• Why was Sherlock Holmes in Japan and why did he return to London when he did?
• Why is there unrest in Russia?Case 3
• Why did Chief Justice Hart Vortex assign Ryuunosuke Naruhodou to Cosney Megundal's case, even though Justice Vortex has little reason to trust his abilities?
• What happened to the luggage in the hidden compartment of the Phoenix Wright Omnibus which was removed during the evidence tampering incident?
• How did Barok van Zieks get that two stroke cross-shaped scar between his eyes? Is it a coincidence that Barok's scar is shaped like a Japanese student attorney's badge? (Scar
, Student Badge
• Why was Chief Justice Hart Vortex one hour late for a meeting with Ryuu, despite his rigorous attention to time?
• Who were the gaudy gentleman fop and the man with the titanic chin in case 4? (Link to picture
What is in Iris's locked chest that is being used as a tea table in 221B? (Link to translation)
(Resolved according to charlesbarkley
• Minor issues that may have answers I don't know about yet. Why were the windows of the Garrideb's bricked up? Who abused the bicycle in front of the Garrideb's and why? Why is there a smashed cart in the snowman lot background?Case 5
• What happened to Sherlock's evidence analyzer that was pawned because Sherlock was broke? (Machine in detail
, Machine removed
• Why was the maid juror (or someone who looked like her) shown as a well-dressed lady in the stereoscope image in case 5? (Lady from stereoscope
, Juror #2
• Whose white cat is shown in the stereoscope picture with the snowman from the crime scene of case 4? Megundahl was the one who had the picture in his coat pocket, meaning that it had to be taken recently and at the case 4 crime scene with the snowman. Is that Megundahl's cat? (White cat
• Megundahl used the pawn password "Professor" for his coat with Disk 1 in it. That obviously has some meaning to him. Was that a reference to Professor Moriarty, Watson who was a Professor at the Japanese University, or something else?
• Who is the spy infiltrating the justice system mentioned in the bottom of the newspaper clipping in case 5? (‘Spy in the Ministry of Justice? Leak of top-secret transmission possible’: A leak of transmission information between britain and an allied nation to an enemy country…?)(Image of paper
• What happened to Susato's father and why did he fall ill suddenly (according to Justice Vortex)?
• How did Susato know about the Hound of the Baskervilles?
• What was in the unpublished Hound of the Baskervilles manuscript that Sherlock needed to keep out of the public eye?General Issues
• Is Prosecutor Barok's curse simply a streak of unluckiness, or have there been incidents where defendants he tried to prosecute were actually murdered specifically to fulfill the curse?
• Why did Prosecutor Barok take a break from prosecuting for five years. What did he do in the interim?
• Why did Prosecutor Barok return to prosecuting after his five year leave?
• What is Barok's past with an unknown Japanese friend that later betrayed his trust and turned his back on him? Who is this Japanese ex-friend? (See NinjAngel's post for clarification
• Why is Iris so bright for her age?
• Why is the World Expo at the Crystal Palace mentioned so many times across multiple cases by various individuals? Will it be a setting for a future case? (Image of world expo flyer
) Notes: The Russian Revolutionary mentioned wanting to sabotage it, Sherlock accused "Egg Benedict" of conspiring to tunnel into the bank across from Hatch's Pawn shop where money for the expo is being held.
Last edited by Chekhov MacGuffin on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:05 am, edited 32 times in total.