Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 12 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 


Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

The final villains of AAI, AAI2 and DD were all hamfisted in the sense that the game pretty much hid them away until their suspicion arises, unlike how all previous villains were heavily featured all throughout the final case. Is the final villain in SoJ also a sudden left-field reveal?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6931

I'm not sure how to answer because I don't really understand your criteria... How was Fulbright "hidden away"? (I don't think Gant or Kristoph also got that much screentime before their suspicions)
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3059

I think he means a villain who didn't look villainous until evidence started pointing to them. As opposed to someone who you know was evil from the get-go.

linkenski wrote:
The final villains of AAI, AAI2 and DD were all hamfisted in the sense that the game pretty much hid them away until their suspicion arises, unlike how all previous villains were heavily featured all throughout the final case. Is the final villain in SoJ also a sudden left-field reveal?

Spoiler: Based on what I've seen
I think so, they do have a reveal a la Simon Keyes/Alba where they "change form" I guess XD

Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title

Jolly, Wrighto! Care to go swimming?

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:56 am

Posts: 33

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
linkenski wrote:
How does 6-4 compare to all previous Case 1s?


6-4?
It's about twice as long and not full of tutorial (there's only a little one for MM overload).
It's a strong case in it's own right. Think 3-4, but not connected to the plot directly and with less suicide.

By the by (since I don't want to double post)
Spoiler: 6-3
The Dragons of Rebellion. Are most of the people in there former defence attorneys? And if so, would that mean Dats, Malmel or Saara were formerly attorneys? From what I understand (from what little I know), it's more rooted in overturning the corruption of the legal system, right?


Spoiler: Spoiler
I don't think all of them were defense attorneys. They're most likely people who think the Court System is unjust. But I haven't played the game, so don't take it from me.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6143

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Spoiler: 6-3
The Dragons of Rebellion. Are most of the people in there former defence attorneys? And if so, would that mean Dats, Malmel or Saara were formerly attorneys? From what I understand (from what little I know), it's more rooted in overturning the corruption of the legal system, right?

Short answer: not quite, no and yes.
Spoiler: long answer
Dats outright says he's not one. Malmel and Saara don't say, but it's not implied they ever were. The movement is focused primarily on the Defense Culpability Act, everyone for various reasons, but it seems no other law but this one is ever mentioned explicitly. Certainly, circumstances (esp. in case 5) lead to other reforms altogether, but they come along due to the main reform.


linkenski wrote:
The final villains of AAI, AAI2 and DD were all hamfisted in the sense that the game pretty much hid them away until their suspicion arises, unlike how all previous villains were heavily featured all throughout the final case. Is the final villain in SoJ also a sudden left-field reveal?

It really depends on how you define "hamfisted". The identity of the final villain can seem really obvious or really obscure.
Spoiler: vague
There are some subtle hints since the start of the last case's 2nd investigation, but nothing that necessarily pops out until in hindsight. But the transformation stuff, yeah. Outta nowhere.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6931

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
linkenski wrote:
The final villains of AAI, AAI2 and DD were all hamfisted in the sense that the game pretty much hid them away until their suspicion arises, unlike how all previous villains were heavily featured all throughout the final case. Is the final villain in SoJ also a sudden left-field reveal?

It really depends on how you define "hamfisted". The identity of the final villain can seem really obvious or really obscure.
Spoiler: vague
There are some subtle hints since the start of the last case's 2nd investigation, but nothing that necessarily pops out until in hindsight. But the transformation stuff, yeah. Outta nowhere.

Although tbf
Spoiler: last case
they transform a long time before they're suspected/suspicious.

Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

SuperAj3 wrote:
I think he means a villain who didn't look villainous until evidence started pointing to them. As opposed to someone who you know was evil from the get-go.

No, not entirely. I mean, villains that have a presence regardless of whether they're obvious or well hidden, but they are present a lot. Fulbright has presence but the Phantom doesn't if you know what I mean. Manfred is actually Manfred so his presence us legit, and Matt Engarde is also very present and despite his alter ego it's still him and he's not completely obvious in the sense that you're not yet sure how the game will tackle ending a case with a guilty client.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

So, with the introduction of the costume DLC, I have a question.

For Japanese fans who remember what the menus looked like BEFORE you bought the DLC, was there some indication/sign of the DLC in any of the menus? (Ex. You'd buy the base game, go to the DLC menu, and see "DLC Case soming soon!" or something).

I'm trying to figure out if Western players will be able to determine if the DLC case is coming before its announced just based on the menus. I know that once it's purchased the episode is added to the episode list, but I was wondering if there's anything related to the DLC case in the menus BEFORE you buy the DLC.

Please no spoilers (although I don't know why there would be in this case) and thanks!
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2247

D.A. McCoy wrote:
For Japanese fans who remember what the menus looked like BEFORE you bought the DLC, was there some indication/sign of the DLC in any of the menus? (Ex. You'd buy the base game, go to the DLC menu, and see "DLC Case soming soon!" or something

Nothing like that. The DLC Purchase menu is found inside the Extra Contents menu, and the DLC Purchase menu only listed items that were already available (First DLC Costume Pack and the two early purchase episodes). No placeholders.

Which wasn't needed anyway, as the DLC case itself had been announced in advance, so we knew it was coming.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

Ash wrote:
D.A. McCoy wrote:
For Japanese fans who remember what the menus looked like BEFORE you bought the DLC, was there some indication/sign of the DLC in any of the menus? (Ex. You'd buy the base game, go to the DLC menu, and see "DLC Case soming soon!" or something

Nothing like that. The DLC Purchase menu is found inside the Extra Contents menu, and the DLC Purchase menu only listed items that were already available (First DLC Costume Pack and the two early purchase episodes). No placeholders.

Which wasn't needed anyway, as the DLC case itself had been announced in advance, so we knew it was coming.


I see. Thanks for the info!

I guess then we just have to wait and see. I don't want to go to youtube and get myself spoiled by image thumbnails, but does anyone know if there's a translation of the DLC case available to watch? If I could find it somewhere and be able to experience it somehow I wouldn't be as concerned.
"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3059

Tomorrow is the 8th of September where I live (in roughly 6 hours).
The eShop says the game comes out in my region on the 8th
Spoiler: proof
[Image

BUT... Australia has a bad habit of being a day late, so do I get my hopes up or just wait until Friday?
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

SuperAj3 wrote:
Tomorrow is the 8th of September where I live (in roughly 6 hours).
The eShop says the game comes out in my region on the 8th
Spoiler: proof
[Image

BUT... Australia has a bad habit of being a day late, so do I get my hopes up or just wait until Friday?


Huh...
I don't follow Australia release dates, but on the wiki it's listed as Sep. 9th.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ready for action!

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:29 am

Posts: 60

SuperAj3 wrote:
Tomorrow is the 8th of September where I live (in roughly 6 hours).
The eShop says the game comes out in my region on the 8th
Spoiler: proof
[Image

BUT... Australia has a bad habit of being a day late, so do I get my hopes up or just wait until Friday?


I noticed that too, really hoping it comes out today! Hopefully the eShop updates at midday sometime.

On another note, do we know who Trucy's English VA is yet?
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

So how does the localisation handle the relationships between...
Spoiler: Case 2, 3 & 5
Apollo, Nahyuta and Dhurke? From what I read it's all old friends and acquaintances and whatnot.

and
Spoiler: Case 4
The relationships between the Toneidos. I don't remember how to they defined it in Japanese, but I believe it was as teacher and students. But a lot of people said father and kids, on the streams and such.


So I was wondering how that got changed up if anyone knows yet. If not, I'll probably know by tonight.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Dominican Republic

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Posts: 709

Spoiler: Case 5
What's the localized name of Apollo's father?

Signature loading, please wait...
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

Cesar Zero wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5
What's the localized name of Apollo's father?


Spoiler: Case 5
Jove Justice.

Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Orange juice attorney

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Posts: 9

Hey, could someone in this forum help me? i do only want to know one thing haha... ive had this account since DD came out but i never use it opps.
I'm in case 2, and i did some of the invesrtigation out of order- I'm worreid that it's messed up my file? I've been
Spoiler:
Told by Athena to go talk to Trucy and give her back her notebook after findin it, but when i go to the detenion center, nothing triggers? I've investigated ABSOLUTELY everything, even in the WAA, I've spoken to Ema and Athena, and Presented everyhting I could to Athena... I'm getting desperate, I just want to advance! Is this some weird glitch, or did i miss something like an idiot?


thanks ^^;
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6143

athenacykes wrote:
Hey, could someone in this forum help me? i do only want to know one thing haha... ive had this account since DD came out but i never use it opps.
I'm in case 2, and i did some of the invesrtigation out of order- I'm worreid that it's messed up my file? I've been
Spoiler:
Told by Athena to go talk to Trucy and give her back her notebook after findin it, but when i go to the detenion center, nothing triggers? I've investigated ABSOLUTELY everything, even in the WAA, I've spoken to Ema and Athena, and Presented everyhting I could to Athena... I'm getting desperate, I just want to advance! Is this some weird glitch, or did i miss something like an idiot?


thanks ^^;

I haven't met with any glitches playing this segment (though I played the Jp version). You may have missed examining something at either the crime scene or Trucy's dressing room. Remember that the crime scene has multiple angles to view. Examining the backstage can also lead up to an area in the rafters.

As far as I know, what's required to advance is:
Spoiler:
At crime scene
> Talking with Ema
> Examining the coffin
> its trap door
> the offstage camera
> the dragon cutout
> the sword (backstage)
> the mini coffin (backstage)
> the wenches (backstage)
> ladder (backstage)
> Mr. Hat (rafters)
> cushions (rafters)

Trucy's dressing room
> her notebook
> Gramarye poster
> the clipboard

Sorry if I missed something; going by memory here.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

About the English version of Spirit of Justice, does anyone know if
Spoiler: Prosecutor's Actions
Nahyuta's curse, when he does dramatic motions with his hands, is revoiced by the English actor or is the same as the Japanese version?

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

Apollo4Justice wrote:
About the English version of Spirit of Justice, does anyone know if
Spoiler: Prosecutor's Actions
Nahyuta's curse, when he does dramatic motions with his hands, is revoiced by the English actor or is the same as the Japanese version?


All of the voices are redone, including this one. I actually prefer the original Japanese tho
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Posts: 1582

I had kind of a follow up question to the one I had months ago.

Spoiler: SPOILERS regarding a character
I asked early on if Lamiroir/Thalassa was in the game, and someone gave me the answer "kind of". I didn't really know what that meant (maybe she's murdered, channeled, writes a note like Maya in DD, etc.) but that along with the focus on Troupe Gramarye made me assume that they might bring her up again as part of the overall Gramarye story.

I am now on the first part of case 2, and inside Trucy's dressing room there's some flowers that Apollo mentions were sent from Thalassa. This made me wonder about whether she'll actually be relevant somehow or if this was the "kind of" the user was talking about.

So my questions is: Was this the one reference to Thalassa we get in AA6 or is she or the "idea" of her "relevant"/appears again to the game? Please don't tell me any context; as I've said I've avoided spoilers and am on case 2, but I wanted to know if this is it or if she somehow is worked into more of SoJ. So please no spoilers, just "yes that was the only Thalassa reference" or "no there's more". Thanks!

"I don't call it money anymore, I call it Fuel Units"
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2247

^No.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

Spoiler: Case 3
So, Datz said they used to use Divination Séance in court even before the DC act was issued, and that the defense could point out contradictions between the vision and the interpretation of the priestess, implying that now the defense can't do it.

But then, why is Phoenix even allowed to do that?

Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

迷探偵

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am

Posts: 2247

Slammer wrote:
Spoiler: Case 3
So, Datz said they used to use Divination Séance in court even before the DC act was issued, and that the defense could point out contradictions between the vision and the interpretation of the priestess, implying that now the defense can't do it.

But then, why is Phoenix even allowed to do that?

Spoiler:
I don't think that right was ever taken from the attorneys. But that right only works if you're absolutely sure 1) your defendant is innocent and 2) you also actually manage to point out a contradiction. If you can't, you're screwed. So obviously, not every attorney has the guts, nor the talent to do that.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

Ash wrote:
Slammer wrote:
Spoiler: Case 3
So, Datz said they used to use Divination Séance in court even before the DC act was issued, and that the defense could point out contradictions between the vision and the interpretation of the priestess, implying that now the defense can't do it.

But then, why is Phoenix even allowed to do that?

Spoiler:
I don't think that right was ever taken from the attorneys. But that right only works if you're absolutely sure 1) your defendant is innocent and 2) you also actually manage to point out a contradiction. If you can't, you're screwed. So obviously, not every attorney has the guts, nor the talent to do that.


Spoiler:
Then I take it that guilty verdicts were far more common even before Amara's assassination. But, unlike now that the DC act is into force, defense attorneys didn't lose their lives for losing the case.

Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Art Person

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 3059

Not a question but a request.
Spoiler: might be a spoiler?
Anyone have a clean screenshot of Apollo trapped in Nahyuta's beads? Without the text box in the way. thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I sorta answered my own request.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

Spoiler:
There's a thing I didn't quite understand: are the tatoos Tharust has on his chest while being channeled actually his, or do they belong to Maya?

Image

EDIT: never mind. The final scene actually answered to my question.

Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 248

I haven't seen this addressed anywhere in the game and it isn't spoilery, so I'll just ask outright:

Does Phoenix speak Khura'inese or do the people in Khura'in magically all speak English/Japanese? I know the writing in Khura'in is its own thing, but whether it's an entirely different language doesn't seem to be said. All we know is that there's certain words that can't be 'translated'.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

Meowzy wrote:
I haven't seen this addressed anywhere in the game and it isn't spoilery, so I'll just ask outright:

Does Phoenix speak Khura'inese or do the people in Khura'in magically all speak English/Japanese? I know the writing in Khura'in is its own thing, but whether it's an entirely different language doesn't seem to be said. All we know is that there's certain words that can't be 'translated'.


They speak English, which, I presume, is a required teaching there, since Phoenix makes comments on not being able to understand Khura'inese
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 248

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Meowzy wrote:
I haven't seen this addressed anywhere in the game and it isn't spoilery, so I'll just ask outright:

Does Phoenix speak Khura'inese or do the people in Khura'in magically all speak English/Japanese? I know the writing in Khura'in is its own thing, but whether it's an entirely different language doesn't seem to be said. All we know is that there's certain words that can't be 'translated'.

They speak English, which, I presume, is a required teaching there, since Phoenix makes comments on not being able to understand Khura'inese

But Phoenix can understand even the tiniest of kids (and I don't just mean Ahlbi), so they'd have have to be taught English from pretty much the moment they're born.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

Meowzy wrote:
FenrirDarkWolf wrote:
Meowzy wrote:
I haven't seen this addressed anywhere in the game and it isn't spoilery, so I'll just ask outright:

Does Phoenix speak Khura'inese or do the people in Khura'in magically all speak English/Japanese? I know the writing in Khura'in is its own thing, but whether it's an entirely different language doesn't seem to be said. All we know is that there's certain words that can't be 'translated'.

They speak English, which, I presume, is a required teaching there, since Phoenix makes comments on not being able to understand Khura'inese

But Phoenix can understand even the tiniest of kids (and I don't just mean Ahlbi), so they'd have have to be taught English from pretty much the moment they're born.


Ahlbi though, as a tour guide, would NEED to know English, tho. Since a lot of people speak English, a tour guide that only knows the home language is kind of useless imho.
So maybe Ahlbi, Rayfa and Maya (who probably does know the language, at least better than Phoenix) just give him translations.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

SuperAj3 wrote:
Not a question but a request.
Spoiler: might be a spoiler?
Anyone have a clean screenshot of Apollo trapped in Nahyuta's beads? Without the text box in the way. thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I sorta answered my own request.

Read your edit, but here ya go anyway.
Spoiler:
Image

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wotter boy

Gender: Male

Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Possibly Earth

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am

Posts: 803

Image
I remember Apollo and Athena discussing this before, but I don't remember if it was 5-2, 5-3, or 5-4...
I think it was 5-4?
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Yep, it was 5-4.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Japanifornia

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Posts: 435

Spoiler:
If the Kurain Channeling Technique originated in the Kingdom of Khura'in, does it mean Ami Fey was actually a Khurai'nese immigrant in Japan/the US?

Image

Gregory... Tomorrow, I'm heading towards that fateful place with your son. To find out the truth of 18 years ago...
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 248

Slammer wrote:
Spoiler:
If the Kurain Channeling Technique originated in the Kingdom of Khura'in, does it mean Ami Fey was actually a Khurai'nese immigrant in Japan/the US?

Yup, they outright confirm that. In fact...

Spoiler:
The localization claims that Ami first took it to Japan, and it was then taken to the US from there.
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6143

^ Thank goodness we finally have an explanation for
Spoiler:
the Fey name. It always sounded a bit more Chinese than Japanese to me in the first place, and I suppose that can extend to sounding Khura'inese.

Something about passing traditions from Japan to the US when they're obviously one country in-universe seems funnier than it probably should be.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 248

I have a question about Inga. (case 5 spoilers)

Spoiler:
Did he know that Amara gave birth to Rayfa? I know this sounds really out of the blue in terms of a question- one would assume he'd know that Rayfa wasn't his own child and that the mother would be Amara, but... A possibility dawned in my head.

That is, Ga'ran lied to him and pretended to be pregnant (she must have done so to fool the general public anyway, or else no one would have believed Rayfa was Ga'ran's child). That would explain why he keeps a picture of Amara and baby Rayfa in his safe, when he could have easily gotten new pictures of baby Rayfa by herself/with Ga'ran to treasure. Because of his prosopagnosia, Ga'ran could have convinced him that it was a picture of her and Rayfa. I'm assuming he knew about Amara being alive, but that's no guarantee he knew where Rayfa came from, is it? Especially if Ga'ran would've limited his contact with her sister (which I can definitely see her doing).

Is this possible at all, or does the game debunk it somehow?
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

2008-2018

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 6143

Meowzy wrote:
I have a question about Inga. (case 5 spoilers)

Spoiler:
Did he know that Amara gave birth to Rayfa? I know this sounds really out of the blue in terms of a question- one would assume he'd know that Rayfa wasn't his own child and that the mother would be Amara, but... A possibility dawned in my head.

That is, Ga'ran lied to him and pretended to be pregnant (she must have done so to fool the general public anyway, or else no one would have believed Rayfa was Ga'ran's child). That would explain why he keeps a picture of Amara and baby Rayfa in his safe, when he could have easily gotten new pictures of baby Rayfa by herself/with Ga'ran to treasure. Because of his prosopagnosia, Ga'ran could have convinced him that it was a picture of her and Rayfa. I'm assuming he knew about Amara being alive, but that's no guarantee he knew where Rayfa came from, is it? Especially if Ga'ran would've limited his contact with her sister (which I can definitely see her doing).

Is this possible at all, or does the game debunk it somehow?

Spoiler:
Considering he had that picture of Amara with Rayfa and we can safely assume he knew the context behind it, I don't think he would ever confuse who's the mother. Amara clearly has a different hair color, so prosopagnosia doesn't apply either.

Ga'ran would have no reason to lie to him about conceiving a child. It'd be easier to let him know about how they found Rayfa than making up some bs story that she got pregnant. (Who knows if they even had intimate relations?)

He would have treated Rayfa as a daughter nonetheless and it would actually benefit him knowing where Amara has been. It even explains why he would dare plan a coup de tat against Ga'ran, who he probably knew or at least suspected didn't have spiritual powers, which would leave their marriage at a capricious point if anyone found out. Now if HE had spiritual powers, he could rightfully rule the kingdom...

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Re: "I just want to know one thing!" - AA6 EditionTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 pm

Posts: 248

Hmm.... That's true.
Page 12 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO