Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Translation playthrough suggestion?Topic%20Title

Athena Internet Defense Force

Anyone have a suggestion for a decent translated playthrough?
Re: Translation playthrough suggestion?Topic%20Title

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Check out dowolf's stuff on YT. He has a pretty decent naming scheme for the characters too. He's still in the first case though.

But I think Dai Gyakuten Saiban (that's the name) has finished to the somewhere in the fifth case. I dunno about the accuracy of the translation, but it's decent for the most part.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Athena Internet Defense Force

dowolf dropped the game during the third case. He didn't like the competition's emphasis on quick tanslation over thorough translation.

I'm inclined to agree. That "Dai Gyakuten Saiban" account just does the bare minimum (no unnecessary pressing and no evidence translation).

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
dowolf dropped the game during the third case. He didn't like the competition's emphasis on quick tanslation over thorough translation.

I'm inclined to agree. That "Dai Gyakuten Saiban" account just does the bare minimum (no unnecessary pressing and no evidence translation).

It was just the first case, actually. The part 3.9 thing refers to the checkpoints.
Signature loading, please wait...

Photographer Fanatic

I'm here to shamefully plug myself as I just started up my own LP for this series.

They are voiced as an FYI, in case you prefer to watch LPs without commentary and I'm using a script separate from Dowolf and DGS. I press and put translated evidence information if it is provided to me, since I'm not fluent in Japanese and solely going by the script the translator has kindly given to me to make this LP. (Pressing and checking items will be more prominent in later cases since she is currently re-working the script to include more extras).

Posting from me is going to be slow for a while though, since the first case has me waiting on the person I casted to voice Asougi to send his lines in before I can post. All of Case 1 is done recording, but he has only submitted lines for three videos so far.

OBJECTION!

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
That "Dai Gyakuten Saiban" account just does the bare minimum (no unnecessary pressing and no evidence translation).

I started watching these videos last week and I just got to the final video. I assumed that the translation was complete, but the final video is actually only like half done. I've really enjoyed it so far! But I'm really disappointed because there is only like an hour left untranslated and I really want to know what happens. I do like the fact that the person playing the game does usually seem to know exactly what to do (meaning that they never really do the unnecessary things like you said). It keeps the pace going, aside from a couple moments where the person seemed to have some brain farts.

Has anyone else been keeping up with this translation? I'd really like to know what pace they are working at, because I want to know when I can expect for it to be done. And like I said, I am really curious to see what happens. Thanks :edgey:

Currently they're quite slow, like one update (10 more minutes of translations) every 1.5-2 weeks.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

The Dai Gyakuten Saiban page finished the game. I haven't watched it yet, but it looks like there's now a way for fans to watch the complete main story.

I'm still holding out, but I'm not sure how long I can, as I beat SoJ but am still craving more AA. I seriously doubt it's ever coming, though, so I'm tempted to just watch it.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street