Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 2 of 2[ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 


Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

What did he do this time...?

Gender: Male

Location: On trial

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:05 am

Posts: 280

Kessler wrote:
Spoiler:
I agree with you guys on Payne, but damn, his obsession with getting back at Wright is so strong that he was willing to have Phoenix put to death for simply defeating him and his brother, insane much?


About Gaspen Payne:

Spoiler:
You know what? I finally realized Gaspen Payne's purpose. When he was revealed to be a new character in DD, his description was that he was a "darker" version of his older brother. I didn't really see that in DD - he just badgered Juniper Woods a little too much.

But holy cow... We got to see his dark side here. He allowed Phoenix to defend Ahlbi just so he could get revenge on Wright - by getting him executed! He even convinced the judge to up the punishment to the death penalty! I understand why they've made him a separate person from his brother... this guy is messed up.

Also I like that Phoenix did remember who Payne was. I thought they'd stick to what happened in the demo (Phoenix didn't recognize Payne in the demo)


Other thoughts:

Spoiler:
It was a very good case. The villain (I'm not going to try to spell his name) was fantastic and my jaw dropped as he performed his "transformation". My only gripe is that some things were too repetitive - yeah, we get they hate lawyers. I found the DC Act to be a good way of upping the pressure and intensity. It is a big example of scope creep, though... whether that's a bad thing is up to your opinion.

Actually, I'd like to amend my previous statement. I have another complaint. I did not like how the killer's identity was given away right at the start. I know it's basically a series tradition, but we missed out on some of the mystery of the case. I find myself enjoying the first cases of games that don't spoil the killer right off the bat. (Honestly, for the whole series, I think the only time revealing the killer was good idea was case 1-1, and that's because that case was basically a tutorial. But that's another discussion for another time.

Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gender: Male

Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Posts: 1636

I definitely think this game is full of scope creep. Every case has a tendency to blow its load like it's the peak of the game, which is good for those cases, and thank god case 1 and 2 are very simple in size and cast because otherwise how the hell would case 5 even work in this game when there's already been so many "important" moments where the stakes are super high up. That's the only real concern I have so far; that the game can't restrain itself enough to make for a good story composition. DD is the closest thing Yamazaki's had to building up an elegant climax in my opinion, but I have a feeling this will end up having a typical finale where everything is way overblown and the cast is too big.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ready for action!

Gender: Female

Location: Australia

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:29 am

Posts: 60

Still going through this case, but one big flaw sticks out to me:

Spoiler: Phoenix Wright
All Phoenix thinks about during this case is Maya Maya Maya. It's like no one else matters to him but her. Not once has he mentioned Trucy, his daughter, or even Apollo and Athena. I'd think if Phoenix was killed, the WAA and Trucy would be way more important than Maya considering how things are now. Really comes of as out of character. :/
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Close enough...

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14117

Lhancat wrote:
Still going through this case, but one big flaw sticks out to me:

Spoiler: Phoenix Wright
All Phoenix thinks about during this case is Maya Maya Maya. It's like no one else matters to him but her. Not once has he mentioned Trucy, his daughter, or even Apollo and Athena. I'd think if Phoenix was killed, the WAA and Trucy would be way more important than Maya considering how things are now. Really comes of as out of character. :/



Eh I put it down to disbelief.

Spoiler:
The DCA imposing the death penalty on him was so backwards and out of left field I don't think the gravity of the situation hit Phoenix so fully as to contemplate death. At the very least he didn't give into fear and obsess over dying. It was just such an outlandish thing I'd be like "this can't be happening". So he never really thought about dying and what he'd lose. More just the ridiculousness of the situation considering he was on Holiday to see an old friend and suddenly found himself on deaths door.

Didn't feel the Maya elements were too huge anyway.

Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Rebel Scum

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6928

Danchat wrote:
Spoiler:
Actually, I'd like to amend my previous statement. I have another complaint. I did not like how the killer's identity was given away right at the start. I know it's basically a series tradition, but we missed out on some of the mystery of the case. I find myself enjoying the first cases of games that don't spoil the killer right off the bat. (Honestly, for the whole series, I think the only time revealing the killer was good idea was case 1-1, and that's because that case was basically a tutorial. But that's another discussion for another time.

Well, in every (intro) case where they've shown the killer, the killer has been literally the only other witness besides the defendant, so... if you can't solve the mystery in that scenario, I think that's a bigger issue.
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Beauty and grace.

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Posts: 126

Lhancat wrote:
Still going through this case, but one big flaw sticks out to me:

Spoiler: Phoenix Wright
All Phoenix thinks about during this case is Maya Maya Maya. It's like no one else matters to him but her. Not once has he mentioned Trucy, his daughter, or even Apollo and Athena. I'd think if Phoenix was killed, the WAA and Trucy would be way more important than Maya considering how things are now. Really comes of as out of character. :/


I think that would just be the pacing of the plot? This game, like the others in the series, is trying to be beginner friendly so it wouldn't make sense for Phoenix to talk about character we haven't been introduced to yet.

As for the case itself
Spoiler:
I thought the whole crowd jeering thing was super annoying, but aside from it I really liked the case. The seance section was cool (I actually got a little bit stuck on figuring out the 2nd inconsistency) and Ahlbi is super cute. Hippie Jesus was also a cool villain, and I like that he didn't take the orb out of greed but because he was coerced (certainly makes his motivation less one-dimensional).
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7686

Spoiler:
As for being the first impression of the game, I felt like it drew me in and set a tone. It was nice to have the little introduction with getting to know Ahlbi and stuff before the actual trial, which made it feel more like an actual case and less like just tutorial-introduction. As a tutorial, though, it did its job well, getting one warmed up and comfortable with cross-examining, using the Insight and generally getting to know the country.

Phoenix randomly hopping into a trial and starting to defend wasn't nearly as forced and cringeworthy as I thought it would be. Also, having re-played case 1-2 just moments before I started this up, I'm happy to see that Phoenix seems to be very in character (as far as I remember, he felt slightly off to me in DD and I just got a much better feeling for him this time). The problem I had with it was that it felt very drawn out and tedious. A lot of talking and talking and talking without getting anywhere and without anything for the player to do. Part of it might have been my expectations; being the first case I thought it would end quickly and had prepared to play it through in one sitting, as I have always done with the first cases, but I eventually gave up to go to bed. But really, a lot could have been shortened to make it a little more tight and to keep ones interest up the whole way through.

Ahlbi seems like a nice character and seeing him so terrified was heartbreaking, so I understand that Phoenix was willing to risk his life for him, and it went well with his motivations for being a lawyer in the first place. Knowing Yamazaki's writing, that whole thing could have been reaaaally cheesy, but it wasn't, and it was nice with a call-back to the class trial. The uh... culprit (don't remember the spelling of his name. But wow, the names of the people involved in this trial was really something else) was extremely obnoxious, but in a rather amusing way. The whole revolution thing seems interesting and I'm excited to see where it will lead. I'm happy Phoenix made a Monty Python-reference ("And now for something completely different..."). And that time where everybody, including Phoenix sang along to the dhalman was hilarious ("Wait... Why am I singing?!"), as were Andistandhin's and Payne's little duets.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Twisted Samurai

Gender: Male

Location: Wherever I may roam.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Posts: 4848

Spoiler:
This was a really fun case. I dunno how I feel about Payne, but the idea with the Seance (Idc about accents) was pretty nifty. I also enjoyed the switch from the actual culprit (can't bother to spell out or remember their names) and his turn to the Death Metal Monk, tho his "speaking sounds" really pissed me off

Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7686

linkenski wrote:
Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
linkenski wrote:
I also like
Spoiler: Plot
Inga that showed up, and I think I see what they did with his name in more ways than one.

I am curious as to what you figured out because I have no idea what it is behind his name (aside from the Japanese puns).

I'm maybe wrong but I think this is
Spoiler: SPECULATION
Apollo's dad.


How did you come to that conclusion, and with did they do with his name?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

Oh, I almost forgot. Press the last statement in Andistan'dhin's first testimony. The resulting conversation is HILARIOUS.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yabba Dabba Doo

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 655

Just did another playthrough, starting from the opening statements. Took around an hour and a half to beat from there.
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 861

Is that where Phoenix says "Am I wrong in my Andistan'dhin?"
11037
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Gender: Male

Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Posts: 1496

MBr wrote:
Is that where Phoenix says "Am I wrong in my Andistan'dhin?"

Nope. He sings along with Andistan'dhin, Payne, and the judge, then he realizes "Why am I singing?!"
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wax Philosophical Power Hour

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7686

Yash K. Productions wrote:
MBr wrote:
Is that where Phoenix says "Am I wrong in my Andistan'dhin?"

Nope. He sings along with Andistan'dhin, Payne, and the judge, then he realizes "Why am I singing?!"


Best moment in the entire case as far as I'm concerned xD
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Yabba Dabba Doo

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 655

One big thing that bothers me after playing through the case again...
Spoiler: Early case 1 spoilers
When faced with the DC act, Phoenix goes through with it a little too unfazed. Yeah, I get he's a lawyer and all. And they do mention him not wanting to die before seeing Maya, but still. I know they haven't been introduced in the game yet, but the fact that Phoenix doesn't once consider "Hmm, I have a daughter at home, along with an office and two aspiring lawyers. Not to mention multiple friends." Nope, he just goes through with the case, not giving a fuck about any of them.
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Idol of Polar Bears

Gender: Male

Location: Norcal

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Posts: 4342

These character names (Ahlbi, Dhurke, Paht, etc.) are pretty clever but I had a tough time wrapping my brain around Andistan'dhin for a bit.
Image
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:59 am

Posts: 21

Finally my exams are over and I can play.

Spoiler:
The pacing was really awful at times. Right off the bat they showcase the ceremony twice? That's really redundant. Maybe they could have Phoenix and Alhbi trapped behind a crowd, unable to see the dance properly. Then the guards come and blah blah.

I got really annoyed during the trial. Why can't the key open the lock? Wasn't it suspicious? Why such a roundabout, Phoenix? Geez!

The characters though, I really like them. Kurain Judge doesn't give in, Alhbi and Shan'do is adorable as hell, even the dead guy was sympathetic. But Phoenix? He sweats too much for a lawyer with '11' years of experience. Haven't yet touched DD but where's the cool guy from AA4?

Who's next...? Right, Hippie Jesus. His testimonial is definitely one of my favourites. The only pet peeve I had was the noticeable, kinda cringey break in the tunes. If only it auto-scrolled... Them joining in his songs was hilarious lol!

Anyway, a great start to the game! Episode 2 is Apollo's. I can't wait!

Feel free to reply.
Or not.
Thanks though!
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Posts: 1545

I haven't read the other posts in this thread yet cause I wanna give my unaltered thoughts, so sorry if I end up repeating what anyone else said.

Anyway, I really, really liked this case and found it to be one of the better tutorial cases of the series

Spoiler: Case 1
I thought the case was kind of off to a rocky start with how fast it was throwing at you and how forced some of the humor felt, but once it found its footing, I felt it was a great introduction to the game

The setup itself to the case is kind of genius because it not only introduces players to the mechanics (which all tutorials do) but introduces players to the world of Khur'ain properly with elements of the mystery like The Song of Ceremony, the Founders Orb, the Mitama key, etc

I also didn't mind at all that the killer was shown in the intro because come the fuck on, who else could it have been? My only real problem with the case is that I wish Nick had an assistant during it, though I can see how that might've not been possible

I thought Nick was great in this case though, much better than Dual Destinies. You can see his expertise and the only times he really panics are when the entire world is working against him (literally) and he can't catch a break. The only time he upset me was when he brought up the "victim is a thief" theory, and then at the end of proving it he thinks "Heh, good thing they don't know it was a bluff!" but I had that problem with OT Nick at points too

Payne and the Judge were also great. Payne being extremely arrogant and becoming Chief Prosecutor in a country with no defense attorneys is gold, the best parts being when he was singing along with the head monk. The Judge felt like the Judge we know and love except a bit more evil, but this Judge actually went through some pretty good development throughout the trial

Rayfa was ok, I enjoyed the parts where her more teenage persona broke through. I'm more looking forward to seeing her in the rest of the game

Alhbi, was my favorite new character. LOVED the animation on this guy, and thought he was a great defendant with a great personality. I hope he's around the rest of the game because he was just all around pleasant

And finally, Andastandin (sp?). What a hilarious villain. I enjoyed both sides of his persona, though I would've preferred he stayed his more "chill out, bro" side, though I can't say I blame the team for wanting to show off the engine, which is incredible. Best looking handheld game I've played yet

And finally, I actually thought this case was a bit hard, but maybe I'm just dumb (though I do wish they didn't give away the answer to the "hands above head" prompt so easily). It took me a while to figure out the answer to both the "darkness before he felt the pain" during the seance sequence, and the final contradiction with the Mitama/Magatama key, which vaguely reminded me of the final Hammer/Powers contradiction in 1-3. Like I said, I could just be dumb, but I kept rereading it over and over again without a fucking clue
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Alright, I've got a question for you all but before you say something, this is NOT a walkthrough question. Just something I was curious about.
Spoiler: Case 1 Spoilers Regarding Water Mirror/Conclusions made after
In the water mirror segment in case 1, we ultimately prove that Ahlbi was held at gunpoint by Rohl. There's a few things I was wondering about. First of all, despite his current situation, his facial expressions don't seem to match the flashback image, he doesn't look scared, but that's just me. Second of all, no one seems to explain why Ahlbi just screams before the vison goes dark.
If someone could please explain this away, be my guest.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Alright, I've got a question for you all but before you say something, this is NOT a walkthrough question. Just something I was curious about.
Spoiler: Case 1 Spoilers Regarding Water Mirror/Conclusions made after
In the water mirror segment in case 1, we ultimately prove that Ahlbi was held at gunpoint by Rohl. There's a few things I was wondering about. First of all, despite his current situation, his facial expressions don't seem to match the flashback image, he doesn't look scared, but that's just me. Second of all, no one seems to explain why Ahlbi just screams before the vison goes dark.
If someone could please explain this away, be my guest.

Spoiler: 6-1
It's been a little while since I last played that part, but... I think Ahlbi more looks stunned than scared. He can't really believe what he's seeing and hearing. A friend who looked out for him is now suddenly holding him at gunpoint and he's asking him a strange question like "Did you steal it?". I don't think his mind has processed this yet in order to move on to fear. Another explanation is that he also maybe trusted Paht Rohl enough to know he won't get shot, so he isn't as scared.
As for the scream... It looks more like a conversation to me. Ahlbi is talking, and I think it's safe to assume Rohl responded, and after that I think it's more like Ahlbi's shouting a single word. "Nooo!" or "Dooon't!" in response to whatever Paht Rohl said at that point.

Image
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Nurio wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:
Alright, I've got a question for you all but before you say something, this is NOT a walkthrough question. Just something I was curious about.
Spoiler: Case 1 Spoilers Regarding Water Mirror/Conclusions made after
In the water mirror segment in case 1, we ultimately prove that Ahlbi was held at gunpoint by Rohl. There's a few things I was wondering about. First of all, despite his current situation, his facial expressions don't seem to match the flashback image, he doesn't look scared, but that's just me. Second of all, no one seems to explain why Ahlbi just screams before the vison goes dark.
If someone could please explain this away, be my guest.

Spoiler: 6-1
It's been a little while since I last played that part, but... I think Ahlbi more looks stunned than scared. He can't really believe what he's seeing and hearing. A friend who looked out for him is now suddenly holding him at gunpoint and he's asking him a strange question like "Did you steal it?". I don't think his mind has processed this yet in order to move on to fear. Another explanation is that he also maybe trusted Paht Rohl enough to know he won't get shot, so he isn't as scared.
As for the scream... It looks more like a conversation to me. Ahlbi is talking, and I think it's safe to assume Rohl responded, and after that I think it's more like Ahlbi's shouting a single word. "Nooo!" or "Dooon't!" in response to whatever Paht Rohl said at that point.

But then
Spoiler: Case 1/Case 5 (I tried to make the spoiler from case 5 as vague as possible)
shouldn't the water mirror have shown "man's voice" alongside "boy's voice", since Rohl would be hearing himself speak? And before you say something about the water mirror in case 5, we don't have much proof that the victim ever replied verbally in Turnabout Revolution. Again, if you can explain my doubts, please do.

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Spoiler: Case 1/Case 5 (I tried to make the spoiler from case 5 as vague as possible)
shouldn't the water mirror have shown "man's voice" alongside "boy's voice", since Rohl would be hearing himself speak? And before you say something about the water mirror in case 5, we don't have much proof that the victim ever replied verbally in Turnabout Revolution. Again, if you can explain my doubts, please do.

Spoiler: 6-3
Think back to the Séance Vision for Tahrust. He was citing whatever the rite was when looking at the paper he was holding. But I don't think one of the senses said "Man's voice". Combine this with the fact that we haven't seen the deceased's own voice in any of the Séance Visions, and it's clear that these don't register in the Pool of Souls for some reason.

Image
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Another question regarding the water mirror.
Spoiler: Case 1 Major Case Development
As we all know, Rohl was holding Ahlbi at gunpoint. However, there's something I noticed. In the illustration showing that event, the gun is practically in front of Ahlbi's bag. However, in the vision, the gun is completely gone, Now, if I made an error with my conclusion, please correct me. It just looks like Rohl should've seen the gun in his own peripheral vision, since the illustration hints at that being the cse

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Spoiler: Case 1 Major Case Development
As we all know, Rohl was holding Ahlbi at gunpoint. However, there's something I noticed. In the illustration showing that event, the gun is practically in front of Ahlbi's bag. However, in the vision, the gun is completely gone, Now, if I made an error with my conclusion, please correct me. It just looks like Rohl should've seen the gun in his own peripheral vision, since the illustration hints at that being the cse

So, uh... Guess we dropped the other points?
Spoiler: 6-5
The Séance Vision doesn't work as a 100% accurate video camera or something. It literally shows how people experience things. That's also why you don't see blinking or why you don't see the person's nose, since that's everything we all filter out. The biggest proof for this, of course, is that the during Inga's vision, we didn't see faces either. Or that the Steel Samurai theme showed up as the Plumed Punisher theme. By this logic, people filter out the gun they're holding from their vision.

Image
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Nurio wrote:
Apollo4Justice wrote:
Spoiler: Case 1 Major Case Development
As we all know, Rohl was holding Ahlbi at gunpoint. However, there's something I noticed. In the illustration showing that event, the gun is practically in front of Ahlbi's bag. However, in the vision, the gun is completely gone, Now, if I made an error with my conclusion, please correct me. It just looks like Rohl should've seen the gun in his own peripheral vision, since the illustration hints at that being the cse

So, uh... Guess we dropped the other points?
Spoiler: 6-5
The Séance Vision doesn't work as a 100% accurate video camera or something. It literally shows how people experience things. That's also why you don't see blinking or why you don't see the person's nose, since that's everything we all filter out. The biggest proof for this, of course, is that the during Inga's vision, we didn't see faces either. Or that the Steel Samurai theme showed up as the Plumed Punisher theme. By this logic, people filter out the gun they're holding from their vision.

I dropped other points because there wasn't much left to discuss with them. Anyways, about your current point...
Spoiler: Case 1 Water Mirror
I don't disagree with you on the experience part. However, there's one issue with what you've said. You say we can't see the blinking or the nose because of the victim's "filtering out" of some details. However, I reviewed the vison again and found that Ahlbi can clearly be seen blinking, quite erratically, considering his situation, and his nose is quite visible. Just something I wanted to point out. Also, I'd think a gun would be something you wouldn't filter out. But then again, I tend to do a lot of things without ever realizing it, which is what Rohl likely did, just reacting normally like he would with any intruder.

If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Apollo4Justice wrote:
I dropped other points because there wasn't much left to discuss with them.

Well, then at least say you accepted that as true or something. Don't just leave it there. I'm helping you by explaining you things...

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Spoiler: Case 1 Water Mirror
However, I reviewed the vison again and found that Ahlbi can clearly be seen blinking, quite erratically, considering his situation, and his nose is quite visible.

Uhm... What? When I said that you don't see people blinking and their noses, I am of course talking about the victim's own blinking and the victim's own nose, which, if it were an actual 100% accurate recording, should show... But since a person filters out their own blinking and their own nose from their vision, it also doesn't show in the Séance Vision. Of course when you look at someone else, you notice their blinking and definitely their nose...

Apollo4Justice wrote:
Spoiler: Case 1 Water Mirror
Also, I'd think a gun would be something you wouldn't filter out. But then again, I tend to do a lot of things without ever realizing it, which is what Rohl likely did, just reacting normally like he would with any intruder.

Spoiler: 6-1
Well, do you have a garden hose? Do you actively see the hose in your mind as you are watering the plants? Or do you just look at the plants and direct the stream of water through hand-eye coordination? This is also the reason why the surroundings in a Séance Vision are blurry. It's because people don't really pay attention to the details of their surroundings so much. It's only when Rayfa asks for more detail that we get sharper images. I think that's similar to hypnotizing someone to recall their past memories better.

Image
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

I see. Well, thank you for the explanations, they certainly helped clear some issues up. However, one final issue is still lingering, all the way in the very beginning.
Spoiler: Case 1 Intro/HUGE SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE CASE
I know that the intro is supposed to be more dramatic than real but I still can't help but point this out. In the intro, we see Rohl falling onto his back and then the treasure box falls. However, this contradicts our understanding of the case. We know Rohl was hit on the back of his head, which makes less sense in the intro, since Rohl, dying from one hit, had no time to turn around while being attacked. The illustration of this also furhter proves my point. Furthermore, since Rohl was holding the box at the time, the box falling AFTER Rohl did also maks no sense. I WOULD bring up the lack of the guitar that Pees'lubn used but he could've easily thrown it aside at the time.
If you can clear up these issues once again, that would be great. I don't know if it's possible to, though, considering how complicated it all is. Good luck!
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Yeah, I'd chalk that one up to 'artistic freedom'. As you said, it was all done for drama. Heck...
Spoiler: 6-1
Just the fact he's talking out loud to himself about how he's gonna make Ahlbi take the blame is something stupid. Ahlbi would definitely have heard that and recognized the voice.

Image
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

I'm fine and ready for justice!

Gender: Male

Location: Florida

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Posts: 357

Nurio wrote:
Yeah, I'd chalk that one up to 'artistic freedom'. As you said, it was all done for drama. Heck...
Spoiler: 6-1
Just the fact he's talking out loud to himself about how he's gonna make Ahlbi take the blame is something stupid. Ahlbi would definitely have heard that and recognized the voice.

Actually, from what I saw in replaying the case a few hours ago,
Spoiler: Case 1
Ahlbi said that he ran away as soon as the power went out. He probably couldn't have heard a voice then but the question of "why didn't he hear the impact of the murder weapon" would still be raised.
Anyways, thanks again for your help. It's been a fun discussion.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

A Kirby and AA fan

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Posts: 1032

Yeah, it was fun. I actually had some realizations of my own as I was typing, so it was also very beneficial for me!
Image
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Lexicon of Knowledge

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4437

Returning to this game after a year long break is rather refreshing. I've forgotten quite a few things about the game, honestly.

So, this case. Where do I start?
Spoiler: 6-1
This was a pretty fun case, similar to how I remember it. The first half is alright, I guess, but also goes on for a long time. It's half an hour of waiting to even get to the court and forty five minutes till the first cross examination. It gets slightly tedious on a replay.

I like most of the characters in this case. Phoenix was…meh. I didn't like the part where he explicitly bluffed about Rohl being the thief. Other than that he was alright. Payne himself was just overkilling it, but I like his breakdown. Feels pretty satisfying. Ahlbi's a good character, but this is the case where he get some the most screentime, which is a bit of a shame. The Judge himself is also good. Forgot how much development he got in this case alone.

Of course, the best character is this case is ducking Pees'lubn, baby. He alone makes the case entertaining. Otherwise it'd be pretty monotonous to sit through. Yeah, his testimonies are novelties, but they're rather fun, if not a bit egregious. I pressed all his statements because of how great they are. I love how his SHREDDING gets even more intense as the case goes on. 10/10 character.

Other than that, this case is good. Waaaay too long for a first case, like the usual Yamazaki tutorial, but it also has the best and most entertaining first killer (who's not the main villain) in the series.

Coming soon...
Image
Re: Case one discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:22 am

Posts: 8

Such an important first case and on the whole it was pretty good! I think setting the first case in khura'in (in so far as the writers' game plan was to alternate between both settings) and having phoenix as the protagonist here were well-chosen moves. We as players are already familiar with Japanifornia. Plus we see the establishment of early relationships so we can see how wonderfully they change over time, especially with Ahl'bi and Rayfa.

Ahl'bi in my opinion is an unsung hero as far as this game is concerned!
vroom vroom!
Page 2 of 2 [ 72 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO