Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)

Page 1 of 1[ 14 posts ]

The art book looks like it's releasing August 25...Topic%20Title

Athena Internet Defense Force

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/08/ ... -art-book/

Hopefully Amazon.jp starts taking preorders soon.
Re: The art book looks like it's releasing August 25...Topic%20Title

Amazon.co.jp link (if you've been visiting my thread).

Wow! They're already here!

Spoiler:

That's fantastic shipping speed (and price for how fast they got here, I didn't even ask for any kind of special shipment).

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Just saw the concept art for Rayfa, and I was stunned.

Turns out earlier concepts for her were a darker skin tone, a belly dancer-esque/midriff-baring outfit, and a completely different hair color.
Spoiler: Case 5
I'm pretty sure that last one was obviously scrapped, because it would have made it kind of obvious that she's Nahyuta's sister.

POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Anyone want a lookie? https://mega.nz/#!IlhHWAYD!YdqTSmqiHgDI ... BszCPWmVwI

Ace Fangirl

I laughed until I could laugh no more. Simon is now Dorito Faced Bad Touch Senpai San.

Meowzy wrote:

I laughed until I could laugh no more. Simon is now Dorito Faced Bad Touch Senpai San.

DAMMIT, I THOUGHT I CLEANED ALL OF THESE UP.

Ace Fangirl

No no, don't clean them up. Please, leave those images like that. They're very pleasant surprises to stumble across. (Also thank you very much for your hard scanning work)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thanks for the scans. I finally got a copy and wow... at first I thought Blackquill's picture there was among the extras, but it's actually among the animation captures.

Anyway, I also see an interview with Scen. Dir. Yamazaki and Art Dir. Fuse and I am very curious to find out what I can find in there. If Ash doesn't get to it sooner, I'd like to help translate what it says.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

迷探偵

I could do a full translation of that interview for GS Library, if people are interested.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

At first I was going to do a full translation, but I see a few major spoilers scattered in there, so I think I'll just share a list of notable points here instead. If you wish to post the full on your site, feel free!

Spoiler: I've left them vague, but be warned of minor ones
    Setting & theme
  • Back with GS5, they didn't have someone in charge of planning, so their schedule was a bit rough at first. The design team ended up helping with it. With GS6, it was smooth sailing.
  • Since Phoenix has become too powerful, they wanted to get him in trouble - that is, since those turnabouts don't come for free. They opted to challenge his creed of always believing in his clients by throwing him into a place where they despised defense lawyers.
  • At first, they went with somewhere in Europe. DGS previously had been set there too, but they rejected it. Here, they rejected it because they couldn't match the theme of revolution with any country there.
  • They turned to focus on Maya's return instead and took up a theme of spirit channeling. To parallel Kurain Village, they went with a location somewhere in East Asia.
  • For GS5, since it had been ~7 years since GS4 released, they needed something with more impact to the theme. At first Yamazaki figured GS6 didn't need such impact anymore, but after discussing things over with Prod. Eshiro, they aimed for even greater impact: courtroom revolution.
  • Before settling with "revolution", they came up with a few things like an underground court. Fuse still had some idea of it left in mind here, going into detail of how the trials would look, but in the end, they scrapped it since it didn't have much to do with spirit channeling.
  • As they were looking to develop Apollo's character further, they opted for him to leave the WAA at some point. They also decided early on that they were going to focus on building his past. The game also has a subtle theme on "succession", and Apollo was the best candidate to show it.
  • This game is the first to have a civil trial, and yet the plaintiff's attorney seems a bit like a prosecutor in the way the case is presented.

Animation
  • As GS5 was testing the waters with using animated scenes, some scenes seemed a bit off at times. They learned from their experiences for GS6, now with the help of A-1 Pictures and Fuse's direction. At some point, Eshiro suggested they include a prologue, and it became a hit with the fans.
  • Yamazaki really loved the rough draft of Athena eating pork buns.
  • The designs for fake Rayfa and fake Dhruk in the Torisaman anime were around since the early stages, and they decided to keep them in the final product.

Case 1
  • Potdino's performances were planned from the start, but it was a hassle getting the text to comply. The idea of matching even the text blips to the music came later. It took them a whole month just to get everything right.
  • As per series tradition, they had to bring back a Prosecutor Payne, and as Gaspen had been kicked out, he was ripe for the job. According to Fuse, after Nick beat him, though, it seems he'll be traveling again.
  • It was thanks to Gaspen Payne that they considered including a bit of the theme of "intercultural exchange" to this game.
  • Bokuto was chosen to be the key character who represented the sentiments of the common people of Khura'in. Across the game, he goes from hating defense lawyers to accepting them to recognizing the country's laws need change.
  • Mitamaru accompanying him was Fuse's idea. Bless this man.

Case 2
  • Trucy becoming defendant was decided as per series tradition, as the heroine has to be arrested at some point. They then came up with the story of how she never shows others her bitter feelings and how the agency comes under attack.
  • The design team worked with the scenario team to come up with the right kind of culprit and tie them into the Gramarye Troupe's past.
  • Yamazaki and Fuse admit they had their producer in mind when coming up with Shinoyama.
  • They aimed to show Mimi in a similar light to how April May had been back in AA1. (It's a bit different here, though.)
  • Trucy's testimony with her demonstration of magic was a first in the series, and they needed the camera angles just right.

Case 3
  • Maya was decided as the accused from the very beginning, and given she was in training, it was quickly decided there'd be a murder during a ritual. The culprit utilizing the Water Mirror was also worked in to fit with the theme of revolution.
  • Back when the demo first released, they got some comments about how Rayfa is a "jerk"; cutie but meanie. They intended to show a gap between how she seems in the first case compared to how she really is in the third. It's also this case where Maya becomes like a mentor to her, even just a bit.
  • This case works to fit the series' mix of humor and serious drama; with quite a bit of lightheartedness scattered throughout an otherwise depressing situation for everyone involved.
  • A key point in this case led into a different key point in the last case. Both involve spirit channeling and tricking the Water Mirror.
  • When Nanashiino Gonbe (temp) was first revealed to the public, they found fan comments saying he could have been Apollo's dad.
  • Dats' character was drafted along with Dhruk's; both seem threatening at first, but later...

Case 4
  • As this case would be set back in Japan, they settled with a case theme of Japan, and the rakugo yose was established.
  • It was difficult bringing Blackquill into the defense's assistant slot, as they had to work out the particular relationship between him and Athena, which previously was only shown through their court battles. They came to show it through Athena's drive to earn his respect, and all else fell into place.
  • The underlying theme of this case is shown through the colorful cast of characters, all being in showbiz, and Athena using her Mood Matrix to break through the witness' silence became a critical point in the case.

Case 5
  • This case was from the very start drafted to show Apollo's growth, to challenge Phoenix in battle, and ultimately overthrow an oppressive regime. It was also inevitable that they draw in Nahyuta and Rayfa's roles as well. They had to work out a lot of the details along the way, though.
  • As this game is the conclusion of Apollo's trilogy - 4, 5, and 6 - they had to have the ending leave an impression.
  • As the case first starts off in Japan, they wanted a character who would easily stand out as very Japanese; hence a Japanese politician showing up in a box (it's actually called a litter ride).
  • Though it was hinted at since the third case, Nahyuta and Ema come to have a relationship of mutual trust, and he prefers to take her along for the more important cases.
  • Nahyuta was a character intended to be difficult to read, and his epithet as the "prosecutor of resignation" would come to be deeply ironic. His quiet became a nice contrast to Apollo's passion.
  • This case highlights on Nahyuta and Rayfa's roles and their character developments. There are several hints scattered about that may suggest what their true relationship is.
  • Apollo's reaction to Dhruk is classic Apollo: cool, uncaring, and just a little bitter about being left alone for so long. (Long story short, Apollo has some weird relations with Dhruk and his dad.)
  • The queen plays a huge role in the entire controversy behind the Defense Culpability Act, almost cornerstone to the biggest theme of the game.

DLC case
  • Like with GS5, they opted for a DLC case that has little to do with the rest of the game. Again, it was their producer who suggested a reuinion with Phoenix, Edgeworth, Larry, and Maya.
  • The themes of "time travel" and "marriage" came along as things they just wanted to write about sometime. Though time travel couldn't really be real, if spirit channeling is, why couldn't they stretch the concept a bit?
  • The airship design came along as they went with a general steampunk theme to the characters. At some point, the whole thing swung off into shojo manga territory.
  • Since Larry was appearing, they had to keep his Laurice Deauxnim personality, but since he's also Larry, they couldn't see him actually maturing. Furthermore, there's a marriage, so of course he'd be the driving force behind some trouble in it.
  • And what better way to express their honest reunion feelings by having both Phoenix and Edgeworth corner him on the stand in court?

Edit: Sorry to cut it short for now, but I'll get to the rest later. Sleep calls...
Edit: Done. I had to take out quite a few chunks of the interview as they went into some major spoiler territory. I've compressed it into a summarized list above and left as few spoilers as I could without leaving too much out. For those who wish to know more about the spoilers I've left out, please feel free to share in the open spoiler discussion thread or in the "I want to know one thing" thread.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

迷探偵

Oh, if you're doing a summary anyway, I'm not going to do full translation soon. Perhaps some time later.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Suit yourself. I did leave out a few things, but we could save them for the spoiler threads instead.

迷探偵

With 'not soon', I meant I wasn't able to finish it within the day. But for those interested, here is a full translation of the interview from the Official Visual Book (full of spoilers!)
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kingdom of Khura'in (GS6)