Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 5 of 7[ 252 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: The music of Ace Attorney 6Topic%20Title

I'm too lazy to ever change my username.

Thunder84 wrote:
Ash wrote:
Pursuit ~ Cornering Together

Is that the actual title? If so, it's one of the worst IMO.

Well, IIRC the original names for Overtaken and Keep Pressing On were "Must Corner" and "Wanting to Corner" and those two names aren't very brilliant either.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

But those were translations made by some of us, right? Cuz, then it means it's just names created from rough or direct translations.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Yabba Dabba Doo

linkenski wrote:
But those were translations made by some of us, right? Cuz, then it means it's just names created from rough or direct translations.

That'd make sense. Hopefully we get better translations soon.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bear in mind a lot of the translated names for the first three games' soundtracks are pretty much just... wrong, for lack of a better term. (e.g. おめでたい人々 becoming "Congratulations, Everybody")

Ash is right that "Cornering Together" is about what this one translates to - it's おいつめあう, a combination of 追い詰める (to corner) and 合う, a verb ending that means "together" or "with each other".

Anyway, my own rough pass translations - note that I whipped this up in about ten minutes, so it's definitely clunky.

Spoiler: Translation, some spoilery names
http://fusetter.com/tw/xF2Uc#all

Disc One:
1. A Quiet Prayer
2. Ace Attorney 6 ~ Prologue
3. Khura'inese Towns ~ A Rambling Travel
4. Defendant Lobby ~ Prelude to the Revolution
5. Ace Attorney 6 ~ Court Begins Abroad
6. Logic Construct
7. Cross-Examination ~ Moderato 2016
8. The Dance of Devotion
9. Divination Seance ~ Last Sights
10. Divination Seance ~ The Spirit's Accusation
11. Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2016
12. Potdino ~ Ethnic Music
13. Potdino ~ Head-Banding
14. Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2016
15. Pursuit ~ Cornering Together
16. Confess the Truth 2016
17. Jingle ~ Take a Breather
18. Troupe Gramarye 2016
19. It's show time!
20. Investigation ~ Opening 2016
21. Ema Skye ~ Scientific Detective 2016
22. Detention Center ~ Cold-Glass Elegy
23. Investigation ~ Core 2016
24. Defendant Lobby ~ Prelude to the Truth
25. Ace Attorney 6 ~ Court Begins
26. Nahyuta ~ The Last Rites Prosecutor
27. The Basics of the Case
28. Apollo Justice ~ A New Chapter of Trials! 2016
29. Mr. Menyou ~ The Masked Magician
30. Reminiscing ~ Smile, No Matter What
31. The Holy Mother ~ The Teachings of Khura'in
32. Cheerful People
33. Sanctuary
34. Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters Theme 2016
35. Investigation ~ Opening Abroad

Disc two:
1. The Avian Princess ~ Guardian of Khura'in
2. Rayfa Padma Khura'in ~ The Unyielding Medium Princess
3. The Revolutionaries ~ The Dragons of Rebellion
4. Detention Center ~ Iron-Bar Elegy
5. Investigation ~ Core Abroad
6. Reminiscing ~ A Final Conversation
7. Spirit Warrior Torisaman
8. Reminiscing ~ Farewell, Once Again
9. Strange People
10. Senpuutei Biifu ~ The Laughing Typhoon
11. Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Revolutionnaire 2016
12. Reminiscing ~ Each of Their Feelings
13. Druk ~ A Dragon Never Yields
14. Kurain Village 2016
15. Kiyoki Masaharu ~ A Vote for Kiyoki!
16. Audience Chamber
17. Coutroom Revolution ~ Gather, Dragons of the Cause
18. The Woman Freed
19. A Cornered Heart
20. The Court of Resignation
21. Pursuit ~ Cornering Together (Variation)
22. Reminiscing ~ Inherited Hopes
23. Won the Case! ~ Each of Their Victories
24. Ace Attorney 6 - End
25. Shizuku Ootsube ~ Walking Down the Aisle
26. Larry Butz ~ When Something Smells, it's Usually Me 2016
27. Will you marry me?

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Yabba Dabba Doo

So I think I've been able to match up most of the titles from the CD to the OST Rip, but there's a few I'm not sure of. Add in the fact that I think there are two more untitled songs in the rip than the CD, and it's made matching up some of them quite difficult. The ones I haven't been able to get yet, by number:

80-83 (These are the reminiscence themes)

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Quick note: It's construct, not contrast. And Founder -> Holy Mother in the localization.

I'm also disappointed that Capcom chose "Dance of Devotion" instead of "Song of Ceremony".
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Yash K. Productions wrote:
Quick note: It's construct, not contrast. And Founder -> Holy Mother in the localization.

I'm also disappointed that Capcom chose "Dance of Devotion" instead of "Song of Ceremony".

Thanks for the catches. Will update...
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Wish someone could upload the OST, I know Bolt's not doing it because of (possible) copyright strikes.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yabba Dabba Doo

I think I figured out a few more, so I'm gonna put the titles I don't have, and then the numbers of the songs I don't have.

TITLES
  • A Cornered Heart
  • The Court of Resignation

SONGS

I honestly have no clue why there's 4 extra tracks in the RIP :eh?:

Wotter boy

Thunder84 wrote:
I think I figured out a few more, so I'm gonna put the titles I don't have, and then the numbers of the songs I don't have.

TITLES
  • A Cornered Heart

SONGS

Unused music maybe?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Like how Apollo's ringtone isn't in the DD OST?

Just your plain average attorney

Has it been confirmed that the game's OST isn't composed by only Iwadare? Since in this link http://fusetter.com/tw/xF2Uc#all it's said the composers are 岩垂徳行 (Noriyuki Iwadare), 堀山俊彦 (Toshihiko Horiyama, who also composed for AJ), and 尾野寺真未 (Onodera Masami). If so, no wonder some sounds like AJ's OST :yogi:

EDIT : Well apparently it's true! And I also just found out that Onodera Masami was one of the composer for monster hunter explore. So THAT's why it sometimes feel like MH

Yabba Dabba Doo

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Thunder84 wrote:

TITLES
  • A Cornered Heart

SONGS

Unused music maybe?

That's what I think is for a few of them (tracks 56, 59, and 101) but I know that the other 3 are for sure used in the game. I think it's most likely that one was just left out of the ost.

EDIT: I wonder if track 102 is actually a reminiscence theme. I currently have 86 as a reminiscence theme, mostly because
Spoiler: Case 3
It's the track that plays when Saara says goodbye to Malmel, and there's a track called Farewell, Once Again
but I've heard that track 102 was used as a reminiscence theme as well.

Thunder84 wrote:
EDIT: I wonder if track 102 is actually a reminiscence theme. I currently have 86 as a reminiscence theme, mostly because
Spoiler: Case 3
It's the track that plays when Saara says goodbye to Malmel, and there's a track called Farewell, Once Again
but I've heard that track 102 was used as a reminiscence theme as well.

No it isn't actually. I personally think it's track number 2-18 (not writing the title since possible spoilers) since it's played
Spoiler: Case 5
After Amara thrown off her disguise and she's "free" from hiding, hence "The Woman Freed"
but I don't have the album myself so... :ron:

EDIT : So apparently track 56, 102, and 103 has been merged into track 2-18 in the OST (you can hear notes only present in 103 in this track). And the track 85 is numbered 2-19, with 2-20 being track 31

PlainAttorney wrote:
Has it been confirmed that the game's OST isn't composed by only Iwadare? Since in this link http://fusetter.com/tw/xF2Uc#all it's said the composers are 岩垂徳行 (Noriyuki Iwadare), 堀山俊彦 (Toshihiko Horiyama, who also composed for AJ), and 尾野寺真未 (Onodera Masami). If so, no wonder some sounds like AJ's OST :yogi:

EDIT : Well apparently it's true! And I also just found out that Onodera Masami was one of the composer for monster hunter explore. So THAT's why it sometimes feel like MH

You can bet he likely composed the Rayfa ritual dance theme. It sounds exactly like music you'd hear during the concert with that singer in Monster Hunter 4, to me or the final story boss in MH3, Caduceus.

I know Toshihiko Horiyama was actually on DD's development as well, in the sound management department I think, but not active as the composer. He could be credited here as well for the fact that he created the original compositions to some of the remixes. Otherwise, it wouldn't surprise me either, because some of the new stuff, even Core 2013 both Home and Khura'In sounds like something he could've made. In fact, the Khura'in version sounds especially like something out of AJAA. The rising tremolo strings and the plucky guitars and it has a "Thrill Theme" vibe to it.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Also, Haruka Shimotsuki did the song for the Dance of Devotion.

linkenski wrote:
You can bet he likely composed the Rayfa ritual dance theme. It sounds exactly like music you'd hear during the concert with that singer in Monster Hunter 4, to me or the final story boss in MH3, Caduceus.

I know Toshihiko Horiyama was actually on DD's development as well, in the sound management department I think, but not active as the composer. He could be credited here as well for the fact that he created the original compositions to some of the remixes. Otherwise, it wouldn't surprise me either, because some of the new stuff, even Core 2013 both Home and Khura'In sounds like something he could've made. In fact, the Khura'in version sounds especially like something out of AJAA. The rising tremolo strings and the plucky guitars and it has a "Thrill Theme" vibe to it.

I just checked, and surprisingly, no! It actually IS Iwadare who composes it. And not only that, another surprising thing is the fact that Iwadare only composes around half of the game's OST (32/62 tracks) while Horiyama and Onodera composes 14 and 16 tracks respectively (That's more than AJ's non-main composer's work).

And also, for someone that wants the list of who-composes-which, here it is:
Iwadare : Disk One -> 3-11, 14-16, 25, 26, 28, 31, 33, 34
Disk Two -> 1-3, 11, 13, 16-18, 20-24, 26

Horiyama : Disk One -> 1, 13, 18, 21-23, 27, 29, 30, 32
Disk Two -> 6, 8, 25, 27

Onodera : Disk One -> 2, 12, 17, 19, 20, 24, 35
Disk Two -> 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 19

EDIT : So apparently another source has the artist list too, but instead wrote "Dance of Devotion" was written by CAPCOM. So maybe it's a collab? :ron:

元・超会社員級の管理人

Very strange that the album hasn't released on iTunes yet. AA5 and DGS were both right away AFAIK.

Wooster wrote:

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

When exactly does "A Cornered Heart" play? (Aside from "that moment" Case 1, I'm saying "that moment" to avoid spoilers)

I know it seemed people were slightly lukewarm, but I have to admit, at this point I kinda like the overall OST of this game moreso than I did DD's. Dual Destinies did have a lot of catchy tunes and stuff, but I found it to be bland in terms of reminiscence themes and I really disliked how some of the most important pieces like Core or Opening got the short end of the stick.

I find that while perhaps a lot of the music this time is less song-like it's still got memorable motifs and melodies. I'm really fond of the Core themes, both of them and the Khura'in one is so clearly a Horiyama-made song, and I really like the Investigation Opening theme for the United States (lol). The Opening Statement music also adds something unique to the game.

Overall it feels like a JFA situation to me where the overall impression makes you think the OST is worse even though it had excellent themes such as Core 2002 and Miles Edgeworth Revival, and even the Pursuit theme works well as a Pursuit theme.

Speaking of Pursuit, I'm still not convinced the one in this game really works too well. It has a great impact at first but as soon as it goes to the "verse", I guess, it loses its punch completely. It sounds really soft for a Pursuit theme, but I like that they edited some of the trailer-like composition out of it for the game this time. The one from DD had that beat-OOMPH, beat-OOMPH part before it looped and I couldn't help but think of it as the part that was created for the trailers. I like how the music this time seems better designed for the actual game, but I guess that partly comes with Iwadare taking a little backseat here and there as he is the one that always tends to write Ace Attorney music like they're songs rather than soundtracks. In video games composers usually talk about how their music has to be written so it can be interrupted at any time, so that's why I never like it when Iwadare puts those self-indulgent solos or bridge-sections into his songs, because it's like he writes it for the concert or his own enjoyment but it doesn't give the music the immediacy it needs. I think AA6's score has that a lot more than DD.

Wotter boy

I just felt something.
A lot of the California music just has a very AJ-vibe to it for me.

:)

I like the allegro theme. It feels like a never ending journey.

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Chloe wrote:
I like the allegro theme. It feels like a never ending journey.

DAMMIT, CHLOE! Everyone likes the Allegro theme!
Sorry, I just wanted to throw in that 24 reference.

Ace Fangirl

It's been a few months now and I still suffer half a nerd fit every time I hear the bootleggy 'Bird Samurai' themesong. My mind keeps trying to turn it into the Steel Samurai song, only to crash into those few altered notes. :')

When exactly does "A Cornered Heart" play? (Aside from "that moment" Case 1, I'm saying "that moment" to avoid spoilers)

Sorry for the (very!) late reply, but I was lurking here and decided I should go try to find where it plays myself. I don't understand Japanese so I've only linked where the track plays in a Youtube playthrough of the game.

Spoiler: Spoilers for the whole game
If I looked correctly, it plays 6 times in the whole game (including Turnabout Across Time):

1. [Case 1] https://youtu.be/mJK9xptP1Dk?t=34m34s
2. [Case 2] https://youtu.be/TDcgLDY5F6E?t=18m31s
3. [Case 3] https://youtu.be/2ImxIqIX_xo?t=24m11s
4. [Case 5] https://youtu.be/QkFySMIX9TY?t=19m42s
5. [Case 5] https://youtu.be/2Eh17YUOCc8?t=14m13s
6. [Case 5] https://youtu.be/Fu0iTv6LBJw?t=17m43s

I'd avoid clicking on these links if you don't want to be spoiled, but definitely don't look at the last one because it's a pretty big spoiler. You can understand what's happening in the last one quite easily without knowing any Japanese. If I missed any, please do tell.

I'm really pissed that Ema's theme is nowhere near as ear-bleedingly bad good as the the one I made. (I know this isn't the remix board, but it's just a little harmless joke)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Now I want Khura'inese rip-off remixes of all the tunes. Torisaman, you done goofed and it's beautiful.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Can anyone tell me what instruments are used in the
Spoiler: Minor Music Spoilers
Troupe Gramarye 2016, Bird Samurai, and Water Mirror themes?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

Wotter boy

Apollo4Justice wrote:

Spoiler: Music
TG 2016: Harpsichord, a muted trumpet, string/synth voice backing, a flute doing trills in the back, a big brass opening
BS: Orchestral hits, Synth strings(?), acoustic guitar, piano, triangle or glockenspiel to make the ding sounds, electric guitar too, drums of some sort and all of it off-key!
Divination Seance ~ The Spirit's Accusation: Guitar or koto or harp, drums and from what it sounds like... wood/tempoblocks, a cymbal of some sort, a bass drum, pizzicato strings
Divination Seance ~ Last Sights: drums and drum sticks clacking, pizzicato strings, high pitched piano and/or harp, a backing that's hard to make out, but I think it's a synth backing of some sort

I hope this helps in some way! It's been a while since I identified instruments so it may be a little off...

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

By the way, if they really did do the Song of Ceremony in English, then the given lyrics have to be changed in order for the dub to sound good.

E3 Lyrics:
When dragon and tiger battle
The founder offers divine protection
When the butterfly embraces the mitamah
The favor of the orb is bestowed

My Edit:
When the dragon and tiger do battle
The Holy Mother offers divine protection

Guess we'll have to hear/see it for ourselves in three days!

Wotter boy

By the way, if they really did do the Song of Ceremony in English, then the given lyrics have to be changed in order for the dub to sound good.

E3 Lyrics:
When dragon and tiger battle
The founder offers divine protection

My Edit:
When the dragon and tiger do battle
The Holy Mother offers divine protection

Guess we'll have to hear/see it for ourselves in three days!

I bet they'd just keep it in Japanese to give it an ~Asian flare~

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

But the song was subtitled in the second cutscene of Case 1. So it has to be dubbed. Why else would they translate the lyrics?!
Spoiler: Case 1
Because the plot demands it?!

Racing through the sky like a Missile

The song can be translated without changing the vocals.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

But the song was subtitled in the second cutscene of Case 1. So it has to be dubbed. Why else would they translate the lyrics?!
Spoiler: Case 1
Because the plot demands it?!

My theory is that they're only translating the lyrics, which, if you remember back to the English demo live stream, makes sense. The evidence, for the lyrics, says
Spoiler: Stream Spoilers/Possible Evidence
that the translation for the lyrics are a separate part
, which leads me to believe that the song's vocals will not be translated. But I guess we'l find out in 2 days.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:

TG 2016: Harpsichord, a muted trumpet, string/synth voice backing, a flute doing trills in the back, a big brass opening
BS: Orchestral hits, Synth strings(?), acoustic guitar, piano, triangle or glockenspiel to make the ding sounds, electric guitar too, drums of some sort and all of it off-key!
Divination Seance ~ The Spirit's Accusation: Guitar or koto or harp, drums and from what it sounds like... wood/tempoblocks, a cymbal of some sort, a bass drum, pizzicato strings
Divination Seance ~ Last Sights: drums and drum sticks clacking, pizzicato strings, high pitched piano and/or harp, a backing that's hard to make out, but I think it's a synth backing of some sort

I hope this helps in some way! It's been a while since I identified instruments so it may be a little off...

I hope this isn't any trouble for you but I have another instrument question. My grandpa and I, you see, are having a bit of a debate over the instruments of
Spoiler: Music Title
A Quiet Prayer.
I'm claiming that the instrument, for the main part, is a choir vocalizing. He, however, insists it's a "piano you can make different sounds on", by which, I think he means a synth. Can you tell me what the instrument is, so this debate can be settled?

Apollo4Justice wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:

I hope this isn't any trouble for you but I have another instrument question. My grandpa and I, you see, are having a bit of a debate over the instruments of
A Quiet Prayer.
I'm claiming that the instrument, for the main part, is a choir vocalizing. He, however, insists it's a "piano you can make different sounds on", by which, I think he means a synth. Can you tell me what the instrument is, so this debate can be settled?

I'm siding with your grandpa. If what you mean by the main part is the one keep playing in the background, then yes, it probably is a synth. It's common for synth (most commonly synth pad) to be used for ambience like in this track. (I also don't think it sounds like choir, but opinions I guess :ron: )

Wotter boy

Apollo4Justice wrote:
A Quiet Prayer.

I'm going to have to agree with him and PlainAttorney in that it's def. a synthpad. There DOES seem to be hints of a synth voice-type instrument in the backing, however. Nonetheless, this a very synth-heavy song, which, like PA said, is great for ambience tracks like this.

The miracle never happen

This is a completely subjective question, but I need to ask, are the reminiscence themes better in this game's soundtrack than in Dual Destinies'?
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Kessler wrote:
This is a completely subjective question, but I need to ask, are the reminiscence themes better in this game's soundtrack than in Dual Destinies'?

Here's the thing: it is REALLY subjective. With the return of Horiyama for composer, 2 (or 3) of them
Spoiler: Track Name
Smile, No Matter What and A Final Conversation (also Farewell, Once Again to some extent)
really sounds AJ-esque (dark and gloomy) which not everyone likes. The other 2,
Spoiler: Track Name
Feelings of Each of Them and Inherited Hopes
however, sounds more like DD ones. Although for sure, all of them fits the story they're portraying.
If you ask me though, I like the ones here better. :redd:

I generally like the other Ace Attorney composers' music over Iwadare. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think Iwadare makes excellent catchy music and band-like compositions and a few really good character themes and all that, but I always find the other composers create better 'video-gamey' music and when it comes to reminiscence themes Iwadare hasn't made a single one that really resonated with me, ever. Closest would be Apollo's jazzy theme if you can call it that.

I feel the other composers manage to create music that compliment what happens in the game as well as the story better, but listening to an audio CD I always like Iwadare's professionally composed stuff.
Page 5 of 7 [ 252 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)