Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 3 of 5[ 170 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Case two discussion thread (tagged spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Pierre wrote:
So you acknowledge that I am right but that somehow the fact they only do it for one case diminishes that?

No...I think that's fine...even the person you are quoting said "well the cast is so huge now I think that's understandable."

I didn't say that it was understandable. I said that was a separate problem :P

Trucy is amazing, and while giving her an actual role in one case is a huge step up from "Hi, magic panties magic panties magic panties, bye!" in DD, it's still a far cry from her in AJ.

Small victories are worth celebrating :basil:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Gerkuman wrote:
This was an amazing case, but then, I like pretty much everything so I dunno if my opinion counts for anything. That being said, I don't get the whole 'it sucks that court dialogue is being treated differently' argument; As Prosecutor Sadmahdhi says 'let it go.'

Then again, people said the same to me when I objected to Nick becoming main protagonist again, so maybe I'm not being reasonable.

Nah, it's good to be optimistic, and I concede that my talking about the way they talk in court is in itself a nitpick... But it's a nitpick that contributes to the general problem I've had with the Yamazaki games that they can make me tune out after a while because they get self-indulgent in the details too often and the pacing suffers.

I agree that it's nice Trucy gets her time to shine in this one case as opposed to not at all, but at worst this gives SoJ a JFA-like feel where each episode is just its own story, and while that's okay I think the series is usually at its best when it has a sense of an arc between the cases and that also means focusing on a set cast throughout the game and Trucy still suffers from being a previous main character who was relegated to a minor character. It's good enough, but it used to be that this franchise was above being "just good enough" IMHO
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Gardevoir lover

linkenski wrote:
Trucy still suffers from being a previous main character who was relegated to a minor character.

It's seriously bugging me that people keep pretending she's a main character when she's been replaced already. The only reason this case even exists is because of this mindset.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Mia Payne

Absolutely no one refers to her as a main character, not the promos nor the press releases

1000% Knight

She might not be a "main character," but she'll always have an "important role" as long as Apollo and Nick are main characters. If they try to sweep her away like in DD, they're just going to get repeats of the same complaint like in DD-5 where people went "Nick's daughter has been kidnapped, and the one he's worried about is Athena?"

(and if she's going to have an important role, she may as well be a main character)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Mia Payne

Bad Player wrote:
She might not be a "main character," but she'll always have an "important role" as long as Apollo and Nick are main characters. If they try to sweep her away like in DD, they're just going to get repeats of the same complaint like in DD-5 where people went "Nick's daughter has been kidnapped, and the one he's worried about is Athena?"

(and if she's going to have an important role, she may as well be a main character)

But this game isn't about the Gramarye's, it's about the kingdom

Then this is the fault of 6-2 for even bringing up the Gramaryes. After AJAA I fully expected that if they continued that part of the franchise it would be about her and Apollo going forward, but with DD they decided to take a different approach which is fine, but because people complainied that it wasn't a nice continuation of AJAA they now felt like addressing it, but it causes problems and draws attention away from the plotline SoJ seems to be going for. Knowing the remaining trials in America has nothing to do with Trucy or this Gramarye stuff I can already tell how this whole thing is going to smell by the end (not SoJ as a whole, but the AJAA-side)

If this (SoJ) isn't the continuation of the plot where she was the main character (AJ:AA), why is it in the game? I think 6-2 is decent in its own mystery. A nicely small cast, fun mystery and a nice general theme about showbiz, but then they have to distract with the "Gramaryes" immediately drawing you back into the AJAA universe and making it feel like this is a continuation of AJAA in a sense. I think Trucy is definitely a main character in AJAA, and unless she has an ongoing arc with this game or future titles, what's the point of reemphasising the plot threads of that game than to hammer into the ground how much Trucy's role has been diminished in the grand scheme of things? I know this sounds like a case of "Damned if you do/don't" but what I want is that if they decide it's time for "more trucy" like this, they should've stuck to their guns and do it the rest of the game instead of deciding to make an Athena Cykes case in case 4 or focus on Phoenix and Maya next. I have a bad feeling this game is going to be a series of rushed closure for all prior plotlines.

I think they could've had a case where Trucy is being put on trial and Apollo defends her without making it feel annoying with how much she's been cast aside, but because so many elements in 6-2 exists to feign a sense of "continued from AJAA" it sticks out like a sore thumb how Trucy is still been completely reduced as a character all over again once the plot moves on from 6-2.

I don't wanna give off the impression that I dislke SoJ or anything now. It's just specifically this which has to do with 6-2 is a bummer IMHO, but yes, of course I still appreciate seeing Trucy not being completely flanderized like in DD for what it's worth :edgey:

Gettin' Old!

I don't mind filler cases and I'm really glad they at least acknowledged the continuation of AA4 because it felt so out of place. I am 100% fine with the case at this point in time :-P

Feel I need to throw out that disclaimer, getting awful negative around here. I don't think everything needs to tie into an overarching narrative. It's cool yeah but not a "must".
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Gardevoir lover

linkenski wrote:
Then this is the fault of 6-2 for even bringing up the Gramaryes. After AJAA I fully expected that if they continued that part of the franchise it would be about her and Apollo going forward, but with DD they decided to take a different approach which is fine, but because people complainied that it wasn't a nice continuation of AJAA they now felt like addressing it, but it causes problems and draws attention away from the plotline SoJ seems to be going for. Knowing the remaining trials in America has nothing to do with Trucy or this Gramarye stuff I can already tell how this whole thing is going to smell by the end (not SoJ as a whole, but the AJAA-side)

This is a massive problem with the current staff, they want to please literally everyone so instead of making one cohesive narrative they feel the need to shoehorn in old plotlines in games that don't need them. 6-2 literally could have been about anything else and the overarching narrative would have been relatively the same.

Either make Trucy the main character she's supposed to be or don't put her in at all, same with Athena and Maya. If your just gonna halfass it why even bother?

Blizdi wrote:
But this game isn't about the Gramarye's, it's about the kingdom

Then why bring it up to begin with?

New Adventurer

Is this the only case 2 in the series that's been a one day trial? or am I mistaken? Either way, I still enjoyed it quite thoroughly

1000% Knight

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
This is a massive problem with the current staff, they want to please literally everyone so instead of making one cohesive narrative they feel the need to shoehorn in old plotlines in games that don't need them. 6-2 literally could have been about anything else and the overarching narrative would have been relatively the same.

Yeah, and they brought this upon themselves by bringing back Nick and introducing Athena in DD. With three protagonists hogging the spotlight, there just isn't enough room to then give each of their peripheral characters time to shine.

They could try cutting out one or two of the main attorneys, but that'll piss off some portion of the fanbase, so they might instead just keep playing the "safe" route, and continue giving increasingly smaller slices of the pie to an increasing large cast of characters.

Spoiler: End of case 5
Having Apollo stay in Khura'in might be their way to write Apollo out of the franchise to then focus on Nick and/or Athena... but that'd then bring up the question of why they did the Thalassa tease. Plus Apollo was the most popular one post-DD, so if they were going to cut one out, I think he'd be a weird choice.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

That or they pull a pokemon and make separate games based around each of the attorneys.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gardevoir lover

Pierre wrote:
That or they pull a pokemon and make separate games based around each of the attorneys.

That was actually the first idea for AA6, Apollo justice Red and Phoenix Wright Blue. But Yamazaki didn't want to put in the effort of making 8 to 10 cases so it was scrapped, at least that's what i remember hearing.

Gettin' Old!

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Pierre wrote:

That was actually the first idea for AA6, Apollo justice Red and Phoenix Wright Blue. But Yamazaki didn't want to put in the effort of making 8 to 10 cases so it was scrapped, at least that's what i remember hearing.

I can get that as well...its not like pokemon where most of the assets are reused. It literally is double the work.

Also I can't quite get Roger Retinz pun.... It could be that his surname can sound similar to ratings but after Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin its pretty weak
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The miracle never happen

Pierre wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I can get that as well...its not like pokemon where most of the assets are reused. It literally is double the work.

Also I can't quite get Roger Retinz pun.... It could be that his surname can sound similar to ratings but after Pees'lubn Andistan'dhin its pretty weak

The pun is that he's the "Ratings Rajah" and if you switch his first and last name, his name becomes "Retinz Roger" say that out loud and you'll probably get it.
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

Wotter boy

Cream Soda wrote:
Is this the only case 2 in the series that's been a one day trial? or am I mistaken? Either way, I still enjoyed it quite thoroughly

Aside from tutorial cases.
5-5 is day inv.-one trial.
3-4 and 6-4 are one day trials as well.

Objection!

linkenski wrote:
but it causes problems and draws attention away from the plotline SoJ seems to be going for.

I disagree with this. One of the major running themes of SoJ so far - having just started Case 5 - seems to be "standing up to heavy public pressure". It's happened in every case so far; obviously predominantly in the Khura'in trials, but every case alludes to the concept.

Spoiler: AA6-1 to AA6-4
In 6-1, you're introduced to Khura'in's judicial system. The gallery literally chants for your death, extermination and annihilation. In case 2, a media mogul runs a mass smear campaign against you, causing the audience to detest you from the word go. In 6-3, you are literally found guilty, increasing the pressure on you by tenfold the following day. And in 6-4, Athena has to face and overcome her insecurities and emotions in order to continue standing tall until the end and not falter under the pressure.

In this regard, 6-2 fits perfectly into the narrative arc. One could argue that there couldn't really be a better setting for it and that Trucy and her involvement in the showbiz are a natural fit for the theme. Sure, they may not have picked up on every single plotline from AJ, and sure, they may not have dedicated half the game to something they made pretty clear they aren't interested in exploring any further, but honestly, I think it's time to - quote - "let it go and move on". The case works great for what it is, and it doesn't feel out-of-place to me whatsoever.

I've felt worse.

Spoiler: What a beautiful Duwang
You have my sincerest apologies.

Okay, on a serious note, I really liked this case. Returning to the Gramaryes was great, the actual crime was intriguing (if a bit complicated), and the deductions were comparatively challenging. I know I complained about the
Spoiler:
"accused thinks they killed someone by accident but is actually set up by the real culprit to make them look like even more of an asshole" thing being overdone but here they actually managed to make it work. Probably has to do with how many times the defense was so close to losing.

Nahyuta, though, I'm not really sold on. Given the direction the end of the case hints at, I don't think I'll be all over his character by the end. Unless that what the devs want me to think before they pull the rug at just the right time.

Also, small thing that bugged me:
Spoiler:
Why did Trucy need to switch swords in the first place? Why not just use a prop sword from the start?

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Pierre wrote:

Because that would be super great result when everything is so dependant on the writing :3

I actually love that idea but it's not realistic unless there was 3 Yamazakis or if Takumi liked to work with other people on writing stuff. (Lol why am I taking it seriously?)

But anywhoo, I'm not sure I really like case 2 that much... or well, I do, because like I said I like the characters and the fact that this case is so simple. Apollo is cool, helping Trucy is cool and I like how overdramatic it is with how Apollo has to do or die figuratively speaking. At times it feels too much with the stakes set so high from this early on, but it also reminds me of the first game which did this with 1-2, a case I fucking love, so in that way I kinda dig case 2. But there are annoyances and I wouldn't be surprised if I look back on the game at some point and think of this case as the bad one. A shame because I love playing as Apollo to be honest. The thing about the case is that its own stuff is fine, the killers, the crime, defending Trucy -- but the baggage of all the Gramarye stuff and giving Trucy some "Backstory(TM)" really distracts me from those things that are really good about it.

On another note, I think Nahyuta has to grown on me before I like him. I had nothing against Blackquill -- didn't particularly "love" him as much as other prosecutors, but Nahyuta is giving me Courtney-vibes and i hope that eventaully I start caring more about him.

Clarion of Revelations

sumguy28 wrote:
Also, small thing that bugged me:
Spoiler:
Why did Trucy need to switch swords in the first place? Why not just use a prop sword from the start?

Spoiler:
In magic shows they tend to show the audience that the sword is a real one, like when she cut the apple in the testimony. It's just to impress.

Lol, I picked the wrong answer and the Judge referenced Recipe for Turnabout

The cape is self-fluttering

I can actually I enjoyed this one quite a bit. Everything seemed to flow smoothly, though it got a little weird toward the end. It was like they took one part 1-3 and one part 2-3 and scrambled them together to get the murder method. And even then, the remote control thing came out of left field (even though there are electric winches you can control wirelessly).

Spoiler: Roger
A total prick, but dude had me cracking up the whole time. I loved it when he kept posting Apollo's and Athena's reactions on the internet, and when he shoved a camera in their faces and held up cue cards. "SAY SOMETHING DUMB!!"

His identity as Mr. Reus was obvious rather early on. Mistree seemed a bit young for him to have been kicked out of Troupe Gramarye thirteen years ago. Plus, there was the fact Trucy had no memory of meeting Reus, and that Roger held a grudge against the Gramaryes and for some reason could do magic. Oddly, I didn't catch the lack of scars on Mistree in the video until it came time to reveal the real Mr. Reus.

That was one weird breakdown. Almost Phantom worthy.

Spoiler: Bonny
Well, I was partly right. Bonny/Mimi was definitely suspicious, just not the murderer. Wouldn't have guessed she had a twin. That part came out of nowhere, but it was funny seeing Betty try to hush Bonny up with her bullying and nudging.

Spoiler: Sahdmadhi
These Khura'inese folk aren't so abundant in the self-awareness, now are they? The defense has had to deal with the likes of the von Karmas, a mug-throwing coffee addict, and a chained convict who tosses invisible blades and lets his bird loose, and I think even all of them combined have shown more respect to the defense than someone from Khura'in has. (I know, I know, it's supposed to be ridiculous.)

Nahyuta seems nice when he's not being a typical judgmental Khura'inese asshole. Looks like they're pulling a Wright/Edgeworth with him and Apollo now. Oh well, any additional backstory with Apollo is welcome; I just hope they don't throw a bunch of unnecessary stuff in there while pushing aside things that must be addressed (something GS5 was guilty of, even if some of it worked).

lol @ Nahyuta whacking himself with his beads

Spoiler: Ema
I'm glad she's more cheerful now after getting into Forensics, but I hope she isn't on her way to becoming the series' new punching bag, the way Gumshoe was. She's finally rid of her glimmerous boss, though maybe her new boss is part glimmerous and part simmerous. She's a bit too intimidated by him for my liking.

The new snackoo animation is hilarious. She's like a hamster. Or a Hoover vacuum. A hamster-hoover.

Spoiler: Trucy
I am liking the additional backstory on the Gramaryes. And it's pretty cool to see Trucy really making a name for herself.

Spoiler: Apollo
I found the conversations between him and Phoenix rather interesting. There was nothing odd about them, but they kind of played out like a message to the players. With Phoenix saying "Now I know I can trust you to hold down the fort anytime" and "You're a real, full-fledged lawyer now in my eyes!" and heaping on the praise, as if to tell the players "I'M TRYING TO PASS THE GODDAMN TORCH, LET ME DO IT ALREADY YOU INGRATES"

I could just be imagining it though.

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The miracle never happen

Thank you for the hasmter video
"There is but one last shred of cheer for a soul far beyond redemption: The bitter darkness that lies at the very bottom of this mug."
-Diego Armando

迷探偵

ThePaSch wrote:
linkenski wrote:
but it causes problems and draws attention away from the plotline SoJ seems to be going for.

I disagree with this. One of the major running themes of SoJ so far - having just started Case 5 - seems to be "standing up to heavy public pressure". It's happened in every case so far; obviously predominantly in the Khura'in trials, but every case alludes to the concept.

Spoiler: AA6-1 to AA6-4
In 6-1, you're introduced to Khura'in's judicial system. The gallery literally chants for your death, extermination and annihilation. In case 2, a media mogul runs a mass smear campaign against you, causing the audience to detest you from the word go. In 6-3, you are literally found guilty, increasing the pressure on you by tenfold the following day. And in 6-4, Athena has to face and overcome her insecurities and emotions in order to continue standing tall until the end and not falter under the pressure.

In this regard, 6-2 fits perfectly into the narrative arc. One could argue that there couldn't really be a better setting for it and that Trucy and her involvement in the showbiz are a natural fit for the theme. Sure, they may not have picked up on every single plotline from AJ, and sure, they may not have dedicated half the game to something they made pretty clear they aren't interested in exploring any further, but honestly, I think it's time to - quote - "let it go and move on". The case works great for what it is, and it doesn't feel out-of-place to me whatsoever.

You're on the right track, and you'll probably notice it better by the time you finish the game, but while they said the theme of the game was "the Revolution of the Court" in the marketing campaign, it's not the real theme of the game (the developers also mention this in post-release interviews). But they can't mention the real theme without kinda spoiling where the game wants to go. 6-2 definitely fits within the real theme.

Spoiler:
The real theme is succession/inheriting the 'family/mentor' spirit.

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

What is my liiiife?!?

This is a really great case, and I have to say, despite the fact that they are the villain in a non-final case, the culprit in this case may be my favourite.

Spoiler: 6-2
Mr.Reus/Retinz made it unbelievably personal, to the point where I got personally invested (and lately, that's been difficult as my depression makes it hard for me to do that. Plus he was super annoying, and ebil.

linkenski wrote:

Can you elaborate?

Anyway, I'll start this off by saying I thoroughly enjoyed the case. I liked the killer, the format (One investigation and one trial worked very well for this case and splitting it into more days for the sake of making it seem longer would suck. For example, there is no reason for Turnabout Samurai to be three days long.), and the setting/case in general.

There are some things that bugged me, however. Usually, the cases follow a logical thread. In this one, however, I got confused a bit by some leaps in logic that Apollo made. Am I just dumb?

First of all: There are two Bonnies. That's a cool twist, I guess. But how do we know there are two Bonnies? Bonnie (sp?) mentioned that Trucy had to move the stage lift under the stage and acted all smug about it. This is somehow something she couldn't have known without seeing it? The prosecutor even says "Maybe Trucy told her and then forgot" (but I forgot what Apollo then says as a counter argument. Probably something dumb.). Or how about this: What if Bonnie is able to use basic logic? Maybe Bonnie saw how the stage lifts were arranged at ANY TIME before the show and therefore could logically deduce that you would have to move the stage lift that was already up to use the other stage lift instead? How is this something she absolutely had to see exactly as it was happening?

Second of all: The whole "Retinz is Mistree" thing. So...we know that Retinz doesn't like Trucy. We can also assume he is a magician and that's their connection. Fair enough. But this grudge can somehow only be explained through "He hates Trucy. She's a Gramarye. He hates all Gramaryes. He is that green dude. Even though he died. Well, that just has to mean the green dude didn't die." Like, holy crap, Apollo! Way to explain something in the most ridiculous and most overcomplicated way. I know that there's also the scar thing, but Apollo only brings that up afterwards and it isn't what brought him to the conclusion in the first place.

Also, as some people have mentioned: Why stab the coffin in the first place? What was the original show supposed to be? If Mistree was supposed to emerge from the coffin, then why did the explicitly say that he was supposed to come out of the backstage coffin? But what did Trucy try to proudly present to the audience then? It must have been a person that we are impressed about not getting impaled from the sword, since that should have been the impressive part of the sword switcheroo, so who is really left to come out of the coffin? Betty? They did not explain this at all!

Maybe I'm just dumb.

By the way, what are the puns? I get that Mr. Reus = Mysterious and Manov Mistree = Man of Mystery. What is the pun behind prosecutor Suqmadiq's name and Roger Retinz? Or the Bunny names?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Dani wrote:
By the way, what are the puns? I get that Mr. Reus = Mysterious and Manov Mistree = Man of Mystery. What is the pun behind prosecutor Suqmadiq's name and Roger Retinz? Or the Bunny names?

Spoiler:
Nahyuta's name isn't a pun as far as I can tell. It's a direct translation from the Japanese name, Nayuta Sadmadhi. Roger Retinz flipped is Retinz Roger, which sounds like Ratings Rajah. As for the bunnies, Bonny is "bunny" and Betty is "batty".

Thunder84 wrote:
Spoiler:
Betty is "batty".

.............oh.

Clarion of Revelations

So, I have 2 questions about the case:
Spoiler:
Was Retinz' job as a producer real? Did he seriously went from magician to producer??

And
Spoiler:
I didn't really understand how could they convict Retinz, I don't remember decisive evidence to show he planted the sword, nor how he activated it, also, shouldn't Betty be the culprit? I mean, she activated the winch, right?

MrCafecito wrote:
Spoiler:
shouldn't Betty be the culprit? I mean, she activated the winch, right?

This is not how anything works.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Ash wrote:
Spoiler:
The real theme is succession/inheriting the 'family/mentor' spirit.

Spoiler:
Considering this, even case 4 fits into the game's overarching theme.

Hot Dog

Well, I've already finished it and I've loved it! One of the best second cases of all the franchise. I understand some of the complains most of you have, but overall I think this case is great, it had great twists and all the characters were at least ok! More impressions in the spoiler:

Spoiler:
-At first I didn't like Retinz like at all, but when Apollo discovered that he was Mr. Reus and he turned into his magician persona he was sooooo enjoyable. His music theme was great and his breakdown was EPIC! I loved how he burnt all the Gramarye's masks and when he went to burn Trucy's he burnt instead his own. It gave me the chills.

-Bonny's twist was interesting. I felt like what they did with Olga Orly in Apollo Justice: they played with all the Ace Attorney fans. At first you think that Bonny is a character à la April May or Alita Tiala, she seems nice but in reality she is nasty... But then you discover that Bonny is a really good person and that the nasty one was her twin sister Betty. It reminded me a little of Iris and Dahlia's twist, but it felt different.

-Trucy was handled admirably in this case. I loved her. In DD she was annoying and repetitive, but here she got some really good development. I think that making her the focus in one case was a great idea. Now we can enjoy the rest of the characters and Trucy's fans will be satisfied.

-Nahyuta was... Okay, I guess. I don't like that his relationship with Apollo is so similar to Phoenix and Edgeworth's conflict in the first game. It's almost the same thing XD I hope that they develop the conflict towards a different direction.

-Something that I am noticing is that the puns in the names are very obvious and simple in this game. Manov Mistree is at the same level than Luke Atmey XD I liked how they hid puns in the names, not how they make names with puns. And I've seen some names from case 3 and they don't improve at all.

So far so good. Next step: case 3!

Still on this case. I wasted about 10 strikes on that mood matrix segment where you have to present evidence (like a testimony without "press") because I was unsure what I was supposed to prove.

I've had 1 strike left for the rest of the case so far and boy, this game has a bad tendency to telegraph the answers way too clearly, kinda like DD but I almost feel SoJ is even easier, it's a total cakewalk.
Spoiler: Video tape
the part where you compare the two videos is great in concept. I was like "yes, here we go, I love stuff like this" and I noticed some differences the first time it was showed to the court and then I was disappointed to see that was all I had to point out :/

Anyway, I'm wasting the remaining strike on saying Trucy and Retinz are dating. That's too crazy

Also, the presentation is great. So many surprises where the developers put extra work into creating unique set-piece animations. And lastly, Bonny is... I still don't know what I think about the character. I feel she has potential to be very memorable but she's also kind of uninspired at times,
Spoiler: Bonny
The fact that there were two of them and one is angry and the other twin is happy is great and I kinda love them, but there are also things I think fall flat about them. The "sweet" moment where Bonny admits she really looks up to Trucy and talks about not giving up... I can't help but feel this has happened before in the series at least a couple of times. It was one of those deja-vu moments. It just had no impact.

Dani wrote:
linkenski wrote:

Can you elaborate?

Spoiler: 3-3 & 6-2
Now I can't remember when it was but I answered wrong at one point and in the fail-dialogue the Judge said something to the effect of Apollo possibly wearing a fake badge made of cartboard, and Apollo goes. "Why cartboard, specifically...?" and The Judge goes "Just a case I took once." or something.

Spoiler:
Am I missing something in regards to the whole rope plot-point brought up near the end of the trial? It made zero sense to me. There was, like, a three second window between the coffin breaking open and the dragon falling in which someone could have attached it to Mistree's carabiner. It would have to have been either Bonny, covertly attaching a rope to a corpse in front of an audience and rolling cameras, or Mistree himself, breaking playing dead for a second... also in front of an audience and rolling cameras. He couldn't have had it on before the coffin collapsed - last I checked, rope can't phase through wood. Even if there was a window of time in which someone could have attached it to him...why would they have agreed? Mistree careening into the ceiling wasn't part of the prank! What would Retinz have told the person responsible? "pls attach a cord to mistree im not telling you why tho just trust me on this". I feel so lost regarding this. I feel I must have missed something here because I've seen nobody else bring it up. Did I accidentally skip a dialogue box, or...?

Racing through the sky like a Missile

calumnw wrote:
Spoiler:
Am I missing something in regards to the whole rope plot-point brought up near the end of the trial? It made zero sense to me. There was, like, a three second window between the coffin breaking open and the dragon falling in which someone could have attached it to Mistree's carabiner. It would have to have been either Bonny, covertly attaching a rope to a corpse in front of an audience and rolling cameras, or Mistree himself, breaking playing dead for a second... also in front of an audience and rolling cameras. He couldn't have had it on before the coffin collapsed - last I checked, rope can't phase through wood. Even if there was a window of time in which someone could have attached it to him...why would they have agreed? Mistree careening into the ceiling wasn't part of the prank! What would Retinz have told the person responsible? "pls attach a cord to mistree im not telling you why tho just trust me on this". I feel so lost regarding this. I feel I must have missed something here because I've seen nobody else bring it up. Did I accidentally skip a dialogue box, or...?

Spoiler:
The rope/cable was attached to him during the show. It's how he was able to fly in the intro. How no one was able to see him with it is part of the show, I guess.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Beauty and grace.

I can not gush enough about how much I loved this case??? I love the sprite animations so much, especially

Spoiler:
the de Famme twins' teleportation trick and Trucy's testimony.

This case definitely threw me for some loops, like with

Spoiler:
the whole twin Bonny thing, even though looking back it was heavily foreshadowed, and the whole Retinez is actually Reus. His breakdown was also really elegant and the fact that he was still so cool even after losing was amazing.

My only gripe I guess would be

Spoiler:
with how weak Nahyuta seemed to be in the case. I mean, the whole 'he can seen the karmic threads of fate' didn't really come into play and overall it didn't seem like he added much to the case. I never felt like he made stretches though with his conclusions and I am excited to see what his connect with Apollo is.

linkenski wrote:
I can't really think of any beyond "It would be cool" or "I don't want to write two entire days of this case. It's too much plotting!"

Late reply, but possible justification is that Retinez said he would seize the WAA by tomorrow if Trucy wasn't proven innocent by then, so they had to do it in one go.

Wotter boy

scarlet-flowers wrote:
linkenski wrote:
I can't really think of any beyond "It would be cool" or "I don't want to write two entire days of this case. It's too much plotting!"

Late reply, but possible justification is that Retinez said he would seize the WAA by tomorrow if Trucy wasn't proven innocent by then, so they had to do it in one go.

I thought in an interview they stated that Case 2 was condensed so Case 4 could be placed in the main game.
I'm not complaining tho, I love them both.

Yabba Dabba Doo

Yeesh, is it really that hard to make a game with 5 full cases in it? Not counting DLC/Rise from the Ashes, every main series game has had either 4 cases, or 5 cases with 2 one day trials or just split a case in half.

Gettin' Old!

Anyone think Athena is a but flanderised in this? It almost feels like they swapped her and Trucy around where Athena seems far more childish than ever before.

And Trucy behaves like a boss as she should have done in AA5
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 3 of 5 [ 170 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)