Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 1 of 1[ 13 posts ]

Thought the case 5 killer was someone else? [OPEN SPOILERS]Topic%20Title

Oh right, this was a thing.

THIS THREAD CONTAINS OPEN SPOILERS RELATED TO THE CASE 5 KILLER AND THEORIES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, HIT THE BACK BUTTON RIGHT NOW. I DO NOT WANT TO GET YELLED AT BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE BAD :larry:
Alright? Not going to yell? Alright.
So for a long time before the game was released, I was wondering who the killer of case 5 was going to be. It all started when someone brought up their thoughts. Of course, this turned out to be wrong, but it was certainly an interesting one.
Also understand how since my understanding of the cases are limited because they're in Japanese and Bolt only highlighted key points so we get the basic gist, my theory may be completely shot down by the time a full translation (fan or otherwise) comes out. So don't yell at me.

Anyway, I had thought that Sherlock Holmes himself was the killer. Why?
1. When the Case 2 Joint Reasoning demonstration video was released, someone on Skype told me how it was strange that Sherlock Holmes, the greatest detective mind of the 19th century, had to be corrected by Ryuunosuke Naruhodou, an average joe who wasn't even an attorney at that point in the story.
I thought it was strange, too. Perhaps this "Sherlock Holmes" was an impersonator?
Spoiler: 5-5
I wouldn't be surprised, since we had an impersonator who managed to keep his act up for 7 years for Dual Destinies. We'll also be coming back to this later.

Time passed, and then the game was released.
2. Case 2: We were introduced to Sherlock Holmes himself. My suspicions rose up again as his deductions appeared to be rather unusual.
He looked at Ryuunosuke and asked if he was a Russian revolutionary. Specifically the one in the newspaper that comes back as a jurist in case 5. Ryuu says that he and the guy in the newspaper looked nothing alike, then Sherlock responds saying:
"Maybe you revolutionized your face?"
...Yeah. Real convincing.
I had also noticed an Impersonator theme in the ripped soundtrack that someone posted on YouTube. Hmmmm...
3. Case 4: I had missed case 3 entirely at this point, and caught Case 4 in the middle of the investigation. But I still managed to catch it when Sherlock acts strange again. Ryuu and Susato run into Sherlock again, and he seems to have forgotten their names.
"Mr. Mikotoba and Miss Naruhodou, wasn't it?"
Then again, this could just be a joke, but at least I've never heard of someone using this kind of joke before.
4. Case 5: So I heard that Sherlock got shot, and he landed himself in the hospital. My theory had taken a hit here, but I was still hoping that it was correct. Then waltzes in Egg Benedict, also known as Robert Cragley.
...Robert.
The short name for Robert is Bobby.

This almost guaranteed my theory to be correct, and I was getting an adrenaline rush.
Plus the way he moves dramatically. It's almost like Sherlock.
His face and hair colour even match Sherlock's to a degree.
And as a side note, his suit even looks like Fulbright's.

...But then my theory crumbles to dust as Sherlock enters the room.
...And then the trial ends with Robert being the killer.
... ;~;

So that was my theory on who the killer was. Did you guys have any other ideas? I would like to hear them!
~UltrawaveStudios~
Re: Thought the case 5 killer was someone else? [OPEN SPOILETopic%20Title

Mia Payne

imo he was the weakest final villian and the weakest "culprit" in the game

There is only one truth!

Blizdi wrote:
imo he was the weakest final villian

I thought the true final villain was Megendahl and case 5 was cleaning up after his mess.

Anyway, I though the case 5 villain was going to be someone else -- say Megendahl faked his death and let someone else die in his place -- but as case 5 wore on I realized Robert would be the final boss. I did not expect Gregson to get involved. That was some left field crazy.

I will expect more from Sherlock in later games. I think he has a hidden potential being the trickster-type character he is.

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Yeah, Megundal was pretty much the true final villain of DGS. Robert's just the final boss (along with Gregson, I guess).

Which is kind of a running thing in Takumi's games (except 1-5 and AJ), where technically speaking the final boss (the final witness) isn't the final villain of their respective game, though in this case it bears a sort of resemblance to that of T&T. In T&T it was twofold, owing to the fact that the final villain (Dahlia Hawthrone) and the final murderer (Godot) are two different people with two very different goals, and by the time you get to the final witness (Maya Fey), Dahlia had already been thoroughly beaten. This is kind of different, since the final villain didn't even show up for the final case since, well, he died. And there are no spirit mediums around (as far as we know), so...yeah.

As for what I thought would be the Case 5 villain? Well, I didn't really know what to expect. Heck, what I thought Case 5 would be ended up being very different from what it actually was. Though, it seems that Takumi is planning to make a more tightly-woven, interconnected series (hopefully a trilogy), maybe the theories would hold more stock for, say, Case D2-5 or D3-5!
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Mia Payne

Chekhov MacGuffin wrote:
Blizdi wrote:
imo he was the weakest final villian

I thought the true final villain was Megendahl and case 5 was cleaning up after his mess.

Anyway, I though the case 5 villain was going to be someone else -- say Megendahl faked his death and let someone else die in his place -- but as case 5 wore on I realized Robert would be the final boss. I did not expect Gregson to get involved. That was some left field crazy.

I will expect more from Sherlock in later games. I think he has a hidden potential being the trickster-type character he is.

But that doesn't change the fact that his arguments boiled down to "Yeah? You proved how I did it? So what?" "Yeah? You proved I was there? So what?" "Yeah? You proved I had a motive? So what?" And the fact that we never take him down, we make Gregson confess also reminded me of the shitty Kristoph confrontation of 1 testimony + 20 minutes of talking

元・超会社員級の管理人

Blizdi wrote:
imo he was the weakest final villian and the weakest "culprit" in the game

In a world in which AAI exists, this can never be true.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Just a cute lil' bun-bun

You should replace that with DD :will:

Oh right, this was a thing.

Broocevelt wrote:
You should replace that with DD :will:

This right here.
~UltrawaveStudios~

元・超会社員級の管理人

I don't see any reason we can't have both.

(I mean, say what you will about AAI's finale, but at least the boss there had a personality.)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Well, that trial sure was interesting!

Quote:
(I mean, say what you will about AAI's finale, but at least the boss there had a personality.)

And it was pretty clear Alba's in charge, too.

When you get down to it, the phantom's ultimately a hired spy who had a lot of trouble keeping his identity a secret (and failed in his mission, even!). The reveal was great (at least at first), and I really liked the sequence leading to his breakdown, but...yeah.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

FWEET CLICK FWEET

My Opinion is that he is a good character and that his breakdown as a boss compared to the others is second best the first is the one from Apollo justice But as a boss himself LAME that is my opinion on the boss

Little Bird

Yeah, I don't think it's possible to have a more disappointing final villain than DD's. Having the villain be the detective was okay....but then he turned into a ~personality-less~ Callisto Yew-esque knock off, which kind of ruined him for me.

But that's a topic for another thread. :P

Happy Maria

I actually really loved Sherlock in this game. I though him to be hilarious in every way possible.
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street