Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 42 of 42[ 1676 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Re: GS6 IdeasTopic%20Title

Beautiful flower

Whoops found the link to the interview , basically they said it's a new series... so I think it counts as a spin-off?

By the way... speaking about game mechanics, something's bothering me. Will majority of this game take place in the new country? It would be a waste if they introduce a new game mechanic, but limits its usage to one case. :lana:

(It seems more and more probable now that they'll remove Apollo/Athena/both... nooooo )
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

Great Revival

Chips wrote:
Whoops found the link to the interview , basically they said it's a new series... so I think it counts as a spin-off?

By the way... speaking about game mechanics, something's bothering me. Will majority of this game take place in the new country? It would be a waste if they introduce a new game mechanic, but limits its usage to one case. :lana:

(It seems more and more probable now that they'll remove Apollo/Athena/both... nooooo )

It seems the whole game will be in this foreign country.

ob9410 wrote:
Chips wrote:

It seems the whole game will be in this foreign country.

It seems certain more than one case will take place in this country, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for them to introduce the water mirrors as "new gameplay element".
I wouldn't worry too much about Apollo/Athena. They didn't say they won't reappear, so there's no reason to assume they won't appear. It took Capcom more than half a year to announce that Apollo would come back for AA5.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Well, now that I've had my time to ponder over the news, all this mention to spirituality in this foreign country opens up exciting new prospects. If it's not Tibet, it's a place inspired by Tibet, and that means a new culture to explore. What's so bad about that? Nothing at all. :p

It does seem like Maya has a much greater chance than any other returning character to show. Still, we've had three full games of her as the assistant. I'm pretty sure Yamazaki's team is trying to move away from having her as the assistant all over again. It's why they keep introducing new people to stand by Nick's side. She'll probably show up instead as a major character who wields more influence than Nick in these parts, being Master and all. I'd also think her and Nick's mission don't coincide, but they'd travel there together anyway. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean they can't hang out with each other for a good while. The ol' combo is coming back, guys, I can feel it!

Meanwhile, out of the few new characters we've seen from the scans, neither Bokto nor the oracle girl seem likely candidates for the role of assistant. Bokto can help Nick settle in, but he's going to be the defendant of the first case, so he won't have much of a chance to assist. That oracle girl certainly seems like antagonist material, so she's not sticking by his side. And while Bokto could be the assistant for later cases, I don't see him as such. First of all, Capcom's PR would be all over his status as the new main assistant if he was. Secondly, he's a part-time tour guide. He may act as Nick's personal guide around town, but he won't be able to help him with the cases. Lastly, he may be a monk in training, but practically everyone in town has that magatama about their necks, even the judge. I don't think he'll be channeling any spirits either. Besides, we already have an oracle for that, and she's not going to be very willing to help if she's not convinced first.

That leaves the space open. I can only hope Trucy returns to accompany Nick again, just between them as father and daughter, but I doubt it. She'll have even less of a chance than Bokto to do anything useful. That leaves Apollo and/or Athena, unless we're getting yet another new assistant... who I would be curious about, but not looking forward to.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I mean, if anyone deserves better treatment as far as returning cast goes from DD, it's definitely Trucy, but after DD I just fear they can't write her without making every dialogue about her magic panties :S
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Oh right, this was a thing.

SweetieBot wrote:
Spoiler: Spoilers concerning some final bosses in the series, including GS5
We've had some unexpected characters turning out to be the final boss. The defendant (Engarde), the prosecutor (Godot), the mentor (Kristoph), the detective (Fulbright)... How about the assistant? A character like Maya, or Trucy, or Kay, or Athena... being the killer in the last case! I'm not talking about them, but a character in the same role. Nobody would expect that. Unless you read this. Sorry for spoiling GS6, guys.

Well... I was thinking of something along those lines for a fangame, actually.
Spoiler: Something related to the above, including 3-5 spoilers
Case 1: Maya leaves after the trial for whatever reason
Case 2: Maya appears to go missing, and a new assistant steps in to help Wright out and stuff.
However... Before the events of Case 2, Maya had channeled a spirit that went mad. Any specifics of who the spirit is, I haven't thought of yet.
It's kinda like 3-5 with Dahlia's spirit in Maya.
Since channeling a spirit alters the host's body and voice completely, the possessed Maya runs away and changes her outfit. She then goes to Wright as an assistant to cover her tracks.
During the course of the game, she will help you out. However, you will eventually piece together that your assistant was Maya the entire time. How? Don't ask me.
And at the final act, your assistant breaks down and threatens to kill herself, and by extension, Maya. And by some means, the spirit loses and leaves Maya's body, ending the game soon after.

This is just a rough outline of what could happen so... Yeah. What do you think?
~UltrawaveStudios~

All fine and all, except for one thing: We'd need a new assistant character. It would make the final boss all the easier to pinpoint and give mystery game fans all across Japan the excuse to spam "犯人はヤス" everywhere.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the final boss of this game turns out to be a dead spirit.
Spoiler: Do we still need to tag T&T spoilers?
I just hope this dead spirit won't be anything like Dahlia. Now, if Maya is forced to channel another spirit, like how her mother had done, that would be an interesting confrontation... or heck, it might not be a confrontation at all.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Revival

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
All fine and all, except for one thing: We'd need a new assistant character. It would make the final boss all the easier to pinpoint and give mystery game fans all across Japan the excuse to spam "犯人はヤス" everywhere.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the final boss of this game turns out to be a dead spirit.
Spoiler: Do we still need to tag T&T spoilers?
I just hope this dead spirit won't be anything like Dahlia.

I just used Google Translate on that and may I ask what "Yasu" means?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Portopia_Serial_Murder_Case

This game is like the FF7 of Detective games sold exclusively in Japan, so naturally, the spoilers from the game run rampant on Japanese servers. The primary assistant to the detective, the main character, is named Yasuhiko Mano. Everyone calls him Yasu.

This may or may not be one reason why the AA series has yet to see a case with the main assistant as the killer. That, or they just really love their useful or useless teen assistants.

Great Revival

This game is like the FF7 of Detective games sold exclusively in Japan, so naturally, the spoilers from the game run rampant on Japanese servers. The primary assistant to the detective, the main character, is named Yasuhiko Mano. Everyone calls him Yasu.

This may or may not be one reason why the AA series has yet to see a case with the main assistant as the killer. That, or they just really love their useful or useless teen assistants.

Ah, okay, thanks Rubia!

Gardevoir lover

That sounds awesome, i might have to check it out someday..

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

迷探偵

Spoiler:
The reason why Yasu worked so well in Portopia doesn't apply to AA though. Part of why it was so genius was because Yasu was not simply the assistant. All the commands in the game were directed at him (you ordered him to interrogate suspects, to search the environment etc.), so he was actually part of the interface and not just another character in the game.

The game is kinda frustrating to play w/o a walkthrough though.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

That leaves the space open. I can only hope Trucy returns to accompany Nick again, just between them as father and daughter, but I doubt it. She'll have even less of a chance than Bokto to do anything useful. That leaves Apollo and/or Athena, unless we're getting yet another new assistant... who I would be curious about, but not looking forward to.

If Nick has to choose one of his pupils, Athena probably would make more sense for this kind of quest. I mean, she's the 'courtroom revolutionaire' and speaks several languages( although not Tibetan or whatever they speak in this country full of yaks and lamas and temples and snowy mountains), and, frankly, leaving Apollo in charge of the office seems more reasonable. Or maybe they're all going and the certain mission is a team-bonding vacation in the Himalayas.

My favorite option would be Trucy. She has Apollo's power, so she could do that. Her ability isn't as powerful as his, but that's probably because she doesn't have a bracelet. But someone could give her one. You know, someone who has a bracelet like Apollo's that she doesn't use. And she just happens to be an internationally famous singer that could be performing anywhere in the world, making her one of the few cameos that would actually make sense in this game.

On a side note, my mind is still blown. I don't think I'll recover before Christmas.

luck wrote:
If Nick has to choose one of his pupils, Athena probably would make more sense for this kind of quest. I mean, she's the 'courtroom revolutionaire' and speaks several languages( although not Tibetan or whatever they speak in this country full of yaks and lamas and temples and snowy mountains), and, frankly, leaving Apollo in charge of the office seems more reasonable.

To continue this thought. What if Phoenix and Athena solve some cases in Not-Tibet, while at the same time Apollo is confronted with a strange case in Japan the US. Of course for some convenient reason it is connected to the cases Phoenix&Athena investigate and in the grand finale they combine their forces to solve the whole mystery by solving the cases simultaneously in both countries.

Yeah, of course it's a stupid idea, but I don't think ALL the cases will take place in Not-Tibet and I assume Apollo and Athena will come back in reasonably important roles.

If we're going to have two teams solving cases in different parts of the world, I'd rather if Apollo and Athena stay together. They work very well together in many senses, including the meta one. Phoenix could either take Trucy with him or meet up with Maya in Tebit, or both.

Art Person

Lusankya wrote:
luck wrote:
If Nick has to choose one of his pupils, Athena probably would make more sense for this kind of quest. I mean, she's the 'courtroom revolutionaire' and speaks several languages( although not Tibetan or whatever they speak in this country full of yaks and lamas and temples and snowy mountains), and, frankly, leaving Apollo in charge of the office seems more reasonable.

To continue this thought. What if Phoenix and Athena solve some cases in Not-Tibet, while at the same time Apollo is confronted with a strange case in Japan the US. Of course for some convenient reason it is connected to the cases Phoenix&Athena investigate and in the grand finale they combine their forces to solve the whole mystery by solving the cases simultaneously in both countries.

Yeah, of course it's a stupid idea, but I don't think ALL the cases will take place in Not-Tibet and I assume Apollo and Athena will come back in reasonably important roles.

I'd like it if they did the whole back-and-forth between Japanifornia and Non-Tibet/Tebit. Maybe when the investigation or trial goes to the "save" screen, you shift to the other part of what's happening (not at crucial moments though, or else you'll forget what just happened in the trial!)

Quote:
It could play out like this:
Phoenix: ("Whaaaaaa!? The killer was really ___!?)"
Judge: "The trial will reconvene the following day. Court is dismissed!"
*gavel pound*
Epic transition
>To Apollo's side

Maybe the water-mirror could show what Apollo was doing in his case back home.

"Mirror, mirror on the floor. Who shall be next to explore?"

In all fairness, I don't see how well the jump back and forth will be implemented should they take it in that direction. If this game is going to be focused on a new country and its strange legal system, then it should stay there. What's the point of advertising the game like so if we're just going to return to Japan(ifornia) at some point? It shows a lack of focus that both AJ and DD have suffered from.

But, we can still play guesswork with a returning assistant/lawyer. At some point, maybe Nick literally flips something on its head gets himself into some trouble, and he's not viable to take the defense? He'll need backup. That way, they can keep the multiple-playable-lawyers structure from DD if they want to.

For some reason, I get the feeling this game may leave some new trauma-inducing images, not unlike DD's last case.

Come on, an entire town populated by people who believe in spirits and even have an oracle princess who can summon such spirits back to the living world? That's either a recipe for some horrific disaster or for a greek hero movie.

*sigh* I will never again be able to unsee Nick as Superman.

Gettin' Old!

Maya's mastery of spirit energy and powers plus her love of action movies and shows lead her to become a full-on, fireball-hurling, ultra-comboing street fighter character.

Then she consequently arrested on suspicion of murder promptly because of these abilities.

Then she channels the spirit of Roid-Rageo and breaks the puny arresting officer's spines in a jailbreak.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

If Athena is out, maybe we can finally see Pearl/Trucy/Maya as the assistant during trials, but I guess that little boy wil be the assistant.

New~

I've been thinking about this, how about a hypnotist villain?
It'll be pretty hard to defend someone being hypnotized, since whether he is hypnotized, he is still the killer. And you can't prove who is the hypnotist. Seems like an awesome villain, but i wonder if it's a bit too powerful?

I wouldn't think it's "too powerful". Sounds like it's just the right amount of evil.

Besides, in a country where everyone believes in ghosts, there has got to be a cult.

New~

I wouldn't think it's "too powerful". Sounds like it's just the right amount of evil.

Besides, in a country where everyone believes in ghosts, there has got to be a cult.

Spoiler:
I see. But what i fear is he's becoming too much like Quercus Alba. For someone who can manipulate/hypnotise to do his action regardless of position. He's basically above them given the chance. For example he can simply hypnotise a judge to do a guilty verdict.

Great Revival

D_Albertz wrote:

Spoiler:
I see. But what i fear is he's becoming too much like Quercus Alba. For someone who can manipulate/hypnotise to do his action regardless of position. He's basically above them given the chance. For example he can simply hypnotise a judge to do a guilty verdict.

Then Nick can be all :objection: and poke his eye out, which is the source of his abilities. :yogi:

D_Albertz wrote:

Spoiler:

You could basically equate the same for any conniving villain who operates from the shadows, but the main difference here is that it'd be someone who has to resort to hypnotism to get his/her way. What if someone doesn't want to be hypnotised into it? That plan would fail promptly and drastically. Then it's onto plan B...

Or, if it's how hypnotism seems to work in fiction, everyone is perfectly susceptible and thus everyone is also perfectly susceptible to Nick's objections. Everything works out.

New~

D_Albertz wrote:

Spoiler:

You could basically equate the same for any conniving villain who operates from the shadows, but the main difference here is that it'd be someone who has to resort to hypnotism to get his/her way. What if someone doesn't want to be hypnotised into it? That plan would fail promptly and drastically. Then it's onto plan B...

Or, if it's how hypnotism seems to work in fiction, everyone is perfectly susceptible and thus everyone is also perfectly susceptible to Nick's objections. Everything works out.

Actually the way hypnotism work in my head, is basically like Kindaichi/Detective School Q. Everyone susceptible to hypnotism and under that spell they can kill each other. Instant hypnotism i said...but i do prefer a long way to hypnotize than instantly.

Anyway, i think one of the cross-examination will involves breaking the witness/defendant from the hypnotism spell.

I didn't know whether or not this was worthy of its own thread but I'll ask here

When do you guys think the series will be fully voice-acted (or trial segments, at the very least). I know people will say that they prefer no voice acting, and I think I do as well, but more and more visual novels are doing it

It wouldn't be impossible for Ace Attorney either. If only trial segments were voiced, barring the DLC case, Dual Destinies would have 21 characters that needed to be voiced. That's one below SDR2's 22 voiced characters. If you include the DLC case, the number goes to 25, but I still don't think it's that unlikely

JesusMonroe wrote:
I didn't know whether or not this was worthy of its own thread but I'll ask here

When do you guys think the series will be fully voice-acted (or trial segments, at the very least). I know people will say that they prefer no voice acting, and I think I do as well, but more and more visual novels are doing it

It wouldn't be impossible for Ace Attorney either. If only trial segments were voiced, barring the DLC case, Dual Destinies would have 21 characters that needed to be voiced. That's one below SDR2's 22 voiced characters. If you include the DLC case, the number goes to 25, but I still don't think it's that unlikely

It's up to Capcom if they want to hire voice actors. I don't doubt that they have plenty of potential VAs lined up.

However, now that they've released news on an official anime, I don't know if they'd feel the need to add voice acting to the games, especially that the series has done fine without them. Granted, there are bound to be animated scenes in games since PLvsAA started the trend, but they will probably be a bit scarcer in GS6 since there's more emphasis on 3D animation instead.

It worked for the DR games because they already had VAs ready to start an anime series. As of now, at least I'd figure, the GS anime is still looking for VAs to take those roles.

Gettin' Old!

JesusMonroe wrote:

I'd like voice acted breakdowns. Those were really good in PWvsPL but I don't think it'd really appeal being fully voice acted.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I wouldn't mind voiced sections, but I prefer to have most of it be the bleeps and blops from the non-voiced dialogues. I also don't want too much of Sam-Riegel Nick.

It to would actually be pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I trust the localization team to not screw up with the English dubbing.

Well, since I'm still assuming we'll have cutscenes or certain voiced segments, I think Brad Swaile could do a pretty good job as Phoenix (just finished Death Note)

Hey, guys. I've (just now) found the retranslation of the GS6 extended trailer. It's done and voiced by the same cast that did it for the GS5 & DGS trailers a while back. And whoo, this retranslation is one of the best in a long time!

http://nicoco.net/sm27345972
Off-site of Nico Douga, so no account required. To load the video player, hit the green button! (Below the video are the in-video comments from both uploader and viewers.)

Edit: At first, I considered translating it literally, but then I thought, nah, reinterpreting everything is way more fun. Here ya go, guys.

Spoiler: very loose translations of garbled text
The complete demise of West Asia...
A locality of mystery and trust: "The World of Kurain"
This country's court is...
The "Give-up Courthouse", supposedly.

Bokuto: I... didn't zukkuyomusun anyone!
Someone! Someone, Touga...!

A decision by the Code of Kurain...
"The attorney in absence"

Judge: Has resigned.
In this country, there are no attorneys to save you, but...

<I oppose that!>

Phoenix: In the case that I'm not a lawyer...
I assert that I can explain the defendant's innocence, have'm!

- Attorney of a foreign country -
- Kihotou Ruiri -

Phoenix: Well, you are the people living in this world!
It's what has brought an attorney to his death...
Deciding the verdict without an attorney?
There's no way I can let that slide!

<Appointment!>

Leifa: What a ridiculous attorney.
In my country's courts, we don't use attorneys!

- Princess Witch of Kurain -
- fa PADOMA Kurain, please radiate -

Leifa: Mah spiritual abilities are
the sole and absolute determinant of the verdict!

"The Spirit Mediator's Ideal"
That would be...
the secret art to playing back the scapegoat's last memory before death!

Leifa: What the victim last saw... seems to be the figure of the accused
swinging down a weapon, danaun!

Phoenix: That mannerism...!
This way, it's completely decisive!

In an unexpectedly nationwide and unexpected court...
Phoenix, facing his greatest danger yet, the assaulting seihodou!
"Spirit Medium" Trial Revision!

Phoenix: However,
I can't give up on that for the resurrection-screw!

Come-from-behind Trial 6
That is what seems to be released in 2016.

Apollo: I'm totally fine.
Even if Mr. Knew-it isn't here,
I can fight against it and all.
I have to win, ya know?
Like,
Even if I get with that man...!

I think I've fallen in love with the suggested title: "Come-from-behind裁判6" (>ᗨ<。)
Also, Apollo confirmed to be gay & his opponent is probably his potential boyfriend.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I thinking of a scenario in which Apollo has to use his Perceive ability on Trucy. It would end up like when you use the Mood Matrix on Blackquill, so Trucy would be able to avoid and explain away contradictions because she's familiar with perceiving.

Gardevoir lover

MBr wrote:
I thinking of a scenario in which Apollo has to use his Perceive ability on Trucy. It would end up like when you use the Mood Matrix on Blackquill, so Trucy would be able to avoid and explain away contradictions because she's familiar with perceiving.

That would be awesome, but that implies that the writers care for Trucy.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
Page 42 of 42 [ 1676 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)