Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

So, the translators are "keeping close to source" but...Topic%20Title

Mia Payne

...why are they not making characters who speak english in-universe, speak English?

It makes no sense to me.

EDIT: Since this was posted, they announced the possibility of English VA, so this topic is irrelevant now

Last edited by Blizdi on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: So, the translators are "keeping close to source" but...Topic%20Title

I think it's a lot harder to import voice clips than text... Probably... But to my understanding, they're still speaking English. It's sort of complicated because it's all one language, but, like, case 1 is in Japanese, and most of the rest of the game is in English I think?

Deception&&contradiction

mujie wrote:
I think it's a lot harder to import voice clips than text... Probably... But to my understanding, they're still speaking English. It's sort of complicated because it's all one language, but, like, case 1 is in Japanese, and most of the rest of the game is in English I think?

Nah man, you're just making excuses for them, replacing voice clips has been done to hell and back in 3DS hacks.

I appreciate these people translating for us all but I have to agree, they kinda rub me the wrong way at times.

The fun, enthusiasm and passion the amazing AAI2 team had does'nt seem to be there and I know they're different people but something seems to be missing y'know? Well at least we get the translation at the end of the day, I suppose. :yogi:

Deception&&contradiction

mujie wrote:

Nah man, you're just making excuses for them, replacing voice clips has been done to hell and back in 3DS hacks.

I appreciate these people translating for us all but I have to agree, they kinda rub me the wrong way at times.

The fun, enthusiasm and passion the amazing AAI2 team had does'nt seem to be there and I know they're different people but something seems to be missing y'know? Well at least we get the translation at the end of the day, I suppose. :yogi:

Man with no plan

First of all, didn't they say in a blog post some time ago that they were looking for voice actors? So maybe they've thought of it but haven't implemented it yet.

Second of all, it's a reaaally small detail overall, on one hand it's great to get the original voice acting, and on the other i'd just rather be thankful for a high quality translation.

EDIT: Whoops, just realized this is a huge necro, I recently started playing the translation and thought the DGS forum was more active. Move along nothing to see here :yogi:
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Baker Street