Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

Case 2 softlock??? [RESOLVED]Topic%20Title

Oh right, this was a thing.

Okaaay I think I screwed something up
Spoiler: Just in case
So right after I had my first full conversation with Retinz, I suppose I'm supposed to go to the Dressing Room to talk to Bonny, or to the Detention Center to talk to Trucy. The thing is, none of the characters are triggering, even after making sure I've investigated everything there is. I think the problem is that I went to investigate the crime scene thoroughly before noticing Trucy's book being with Reus's stuff. Am I missing something, or did I seriously softlock myself???

~UltrawaveStudios~

Last edited by UltrawaveStudios on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Case 2 softlock???Topic%20Title

Art Person

This is interesting. I might replay the case just to see if I can make this happen. Won't be able to get back to you quickly, but in the meantime, check the notes in the court record. You might've just missed a step and it's still in your notes as incomplete.

There's already a reported glitch in the case that stops you from progressing once you get to the understage, so this could be another

Art Person

Ah wow. What is this glitch? Now I just wanna see if I can replicate these.

Yeah this is the issue when you make the investigations linear. In the old games you had a lot more freedom (you could examine 3 places in tandem back and forth and once you do all 3, the dialogue begins), but the investigations in SoJ still had an order you needed to follow one to the next.
Re: Case 2 softlock??? [RESOLVED]Topic%20Title

Oh right, this was a thing.

...Okaaay nevermind.
Spoiler: GDI
Apparently there was that blue book that I thought would've been grouped in with Trucy's things that was apparently its own item. UUUGH.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Understage thing, though.
~UltrawaveStudios~

Objection!

SuperAj3 wrote:
In the old games you had a lot more freedom (you could examine 3 places in tandem back and forth and once you do all 3, the dialogue begins), but the investigations in SoJ still had an order you needed to follow one to the next.

I'm honestly not sure which method I prefer, actually. In the old games, you were prone to these situations where you ran back and forth between places, shoving evidence in people's faces and just not progressing at all because you didn't think of showing some obscure person some obscure piece of evidence that was never hinted at and probably doesn't even give you actual new, useful information (apart from maybe unlocking an inconsequential talk topic), but is still somehow necessary to trigger the entire rest of the investigation. DD/SoJ may be a little too linear (DD moreso because of limited investigation), but I'm honestly glad I didn't have to go through stuff like that anymore. I used to not really be a fan of investigations, but I'm actually liking them in the new games.

SuperAj3 wrote:
Ah wow. What is this glitch? Now I just wanna see if I can replicate these.

Yeah this is the issue when you make the investigations linear. In the old games you had a lot more freedom (you could examine 3 places in tandem back and forth and once you do all 3, the dialogue begins), but the investigations in SoJ still had an order you needed to follow one to the next.

I'm not sure how to replicate it but the "examine/move/present" actions will disappear, keeping you from progressing

tactical weeaboo action

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
...Okaaay nevermind.
Spoiler: GDI
Apparently there was that blue book that I thought would've been grouped in with Trucy's things that was apparently its own item. UUUGH.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Understage thing, though.

Holy shit I experienced this same thing. Luckily I discovered that before I got too frustrated, but hey, you're not the only one!

迷探偵

I heard nothing about that in the Japanese version, and you'd think they'd cook up a patch as it's been three months since the JP release, so it might be a glitch specific to the localized version.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)