Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 6 of 6[ 207 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Re: Which AA Character you'd like to see in GS6?Topic%20Title

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Since AA6 is already on the road to bringing every possible returning character back for fanservice I'm expecting Gumshoe, Ema and Franziska too.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Unpopular opinion but I don't want anyone else to return at this point (even Maya who is my all time fav Capcom character I'm iffy on).

Since Takumi is no longer writing the series I feel the new writers should just make new characters from here on out instead of bringing back classic ones just to make fans happy.

Know no one will agree with me but eh, just how I feel.

HOWEVER if Takumi started writing the main series again then I'd want him to finally let Apollo and Trucy meet their mother again and discover their relationship to each other.

The video game boy; the one who wins

No, I agree. I think the new people are pretty good at making new characters, (eg. Badd, Simon, Yumihiko, Dr. Crab), but they can't really make the old ones justice (eg. well... Justice, Trucy, Edgeworth).
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Gardevoir lover

DaveIsAnAceAttorney wrote:
Unpopular opinion but I don't want anyone else to return at this point (even Maya who is my all time fav Capcom character I'm iffy on).

Since Takumi is no longer writing the series I feel the new writers should just make new characters from here on out instead of bringing back classic ones just to make fans happy.

Know no one will agree with me but eh, just how I feel.

HOWEVER if Takumi started writing the main series again then I'd want him to finally let Apollo and Trucy meet their mother again and discover their relationship to each other.

I agree with you. Heck they make it perfectly clear when they announced AA6 that Phoenix just doesn't have anything left to do back in Japanifornia s they made go to a different country.
...Why not just make an entirely new cast? I mean Yamazaki's team really does do a good job making their own new characters, especially rivals.
But with returning characters most of them just don't feel the same... Like a certain someone :trucy:

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

With Trucy I felt like nobody knew what to do with her, and then they just used a bunch of placeholder dialogue for her (seriously, all she can talk about is magic panties and make silly comments) and given that Maya is most likely very involved this time I don't expect her to be treated as poorly but I am still afraid that she'll be completely toned down in her energetic or maybe worse, that she just becomes Kay or Athena-like.

Aside from that, I mostly liked how they treated Edgeworth... well, in terms of role that is. He was great in DD and AAI2 but not so much AAI and I thought his characterization was off in DD. To me they mostly treat returning characters fine. It's a different team, a different vision so it'll never be 1:1 Takumi. I'd like to see any story that was continued by another writer wihout losing some of its tone or spark; the upcoming Uncharted is in a similar situation and I am already expecting something different.

I thought Gumshoe was the most painfully handled returning character out of all of them and therefore I'm okay with him not being back again, but I think Franziska was very underdeveloped in JFA actually so she was easy to take on for the new team and I think they did her more than justice.

But as for Pearl, all the cameos in AAI or AAI2 (except Ema for some reason) and to some extent Klavier I think they all slightly lose something in the process but it's never offensively bad for either. They get their basics right but I wish they had the ability to go beyond that and make them feel like real people again.

Anyway, the B-Team; Yamazaki and Co. is on the main franchise... you know, the one Capcom wants to milk and I don't think there's any way they would let them make their own division of the franchise with solely unique characters while Takumi is also doing that. Yamazaki's team have been and will always be about the fanservice in the end, even if that could be more Eshiro making those decisions every time. They need their Phoenix Wright and Maya fey to sell $$$
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Gardevoir lover

linkenski wrote:
They need their Phoenix Wright and Maya fey to sell $$$

Here's an idea, reboot the series, that way they could have the best of both worlds. start from scratch so they can have a bit more creative freedom but still keep the Phoenix and Maya dynamic.
Heck if they rebooted the series they could get some more Edgeworth and Gumshoe money as well.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

I am the swordsman of justice!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
linkenski wrote:
They need their Phoenix Wright and Maya fey to sell $$$

Here's an idea, reboot the series, that way they could have the best of both worlds. start from scratch so they can have a bit more creative freedom but still keep the Phoenix and Maya dynamic.
Heck if they rebooted the series they could get some more Edgeworth and Gumshoe money as well.

Reboot it? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just to me it feels like rebooting a series means it's reached the end of the road. That the company is just trying to hold on to it as good as they can. I think that if AA was to get a reboot it would mean that capcom is really reaching, and as we all see ace attorney is not done yet. There still is potential left for this series. Maybe it's not the same as it used to be, and it never will be with a different team, but is some little changes and new characters that bad that the series deserves a reboot? Some reboots are better then the originals but most are not. And seeing how far the series has come, I personally wouldn't want to take the chance. That's just what I think though. :phoenix:
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth
Page 6 of 6 [ 207 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)