Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 9 of 9[ 323 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Re: Case five discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

Wriggling piece of plywood

For better or worse, this case has so much going on just in the investigation parts. I'm replaying it now and have been doing so really slowly, with fairly small chunks at a time, partly due to having a lot to do, but I really think the case benefits from it. The first time I played it I was so curious to go on to see what would happen and I wanted to finish the game, but it also left me a bit exhausted and impatient at times. Now that I know what will happen I enjoy it more being able to slow the experience down and focus more and try to read between the lines. In general I feel that some cases are better at a second or third playthrough and/or taken in at different paces. I felt the same way with 4-4.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

You are probably right. I have yet to replay any of SoJ because in afraid that the more I think about things it will become less good like DD but i also have a feeling this won't.

I think 6-5 does arguably a bad job at playing with your expectations because it's just one new thread after another from day 1 to the end if day 2 and they really didn't allude well to stuff like Dhurke and Apollo's subplot of day 1 beforehand and the big bold move at the end of the game is also weird. A certain big bad character just dies and random stuff happens with Maya. It was really oddly layed out I thought and sometimes it kind of put a lud on the drama because you can feel a slight lack of cohesion in the cause and effect game. I felt as if I spent a lot of this case just going "what is this now??" When new turns occurred as opposed to a case like 3-5 where it felt more like "holy shit, did that just happen?"

And I think despite those oddities the case was still nice in its own way and I wonder if it's not better for it a second time that all expectations are replaced by the fact that you know exactly what happens and you just look at it for what it is. Then you can also easilier compensate for whenever the foreshadowing isn't properly done in your headcanon lol.

It feels like the set pieces they had, and the basic story was actually nice but the blueprint they used for the case plot wasn't tight enough.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Wriggling piece of plywood

That animation where Nayna quickly slides in and out of the screen fetching Rayfa's robe, I can't get over how much I wish Phoenix would have gotten a similar animation when he has to get the robe in Nayna's absence during the Khura'in trial.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Page 9 of 9 [ 323 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)